PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 02:59 PM   #1  

Default Any good low sugar shakes?

I usually try to do a weight loss shake for breakfast. I never used to eat breakfast but now I'm really making an effort. I do well on just a shake because I'm not very hungry and can grab it on my way to work.
I was doing the slim fast ones but quit because way too much sugar. Now I'm doing Advocare, vanilla and then I grind & blend a few frozen strawberries. It's good but I'm almost out and don't want to buy more (this was leftovers from some time ago).
Can anybody recommend a weight loss shake, preferably low sugar, high protein and doesn't taste too nasty?
Old 01-13-2003, 09:22 AM   #2  
Jo
Catatonic

Revival Soy! I don't know if you can buy them at the store, though. I ordered mine through their website. They have several options . . . I would go with the shakes made with Splenda. The website is http://www.revivalsoy.com/, if you're interested.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:34 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

I like the Atkin's chocolate shakes, but they are expensive. I keep them in the fridge in case of emergency.

I also buy chocolate protein powder and make choc smoothies in the blender with ice, a spoon of extra cocoa and a spoon of instant decaf. Yum!!
Old 02-06-2003, 12:21 PM   #4  
aka Zippy LiverFace

DEBELLI on the SugarBusters thread has a few that she makes at home - quick, easy, healthy and no sugar! I can't find the recipe, but if you pop down there to the Weekly Support Board and post the question, you'll probably get more responses than you can shake a stick at.

(yep, I'm a southern gal!)
Closed Thread