Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #1  
Wandering in the Woods

Cool Park a nice Pretty Glass Of Water in Every Room .

Yes, that is my new habit I'm starting. I recently spent a few weeks with guests staying in my house. I might add they were very fit , diet and excercize obsessed young adults, and they drank water or juice or tea... all ... day... long. Okay, okay... so they did all kinds of really good things to stay fit and slim, but this one thing... 'this one wierd trick' , it's like 'duh !" I always forget about it ! I know that in drinking water is suppose to be a part of healthy living, but making an attempt to park a pretty glass of water in every room I inhabit, well... just makes sense.

Have you tried this yet?
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197.6/185.2/150

Height: 5'3

I keep a bottle of water on my nightstand and usually one on the kitchen counter. I really do believe that water is a key component in my weight loss since it's replaced the can of Mountain Dew I used to drink daily plus other sugary drinks.
Angelique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #3  
Wandering in the Woods

I guess a 'bottle of water' must be too complicated for me ... lol... maybe havign something to do with the lid on it.... never worked for me. The pint glass though, just looks so apealing. I would love to say I lost 20 pounds as you did. Maybe I will !
Old 06-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #4  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

I'm paranoid about having a glass of water sitting out (afraid dust will fall into it? I honestly don't know) so I have a large bottle of water that I drink, refill, drink and refill again. I definitely think it helps.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #5  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I'm a bit freaky actually, I really enjoy drinking water from a bottle but if I drink it from a glass I feel like I want to drink something tastier! Darn my weird subconscious. It sounds like a good idea if you're living alone, I think my parents would get annoyed!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Much easier to just carry my Camelback waterbottle with me. Seems a lot of work to keep a glass of water in every room- you do have to change the water frequently or it starts to get warm from the sun and bugs and stuff might fall into the glass.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #7  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Hermit girl...I've wondered where you've been.
I rarely drink water...unless I'm actually thirsty...which is usually never. It just makes me go to the bathroom CONSTANTLY. I just drink my morning coffee, & occasional ice tea. I eat a ton of vegetables and fruit though, so I do get in a lot of "water" from that.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #8  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Riestrella, I'm the same way. I can guzzle water if it's in a bottle or a cup with a straw, but water in a glass is unsatisfying. My DF bought me a plastic cup with a straw that looks like a starbucks cup and you can freeze it. It helps me drink more.

Last edited by shishkeberry; 06-30-2011 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Stupid phone
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #9  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
It just makes me go to the bathroom CONSTANTLY.
Me too. I probably should drink more. I keep water in the bedroom and drink through the night because for some reason that is when I am thirsty. If I kept water out all over it would get warm (in the summer) since we don't use air conditioning. But if it works for you, why not try it.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/*ticker*/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
Riestrella, I'm the same way. I can guzzle water if it's in a bottle or a cup with a straw, but water in a glass is unsatisfying. My DF bought me a plastic cup with a straw that looks like a starbucks cup and you can freeze it. It helps me drink more.
I have 2 of those cups, one completely dedicated to water. I am weird in that if it has a straw I can drink like there's no tomorrow. You put a can of soda in a cup with a straw and in a few minutes it's gone where if I drink out of the can itself, I can spread it out to a few hours. So I started using my straw cup with water and find I drink a ton of it especially since I can freeze the cup and for me to drink water, it has to be cooooollllllddddd.
AshleighAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #11  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I have a 32 ounces Sigg Container that I keep in a net bottle carrier. I carry it with me everywhere I go - the family room, kitchen, car, into stores, the pool, gym - everywhere. I don't like plain water, but I love iced tea. I make a fairly weak decaf iced tea and drink that all day long - about 120 ounces a day. I also a lot of veggies, but I am thirsty a lot. (And yes, I do drink water too).
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197.6/185.2/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
I'm a bit freaky actually, I really enjoy drinking water from a bottle but if I drink it from a glass I feel like I want to drink something tastier! Darn my weird subconscious. It sounds like a good idea if you're living alone, I think my parents would get annoyed!
Me too!! I can't really drink water from a cup/glass....but I drink 6 bottles of water a day. I wonder why that is....
Angelique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #13  
Wandering in the Woods

WEll, I have personally only been drinking coffee and tea, and then more coffee. Water is going to really help me stay focused, no matter what the container, it's about having it in reach wherever I go ; next to the computer, next to my knitting, on the dining room table, maybe I'll even park a 'bottle' next to the toilet, so when I go pee, I'll drink more !!! lol.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/*ticker*/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit Girl View Post
WEll, I have personally only been drinking coffee and tea, and then more coffee. Water is going to really help me stay focused, no matter what the container, it's about having it in reach wherever I go ; next to the computer, next to my knitting, on the dining room table, maybe I'll even park a 'bottle' next to the toilet, so when I go pee, I'll drink more !!! lol.
I agree... I only ever drank coffee and pop. A lot of it. When I started to cut my intake of those things and replace it with water, it helped me lose some (probably a lot of sodium water weight from the pop!) AND I actually felt more energized even though I thought caffeine was helping, I feel better and less bloated and I think it's even helping my skin!
AshleighAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #15  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

I have the plastic cup with the straw too (BPA free) and I drink so much more water when I keep it around! I think it's something to do with the straw. My roommate calls it my 'sippy cup'. I drink about 80 oz a day, but I sweat a TON when I workout. I'm talking puddles on the floor after spin class! I do have to watch my caffeine though- it'll really dehydrate you- and I can tell because it makes me pee like crazy when I've been drinking so much water! I'd rather skip the caffeine than deal with that nonsense.
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote