Old 06-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #1  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Default back to the only thing that really works

Gee another year and I have made no real progress. I have been messing around switching plans for almost a year! I gained about 30 extra lbs on top of all the regular extra pounds after a siblings death last fall. I have managed to take about 10 of it off.

I decided tomorrow starts SERIOUS day! I have never ever ever done the whole 20 gram induction by the book. I will be starting it tomorrow. I have an event in 2 weeks and less bloat would sure make the clothes more comfy! I now have a perfect 2 week induction window with nothing major going on!

I also have an event the 1st week of Sept and I would be thrilled if I lost enough to get back into my dresses by then or maybe one smaller

I have written out my plan and hope it is ok to share for accountability.

~ under 20 grams of carbs after fiber
~ all carbs from veg~ lemon juice. No frankenfood!
~ shoot for 1600 cals or less 5x a week with 2 days up to 2000

~
EXERCISE ( I pretty good here already!)

Mon~ chalean, 30 min other, abs
Tues~ pilates/yoga
Wed~ chalean, 30 min other~abs
Thur~ walking
Fri~ walking, chalean, abs
Sat~ none
Sun~ 30 min ????

Wish me luck! I'll weigh in tomorrow and start blogging!
thinnerbyjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #3  

Thank you! I just need to make it a few days with out falling in carbage and I know it will get better and I will feel so much better! Bye bye tums!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:35 PM   #4  
carvinmom

S/C/G: 359/254/150

Height: 5'5''

good luck, i know what your feeling about the weight gain. I just need to buckle down also and get back on the program cause i know atkins works for me. Check in often and hopefully i will do the same.
Recently ive debated on where and what to do to get started again. thankfully this email forum popped into my outlook and answered my question.. good luck to all
carvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvinmom View Post
good luck, i know what your feeling about the weight gain. I just need to buckle down also and get back on the program cause i know atkins works for me. Check in often and hopefully i will do the same.
Recently ive debated on where and what to do to get started again. thankfully this email forum popped into my outlook and answered my question.. good luck to all

Good luck! You can do it!

I decided I wont do anything I can not keep up forever this time. So that means I may have the occasional bite of cotton candy etc and I will not beat myself up over it.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249.8/222.8/160

Height: 5'5"

You can do it!
kellkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/198/135

Height: 5'8"

I'm new here, but just wanted to say good luck!! You can do this!!
Deblynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:52 PM   #8  
readytobea10

S/C/G: 225/220.4/165

Height: 5'9"

Smile new to Atkins

Hi all. I have been dieting for the past year and have only succeeded in GAINING weight! I have tried everything without success so I decided to give Atkins a try. I started today with the induction phase but I didn't really eat the veggies i should have and ate a lot of sodium. I read somewhere that you really don't have to cut sodium because when you give up carbs you automatically lose a lot of water. Is this true? Also has anyone found that blood pressure meds interfere with weight loss? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by readytobea10; 07-25-2011 at 11:55 PM.
readytobea10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:17 AM   #9  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Readytobea10, I've taken blood pressure meds for the past three years. Between the first of August and Christmas, I lost 30 pounds on Atkins. I didn't restrict my salt, but did pay attention to making lower salt choices (low sodium bacon, for example). I also walked at least 30 minutes every day.

As to whether the meds affect weight loss, I don't know. I suspect it's individual. Please check with your doctor to answer your salt question and to give you more information about your prescription medication. Good luck and welcome!

Thinnerbyjuly, welcome! Atkins definitely works if we stay on plan and allow it to do its thing. I like your typ "carbage." Is that the bad stuff we get in a drive-thu? HaHaHa!!! Now when I pass a tempting take-out place, I'm going to think, "No carbage for me!"
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #10  
readytobea10

S/C/G: 225/220.4/165

Height: 5'9"

Sandyfanny, Thanks so much for the reply. I started yesterday and have lost 3 pounds! I'm so excited.
readytobea10 is offline   Reply With Quote