Chicks up for a Challenge - September 20th Challenge Week 2!

View Full Version : September 20th Challenge Week 2!

ClaireBear92
06-28-2011, 12:59 PM
To start off week number 2...here is WEEK 1 CHART!

Congradulations to all the ladies that made honors awards. It's time to step up our game and lose even more weight! So post your weeks weight loss goal and lets stay motivated =]] my goal is 2-3 pounds for this week!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/claireclaire14/Doc2.jpg

melni
06-28-2011, 01:02 PM
This is too cute! I love it. Great job, ladies! :carrot:

diyana
06-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Congrats to all of us!!

My goal for this week is 3 lbs. That may be overly optimistic...but I'm really going to work hard to achieve it.

ClaireBear92
06-28-2011, 01:32 PM
melni congradulations on winning Exercise Champ for week 1!

and diyana great goal to set! I'm right there with you.

elizabethyellow
06-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Aw this is precious! I LOVE THIS CHALLENGE!! My goal this week is 146 - lord be with me! Hahaha

LaCatrina
06-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Hi everybody!!! Can I join? I've put about 15 pounds since I got married in February :(

lagorditadecolorado
06-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Yay! Good job everyone!

Love the chart ClaireBear :)

orcagrrrl2003
06-28-2011, 04:36 PM
The chart is awesome!! I'm hoping for one more four pound week, so I can catch up to my goals. My very first week didn't go as I planned :)

Great job everyone and lets keep it up!!

TheBunneh
06-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Awesome chart Claire! =)

I'm doing pretty good today. I'm getting ready to workout in a few minutes, planning TurboFire HIIT 30 followed by about 20 minutes upper body weights. It'll be tough, but I'm gonna do my best.

I hope everyone has a great day!

ClaireBear92
06-28-2011, 05:35 PM
LaCatrina of course u can join!
Just post ur starting weight and goal weighst and I ways remember to weigh in on Sundays and mondays

kurisitaru
06-28-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm a newbie status. :p

My goal this week is to get to 153, I bet I can do it... SHRED and Biking here I COME!

iamerican
06-28-2011, 06:30 PM
AWWWW! LOVe it! I am so happy for this. Thanks ClaireBear. I am out for my best friends 21st birthday!!! Hoping to lose another pound this week!!!!

LaCatrina
06-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome, ClaireBear!! :wave:

I've been lurking this forum for a while, I've found tons of great info here, and decided to come out of lurkedom because I seriously need some accountability and motivation

My starting weight is 154.4 pounds, and my first goal is to go back to 140#

I'm off to a kettlebell class. I've been doing some T-Tapp over the past few days, but my lower back feels kind of tender... and I never have back pain!! Maybe I did something wrong, who knows.

My monthly visitor should be here in the next two days, so I'm probably a bit bloated :moo:

ClaireBear92
06-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm so glad you guys like my chart =]]]

And even though I hate to do this...once we get to 20 girls who've joined our challenge. We are going to have to close the doors to ladies joining our chart. We can't have our Goal Loss number as a whole going up and up and up. So we are currently at 17 lovely ladies =] If 3 more ladies would like to join us this week..that would be AWESOME! and after this next chart joining will be closed off so we can accurately determine our groups weight loss =]]

sewhappy
06-28-2011, 10:04 PM
okay I know I lose very slowly so I'm going to be realistic and aim for 1 pound this week. Already got my exercise in today and stayed on plan with food.

elizabethyellow
06-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Oh man, I went a little crazy at Olive Garden yesterday - darn that black tie mousse cake! I'm gonna have to be stricter the rest of the week!!

melni
06-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Oh man, I went a little crazy at Olive Garden yesterday - darn that black tie mousse cake! I'm gonna have to be stricter the rest of the week!!

I haven't been to Olive Garden since I started eating better. I'm not sure if I can resist those breadsticks!

LaCatrina
06-29-2011, 12:54 PM
The table is really cute and motivating indeed, ClaireBear - fantastic work!!

I'm glad I found this challenge on time - would have sucked for me to be out of the roster :headache:

I had a good day yesterday. I ate well all day long, and then I did my kettlebell class. Today I'm planning to do a TurboFire workout (not sure yet which)

I have to eat low carb/paleo, since I have celiac disease and some serious ADD. I babble less when I cut on the cheese and eat my veggies :broc:

kurisitaru
06-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Turbofire work out? o.O?

I'm halfway to my goal this week! I'm 154 this morning! HUZZAH!
I plan on working out on the Shred, I'm FINALLY on day11, Level 2! It's going to be harder, but I'll hopefully feel it more. (I also pray there are no lateral raises, ugh!).

ClaireBear92
06-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Went to the gym yesturday and did 40 minutes of intervals on the tredmill! Kicked my butt. my legs are super sore this morning and i was sweating buckets last night. i would have done some weight lifting too, but there were a couple guys hogging all the machines. excited to do it all again tonight though.

melni
06-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Ladies, I'm so excited, I just have to share my NSV.

I've ALWAYS been the girl that swims with a shirt and shorts. Well, today I'm going to a friend's pool, so I decided to try on a swimsuit that I bought about 3 years ago. Not only does it fit properly, I don't look half bad in it! Legs and arms are still flabby, but they are WAY better than when I bought the swimsuit.

Anyway, I'm hoping I burn off a few calories swimming. :p

Great job, everyone! :carrot:

TheBunneh
06-29-2011, 04:50 PM
melni That's awesome!!! I bet it looks great on you. Enjoy the swim! I'm a little envious, I wish I had the confidence to wear I swim suit. I contemplated buying one for this summer but put it off another year...

Claire Great job on doing so good at the gym!

kurisitaru Yay for being halfway to your goal! Good luck with your workout.

LaCatrina Congrats on a good day yesterday. Have fun with the TurboFire! They're a great workout. =)

----

I'm in a bit of a funk today. Just really "eh" about everything, headachy, etc. I had a really great workout yesterday, and some exercise dvds I was looking forward to arrived from amazon last night. I was soooo excited to do one of them today but now I'm just all blaaaah. Well, maybe once I start I'll get more into it. Doing good on calories so far, hoping to see 161 for the weigh-in.

Have a great day everyone!

ClaireBear92
06-29-2011, 10:41 PM
It'll get better TheBunneh

Just heading to the gym. i hope the pounds are coming off with all the work ive been doing! its taking a lot just to keep off the scale until sunday. but i know if i weight everyday i'll get discouraged.

iamerican
06-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Hey Hey ladies. I was on plan with food today! I didnt workout since I slept in. I was out late for my best friends 21st and needed the sleep. I am loving these threads and this challenge. I cant wait to get into the 230s!

Great job working out everyone!

ClaireBear92
06-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Ok ladies...so you know how i said that i was hoping busting my butt in the gym even harder would pay off? and that i havnt gone over my calorie budget once in 17 days! well....i am now down to 235..i just weighed in on 3 different scales because i couldn't belive it. but that's 4 lbs since my last weigh in! omg im so happy i might cry. I've reached 15 lbs weight loss...and that was my goal for July 18th...i reached it over 2 weeks early =]]]] omg!

LaCatrina
06-30-2011, 12:56 PM
I had another good day yesterday. I did TF Fire 30, and ate according to plan. Let's see if the scale is nice to me on Monday

I just did HIIT 15 - I still cry for mommy with that one!! It's so much fun, the music is fantastic, very driving. I'm also trying hard to have breakfast every day... I'm bad with that. If I could have it my way I'd eat until after 2 pm most days. I will also be going to my kettlebell class later today. I want to see if I can follow the Turbo Fire calendar (I can't get myself to follow long rotations!!!) along with my kettlebells. I don't like the TF strength workouts, since I have a hard time handling the resistance bands, for whatever reason.

kurisitaru - I LOVE the 30 day shred!! Every workout is a challenge. Personally, I've found level 2 more difficult than 3. As far as I remember there are no lateral raises on that one, but you will be making (if I remember correctly) front raises while holding a chair position. I curse at the TV every time I have to do that move! :dizzy:

ClaireBear - Great job with your workout!! I too hate it when there are peeps hanging out at the machines, talking and not doing much. That's why I like working out at home, and combine those workouts with group classes. To me it's the best of both worlds.

melni - Congratulations!!! Way to go!! Nothing feels better than looking yourself in the mirror and loving what you see!!!

TheBunneh - First of all, congratulations on your HUGE weight loss!!!! Which videos did you get? I have my eye on Michael Olajide's new system... I'm a total exercise DVD junkie!!!

Have a great day you guys!! :cp:

LaCatrina
06-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Ok ladies...so you know how i said that i was hoping busting my butt in the gym even harder would pay off? and that i havnt gone over my calorie budget once in 17 days! well....i am now down to 235..i just weighed in on 3 different scales because i couldn't belive it. but that's 4 lbs since my last weigh in! omg im so happy i might cry. I've reached 15 lbs weight loss...and that was my goal for July 18th...i reached it over 2 weeks early =]]]] omg!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :bravo:

Those are amazing news!! All your hard work is paying off big time :woohoo:

TheBunneh
06-30-2011, 01:38 PM
iamerican Good job for being on plan!

ClaireBear92 Amazing!! Good for you! :cheer2:

LaCatrina Thank you. :) I ordered five dvds, which was a lot for me to spend at once but they were technically my anniversary present. I got Kari Anderson's two brand new workouts Sweat Express 2 and Center floor, one of her old ones Hot Steps, and two Amy Dixon workouts Breathless Body and Kickin' Strength.

I'm a workout dvd junkie too! I love trying out new ones!

----

I did feel better once I got into my workout last night. I only did about 20 minutes of the new dvd cause I can stand learning only so much new choreography at once, but I supplemented it with another dvd to total about 45 minutes of exercise.

Today is a rest day. I'm planning to go hardcore tomorrow with a long hike in the morning and a kick boxing workout in the afternoon. If I'm not too worn out by the hike that is. We'll see how it goes!

Hope you ladies have a great day!

doc2b
06-30-2011, 01:43 PM
ClaireBear- CONGRATS!! KEEP up the great work!
kurisitaru- I ordered the 30DS DVD for when I return to school and need a quick workout. I haven't even taken it out of the wrapping yet, cause I am enjoying my outside running and relaxing weightroom time :) BUT keep us updated on how its going... I hope I dont get to scared to start it in the fall/winter :)

I have a big run tonight 2.25 miles... little nervous (but I always get anxiety when I run a longer distance for the first time), skipped working out all together yesterday, but ate OP and lost 2 :) Hopefully can stay OP today

HAVE A GREAT DAY LADIES!

kurisitaru
06-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Good luck with the swiming! I still can't go out in public with a swim suit. I have to battle my fat, and my really pale legs and stomach. My arms are tan, I'm outside a lot, but I hate my legs and stomach, so they get NO sun.

XD

Good job with the gym everyone! And I love DVDs too. Jillian Micheals does come up with a great work out. Level 2.. O.O

diyana
06-30-2011, 02:43 PM
ClaireBear - Great job on doing so well with the eating AND the exercise! :cp: :cp: And :congrat: on the fantastic weight loss! That's fantastic!!

LaCatrina - :bravo: for all the exercising!!

iamerican - Well done staying on plan!!

TheBunneh - Glad working out made you feel better.

doc2b - Good luck on your run!

kurisitaru - I used to have a hard time going out in public in a swim suit...until I hurt my back and now water aerobics is just about the only exercise I'm allowed to do. Glad you enjoy your DVDs.

A big :wave: to everyone! Keep up the great work!

justjen78
06-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Looks like everyone is doing a great job!! Is there still room on the roster?

ClaireBear92
06-30-2011, 03:55 PM
yes there is! we have 3 positions left. so welcome justjen78! Just post your Starting Weight and Goal Weight so i can put you on the chart. and remember, we weigh in on Monday's and Sunday's! So make sure you post your weight on those days. =]]

elizabethyellow
06-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Hey ladies! I am about to get Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 from ebay, just because everyone all over the boards rave about her! I personally don't like her very much due to the way she treats those BL contestants... but maybe I'll get mad enough at her to work out my frustrations! :)

I had my first NSV yesterday!! I hung out with a friend who I haven't seen in a good 4 - 5 months, and she said I looked skinny! ME! Weird. :)

ClaireBear92
06-30-2011, 06:58 PM
ohmygosh thats amazing elizabethyellow! Being called skinny is a great thing. i cant wait to be called skinny again lol.

melni
06-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Welcome justjen!

And, elizabethyellow, Congrats on your NSV. It's such a nice feeling, isn't it?

I'm finally able to add a signature today! :carrot: I'm almost too excited! haha

elizabethyellow
06-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Melni, I'm so jealous!! I don't get mine until July 9th lol

kurisitaru
07-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Elizabethyellow... Be prepared to be murdered by the SHRED! The first 10 days are like a giant warm up for the 2nd level. XD

iamerican
07-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Today I do day 9 of 30DS. After this weekend, I will be onto level 2. Now I am scared kurisitaru. :)

elizabethyellow
07-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Hahaha oh goodness, I'll be sure to let you all know the comical details of my adventures in the shred :)

melni
07-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Haha, I plan on starting level 2 of 30DS tomorrow. I don't want to be sore again! :P

LaCatrina
07-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Everybody is doing great! That's quite exciting and motivating!!! :carrot:

Yesterday I had another day on-plan. I did HIIT15, per the rotation calendar, and then went to my kettlebell/clubbell class. Needless to say I fell asleep two seconds after tucking myself in bed. Today I was supposed to rest, but I'll have family over tomorrow, so I switched the workout for today. I did Fire30 - time flew by!! I always have a great time with Chalene and the gang.

I ate on plan yesterday, and today things have been good so far. Luckily my husband is happy to eat whatever I fix, and he doesn't bring off-plan treats home. He wants to lose weight to, so that helps big time.

I'm a fan of anything Jillian Michaels when it comes to working out. A while back I did her 30 day slimdown. It was grueling, but it's super effective. I'm thinking of using Jillian for sculpting instead of the TF videos, since the resistance bands are no friends of mine.

Doing the Shred can be difficult, but for the time commitment the results are amazing. I first did it when it was released, and I was carrying quite a bit extra weight on me. The thing that carried me through it was the fact that the workouts weren't long. I don't recall my exact numbers when I finished, but I can tell you that I had to buy new pants after 30 days, and I mean NEEDED, because even the smallest jeans I had at the time were falling off :o

TheBunneh - I love Kari's Reach. It's one of those workouts that give me that "feel good" mood. The Breathless one is a KILLER!!! I previewed it a few days ago and just watching made me sweat

diyana - Thank you!! I've always loved working out, but the eating side of things was always all over the place for me. Now I'm doing both things and I'm finally seeing results

justjen78 - Welcome!! :high:

elizabethyellow - Congratulations for your NSV!! our stats are about the same, and I'm dying to see the 140s again

Good luck to all the 30 Day Shred rockstars, and have a great day everybody!!! :cloud9:

xxALICIAxx
07-01-2011, 02:32 PM
That chart is so cute! Great motivation, Can I join or do you have 20 yet??? I NEED the motivation! I've hit a plateu the past 2 months, after losing 30 pounds.. these 2 pounds keep going up down up down, Soo frustrating!!

kurisitaru
07-01-2011, 04:26 PM
For those doing the Shred... level 2 is EVIL! Like... the girl Natalie "cheated" a few times ><

I hope you all like planks... you're about to LOVE them...

ClaireBear92
07-01-2011, 04:47 PM
xxALICIAxx we have 2 positions left so just post your Starting Weight and Goal Weight and remember to weigh in on either Sunday or Monday each week!

elizabethyellow
07-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Aw we are becoming a little family! GO SEPT 20 GIRLS GO!!! Plus we need to do the teams!! <3

ClaireBear92
07-01-2011, 07:01 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT LADIES!

I hope everyone has been doing great this week...hitting those gyms and using those at home DVDs...and eating right! Because weigh in starts in 2 days! So get pumped and stay away from those Friday and Saturday night temptations!!!

AND

Next week we will be doing a TEAM CHALLENGE! It will be green team vs blue team!!! These teams will be determined by the chart and the order in which we all joined the challenge. The team that loses the most weight next week will determine wether or not we will do another team challenge the following weak..or individualized weight loss. So it's a pretty cool prize for winning =]]] IF YOU DO NOT WEIGH IN ON SUNDAY OR MONDAY..YOU WILL NOT QUALIFY TO BE APART OF THE TEAM CHALLENGE! SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WEIGH IN LADIES =]]] very proud of all of you and im so happy my SEPT 20th challenge has made us all come closer together and help eachother through this!

TheBunneh
07-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Oh. Em. Gee. I am so exhausted.

I went hiking in the mountains with my husband this morning, for about four hours (though somewhere around 30 to 40 minutes of that included sitting around looking at scenery and enjoying the waterfall we reached). Then after a late lunch and some hydration I did a 40 minute kickbox-like dvd (Ilaria Montagnani's Bodystrikes) and part of TurboFire HIIT 20 (skipped the warm up).

...now I have to try to find the energy to shower. :dizzy:

I feel awesome though, and so proud of myself!

Sorry for not doing any personals, I just wanted to check in before I collapse in bed. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. :D

kurisitaru
07-01-2011, 09:05 PM
The Bunneh: Hiking is so nice though. I love the woods and trails. I miss them too...>.>

AND YAY TEAMS! I went on an INSANE bike ride today and hopefully come Sunday I drop weight!

ClaireBear92
07-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Good job girls! I love seeing everyone exercising so much. This is the first day i havnt hit the gym since i started my weight loss journey. really sick when i woke up this morning. but hopefully be back in the gym tomorrow morning.

doc2b
07-02-2011, 01:53 AM
Hey ladies-- so this morning scale said 200.2... YAY!! But pretty sure I blew that today- leave it to me to sabotage my onederland- GRRRR. Hubs called me when he was going to lunch so I went with him. Mexican I had fajitas with no tortillas - and stayed OP with chips. Then we were both too hot and tired to make dinner 108 here today, so we went out AGAIN- not so OP - meatloaf, mashed potatoes, salad, -- AND EVEN DESSERT- URGGG I lost it lol . I ran 2 miles yesterday- literally got sick in the middle of it (it must have been something I ate because I have never gotten sick during working out) So I went ahead and did my 2.25miles today.I am sooo slow but atleast I am getting the distance done. Some friends and I from school have decided to run a 1/2 marathon. It could be a little crazy I hope I can stick with it. Ok Sorry for my monsterous and not so encouraging post- just hoping the scale is good to me tomorrow. :/ .

ClaireBear- Your doing great with this group Thanks for putting it all together

TheBunneh- great job on hiking AND workout DVD- Where I go to school in TN I am usually donezo after hiking SOO HUMID

Welcome NEWCOMERS!!

Keep up the great work Ladies-- excited to see everyone's loses this first week. Hopefully I can sweat off some fat this weekend :) Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!

xxALICIAxx
07-02-2011, 11:27 AM
YAY!! Thank you for letting me join ClaireBear!! Hope you're feeling better!!

My starting weight is 191 weighed myself today.
My goal weight is 170.:smug:

TheBunneh
07-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Just thought of something - A lot of you are trying for three or four pounds lost a week and I'm not shooting for much more than a pound a week at most, so maybe it's not fair for me to be on one of the teams? I mean, I don't want to drag the rest of the team down with my slow loss.

xxALICIAxx
07-02-2011, 12:05 PM
I am also only shooting for 1.5 loss per week.. I do WeightWatchers and they say 1-2 per week is healthy, any more than that is not very healthy for you.. WW says SLOW weight loss is the best because you are easing your way into it. Plus mini goals [like 10lbs at a time] are always better because once you achieve it , it feels absolutely amazing!! I've only lost 30 pounds in 7 months, So my weight loss has been slow and steady.. and thats the way i like it! :smug:

ClaireBear92
07-02-2011, 02:29 PM
If that's a major concern for a lot of ladies..then i will split the groups up based on % of weight lost...that way even if you lose 1 pound...but are around 160 or 150 lbs...and someone who is 200 loses 3 lbs...you could still be aiding your team with a high % of weight loss.

WEIGH IN STARTS TOMORROW LADIES! WORK HARD TODAY AND DONT FORGET PLEASE! THE LADIES WHO DID NOT WEIGH IN LAST WEEK...IF THEY DO NOT WEIGH IN FOR 2 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS IN A ROW WILL BE ELIMINATED FROM THE CHART =[[[ AND I DONT WANNA SEE THAT HAPPEN!

LaCatrina
07-02-2011, 03:38 PM
The teams idea sounds awesome!!!

TOM is officially here, so I don't expect anything spectacular in terms of weight loss on Monday :( I feel very bloated

I was supposed to rest, but I did T-Tapp 15 Min Plus WO

Welcome, xxAliciaxx!!

melni
07-02-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm the same, LaCatrina. Gah. We'll see. I was down two pounds towards the beginning of the week, but I'm retaining water.

elizabethyellow
07-02-2011, 04:42 PM
I like the percentage of weight loss idea a lot! I too am only shooting for about 2 pound loss....

UPDATE: I weighed ahead of schedule this morning and haven't dropped ANYTHING this week - what?! I guess it's better than gaining, but still! What gives!

iamerican
07-02-2011, 05:41 PM
I finished level one of 30DS today. 10 days complete! Yea! I am also only shooting for 1 pound a week, but we never know what may happen. I had cold stone today (uh OH) but am still planning on being under my calories! I hope!

Doc2b: Hope tomorrow is better! We all have slip ups (see my cold stone) but just get right back at it.

ClaireBear: Feel Better!

skinnychicagogirl
07-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Hi! Is it too late to join?

ClaireBear92
07-02-2011, 11:45 PM
We have one more spot open skinnychicagogirl So you are welcome to join! now we are completely full up...unless betbabe and Live Laugh Love miss weigh in again then we will have 2 more positions open...but i hope that's not the case!

skinnychicagogirl if you weighed yourself last week...please give me that weight as your Starting Weight and give me your Goal Weight for September 20th. If you havnt weighed yourself at all in the last couple weeks...then just weigh yourself tomorrow and you will be added to the chart as a newby =]

WEIGH IN STARTS TOMORROW MORNING! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REMEMBER TO WEIGH IN BY MIDNIGHT MONDAY NIGHT. AND I KNOW YOU'LL ALL DO AMAZING. YOU GIRLS HAVE BEEN DOING SO WELL!

elizabethyellow
07-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Claire, is it possible to change my starting weight and weight from last week? Apparently the scale I had been using was broken and was giving me lower numbers :|

SW: 157
Last week's CW: 155

skinnychicagogirl
07-03-2011, 09:51 AM
YAY!! Thanks for letting me join!!! How long is the challenge? And do you log in every day with an update on exercise??

My starting weight is 166. My ultimate goal is 150, but if it's a goal until Sep 20 I'll make it more realistic at 155. (11 weeks = 11 lbs).

THANKS!!!

LaCatrina
07-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Melni – I know the feeling girlfriend!! I feel as graceful as a male hippo in a tutu. I sometimes cry over everything!! :cry:

Elizabethyellow – Are you measuring yourself too? Sometimes the tape moves, even when the scale stays in the same spot

Iamerican – Yaaaay!! Way to go! :cp: Level 2 is awesome, I started to see huge changes at the end of those 20 days

Skinnichicagogirl – Welcome!!

Even though I woke up feeling bloated and heavy, I did Fire 55 EZ, per the rotation calendar. I feel a bit better actually, I guess sweating helped me a bit with the swelling :dance:

ClaireBear92
07-03-2011, 02:02 PM
WEIGH IN LADIES! start to post your weights from this morning...and if you dont weigh until mondays, make sure to do so!

I dropped 4 lbs last week that brought me down to 239
i weighed myself this morning and im down to 233....6lbs in one week. i dont know how it happened but i'll take it!!

skinnychicagogirl we weigh in every sunday and monday. weigh in closes at midnight on monday, and if you dont weigh in i wont be able to put you on the chart for that weight. we'll be mixing it up with a team challenge this upcoming week...you dont have to log what exercises youre doing on here everyday. but itd be awesome if you did! =] this challenge is all about motivation and helping eachother meet our goals.

munchey
07-03-2011, 02:43 PM
OOPS, SORRY. I DIDN'T REALIZE I HAD MIGRATED TO THE WRONG THREAD.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WITH YOUR CHALLENGE!

Munchey here, reporting actuals for 6-26-11 thru 7-2-11:
Weight loss = 2 lbs - Current wt. 229 (Woo Hoo, I'm in the 220's)
Walking = met 15 mile goal
Body Parts = met 5 day, 15 min

Exercise Body Parts = 15 minutes, 5 days

kurisitaru
07-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Last week: 155
This week: 154
LOST 1 LB
!!!

I like the % loss for teams as well. It's way more fair. I'll probably only be losing 1-2 lbs a week. The first month was probably a FLUKE and all water weight considering I was dropping weight like crazy.

How are you all enjoying THE SHRED!

do the robot
07-03-2011, 03:50 PM
New weight: 322.6

Dangit

ClaireBear92
07-03-2011, 06:20 PM
kurisitaru congratulations on your weight loss!!

do the robot hang in there girl! if you need any tips or advice on losing those lbs just let me know! id be more than willing to help in anyway i can =]

WEIGH IN LADIES! i've only had 2 girls weigh in....last week i had way more by this point. hope nobody forgets!!!

LaCatrina
07-03-2011, 09:15 PM
I will be stepping on the scale first thing in the morning tomorrow. Not really looking forward to it, since I feel like a ballon due to TOM :(

ClaireBear92
07-03-2011, 09:54 PM
LaCatrina, your TOM can make your weight fluctuate anywhere from 1-5 lbs. so dont get discouraged if your weight goes up instead of down. it just means youll have an even bigger weight loss next week when your body stops retaining water.

lagorditadecolorado
07-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Ugh, sorry ladies, I've had a rough week with migraines pretty much the entire last 4 days, hasn't helped me with goals much, I've gained 2 pounds :(
Last week:234
This week:236
But hey, I'm here. Next Sunday will be better, so help me Elvis.

skinnychicagogirl
07-03-2011, 11:46 PM
HI all,

Thanks again for letting me join. I'm reading through the posts getting to know everyone. :)

Sunday's weigh-in (weighed in this morning) - 166.

Worked out hard today - 45 min spin class and then a 60 min hot yoga/sculpt class (yoga in 105 room with weights - intense!) I also was pretty active just walking around the city all day.

I am setting a new goal/intention for the week... my yoga instructor and I talked for a bit today (he lost 80 lbs doing yoga!) and he said that every week he would set an intention for one thing - that way it wasn't so overwhelming. SO... my intention for the week is to NOT eat after 8pm. No ifs ands or buts about it....

Looking forward to the challenge! ;)

orcagrrrl2003
07-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Sorry I haven't had time to chat, this will be my 4th 13 hour shift this week... Not my greatest week, I don't think I've been eating enough and I have not exercised at all. Down 1 to 277.2, but I'm happy with anything! Have a great week everyone!

TheBunneh
07-04-2011, 08:58 AM
So my weight didn't budge this week. =/

Dunno why, since I exercised harder than I have in a long while, and kept track of my calories.

But oh well, another week another chance!

iamerican
07-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Good morning. Just weighed in. 244.6. I have major cramps. GAH! Gotta get my butt out of bed and do 30DS day 12.

LaCatrina
07-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Kurisitaru – Congratulations!! Those pounds are Shredding away!!

Lagorditadecolorado – Way to go!!

Skinnychicagogirl – Yoga rocks. A few years back I practiced consistently, and I loved the feel of every session. I love Baron Baptiste Dvds

TheBunneh – I too am a bit unhappy about my results, but hormones are to blame. I’ll just drink my water and carry on expecting the best for next week

Thanks for the encouragement, ClaireBear!! I’m right at 154.8, so TOM is hanging here with only .4 of a pound!! I usually retain more water – like you said, the usual 4-5 pounds, so it’s not as bad as other months

So my stats are:
SW – 154.4
CW – 154.8 (+0.4#)
GW – 140 (for now)

Big hi5 for everybody, and let's keep on losing more pounds!!

ClaireBear92
07-04-2011, 12:00 PM
COME ON LADIES! weigh in is today and i dont even have half of the girls weights. we're going to have to postpone team challenges if so many people forget to weigh in. i still need weight from....

Thing1
betbabe
melni
Live Laugh Love
mayness
elizabethyellow
diyana
sewhappy
doc2b
justjen78
xxALICIAxx

sewhappy
07-04-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm here! SW: 142.6
CW: 141.3 down 1.3 this week

diyana
07-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi ClaireBear! I'm here. Sorry for the late weigh in. We had company in from out of town.

SW: 238.6
CW: 233 (down 2.6 from last week)
GW: 213 (by Sept. 20)

melni
07-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Woot! I had a major woosh this morning.
SW: 239
CW: 233
Down 4 lbs this week.

Congrats everyone!

ClaireBear92
07-04-2011, 01:33 PM
sewhappy, diyana, and melni thank you girls so much for weighing in, even though it's a holiday and great job! you all lost weight this week and are one step closer to your goals!

melni we are the exact same weight now!

12 girls have weighed in...8more ladies to go!

melni
07-04-2011, 02:41 PM
ClaireBear, that's awesome! It's great to have someone else around the same weight to talk to!

For everyone celebrating 4th of July, I hope you all have an awesome day! I know for me, there's definitely going to be some temptations tonight, but I'll just keep plugging away. Eating not-so-good food today just isn't worth it.

LaCatrina
07-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Congratulations to all the big losers!!! Losing in spite of those 4th of July barbecues is an even bigger victory!!! :cloud9:

xxALICIAxx
07-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Sorry ClaireBear, I didn't think I was supposed to report a weight yesterday seeing as I just joined on Friday. I guess I should have skipped eating at the family BBQ yesterday! :( Well, I was 191 Friday.. Today was 191.5! I started doing the 30DS, Wow It's hard. I usually do walking/jogging for at least an hour a day sometimes 2. But I could barely keep up with those 30 minutes with Jillian!

Next week will be better!!!

:bravo:GOOD JOB LADIES!!

ClaireBear92
07-04-2011, 04:16 PM
xxALICIAxx dont worry about it girly! fluctuating .5 is never something you should stress about. =]]]

doc2b
07-04-2011, 06:13 PM
203.0 :( DANG THE HOLIDAY! Welp off to finish celebrating the 2 year ANNIVERSARY!!

skinnychicagogirl
07-04-2011, 07:37 PM
HUGE congrats to the ladies who lost this week - that's amazing!!! WAHOO!!!

iamerican
07-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Congrats to everyone who lost this week! Whoop! Lets keep it up ladies! (I am assuming we are all ladies, but if there are any fellas in the challenge-keep it up too) Thanks ClaireBear for the motivation!

elizabethyellow
07-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Claire, is it possible to change my starting weight and weight from last week? Apparently the scale I had been using was broken and was giving me lower numbers :|

SW: 157
Last week's CW: 155

This week's weight: 153

LaCatrina
07-05-2011, 10:16 AM
I managed to get my workout in yesterday!! Yaaaay!!! It was late - 10:30ish pm - but I did it!!

I ate according to plan, and I feel as if all the swelling due to TOM is finally subsiding (sp?)

Later today I'll be doing circuit training with clubbells with my husband. Have a wonderful day ladies!! (and lads, if any :P)

TheBunneh
07-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Hey guys!

Yesterday was an icky day, I just felt horrible. Hubby and I went to the Zoo in the morning but I felt sick and came home early. He went back without me and at least got to see the bird show though, so I didn't completely ruin it. I'm starting a new medication and I think my body is still adjusting, cause, blech. I also worked out on Sunday instead of taking a rest day like usual, which may have had something to do with it. I need to be careful not to burn out. But yesterday turned into a rest day so it should be all good now! =)

LaCatrina Great job on working out! Glad your swelling is going away.

Congrats to everyone who lost last week!

elizabethyellow
07-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Good morning ladies! I did some yoga yesterday, a video that I used to do with ease. Turns out what they say is true: if you don't use it, you'll lose it! I am SO out of shape :| I was huffing and puffing and just am not as flexible as I once was! I'm hoping to do this tape a few more times and hopefully get back to where I once was before I start Jillian Michaels... I guess that's gonna be even harder than I thought! YIKES!

LaCatrina
07-05-2011, 12:35 PM
TheBunneh – I’m sorry to hear you were feeling so ill :hug: I too had issues adjusting to different medications – I have several allergies, so I didn’t get to feel good until my doc figured out the which stuff was better for me. Definitely not fun. Hope you feel better soon, and great work on getting that workout in even though you weren’t feeling great :high:

Elizabethyellow – I hear ya!! I stopped working out altogether for about a year, and when I tried to get back on track I literally wanted to die. I remember cursing at the TV while doing the Shred :rofl:

ClaireBear92
07-05-2011, 01:15 PM
new Thread For Week 3! If You See Ladies Still Posting On This Thread...please Let Them Know.