Old 06-27-2011, 03:28 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly Chat June 27th-July3rd-

Good morning everyone from a humid sticky and didn't I mention awfully hot UK? It won't last though... all I ask is that we have fine weather for the second week of Wimbledon.

1lb loss for me last week so I'm pleased
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:23 AM   #2  

morning jojo. Congrats on your loss. Wish I could say the same.

Going shopping to Knoxville today. We are getting an early start. Enjoying my coffee and then have hop in the shower. Hope everyone has a great week.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Looks like a beautiful day,so after my post i heading down to the beach and start my walking for the week,as Sat & Sun I rest.

Really nothing to report except I didn't meet my both friends yesterday as I planned. The movie buddy cancelled and will meet me on Wed for the Super 8 movie,as it wasn't playing at our local theater even though the computer said it was. My walking friend didn't call and I didn't want to disturb her just in case she as sleeping.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages.Congrats on your 1 lb loss,hope that your humid weather breaks as you guys are used to that like we are.

PAM-Have a great time in Knoxville,is it going to be a shopping day??or just a day out of town???

Have to go, will be back later
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Hi there. I got up early this morning, dusted myself off (eatingwise), watered plants, and mowed the yard. Now I'm inside most likely for a siesta. I completely understand the thinking behind those. It's H O T outside now.

JoJo, congrats on being down another pound. You're losing at a very good, steady pace.

Pam, how far are you from Knoxville?

Maryann, enjoy your day. A movie inside sounds good to me. I was thinking about calling my movie buddy, but I have decided to sleep in the recliner in front of the television instead.

Rhonda, I guess you're enjoying your time in Toronto.

I had ham/beans/cornbread for lunch. Not sure yet what to have for dinner. I'll figure that out later. Don't think I'm going to have to worry about starving even though I'm procrastinating going for groceries.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Maryann..My son and I are going to see Super 8 in the next few evenings

Lots done today..The Handy Man Ministry guy came today to take a look at
the house repairs I need done. They are going to help with some plumbing,
broken outside spigots, rotten trim, rotten deck boards and some steps that the shed needs. I am feeling like we will have the house looking pretty good by spring with a lot of people helping with different things.

I realized that Robin's truck had an expired registration and here in NC you have to get your inspection before the registration. I took it this evening and it failed because of a leaking manifold on the passenger side. (maybe that is why I always got sleepy when we traveled in the truck )
So a simple errand just got harder..don't you hate that..I'll call about getting it fixed tomorrow.

Enjoyed going out to eat with my son tonight and then to walmart. I am looking for a Bissel Featherweight Sweeper that has good reviews & is only
$20 to use on the hardwood floors . Then I can leave the heavy vacuum upstairs most of the time.

Feeling a lot better . It has been 3 months now.. I am spending less time thinking about his illness & death and more time thinking about all the good times we had.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Back from Toronto. I don't want to get on the scales! Oh well

Headed to the gym early, I'm sure

Nancy, I'm glad to hear that you're able to put the disease behind you a bit. I had a hard time with that.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:06 AM   #7  
hopeless but harmless

I doubt I'll lose any weight next week Sandra It's tradition that we have strawberries and cream on ladies (Saturday) and mens (SUnday) finals at Wimbledon.

I have a Bissel Featherweight Sweeper Nancy Worth its weight in gold.

Did you have a good time Pam

Whilst I'm not a fan of the monarchy, I do think the press is being a bit hard on young Kate Middleton (as was) They are on and on about her losing weight, and to be fair she does look very thin but we don't want to go down the Diana route again. Just leave her alone to settle in to her new life and she will be fine. Before she came along, the royals popularity was very low, but she has been like a breath of fresh air and is dragging them kicking and screaming into the 20th century and then, hopefully, into the 21st.

Weather a bit fresher today, we are moving stuff into our garage, which is some way from the house so its old clothes and lots of water
Old 06-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to a big day of errands with more this week.

Nancy, you sound like you are doing as well as can be expected. I heard the featherweight was hard to find. Neither Walmart or Target seem to carry it. My go to place is Amazon. No sales tax....usually and the same with shipping depending on where you live and how much you spend. They have it for $24.99. http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-Feathe...9263029&sr=8-1

Gotta run. Brodie has an appointment.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Cloudy this AM and the humidity is going to break for the day and high in the 70's do its going to great being outdoors. Than tomorrow it go to be humid again glad I will be going to the movie and keep cool in the an A/C theater.

Have to make an appointment with my Orthopedic my finger on my left hand when I bend it doesn't come back on its own, I have to open & straighten it out. Does any one have the same problem???? I'm wearing a finger sprint to keep in immobile. My friends tell me it arthritis,but when I unfold it I can feel bone on bone.

SANDRA-Thanks,Love going to the movies when the temps ore high, along with the humidity.Otherwise I like walking and staying outdoors. Looking forward to see Super 8 as I heard good things about it.

NANCY-Oh what I hear we are going to enjoy this film. I don't blame you for getting a like weight vacuum cleaner. I didn't the the featherweight bissel but I got a light weight unknown brand called Simplicity.I feel as we age I think the better it is to make life easier is having appliances that work for you and not you from them. Have fun at the movies.

JOJO-I have a thing with the media of all kinds. They just don't know how to be tactic when talking to any kind of people. The always take things out of contract . Katey Middleton is not heavy,whats wrong with these people???

VICKIE= have a great day,but stop and that a breather once in a while.

Have to go,have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:44 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Hi there. Just got off the phone with a local newspaper reporter. He wanted information on the National Senior Games. Did ya'll know I'm famous--in my tiny little circle?

My eating is back on track. I took a hiatus the week before the tournament and am just now getting back on board.

Nancy, it sounds to me like you're an amazingly strong woman. I admire you very much.

JoJo, I agree with you that the media should leave her alone. I love Wimbledon. So does my son. I had wanted to give him tickets to attend when he graduated but I wasn't able to afford them. He reminds me every now and then, but he understands why it didn't happen. He was a Jimmie Connors fan and I was a John McEnroe. We used to get a lot of enjoyment watching those guys play. I never had the strawberries and cream but would envy those who did. I love traditions!

Rhonda, it's good to see you back here.

Maryann, we're in triple digits with high humidity. Heat index 104*. I hear Montana hasn't seen the 90's yet this year. Why did we leave?

Vickie, it's good seeing you here, too. I'm an Amazon fan, too. What did you decide about Jenny?

Got to go. I think I'll make a smoothie or something. Or maybe just take a nap.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie View Post
I heard the featherweight was hard to find. Neither Walmart or Target seem to carry it. My go to place is Amazon. No sales tax....usually and the same with shipping depending on where you live and how much you spend. They have it for $24.99.
Today while running errands I looked at target & walmart.
These products are so confusing ..Walmart had a 3 in 1 which looked like the
featherweight but it was $58
I got home and searched & compared on the Bissell site and the 3 in 1 looks like the same specs as the featherweight except a larger motor. I just ordered it for $ 15 off the Walmart Online site. They had 5 great colors to choose from but the silver was
$19. If it works (like the reveiws indicate) to help with the dog hair on hardwoods it will be a great help. My clunker is great upstairs on he carpets but I HATE dragging it down the stairs & when using attachments (it falls over & is hard to manage) The dog hair takes over because I dread dealing with that vac.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:35 AM   #12  
hopeless but harmless

I was a Jimmy Connors fan too Sandra! Johnny Mac is very popular over here. When he is introduced to the crowds at presentations etc they go wild. I love my tennis. My mum and dad played everyday so it must be in the blood.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! We are having insulation blown in to our house as we were grossly under insulated and ventilated. This is the work we are having done because of the blizzard last winter. My eating is not so good but not horrible either.

I'm just doing the best I can as I know you all are too. Life should calm down soon, right?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I don't think I'll know how to act if life calms down. Glad you're hanging in there. Yes, that's what I'm doing as well. I weighed this morning and had gained 6 lbs since last weighing about a month ago. Life goes on. And goes on hectically. What about your pool? Are you getting to use it much this season? I'm waiting on a return call from a local fitness center. I may start back doing water exercises. Wish they'd hurry and call.

JoJo, I took tennis in college back in the 70's. First night I hit a ball over that high high fence. Got an A in the class, though, but that was mainly because of improvement not ability. My son is/was a good tennis player. He's won a few awards (locally). He was to go to a tennis camp summer before his senior year in high school but suffered heat exhaustion and went to the hospital instead the week prior. He still loves to play and has a dentist friend who has home courts. They play together some.

Nancy, glad you're getting your new vacuum cleaner. Sounds like you got a good deal.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey ladies i hope your all doing well and enjoying the summer?

I am back from london i had a sneak peak this morning and it is saying iv put on again arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i weigh tonight i hope its not true il be very upset. xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote