Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat June 27th-July3rd-

View Full Version : Weekly Chat June 27th-July3rd-

jojo23
06-27-2011, 04:28 AM
Good morning everyone from a humid sticky and didn't I mention awfully hot UK? It won't last though... all I ask is that we have fine weather for the second week of Wimbledon.

1lb loss for me last week so I'm pleased

pam920
06-27-2011, 08:23 AM
morning jojo. Congrats on your loss. Wish I could say the same.

Going shopping to Knoxville today. We are getting an early start. Enjoying my coffee and then have hop in the shower. Hope everyone has a great week.

beach bum
06-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Looks like a beautiful day,so after my post i heading down to the beach and start my walking for the week,as Sat & Sun I rest.

Really nothing to report except I didn't meet my both friends yesterday as I planned. The movie buddy cancelled and will meet me on Wed for the Super 8 movie,as it wasn't playing at our local theater even though the computer said it was. My walking friend didn't call and I didn't want to disturb her just in case she as sleeping.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages.Congrats on your 1 lb loss,hope that your humid weather breaks as you guys are used to that like we are.

PAM-Have a great time in Knoxville,is it going to be a shopping day??or just a day out of town???

Have to go, will be back later

ontarget
06-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi there. I got up early this morning, dusted myself off (eatingwise), watered plants, and mowed the yard. Now I'm inside most likely for a siesta. I completely understand the thinking behind those. It's H O T outside now.

JoJo, congrats on being down another pound. You're losing at a very good, steady pace.

Pam, how far are you from Knoxville?

Maryann, enjoy your day. A movie inside sounds good to me. I was thinking about calling my movie buddy, but I have decided to sleep in the recliner in front of the television instead.

Rhonda, I guess you're enjoying your time in Toronto.

I had ham/beans/cornbread for lunch. Not sure yet what to have for dinner. I'll figure that out later. Don't think I'm going to have to worry about starving even though I'm procrastinating going for groceries. :lol:

nancy237
06-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Maryann..My son and I are going to see Super 8 in the next few evenings

Lots done today..The Handy Man Ministry guy came today to take a look at
the house repairs I need done. They are going to help with some plumbing,
broken outside spigots, rotten trim, rotten deck boards and some steps that the shed needs. I am feeling like we will have the house looking pretty good by spring with a lot of people helping with different things.

I realized that Robin's truck had an expired registration and here in NC you have to get your inspection before the registration. I took it this evening and it failed because of a leaking manifold on the passenger side. (maybe that is why I always got sleepy when we traveled in the truck ;) )
So a simple errand just got harder..don't you hate that..I'll call about getting it fixed tomorrow.

Enjoyed going out to eat with my son tonight and then to walmart. I am looking for a Bissel Featherweight Sweeper that has good reviews & is only
$20 to use on the hardwood floors . Then I can leave the heavy vacuum upstairs most of the time.

Feeling a lot better . It has been 3 months now.. I am spending less time thinking about his illness & death and more time thinking about all the good times we had.

Tejas
06-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Back from Toronto. I don't want to get on the scales! Oh well :shrug:

Headed to the gym early, I'm sure :lol:

Nancy, I'm glad to hear that you're able to put the disease behind you a bit. I had a hard time with that.

jojo23
06-28-2011, 05:06 AM
I doubt I'll lose any weight next week Sandra It's tradition that we have strawberries and cream on ladies (Saturday) and mens (SUnday) finals at Wimbledon.

I have a Bissel Featherweight Sweeper Nancy Worth its weight in gold.

Did you have a good time Pam

Whilst I'm not a fan of the monarchy, I do think the press is being a bit hard on young Kate Middleton (as was) They are on and on about her losing weight, and to be fair she does look very thin but we don't want to go down the Diana route again. Just leave her alone to settle in to her new life and she will be fine. Before she came along, the royals popularity was very low, but she has been like a breath of fresh air and is dragging them kicking and screaming into the 20th century and then, hopefully, into the 21st.

Weather a bit fresher today, we are moving stuff into our garage, which is some way from the house so its old clothes and lots of water

Vickie
06-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to a big day of errands with more this week.

Nancy, you sound like you are doing as well as can be expected. I heard the featherweight was hard to find. Neither Walmart or Target seem to carry it. My go to place is Amazon. No sales tax....usually and the same with shipping depending on where you live and how much you spend. They have it for $24.99. http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-FeatherWeight-Vacuum-Bagless-3106B/dp/B002X5RZAI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=appliances&qid=1309263029&sr=8-1

Gotta run. Brodie has an appointment.

beach bum
06-28-2011, 10:30 AM

Cloudy this AM and the humidity is going to break for the day and high in the 70's do its going to great being outdoors. Than tomorrow it go to be humid again glad I will be going to the movie and keep cool in the an A/C theater.

Have to make an appointment with my Orthopedic my finger on my left hand when I bend it doesn't come back on its own, I have to open & straighten it out. Does any one have the same problem???? I'm wearing a finger sprint to keep in immobile. My friends tell me it arthritis,but when I unfold it I can feel bone on bone.

SANDRA-Thanks,Love going to the movies when the temps ore high, along with the humidity.Otherwise I like walking and staying outdoors. Looking forward to see Super 8 as I heard good things about it.

NANCY-Oh what I hear we are going to enjoy this film. I don't blame you for getting a like weight vacuum cleaner. I didn't the the featherweight bissel but I got a light weight unknown brand called Simplicity.I feel as we age I think the better it is to make life easier is having appliances that work for you and not you from them. Have fun at the movies.

JOJO-I have a thing with the media of all kinds. They just don't know how to be tactic when talking to any kind of people. The always take things out of contract . Katey Middleton is not heavy,whats wrong with these people???

VICKIE=:wave: have a great day,but stop and that a breather once in a while.

Have to go,have a great day

ontarget
06-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi there. Just got off the phone with a local newspaper reporter. He wanted information on the National Senior Games. Did ya'll know I'm famous--in my tiny little circle? :lol:

My eating is back on track. I took a hiatus the week before the tournament and am just now getting back on board.

Nancy, it sounds to me like you're an amazingly strong woman. I admire you very much.

JoJo, I agree with you that the media should leave her alone. I love Wimbledon. So does my son. I had wanted to give him tickets to attend when he graduated but I wasn't able to afford them. He reminds me every now and then, but he understands why it didn't happen. He was a Jimmie Connors fan and I was a John McEnroe. We used to get a lot of enjoyment watching those guys play. I never had the strawberries and cream but would envy those who did. I love traditions!

Rhonda, it's good to see you back here.

Maryann, we're in triple digits with high humidity. Heat index 104*. I hear Montana hasn't seen the 90's yet this year. Why did we leave?

Vickie, it's good seeing you here, too. I'm an Amazon fan, too. What did you decide about Jenny?

Got to go. I think I'll make a smoothie or something. Or maybe just take a nap.

nancy237
06-28-2011, 07:36 PM
I heard the featherweight was hard to find. Neither Walmart or Target seem to carry it. My go to place is Amazon. No sales tax....usually and the same with shipping depending on where you live and how much you spend. They have it for $24.99.

Today while running errands I looked at target & walmart.
These products are so confusing ..Walmart had a 3 in 1 which looked like the
featherweight but it was $58
I got home and searched & compared on the Bissell site and the 3 in 1 looks like the same specs as the featherweight except a larger motor. I just ordered it for $ 15 off the Walmart Online site. They had 5 great colors to choose from but the silver was
$19. If it works (like the reveiws indicate) to help with the dog hair on hardwoods it will be a great help. My clunker is great upstairs on he carpets but I HATE dragging it down the stairs & when using attachments (it falls over & is hard to manage) The dog hair takes over because I dread dealing with that vac.

jojo23
06-29-2011, 03:35 AM
I was a Jimmy Connors fan too Sandra! Johnny Mac is very popular over here. When he is introduced to the crowds at presentations etc they go wild. I love my tennis. My mum and dad played everyday so it must be in the blood.

Vickie
06-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Good Morning Chicks! We are having insulation blown in to our house as we were grossly under insulated and ventilated. This is the work we are having done because of the blizzard last winter. My eating is not so good but not horrible either.

I'm just doing the best I can as I know you all are too. Life should calm down soon, right?

ontarget
06-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Vickie, I don't think I'll know how to act if life calms down. :lol: Glad you're hanging in there. Yes, that's what I'm doing as well. I weighed this morning and had gained 6 lbs since last weighing about a month ago. Life goes on. And goes on hectically. What about your pool? Are you getting to use it much this season? I'm waiting on a return call from a local fitness center. I may start back doing water exercises. Wish they'd hurry and call.

JoJo, I took tennis in college back in the 70's. First night I hit a ball over that high high fence. Got an A in the class, though, but that was mainly because of improvement not ability. My son is/was a good tennis player. He's won a few awards (locally). He was to go to a tennis camp summer before his senior year in high school but suffered heat exhaustion and went to the hospital instead the week prior. He still loves to play and has a dentist friend who has home courts. They play together some.

Nancy, glad you're getting your new vacuum cleaner. Sounds like you got a good deal.

ems81wales
06-30-2011, 06:49 AM
hey ladies i hope your all doing well and enjoying the summer?

I am back from london i had a sneak peak this morning and it is saying iv put on again arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i weigh tonight i hope its not true il be very upset. xxx

pam920
06-30-2011, 08:43 AM
morning all. Things have been busy here. I need to get serious about my diet. My dr. wants me to lose 6 lbs by Sept. I haven't gained, but I haven't lost either.

ems, you will be fine.

I'm concerned about my husband. He was vomiting black yesterday. He had that stent removed. I called his dr. but he said it had nothing to do with the kidney. He might have a bleeding ulcer. He said he feels better today.

Have a great day.

blessedwithsarah
06-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Good morning ladies. I gained .6 yesterday - I'm OK with that as it was TOM over the weekend. I also had a couple days where I failed to track anything. I'm back tracking everything now. My goal is to do this all weekend - even on Sunday when I have a cookout at my house. I am planning on a big green salad and a fruit salad. That will give me enough 0 point foods to graze on. Then I will also figure out food and drinks as best I can BEFORE hand. I think that may be a good strategy to start with. At least there is just one day of partying this weekend. Should be quiet the rest of the weekend.

Pam, I hope DH is OK. Is he going into see the DR?

Nancy, glad the church is helping out. I love the name -- Handyman Minstry. I need to mention that to some folks at our church, what a great way to help.

I do have some exciting news to share -- I think we bought a beach cottage in Maine. We just had the inspection this week and have a couple of things to negotiate on, then we should be setting a closing date. We are all excited as its right at the beach we love to go to - and its across the street from the beach! Its small, only about 600 sq feet, but there is just the 3 of us and our dog, its a condo cottage so we don't have to worry about the grounds. Hopefully nothing will get in the way to wrapping this up!

Have a good day!

Tejas
06-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Pam, I hope your DH is at the MDs today. Vomiting blood is not good, as you know.

Ems, a holiday simply requires a small gain :lol:

Paula, here's hoping it all goes well. I lived for over 20 years in a house that had 800 square feet...with a partner and two big dogs. There was also a 3 year period that included a troubled teen in the house. Enjoy your cottage!

ems81wales
06-30-2011, 11:12 AM
i werent to bad on the holiday i tracked all the bad things and i was good sun-now so should be ok but we will soon see what there scales say xxx

beach bum
06-30-2011, 11:40 AM

Sorry I was MIA yesterday,not feeling well,with my left & right hand. I don't know why my right hand fingers are burning on the tips like the left had did earlier this year. I guess it back to the orthopedic doctor again. I'm thinking is just arthritis but my sisters thinking it could be the start of diabetes. WAS SHE RIGHT ???????

SANDRA-How do you live in a climate like that. My DD did ask why I live in a wet humid area I should live in dry heat, but I told her I don't like the heat either.

Sorry a can't post to all as my fingers are really bothering me.Hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July weekend.

ontarget
06-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Ems, I hope you get good news on the scales tonight. Just remember, though, that they reflect just a portion of how you're doing. I'm sure your eating habits are a lot healthier than they used to be. I know mine are. I used to go to TOPS. They had a lot of cute little songs. One of them was to the tune of "The Battle Hymn of Republic." Are you familiar with the chorus? "Glory, Glory Hallelujah, His truth is marching on...." Anyway, the TOPS version was something like, "Oh, the drama in the weight room. When we're losing, it's a great room. When we gain it is a debate room......And the scales keep moving on......" Something like that. I remember the first time I heard it. I laughed till I cried.

Pam, what did dh find out at the doctor's? That sounds scarey.

Paula, I hope all goes well with your beach home. You'll get a lot of enjoyment out of having it.

Rhonda, there is a rule somewhere about gaining on vacation. I think I saw it on a billboard. (or should have)

Maryann, I really love living here. Guess I just lke to fuss every now and then. I think every place has its positives and negatives. Plus, Texas has our grandkids.

We went fishing this morning on a local lake. We each caught a bass then released them. Tomorrow morning I'm going to a local pool to workout with a gf. Life is good!

Tejas
07-01-2011, 12:56 AM
I KNOW there is a rule about gaining on a holiday. I put on 4 pounds in Toronto, but I expect it to be gone soon. If it's not, I'll change my ticker.

Texas has been declared a national disaster area because of the drought. Of course, that is not so unusual for here. But, we did escape it last summer. It's just very hot, very early. And, the problem is that is doesn't get cool at night in these situations.

How's this: one of our AC compressors went out on Sunday and we are being told it can't be fixed until next Thursday. Tonight, I emailed our real estate agent who recommended the company we dealt with it, and she was on it in about 5 minutes. We'll see what tomorrow brings. It's 85 in part of the house. At least the bedroom wing is OK.

My father was an electrical contractor. He would never have let anyone go without AC. He would driven miles at his own expense to get whatever compressor or part that was needed. THAT I know for sure.

pam920
07-01-2011, 10:19 AM
morning.

Rhonda, things were a lot different back in the day. I agree. I even remember our dr. coming to the house to see us when we were sick. I don't ever remember going to his office. Hope you see relief today. I know how it is without AC in this heat.

Maryann, you really need to see the dr. about your hands. My husband had the same problem and I believe it might be related to his diabetes.

Paula, your cottage sounds so nice. Our first house was only 600 sq.ft. Felt huge to us, after living in a tiny apt.

ems, how did the WI go? I bet not as bad as you imagined.

Sandra, great catch, lol. Are you doing water aerobics?

Hubby passed a kidney stone. He is in pain, off and on, so I think he's trying to pass the stones that they busted up in his kidney. He has stopped vomiting, but he really needs to see our primary dr. to have it checked out.

I'm going to see my newest grandson and spend the night on Saturday. Then on Tuesday, I'm going with my daughter for a quick trip to Michigan. We are taking my grandson there. He wants to finish his senior year there, instead of Ky. Same HS I graduated from.

jojo, I played a little tennis years and years ago. Not very good at it.

Vickie, how is your sister doing?

beach bum
07-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Hi Ladies:)

Nothing new, Its going to be quite 4 of July weekend for me,as every one has the families here and are spending time with them,but I'm going to have a vacation with my DD who is taking me up to Maine and the other new England states at the end of this month. So I really looking forward to that.

SANDRA-I feel the same about Cape Cod, I would NEVER move back to New York even if my DG children are there. My DD told me the other day that one of my twin GD doesn't want to spend time with her father she rather go out with her friend. So it just a matter of time where the Gkids will have a life of there own and won't want to be with the old people.

PAM-I have an appointment with my doctor on July 12. for my other hand . Hopefully it has some thing to do with my neck than diabetes. I don't want the latter. Hands are stuff and hurting this morning and I don't want to go out driving if I don't feel I have control with the stirring wheel.

Have a great day

Tejas
07-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Ah Ha!

Sometimes the best man for the job is a woman!!! The company we have been dealing with is installing the compressor today. My real estate woman is a wonder; that's why she's the best selling agent in the county and beyond!

If all goes well, we will have a much cooler weekend than we thought.

ems81wales
07-02-2011, 12:23 PM
hey girls i lost the hald a lb i put on last week so i was happy with that :d I have 4 weeks to loose 5lbs i do not know how i am going to do this i increased my exercise as i need to tone my bum up abit ready for my birthday party as it is fancy dress. my goal for my 30th birthday was 154 and i am 159 atm i need to get this 5lbs off xxx

ontarget
07-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Rhonda, :woohoo: on getting a/c working. What a woman!!

Ems, ;) ;) ;) for losing those 5 pounds in time for your special day.

I made a chicken salad this morning. It's loaded with veggies and is in the fridge waiting on us to dig in.

nancy237
07-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Rough day ...
All week I have been doing great and coping wonderfully with
challenges..Then today I am a wreck Just yesterday I felt
I was doing well with the house..Today it seems unsurmountable.

A lady just called me from church that took care of her husband with ms for
20 years.. He was in a nursing home for 11 of those years . He passed away
a few years ago. Her kids entire childhoods were spent taking care of an ill father. That reminds me to be thankful for the wonderful years Robin & I had.

Tejas
07-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Nancy, that's just the way it is. One day is good, the next is seemingly not worth living. Then, you will have more good ones, and fewer of the awful ones. It's great that you have some reminders of what to be thankful for.

I don't know who said this, but: If you have only one prayer, let it be "thank you." I love that.

nancy237
07-03-2011, 02:25 AM
I need input about my weight.. I really need simple right now..
Do you think I would lose weigh doing this

Breakfast
either oatmeal with nuts & apples (300 cal)
or a 300 calorie egg meal

Lunch
a smoothie with protein & fiber & fruit (300 cal)

Dinner
a healthy dinner of lean protein & veggies

Then I plan to substitute the lunch when I want to with 300 calorie choices
if i am out running around..

I need to figure a few snacks in ?? Simple & portable ??

Tejas
07-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Nancy, the only advice I have is to go to Mayo Clinic website and figure out what you need to sustain your body, then take 500 calories away from that daily. I think that they also have a way to figure what you need to eat IF you are trying to lose.

I've read that some people believe that it is too shocking for the body to decrease 500 calories immediately, so you have to ease into it.

I consulted a nutritionist who has told me to eat more calories, but I move a lot. She said that we all need to increase our vegetable intake, so more salad is on my plate.

My trainer is among those who says that the scale is useless, go by how your clothes feel, or take only one measurement--the waist-- and let that be your guide. If it diminishes, good; if not, cut more calories and/or increase exercise.

beach bum
07-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Went to see the Larry Crowne movie with Tom Hanks & Julia Roberts with my friend Mary, gave it a 7 rating. went to 99 restaurant after the movies.

Looks like it going to rain in minute now,decided not to go to the Strawberry Festival[5/7PM] its too close to the fireworks time,and the streets will be packed,as the police won't allow anyone on the streets at 6PM.

Called my friends and told them its going to be too hard getting through those crowds of people and their cars. So my 4th will be quite also.

RHONDA-I agree woman can be just a good as a man or even better, Glad you have a friend that can help with things around the house.

NANCY-I had a mass for my DH this morning and today was a up day for me having my friends around in the choir. I have down days but like Rhonda said they less and less. Just have faith and that will get you though.Count your blessing always,you'll find others have it it harder than you did. And for the diet I try to keep to a 300 or less calorie meal[1200] at day also. Fiber one bars or brownies are small to carry in your handbag of pocket. SB has meal replacement bars are are good also. Wheat Thins and String Cheese,[170c]Bag of Chocolate-Covered Pretzels[130c]small box of raisins[130c]Babybel Light Cheese[ 50 c] per piece are some of the ones I use. Hope that helps.

Have a great day

jojo23
07-04-2011, 07:56 AM
New pages up and running