Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team Summer Meltdown Chat Week 5 (06/27-07/03)

Bigmid
06-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Hi everyone great job with WI tonight we did great

Huge Congratulations to our Biggest Losers this week:

Biggest Loser:
PageLynn, -3.8lbs, -2.07%:bravo:

Honorable Mentions:
Beck, -3.2lbs, -1.51%:flame:
KayakGirl, -2.6lbs, -1.28%:cheer3:
ILRPinkGirl, -5lbs, -2.24%:carrot:

Beck you are so consistant what is your secret.....please share

I was aiming for the list again this week but missed it by .03%.....LOL awesome job everyone.

Sad news we lost 2 more to elimination and we had 6 more Freebies used only 1 being planned.

Bigmid
06-26-2011, 11:39 PM
So I have to finish getting my stuff ready to go to my Neices grad tomorrow, we are leaving early so I may not get results posted until Tue as I may be to busy in the morning to sign on and I won't have Red team results until then.

I will be home late so may only do a quick hello from the phone tomorrow.

I will be back posting on Tue and I will reply to the comments from that last 2 days then.

PS if the weather is nice I will be wearing the dress.....I may even post a picture for you to judge.

Have a great night and a great day tomorrow.....once again awesome job everyone.

Somni
06-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Wooo! Congrats PageLynn, Beck, KayakGal, ILRPinkGirl, and all our losers this week! And kudos to everyone still here, sticking with it.

Have a great time at your niece's grad Bigmid. Pictures would be awesome to see!

dream710
06-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Congrats PageLynn, Beck, Kayak, and ILR, you guys are doing great!

Bigmid- Enjoy graduation!

I'm off to get my exercise in for the day. I was planning on running but my back is really sore, so I guess the bike it is. Everyone have a good day.

Bigmid
06-27-2011, 10:52 AM
WOOHOO!!!!!!!! BLUE TEAM WON THIS WEEKS WI

Great job everyone.

Just a quick post got to get on the road.

Scale says I gained 1.6lbs from yesterday:( eating was spot on. I hope it's not true.......makes me really want to wear a tight dress now....stupid scale, correction....stupid me for getting on the stupid scale:)

dream710
06-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Congrats Page on being overall biggest loser!!! :carrot: And way to go BLUE for winning week 4.

I agree with Bigmid...STUPID SCALE!! Every time I step on the darn thing I get frustruated. I normally weigh myself each day, but this week I'm only going to weigh in twice (already did it today) and Saturday for my weigh in. I'm going to focus on non scale goals this week.

Matilda08
06-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Hello team! overall I havent been doing so well during this challenge my weight has been on a roller coaster for almost a year but its mainly my fault I originally entered the 220s in sept 2010 and have made little progress in shedding lbs. I have been losing inches not much weight though and Im sure that is due to my consistant workout schedule! I want to make onderland SO BAD during this challenge.

Soon2BFitChick
06-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Hi Blue team.. did yall get to read my rambling post from the other day? I guess its on last weeks thread? That sucker was long huh! LOL! Guess I had a lot say then. :)

Been working alot so haven't been able to be here every day like I used to get to do. But I come when I can. Hugs to everyone.. :hug:

Selina

Beck
06-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Beck you are so consistant what is your secret.....please share

I'm sticking to about 1200 calories a day (+ or - 100 cal), eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies (especially blackberries and blueberries), very little refined grains and sugars, no meat (only eat fish), and a yogurt and salad every day. I also have an Amy's Kitchen meal (organic, vegetarian) almost every day; it helps to keep me on track when my family is eating a more carb/caloric-heavy meal.

I was exercising regularly until this past week when I hurt my knee, so I've been going easy on it with just a little walking (20 minutes today, for example). I've got to get it checked out so I can get back on track. I was doing Couch to 5k, and I really want to succeed- even if only once!

I'm so enjoying the changes in how I look and feel that I've been able to maintain this laser-like focus on my goal. I really feel like I've flipped a switch in this brain of mine and have broken the food addiction that I suffered from these past years.

My birthday is mid-July and I really want to get to Onederland by then. I'll be extra active with the kids, so I think I can do it, but in the past 3 weeks my loss has been 3.6, 3.4, and 3.2. If I'm going to hit that goal and can't keep losing that 1/5lb loss each week. My birthday gift to myself will be a 3hr. sea kayak tour. I can finally get in one of those little boats without embarrassment! When I reach my final goal I'm considering buying a kayak for myself; I've wanted one for so long.

Congrats on everyone's losses this week and on the Blue Team win! :carrot:

I hope everyone has a great weight-loss week.:cheer3:

SMSDREAMER2007
06-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Just popping in to say CONGRATS on winning last weeks challenge blue team!! Kepp up the AWESOME losses!

QuillysQuest
06-28-2011, 08:05 AM
Congratulations Blue team on another awesome victory this week! :)

:cheer3:YAY!!:cheer3:

And special congrats to PageLynn, Beck, KayakGal, and ILRPinkGirl! Way to go!!!

And everybody else who posted a loss, congrats on that too! Those who didn't, no worries, just keep going, it's a marathon, not a sprint. :)

Soon2Bfitgirl, I had to go back to last week's thread to read your post, I must have missed it before. I can't say that I know what it feels like to have people be more inclined to hang with me after weight loss yet, but I can imagine it. However, I would like to offer an alternative perspective to consider in regards to those who seem to value others on their size first.

While it seems quite obvious that people who don't accept obese people in their normal circle of friends are shallow and ignorant, it is sometimes helpful to take into account the effect that societal pressures have had on them as well. Though the obese people usually bear the brunt of the hits from societal views, thin people are also always comparing themselves and their opinions to the people around them just as much as we obese people are. So, when they experience the constant barrage of information from every media facet known to man telling them that obesity is this horrible, unacceptable thing, they believe it, just as many of us do. And in so doing, they may feel pressure to conform to the "accepted" attitude in society, lest they be singled out from the crowd and lumped in with the "unaccepted" people. Everyone does this, it's like an unconscious security measure.

Also because they are so convinced by these overwhelming views that obesity is akin to a disease like cancer or aids or whatever, their natural instinct may be to stay away from somebody who is "afflicted" with such a disease. They may know logically that they cannot "catch" it by being near a person, but still, there is often an unconscious fear of association with something they feel is deadly and bad. Even the people who berate us or condemn us are probably coming from a place of unconscious fear, rather than an honest dislike of the people we are or the body shapes we have.

I'm not saying that the way these people act is right or wrong or anything like that, I'm just saying that even as we have a set of beliefs about ourselves and our physical well being, so do they and what we feel as overt judgment from the thin people out there, may actually not be judgment but fear that is projected unconsciously as judgment.

Another possibility to consider is that in general, when something about somebody tends to bug us, more often than not, that thing that they do is something that we do as well on some level, that we don't like about ourselves either. For instance, I have a really hard time with my sister-in-law sometimes because she is bossy and presumptuous. But if I turn that around and look at my own behaviors, I can also see that in some ways, I do the same thing, and I don't like that about myself either. So, in regards to thin people versus overweight people... it could be that they see in us something that they don't like about themselves, and they are reacting to that when they are putting us down or not befriending us or whatever. /shrug Just a thought.

... Hmmm... I hope that made sense. :)

Anyway, I do appreciate the feelings you have toward those who treat you differently now. It does kinda suck that they can't see it in themselves.

So, this week I have been looking for a decent cookbook or recipes that will help me count my calories and so on. I've got a ton of diet cookbooks, but I really just want one that will give me a bunch of 400 calorie meals, etc. The problem is that because I am in Sweden, I can't get a lot of the products that are available so easily in the States, so when I'm looking at all these great recipes I've found, I have to discount most of them because I can't get some of the ingredients very easily, and I want to make this a lifestyle change, ya know?

Being American, I have always found that Swedes have an incredibly boring diet. They don't usually do side dishes at all, and they seem to have very limited choices in general. So, one of the things I complain to my American friends about has always been the food being boring here. LOL

Well, now this is probably just due to google translation, but I found it hilarious and I wanted to share it with you guys. I was browsing a Swedish bookstore site today, and I came across this book in the list:
http://www.shadowlair.net/pics/Misc/Swedish_cookbook.jpg

How funny is that?? :)

I think I'm going to send that to all my American friends just to prove that it's on purpose! LOL

Have a great week blue team! Let's crush 'em again next week! :)

Go Blue!!

Laura G
06-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Good morning everyone!
Congratulations to our biggest losers and to the whole team for wining this week's challenge.
I'm happy to report that I am back on track and have been OP for 3 days now.
This may be TMI, but I don't get my period hardly at all anymore (it was never regular to start with) but I still sometimes get the PMS symptoms - so I'm blaming last week's up and down (both emotionally and on the scale) on TOM. I'm looking forward to seeing the scale move in the right direction this week.

I just want to encourage everyone to stick with it and be patient and kind to yourself. Beating yourself up does nobody any good - living proof right here. We can do this, it is a marathon/life long journey of change, and even if the road is bumpy, the fantastic people on this website make great shock absorbers. I want to thank you all for being there when I desperately needed someone to lean on, and also thank you for all the encouragement and kind words.
Let's keep strong everyone, and make it over the finish line together, with our heads held high, and holding each other's hand!

abetterme
06-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey blue team,
Well last week, and even the beginning of this week, has been pretty stressful. I am having difficulty getting my 9 month old daughter to sleep. She wakes up a lot in the night. Out of desperation I wanted to try the ferber method and have her "cry it out" but with lack of support from my husband and the screams my daughter can belt out, I just can't go through with it. I am surprised that I lost weight last week considering I didn't work out that much and didn't eat totally healthy either. I guess it was because I didn't go over my calories for the day that week, and maybe because TOM finally showed up.
I am trying to just stay positive. I am trying to enjoy these little moments with my daughter since she's only little once. Even though it's exhausting, I know I'll miss her being a baby one day lol
I wish I had time to work out today but the washing machine repairmen are coming for the 5th time to hopefully finally fix it once and for all!
Anywhoo, I hope everyone has a wonderful day today. :)

Bigmid
06-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Hi sorry I haven't been on today I was really feeling tired and very uninsprired today. Only a few days left of my holidays and then back to work already:(

Selina - I did read your post and had a reply typed out and it's gone so I will come back with one again tomorrow.

The grad went great yesterday and I wore the dress.....felt a little uncomfortable in it but it's all I took with me. I have a couple pictures and if I figure out how to put them on here for you to see I will.

Well Im heading off to bed but will come back and chat tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone.

mumtoliam
06-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi everyone... I have had a great start to the week and I am full of optimism!!! I have lost 1.3kg this week, I finally have kicked the plateau...I am a bit worried though, I was snacking on almonds thinking they were a healthier snack option... but when I have tracked this... it isnt - ARGHHHH!!! I am sooo looking to Friday... its my birthday! and I start Winter vacation for 2 weeks! I have a first date on Sunday... I havent been on a date for 4 years!!! I tried on the smaller size and it nearly did up, so that is my new short term goal... to fit in the smaller size!!! Will be on more regularly next week... hope everyone feels as great as I do at the moment!!!

Soon2BFitChick
06-29-2011, 12:03 PM
No problem Bigmid! And thanks Quillys, I definitely get that. It's frustrating tho. :/ I know it's just how it is nowadays. Sometimes I wish I'd have lived when a size 16 was glorious! But I'd sure miss running water so probably would just stay here! LOL. (Not to mention that this is the best time to live as a women compared to ever before. So I'm loving this generation anyway!) :cheer3:

I've been doing 5 solid minutes of exercise in any form every day and charting it. With the kids home, even those are interrupted but if I finish 3, I just do 2 later and mark it down! Last night at 1am I did my minutes and 5 extra! Just working with my best friend who is preggo to keep a habit of doing it! Later we can work back up to an hour a day. Once school starts back probably. I'm pretty active with the kids and in sorting clutter in the house, caring for them and the animals, cleaning and cooking and dishes and laundry and plants, etc. I never seem to stop so surely I get something from all that movement! :woops:

I still like charting a set amount of time.. and I am working on toning quite a bit so I hope it helps stop some sagging! I don't expect to look young but just need to try to tone some. :belly:

Ok, gotta do my work, hugsssss!

Selina :hug:

:bubbles: :df: :bb:

Laura G
06-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Hello again team!
I will be weighing in tomorrow again instead of on Friday because of the long weekend up here. I'm not expecting a loss or a gain - I've been pretty consistent this week. I'm only on Day 4 of my plan, and it'll take a while for the loss to show - so hopefully next week will bring on some good numbers.

I'm glad everyone is doing well and staying healthy.
Kepp up the great work all!

bnhtla06
06-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Nice to hear your enthusiasm, Mumtoliam. Down 1.3 and you have a date AND it's your birthday-that IS a good week. Hope all goes well.

I, on the other hand, am having some scale issues. It's feeling an aweful lot like a plateau. But, as some friends pointed out, I can't let that bother me as long as I'm staying the course. I'll just keep on keeping on and hope for a whoosh before weigh in.

Bigmid
06-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Well Nancy and I are heading for our mini trip to Saskatoon tomorrow and I really hate packing and now I'm thinking is it worth it. I never know what to take for clothes and I will only wear one or two of the things I packed. Nothing else will fit. I gain weight in a matter of 2 days away:(

So this means with me going away I will miss doing totals for Sunday night. I will be back on Monday and will have results to you by Tuesday. I hope you are all okay with this.

Please remember though that you still need to post your WI by Sunday at 10pm AST. I will have to check for that.

I will come and stop by to post a quick hello but not much else. I am hoping it will be a nice little get away. I will see some friends I have out there and Nancy has a cousin that lives out there now too. So that should be good.

We are also going out with some friends there to see a band. We will get into town around 6pm have a quick change then out to the club. Can you say super tired for Friday morning......getting to old but looking forward to going out as well.

Have a great night everyone.

Somni
07-01-2011, 09:56 AM
I think I'm getting sick - argh, just as I felt like I was getting back into a relative state of normalcy.

I was given personal training sessions a couple of months back and finally got them started this week. Wow. 2 days later I am still sore from the first one. :) I am focusing on strength training with her, as that's the part of my activity that's been lacking so far. She does a circuit that also includes some cardio to keep the heart rate up. I see her again later today, it'll probably not be my finest workout between residual soreness and fighting off whatever badly timed bug I picked up this week. :p

My mom in law is coming in to visit for an extended weekend, so not sure how much I'll be around for the next several days (though should still be weighing in normally tommo morning). Just wanted to wish everyone a great weekend and happy weigh-ins! :)

bnhtla06
07-01-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm going out of town this weekend. I haven't decided if I should post my weight tomorrow morning before I leave the house, or wait til Sunday. I'd love an extra day before posting and I will have access to a scale Sunday, but it will be a different scale than I usually use. What if the scales are off? How much is that extra day going to help anyway, since I'll be spending most of it sitting in a car? Decisions, decisions...

Soon2BFitChick
07-01-2011, 01:40 PM
My weight has been fluctuating sooooo much!!!!! :sumo: I'm still up from last week but at one point I was mid 170s this week! 167 today but feel bloated, maybe too much salt? Hope it goes back to at least where I was last week for weigh in!!! Arrrggghh!!!! :yikes:

Yes, I definitely weigh in early if I'm going out of town. Even if it doesn't show a loss for that week. Too hard to mess with it once you leave home! :goodscale:

I hope you all have a fantastic 4th!!! Hugsssss!!!!

Selina :hug:

Beck
07-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Hello, Blue Team!

I've been camping the past couple of days with my family and friends, and I was pretty good about staying on plan. I'm proud that I took only half of a fire-baked potato instead of a whole (with only a small dab of butter). The previous me would have had not only a whole one, but maybe two- with loads of butter and sour cream. I had a thin sliver of cake instead of a whole piece, an ear of corn without butter instead of with, ate my veggie dogs without buns, and fruit instead of chips and other junk. Overall, I'm pleased with how I managed my eating during this trip, though I really needed to be drinking a lot more water. The weather was perfect, and we all had a super time!

I hope everyone has a good weigh-in!

KayakGal
07-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Hello Blue Team! I hope you all had a good week. I have been doing well on my eating. Except when my daughter decided she wanted to bake something. I ate a piece of her cake because I didn't want her to feel bad. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

myhaloisintheshop
07-02-2011, 01:29 PM
I dropped my calorie intake this week and cut out my cheat meal---It paid off! Im to the point where I have to be stricter on my diet. LOVE the fact that I may be in the 2-teens in a week or 2!

QuillysQuest
07-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Welp, Saturday's are normally my weigh-in day, and I was looking forward to doing it this morning because I've been keeping really good track of my food and getting in a lot of exercise too. But, TOM decided it was going to surprise me and showed up a week early with no prior warning, and what feels like a ton of bloat. :P

I'm hoping it is just that that caused the scale to show no difference since last week's weigh-in, so I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning and try the scale again before actually posting my weight this week. Hehehe Would be nice if it's a better number tomorrow! :)

Have a great and safe holiday weekend everybody!!

abetterme
07-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi team..

well Im out of town for the fourth, and will be having to use my last freebie since I guess my mom's scale broke. :( It will motivate me to work harder than ever, I guess, with no more freebies!
Have a great 4th everyone and be safe!

mumtoliam
07-02-2011, 07:47 PM
I've had a big week... my birthday on Friday and last night I celebrated. I dont usually drink alcohol and I can already feel the effects on my body. I am bloated, and my stomach feels heavy. I hopped on the scales and there is no change, I will just be super dooper careful what I eat the next day or two because I weigh in on Monday night at WW. Hope everybody has a great 4th July!

Doragone
07-03-2011, 03:59 AM
Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been on much, out of town, then straight into gardening, vegetable (harvest garlic - plant tomatoes, peppers, 3 kinds of squash, watermelon, carrots and radishes) memorial - put up the gazebo finally, and plain old lawn mowing and set up automatic timers for the next out of town trip! But its all worth it to keep our beautiful yard. Hope you all have a wonderful 4th - I have been totally off the wagon and wallowing in the mud, But I'm not giving up - no gain, no loss and back on the wagon - if I can quit slipping on this slimy ol' mud!!!

Good luck to you all in your WI.

Dora

CourtneyDaisey
07-03-2011, 08:17 AM
Hello Blue Team! I'm just popping over from the Red Team to wish you all the best for your weigh ins! Can't wait to see you all lose that weight! :cheer:

Bigmid
07-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi sorry I haven't been on much but I haven't had service in all the areas we have been staying.
I have posted a gain for myself and I hope I don't actually gain too much more than that. It's no invests of for me to put on 5+ in a weekend:(. Eating had been not bad until last night but barely any water as I never know where the bathroom will be next (bad part of traveling). But I hope it will be off and then some for next weeks WI.

I have also posted Nancys WI as the is no
wireless here so she does not have a access to the Internet. This will also act as her post for the week as we are not back until Monday. I can't sign out of my account and let her sign in as I dont have a clue what my password is:)

Anyway having fun, hoping you are all having a wonderful long weekend and I'll talk to you again on Tuesday.

brizza
07-03-2011, 07:36 PM
I've been so busy and i missed last week again!!! gosh so many things are going out in my life (love :D) so yeah u blame it on the cutest guy ever... well back to the subject... IM very happy because this week even though I could go to the gym at all!!!!!! i still kept eating healthy and feel very proud of my self because i stick to it!!! YAY!!!!! this week ima hit the gym !!!

mumtoliam
07-04-2011, 09:11 AM
I had an awesome week - its Monday night down under and I had my Week 6 weighin.. down 1.8 kg!!! I was just shy of 100g to get my WW 10% key chain. That was my birthday goal. I will get there I hope on Monday next week. A few challenges this week, dinner date tomorrow night, lunch out Wednesday, Friday lunch and dinner date, and Sunday night dinner out!!! Plan and prepare are my weightloss mottos. So I am now trying to plan what I will be able to eat and how can I ensure that I am able to lose weight by preparing my other meals in case things dont go the way I want when eating out. ARGHHH! Seems like hard work but I want my WW key chain next week!!!

Soon2BFitChick
07-04-2011, 02:13 PM
I missed my weigh in! Sorry! Was still up some but I still didn't wanna use a freebie. Sorry Bluezers!

Hope you have a great fourth!! hugsssssssssss!!!!!

Selina