Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/188 (10%)

Height: 5'4"

Cool Say Yes To The Dress

I have always struggled with my weight, but the last two years I ballooned due to a recent discovery that I love cooking and apparently fancy myself a Paula Deen. Never svelte to begin with, I quickly outgrew my size 12 clothes when I started making everything with full-fat butter and real cream. I just bought new clothes. It was not long before I had easily gained 20 pounds and the size 14’s were stating to feel a bit snug. I also began to notice that I was having a hard time keeping my fat pants buttoned and zipped. I did not change anything- in fact, I think I just ate more.

However, when my little sister got engaged last month, the joy that I should have felt for her was overshadowed by the fact that I knew I did not want to be in any of her wedding pictures because I was embarrassed by the way I looked. So unnerved by this, I nearly declined my sister’s invitation to be her Maid of Honor, because I did not want my picture taken.

I would like to say that the day after my sister announced her engagement, I joined Weight Watchers, but alas all I did was feel sorry for myself and hunt around online for plus size bridesmaids dresses and try to assuage my fat fears by telling myself, “Oh, she’s fat and she still looks pretty” and I kind of pretended to eat better.

After a few weeks of this, I decided that I’d had enough. I was letting something that was totally within my control, control ME!

After doing some research and deciding what I could live with for the long haul, I DID join WW. It’s the first time since 1997 and I am very impressed with the new program. The online tools are incredible as well. I’m not entirely sure what my end goal weight is, but I’m starting with the 20 lbs I gained when I started cooking.

I hear people say over and over, when they start a weight loss plan, “I have no idea how this will end.” I have said those words myself- the difference today is that I do know exactly how this will end: With me standing next to my sister at her wedding, 8 months and 21 days from today, feeling confident and looking fabulous.
poshibd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/183/117

Good luck with your goals. You can do it!
blueice10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:34 PM   #3  
Like the Car. Or Not.

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Very inspiring! I know this is just the beginning for you (and me as well), but I think just getting serious about your goals is a big step! Good Luck to you!
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:25 AM   #4  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Hi poshibd! Good for you for taking control! Welcome to 3FC! I hope to see you around the boards!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Hi posh! So glad you're here! I'm from Houston too Good luck!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote