Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 6/27 - 7/10

Diana3271
06-26-2011, 08:42 PM
This check in will be for 2 weeks due to the upcoming holiday!

Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

zoodoo613
06-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Hope everyone had a good weekend.

I'm still bopping along. I'm above my low, but below 200, so I guess that's all OK. I'm periodically getting discouraged because I'm losing so slowly, and because I often feel I'm not committed enough, but when I look at the stats, I'm still losing at a perfectly reasonable rate, nearly 1.5 lbs/week over the last 4 weeks.

I planned and shopped for a bunch of meals this week, something I'd been slacking on for a while. I cooked for a while this afternoon and now have meals for at least 2 nights, and a couple lunches banked, and a third meal started. And I fed us tonight. Hopefully that will make good choices easier during the week.

My only exercise this weekend was a brief hike I took yesterday. If you're interested you can read about it here Hope everyone had a good weekend.

I'm still bopping along. I'm above my low, but below 200, so I guess that's all OK. I'm periodically getting discouraged because I'm losing so slowly, and because I often feel I'm not committed enough, but when I look at the stats, I'm still losing at a perfectly reasonable rate, nearly 1.5 lbs/week over the last 4 weeks.

I planned and shopped for a bunch of meals this week, something I'd been slacking on for a while. I cooked for a while this afternoon and now have meals for at least 2 nights, and a couple lunches banked, and a third meal started. And I fed us tonight. Hopefully that will make good choices easier during the week.

My only exercise this weekend was a brief hike I took yesterday. If you're interested you can read about it here (http://zoodoo613.livejournal.com) I thought I might get out for a bike ride this evening, but at this point that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Things are still pretty rocky for me emotionally. My husband is currently on short-term disability for his depression. While this of course raises financial worries, there are positives. Not working seems to be helping him a good bit. He's getting up and doing something everyday, whereas he'd been mostly sleeping while he wasn't working before. I guess he's only got a limited amount of functionality in him right now, and every drop and more was getting him through work. It'll be nice that he'll be home with my son. And frankly, he keeps a tidy house, much better at that than I am. I am feeling bad about about essentially firing our babysitter abruptly. She's a friend of mine, and I know they don't have much money, and I feel just awful about it, but we don't have so much money that I want to keep paying her even though we won't need her.

Also weighing on me is the news that one of my oldest and dearest friends was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was found early, and I'm sure she'll come through, but it's still news that really shakes me. Her mother also had breast cancer at this age (38) and I know they've made great strides in treatment since then, but I just hate to see my friend go through what her mother went through.

alaskanlaughter
06-26-2011, 10:46 PM
hi everyone...so sorry to hear about your friend's cancer...i'm sure she'll be fine but that would be a hard thing to get through....we also had to "fire" a babysitter last fall when she (a friend) started acting reallyyyyy weird, bizarre mood changes, and more...although we had planned to switch providers anyhow, we ended up doing it much more quickly than planned...

finally got to get out on the repaired bike...went for a 45-minute bike ride and i'm guessing it was about 3ish miles, maybe a bit more...the seat hurts my tailbone also :( but otherwise it was fine...i love bike riding but the only time i get to go is later at night and if its too late, i won't go because of all the bears around here

have been eating good today, with carbs at 19 right now...scale is inching lower also...reading lowest first thing in the morning and then hovering a few pounds up throughout the day...interestingly, the scale read a low weight this morning when i went potty, then i went back to sleep for an hour and when i got up, the scale read even lower...TWICE!

sukale
06-26-2011, 11:19 PM
I always like to plan my day ahead. So here is my Monday 6-27 plan.

Weigh in first thing.
B Special K protein bar 20 oz water
L Spinach salad with chicken and strawberries 20 oz water
S yogurt cup and nuts
D Quiche (ham eggs cheese and spinach on a hash brown crust)
S apple with peanut butter

Walk 2 miles with Leslie (walk away the pounds)

K9Owner
06-27-2011, 02:27 AM
I did so great Friday night and Saturday for the wedding and the cookout!! Even Sunday was great up until about 2pm when 1 glass of wine turned into the ENTIRE bottle!

Friday
Total Cals: 1435
Tennis: 535
Water: 112 oz

Saturday
Estimated Cals: 2000
No Exercise
Water: 72 oz

Sunday
Cals: 1950
No Exercise
Water: Approx 64 oz

When, oh when, will I learn???
Afterwards, I ordered 2 large :jeno: and ate 2 slices out of each of them--then I went for frozen yogurt and a firework show! (I didn't drive)
I ruined all the success I had accumulated for the weekend :(
Push on some more....

BTW: TOM is kicking my butt!! My symptoms are really bad this month. I feel terrible.

jeniansmom
06-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Hi all, I'm starting back on the forums again so I guess I'll jump in here :)
I'm starting a raw food cleanse today to try to detox my system a bit so I can think more clearly and figure out how I want to proceed. My goal is to do it through Saturday but that may be a bit more than I can handle.

At any rate my goal for today is all raw fruits and veggies along with nuts. And drinking only water. No binging, but eating to fullness when hungry.

Good luck to us all!
Jen

Diana3271
06-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Let's make it a great week!

Weigh In: 143.6
Down: .2

Diana: What are your favorite workout videos. You seem to do a lot of them. I was wondering if you have a favorite.

Erica For cardio it's Turbo Fire all the way! Right now, my favorite step cardio is Jenny Ford's Step By Step. It's really good, basic step. Workouts that are cardio and weights is Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body and Kelly Coffey Meyer's 30 MTF Circuit Burn. I like the weights and cardio on this one. There are a lot of premixes on Circuit Burn that make it fantastic.

Zoodoo I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Stay strong for her and keep a positive attitude around her. That can make all the difference for her.

Alaskanlaughter Congrats on getting the bike going. Hmm, bears are not good. :lol: Stay safe. ;)

Sukale Hi and Welcome to the check-in! I'm in SC, too!

K9 I used to drink wine on the weekend. A glass always ended up being a bottle for me. :lol: You know, I didn't want it to go bad. ;)

Jeniansmom Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

berryblondeboys
06-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Ugh... Lost my WHOLE post with personals because I stepped away to go to the bathroom and my son took over the computer! Grrr! LOL

Well, I'll redo personals later.

Going to do Zumba in an hour.

Plan for this week:

Monday: Zumba
Tuesday: BodyPump (A barbell aerobic stength training class - am I nuts???)
Wednesday: BodyStep (because I love step)
Thursday: BodyPump (because I'm a glutton for punishment)
Friday: BodyStep
Sunday: Zumba

I 'might' do a couple more evening classes like Zumba or Aqua Zumba during week, but not sure.

Scale was very kind to me this morning. Down .8 to 201.0. Inching so close!!!

K9Owner
06-27-2011, 09:50 AM
This morning, I feel crampy, irritable, and BLOATED. :barf:
I don't have a hangover--I usually don't get those, but TOM symptoms are worse. I promise, I never felt like this when I was on the pill.

Anyway, I still have almost 2 whole :jeno: in my fridge (one is veggie, the other is bbq) DH will eat the bbq.

I didn't binge on it, but this a.m. I was graced with a 5 lb GAIN :fr:
I realize it's a 4 lb water weight gain, but SERIOUSLY!

I have to place :jeno: on the allergy list, I think. I need to convince myself I am truly allergic to it!! ;)

Tonight is work for me--yaaaaa me!

Have a fabulous OP day everyone!

zoodoo613
06-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Mornin'!

I'm at 198, meeting my 10% lost goal! I bounce so much that I may not see it tomorrow, but I was down to 198.2 a couple days ago, so I don't think it's a complete fluke. It's funny, with all the focus on the 200 mark, I kind of missed that I'd hit the 20 lbs. lost mark.

I tried to convince myself to ride my bike to work this morning, (I have the freedom to do that now that hubby's home) but lying in bed reading for a few extra minutes sounded like a better idea at the time. Here's hoping for tomorrow.

amy3469
06-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Hey everyone! Hope everyone has a grat day!

Zoodood - so sorry to about your friend!

Alaska - Yay on the bike!

K9 - I miss wine! I always ended up drinking more than the glass I had intended also!

Berry - Sounds like you've got a good plan for the week. I haven't tried Zumba yet. Do you really like it? I've heard good things.

Diana - I love this thread it's awesome!

I did do my 20 minutes on the s. bike this morning before work, will do another 20 this afternoon. I'll probably throw in a couple of Leslie Sansone workouts this week.
I'll keep drinking my water. TOM is almost over then I won't be too terrified to weigh!

zoodoo613
06-27-2011, 11:07 AM
I just discovered that the creamers I've been using at work are about half the calories I'd been recording. They are 9ml instead of .5 oz that fitday uses for an "individual container". This is why, while I do record everything, I just don't stress to much about recording everything precisely. I'm bound to be getting it wrong anyway!

abbysue715
06-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Well this weekend was plain old bad as far as the food is concerned. But I had quite a wonderful weekend. Friday was our first night baby free. That was a lot harder than I expected it to be. I made it 12 whole hours though! I guess a good thing about going off plan is I realized im not producing enough milk anymore. Whenever the baby usually eats its about every 1.5 to 2 hours and this weekend he was going for 4 hour stretches. So I think I need to be more dilligent about staying in between 1700-2000 and see if that helps with my milk supply. Also, I suppose another good thing about going off plan is that it helped me see just how far I have come. In the past one off plan weekend could have led to a week or even a month and oh the guilt trip I would lay on myself.

It is what it is. Its just food. No reason to berate myself over it. New day,
new choices to make.

Oh and I was wearing the bodybug wrong! lol So my daily burn has been in between 2300 and 2500 with no planned exercise.

Zoodoo- WOOHOOO!!!! 10%

K9- sounds like we had very similar eating this weekend.eek. Today is a new day though!

Berry- The gym everyday, you are an inspiration!

Jeniansmom- Welcome! Good luck with your cleanse. I always think more clearly with all the processed junk out of my diet.

sukale- welcome! sounds like you planned a wonderful day. Let us know how you do.

alaskanlaughter- The thought of being just a bike ride away from bears TERRIFIES me!

Diana- how long did it take you to lose all the weight?

So I promised myself I would hold myself accountable so Im listing what I ate for the weekend.

Friday- .75 cup of cereal
.75 2% milk

3 slices of ham
3 slices of turkey
spinach
lettuce
mustard
1tb mayo
1 bag edamame

2 granola bars
jalapeno cheesestick

whole order of honey bbq boneless wings.

Saturday
1 chocolate chip pancake
1 slice ooey gooey cake

club sandwhich
2 slices sourdough
reg mayo
mustard
ham
cheese
turkey
bacon

Sunday
1 mcgriddle
1 sausage mcmuffin

wings
pasta salad
breadsticks
pizza
1 slice peanut butter pie
1 slice red velvet cake.

The end of this post and crappy eating choices! Good luck with the upcoming week everyone!!!

mamakat
06-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
I guess I'm a little bit pleased. My scale stuck which surprised me since I splurged Saturday night with a small chocolate milkshake. OMG, it was wonderful. Than yesterday was so weird with the Silent Movie Nosferatu that I only got my oatmeal in. So sweet hubby asked what I'd like. Gosh he's super. He works hard during the Movie and then goes grocery shopping, cooks and cleans. He's the best. I chose homemade beef burritos that includes cheese and sour cream. I had two fat ones :) BUT I'm still 249.4 so I feel great. I have to make sure to get my 6 days of workout in this week. I want to keep going down and not up.

zoodoo being strong for yourself and eating healthy as well as getting some exercise will actually help your loved ones too. I feel better now eating better and exercising, I feel stronger mentally as well. As a strong, healthy woman you will be able to be stronger for you husband and friend. You could also be someone they could look up to. " zoodoo is so strong and positive, I want to be like her." I know that for me when I'm down or having issue with my health I look at the stronger ones around me and think "I want to be like them." Also sometimes it clicks in my head that they are being strong for me that I want to show them that I too am fighting to make myself better. I hope all that made sense. Sometimes it makes sense in my head but not outside :) :hug:

alaskan I was thinking a silly thought about biking so late with the bears. It could be a great cardio for you. See a bear pedal faster. I am just kidding. Don't mess around with bears (I know you won't :) ). I can totally relate to the tailbone thing. I have to sit on 2 pillows on my recumbant bike. Good luck with a better time. :)

Krystal I always thought pizza was the perfect food: dairy, protein, veg and bread. Its also easy to get your hands on, but it's too easy to eat too much. I think the wise thing is to preempt the over doing it with the phone ordering. On the safe side you could order one pizza with 1/2 and 1/2. Once it's home you won't be able to change matters. Less guilt, but what do I know, I'm not a pizza person AND I never do the ordering. :p

sukale Monday sounds yummy.

Berry I hope you had a great Zumba class. :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Larry H
06-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Yesterday I really blew my diet away!!:mad::mad: I attended my grandson's HS Graduation party and I kind of lost my normal control. Had sub sandwich, ice cream cake, chili and everything else in sight that was not good for me!!:dizzy:

The bottom line was I consumed 2205 calories which is 705 over my plan. However my sodium intake was a real disaster. My plan is for 2000 mg and I consumed a whopping 5365 mg which is 3365 mg over plan. :devil::devil: As I sit here typing I can feel my swollen ankles. The skin feels tight on them.

Now I have to decide what to do today? I am inclined to cut my calories today by the amount that I was over yesterday so that the two day average would be on plan. Sodium could not be done that way by cutting since I was over by 3365 and my plan is 2000 I cannot cut 3365 out??:?:

I would appreciate suggestions from my supportive friends on this thread.:hug: What do you suggest that I do to get back on track?

Larry,

zoodoo613
06-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Yesterday I really blew my diet away!!:mad::mad: I attended my grandson's HS Graduation party and I kind of lost my normal control. Had sub sandwich, ice cream cake, chili and everything else in sight that was not good for me!!:dizzy:

The bottom line was I consumed 2205 calories which is 705 over my plan. However my sodium intake was a real disaster. My plan is for 2000 mg and I consumed a whopping 5365 mg which is 3365 mg over plan. :devil::devil: As I sit here typing I can feel my swollen ankles. The skin feels tight on them.

Now I have to decide what to do today? I am inclined to cut my calories today by the amount that I was over yesterday so that the two day average would be on plan. Sodium could not be done that way by cutting since I was over by 3365 and my plan is 2000 I cannot cut 3365 out??:?:

I would appreciate suggestions from my supportive friends on this thread.:hug: What do you suggest that I do to get back on track?

Larry,

Larry, this is the first time I've seen you go substantially off plan in the 3 months I've been on this board. The best plan to get back on track is to get back on track. 700 calories? That's nothing! Really, that means you might lose 0.2 lbs less than you might have otherwise. Not only that, but think of all the times you've been under your calories. Don't you think you can retroactively average these calories out? The point of this journey is to be healthier and in the meantime lose weight, not to eat the bare minimum possible to survive. Also, 2200 calories? Is probably below your maintenance level.

Please don't beat yourself up over this. It was a totally normal celebration, and you don't need to do anything different to atone for it.

fatgyrl
06-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Last week I fell 17 min short (due to rain) of my 5 -7 hrs a week walking walking goal, but I changed up the route and will now be doing 1 hr in the Am instead of 22 min so I am moving onward and upward with a new 7-10hr goal for this week. As for food I just want to make the best choices, I am not feeling inclined to *count* anything.

Larry: What I am reading into your post is sounds like you want to punish yourself for falling off the wagon. Does this work for you, or will you mess up later rebelling to the self imposed punishment? (only you know the answer to this)

If you really want to even out the numbers why not take a gentle approach cut out 100 a day for the next 7 days, you could do the same with sodium 480mg/day but would probably do better to just drink extra water to wash it away and maybe "half it" until your skin does not feel so tight.

Personally, feeling like crap, (physically) is enough punishment for my bad choices and I'd just pick myself up brush my self off and move on.

berryblondeboys
06-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Larry, this is the first time I've seen you go substantially off plan in the 3 months I've been on this board. The best plan to get back on track is to get back on track. 700 calories? That's nothing! Really, that means you might lose 0.2 lbs less than you might have otherwise. Not only that, but think of all the times you've been under your calories. Don't you think you can retroactively average these calories out? The point of this journey is to be healthier and in the meantime lose weight, not to eat the bare minimum possible to survive. Also, 2200 calories? Is probably below your maintenance level.

Please don't beat yourself up over this. It was a totally normal celebration, and you don't need to do anything different to atone for it.

Agree with Zoodoo. Otherwise you are punishing yourself and that is not what this is about. You had a higher calorie day. So what? In the scheme of things. Some days are like that and you definitely space them FAR apart, so don't sweat it!

berryblondeboys
06-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Accidentally missed breakfast this morning before Zumba. I don't want to do that again. Not eating for 14 hours and then exercising hard? Not smart!

I woke up at 7:30 am and took my thyroid medicine. Then I had to wait an hour before eating. I was just planning a protein shake and an apple with peanut butter, but I ran out of time while getting my son ready this morning. I mean to at least grab a protein shake, but forgot on the way out the door. Ugh... Not recommended! I don't know how people do that on a completely empty stomach on a regular basis!

My arms are a bit sore from all the shrub trimming yesterday too.

elizabethyellow
06-27-2011, 12:33 PM
zoodoo613: So sorry to hear about your friend with cancer – she is young like you said, so she probably has a great outlook and chance of beating it! On a happier note, a friend of mine just finished her last round of radiation on Friday after battling the same disease for 9 months – there is hope! Also, WTG on preparing those meals and planning ahead! I find that to be the best option for me, because when I don’t plan I usually end up going for “quick” options – unhealthy snacks or fast food. Kudos! :)

alaskanlaughter: YAY on getting that bike fixed! Bears?! Jeez, that’s intense. Be safe out there! And congrats on the surprise weight loss – sleep is apparently exercise! Told ya so mom.

sukale: Hello and welcome! That sounds like a great plan, and I love Leslie Sansone!

K9Owner: Hey, everybody is allowed to splurge every once in a while. As they say, as long as you don’t use this as an excuse to stop your plan and give up, it’s nothing to worry about. Everybody can fall off plan; not everybody can hoist themselves back up and get back on track. Good luck to you, and don’t beat yourself up! Pizza is good, wine is good, we just have to have them in moderation. :)

jeniansmom: Hello and nice to meet you! Oh a raw food diet, good luck! I’m not a big fan of nuts so I could never healthily invest in that type of diet. Let us know how you do!

Diana3271: “I didn’t want it to go bad.” Hahahaha I’ll be sure to use this line when I’m “of age” to drink wine :)

berryblondeboys: YAY You are soooo close to onederland! Keep going girlfriend! And good luck in BodyPump… that sounds like something you can handle though!

amy3469: Keep up the good work! I need to invest in a stationary bike one of these days… they’re quieter than the treadmill for home and you can watch TV while you work out! Perfect! :)

abbysue715: I like your “New day, new choice to make” saying! That is so true!! Good luck staying on plan this week, you can do it!

mamakat: Your message to zoodoo613 really touched me. Everything you said was so applicable to my life, and I’m sure to lots of people on this thread. Thanks for the inspiration! And great job on the weight loss and your goals for this week.

LarryH: Drink LOTS of water to curb your sodium indulgence. As for the calorie indulgence, I would say just monitor yourself and make sure to stay on plan for the rest of the week until you are “back to normal.” And listen to zoodoo613! She knows what she speaks! :)

I updated yesterday in the last thread, and I haven’t eaten anything as of today (I usually like to eat my Nutrigrain bar around 9:30 to 10:00 so that I am less hungry for lunch time), but I’ll update tonight with more personals! It looks like everyone is doing a great job, I’m proud of all of you! Let’s have a great day today!!

alaskanlaughter
06-27-2011, 01:42 PM
good morning....my weight bounced up a little this morning, i always see a new low, then bounce up, then settle back down again...i wont officially weigh myself til the 5th but i track it on our home scale, which reads 3 pounds higher than the scale i officially weigh on at my doctor's office once a month...i'm sure it's partly because of the exercise yesterday too, its been awhile since i was able to get out on the bike

there are alot of black bears around here and, although it's a populated area, there are still lots of trees and undergrowth all around the homes...we also live close to the glacier and the glacier's lake and streams...also live near the mountains, on the edge of the coast in the rainforest...black bears are everywhere...they are like larger, more dangerous raccoons...they get into your garbage, they wander past your house at night, they are all over the place....you have to store garbage inside or in a bear-proof container (which bears just treat like big challenges anyhow)....i once had a bear tip over a HUGE heavy bear-proof box, tip it right into my car out in my driveway and put a scrape on my car from it...he didn't get it open but damaged it enough that we couldn't use it anymore...

i'll tell you a good story sometime about the 500-pound black bear that got through our front door one night too

sukale
06-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Have a low blood sugar of 58. So I am eating some pretzels to bring it up a little. There aren't to many carbs in my salad, just a few from the strawberries. I will have to wait a while now to do my exercise video when my sugar goes back up, so maybe around 3pm.

K9Owner
06-27-2011, 02:06 PM
I am awake for a solemn moment (I hope), then itís back to bed for me.

First of all, thank you all so much for your support. I still feel like I need a kick in the pants! :kickbutt: I just keep asking myself how I could be so foolish!!

Hi Elizabeth :wave:

Melissa: You probably felt in a similar way I did when I attempted Tennis after 3 weeks of detoxing from processed carbs. NOT good! Glad you got it in though. Great job!!

Fatgyrl: Sending you some :goodvibes: to make it through you walking goal. You can do it!

Zoodoo: :yay: on 20 lbs!! Thatís awesome! My DH keeps a more tidy house too. Prayers sent for your friend.

Alaskan: You crack me up speaking! Frigid temps, water games in 60F weather, now biking with the bearsÖthat would make an awesome headline in Memphis!

Hi Sukale :wave:

Jen: Best of luck detoxing. I feel like I need to get back on that boat after this weekend!!

Amy: Good luck with your weigh-in after TOM leaves. Iíll be so glad when he leaves my house!

AbbySue: :dust: sent to you to help you stay on plan. We can do this!!

MamaKat: I typically donít order pizzaómuch less 2 of them! Perhaps you missed the pre-emptive instigatoró(coughs) my judgment was impaired with an entire bottle of Merlot! I seriously doubt I would have done this if I had not been, well..to be honestÖintoxicated! :lol: Hopefully that is out of my system for at least a month or 2. Usually thatís how it is for me.
:yay: on not gaining after a yummi treat!

Larry: NO doubt you will see a gain after all that sodium since your MD has declared you ďSodium SensitiveĒ. Iím not as worried about the cals as I am about the Na++ intake. Be careful with the amount of fluid youíre drinking, as the Na++ will absorb it and cause you to become super edematous!
:dust: for you to help you get back on plan!

Hi Diana :wave:

RachaelJ
06-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Well this past weekend was my bestfriend's wedding I was trying to loose weight for. My bridesmaid dress needed altering and safety pins to keep my boobs from falling out the dress. ;) When I weighed myself this morning I was 151, 12 pounds lost total since May9. The goal is to loose 30 total so only 20 to go. :carrot:

I hope everyone is well. I know I'v been slightly MIA since I've been traveling and fairly busy with work.

exjordanaire
06-27-2011, 02:38 PM
I just started last Friday on my diet and I was honestly shocked to see a 5 lbs difference on my scale. I checked it before I went to bed and when I woke up this morning and it's staying right around 210-211 lbs. I started at 215! I suppose this is the water weight coming off but it's still shocking to see 5lbs difference in only 4 days of diet and exercise.

Nevertheless, whatever I am doing is working for me so I'm going to keep this up!

My meals normally consist of:

B - Protein Shake
L - Baked chicken with veggies
S - Popcorn
D - Tilapia fish with veggies
S - Yogurt with blueberries, oats and honey

I've been walking/jogging three times a day with my dog, along with 30 mins to an hour of Strength training or Yoga in the afternoon.

So far, so good :)

shishkeberry
06-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Ugh, not a good day. :( i haven't been getting much sleep lately because I think my daughter is teething again. She's up almost every hour. We actually slept a good bit together in the rocker because I fell asleep rocking her lol! So we napped a lot today and so I missed breakfast and going to the gym. Lunch was a piece of thin crust veggie lovers pizza with half the cheese. I guess that 267 was a fluke but I'm still in the 260's at 269.4. Have a good day, everyone.

amy3469
06-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a decent day.
I am beating myself up, I think I screwed up my day :(

20 minutes on the s. bike = 8 miles in the morning
Breakfast: banana and a vanilla carb. yogurt.. 60 cal.

20 minutes on the s. bike at lunchtime = 8 miles again
Lunch: a banana

Dinner: sesame chicken, 1/2 cup white rice, and way too much sweet and sour chicken (without the sauce)
While eating the Chinese food I was thinking, "wow Amy, this probably isn't a good idea"!

Have had 12 - 8 ounce glasses of water so far. Will try to get in 2-3 more tonight.
I could kick myself or not just having a salad with chicken and then later a snack. Chinese just wasn't a smart choice, I'm betting.
I put it in MyFitnesspal to check calories, it looks like I was under 1200 for the day and then with exercise I still was allowed another 750. But, I'm not sure I have an accurate count for the chinese, it's a local restaraunt, and my portions may have been off some. I don't know...

alaskanlaughter
06-27-2011, 08:55 PM
if this works, these are pics i took of myself today, just to have something to compare with....for what it's worth, this is what i look like at about 205

mamakat
06-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Argg, I hate that it's so easy to lose what we are working on!

Good Evening My Friends,
I decided to extend my biking to 40mins bringing me around 11 miles a day. I figured if I missed a day I would make it up by the added miles. It can't hurt right?

berry I hate taking those pills in the morning. It sucks on the weekend when DH wants to eat the moment I wake up. I keep a nuts in my car so that if I am running out quick or I forget I have back up. I can not move without food. :)

Larry you have been so good for so long don't beat yourself up over this one day. It was a celebration, not something you should feel guilty about. Just get back on track and keep watch of that salt! :)

fatgyrl that sounds like a lot of walking...wow, I wish I could walk that much. Keep us posted how well that is going. :)

alaskan that IS a lot of bears. That is crazy. We have opossums here that scare me enough to screech like a ninny. I could not imagine bears. Be careful.:)

sukale I hope you get to your exercise. Be careful. :)

krystal I did see you mention the wine, but I hate to mention anything about alcohol in fear I might say something wrong. I know how wine/any alcohol can make you want the munchies :) I stay far far away from alcohol.

Rachel great job on the loss :)

exjordan great job on the start and 5 pounds. :)

shish I miss those baby moments. :)

I hope you all have a good and healthy evening. :)

sukale
06-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Well Today was my 3rd day of doing the 2 miles. It looks like I need to adjust my insulin pump. I had too many lows today. But here is what I actually had today

B Special K protein bar
S pretzels to bring up my blood sugar
L spinach salad with strawberries and some chicken
Did my 2 miles with Leslie
D oatmeal sugar was down and had to eat something fast
S still low blood sugar so I ate a 4 pack of peanut butter crackers

Exercise really helps keep blood sugar down. So now that I am really doing the 2 miles I need to remember to take less insulin.

Larry H
06-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Thanks for everyone's kind words of support! :hug:

I am back on plan sort of. :D What iI mean by that is I had 832 calories which is low but helps with yesterday's high. Many of you thought I was punishing myself but I do not feel that way. I am not one bit hungry!! :D
If I were hungry and I was denying food to myself, that would be punishment.
Since I am not hungry I feel no sense of deprivation despite the low calories.

My sodium was barely high at 2005 mg my plan is 2000 mg. :D:carrot::D I will gladly accept that and see if I can do even better tommorrow.

Most of the time I feel like a juggler :D trying to keep calories, fats, protein, carbs and sodium all within plan. It is not easy but it can be accomplished by planning, reading labels, weighing / measuring and most of all tracking with my Weight by Date computer program software.

I feel like the guy at the circus who is trying to keep the plates spinning on top of those poles and not let any drop!! :dizzy: Dieting is certainly not easy at times but it is always worth it.

Larry,

berryblondeboys
06-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Darn - every single body pump class offered tomorrow at all three gyms (5 classes total for the day) is booked tomorrow. I guess it's popular! So, my choice is to do "total body conditioning" which uses handweights or something else entirely. I guess I should do the conditioning class. Man, it's hard enough getting pumped up about the class that sounds the most interesting - it's even harder to get excited about any other class.

Diana3271
06-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Berry I've heard of people raving about BodyPump classes. They seem to really like them.

K9 TTOM has been messing with me the last few days. Today it kicked my butt. I did a weight workout today. I had to use lighter weights than I normally do. I felt so weak. :dunno:

Zoodoo Congrats on your 10% goal.

Amy Great job on all of those workouts!

Abbysue My Dr. changed my thyroid meds (to correct the dosage) in Jan '08. I use that as my starting point. I reached my goal May 2011. It was 3 years and 3 or 4 months.

That sounds like forever, doesn't it? :o I know of people on here who have lost 100+ pounds in less than a year. It also took time to regulate my medicine. I did the best I could. :D

Mamakat Burritos, sound delish! :drool: Great job on the extra workout.

Larry Stuff happens. I would just start fresh today and get back on track.

Fatgyrl Hi and Welcome! :wave: Great job on the walking!

Elizabethyellow Hi :wave:

Alaskanlaughter I would normally bounce back up a little after a new low, too. Stay away from those bears. ;) Geesh, don't let them in the house! :lol:

Sukale Hi :wave: Less insulin is very good! Keep up the exercise!

Rachael Good to see you back. Great job on the 12 pounds.

Exjordanaire Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Shishkeberry Hang in there. Get some extra sleep when you can. :hug:

Amy Chinese food is always difficult. I have terrible problems with the sodium and MSG.

Diana3271
06-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Total Approx 1440 Calories + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Mahi Tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
TF HIIT 25
Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body

darius
06-27-2011, 11:36 PM
i love bike riding but the only time i get to go is later at night and if its too late, i won't go because of all the bears around here

Hi alaskanlaughter, here are the bear warning signs in my area
(sign says "warning, bears appear frequently"):

alaskanlaughter
06-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Hi alaskanlaughter, here are the bear warning signs in my area
(sign says "warning, bears appear frequently"):

LOL that's one scary-looking bear...where is that sign at over there? is it for a park or something? since we live in a rainforest, we get bears wandering all over the place...downtown, which is historic and buildings jammed together, bears often take the stairs up the hills behind the buildings just like people...you just look before you climb LOL...my DH once encountered a bear on the downtown street just coming out on the sidewalk from a recessed set of stairs...he just crossed the street and kept on going :D

darius
06-28-2011, 12:27 AM
LOL that's one scary-looking bear...where is that sign at over there? is it for a park or something?

These signs are typically at the entrance to narrow roads leading up into the mountains, or hiking trails. This particular sign is posted next to a road going up a small local mountain.
I hike a lot of local mountains and I have never seen a bear, but I was on top of a local mountain in september of one year, and I heard movement in the brush behind me and heard a very low growling. I resisted the temptation to start running. I was frozen and didn't want to turn around, but I did and I didn't see anything. I started walking slowly down the trail, until I went around a bend and then I started running and made it off that mountain in record time. I have seen bears in the wild in the US (western north carolina) but not in Japan (and I don't want to).

alaskanlaughter
06-28-2011, 12:39 AM
These signs are typically at the entrance to narrow roads leading up into the mountains, or hiking trails. This particular sign is posted next to a road going up a small local mountain.
I hike a lot of local mountains and I have never seen a bear, but I was on top of a local mountain in september of one year, and I heard movement in the brush behind me and heard a very low growling. I resisted the temptation to start running. I was frozen and didn't want to turn around, but I did and I didn't see anything. I started walking slowly down the trail, until I went around a bend and then I started running and made it off that mountain in record time. I have seen bears in the wild in the US (western north carolina) but not in Japan (and I don't want to).

i've never run into a bear by myself except for once here...i was out at the catholic shrine off in the woods, walking down to it, and a bear cub crossed my path...i knew the mama wasn't far off and so i quickly went back to my car LOL

the bears around where we used to live, i never encountered one outside...we bought a mobile home here years ago and it was right on a bear path...every night we had bears around, getting into our supposedly bear-proof container and walking through our yard...once one sat right under our living room window and DH's brother opened the window and smacked it with a broom handle...it wandered away

but the scariest one was late at night several years ago, when our niece came home late and didnt shut the front door all the way...we were storing our garbage inside to prevent bears from hanging around and a 500-pound black bear pushed open the front door and was getting into the garbage in the living room...niece heard this and got DH out of bed...he got his gun and approached, pointed gun and yelled for it to leave...it walked to the front door, opened it with his claws, walked almost out, turned around and charged DH to get back to the garbage...DH backed up until he hit the wall, then he fired point-blank and shot the bear between the eyes...the bear stopped, shook blood all over the living room, and bolted out the door...we never found it...however a few months later, at teh glacier, a black bear was photographed with a healed bullet wound between the eyes...biggest bear seen around here in a long time

alaskanlaughter
06-28-2011, 12:55 AM
well i was over my allotted carbs today by 19, ended with 59 carbs total and ONLY because i chose to have an apple with peanut butter today *sigh* it's sooo hard to pass up fruit and, if i pair it with protein like peanut butter, i feel better about that choice...ate well today, no real sugars at all...i did buy a bag of sugar-free chocolates and ate some of them but i felt in control about it, not like an all-out craving where i eat as much sugar as i can get...i think since there wasn't any "real" sugar to mess with my BS levels, it was much easier to eat some, stop and do other things, and then i had a few more and there's still more left that i don't intend to eat...i'm sore from my bike ride yesterday so i didn't go today, maybe tomorrow

darius
06-28-2011, 01:32 AM
biggest bear seen around here in a long time

Well you've got the scariest bear stories I've ever heard anywhere.

still
06-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Good morning, everyone!

Weighed in at 166 today, so I'm hoping that all the water I drank yesterday took care of the sodium overload from Sunday. I had an on plan day yesterday, ending at 1550 cal exactly. :-) Went to the gym and did a little cardio, but mostly focused on weights. I totally kicked butt! I felt great afterward, that really awesome "I used my muscles and they might be a touch sore tomorrow" feeling. So I had a really awesome gym day.

I can't wait for this weekend. DH and I both have Friday off, and we have a wedding in the southwestern part of the state on Sunday, so I think we're just going to spend the weekend down that way and do a lot of biking the great trails along Lake Michigan. It should be amazing.

Hope you guys all have great days today! I have to work a ten hour shift today so I'm not sure whether I'll be back for personals lately. I don't do ten hours as well as I used to, and might need a nap later ;-)

jomatho
06-28-2011, 07:53 AM
Oops, looks like I posted on last weeks thread yesterday. Thats what I get for leaving it open in my browser and just refreshing. Sorry about that. It wasn't overly exciting news anyways, but to recap, I am slowly losing every day (and I mean slowly), inching my way back down to 183. Today I am 183.8, a slight bit closer. I will get there.
My bit of dilemma in my head about goal weight and whether I should continue or not since I am losing slowly, etc, is solved. I am just going to keep doing what I am doing and what will be will be. Hopefully I will continue to lose, and I have to be okay with the fact that it may be slow now. I think I get this way every month between ovulation and my period, must be the plummeting hormones. But don't worry, my mood is usually great for a week or two after my period, so I should really be raring to go!
I took Sunday off from formal exercise, but have done at least one form or more of exercise every other day last week. Walked 5 days, Swam for laps 3 days and Ran on the treadmill 2 days. I am happy with that. This week so far, I walked yesterday. May try to get in a run after our walk this morning. I really think running is the key for me. Something about dripping with sweat. . .
I have a lot of catching up to do from this thread (since I was on the wrong thread), so I won't do personals now. Ball game tonight and busy day before that, so I will probably catch you all in tomorrow morning :wave:
Hope everyone has a great day, one good decision after another!

Diana3271
06-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Good Morning! :wave:

I'm feeling tired this morning from TTOM. Remember when I bragged about it a couple weeks ago? That's why I am hesitant to mention things. :dunno: Thinking positive here . . . Maybe it's regulating itself and it's going to be better from here on out. Gotta think positive!

Weigh In: 143.2
Down: .4

jomatho
06-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Good Morning! :wave:

I'm feeling tired this morning from TTOM. Remember when I bragged about it a couple weeks ago? That's why I am hesitant to mention things. :dunno: Thinking positive here . . . Maybe it's regulating itself and it's going to be better from here on out. Gotta think positive!

Weigh In: 143.2
Down: .4

Sorry you're not feeling well Diana :(. I am almost afraid for TTOM to come for me this month, seems a lot of us are having a rough month of it. Maybe it is the heat? Anyways, just do what you can. You are weighing in pretty low, my friend, are you preparing for your vacation in case you eat a little extra? I love how in control you always are!

Diana3271
06-28-2011, 08:39 AM
You are weighing in pretty low, my friend, are you preparing for your vacation in case you eat a little extra? I love how in control you always are!

Yes! :D This weekend we are going to the OBX in NC. I'm sure I will share a couple drinks and dessert with DH. ;) That will probably take me back up to my regular maintenance range. My birthday is coming up in a few weeks, too. ;)

I really like the idea of not changing my foods too much, since hitting maintenance. Then I can enjoy the special occasions without going above my maintenance weight range. We don't have any other special occasions coming up after my birthday, though. We'll see what happens after that. I might have to make some adjustments. We'll see.

berryblondeboys
06-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Do I need to say anything?

Diana3271
06-28-2011, 08:41 AM
Berry Congratulations! Awesome job done! :woohoo: :yay: :bravo: :congrat: :carrot:

Larry H
06-28-2011, 09:16 AM

Melissa,

Wow!! Onederland!! You have worked so hard for it and I am so proud of you!!

:carrot::bravo::cb::dancer::twirly::sunny::jig:
:high::broc::dance::goodscale:
:congrat::yay::cheer:

Larry

zoodoo613
06-28-2011, 09:20 AM

Woohoo! Congrats!

shishkeberry
06-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Yay berry! Good job!

zoodoo613
06-28-2011, 09:42 AM
197.6 this morning. And I'm 25% of the way to my goal. All these milestone numbers are coming one on top of another. I'm not going to have this much fun again for a long time.

I rode my bike in this morning, despite the possibility of rain this afternoon. Oh, the way my brain works! At a certain point I noticed someone in front of me and decided I'd like to catch up to them. At first it seemed possible, then it didn't, but then it did again when they turned off the end of the bike path in the direction I was continuing on to work. When I saw that, I considered the possibility that it was this guy I work with that I often think I like until he once again says something that reminds me that I don't. He lives close enough to me that we would follow the same route into work and had mentioned that he had ridden in before. Wouldn't it be fun to pass him on a bike?!

Well, I eventually passed HER, but only because she stopped to get a drink. It did mean I upped my pace by a few seconds, but beyond that, it was all just a mind game.

berryblondeboys
06-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Thanks all! I don't quite know what I'm feeling about it. Part of me is in shock because it was 1.2 pound drop overnight (which does happen for me this time of the month), but it's also a bit anticlimactic. I was at 201.8 for four days (during TTOM) and then I just kept going up and up and up until ovulation and then I VERY slowly started to come down from that high. So much water weight messing with me that it sort of took the wind out of my sails in how I feel about finally hitting the one hundreds.

That doesn't make much sense, but I guess it's knowing I'll probably lose a little bit more and then have to face another 2.5 week long stall out. Why am I letting that bother me? Like why should I care that I stall out every month when in the end, the weight is coming off at a steady pace when looking at the big picture? What's up with my head?

So... I'm trying to enjoy this moment and I'm reallllllllly hoping it sticks tomorrow. Of course, I'm already over that with drinking and eating this morning, but that happens every day.

I haven't seen these weights for over a decade and I was only here for such a short time before I regained. I remember when I got over 200 pounds. It was the first year I was married. Now, after being married 17.5 years, I'm getting to below there and hopefully for GOOD.

amy3469
06-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Berry - Great job! That is awesome!

Okay, this morning I rode the s. bike 30 minutes (still feeling guilty about the chinese food from last night)
Breakfast: Carbmaster Vanilla yogurt, banana
Lunch will be: Carbmaster vanilla yogurt and an apple
Dinner probably: Salad with chicken
I will get another 30 minutes in on the bike this afternoon.
Then some sensible snack.

SMess
06-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Hey all! I'm new to this forum, but I'm super excited to get started!

Berry: Your onederland post was the first one I saw, so congrats! That's amazing! I hope to be there myself in a few months....

I'm trying to lose the weight for a bunch of reasons, not the least of which is my upcoming move to CA for grad school. I've gained 80lbs over the past three years of undergrad, and now that I'm starting over again I really want to do it without all of this (literal and figurative!) weight on my shoulders. I'm still pretty young, and I want to get myself into good habits ASAP.

That being said, my plan for today:

45 minute workout: Yoga Booty Ballet

Breakfast: Low-cal strawberry yogurt and an orange
Lunch: Spinach salad with chicken
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Meeting a friend at an Italian place for dinner.

The disaster potential for this is relatively high, since it's the first time I will have eaten out since starting my WL. I'm not a fan of pasta, so as long as I avoid the pizza, and stromboli, and calzone, and garlic knots, and mozzarella sticks, and.... oh boy. Salad it is!

iamerican
06-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Hello Everyone! Gah. I am so busy. and it is annoying. I just want some time to relax. This weekend will be much needed. My Weekly weighin was yesterday. I was down the pound i gained last week.

COngrats Berry!

Vixsin
06-28-2011, 11:21 AM
YOU DID IT!!!!!!

:cp::hat::cp::hat::cp::hat::cp::hat::cp::hat:

Live in the moment today, friend. It's official. Even if it bounces tomorrow, that doesn't matter. You have your spot now. Congrats! I know how amazing and in awe you must feel right now. I just would like to tell you that you have done a great job, despite fluctuations and random TOM gains. You have stayed strong and stuck on course. Enjoy today. YOU EARNED IT!!!!!

I'm proud to be on this journey with you. :high:

Vixsin
06-28-2011, 11:23 AM
I am down .6 today to 186.6. :) Dare I say that I think the lasting effects of the EVIL Mirena have worked their way out of my system? Dare I speak it's name?!?! TOM's due in town tomorrow. I am starting to feel like my pre-mirena self again....oh..could it be true? :crossed:

Found out over the weekend that my friend is going to be able to accompany me to my other friend's wedding in September! :yay: BIG yay's for that one. I didn't mind going stag because all of my friends are going to be there but it's always nice to have a date and someone by your side.

I realized something today. I am 11 lbs away from my subliminal goal to hit 175 by my friends wedding. I have faith and confidence that I'm going to achieve it. That makes me really happy.

Time to get some work done. I'll check back at lunch. Have an excellent morning! :grouphug:

elizabethyellow
06-28-2011, 12:53 PM
amy3469: Don’t feel too bad about the Chinese food slip. I am almost positive they put some special spice in it that makes it addictive and too hard to stop eating once you’re already enjoying the food. Good luck today!

alaskanlaughter: WOO lookin’ good foxy mama! And all your bear stories scare me! I would panic if I lived in bear country, I would not have the know-how and common sense to handle that situation!

sukale: I can’t even imagine having to monitor my blood sugar and then try and lose weight/do normal activities like you do! Kudos to you for taking care of yourself and making sure you stay healthy!

LarryH: Great job staying on plan yesterday! I wish you good luck with your plan today!

berryblondeboys: That’s a bummer, I’m sorry you couldn’t get into your class. Maybe someone will drop out and you will get in! :) OH I scrolled down more and saw your Onederland! At first I was like … did she mean to post that? What does she mean do I need to say anything? AND THEN I SAW YOUR TICKER. Great job lady! You rock!

still: Great job staying on plan yesterday! That trip to Lake Michigan sounds fun – good luck on your shift!

jomatho: Awesome to hear about your exercising and working up a sweat :) and welcome back to the new board! LOL

Diana3271: Sending good vibes your way; hopefully to send any bad TOM feelings outta here!

zoodoo613: Congrats on the 25%! I love your competitive streak – I have one too! :)

SMess: Hello and welcome to the board! I’m new(ish) as well, and I can tell you that this board is probably the most motivating one out there :)

iamerican: YAY good job on the pound loss!

vixsin: You can do it! 11 pounds is nothing for you :P

elizabethyellow
06-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Good morning everybody! Here's my breakdown of yesterday:

B: Nutrigrain Apple Bar: 120 Calories
L: Eating Right Spaghetti w/ Meat Sauce: 350 Calories
S: (1) Tootsie Roll (the long skinny kind), (1) Fun Size plain M&Ms: 160 calories
D: 6 oz chicken breast, 5 oz leftover roast beef, 2.5 cups white bean salad [all homemade]: 750 Calories
S: (1) Fudgesicle: 40 Calories

Total: 1420 Calories

It's frustrating that I ate relatively well, yet when I woke up this morning my stomach was all puffed out and looked as if I'd binged or something. What gives? Does anyone have any advice for eating changes? I feel like I must be doing something wrong here.

berryblondeboys
06-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Just got back from an aqua fitness class and I feel GREAT. I went up to the instructor lady afterwards and thanked her. I also told her I had hoped to get to a bodypump class today, but it was full, but that if you really work it in the water, you get a great workout. She said, "'I' can get a good strong workout in the water with the right routine and instructor. Water resistence can be as much as you want to make it." And it is so true. I feel it in my abs, my shoulders, my inner thighs and well everywhere.

I also feel much better and I am very, very excited to be under 200 pounds now! That number is such a HUGE mental number and I'm going to do everything in my power to never, ever see 200 again (except for the bouncing that might happen these first few days as I enter onederland).

In other news, I need a new swim suit. I have a new suit, but it doesn't work for aqua fitness (which I love). I have too much boobage for regular swimsuits and with all the jumping, I start to spill out over top. I need a high cut suit JUST for water aerobics.

Tomorrow is BodyStep.

alaskanlaughter
06-28-2011, 01:45 PM
BERRY CONGRATS on onederland!!! that is awesome!!

i'm just starting my day out today...was up alot last night, first for some unexplained noises in the house and then our 5 year old woke up and thought there was a spider in his bed so i had to take care of that and then he slept with us the rest of the night...and by "slept" i mean tossed, turned, kicked and head-butted me in his sleep lol

it rained HARD all night in my rainforest...i LOVE it! it's still raining outside...my veggies are getting lots of nice water today, hope the pumpkin vines continue to grow well...would love to get a pumpkin by the fall :D

i have 5 kids here today including my own son...they are all in the bedroom pretending "family" or "babies" or something that involves lots of crawling around and pretend-whining...it's cute, even the boys play lol

Blinky963
06-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Berry, Congrats on One-derland!! You worked hard for it!!

I was slightly off plan last week. We had an emergency road trip to AZ for my Father in laws funeral. Super sad and family drama. I didn't really go over calories but the trip was so erratic that we would starve all day and then eat one big meal- rarely real foods and too much soda. 3 days in my head was splitting open and my legs were cramping. I remember telling DH that I "really need some nutrients". I was able to turn it around and get some produce and a few gallons of water but my ankles were already swollen from the salt and sitting. we've been back a few days and I almost feel normal again.
Now to get back to the gym!! Just need to catch up on some lost sleep....

Larry H
06-28-2011, 03:01 PM
I just found a great site for anyone like me who is trying to limit sodium intake.

This site has numerous absolutly sodium free products for sale. Items like salt free pickles, relish, baking powder and many many more products that I have not been able to locate in a supermarket.

http://healthyheartmarket.com/absolutelysodiumfree.aspx

Larry

jeniansmom
06-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Well my cleanse lasted 2 meals haha but at least I didn't binge. I just really wanted protein so I added a little dairy and meat to my last meal of the day. Also I was annoyed b/c my blood sugar was still so high. Of course I was using very old test strips, so who knows, but that's a whole different topic.
Today has been rough between a super hectic day at work and my husband's foot hurting so badly that I finally talked him into coming in for an adjustment and they sent him for an xray before they would adjust him. Not a very big deal, but he's not a good patient :) so it's stressful. He will be fine, I will be fine, but I am definitely using it as an excuse for a lazy fast food lunch, which I know will just make me lazier but there it is. Not binging, just not making great choices. Need to do some journaling/goal-setting/planning and kick myself in the butt and get back to healthier choices and off this looooooong plateau.

Thanks for all the welcomes and good wishes. Congrats to those doing well...I saw a wonderful ONEderland goal reached...woohoo. And hugs to any of those struggling.

Jen

abbysue715
06-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Berry WOOHOO!!! Congratulations!:carrot:

zoodoo Sometimes the mind games can be a bit motivating!

amy I have been trying to work my way up to doing one workout on a consistent basis. Kudos on 2 in a day! Thats one of my goals. :)

Smess Hi! Welcome. Everyone here is so nice! And we love new people!:D Good luck with dinner tonight. Italian can be tricky!

Vixsin Im sorry you had such bad luck with Mirena. It was something I was considering and the more reading I did on it the more I decided against it.

larry Woohoo! Im glad you found that site. My grandpa couldn't have any sodium in his diet right before one of his surgeries and my mom had a heck of a time cooking for him. I'll have to let her know about this site. Thanks.

Jen I find that when I want to use the craziness of life as an excuse that I will NEVER get back on plan. Isn't it funny how we spend so much time trying to convince ourselves that what we are doing is acceptable. Good for you for realizing it though. Thats always hard for me.

Yesterday was a good day. I went to my first OA meeting. I think I am the youngest one there by about 15 years though. Nevertheless, it was a wonderful experience and I am glad I went. I have already gotten called by two people from last night just to further introduce themselves and get to know me a little more. My bodybugg has me at 2476 for yesterday. Food was good.
B: .75 cup of uncle sam cereal
.75 cup of 2% milk
L: chicken breast and 1 cup pasta salad
S: yogurt, cheese stick, and 1/3 of a chicken breast
D: smoothie made with reg. yogurt,spinach,mango,pineapple, .50 cup trop50 orange juice and 2 packets truvia

Today I did a workout video from netflix. We get our netflix through the ps3 so there is a ton of different workout videos I can choose from. I was not able to do everything in the video but I didnt stop moving the entire time. :D My goal for today is to beat yesterdays bodybugg number by 100 so Im shooting for 2576.

Have a good day everyone!!!:cheer2:

berryblondeboys
06-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Returned a fitness top and got a hot pink swim suit instead. Pretty much an even exchange, so that's good for the pocketbook too. This one: (was on sale at Dick's Sporting goods for $30) http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/swimshop/onepiecesuits/PRD~766122/Reebok+Shirred+OnePiece+Swimsuit++Womens+Plus.jsp? prtID=pfx&src=k108283&cm_mmc=Performics-_-Affiliate-_-ShopStyle.com-_-Primary

Just stepped on the scale and I'm 201.2 fully dressed (bra, undies, heavier shorts and summer shirt). Hopefully that means I'll see a no more 200s in the morning and I hope VERY soon never to see a 200+ even when dressed.

still
06-28-2011, 06:03 PM
First of all, Congrats, Melissa, on Onederland!!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: You did it!

abbysue: I love the workout videos on netflix. When I'm in the mood for something different I just scroll through and find something new.

Jen: Sounds like you are busy! Don't let that stop you... even if your choices aren't the best, try at least for better!

Larry: hi! :wave: Glad you are getting back on track!

Blinky- Hi! :wave: Sorry to hear about your father in law. Good job getting back into the swing of everything!

Alaskanlaughter: I know just what you mean about sleeping with your son. DH and I shared a bed with our little man exactly once, on a quick hotel stop during a long drive. We didn't want to get out the pack n play, so we popped him into bed with us. After getting a foot in the ear and an elbow to the nose, we learned what a "great" idea that was. I'm sure he slept great, at least! :D

elizabethyellow: Did you drink enough water?

vixsin: yay! You can totally make 11 lbs. No sweat. Just keep going!

iamerican: Sending relaxing thoughts to you. Its a busy week for me as well, and I just keep telling myself "one day closer to the weekend" :)

SMess: welcome! Good luck tonight with the italian! sending you some :dust:

amy: hi! :wave:

zoodoo: rock on for riding your bike to work! I play games like that all the time.

Diana3271: I like your attitude towards maintenance. It's very practical. I'm so glad to be able to learn from you.

jomatho: rock on for getting so much exercise this week! you are awesome! I think your plan is good... just keep going!

darius: hi! :wave:

Things here are good... I'm feeling a bit snacky today (TTOM) and not willing to give in because I'm not hungry AT ALL. Just want to eat to eat. So I'm typing to you guys and drinking hot tea.

I'm thinking about maybe starting a class at my gym. I've never done a class before. Anything you guys really like? Is it hard to keep up at first?

aggie2006
06-28-2011, 06:34 PM
congrats melissa!!!!!!

berryblondeboys
06-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Thank you everyone. it really is such a huge milestone. It also marks 55 pounds lost - 25 more to go to hit my 'initial' goal. Also today I started the day with realizing I had already worked out 200 hours so far this year (now it's 201). That's 201 I normally would have sat on my arse.

darius
06-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Melissa congratulations on Onederland!

amy3469
06-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Wow, it sounds like everyone is doing great! I'm proud of all of us!!

Okay, so I was going to do 20-30 minutes this afternoon on the bike, I ended up with 45 min. and 17 miles. It actually just felt really good, so I just kept going. Thank god for the DVR though, it would be so boring to just pedal with no entertainment!
Now, to fix dinner. Hope everyone keeps having a good day!

mamakat
06-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Awesome Job, Congratulations Melissa!!!!!:carrot::bravo::cb::cp::hat::dance: :dancer::high::cheer2::cheer3::congrat::broc: :cheer: :celebrate:

mamakat
06-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Good Evening All,
I did not get to exercise today :( I had to see my shrink :( He's a meanie. He told me that I should cut out my carbs. I said I can't drink, I'm not allowed to mingle with a lot of people, spending money is frowned on, I've cut my calories and have stopped eating sweets...how could he ask me to get rid of carbs too. In what part of my life do I get to have something to enjoy? I was disappointed that he didn't ask how I was doing on calorie counting and working out. Because I think I'm doing great. I'm losing weight and feeling great shouldn't that be my goal? Ugh. He also gave me a challenge to try to find an even ground about how I feel about myself. For as long as I've known myself I have been to both sides of the extremes with how I feel about myself. Younger I was my worst critic. During my "thin" period I thought I was hot stuff. Now I go back and forth...I'm either overconfident or underconfident and to be honest I don't think I can find a middle ground. I wouldn't know how. So I guess he'll have to be disappointed when I see him next... I will be fierce, less heavy and active without going carb-free. He can take it or leave it. Or he can tell me how to see myself as just a regular person...I have never ever been regular (and I don't want to be)
Stay strong and healthy. :)

sukale
06-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Melissa LOVE the hot pink!!!

I did pretty good today. I gotta start eating more veggies. I just don't really like them at all.

B Special K w/strawberries and milk (not a lot when you measure it out, I guess I am used to eating at least 2 servings at a time)
L Protein Bar
S 4 Ritz crackers and 4 Hershey kisses (needed sweet and salty)
D Chicken, corn and mashed potatoes
S 1 scoop of Bryers ice cream

I got my walk on with Leslie too, 2 miles. Drank 2 diet sodas. Trying to switch to more water.

A little TMI about my day. My little girl is potty training and missed the inside of the potty and made a mess all over the potty seat and her self. How in the world did she sit on the potty but not make it in???? So I half way cleaned it up, put her in the shower, got her dressed then cleaned the rest up. The whole time my 12 yr old daughter is gagging at the smell. LOL My dull boring life sometimes isn't boring enough.

jomatho
06-28-2011, 08:44 PM
We only had one 9 inning game tonight instead of 2 6 inning games, so I am home earlier than usual and had this sudden feeling that I should check in on the boards and I saw that
MELISSA GOT TO ONDERLAND TODAY!!!!
:carrot::bravo::cp::cb::dance::flow2::dancer::chee r2::congrat::broc::cheer::rofl:I am so happy for you! I am glad that as the day went on, you got more excited about it. And 55 pound mark too? WOW! What a day, congratulations! :woohoo: I am so excited for you! Just wait until the first time you have to state or write down your weight and then it will sink in and feel more exciting.

jeniansmom
06-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Amy - great job on the exercise today! I remember those days when exercising felt so good I kept going! I am looking forward to getting to that point again. Thanks for the inspiration!

Larry H
06-28-2011, 09:35 PM
still - That trip and the bike rides sound like they will be great!! Enjoy!!

jomatho - Great job with your exercise!!

Diana3271 - Congrats on the .4 loss

Melissa - Again, huge congrats on hitting Onederland!!

Zoodoo613 - Congrats on reaching 197.6 and a quarter of the way to your goal!!

amy3469 - Wow!! Looks like you are eating very low cal and low carb.

SMess - Welcome!! I think that you will find this to be a great forum!!

iamerican - For me busy is good, I don't get bored and start looking in the refrigerator when I am busy

Vixsin - You are doing great!! Down down .6 ? That is great work!! I don't remember if I told you how great your new avatar and your smile is.

elizabethyellow - Great job staying on plan. I get puffed up from too much sodium. You may want to track your sodium to see if you are high.

alaskanlaughter - Rain Forest? That's great! The only time I was in Alaska it was not raining. Of course it was the middle of February. As I remember it your state was mostly a white color.

Blinky963 - Road trips can be difficult to stay on plan and emergency trips much more. Great job under difficult circumstances.

jeniansmom - Great work resisting a binge!!

abbysue715 - I hope that site helps your grandfather keep his sodium under control.

aggie2006 - Hi

darius - Hi

amy3469 - Gongrats on the 45 min. and 17 miles.

mamakat - I like the new avatar!!

sukale - Made me laugh. Kids will be kids.

I was on plan today for calories and sodium. 1421 calories and 1176 sodium.

Best of all the scale moved!! I lost 2 pounds down to 228 :carrot::D:carrot:

Larry,

alaskanlaughter
06-28-2011, 09:39 PM
larry - where in alaska did you go when you came up here? i grew up in Interior alaska and spent alot of time in Fairbanks...i live in Juneau now, southeast alaska, and the farthest south i've ever lived...i've never lived outside of alaska, born and raised in AK

shishkeberry
06-28-2011, 09:49 PM
So DF and I got into a fight about money today and I was dumb and binged after he went to work. I had a jr bacon cheeseburger, a grilled chicken sandwich, a side salad, and a diet coke from wendy's. So I made better choices than I would have two months ago (it would have been a fried chicken sandwich and fries instead of the salad) , but still not cool. Even with dinner I'm under my calories for the day, but the sodium is crazy. And my calorie counter got an upgrade to crappiness so I had to find a new one. It's not the same! :(

Diana3271
06-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi Everyone! I felt better during my workout today than I did yesterday. TTOM kicked my butt yesterday. Hopefully the worst is over for now.

Zoodoo Your bike story reminds me of one of the days I was mall walking. I walked into the mall and there was a walker coming around. I decided it would be fun to walk with her. Yeah, Right! I found out she was about 75 years old. I was huffing and puffing trying to keep up with her. On top of that she was talking to me. What?! I could barely breathe and keep up with her and she was wanting to talk! Again, how old with this woman? Yep, she was 75 years old! :lol: Put me to shame!

Amy Great plan for the day.

SMess Hi and Welcome to the check in! :wave: How did dinner go? Italian can be a tough one.

Erica Great job on that pound!

Vixsin Congrats on the .6. I'm still enjoying that beautiful smile in your new avatar. :hug:

Elizabethyellow Do you think white bean salad could cause you to bloat? It could be the beans.

Alaskanlaughter I hope you and the little one sleeps better tonight.

Blinky I think getting caught up on your sleep with also help with the swelling. I know when I'm on plan but don't get enough sleep, I wake up a little swollen. Hang in there. It will pass.

Larry Thanks for that link. Great job on the 2 pounds. Maybe the extra food helped your body in some way.

Jeniansmom Hi :wave: How is your DH's foot doing now?

Abbysue I'm glad the OA meeting went well.

Berry I like the swim suit. Hopefully it will work out better for you.

Still I say go to the class at the gym! I always liked going to the classes. What do they offer?

Amy3469 Great job on riding the bike longer, and the 17 miles!

Mamakat Hang in there. :hug:

Sukale Your post about your DD gagging made me laugh. DH can see a baby with a diaper on and start gagging. He will swear it stinks and the baby has a dirty diaper. Don't even let him see a baby with a snotty nose. That's a gag fest, too. :lol: No we don't have any children. I knew who would be taking care of them. :lol: ;)

Shishkeberry Sorry about your rough day. Tomorrow is a new day. You were still under your calories. You could have done so much worse. :hug:

Diana3271
06-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Total Approx 1440 + Morning Joe

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Chicken Tacos 600 calories
Veggies 100 Calories

Exercise
KCM's 30 MTF TLC (Workout #2 Conditioning w/weighted gloves standing portion)
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

Serbrider
06-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Hey guys! Back on track and wanting to STAY on it this time... *whistles*

I could have already lost the weight by this time if I had just stuck with it to begin with... *sigh* Always seems to be that way though...

I'm sorta doing my own kind of IF... but yeah. Not going into that. Just trying to stay below 1500 calories per day.

Today has been good so far... (already have dinner planned out... even though I haven't eaten it yet...):

Total: 1440 kCal

Lunch - Panda Express plate with Mushroom and Orange Chicken - 1040 kCal
Dinner - salad with marinade dressing - 200 kCal
Snacks - 100 ounces Diet Coke (you don't wanna know... ) - 0 kCal
Captain's Wafers Grilled Cheese crackers - 200 kCal

So yeah... overall... not exactly the healthiest day... but I'm full and satisfied, and under my calories for the day.

Oh... and I also ran in place (I was at work... so couldn't do a whole lot) for around 10-15 minutes, and did a mixture of pushups, squats, and lunges for around 8-10 minutes. Might put on a kickboxing video or something and do a bit more. Haven't yet decided...

So yeah... going well!

It's 8:20... haven't eaten my dinner yet... and... I'm really not hungry... and might stay up a few more hours and go to bed... but I'm not at all hungry... should I get up and eat the dinner anyways? Or just not because I'm not hungry?

K9Owner
06-28-2011, 11:13 PM
:flow1: Yaaa Melissa on achieving Onederland!!! :flow1:

I am SO proud for you! I am excited to know I can share in this awesome victory with you.
Thanks for sharing your life and your story with all of us!
What an inspiration!

Serbrider
06-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Well... decided to not eat the salad... just not at all hungry. So... total calorie intake for the day is 1240... which I'm fine with. :)

K9Owner
06-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Today was a FABULAIRE day for me!

:devil: work food
Toasty PB Crackers (6 pk), Lance Van-O-Lunch Cookies (6 pk) 410
Cottage Cheese w/Polaner All Fruit 90
Powerbar: 360
Greek Yogurt w/Polaner All Fruit, SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll, Silerís Mixed Beans 435
Total: 1295

Water: 72 Oz
:running: 475 :woohoo:

52 ďjunkyĒ carbs at work, but I completely made up for that pathetic choice outside on the pavement! There is NOTHING like a runnerís high! I :love: it!!

Down 3 of the 5 from TOM and the weekend. I'll be glad when he packs his bags and hits the ROAD! Today, I felt so much better--no cramping, cravings, mood swings, or irritability. I don't feel near as bloated either--thank the good Lord!! I'll be back in a bit for personals-I have to get fuel before it closes :)

SMess
06-28-2011, 11:50 PM
Well, I ended up with half of a meatball parm sub and a handfull of onion rings... clearly not the best possible option, but at 1400 calories for the day I don't think it was too much of a car crash (I did my workout this morning, too, so that should help soften the blow).

Mamakat: I love your resolution not to squeeze yourself into someone else's definition of 'normal'. Normal is BORING! Normal is average, it's basic, it's like white paint! What would the world be like without variation, complexity, color? Nothing special! If 'normal' could actually define us, then we would all lose weight the exact same way because most weight-loss advice is geared toward the 'normal' person. But as we all know, you have to tailor your workout and your diet plan to your own body. It's the advice I see over and over again on these forums - whatever plan you decide to do, whatever goals you set, make them something that works for YOU.

Stay strong, and lots of love! You're doing great!

K9Owner
06-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Ok, this forum took flight from when I left Monday.

A few personals before bed :)

MamaKat: Doctors are people with opinions. They can offer great advice, but they DO NOT have the answers for everyone ALL of the time. If youíre planning to exercise at all, See how your body reacts with the lower carb option..as for me, I DEFO canít do cardio without my oats. I have zero energy! I do think there are many highly processed carbs that are sinful and make losing weight more difficult, but for anyone to say ďcut carbs completelyĒ?? Thatís practically impossible.

Hi Smess, Blinky, Serbrider, Aggie (missed you), Darius, Amy, Sukale, Vix

Diana32: Letís both give TOM a :kickbutt: Heís been a nuisance this monthóI think we can totally double team him!! :lol: Glad youíre feeling better ;)

Shishkeberry: I canít stand that part of my lifestyle change that allows me to make poor choices after being involved in some type of discord! :hug:

Larry: Great job getting back OP so quickly!

One thing Iíve learned from so many wise people here and other elsewhere is: You DONĒT have to wait for a Monday, the beginning of the month, New Yearís Day, or any other ďspecialĒ day to get back on plan. It can start immediately after you go off planólike with the next meal. Same is true with exercise. I :love: that concept!!

Alaskan: It takes a special gift to occupy the time of so many young children all at once! :bravo: on your patience!!!

Jen: Sending you a little extra :dust:

AbbySue: Remind me what OA is again. I canít keep up wif all these acronyms!

Nikki: I loved classes when I was a member of our local gym. I loved high impact aerobicsóBody Pump, Bench, Body Combat. They have so many new ones all the time. Many of the steps are similar, just watch a few youtube vids a couple days before you go. You will do fine. I would suggest getting behind someone whoís mastered the routine, so that you can follow them. It is a little difficult to keep up with the instructors if youíre new when they are facing you.

Jo: Are you still running? You deleted the running ticker :(
Some of you all are so tall, I wonder if I should drop my goal weight to 130?

iUSAn: :yay: on the lb lost! :love: that!!

Elizabeth: Do you calculate your sodium intake? My tummy does this sometimes when I eat a higher calorie sodium day.

All for now. Iím so sleepy!!

IsabellaOlivia
06-29-2011, 01:58 AM
Yesterday I consumed 1232 calories ( Tuesday)
My sleeping routine has been crazy. I went to bed around 10 pm, and managed to sleep until 4 am. It's a good improvement from sleeping 10 am- 5 pm.

alaskanlaughter
06-29-2011, 02:05 AM
i ended my day at 48 carbs plus some strawberries just now when i got home from the store...was a nice quiet rainy day and the kids played mostly inside, playing "camping" in the dark bedroom, watching movies, building with Legos, and doing watercolors...my high carbs were from a few bites of "not so healthy" stuff like kids' food and a cookie...my stomach hurt all day too, possibly because i ate a few sugar-free chocolates this morning, possibly because one of the kids has a stomach bug also...i'm not sure...i just LOVE it when it rains hard, it rained so hard it was bouncing off the pavement in front of our yard...i can see clouds moving across the sky from near the mountains and the mountains are shrouded behind clouds...what a nice night!

mlgibson
06-29-2011, 02:47 AM
Hello all! I'm new here, but figured I needed to start somewhere.

I had a pretty good day. I had been stuck in my weight for a few days, but weighed in at 173.6 so I was pleased. Had a good day calorie wise, didn't go over 1,500.

I didn't exercise today, which is normally walking my niece and dog. I know that isn't much, but I plan to increase it very soon.

I am hoping to be 170 by the end of next week. *Crosses fingers*

Blinky963
06-29-2011, 03:03 AM
Welcome mlgibson!

Larry & Diana, thanks! My ankles are back to normal! I find that even if I'm perfect on plan-without proper sleep I don't see good results.

So, back to the gym tomorrow! Big bike ride planned w/ DH on Saturday and maybe some garage sale hunting!

IsabellaOlivia
06-29-2011, 03:05 AM
Mlgibson: Don't beat yourself up over a few days on the same weight, especially in the 170's. It doesn't mean anything.

Diana3271
06-29-2011, 07:20 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

I woke up an hour earlier than the alarm clock. I tend to have sleep issues during TTOM. I'm thinking positive, I still got 7 hours of sleep, which is not bad. Some people don't even get 7 hours on a good day. So I will take it! I think the water weight gain from TTOM has finally caught up with me, since I was up this morning on the scale.

Weigh In: 144.2
Up: 1 pound (TTOM)

Serbrider Hi and Welcome Back! :wave: Good to see you.

K9 Great job on your day. I hear you on kicking TTOM's butt! I had 2 visits this month from him for some reason. I am done! Please move on! ;)

Smess You did very well. Especially being faced with an Italian restaurant! Great job.

IsabellaOlivia Hi :wave:

Alaskanlaughter I think most sugar free candy contains sugar alcohol. I think it can cause gastrointestinal problems. :D I hope you feel better this morning.

Mlgibson Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Blinky I'm glad the swelling has gone down. That's an uncomfortable feeling.

jeniansmom
06-29-2011, 07:40 AM
hmm..time to speak the truth to myself.
Yesterday was a day that i ate like I normally eat. Meaning I didn't binge but I wasn't making good choices at all. Just eating what was easy and what I wanted without thinking about it's value for my body. It was a bit worse than usual b/c I ate take out for 2 meals, but still. It was a day of the kind that has been keeping me at 266 for months.
I just counted my cals and carbs...and here is my truth..3600 calories and 406g carbs.
For now, I am just going to start there. Be conscious of my choices and speak the truth to myself about what I am putting into my body.

I wish a happy, healthy day to all :)
Jen

berryblondeboys
06-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Well, it stuck! (for now! LOL) 199.6 this morning! Woohoo!

I went to sign up for BodyStep last night and I saw that BodyPump (the class following it) still had openings, so I signed up for that too. I think I'm a bit crazy because BodyStep REALLLLLLLY pushes me to my max, but I figurered the first time I do bodyPump I should be concentrating on form and learning about what it is and how it goes with very little weight, so maybe I won't die? 2 hours of exercise in a row is something I've never done formally since I was a teenager on Swim team. Yes, I can work in my yard for hours and hours, but this is quite different.

Eek! Plus, weight training might make me hold water, but if it does, I will NOT freak out because I will know it's just water and temporary.

On Friday they don't double them up like that. I'll have to find another time to take it as I'm pretty sure once a week isn't very helpful!

amy3469
06-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Morning all! Hi Mlgibson! This thread is great, you'll love it!

Did 20 minutes on the s.bike this morning. Hopefully will get another 20-30 minutes in, but might not. Busy, crazy day today.
Breakfast: Carb yogurt, banana
Lunch will be yogurt and an apple
Dinner:..... not sure!

I'll drink my water, and be careful.
Weighed this morning, the scale was the same, which bummed me out. It probably shouldn't though, just finished TOM. But, I did put on a pair of dress pants this morning for work that fit great! 2 weeks ago, they were too tight. So, that made me feel better!
Have a great day everyone! Be back later.

jomatho
06-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Good morning! Well, guess who is finally back to 183 after about a week and a half of clawing tooth and nail to get there? :yay: I do have to admit that I was secretly hoping to just bypass it totally to a new low because I felt so much thinner when I woke up this morning, but hey I made it back and now I can concentrate on getting to the 170s.
Yesterday, I went for my walk with my friend and then came back and got on the treadmill for 2 miles running. I also ran around a lot yesterday so I burned some good calories. Eating was on plan.
Today, going for a walk here shortly and then I have to get the house and pool ready because my son in having some friends over for a little gathering. He will help me when he wakes up, but most of it I will do.
Then tonight, my friend invited me to a purse party that I am going to try to go to as long as DH gets home in time because I don't want to leave those teenagers here alone, that could be a disaster.
K9, yes still running, just not every day and not to the extent I was last month. My ticker was a May goal of 80 miles (which I achieved, yay me). There are so many options for exercise now that the weather is nicer, so I am mixing it up more now, but I totally know what you mean about the runners high, nothing like it and that sweat dripping uncontrollably down your face and neck, love it!!!
I have to go, sorry still not enough time for personals, but I do enjoy reading everyones successes and stumbles, I get so much out of it, you wouldn't believe! Thanks for being there everyone!
Have a great day, one good decision after another!

shishkeberry
06-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Welcome, mlgibson! And good morning everyone. 268 this morning and today is gym day and grocery day. I'm going to go out and buy lots of yummy healthy things. Have a good day, all.

zoodoo613
06-29-2011, 09:37 AM
Aren't whooshes fun! 196.4 this morning! 3 lbs lower than last week, and 5 straight days of a loss which means I'm ripe for a rebound, but I'll take the smaller number when I see it!

Rode the bike in again today. This is a habit I should get into. It remains to be seen whether I will or not.

SMess
06-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Hey all!

K9Owner: Thanks for the welcome! I hope you got a good night's sleep - I think that's probably the most important part of all this (for me, anyway). Otherwise I'm definitely a little loopy :crazy:

IsabellaOlivia: My brother's in the middle of transitioning from a night job to a day job, and it's killing him! I wish you all the best in trying to get things straightened out! :cloud9:

Diana: Thanks for the support! I'm proud of not crashing and burning - now it's on to July 4th!:thanks: Glad to hear you got some decent zzzzs!

Jen: I know EXACTLY how you feel. I was in the same pattern of eating choices all through college, averaging about 3500 calories a day. It is so, so hard to be honest with yourself about it, but I think telling other people makes it real enough that it can't be easily pushed aside (I can be a pro at making calorie counts disappear). It took a long time for me to be able to make consistently healthy choices, but now that I am I couldn't be prouder of myself. Knowing at the end of the day that everything you've put into your body has been healthy and nutritional is an amazing feeling! Just don't get too discouraged - baby steps are the only steps! Congratulations on being brave enough to be honest :bravo: and good luck with today!

Berry: Hooray! :carrot: I'm glad the water weight isn't messing up your mojo.

Amy: I know it can be a bummer when the scale doesn't show the progress you know your making :faint:, but thank goodness we have things like pants sizes to back us up!

jomatho: :congrat: Congrats on getting back down! I think having a night out is a great way to celebrate... I hope you and your son have a great evening!

shishkeberry: I hope your workout goes well, and have fun at the store! :carrot:

zoodoo: Congrats on the loss! Bike riding is one of my favorite things to do, but just make sure you have a comfy seat. I made that mistake, and boy was my tush sore the next day :faint:

SO, my goals for the day:

Breakfast: Yogurt and an orange
Lunch: Low-carb turkey sub
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Hamburger without the bun, sides unkown

Evening: 30 minute walk around the neighborhood

Plus lots and lots of water... I skimped on it a little yesterday, and boy did I have a headache by the end of the day.

Off to work - an awkward summer between college and grad school means I am currently the queen of odd-jobs. At the moment I'm painting the interior of a new H&R Block in Frenchtown, NJ. If you've never been in one, it has the most..... interesting shade of green I've ever seen on a wall. Yes, I think interesting is the word I'll stick with.... :tape:

Have a great day, all! Keep up the good work!

GainingWeightInLa
06-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Just a quick drop in to post the NEW LOW I saw this morning. I had weigh in last night with only a 0.6 lb drop for the week. Was feeling pretty bummed about it....it took me down to 191.4. I guess the woosh was just waiting for this morning....I woke up to 188.4!!! First time I've seen the 180's!!! :cloud9: Hope I don't mess it up with the holiday weekend. We have out of town plans with another family who REALLY likes to snack/eat a lot. I'm nervous. Hoping DH and I can keep each other in check.

Dunno when I'll be back around.....seems I'm not doing so great at that lately. :( Sure miss you guys though. One day I'll be back regularly....hopefully that day will come sooner rather than later. Hope you all are doing well.....I'm gonna go do some catch up reading here! :D

themilesawaygirl
06-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi everyone! I've been MIA for a while as I went to a festival last Wednesday and then started thinking too much about this whole weight loss journey of mine. I think with this thread especially, I was getting too caught up and worried about posting personals, and thought it was rude for me not to. I was considering leaving all together as I thought I wasn't being a good enough support to everyone else, and it was taking literally hours out of my day when I was supposed to be working, doing chores or spending time with my BF. I've since been thinking that I can post on here without having to catch up with absolutely everything else, and then if I happen to have some spare time I can try and get in some personals. I'm in a weird place with my lifestyle right now, trying to work out how to control my food and exercise but still be happy. That's all from me, rant over!

shishkeberry
06-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Milesaway, that was my problem last week. I've found that short posts help me stay on track, so that's what I'm doing.

Diana3271
06-29-2011, 10:58 AM
themilesawaygirl Hi! :wave: It's good to see you. Do the best you can with your posts. We can't always do personals. We don't always have the time. Do what motivates you to help you reach your goals.

zoodoo613
06-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi everyone! I've been MIA for a while as I went to a festival last Wednesday and then started thinking too much about this whole weight loss journey of mine. I think with this thread especially, I was getting too caught up and worried about posting personals, and thought it was rude for me not to. I was considering leaving all together as I thought I wasn't being a good enough support to everyone else, and it was taking literally hours out of my day when I was supposed to be working, doing chores or spending time with my BF. I've since been thinking that I can post on here without having to catch up with absolutely everything else, and then if I happen to have some spare time I can try and get in some personals. I'm in a weird place with my lifestyle right now, trying to work out how to control my food and exercise but still be happy. That's all from me, rant over!

I have trouble with personals too. The time involved, my inability to easily express what I'm trying to say in writing, it all gets to be too much. I do read everyone, and enjoy doing it. I figure I'll respond when I can, and no one is obligated to respond, or even read what I've written, so I'll just keep posting.

Vixsin
06-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Just a quick check in for now.

I'd like to thank TOM for the random 2lb gain this morning bringing me to 188.6. Thank you for my random gain the day before the last day of the month. Thank you for that. LOL

Hope everyone is well. BB @ lunch.

jomatho
06-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Personals is not a requirement on this thread! Just look at it as a place to come to be accountable. I haven't had the time or energy to do them lately either, and that is okay. Like Diana said, use it however you need to to reach your goals!!! Just remember, you posting about your day, your food, exercise, success or slipups helps not just us, but all the other people cruising through and reading, so you are giving, even when you don't think so! Just keep posting and stick with your plan!

Larry H
06-29-2011, 12:03 PM
I am in a great mood today!!:carrot: I am obviously having a major whoosh and losing the sodium induced water weight I have been holding on to for far too long.

I went 14 days with not an ounce of weight lost and today is the second day in a row with a 2 pound drop. 2 pounds yesterday and 2 pounds today makes 4 pounds in two days!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

A new low of 226 and I am 9 pounds away from losing 100 pounds since January 6, 2011 :carrot::carrot:

Larry,

amy3469
06-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Fantastic Larry!!! Great job! :)

GainingWeightInLa
06-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Larry......I feel like all I ever say to you is, "Wow! That's amazing!" Your story is an amazing one......have you ever thought about doing motivational speaking for weight loss groups?

Serbrider
06-29-2011, 12:56 PM
207.0 as of this morning! Haven't seen that low of a number since last summer! Yippee!!

:D

elizabethyellow
06-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Oy. Yesterday was going well - and then it suddenly wasn't!

I went to the doctor's and was weighed - 150. Okay, I figured that was just my body evening out. I was eating well...

B: Nutrigrain bar (120 cals)
S: Nutrigrain bar (120 cals) Those things are YUMMY!

Then the doctor's appointment, which was slightly traumatic but it's TMI so I don't want to go into detail, lol. So after that, I was encouraged to go out to lunch with my best friend - by now it was 4:30 so it was basically lunch and dinner combined. Maybe that's why I splurged!

L/D: Olive Garden salad (1 serving), Breadsticks (2 servings), Chicken & Gnocchi soup (2 servings) - 1150 calories

And then, because I am DUMB!

Dessert: Black Tie Mousse Cake - 700 calories

What! What! NO! Man I went nuts yesterday. I mean, it was DELICIOUS, but I'm not sure it was worth the calories. Yesterday was a totally crazy day at 2090 calories... I need to reign it in the rest of the week and HOPEFULLY stay at 150... when I was aiming for 146 :( boo.

berryblondeboys
06-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Way to go LarryH you seem to either not lose or lose big! Good job!

For me I just did an hour of body step ( I didn't do almost any propulsion except for the jumping jacks and jumps over the step lengthwise) and then I did an hour of body pump. I stuck to low weights for most of it and medium weight for parts of it. Some of it I could have added a bit of weight where in other places, it was just right. My arms feel like rubber, so I guess it was good. I liked it and way more doable than I feared it would. Plus the instructor was really good about good form which helped me a lot. Yay me on two straight hours of vigorous exercise!

alaskanlaughter
06-29-2011, 01:39 PM
still raining like crazy in my rainforest :) my veggies like it though...so do i...i love quiet, foggy rainy days...the scale has bounced back up a bit from when i was consistently losing weight last week...i blame this entirely on soreness from biking and a few nights of crappy sleep...i havent changed my eating, but i think when i'm sore and not sleeping well, it has an effect...had our younger son in our bed again last night and he was so restless that every time i fell asleep, he'd elbow me in the head again...i eventually moved to sleep with my head at the foot of our bed and slept, not great sleep but at least i slept...

someone mentioned about the sugar free candy having sugar alcohols...my tummy feels better today so i do blame that, and the bug going around...i know sugar alcohols dont sit well with me and i hardly EVER eat those candies because of it...last time i had some was months ago so it's definitely NOT a habit, which is probably just as well...if it didnt hurt me, i'm sure i'd have them more often lol

abbysue715
06-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Food was good yesterday and the scale is down .5 from last week. Pretty awesome since I overindulged this past weekend.
B:grapenuts and yogurt
s: pasta salad
L: chicken breast and pasta salad
S:yogurt and grapenuts
S: Hot cheese and baked chips
D: Green breans, mashed potatoes, and chicken breast

I did another workout video this morning. Same one as yesterday and I can already do more today:D:D

Jen Bravo for being honest with yourself!!! It is what it is. Now you know you can improve it. :hug:

Melissa Two workout classes in a row?!?!? You are my hero!:wl:

Amy I would starve to death if thats all I ate. You go girl!!!

shishkeberry I LOVE being the one to do the grocery shopping! Unfortunately DH does it most of the time. But I get to do the really big one once a month. Its next weekend for us. I am already excited!

Smess They sure are GREEN aren't they? Good luck staying on plan today!

Diana 180's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot:

Milesaway I'm still trying to find my balance too! Its such a game of trial and error. We will get there though!:p

Baby is awake now. Sorry I didnt get to everyone! HAve a good on plan day people!!!:dizzy:

shishkeberry
06-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Good job Larry!
@abby, yeah I love to go grocery shopping. My DF is not very good at it, so I don't trust him. He'd come home with nothing but junk and velveeta. I like doing it because it's 1-2 hours with no one bugging me and no children yelling at me lol.

alaskanlaughter
06-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Good job Larry!
@abby, yeah I love to go grocery shopping. My DF is not very good at it, so I don't trust him. He'd come home with nothing but junk and velveeta. I like doing it because it's 1-2 hours with no one bugging me and no children yelling at me lol.

soooo lucky to get to go grocery shopping without children around! *jealous* for some reason, both my kids LOVE to grocery shop with me, including the other random children that always seem to be around (friends, nephew, etc)...we also had custody of our niece's baby for awhile and i took her shopping every time too...

my older son thinks if he goes shopping with me, that i will buy him something expensive (he's 13)....i don't but that's never discouraged him lol...my younger son (5) is very much attached to his mommy and daddy and always wants to go too

if i want to shop alone, i will sneak off in the evenings for my "alone time" at walmart LOL!

shishkeberry
06-29-2011, 04:02 PM
I go while my son (6) is at day camp or school and leave the baby home with DF. There have been rare occasions where I had to take both and it was awful. My DS doesn't behave really well and DD hates the car seat and being worn and she can't walk yet. Yuck yuck yuck, I hate it. Neither of them are peaceful travellers. :(

alaskanlaughter
06-29-2011, 04:15 PM
is your daughter old enough to sit in the front of the cart with the strap yet? when we had custody of our niece's baby, she was 9 months old and just barely big enough to sit in the front of the cart strapped in but she LOVED it!....she was very little for her age, undernourished, and couldn't even barely sit up at 8 months old when we got custody of her...

my older son is diagnosed ADHD and was QUITE the handful when he was little....i always would put him in the cart with a snack and that would keep him from running away in the store or wandering off...luckily my 5 year old is not so hyper, is very attached to me, and will listen pretty well in the store...he also helps take all our recycling to the recycle center with me and sorts it out with me :) so i like that

shishkeberry
06-29-2011, 04:21 PM
I bet she could sit in the cart. We've never tried it. My DS is too big for carts now. He gets stuck lol

still
06-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Hey everybody! Just popping in to say that I weighed in at 166 today! I'm pretty impressed.... to drop a pound during TTOM might mean great things for next week, I dunno!

Great on plan day yesterday, food wise. I was going to go to the gym but ended up choosing to take a nice long walk with my DH and DS instead. Good times! My 3 year old DS got himself a "pet catalpa leaf". We had to make it a bed next to his bed and everything. That kid cracks me up, all the time.

I am going to try my hand at grilling tilapia tonight. Wish me luck!!

darius
06-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Larry......I feel like all I ever say to you is, "Wow! That's amazing!" Your story is an amazing one......have you ever thought about doing motivational speaking for weight loss groups?

It is pretty amazing.

IsabellaOlivia
06-29-2011, 08:19 PM
I consumed 1828 calories. Exercised 454 calories. Net calories= 1374. I had some beers with friend, which led to a lot of food being consumed, however since I worked out doing both Jillian Michaels - ripped in 30 and C25k in the morning, my calories for the day turned out okay.

As a collegekid it's hard to really watch the drinking. I just want to drink and be crazy, unfortunately it leads easily to a lot of calories.

berryblondeboys
06-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Nice to see you Darius!

alaskanlaughter
06-29-2011, 08:27 PM
ugh i dont feel so good today...it's weird, for awhile i feel fine, then i don't...i had some coffee and some breakfast and felt fine, had a few nibbles for lunch and then had ZERO appetite after that...i just found myself getting a little crabby at the kids, which is my cue that it's time to feed myself even if i wasn't hungry...so i had 2 small protein shakes that i made myself, and i find that i'm feeling better in terms of being crabby but i still dont feel "right"...i'm at 33 carbs for the day and i have a healthy dinner planned...but i still feel weird

Serbrider
06-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Lunch –
Honey Bunches of Oats with Coconut Milk – 350
Kurly Fries – 500

Dinner –
Burger Meat (no bun) – 150
Half an Avocado – 180
Fritos – 180
Ketchup – 45

Snack –
Ice Cream Pop – 150
2 Cans Dr. Pepper (should not have happened, I should have gone down and gotten myself a diet if I wanted a soda) – 300
Other (little nibbles of stuff along the way or something small I forgot) – 250

Total – 2105

Overall… not the best day. The real messups on my part were the Kurly Fries (I was SHOCKED when I looked them up and it said 500 calories… O_O and the 2 cans of Dr Pepper. If I hadn’t had those two things, I would have been at 1305. I really had been watching what I was eating, and trying to eat as little as possible… I just forgot about what things really were in regards to calories. My own fault… won’t happen again. :) But let’s just say that I’m done eating for the day. :p

*sigh*

I haven’t done my exercise for the day yet… not quite sure what I’m going to do. Might just run in place for a while… might do something else. Haven’t yet decided… but it’ll be an hour long… to an hour and a half…

But yeah… like I said… 207 this morning… fingers crossed that my little messup today won’t screw it all up!

darius
06-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Nice to see you Darius!
Oh thanks Melissa.

sukale
06-29-2011, 09:41 PM
I am still out of breath while I type this. Just got back from walking around the neighbor hood while my girls rode their bikes. It is a dead end street with really no traffic so I can walk at my own pace while they ride back and forth.

B 6 pack of peanut butter crackers from the machine at work
L English muffin with bacon egg and cheese
S a fun size Hershey bar
D Ravioli with tomato sauce
S 1 scoop of Bryers ice cream

Uhhh, not a fruit or veggie all day. I gotta work on that.

Hope everyone had a good day!!

shishkeberry
06-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Breakfast today was poptarts, just yogurt for lunch, and chili dogs (nathan's were buy one get one free this week, and I can't say no to them yet) on ww buns, roasted yellow peppers, and sweet potato fries with a little bit of evoo and ketchup for dinner. Oh and i had half an ice cream sandwich. Breakfast and lunch were lame because that was before I got groceries. There wasn't much left in the house.

amy3469
06-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Hi all. Not feeling great today. Only did the morning workout. Had cream of wheat for dinner. Not many calories at all today. Got my water in. Have a great night!

Diana3271
06-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I got busy at work and didn't get a chance to come back for personals. I hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well. :grouphug:

Darius Yes, it's great seeing you.

Total Approx 1470 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (730 Calories)
Bread w/butter 160 calories
9 ounce sirloin 350 calories
2 Orders steamed veggies 220 calories

Exercise:
Check-In: (Loved this tough combination!)
KCM 30 MTF Circuit Burn (both workouts w/weighted gloves & 8's and 10's)
TF HIIT 25

sukale
06-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Just got low blood sugar reading, so I had to eat a cereal bar. I am scared to go to bed low then get lower while I am asleep. But I hate eating right before bed when I am not even hungry.

K9Owner
06-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Another perfectly OP day for me

Cottage Cheese, Polaner Allfruit 90
Silerís Mixed Beans, Turkey Patty w/Parmesan Cheese, Oats , Powerbar, Honey Ham, slice of American Cheese 1030
Silerís Mixed Beans, Grilled Chicken Strips with Parmesan Cheese 200
TOTAL: 1320

Water: 80 oz
Tennis and :running: 565

I was really hungry today between noon and 3pm. IDK why, but not so hungry tonight :shrug:
Hope everyone is having a great week--I know I sure am! Mostly enjoying the :sunny: and starting to pick fresh veggies from
my parents garden: corn, cabbage, & Himalayan blackberries :drool:

I'm exhausted from the :sunny: today, so I am going to bed early!

iamerican
06-30-2011, 12:28 AM
Jen: I think your honestly is fabulous! I have been working on that too and sometimes it is amazing how much we eat/have eaten in the past. Great job with the truth.

Jomatho: Great job on the weight loss. You will get to that low soon!

ZooDoo: WHOOP on the whoosh! Congrats.

GainingWeightinLA: We miss you! Congrats on the NEW LOW! Keep it up!

Milesawaygirl: I get the busy/obligation feel. I like hearing from you, so just post what you can. Make sure you are living the life you love! I agree that you should just do what helps you get your goals.

LARRY: New Low! Congrats! There are tons of new lows the past few days! That is awesome. Glad you are one of them.

Serbrinder: Congrats on the achievement!

Elizabeth: We have bad days and bad weeks. Good luck getting it back reigned in. You can do it! Just think of your end goal. You can do it! We are rooting for you!
Berry: Congrats on the workout. That is intense. You rock!

Isabella: How do you like ripped in 30? I have only done 30 DS. Do you like it?

Darius: Nice new display picture!

K9: Yeah for on plan!

As for me, I have been hungry lately. Not too much to report. Just exhausted. This is the first time I have a few minutes to relax in a few days.

alaskanlaughter
06-30-2011, 01:09 AM
hi everyone....i came in at 44 carbs for the day including a dinner out with DH and our son tonight...i had a nice salad and didnt even envy what the others had on their plates...my younger sister had a rough day today and she called me many times to talk and a couple times during our dinner because she was drinking and forgot that i'd said a few times that i can't talk, we're at dinner lol....she was home alone, drinking and hurting herself with little cuts again...she doesnt do that often anymore but she has some mental problems that haven't been successfully addressed...all she really wanted was a text from me making her promise not to hurt herself and she was able to stop...then her boyfriend came home so i know she's not alone and he wont let her keep drinking etc...but i have to be there for her because she wont confide in anyone else in our family so i sent her a few texts during dinner out and then called to check on her when i got home...*sigh* stressful....but we're all settled down for the night, house is clean, son is in bed :)

IsabellaOlivia
06-30-2011, 02:11 AM
Iamerican Ripped in 30 feels easy on level 1, but I have already finished 30 Days Shred, so I have some stamnia to cope with another Jillian DVD. Ripped has four levels, each intended to be done for 6 days and followed by a day off. All the moves are different from shred, so there's no repetition.
My calorie burn from shred is 200, while for ripped in 30 it's 250.

jomatho
06-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Morning all! I am up way to early today, but I woke up at 6 and couldn't fall back to sleep :shrug:, funny though I still feel pretty tired.
My scale was kind to me today, 181.8 which is down 1.2 from yesterday, but I had no formal dinner due to the purse party, so I am sure that is part of it. I did eat one mini slice of a medium pizza before I left (from my son's party) and then I had two small glasses of "beer margarita" (awesome) while there. I was so busy catching up with my old work buddies that I didn't even eat anything. There were some good options, fruit salad, veggie try, etc, but I just didn't get there. Once I got home at 9, I just decided to skip dinner. We will see what happens tomorrow.
Yesterday, got my walk in with my friend, 1 hour and the rest of the day I was cleaning up and getting things ready for DS party.
Today, I am going on my walk soon here and other than that, I will probably either go for a bikeride or swim. We have another double header tonight, out of town this time so I have to see how the day goes. May end up being just a walk day again, but at least it is something and I am not sitting around on my bum all day!
Have a great day everyone, one good decision after another!

Diana3271
06-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a fantastic day!

Weigh In: 144.4 (TTOM)
Up: .2

I am up a total of 1.2 pounds, so far, from TTOM.

TTOM is still lurking around. Although, it appears that it will be exiting the building soon. :lol: Got my toes and fingers crossed on this one, that it's gone by tomorrow.

I met my goal this month of staying within my maintenance range! :carrot:

amy3469
06-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Morning! Still not feeling right. I didn't do my ride this morning, 1st time in 10 days :( But, hope to this afternoon.

Down 2#, yay!

Breakfast: Carbmaster yogurt = 60 cal.
Lunch: Carbmaster yogurt = 60 cal.
Not sure on dinner yet, probably chicken breast and salad.

Have a great day!

berryblondeboys
06-30-2011, 09:01 AM
I LOVE this time of the month! Down 1.6 from yesterday to my new low of 198.0. And I have sore muscles (slightly) from yesterday's workout).

zoodoo613
06-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Monthly wrap up!

Today's weigh in: 196.4
5/31 weigh in: 204.0
Down: 7.6.

:D Yeah, I'm happy about it. After May's slow loss, I thought that might be the way it was from here on out. And it may well be! I probably just got lucky time-wise and get to credit June with 2 whooshes, but I'll take it. Those drops are such motivators. But now my weight stayed the same between yesterday and today, and I guess I'd better settle in for the slog of losing weight with the scale bouncing along, instead of this exciting, smooth downward pattern.

I thought about riding my bike to work for a third day in a row, but I just couldn't get myself out the door in time. Small NSV today. At the beginning of the month I bought some pants from Walmart in the same brand/style/size as pants I'd bought the week before, just in a different color. I got them home and they didn't fit. Laying them one on top of the other, I could see that the second pair was substantially smaller than the first. I was annoyed, but I don't go to Walmart much and never got around to returning them. Well, they fit now!

Had a scrumptious veggie feast last night. I had some potatoes that I need to use, and told my husband that I planned on roasting them with herbs from my herb pots. He suggested asparagus to go with them, and I just expanded on the idea. So dinner was roasted herbed potatoes, roasted fennel, steamed asparagus and glazed carrots. It was such a pretty plate! And my husband got my son to finally try asparagus by telling him what it did to your pee. Too tempting not to try! :D

Vixsin
06-30-2011, 11:25 AM
I lost 3.2 lbs this month. Would've been 5.2 if TOM didn't give me this bag of water to hold until he gets here!

Bringing my friend to the airport today so half day at work for me!!! :woohoo:

BRING ON JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!

mamakat
06-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Good Morning All,
I haven't been feeling well and can't figure out what it is. I'd say it was TOM but I don't have those so I have no idea. I haven't ridden my bike in 2 days but I have been watching my calories. Krystal, I love my oats in the morning too. I was told I had Celiac's Disease last year so no more breads and cereals, but then I found out if it's steal cut I can have oats. Yay me. I had so many stinking procedures last year to find out if it were true as far as Celiac's or any other intestinal problems. I'm clean. So why does my tummy hurt :( I met my 5lbs loss for the month. So all is good.
To all who lost weight this week...Awesome!
Amy I hope you start feeling better soon :)
darius its good to see you!

Not only am I having tummy trouble, my hip has decided to be a pain (literally) so I don't know when I'll hop on my bike again. I have my kids doing the chores (I fold the laundry while they run up and down stairs for me :p). See I'm doing my part! Husband is taking tomorrow off for the 3 day weekend making it 4 days. We have no plans so I have no idea why he wants to stay home.

I hope you all have a happy and healthy weekend. :)

jeniansmom
06-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Yesterday was a better day. 1660 cals and 134g carbs. The carbs are HARD and a big problem for my blood sugar. But I am happy with the day overall.

Signed up for a 10lb loss by Aug. 1st challenge so hopefully having a goal will help keep me on track and motivated.

Not going in to work til the afternoon, so backtracking and reading some of the earlier posts in the thread.

zoodoo: just wanted to say that I'm sorry for what you are going through but also very impressed and inspired at how well you are doing through it all. I have a history of letting tough times in life derail my health efforts. And congrats on all the milestones and I love the bike story! oh and haha about asparagus last night...and your dinner sounds soooo yummy

abbysue: great job getting back on plan after the weekend. And I'm glad you enjoyed the first time away from the little one. My "little one" is 13 now :) but I still clearly remember the first outing without him. And thanks for the encouraging words. Every time things start to calm down I start to get back to taking care of me and vow that next time I won't go off track. Hopefully I will handle the next of life curve balls better :) Congrats on going to your first OA meeting. That is a big step!

jomatho: great attitude about your goal weight. And I know just how you feel about your cycle..I am in the getting close to TTOM slump and know that when it's over I will have a big energy burst.

Diana: you are such an inspiration! And thanks for asking about DH's foot. It's better, not great, getting some custom orthotics from my work (he has extremely flat feet) and he finally found a new pcp and has an appt today. At least the xray showed no fracture, just old Arthur setting in.

Larry: great job getting back on track!

Melissa: congratulations! Such an accomplishment!

Blinky: sorry about your FIL and for the accompanying drama..great job getting back on track.

SMESS: great job on the WL so far, and thanks so much for the words of encouragement :)

K9: great job getting back on track after the weekend and thanks for the WillPowerDust hehe

About the discussion about personals/not always having time for them... I find myself wishing for a "Like" button like on facebook hehe

elizabeth: hugs to you.

alaskan: love your stories, sounds like you live in a beautiful place! i have found that most sugar alcohols affect my bs the same as regular sugar..boo for me since i have such a sweet tooth. sorry about your sister, but glad for her and for you that you can be there for her.

Going to go drink some water, move a little, get in the shower and head to work.

Happy, healthy day to all.
Jen

alaskanlaughter
06-30-2011, 01:31 PM
good morning...i was losing at a respectable pace last week but it seems to be bouncing up again this week *sigh* my eating is still on track, if not better than last week so i don't know...i officially weigh on the 5th so hoping to keep it under 208 so i can show a loss for this month

still rainy today...not much else going on, just home with all the children again today...im tired too, slept better though last night because our son wasnt in bed with us lol

Redgrl
06-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Yuck. Five pound gain in three days. When I'm not feeling my best mentally, I have a hard time fighting off the "I must eat everything is sight" feeling. Today has been the same but I've made myself eat better foods. Wish me luck for the rest of the day and especially the night. If I can make it through one day, I think I will do better tomorrow.

abbysue715
06-30-2011, 05:21 PM
shiskeberry I have to be VERY specific with the grocery list when DH goes or else he comes home with whatever he wants plus whatever is on sale. He had gastric bypass a few years ago so he can pretty much eat whatever he wants and has built in portion control. He cant quite remember its not that easy for me!

still WOOHOO! Good job. I'm glad your TTOM was nice to you!;)

Isabella You are only going to be a college kid once! :smug:

Alaskanlaughter I dont know that I could ever have ZERO appetite!:dizzy:

serbrider We live we learn. Good job holding yourself accountable! And I am amazed at how many calories are in fast food!:o

Sukale Incorporating fruits and veggies has been the hardest adjustment for me. I promise it gets easier!

Amy I hope you are feeling better!

K9 YAY! for perfectly on plan days!!!:carrot:

jomatho Im glad you got to see your friends! Occasions like that with snacks out everywhere are REALLY hard on me. Way to go not to overindulge!:)

Diana Do you ever not meet your goals? You are such an inspiration.

Melissa I love that sore feeling you get from a really good workout!

Zoodoo Thats AWESOME!!!!

Vixsin Woohoo for 3.2 and WOOHOO for half days!!!!:D

mamakat I hope you start to feel better soon!:hug:

Jen Thats a huge improvement!! Highly processed carbs are my biggest enemy on this adventure. I have to learn to just say no. Its so hard though, they are so darn tasty! I wish vegetables tasted that delicious!

redgrl I feel the same way! Thats the first thing I do when I'm upset or in any state of extreme emotion. Head to the kitchen, that will solve everything...WRONG! For some reason I am programmed that way. Working on the reprogramming but its a HARD HARD thing for me to feel my feelings instead of eat them. They just taste better than they feel.:p

Yesterday was ok as far as food goes. This week is a eat whatever we can make with whats in the fridge/freezer/pantry week so I am not eating as clean as I want to but we won't be able to go shopping again until Tuesday. It is what it is. Got to make the most of it.
B;Uncle sam cereal and 2% milk
S; 2 pineapple rings and 4 pear slices
L; 2 ff hot dogs,2 slices pineapple, 4 pear slices, baked chips, hot cheese stick
S; yogurt and grapenuts
D; spaghetti with whole wheat pasta and 1 slice of garlic bread.

Attempted to workout again today. 3rd day in a row with this video! However 16 minutes into it the baby woke up. Everyone is down for naps now so I am going to go finish the rest of the video before they wake up!

Have a great day everyone!!!:carrot:

alaskanlaughter
06-30-2011, 05:25 PM
o-m-g! i just read the label on my container of protein powder, the second ingredient is fructose! and there are 17 carbs in 3 tablespoons! HOW did i manage to miss that when i bought the thing? the previous container i bought (different brand) had only 3 carbs in a few tblsps....ugh! did i just think they all had the same carbs? did i forget to read the label before buying? i doubt i just FORGOT the carb content! :dizzy::dizzy: HOW did i do that? *sigh*

so my carb counts have been off the last few weeks *grrr* i am going to the store TONIGHT to buy a container of protein powder with better ingredients and a better carb count...i drank the smoothie that i'd already made with it today...because as i was blending it i was absently reading labels...then i saw that and went O-M-G!...so i factored it correctly into my carb count and will NOT make that mistake again:mad:

sukale
06-30-2011, 06:58 PM
There is no way I am doing my walk with Leslie today. I just got back from shopping at the mall for 4 solid hours with the 2 kids. The 3 yr old need PJ's and the 12 yr old just loves being at the mall for anything, LOL. I know it's a little early but we got some schools clothes. American Eagle has their hoodies and pull over hoodies on sale for $9.99 :cp: Bath and Body had a bunch of the regular size bottles of lotion for 75% off too. At Sears the 3 yr old got a pair of Levis for $3, a little white sweater for $2 and a spaghetti strapped dress for $3.

Anyway here is what I ate so far today.

B 6pk of peanut butter crackers
L me and the 3 yr old shared a slice of cheese pizza and a bread stick at the mall

I am to tired to even think about dinner but I know the kids will be ready to eat soon. Thinking about making some broccoli and pasta.

IsabellaOlivia
06-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Zoodoo613 Congrats
Abbysue715 I'm only a collegekid once, but my lifestyle change is more important to me.

Today I ate 1303 calories.
I'm moving tomorrow, so I'm pretty stressed out right now. I'm so looking forward to settling into my new place. I've had to avoid buying anything special in the last month, so I don't get more stuff to add to the moving load.
I've long wanted to purchase hand weights, but haven't had the space. Once I settle in to my new place, I get to finally buy weights. Waterbottles start to lose efficiency after a while.

berryblondeboys
06-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Zoodoo613 Congrats
Abbysue715 I'm only a collegekid once, but my lifestyle change is more important to me.

Today I ate 1303 calories.
I'm moving tomorrow, so I'm pretty stressed out right now. I'm so looking forward to settling into my new place. I've had to avoid buying anything special in the last month, so I don't get more stuff to add to the moving load.
I've long wanted to purchase hand weights, but haven't had the space. Once I settle in to my new place, I get to finally buy weights. Waterbottles start to lose efficiency after a while.

Checkout if you can find them on Craigslist for cheaper. Amazingly, they aren't that cheap! I was going to buy new and realized for 5, 8, 10, 12 weights (already had 2s) it was going to cost over $100 at Target. Found them on craigslist for $10 total.

mlgibson
06-30-2011, 08:34 PM
I had a good day, rained all at so didn't go for a walk. But I was on my feet at work for 7 hours, so hopefully that did something.

This morning I weighed a pound higher then yesterday, but that is what I get for weighing daily. Can't seem to break the habit! I think I'll weigh tomorrow and try my hardest to wait a few days.

Did good on calories today, had 986. Kinda low for normal but I'm not hungry. Will probably snack on a pickle later...it is my understanding they have no calories...?

berryblondeboys
06-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Had a HUGE NSV today!!!!!

I can fit into, (Well, not just fit into, but it looks perfect.) my wedding suit! I looked high and low for that outfit - trying on anything $100 and under 17.5 years ago at every single blessed store. It didn't need to be white - just flattering and suitable for a courthouse, super simple wedding. Turned out I found a creme suit at the Sears clearance rack for $12. I no longer have the little camisole that I wore under it, so I can't model it for real yet, but it fit as good as it did then. I think I weighed 5-8 pounds more now than I did then, but my shape is the same as it fits my curves the same.

Felt so good!!!!!

Here's the link that shows the suit (sort of): http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1969279&l=f9c52cb5f6&id=797827578

mlgibson
06-30-2011, 08:46 PM

I can fit into, (Well, not just fit into, but it looks perfect.) my wedding suit! I looked high and low for that outfit - trying on anything $100 and under 17.5 years ago at every single blessed store. It didn't need to be white - just flattering and suitable for a courthouse, super simple wedding. Turned out I found a creme suit at the Sears clearance rack for $12. I no longer have the little camisole that I wore under it, so I can't model it for real yet, but it fit as good as it did then. I think I weigh 5-8 pounds more now than I did then, but my shape is the same as it fits my curves the same.

Felt so good!!!!!

Congrats!! Good job!

K9Owner
06-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Sukale: Youíre making me wanna go shopping ;)

Alaskan: The NOW (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/whey.html) brand of protein powder (unflavored) off Amazon is worth a shot to look into. Scroll down and look on the right for the info, but be sure you look at the unflavored and not the chocolate. This is just the link for the nutritional value, NOT the Amazon link. ;)

Melissa: :yay: on your NSV

MamaKat: I :love: Steel Cut Oats too! Feel better soon!

:congrat: everyone on your monthly losses. Iíll report mine tomorrow with weigh-in. I have a feeling Iíll be changing those little green twirlies :cry:

Jen: Are you diabetic? Or just limiting carbs?

Redgrl: :dust: for you. You can do it!!

AbbySue: Any time I have to ďEat whateverís left in the freezer/pantry/fridge" typically is a disaster! Itís usually some of my DHs food and that is NEVER a good thing :lol:

iUSAn: Hey chick! Have any BIG plans for the weekend? I sure as heck do, and I donít wanna participate in any of them.
I want all of these parties, socials, and food frenzy events to cease so I can stay OP for a weekend or 2!

Diana32: :yay: for TOM leaving!!! Letís throw a party!! Iíll bring the diuretic :rofl:

alaskanlaughter
06-30-2011, 09:39 PM
thank you K9 :) i will look for that when i go to the store tonight...i hardly ever order online because the shipping charges are so insanely high to ship to alaska...luckily we have a walmart and a fred meyers and a GNC here in town, with walmart being the best prices for stuff like this...jackson (my son) and i will brave the downpour tonight and go run some errands...it's rare for it to rain THIS hard for days on end...it's a rainforest so it usually is either cloudy, sprinkling rain or about to rain :) but this is a downpour! i love it when it's super rainy out but it's a challenge keeping FIVE kids inside all day long and entertained lol

i felt like just giving up for teh day after i realized that protein powder had so many carbs...and my stomach also hurts (same stomach bug that one of the kids has)....i ate something after awhile and then just kind of gave in to the cookies....granted, they were homemade by me this morning, with whole wheat flour, splenda, brown sugar, molasses, nuts, bananas, oatmeal etc...so all in all pretty healthy...not like they're Oreos...but i definitely have indulged far more than needed this afternoon...*sigh* if i felt better, tummy-wise, i would add up the carbs but i just feel ...bleh...about it right now...i'll be better tonight :)

K9Owner
06-30-2011, 09:50 PM
For my day, wellÖwhat can I say?? Another perfectly OP day, though all of this will change tomorrow :(

Plain Omelet: 80
Silerís Mixed Beans, Grilled Chicken Strips, Carmel Ricotta CrŤmeí, Popsicle 335
Oats, Lazy Cabbage Roll, Silerís Mixed Beans 522
TOTAL: 937

Water: 80 oz (then I lost count), so more than this

No Exercise, unless you count 3 hours of picking Himalayan Blackberries, riding a 5 yr old through the mud on an ATV, and swimming for 1 hour with him exercise.
I call it my typical summer day :)

K9Owner
06-30-2011, 09:52 PM
thank you K9 :) i will look for that when i go to the store tonight...i hardly ever order online because the shipping charges are so insanely high to ship to alaska...luckily we have a walmart and a fred meyers and a GNC here in town, with walmart being the best prices for stuff like this...jackson (my son) and i will brave the downpour tonight and go run some errands...it's rare for it to rain THIS hard for days on end...it's a rainforest so it usually is either cloudy, sprinkling rain or about to rain :) but this is a downpour! i love it when it's super rainy out but it's a challenge keeping FIVE kids inside all day long and entertained lol
:)

Try Amazon, I typically get free shipping on most things I order from them!

amy3469
06-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Hi everyone! I do feel better than I did. I ended up doing 30 minutes = 12 miles on the bike and did some light weights. Drank 120+ ounces of water. I had my food planned out until dinner, but then work was crazy and I never ate anything. It was so odd. Finally at dinner time I had a tiny bit of chicken and that was it. So, since I've barely eaten I may have a little bit of no added sugar vanilla ice cream. Just a weird day, I guess. It's been a long time since I've just forgotten to eat! lol
Hopefully, there will be a loss tomorrow. I really wonder if I should be weighing everyday like I do, or wait a couple of days in between. Does it matter much do you think?
Have a great night!

IsabellaOlivia
06-30-2011, 10:16 PM
Amy3469 Weigh whenever you prefer, but be realistic that at 162 there's going to be minimal change in weight during a 24 hour time period.

darius
06-30-2011, 10:37 PM

Congratulations!

darius
06-30-2011, 10:41 PM
i love it when it's super rainy out

Me too; I have lived in places undergoing severe drought, and I like a nice rainy day with a steady rain. I like to go on long walks on my favorite path - about 7 km - with a big umbrella and just think about everything that's going on.

Diana3271
06-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Just a quick check-in since I need to pack some stuff for our trip.

K9 :lol: :rofl: I hear you on the diuretic!

abbysue715 Thank you. :hug:

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Grilled Chicken 400 Calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
bread w/butter (not a full serving) 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

shishkeberry
06-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Berry, good job! I have an outfit hanging on the mirror in my bedroom that I bought when I was 19 that can't wait to fit into again. I was a size 16 then.
I had instant oatmeal and blueberries for breakfast. I had two supreme pizza lean pockets for lunch. They were only 220 cal each. Cheesy Italian shells for dinner with a slice of ww bread with a tiny bit of margarine. I also had a string cheese stick for a snack. I'm only at 1100 cal so far for the day, so I might have a little bit more of dinner when DF gets home from work at midnight. I think I had 72 oz of water, not sure. Somewhere around there.

Larry H
07-01-2011, 12:39 AM
On plan today 1317 calories and 1487 mg sodium.

Weight is steady at 226

Put 245 miles on the car today so had no time for exercise.

I did have a big NSV today. After showering I went to pick up something on the bath room floor and I discovered much to my amazement that I could touch my toes. I can't remember when I could do that last. I also have noticed today that my XL size shirts are now getting baggy and too big!!:D:D When I started this diet my 3X shirts were way too tight.

Larry

mamakat
07-01-2011, 03:19 AM
Good Morning All,
I sat around waiting for the pain to go away, it never did, but I thought what was worse for me: my depression/guilt for not treating my body with some exercise or my hip. Sometimes, not always, the bike exercise helps the hip readjust. So I got up at 12am and did a great workout 45mins 12miles and 212calories. Not bad. I took my nightly meds before taking a long hot shower and now I want to drift off to sleep. :)
Larry nice job on touching your toes. I've always thought that to be a milestone.
Amy I'm glad that you're feeling better.
Melissa congrats on getting back into your wedding outfit and that you didn't lose it. I lost my wedding frock (forrest green baby doll dress). I've got a sneaky idea my MIL took it along with the shoes I wore with it and my silly puffy socks. :lol: she made suck a fuss "socks on your wedding day" Hey we were in Phx AZ and it was Aug, you'd never get me in nylons and heels. Yuck...I am such a tomboy.

Well today is the start of a new month. I'll actually have 4 weeks to get the 5lbs off. I'm actually very excited about the next 5. My lowest since starting last summer was 243. I'd like to see that soon so that I can start feeling like I'm making headway in the loss. I do feel like I'm making a difference in my health.
I hope you all have a strong and healthy day.

Diana3271
07-01-2011, 06:50 AM
Good Morning and TGIF! :yay:

I hope you have a safe and happy holiday, if you celebrate the 4th of July or Canada day. If not, have a fantastic weekend, anyways! ;)

Weigh In: 143.8
Down: .6

See 'ya when I get back! Don't have too much fun without me. ;)

K9Owner
07-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Just as I thought, I gained 0.8 this week :(

Recap of the month
June 1: 157
July 1: 150.6
Net Loss: 6.4 lbs

I can't be too sad about this. I am disappointed over my poor decisions from last weekend.
To tell you the complete truth, I have been pretty down since Wednesday.

DH and I are staying at home for the weekend--I am sooo glad! We were planning a canoe trip and I did not want to go.
Luckily, he has to work Saturday and thought it would be too much to try to go for just 2 days!!

jomatho
07-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Oops, this was last nights post that I got distracted from and forgot to hit submit. . .
I think I will do my check in for the day now, I am waiting for DH to finish up some work so we can go over to my Stepdad's to wish him happy birthday. And there will probably by strawberry pie/ice cream :eek:.
Got my walk in this morning, we did an hour and then I was busy the rest of the day getting some cooking done. I had bought some meat on sale so I made up huge batch of spaghetti sauce (5 meals worth) for the freezer, and baked some bone in chicken breasts, cubed the meat and put in the freezer (3 meals worth). This will help me when I am running short or we have busy days, at least the meat is cooked up and we can still enjoy a home cooked meal. Should have prepped something for tonight because here I sit at 8:00, just got home from baseball and have nothing planned for dinner. May be strawberry pie and a salad for me :dizzy: I am really not that hungry because I had a big protien shake prior to the game.
So that's my day.
Sorry to hear some of you aren't feeling well, feel better soon!
Glad to hear of some good successes in June! I think my overall weight loss for June was around 7 pounds, give or take, but most of that came off the first 10-12 days. I agree with Vixsin, bring on July! I hope to be firmly planted in the 170s by the end of July. When I started my journey and I was loosing swiftly, I thought I would meet my goal by beginning October, but I am not so sure now.

jomatho
07-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Ok, and here is todays post (sorry, blonde moment there)

Happy July Everyone! Lets make it a fantastic, on plan month!

My goal for July is to get to 176, which is just under 6 pounds. I think that is reasonable but challenging too.

So last night, we did have strawberry pie and mine was only about 1" wide at the crust and I had a very small scoop of ice cream. I thought it would be rude to not have any and I figured this is what life is about, learning how to indulge without going overboard. I feel I did good. Had a very light dinner so calories were all good. Like I keep saying, one good decision after another, they all add up. My Mom made a comment, but I reminded her I was watching my calories and then proceeded to tell her how delicious it was (she made it).
And then the scale this morning blessed me with another 0.2# loss, I am so happy yesterdays drop stuck!

Looking forward to my walk in a few minutes this morning and then we have a 90 degree day in store for us, DH is off work, so it will probably be a day enjoying the pool :yay: May grill up some pork loin tonight for dinner. . .

Have a good day everyone!

berryblondeboys
07-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Morning everyone! The 1.6 lost stuck and I added another .6. Woohoo! That means for the month of June I started at 205.4 and ended at 197.4. 8 pounds on the nose which was my goal (as it is every month). This month's loss was on the lower side for me, but as of Sunday, I'll have been at this for 6 months and I'm pretty impressed with how well I've been able to do this and how easy making this life change has been for me. To go from a completely inactive blob to an active woman is huge! And eating has been easy enough to find my groove. I must have been ready for this.

Last night we played tennis for an hour. More like we tried to play tennis. It wasn't a workout because we stink, but it was fun and it wasn't something I could do last summer. I haven't played in 15 years!!!! No joke! I can tell my DH is enjoying having his more active wife back too. (But I enjoy it more!)

My goal for July is as every month - 8 pounds.

Today's plan - BodyStep. I'm now pretty sore from BodyPump which I did on Wednesday (pretty typical to feel it the most 2 days after doing it). I'll do that class again this weekend.

Editing to add. I will probably get close to losing 60 pounds total by the end of this menstrual cycle (I'm kind of unsure of when I ovulated... I think it was early, but not sure). That means on my blog I will get to remove another slice of pizza pie, but because it will be so close to when I hit TTOM, I'll probably just hit it and then start the stall-out/gain for the month. We'll see, but that would stink to have to put the slice of pie back! Regurgitated pizza? Ew!!!

amy3469
07-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Okay, will be working out this afternoon. Tonight is pizza night so I am being very careful today so I can have some tonight! Really, really want to be low 150's by the end of July.So, my goal for July is to lose 8-10#. But, realistically may be 5-8#. We'll see!
So today:
B :carbmaster yogurt
L: carbmaster yogurt
D: salad and pizza

120 oz. Water
30-40 minutes on the s. bike

Good luck everyone!

SMess
07-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Happy July everyone!

Yesterday was a crazy day for me - cleaned a house from 6 to 9, followed by an hour-long commute to NJ for office painting from 10 to 5. Came home, made dinner for my parent's 27th anniversary (Filet mignon, potatoes au gratin, grilled asparagus) and promptly fell into bed. Another day of painting awaits me, hopefully I be able to get this job wrapped up by today or tomorrow.

My totals for the month:
July 1st weigh in: 231.7
Weight lost in June: 8.9

Goal for July: 8-10 pounds (I REALLY want to be below 220 by the start of August... so 219.9 would be fabulous) :carrot:

Glad to see everyone's progress - whether it's losing pounds, touching toes, or making healthier habits, it's all really encouraging to see. Keep up the good work, everybody, and Happy Canada Day! :cheer3:

zoodoo613
07-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Morning!

Scale is holding reasonably steady, 196.6 this morning. (OK, so that's up 0.2 lbs. I'm calling it steady :) ) My calories averaged on the low side for the week, 1380 per day, which is probably a good thing.

While trying to schedule a hiking trip, I realized just how much I have going on this month, and how likely it is that I'll there will be higher calorie days pretty frequently. Today someone at the office is making us all grilled pizza for lunch. I couldn't turn that down! We're going out camping tonight, and possibly tomorrow. It's a friend's birthday and there are two (two!) cookouts in his honor. I'll stop by at least one of them. Next weekend I'm going out for a pre-mastectomy bacchanalia with my friend before she's out of commission for a good long while. I'll also need to make a few trips to my parents' house 2.5 hours away to deliver and retrieve my little boy, who's going to Colorado with them for nearly 2 weeks. A couple hiking trips are planned. On the other hand, the time in between all these events will be my regular workaday routine, so I should have plenty of opportunity to balance out any indulgences.

There's a funny story behind the trip that caused me to finally examine my calendar. My hiking buddy sent me an email saying, "Check out the Breakneck Ridge loop near the Hudson River. Looks awesome!" The hike she's talking about is 2.5 miles from the house where I grew up and my parents still live. I've done it dozens of times. I told her I'd take her, but as it's a couple hours from here, scheduling when was difficult.

I just found a journal entry of when I last did that hike, almost exactly 4 years ago. http://zoodoo613.livejournal.com/2007/06/23/ My LJ userpic was taken on that day.

zoodoo613
07-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Ooh, I also wanted to say: fresh herbs make everything better.

I made a shrimp stir-fry last night with some farmers market snow peas and broccoli. At the last minute it occurred to me to throw in some basil from the garden. Oh, it was so good.

Vixsin
07-01-2011, 10:36 AM
I am in it to win it this month!!!!

5/31 = 191.4
6/30 = 188.2 -3.2

I am up 1.8 today to 190.0 on the dot.

So I brought my friend to the airport yesterday. He neglected to mention that he was going to the ULTRA FAR airport rather than the MUCH CLOSER airport. Needless to say, I was :mad: :mad: :mad:

So instead of spending 1.5 hrs in my car round trip, I spent 5.5 hours in my car sitting in traffic for most of it. :tantrum: :tantrum: I am glad that yesterday is gone and today is a new day. My ankles were so swollen last night that they hurt. Thankfully, I got great rest last night. I'm not worried about the gain at all. Considering I had to eat on the road.

My focus in July is on jogging 3x a week. My first goal for July is to get back to my low of 186.6. I WISH my body didn't bounce so fast after I hit a low. It would be nice for those to stick around. LOL

That is all. BBL! :grouphug:

still
07-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Good morning, everyone!

Larry- yay for being able to touch your toes! I remember after I gave birth to Liam, that was the first post-baby body thing I marveled at, myself. It had been a while for me. :) Sounds like you need to do a bit of shopping, get some shirts that fit you! :carrot:

Melissa- how awesome that you can fit in your wedding suit! I can't wait to see pics- the pic from your wedding looks gorgeous.

K9- :hug: I'm sorry you are down. Whats going on?

zoodoo- hi! :wave:

Amy- hi! :wave:

Smess- hi! :wave:

jomatho- I agree totally with you, this journey is about learning to indulge responsibly and to keep on making one good decision after another. I was never one for total restriction- I just personally can't do it. So balance and moderation in my foods is my goal.

Diana 3271- good morning!

mamakat- How does your hip feel this morning? Great job on your rockin workout last night (early this morning?) :D

shishkeberrry- hi! :wave:

darius- Hi! :wave:

As for me, my 165 stuck! Woot! That makes it a total June loss of 4-5 lbs, which is perfect. It also officially puts me at 20 pounds lost, and I'm feeling great. 165 is a huge milestone for me. Over the past couple of years my thyroid has been going nuts, and every time I'd lose weight I'd feel great and feel like I was doing something right (working out, eating better) only to learn that it was my thyroid acting up and the weight loss was ultimately unhealthy. So they would medicate me and my weight would shoot back up again. Last time I was at 165 I was the unhealthiest I'd ever been- was starting to have heart problems related to my thyroid and was bouncing on and off the cardiac unit, being switched from med to med to med all in an attempt to calm my thyroid down. It feels amazing that I have, for the first time in at least 8 years, reached 165 completely healthily, and for once I can feel completely great and wonderful about my weight loss.

Sorry for the novel, I'm just so, so happy.

My goal for July is another 5 pound loss, bringing me to 160. I hope to continue with my increased gym time (4 times per week). I've started weight training regularly and I'd like to continue to lift weights about 3 times per week. I feel really good about how I've been eating, so I don't think I'm going to change anything about that just yet.... maybe try and build in a few more lower carb days this month (last month I had 4 total purposeful low carb days). Low carb is SO HARD for me... so I'll just take it in baby steps so it doesn't hurt so much. :^:

Hope you guys all enjoy the holiday!

themilesawaygirl
07-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Just a quick check in to stay a huge thanks to all for the words of encouragement! I'll stop off when I can for inspiration and support - both giving and receiving - as this is what we're all here for!

Serbrider
07-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Urgh... I ate junk food yesterday... like... ice cream... soda... and... I think that's pretty much it. I did have some fruit at one point... but overall yesterday was a very "blah" day. But I'm paying for the dairy eating... >.< Stupid lactose intolerance...

But I'm down... 206.5 as of this morning. That's two pounds in three days... :) I need to get my behind moving though... ;)

OH!!! And I just have to share because I'm really excited... even though it really has nothing to do with anything...

I'm going to go by Joann's fabric after work today, and am going to pick up some fabric.... to make a cloak!!! I'm still trying to decide whether I want something that is more of a velvet... or a normal heavy cotton... but yeah! I'm going to be making a cloak! :p

jeniansmom
07-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Good morning all :)
Yesterday was a good day 1316 cals and 80 carb grams. And a 1.5 lb loss! Today feels likes it's going to be good too :)
Hubby's foot is improving. He saw a pcp and they are not overly concerned. Gave him some anti inflammatory meds, told him to keep doing what he's doing at home.
He is going to join me with the 10lbs loss in July challenge which I think will be good for both of us. DS is not fit but not overweight. But he likes his junkfood, so I suggested he might try to find something to challenge himself on to join us. Losing weight would not be healthy for him, but I don't want him to feel left out.

Melissa: awesome NSV!

Krystal: I have unmedicated, barely monitored Type II diabetes. I find that when I eat low carb I lose weight and have lower blood sugars, but it's just so hard, b/c they are my weakness. Like abbysue said if only veggies could taste that good! And I do love veggies, they just give me that same physiological feeling of fullness and sedation that a good ole sugar rush does. I've come to realize that in many ways sugar is my drug of choice and hardest to resist when I am stressed/down/anxious/hmmm...alive? lol It's not funny but it is, ya know?

alaskan: hugs to you. Feel better and be gentle with yourself.

amy: glad you are feeling better!

Larry: Great NSVs! Congrats!

Krystal: congrats on the 6.4lbs loss for the month! Sorry you are feeling down. Be kind to yourself, you are doing great! It's the long run that matters. (And I know that's easier said than believed at times)

jomatho: great job on the loss for the month and your self control on just having a small serving of what sounds like a yummy dessert :)

Time to eat a light lunch then head in to work for a few hours.
I wish a happy, healthy day to all.
Jen

sukale
07-01-2011, 01:08 PM
I had peanut butter Captin Crunch for breakfast. Not a good way to start the weekend.

alaskanlaughter
07-01-2011, 01:21 PM
good morning! i feel better this morning AND i was able to find the right kind of protein powder last night for a good price :) my stomach doesn't hurt but then again i havent eaten anything yet, just a little coffee...it's stopped raining but it's not exactly sunny out...it is mostly cloudy and chilly, down in the 40s last night, brrrr....i have less kids today so i might go out and do somethign with them, not sure though, as most everythign to do is outside here and it's still pretty chilly today...the kids don't come dressed for weather either

berryblondeboys
07-01-2011, 09:57 PM
I've been on this thread for almost 6 months (around the 11th of the month) and you all can see how active this thread usually is and how many people you usually hop on week to week. In those six months, the only people still here on a regular basis are diana3271, LarryH, Jomatho, Vixsin, and me. Some people still pop in once in awhile: sum38, shellsbrood, and DianagaininginLA. Others used to be here regularly, but are not here on this thread, but are at least on the forum somewhere, but most people I don't see them anywhere any more.

Kind of sad really because chance are, they gave up. Or do you think that maybe they feel they don't need this support any more and are just carrying on without posting/reading?

Larry H
07-01-2011, 10:38 PM
I've been on this thread for almost 6 months (around the 11th of the month) and you all can see how active this thread usually is and how many people you usually hop on week to week. In those six months, the only people still here on a regular basis are diana3271, LarryH, Jomatho, Vixsin, and me. Some people still pop in once in awhile: sum38, shellsbrood, and DianagaininginLA. Others used to be here regularly, but are not here on this thread, but are at least on the forum somewhere, but most people I don't see them anywhere any more.

Kind of sad really because chance are, they gave up. Or do you think that maybe they feel they don't need this support any more and are just carrying on without posting/reading?

Berry,

I have wondered many times what happened to them?:?: I don't dwell on those that don't seem to make it, but rather I cheer you and the others who are winning and inspiring me daily. Yea for those who stick with it.

ll the so-called "secrets of success" will not work unless you do. ~Author Unknown

Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more. ~Edward H. Harriman

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. ~Thomas Jefferson

The difference between try and triumph is a little umph. ~Author Unknown

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

The person who is waiting for something to turn up might start with their shirt sleeves. ~Garth Henrichs

The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. ~Attributed to both Vidal Sassoon and Donald Kendall

Some people dream of success... while others wake up and work hard at it. ~Author Unknown

People know you for what you've done, not for what you plan to do. ~Author Unknown

Many people think they want things, but they don't really have the strength, the discipline. They are weak. I believe that you get what you want if you want it badly enough. ~Sophia Loren

I am celebrating seeing your success!!:D

Larry,

abbysue715
07-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Melissa. I hope next time you write a message like that you can add my name to the list of regulars. Also I hope that if any of those people do wonder on to this thread they still feel welcomed regardless of weather or not they have fallen off the bandwagon!

Hope all is well with everyone will post more later!

alaskanlaughter
07-01-2011, 11:47 PM
i plan to be around for awhile :) eating dinner right now...

K9Owner
07-02-2011, 12:22 AM
Yeah, Melissa...Unfortunately, I've noticed that in the 3 short months I've been here as well :(

K9Owner
07-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Today started off perfectly OP, then I went shopping for my sis's bday tomorrow and ate sushi!

I think I ate around 1500 cals or so, really not sure, but nothing just absolutely terrible and NO binging of any kind, so I'm glad of that.

I've pinpointed the source of my "blues", but that will have to be when I have time to orchestrate my thoughts and put them in writing.

Hope everyone has a FABULAIRE weekend.

Blow it up, baby!! ;)

iamerican
07-02-2011, 12:42 AM
k9: You have had a great OP week! Keep it up this weekend!!!! I actually dont have too much planned, so hopefully I can keep on plan this week and see a good loss.

Berry: I hope I can be added to that list as well. COngrats on keeping up with the thread for so long.

Have a good weekend everyone. I should be checking in and out. I had a pretty on plan day today. Got my 30DS day 9 in despite the 100 degree weather. :)

berryblondeboys
07-02-2011, 12:45 AM

And I hope I didn't miss anyone. MZJuicy has come and gone a couple of times too.

But, people have lives too - I just hope they are doing OK. The biggest thing with weight loss is the mental side of it.

mlgibson
07-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Random question? How do I create a signature? I've looked and can't find it. :(

alaskanlaughter
07-02-2011, 01:05 AM
i think you have to be here for a certain amount of time with a certain amount of posts...i dont think i can get one either yet

alaskanlaughter
07-02-2011, 01:07 AM
i had a good day carb-wise...kept it to 31 carbs total but i might have a small protein shake before bed...at least it didn't rain today, or at least rain very hard lol...took the kids to a big playground by the lake since it wasn't a downpour...it was in the 50s too so not too cold...i'm very tired today and my stomach still hurts...i know it's that stomach bug still...our son went to a sleepover with his cousin tonight and i dont have anything to do tonight...i HATE not having anything to do, hate it with a passion...now i'm just tired AND bored with a stomach ache...i suppose i could do some cleaning or get some errands done, it's only 8 p.m. after all :) i know DH was looking forward to an evening without kids but all he wanted to do was play his computer games

oh and i see this will be my 100th post :)

Larry H
07-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Random question? How do I create a signature? I've looked and can't find it. :(

After you have been a 3FC member for 20 days and you have posted at least 20 times the signature option will appear in your User CP.

Larry,

Larry H
07-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Melissa. I hope next time you write a message like that you can add my name to the list of regulars. Also I hope that if any of those people do wonder on to this thread they still feel welcomed regardless of weather or not they have fallen off the bandwagon!

Hope all is well with everyone will post more later!

abbysue715 I hope your name is among the winners also. We need all we can get to support each other. Your other statement "I hope that if any of those people do wonder on to this thread they still feel welcomed regardless of weather or not they have fallen off the bandwagon!" is so important for us all to remember. We all need to do everything possible to make others feel welcome. Obesity kills, sometimes directly and sometimes indirectly. If I make anyone uncomfortable enough that they leave shame on me. I may have sentenced a person to death or a life of misery. I lived a life like that for too long and I was warmly welcomed at 3FC even though I was a minority being a man on this site. For the first time in 66 years I am enjoying success and the prospect of a great future.

I must and I shall give others the same chance that I freely received here. :hug:

Larry,

Serbrider
07-02-2011, 01:33 AM
Like I said... 206.5 this morning... and that was BEFORE my stupid stomach upset caused by the dairy... so... yeah. Probably lost some water weight amongst that. Blech.

Calorie count today was around 1200. Counted... but I had a lot of nibbles of stuff (and counted all of it)... and I've been keeping track on my iTouch... and don't really feel like retyping everything. ;)

So yeah... no real exercise today either... I was at work, then right after work I was having difficulty with one thing or another... and in the end... just plum ran out of time... and now it's 11:30 PM and I just want to go to sleep. :p

BUT... I have my fabric for my cloak!!!! I'm going to be cutting and sewing it tomorrow. I'll let y'all know how it goes and I'll definitely share pictures. :D

Larry H
07-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Ooh, I also wanted to say: fresh herbs make everything better.

I made a shrimp stir-fry last night with some farmers market snow peas and broccoli. At the last minute it occurred to me to throw in some basil from the garden. Oh, it was so good.

zoodo613

I love to cook and have been told I am good at it. I am ashamed to say that I seldom use fresh herbs. Now that I have moved to Florida I can grow herbs all year round. You have inspired me to plant a herb garden when I get home next month. Thank You!!:hug:

Larry,

Larry H
07-02-2011, 01:54 AM
[QUOTE=jomatho;3915961
So last night, we did have strawberry pie and mine was only about 1" wide at the crust[/QUOTE]

WOW!!:carrot::carrot::carrot: Tremendous self control!:D:D

Strawberry Pie is hands down my favorite and I am not sure if I could limit myself to a 1 inch slice. WAY to go!! :bravo:

Larry,

jeniansmom
07-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Serbrider: can't wait to see the pics!

Melissa: I have been off and on the forums for 4 years. And yes, usually when I disappear it's bc I am falling off the wagon and not using any of the tools in my bag to work on being healthier. I've always felt welcomed back to 3FC though so hopefully those you mentioned will come back if/when they need to :)

Yesterday was an interesting day. 1600 calories, 133 grams of carbs. I planned for a "bad meal". On Fridays DH usually brings home take out for supper from a little store he likes. I decided on a small loaded steak and cheese. Looked up nutrition info online and took the average. I made a big salad and ate most of that first so that by the time I ate the sandwich I wasn't that hungry. The bread was soggy by then. I ate half of the small outright and then just ate the middle out of the rest. It was good, but not nearly as good as I had anticipated. So that was interesting.

I really have a psychological need for sweets at the end of the day. I need to go back to the low carb sweets I used to make..cocoa powder, ricotta cheese, splenda in a food processor topped with unsweetened whipped whipping cream.

Time for breakfast even though I'm not hungry. I have to be to work in an hour so if I don't eat now I will be ravenous by the time I get out at 12:30 and I will want to eat everything in sight. This would not be good for the dog, cat or son :)

Happy, healthy day to all
Jen

Vixsin
07-02-2011, 09:21 AM
TOM got in town last night. Gladly, my body relaxed a little and I'm down 1.6 to 188.4.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! I'll try to check back later.

berryblondeboys
07-02-2011, 09:45 AM
I am down another pound today. Man... I was holding so much water weight for ovulation. It is crazy! I've lost almost 7 pounds in a week! I knew I was because I was so puffy, but still!

mamakat
07-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Good Afternoon All,
I can't remember the last time I checked in, the days are starting to fog. I didn't get to exercise yesterday but I ate well. Then we walked the mall for 45 mins, I walked fast when I could (too many people). I was feeling guilty for not exercising, but then my son (15) joined me while I was watching Stand Up on comedy central. It's rare when he is social so instead of exercising he and I laughed hard from 12-3. That's 3 hours of hard laughing, my stomach was killing me. So okay it isn't aerobics but my stomach got a good workout.

I will try to get in a workout today. Already DH fed me a big breakfast and now I'm all heavy feeling. I want to go out but afraid to ask as my son is still conked out and DH is on his computer. I want to walk a trail. We have a gorgeous long day why not, right? Waaaa, I don't know what to do.

Larry you said it perfectly about the friends that come and go here. This is a life struggle and then life sometimes gets in our way. I started here last Nov. and I was doing good, but I got sick (with Bipolar and other junk). I wasn't/haven't given up on my journey to healthyland it's just other stuff tried to get in my way. It's almost like life is watching us and when it sees that we're doing the right thing...haha, it jumps in front of us. LOL is that paranoia creeping up on me? :p

berry and vixsin every time I pop in you too are dropping the pounds...good job. I look at your avatars as I read and you two are smiling so brightly I can just see the happiness and triumph over the pounds down.

jen I am totally relating to the sweets thing. All week I've wanted "dessert". Really I'm craving a peppermint patty. Yesterday we went to TGIFridays and I got this teeny salad, I was under the impression it was bigger. My daughter ate before we left the house so she ordered dessert. Only she couldn't chose out of two so my DH said get both. OMG they ate it in front of me. My son must of really been thinking of me yesterday...he ate none even after they tried to force him. He looked at me and just kept shaking his head. I love him :)

Serbrider I'm glad you're back. While you were gone I was thinking about you. You mentioned a diet I had not heard of so I looked it up on line. I got more confused and then you weren't here to tell us how it was going. Are you still doing that diet? How did you learn about it?

Okay, I'm gonna go see if they want to venture out today. Keep your fingers crossed. I'll let you know. Have a great weekend everyone!

abbysue715
07-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Stayed within calories and got to my 1000 calorie deficit for the last 3 days!

shishkeberry
07-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Ugh, i'm a little nervous. An old high school friend of mine had a baby in April and I'm driving two hours to see her for the first time in almost 8 years. Ha, that was 50lbs ago, too. She was always my super skinny pretty friend to boot. I'm nervous!

Serbrider
07-02-2011, 03:01 PM
mamakat... uhh... what diet? Gluten free? Vegetarian? Paleo? IF?

:p

Well... I'm not doing Paleo... but I am still mostly gluten free. I DO eat corn and rice now... and am feeling no ill side effects... so I'll keep doing so. I'm doing IF... and... it just works for me. Not eating until noon or later... or if I do eat breakfast before noon I skip lunch... it just... works. It makes me realize that I'm eating food not just to eat food... but because I need nutrition and I'm actually hungry. :)

So... yeah. I'm not quite sure which of my many diets you're thinking of... but... what I'm doing now is working for me. Not really a diet... more conscious thinking... of... "am I really hungry?" "is it really worth it?"... and I'm finding that I'm starting to eat more and more like my skinny friends are... not on purpose... but yeah.

alaskanlaughter
07-02-2011, 03:33 PM
good morning...the scale is beginning to drop down again since i dropped my carbs lower the last few days...need to go do some errands and shopping today and have a birthday party/bbq to go to later...strange that i dont have much else to do today

Serbrider
07-02-2011, 03:42 PM
O_O

205.5 this morning.

I must have had some serious water weight from camp... I really did go from 212 when I first got back to 205.5 in one week... wow...

It really has been half a pound to a pound a day...

:p

Now... the real question... how well do my size 12 jeans fit now? ;)

mlgibson
07-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Seems like everyone has had a pretty good day!!

I actually came in under my calorie goal for the day, so good times. I didn't weigh myself this morning...trying to break the habit of weighing everyday. Going to see how it goes tomorrow...can't wait till I get under 170lbs!

Once the dog gets a new collar I can start taking him on walks again, assuming the raining stops long enough. He is a Great Dane puppy, but already over 100lbs! So he is a hard one to handle when he gets excited, lol.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Serbrider
07-02-2011, 09:20 PM
I need to eat... but now I'm getting nauseaus.

Today I slept in until noon, was on the phone until 2:30... and hadn't even had anything to drink.

I had a cup of coffee, and a cup of orange juice...

And then I was working on my cloak... and forgot to eat.

And now it's 7:20... and the only other thing I've had is like... a small handful of York Pieces... >.<

Great... I'm probably at 300 calories... if I'm lucky.

And I'm getting dizzy when i get up... but I look at food and I feel nauseous... URGH.

Ok... going to make myself eat... and drink water. I don't want to starve myself... but I want to finish my cloak... :(

K9Owner
07-02-2011, 10:20 PM
I made a post earlier from my phone, but for some reason, it didnít show up!
Today was spent poolside for my sisterís bday!
We had so much fun. The :sunny: was nice and HOT, just like I :love: it, and most of my immediate family was there. We had a few of her friends over as well for a cookout and some homemade blackberry cobbler :drool:
The only thing I counted was the innumerable memories. Brainstorming, Iíd say I had a 2000 cal day.
Iím so stressed about all the counting that I can hardly sleep, making it difficult for my numbers to go in the opposite of UP! This cycle MUST stop!
However, if while adjusting your lifestyle change requires you to do activities that you know is impossible to maintain to continue to lose weight, how will it ever work once youíre in maintenance?
Prime example: I know that if I eat pizza or have Merlot, even if it is in my allotted calories, I gain weight for the next few days. So, I work out and eat in detox mode for a couple days afterwards to make up for the gain. The entire week last week, I completely beat myself up mentally for 4 slices of pizza and a bottle of wine. So, when a friend brought me a Starbucks Mocha Chiller something (I donít really get Sbux that often to know the names) Friday, I was too busy researching the calories and deciding there was NO WAY I was drinking the entire cup of it to enjoy it :(

I believe this is unhealthy to think this way. I mean stressing over every calorie, every processed carb, every...well everything!
ďAll things in moderation!Ē
Right?

berryblondeboys
07-02-2011, 10:28 PM
I made a post earlier from my phone, but for some reason, it didnít show up!
Today was spent poolside for my sisterís bday!
We had so much fun. The :sunny: was nice and HOT, just like I :love: it, and most of my immediate family was there. We had a few of her friends over as well for a cookout and some homemade blackberry cobbler :drool:
The only thing I counted was the innumerable memories. Brainstorming, Iíd say I had a 2000 cal day.
Iím so stressed about all the counting that I can hardly sleep, making it difficult for my numbers to go in the opposite of UP! This cycle MUST stop!
However, if while adjusting your lifestyle change requires you to do activities that you know is impossible to maintain to continue to lose weight, how will it ever work once youíre in maintenance?
Prime example: I know that if I eat pizza or have Merlot, even if it is in my allotted calories, I gain weight for the next few days. So, I work out and eat in detox mode for a couple days afterwards to make up for the gain. The entire week last week, I completely beat myself up mentally for 4 slices of pizza and a bottle of wine. So, when a friend brought me a Starbucks Mocha Chiller something (I donít really get Sbux that often to know the names) Friday, I was too busy researching the calories and deciding there was NO WAY I was drinking the entire cup of it to enjoy it :(

I believe this is unhealthy to think this way. I mean stressing over every calorie, every processed carb, every...well everything!
ďAll things in moderation!Ē
Right?

I think you need to get "unstuck" from a number and get more stuck on a size/shape, lifestyle. Did you just see the post the other day that showed 155 and 155 of the same woman? If not, i'll find the link and show you.

Water weight is not fat and you need to realize that. It doesn't mean you are now 'fatter' for eating pizza or merlot. It means you are holding fluid and that's it. you know that it will come off with time and by not eating/drinking those things. Fat won't just 'go away' with time. It needs effort.

I have foods like that, but it doesn't mean I'm going to give up those foods. I just 'try' to laugh off the 3 pounds gained from eating tac seasoned meat or homemade salsa.

Heck, look at me every month - for two weeks (or longer) the scale doesn't move and then goes UP. I'm doing everything right, but my body is gaining weight/pounds. yet, then in a week I'll drop 6 pounds. I didn't lose all that 'fat' in that week. I had been losing it all along and my body was getting smaller! My chest/waist/hips were the same when I was at my highest with the water weight as it is now with almost 10 pounds difference on the scale.

yet, I know it's hard to get 'unstuck' on a number, but I think it's healthier that way to just go with the flow - making good food choices and being active and fit.

Serbrider
07-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Well... finished the cloak. So... now I'm off to eat... first bit of actual food all day apart from a small handful of york pieces... and I'm hungry... :p Like... actual hunger... ;)

IsabellaOlivia
07-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Saturday is my eating day and I don't track calories on Saturdays.

My moving didn't happen on Friday, instead it's happening on Monday. The college living office made a mistake and printed the wrong date on the contract. So when I showed up on Friday for my new keys with everything I owned packed up, I was told I had to wait over the week end, which has meant that I've had to unpack clothes, toiletries and plates/ cups to get by over the week end. And Sunday night I have to pack everything down yet again.
I'm noticing the stress makes me more prone to just want to eat a bag of chips and a can of Coke. It's making me want to return to my old emotional eating habits, but so far I've stayed away from that minefield path.

alaskanlaughter
07-03-2011, 01:26 AM
it was a good saturday for us...ran errands this morning with DH, he likes to be my "chauffeur" and go around with me...ran into an ex-friend at the store but at least she wasn't as stalker-ish as she used to be...went to a birthday party today and was SO PROUD that i stuck to veggies, some meat, and only a few bites of birthday cake with NO ice cream!! :) i reallyyyyy wanted alot of cake and ice cream but i was able to get through it! am sitting at 31 total carbs for the day but i might eat something low carb a little later tonight

shellsbrood
07-03-2011, 02:19 AM
Look at y'all go! I'm so proud of you. And BERRY!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on ONDERLAND!!!!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I promise I haven't fallen off the bandwagon. During the summer, I have all four of my kiddos at home everyday and I don't get the chance to get on here and post. I do read and catch up on everyone, but posting personals becomes too much. Next Monday, I start college classes, so I'll be even busier.

I think about each and everyone of you often! I have noticed that since I've stopped posting, my weight loss has slowed tremendously. I don't think that's a coincidence. But, I am still losing, so I'm happy with that! :D

Well, it's after 1am and I NEED to get to bed. Keeping making those great choices and stay strong! :hug:

K9Owner
07-03-2011, 06:59 AM
I think you need to get "unstuck" from a number and get more stuck on a size/shape, lifestyle. Did you just see the post the other day that showed 155 and 155 of the same woman? If not, i'll find the link and show you.

I do not have this link. I would like to see it. Thx

still
07-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Morning, guys!

Its been a whirlwind weekend around here. Weigh in this morning was 167 (yuck!) up two pounds from my 165. However, it was the garbage I ate yesterday, laden with sodium, that is making me hold on to water.

We were planning a wonderful bike ride for yesterday, but by 9:30 the temp was in the 90's. So I dragged DH and DS to the lake instead. It was such a great idea- we played in the lake, dug in the sand, and played in the splash park through the heat of the day. The only down side is that lunch consisted of concession stand nachos and french fries, which is where my water weight is coming from, I'm certain.

I'm proud as I've been keeping up with my exercising. And it cracks me up a bit that my highest weight lately was last month's goal weight.

berryblondeboys
07-03-2011, 09:27 AM
I do not have this link. I would like to see it. Thx

Here you go: http://everydaypaleo.com/2011/06/22/attention-scale-addicts-part-2/

Now I don't think you need to eat a Paleo diet to do what she did.

Heck, right now I am exactly the same size I was when I got married - but I weigh about 10 pounds more. The difference is now I'm more fit, so my muscles are more compact, so I'm smaller than I would be if I was not exercising.

One of my very good friends in college weighed 155. I was shocked! She seemed so tiny! But she ran and exercised every day. She was all muscle.

Sum38
07-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Hello Ladies and Larry,

I see that K9 is leaving me behind :( I guess I need to up my ante.

Melissa wow, you are doing fantastic...as are Diana LA and Jo.

I have not lost nor gained. -- I feel kinda blah about weightloss. -- I bought basically a whole new wardrobe for the summer, from my favorite store WHBM...shorts I had to get them in 12's but capri pants 10's were just fine.

Summer is too short here in Michigan,and as you know, I love to entertain... me and my neighbors have been indulging a bit too much on our wine :eek:....but it is so much fun to sit outside and sip wine and chat.

My garden is producing goodies like mad. I am hoping that I will eat out of it and less fatty stuff.

I did make pulled pork last night. I cooked it in very spicy water with red pepper. Therefore the pork absorbed some spice as did the onions. -- It was to die for; sweet and spicy. -- I picked abound a pound of collard greens and made Southern style collard greens and those were a great addition to the pulled pork. -- As I said, I have so much stuff growing, I am loading my plate with the "good" stuff and then add a bit more of the "real good, but calorie rich" stuff :lol:

I hope all is well with you.

shishkeberry
07-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Seeing my friend was nice and her baby was so cute! I'm still at 268. I've gone over my calories the last few days, but not too horrible. I still had a calorie deficit, just not as large.

Vixsin
07-03-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm up .4 today to 188.8. I'm not worried. I have been on plan and have been really working to get my water in. It's hot here, so that helps. LOL Got in a little dancing last night. Had a late snack. i feel a little sore today from the dancing and of course TOM is still here. Had a great time at my friends house yesterday. Going to another cookout/pooplarty tomorrow. Bathing suit? Umm....not so much for me. LOL I'm going to tell them all tomorrow that "my bathing suit is in the shop" and see how that goes over. LOL I'm going to bring an extra set of clothes just in case I get thrown into the pool. LOL

Today, we're moving slow. I'm planning on trying to get a run in today so I can be ready for the cookout food tomorrow. I also have massive amounts of cleaning to do. Thankfully, all of that burns calories, so I should get some sort of something in today. LOL

mamakat
07-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Good Morning All,
Oh my I am exhausted. We did go on that hike and oy, I'm not sure I'll ever recover. DH said let's do the 3.5 hike, it was supposed to be easy but long. It was HARD. I don't think he gets I'm a 250lbs, short legged, cane using woman:p Oh my goodness all those uphill climbs and then coming down. My legs got a wonderful workout. I also used to poles this time and used them to pull me up and help me down. My arms got a good work out. It took us 4 hours!
Last night I was resting, barely moving and I got my first ever leg cramp/charlie horse/muscle contraction (whatever its called) in my inner thigh. I didn't even know you could get them there. OMG, I screamed in such pain, I thought for sure we'd get knocks from neighbors. It still hurt, but that means I worked them out :p I'll be laid up for a couple of days, but I'm OK with that.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend

Serbrider
07-03-2011, 11:29 AM
255.5 again this morning... and if I'm perfectly honest with myself... I'm a little relieved. While the half a pound to a pound a day thing was cool... it was also a little freaky... :p

So... yeah! Oh... and I think my left calf is starting to look like the right one... a little more toned. :D

berryblondeboys
07-03-2011, 11:41 AM
255.5 again this morning... and if I'm perfectly honest with myself... I'm a little relieved. While the half a pound to a pound a day thing was cool... it was also a little freaky... :p

Aren't you glad that was just a typo and not your reality?

Larry H
07-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Great to see Sumi and Shells checking in!!:D

Hi to all, no time today for personals but you are each in my thoughts :hug:

Meals Data for 7/2/2011

Breakfast
Publix Fiber Active Bran Cereal 1cup 120 calories 210 mg sodium
Milk, nonfat, w/added nonfat milk solids + vit A, fluid 3/4 cup 68 calories 97.39 mg sodium
Banana, raw (1 med fruit - 118g) 105 calories 1.18 mg sodium

Morning Snack
Pringles 100 Calorie Original 2 200 calories 190 mg sodium

Lunch
Egg Beaters 1/4 cup = 1 egg 3 90 calories 345 mg sodium
American Cheese Slice 3/4 oz 3 207 calories 797.1 mg sodium
Breakfast Home Fried Potatoes 3/4 cup 305 calories 294 mg sodium
Rye toast 2 slices 146 calories 374.22 mg sodium
Butter, salted (1/2 tbsp) 51 calories 40.9 mg sodium

Dinner
Home Made Green Salad (2 servings) 72 calories 51.14 mg sodium
Gyros Mango Flavored Vinaigrette (1 Tbsp) 0 calories 86 mg sodium

Late Snack
Apples, raw, w/skin (2 medium) 144 calories 2.76 mg sodium

Daily totals
1508 calories (almost right on target of 1500) :D
2489.69 mg sodium (489.69 mg higher than target of 2000) :(

Exercise: My DIL and my two GS joined me for a brisk 1 mile walk in hilly terrain. I felt great and the hills added a lot to my workout. :carrot:

My weight is unchanged at 226

Larry,

Serbrider
07-03-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm sorry berryblond... :p I really am. I should have really thought over that before I posted it.

I am PSYCHED that I lost weight that quickly for that amount of days. And I DO wish it would continue... I'm just not used to it going that fast... usually I have wooshes of 2-4 pounds... not a pound a day for three-four days...

I'm all dressed up... and feel sexy... going to church though... :p

Have a great rest of the weekend guys!! :D

jeniansmom
07-03-2011, 11:59 AM
yesterday was higher, 2300cals, 185 carb grams, but they were choices..went to the movies with my son, chose to eat the popcorn, that kind of thing. But still down another pound b/c it's still less than I was eating before.

Today we are going to a cookout. I'm not counting cals today. Will make up for it over the coming week. I know I will be drinking slushy margaritas and eating lots of "bad" but oh so good cookout food and laughing with family and friends. The last time I got serious about getting healthier and losing weight I tried to deprive myself of days like this and ended up resenting it and eating worse stuff later, so I'm going to try a different approach this time.

Happy, healthy day to all!
Jen

berryblondeboys
07-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Thanks Sum and Shellsbrood! Glad to see you both check in and Shellsbrood thumbs up in starting classes! Good luck!

sukale
07-03-2011, 12:47 PM
GRRRR...I was folding laundry last night and my arms felt a little sore/weak. I thought it was from my workouts. Then I broke out in a sweat. I checked my sugar and I was at a freakin' 38!!! So I ate some cereal, was still low so I ate some candy. So many extra calories. Then my alarm went of around 3 am letting me know I was low again. I had to go eat a granola bar and then go back to sleep. More wasted calories. GRRRRRR!!!!

How am I going to drop any weight like this. I am trying to figure out how much insulin to cut due to my workout but obviously I am not guessing well:?::mad:

berryblondeboys
07-03-2011, 01:14 PM
GRRRR...I was folding laundry last night and my arms felt a little sore/weak. I thought it was from my workouts. Then I broke out in a sweat. I checked my sugar and I was at a freakin' 38!!! So I ate some cereal, was still low so I ate some candy. So many extra calories. Then my alarm went of around 3 am letting me know I was low again. I had to go eat a granola bar and then go back to sleep. More wasted calories. GRRRRRR!!!!

How am I going to drop any weight like this. I am trying to figure out how much insulin to cut due to my workout but obviously I am not guessing well:?::mad:

If you are type 2 diabetic, I would look into and ask a nutritionist specializing in diabetes about Low carbing. Twice now I have been able to keep from using meds for regulating blood sugars by diet and fitness alone. Once with gestational diabetes and once again this winter/spring. My fasting glucose was 228 and my a1c was 8.7 Now my fasting is 85 and my a1c is 5.8 after just 3 months of eating low carb and exercising 6 times a week.

This was the recommendation of first a nutritionist and now a doctor. Eating this way is much better than relying on guess with with insulin. Especially since you are now dropping weight.

bopbot
07-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Hey, everybody. After years of yo-yoing up and down due to crash dieting, I'm ready to be healthy.

I've been eating pretty well for the past year, but without counting calories and exercising it hasn't made much of a difference in my weight. I decided to come down on myself beginning the first of this month.

I'm using LiveStrong's DailyPlate food diary to keep track of my calorie intake, and I'm working on an exercise program for Olympic race walking to get myself back into fitness. In a few weeks, when I'm a little fitter, I'd like to open a gym membership and begin using weights 2-3x a week.

July 1 - achieved calorie goal, 30 minutes race walking.
July 2 - achieved calorie goal, 20 minutes race walking. Used a great new recipe for delicious low-cal chili and equally delicious low-cal and very moist cornbread using Greek yogurt instead of oil.
July 3 - 20 minutes race walking. About to get down on an Anjou pear!

shishkeberry
07-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Welcome, bopbot!

IsabellaOlivia
07-03-2011, 10:27 PM
I was awake for about 6 hours today, the rest of the time I slept.
Calories: 822.
Work out: ripped in 30. 250 calories.

alaskanlaughter
07-04-2011, 12:32 AM
i took that old advice to heart today about bringing things to a get-together that i can eat....there is a big barbeque tomorrow afternoon after the parade that we're all going to...SIL said to bring whatever side dishes etc that i'd like to bring...i chose to make homemade (and low carb) deviled eggs, a sugar-free cheesecake, and pretty fruit kibabs...plus i know i can eat the burgers and hotdogs there, just without buns...so i feel much better going there, planning to eat, and knowing i can eat things there

in fact, i wrapped all 3 of my homemade goodie platters in plastic wrap so that DH will not get into them until tomorrow LOL!

K9Owner
07-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Iíve had a really okay weekend as far as food goes.
It has really taken a lot of :dust: to get past this mental game of eating poorly around others who are.

Sundayís Food
Blackberry Cobbler 250
Cheese Omelet, Polaner Allfruit, Cottage Cheese 193
Oven Roasted Chicken Salad (Subway), Fresh Blackberries 217
SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll, Glennís Cauliflower, Black Beans 359
Total 1019

Water: Approx 48 oz (prob more, but I forgot to log)

Iím up early for tennis this morning before I go to another cookout.
Happy Independence Day to all of my fellow Americans :)

Melissa: Thank you do much for that link!!!
I really needed that in living color.
My trainer friend has been trying to tell me this for months now.
Somehow, seeing the pics put things into perspective for me!

berryblondeboys
07-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Morning all - TTOM is here and brought .4 weight gain with her. I'm actually sort of glad I didn't get to 60 pounds lost before my stall out because it would STINK to have to gain after that!

I'm OK with it though. It's the way my body works and I know I'm only gaining water for the next two and a half weeks. At least it makes for a very fun 10-12 days when I lose like crazy after ovulation!

No formal exercise today. I have to clean and weed and get ready for our party we are having later today.

Have a great 4th everyone!

Larry H
07-04-2011, 11:58 AM
A good day yesterday!! Topped off by watching a very good 4th of July fireworks show at the local fair grounds. They had food vendor's galore and I am proud to say I did not buy anything!!:D:carrot::D What a change from last year!!:D

I ate a total of 1171 calories yesterday. The Swai fish I cooked for dinner was delicious and healthy. A spritz of Pam and a little Old Bay seasoning, Nothing else on the fish. I accompanied this with rice cooked in sodium free chicken bouillon. I had fresh finger vegetables with dinner. I could eat this every day!!:carrot::D

Lunch was at CICI'S at my DW request. I limited myself to a salad and three slices of pizza. This came to 575 calories, not bad for the large meal of our day but sodium is sky high in pizza. I ended the day eating 2229 mg of sodium 229 mg over plan.:(

I walked a mile indoors at Walmart as it rained all day and just stopped in time for the fireworks show.

My weight is holding at 226. My pattern seems to be big whoosh then 8 to 14 days of no change followed by another big whoosh. Now that I know this happens it sure makes it easier to accept a string of days with no scale movement.

Wishing everyone a safe, enjoyable and on plan 4th of July

Larry,

jeniansmom
07-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I didn't count calories/carbs yesterday, but I really didn't eat all that much either. I ate what I wanted. I did drink quite a bit over the course of the day and ended up over indulging. Having my once or twice a year hangover at the moment. Oh well. Today will be a fun day with my guys, we are going to a Pink Floyd tribute band/laser show/fireworks display. Again not counting cal/carbs today but being mindful of what I am eating.

Happy, healthy day to all.
Jen

alaskanlaughter
07-04-2011, 01:55 PM
good morning! we were up VERY late last night to watch the midnight fireworks downtown....i got all my cooking done for the barbeque this afternoon, did that yesterday, got the kitchen all cleaned up, rested with our son for awhile and then we went downtown about 2 hours ahead of time to get good seats on the waterfront for the fireworks...it was rainy and breezy, temps about 48 degrees, so we had our camping chairs and blankies and stayed, well not warm, but not too cold lol

got home after 1 a.m. and to sleep about 2 a.m. and, sure enough, our son woke up about 8 a.m....i am SO TIRED! and it shows...scale is up this morning and i didnt have the willpower to resist a few bowls of cereal this morning :( 2 little bowls but it was definitely full of carbs and not healthy...i plan on getting a nonfat GIANT mocha on my way to the parade this morning and then to be back on track after that...so veryyyy veryyy tired lol

Serbrider
07-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Today I was 209... why? Probably water weight... and I also felt a little constipated... because I had a lot of salty foods and some dairy. Genious me. ;)

Oh well... I had my riding lesson today! Can't wait until my next. :D But I want my riding tights and breeches to arrive... HURRY UP MAIL!!! :p

shishkeberry
07-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Hello everyone... Not much time because I'm on my way out to a cookout with my inlaws. I don't plan on calorie counting today, but I do plan on trying to be sensible and watching my portions. I'm also going to stick with water. I had a kick *** day at the gym yesterday and i'm going again on tuesday and thursday. Happy 4th everyone!

iamerican
07-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Bopbot: WELCOME!

Alaskan: Your homade food sounds delicious! I hope the BBQ was a success. I am jealous of your weather. I hate the heat. Maybe I need to move to Alaska.

K9: Congrats on having a good weekend and staying on plan! That is a feat!

Berry: that link was crazy. I would not believe that without the pics. Thanks for that.

Congrats everyone who made sensible choices this weekend. And those who got in exersice! Holidays are the pits sometimes to maintain healthy habits. So if you kept it up, congrats.

Today was my weigh-in. I was down 1.6 from last week! I did 30DS level 2 day 2 today! It was a bit easier than yesterday, but still killer. I SUCK at plank. I might have to do a feew extra days on this level if it keeps up being this hard. Hope everyone had a fantastic 4th!

IsabellaOlivia
07-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Happy 4th to the Americans.

Iamerican: Jillian is a killer

Today I ate a whopping 2720 calories. My work out was 413 calories.

My calories was so high because I couldn't sleep during the night, which turned my hormones insane. And also that I had 24 hours as opposed to 15 hours where eating was possible.
New today tomorrw ( technically now, since it's 3.30 am in England.)

Diana3271
07-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

I'm back! We had an amazing time! I had bought a few tank tops before we left. I wore those while I was at the beach. I've never worn a tank top out before. I swam every day at the indoor pool. I love swimming. It was really nice just being normal and fitting in. Not feeling uncomfortable about things. YKWIM?

I think I ate at a maintenance range on Friday. We won't even talk about the delicious foods that I ate on Saturday and Sunday. I had a plan though. I ate very light for breakfast and lunch so I could eat what I wanted for dinner. I was over my calorie ranges, but that's OK. Today, I ate under my normal calorie range. It was planned. I am full and satisfied, so that's OK.

I swam every day, sometimes twice. I also did some walking. This was my exercise while away.

I am just finishing putting everything away. I will see you tomorrow with my dreaded weigh in. ;) It is what it is. I will just have to own it! :lol: It's back on plan for me!

alaskanlaughter
07-05-2011, 12:50 AM
i just posted this in another thread...and i'm far too lazy and tired to re-type it all so here is a cut and paste

i definitely ate the carbs today....i don't feel like i overate, but i definitely ate what i wanted to and didnt' pay attention to the carbs...my body might ache because of it tomorrow though but tomorrow i get right back on plan and keep going...unfortunately tomorrow is the 5th and my monthly weigh-in but that's just the way the ball bounces, i guess...when i WAS HOME today, i ate on plan but we were gone practically the whole day and i ate what i wanted...i feel full but not overly full and painful...and back on plan tomorrow anyhow

also the food i made for the bbq was a huge success!! everyone loved it! they even loved the sugar-free cheesecake!

Larry H
07-05-2011, 01:29 AM
I had an on plan day for the 4th of July!!:D:carrot::D

1378 calories and 1924 mg sodium

Walked 1 mile and I even spent an hour swimming today!!:carrot: My first time swimming this year and it felt so good once I got used to the New York water temperature of 78 degrees. Kind of chilly for me now that I live in Florida.

My weight is steady at 226

Watched a great fireworks show at Albany, New York's Capital.

Larry,

K9Owner
07-05-2011, 08:20 AM
I thought I posted yest, but maybe not. Quick ck in, I'm going back to the field for berries this a.m. Work is tonight, so I'll try to ck back in before all that FUN begins!

:dust: for all of us to help us get back to our OP lifestyle!

jomatho
07-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Quickly checking in before my walk this morning. Had a wonderful weekend with my family, but was not on plan for most of it, :eek: I am up 5 pounds on the scale this morning too :eek: :eek: I knew I would be and was expecting it and almost talked myself out of getting on the scale, but that was the old me. I avoided it and avoided knowing the truth about my weight.
It was so nice to hop back on the thread at the point where Berry and Larry where talking about old regulars and then Larry posted all those quotes. Got me motivated again this morning! I don't want to turn into one of those falls off track and doesn't come back. Thanks guys.
Today, I am back at it and will add in some extra exercise, probably running to get the sweating going. I am also expecting TOM by Thursday, so that also accounts for some of that water weight.
Not a great start to the week or July, but instead of kicking myself and dwelling on it, I am just going to get back on plan and let it play out from here. I have to get the hang of life's little splurges and not let them turn into big blunders. I am still a work in progress!

Diana3271
07-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Hmm, Good Morning? :dunno: :lol: I am tired and sleepy this morning! I need a vacation from the vacation! :D This is going to be a busy week for me. I will be closing out my monthly bookkeeping.

Weigh In: 148.2 (still in my maintenance range :yay:)
Up: 4.4 pounds :yikes:

Have a fantastic day, everyone!

berryblondeboys
07-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Had a wonderful 4th. Party was way fun. I ate 1000 calories more than usually, but that was maintenance range AND I cleaned/worked around the house for 5-6 hours preceding the party (baking bread, cleaning the outdoor chairs, cleaning the deck, setting things up, cleaning bathrooms, etc).

Do I feel guilty? Nope. We have only 5 or so events like this a year. I will enjoy and make up for it by execising and eating lower at other times. Gotta enjoy life and food is one of the things I enjoy!

Now, my choices were mostly good. I just had some dessert and a bit of bread which I don't usually do, but it was worth it! Yum!

I'm up a pound today. Day 2 of TTOM and I still feel SOOOOOOO Full.