Chicks up for a Challenge - IF (Intermittent Fasting) Week Challenge #1 6/27 thru 7/3!

Monique
06-26-2011, 01:27 AM
Hey IFers! Welcome to our first Challenge thread! Anyone doing intermittent fasting is welcome to join us for the week starting this Monday and the rules are simple:

1. Set goals of what you'd like to accomplish this week and do it.

2. Workout at least three days out of the week (optional).

3. Report back here as often as you like to let us know how you're doing.

4. At the end of the week, we talk a bout how well we did and decide if we would like to continue with the challenges :).

Monique's goals:

1. I will only drink water during fasting time. No slip ups.

2. I will workout five days a week to Hip Hop Abs.

Monique

AriesNV
06-26-2011, 01:48 AM
My Goals:

1. I will only drink 1 cup of coffee during fasting, and then water thereafter.

2. I will work out at least 30 min per day this week.

geoblewis
06-26-2011, 03:04 AM
My goals:

I've been struggling to keep calories consistently low, so this week I'm going to keep my maximum daily calores at 1560, but will shoot for 1260.
I want to keep carbs under 80 gm.
I'll be doing Pilates five days this week. That's normal for me, so my challenge is to include three days of rowing, 40 minutes.

littlebumblebee
06-26-2011, 04:27 AM
Goals

1. I will drink only water during my fast.
2. I will exercise 7 days a week, with "30 day Shred".
3. When I eat I will eat only healthy foods, low in salt, and no sugars.
4. I will count my calories.

TooManyDimples
06-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Goals:

I will keep my eating window between 2pm and 8pm.
1200 - 1600 calories, 50 - 75 net carbs.
100+ oz of water daily.
I will exercise Monday through Friday.

Monique
06-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Welcome, everyone! Great goals.

Monique

FassGal
06-27-2011, 04:25 AM
1. Set goals of what you'd like to accomplish this week and do it.

My goal is to eat only two single-plate meals per day (preferably lunch & dinner).

2. Workout at least three days out of the week (optional).

I will work out six days this week (Monday - Saturday) for at least 90 minutes per day (fitness challenge at work)

FassGal
06-27-2011, 04:29 AM
Thanks so much for the challenge! I NEED it. Perhaps we can do it more often? Let's see how this goes, although I know it'll go well.

bleujean
06-27-2011, 04:39 AM
So glad to have stumbled on this thread, I've been considering IFing for awhile now and am so glad to have people to start with!

My plan:

3 to 5 Day Water Fast (only water during fasting periods)
No vigorous workouts, just the usual (easy) bike ride to work
No coffee!!!

After doing a fair bit of research this is the fast that I feel most comfortable with. Master cleanse has way too much sugar and I've never really trusted any liquid but water or vodka. From what I've read, ketosis can be achieved on water and is much better on your liver than anything low carb (high meat). I want to give my liver a break and think that this is the best way to do it. Work is mellow this week so I have absolutely nothing going on, and lots of 'busy work' (no brain power) activities. Here goes!

khat
06-27-2011, 05:49 AM
Great challenge Monique
1. My eating window will be from 2pm to 8pm
2. I will work out 5 days/week
3. I will drink at least 2L of water every day

runningmum
06-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Hi,

Can I join you on this? I'm new on 3fatchicks - but not to IF (mainly fast5, but sometimes ESE)... I'm now 165 lbs and want to reach 145.

This will be my challenge:
- My eating window will be from 5pm to 10pm
- When eating, I'll try to avoid simple sugars and "empty calories"
- During my fasting window, I will drink only water, coffee, tea - no diet sodas (Stevia and lemon juice tolerated).
- I will walk at least 4miles a day (that's easy for me, going from the train station to work, and back, etc.) 6 days/a week and run at least 3 days- 60 minutes/a week

PS: English is not my usual language, so please, excuse all the mistakes...

Blondie160
06-27-2011, 06:55 AM
1. Keep my eating window between 12pm and 6pm
2. Get full nights sleep every night
3. Keep calories between 1200-1600

I have 9 weeks to lose at least 15 pounds!

Monique
06-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Welcome, ladies! So glad you can join us.

I allowed myself to get spoiled drinking my sweet coffee every morning lately so saying, "No" to it while fasting is hard. LOL.

I'm in my first glass of water for the day....about to fill up again. Thank goodness for the "hydrate" app on my cell that helps me keep track of my water intake.

Let's have a perfect, ON PLAN day, ladies!

Monique

mypinkpolkadot
06-27-2011, 02:12 PM
1)Keeping only 6 hour fast windows [2-8 or 3-9 depending on schedule]

2)No sugar free rockstars during fast [kinda gives me stomach pains anyways drinking them on an empty stomach]

3)Only drink coffee/diet soda if I REALLY need the caffeine!

4)Work out every day. Even if its just walking for an hour.

littlebumblebee
06-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Hi Everyone

Today is my first IF day, and it helps me alot to be participating with others. The accountability helps to keep me focus and on track.

geoblewis
06-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Hurray! Day 1 of the challenge!

I weighed in at 301 lbs. Bumping up to the psychological weight barrier again. This week, I want to obliterate that obstacle!

Feeling good about limiting the calories and carbs. Have my pitcher of green tea iced tea made. Eating window is from 3 to 9 this week. I plan to have 1260 calories for my meals and then planned snacks if I'm still hungry later that I can cut off at 1560 calories.

I'm going to have an egg white scramble with shredded zucchini first, then tonights dinner is a seasoned Thai beef in lettuce cups and Asian slaw. I have some raw pecans to snack on as needed.

Time to go a rowing!

AriesNV
06-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Good Morning everyone!

I went exploring all day yesterday in the mountains to find more lakes/camp spots/ etc. So, I really got a good work-out/hike in. My thighs are killllling me!!!

This week my bf has offered to do the c25k with me! I kind of went "uhhh what?" because I am sooo not a runner, and now I'll have him pushing me to do it!!! It sucks, but I know it's great at the same time. I bought some new running shoes, so I'll definitely be OP this week *crosses fingers*

FassGal
06-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Day 1 :yay:

9 am - 1 bagel with cream cheese (I scraped off the cream cheese, so I have only a tiny bit. My stomach can't handle too much cream cheese anyway)

1:20 pm - Networking at Applebees - pick a pair lunch combo of Oriental Chicken salad (dressing on the side) with 1 breadstick, and 3 Wonton chicken tacos, with seltzer water with lime.

Workout - 105 minutes - 75 minutes of dancing DVDs and 30 minutes of strength training

Gosh I love this accountability. If I have to get back on here and report any more food then EVERYONE and their mama will know that I'm a fatty! LOL I don't want that, so I'll be good.

I thought I did well with my 430 minutes of exercise last week. My coworkers/teammates blew me out the water! One had almost 700 minutes of exercise. I think some of my teammates are adding time for every single activity they do, whereas I just include set, structured workouts. Well I'll start including the miles I walk to and from the trains. That's a workout with a heavy briefcase, climbing up and down stairs, etc. I need to get the battery in my watch replaced and carry my stepcounter with me.

sniperhil
06-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Hey there. Is it too late to join? If not, my goals for the week are:

To keep to my IF schedule of fast 16, w an 8 hour eat window. Would love to shorten this to a 6hour eat window w/in a couple wks.

To keep my cals between 1200-1600 daily

To jog m-f this wk

I'm starting this challenge at 151.5, but TOM is lurking around the corner!

khat
06-27-2011, 06:33 PM
My first day is over. I did ok but I do feel like crap. I didn't even leave the house today, my muscles are so sore, my neck and back hurt so much. I don't think it's due to exercise I feel more like I'm getting ill :( I have been doing IF for a few days and I felt fine so that also can't be the reason. I drank 3L of water, I ate from 2-8pm and I did 40 min on the stairmaster. So all my goals achieved for today! My calories were low I'm sure but my food choices were not that great...
Hope you're all doing better than me!

geoblewis
06-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Okay, I'm done eating too. I hope. I'm feeling quite satisfied at the moment, and I succeeded staying under my upper limit. Pretty proud of myself!

Now I need to hold it together until bedtime. Two more hours!

bleujean
06-28-2011, 01:06 AM
Hi gals! Had a great day today. I did a water fast to give my liver a break (this weekend was two nights of barhopping with my champion irish BFF followed by binge eating after, gross!). I was going to forego coffee but I was at work being useless so I relented and had a cup. Tomorrow I'll have an easy day of raw vegg and coffee. I feel great and so glad ya'll are here too. Feels like I've hit the 'reset' button :)

runningmum
06-28-2011, 05:51 AM
Hi Everybody... So first day of the challenge... I did well!...

- Had to wait until 7 to eat; had some fruits and then diner, chicken with coco milk and curry + green salad with lite dressing + milk chocolate (oups... ) Finished eating around half past 8.
- Did'nt walk 4 miles, but more around 3. But I went to the gym: lifted weight (upper body) and spent 75 minutes on treadmill/stationary cycle/starmaster (while fasting)

... Have a nice day today, looking forward to reading all your reports!

sniperhil
06-28-2011, 09:03 AM
First day of challenge (yesterday) and I did well. I surprised myself by jogging my planned route w/o walking (it's 1.6 miles). I haven't jogged seriously in years, so my goal was to keep the jog going and not worry about speed or distance too much.

My eating went well and I actually tried a new dish last nite. I cooked marinated chicken breast with a bit of whole grain spaghetti and asparagus, mushroom, and red onion. Delish. My husband loved it too, so that's a plus. It was sooo hard to quit eating when it was time. I didn't eat after my window, but it was hard. My cals were in at 1231, which is great.

Hope you're not getting sick Fassgal! Good luck today!

FassGal
06-28-2011, 10:27 AM
:yay: sniperhil on your first successful day on the challenge!
NO, I'm not getting sick, and if I am I'm gonna ignore it. I don't have time for sickness; I have a fitness competition to win! BTW what made you say that?

FassGal
06-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Day 2: :yay:

Workout - 315 minutes - walk 280 minutes; cardio salsa dvd (35 mins)

1:45 pm - BK Bacon Cheddar Ranch Tendercrisp sandwich (no onions)
I did a 24 hour fast without trying! :woohoo: My last meal was at 1:20 pm yesterday. I can honestly say that I haven't been hungry since that last meal until about an hour before I ate this sandwich (which was 900 calories of yummy goodness! Now that I've eaten it, I will not have it again anytime soon)

9:15 pm - rice, veggie salad with craisins, no dressing and tiny black plum with multivitamin.
I wasn't hungry, but I have a long night tonight so I ate a little bit since I can and to prevent thinking about food later tonight. I know that I am done. I'll brush my teeth and continue working. I am so very thankful to be gainfully employed; I must work hard to stay that way!

Monique
06-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Morning, ladies! Day one went great for me. I could have done better with the water drinking but it's all good.

Khat, feel better and no worries...there is always room for improvement.

I was given a large chocolate chip cookie this morning and I was good and wrapped it in plastic for when my fast is over.

Everyone keep up the good work.

Monique

mypinkpolkadot
06-28-2011, 01:56 PM
I didn't get to eat till 5 yesterday (was suppose to be 2..but i was working alone and busy! yay for people calling in sick!)

I did an hour and half at the gym..mainly cardio. and stopped eating at like 9:30...

Didn't have a rockstar! So all in all a good day, just had to adjust my hours a bit. =)

khat
06-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Monique, thanks and good job avoiding that cookie :) I think you will enjoy it even more later!

I'm having a dilemma. I started my window at 2pm, had lunch at 3pm. But now I'm going for a run at 8.30 pm because it's so damn hot I have to wait for the temperature to come down. I think I should definetly eat something after, but then I'll be out of my goal eating window. Maybe just some fruit or something?

I weighed in today and I'm 0.1 pound away from my mini goal I didn't achieve last week.. C'mooooooon fat go awaaaay!!!

geoblewis
06-28-2011, 02:47 PM
I am on the cusp of the 200s, again. Weighed in at 300 lbs this morning. I am grateful for participating in this challenge! It's what kept me on track yesterday.

Today I have a class in Sacramento, so I'm planning to take food with me. I tend to make stupid food choices when on the road, because I get edgy on the road. I may eat a big salad before I leave, just to make sure I don't get tempted on the way. And I'll have something delicious waiting for my dinner when I get back, so I can focus on something I want. And I'll bring iced tea for the road.

I've not exercised yet this week. Pilates tonight when I get back. Hoping it'll help me sleep later. My sleep cycle is all messed up!

sniperhil
06-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Fassgal

EEEEK! I'm soooo sorry! :oI saw that Khat said she was feeling ill and I guess I got your names mixed up bc I'm so used to seeing you both on 12 wks to take off! :oSOOOOORRRRY! I'm glad you asked or I wouldn't have noticed. Shame.:(

315 mins of exercise in one day?! Awesome!:carrot:

Khat

:Dtehehehe....Sorry you're not feeling well and that I got your username mixed with fassgal:o...It sounds like you're feeling great today from the tone of your post. I bet that .1lb will be gone by weigh in on wed/thurs.:carrot:

khat
06-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Hehe.. Yeah we're all doing both challenges so its easy to get mixed up. I'm horrible with keeping track with everyone :) I forget about my post let alone other peoples posts :D
I do feel better thanks, I don't know what was up yesterday.. I hope you guys are doing good too. Fassgal 315 min of exercise sounds amazing! I wish I had your motivation!

littlebumblebee
06-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Hi everyone, keep up the good work.

I had too much salty food today, and I am really thirsty and struggling to drink water. I must avoid salty foods.

FassGal
06-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Sniperhil & khat, if it weren't for the money my job is offering in a fitness competition and my teammates holding me accountable then I certainly would not work out as much. Last week I exercised for 430 minutes (7 hours, 10 minutes, avg. 1 hour per day) and was labeled "the weakest link" on my team. Moreover, my boss (who's a team member) pointed out that it was I who rounded up everyone so I should not be last! Although she was gentle, my pride won't let me suffer through that again :) Ah well, it's about time I really kicked my behind into gear, instead of continuing with the start-stop fitness cycle I've been on for the last 3 years.

khat
06-29-2011, 06:39 AM
I'll have to change my eating window today. I have to work from 3-7pm and it takes me an hour from and to work with the bus so I have to eat before I go at around 1.30 pm. Hopefully I can find some healthy snacks to eat at work because I'll be home to late for a big dinner :(

sniperhil
06-29-2011, 09:09 AM
day 2 recap:

Completed second jog, my thighs hurt! and oddly enough, my triceps from holding the jogging stroller in the right postition. Heck yeah, I'll take some tricep work anytime I can get it.

Calorie count held to 1319, so that's great. I guess I'm storing up extra cals for the 3 day wkend by staying on the low end of my calorie goal.

btw everyone, fiber one has come out with a 90 cal brownie that has 5 grams of fiber! I normally don't eat fiber supplement products bc they give me a bad bloat, but these are brownies!!!! They're ok, mine are better, but mine aren't 90cals a serving

FassGal
06-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Day 3 :no:

9:50 a.m. - 1 everything bagel twist w/ scraped off cream cheese, 1 small McCafe Mango Pineapple smoothie

1:00 pm - Applebee's Half-size Fried chicken salad with a little honey mustard dressing, 1 breadstick, seltzer water with lime & no ice

I ate a third meal!!!! Ugh! I ate rice, salad and a tiny peach with a multivitamin around 8:30 pm. I'm sooooo disappointed in myself. :(

Workout = 60 minutes - 20 minutes of weightlifting, 40 minutes of aerobic exercise to music

I realize I do way better on days I workout first thing in the morning. I think working out just puts me in that frame of mind to watch my other actions, whether I make a conscious effort to do so or not. Working first thing in the a.m. usually doesn't help me very much and I never get as much work done as I plan to anyway, so I may as well workout, which also helps to keep me focused and more alert during the day. Go figure! Aaaaw well, Day 4 will be better.

Monique
06-29-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm down two pounds this morning which is cool. Great to be back on track. I did my 30 minute Hip Hop Abs workout yesturday and will do the same today.

Khat, I think id ever you feel you need to stretch or change your window, then go for it. Yesturday, I did that actually.

Great job, ladies!

Monique

geoblewis
06-29-2011, 12:44 PM
My oldest and I went out to dinner last night. Did really well on calories yesterday, but I caved to a bread pudding (stopped myself at half) and went appreciably over on the carbs. Yipes! Not showing a loss or gain this morning. Phew!

I had a remarkable night's sleep last night and got up earlier than usual this morning. I feel good today! I'm going to add a proper night's sleep to my challenge list, because when that happens for me, everything goes well the next day.

Angelique
06-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi! Just found this challenge. I've been doing IF since Memorial Day and absolutely love it! It fits into my lifestyle a lot better than the eating every two or three hours when I wasn't even hungry or eating breakfast even though I was never hungry in the morning. I fast from 9 pm to approximately 1:30-2:00 pm most days. I only drink water during the fast.

Even though I'm starting late...here are my goals.

1. Weight train at least twice this week.
2. Cardio Workouts three times this week.

I am recovering from a cold and so far I've only done 40 minutes of step aerobics, so I'll need to get a move on!

FassGal
06-29-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm down two pounds this morning which is cool. Great to be back on track. I did my 30 minute Hip Hop Abs workout yesturday and will do the same today.

Great job, ladies!

Monique

:carrot: I've been losing about a pound per week, which is way better than no loss. But I'd love to start losing 2 lbs per week.

littlebumblebee
06-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Monique, congratulations on losing 2 pounds!

I am doing a 24 water fast today. I am feeling bloated and need to feel better.

TooManyDimples
06-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Way to go Monique!

I'm doing well this weekend. The only think I'm lacking in is getting my exercise in. I had a rough TOM and today I had to do a bunch of errands. I really want to make some big progress in July so once Friday gets here I'm going to get very serious about the exercise again. Everything IF and eating related is great though.

Hope everyone is doing well!

khat
06-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Day 3 is up for me, I did ok, I feel a bit hungry because I'm used to a good dinner after workout. I did my cardio before work in the afternoon, had a normal lunch and then I just grazed at some apples and almonds.. So now I miss that nice full feeling that makes me sleepy.. I'm eating out tomorrow with the family and I can't wait, it's at my favorite restaurant!
Day 4 tomorrow!

sniperhil
06-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Day 3 went good for me. I did my jog and had 1567 cals. It seems high, but my daily target is 1633. I'm zig-zagging my cals so that if we have a family thing for the 4th, I don't have to be so strict with my cals. I've already saved around 750 cals for the wkend. Kinda like storing up for winter :)

Khat

Be careful!!!! You've gotta eat! At a glance, you probably had less than 700 cals. If that! Enjoy eating out with the fam! :)

originally posted by Fassgal

I ate a third meal!!!! Ugh! I ate rice, salad and a tiny peach with a multivitamin around 8:30 pm. I'm sooooo disappointed in myself.

I wouldn't be so upset about that. Do you know how many cals you consume daily? You may not be getting enough and your body was saying that it needed more! :)

khat
06-30-2011, 01:19 PM
sniperhil: I know I was low yesterday but sometimes it happens. I guess I'm zigzagin calories too, even if I don't really plan it :)
Today I'm eating till I'm full for dinner and because I've hurt my back I'll just go for a nice walk with my ex exercise buddy who's also hurt (knee) :(
We're getting old I guess.. Who stretched and warmed up before running around like a maniac when he was 10 years old?!?

mypinkpolkadot
06-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Ahhhh! I have 2 hours left till I can eat.. and for whatever reason I am STARVING.. Work is so slow, but it usually is.. so IDK why I am so hungry.. BAH! Hopefully I won't cave in.

geoblewis
07-01-2011, 02:43 AM
I knew this challenge was going to help me...I broke below 300 lbs. for the first time in 20 years! I'm so happy with my progress!

So, today was an emotionally charged day for me, but I was able to stay on track with calories. My TOM arrived, about a week early, which explains my ravenous hunger in the week previous. I'm feeling a bit more in control of the appetite now. I'm going to push myself to shave a few more calories off everyday. Cutting another 50 calories every few days. I do pretty well until the end of the day. Like right now, I need to go to bed or I'm going to go a pillaging in the pantry!

G'nite!

FassGal
07-01-2011, 05:59 AM
:woohoo: :congrat: :cheer: way to go geoblewis!

FassGal
07-01-2011, 06:08 AM
Day 4 :mad:

:no: not again! not again!

I ate two meals, then I came home and ate a third.:(

In addition, I did not workout at all.

Day 5 MUST be better. I have had two bad days and I cannot afford to have anymore.

I've put the scale in the trunk of my car. I weigh myself way too often and the numbers I see affect my mood, etc. Since I weigh in on Wednesdays or Thursdays, I will take it out of my trunk on Tuesday night, weigh myself, then put it back. My focus should be on establishing lifelong behaviors and habits, because that will lead to my goals of losing weight and never having to suffer through this process again! The scale just lets me know whether what I'm doing is working, in other words, it gauges my progress. I've gotta keep things in perspective.

Monique
07-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Georgia, awesome job.

Angelique, welocome.

Fassgal, great job. Everyone is different when it comes to how much they lose. But like you said, at least it's coming off at all. Haha.

Littlebumblebee, awesome job with the fasting.

Kim, thanks! Keep up the great work.

Khat, we all have our slip ups...no worries.

Sniperhil and pinkpolka, awesome job.

I started my period this week....ick!!!! Hate a TOM time! I never feel like working out during that time.

Anyway, I'm liking having this challenge going. What do you all say we extend it for the entire month of July and see where that takes us?

A lot of my friends at work want to suddenly start losing weight too so I'm glad...more weightloss buddies.

Have a great day, ladies.

Monique

littlebumblebee
07-01-2011, 07:42 PM
geoblewis: Congratulations on your success!

FassGal: I refuse to use the scale. When I see a gain, or I do not lose any weight, I get upset and give up. It is easier for me to not weigh and stick to my goals.
I get weighed at the doctor's office, and that is enough.

Monique count me in for July, because I need all of the accountability that I can get.

sniperhil
07-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Khat

We're getting old I guess.. Who stretched and warmed up before running around like a maniac when he was 10 years old?!?

lol! Running was fun when I was 10, too. Even though I was chunky and slow! Hope your back feels better

Geoblewis

Great Job! Keep up the good work!

Fassgal

It's ok, we all have slip ups. I had a bad slip with my eating last nite. We had hogs in the trap, so we were out taking care of them until 8:30. My window is only open til 6:30 and I wish I could say that I didn't eat. I ate everything in sight. And it wasn't even good. Today will be better. Don't be discouraged

geoblewis
07-02-2011, 10:11 PM
I was totally off challenge yesterday. Went to a garden party and had a HUGE margarita, and a glass of wine. And there was food. I was trying not to eat too much. I guess I did okay, because today I still weighed in at 299 lbs.

Today has gone much better with the calorie intake. I didn't really get hungry most of the day. Then I had a huge salad with some tuna and now my appetite is awake. But I still have calories in the budget for another meal, so I'll be okay.

The other day I cleared out my closet. I got rid of two large suitcases full of clothes! All my size 28s are gone! I also got rid of one pair of size 26s. I have one pair of size 26 shorts that I hung on to for wearing today. And I can almost take them off without unbuttoning them! So I'm definitely in the 24s now.

I have to buy a bathing suit. I'll be regularly going to this garden party thing over the summer. The suit I have was also too big now. Not sure if I should buy a 24 or a 22. What do you all think?

littlebumblebee
07-03-2011, 05:05 PM
sniperhil and geoblewis

I had a difficult time too. Saturday night, I went way overboard with my calories. I was stressed and I started stress eating. I had half a bag of chocolate chip cookies, and chips galore.

I need to find a better solution to handling stress than food. I am back on track and I am doing a 24 hour water fast.

FassGal
07-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Thanks sniperhil and littlebumblebee

Monique I would love to participate in an IF challenge for the entire month of July! Will there be some type of recognition or reward for those who stuck with their IF goals (excluding exercise, weight, etc. just intermittent fasting/feeding) for the most days this month?

My asthma started acting up really badly. I haven't had any problems since the last time I ate shrimp two years ago. Ugh!

Anyway, I'm back on track!

FassGal
07-03-2011, 06:33 PM
My Goals were:

1. to eat only two single-plate meals per day (preferably lunch & dinner).

2. to work out six days this week (Monday - Saturday) for at least 90 minutes per day (fitness challenge at work)

I stuck to my IF goal of eating only two single-plate meals per day for the first three days of the challenge. Boo! I'll IF for more than three days this week.

I completed my workout goal successfully, with 690 minutes of exercise! :broc: That's 11.5 hours of exercise everyday, over 1.5 hours of exercise per day. If any of my teammates did more than that, then good for them! That was hard work and I'm proud of it, even if I am still the weakest link. (I really hope that I'm not, though) :p

Monique
07-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Great work, ladies....let's finish off this month right and shed a few pounds.

I'm still at a two pound loss for the week...could have stayed on plan a bit better but it's ok. I'm still really excited that my co-workers and I are gonna start going to the gym at our job together this week since they remodled it and made it easier for us to access. That will help me shed pounds fast doing it with others. My goal for this month is to get from 217 to 212.

Anyone else have any goals?

Monique

geoblewis
07-04-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm glad that I lost two pounds with this challenge and broke past 300 lbs. I wasn't entirely OP, but I found success, and that's what I was in this for!

My goals for the rest of this week are to get back to being on track after the holiday and finding a way to stay focused for the summer. I have two eating events this month, and one of them is my high school reunion. Blech! I want to lose at least five more pounds by then (the 30th). My challenge is to find exercise that I can do in comfort. I do NOT like sweating, and summer weather always makes me uncomfortable. I'm going to start having to get up very early to get on my rowing machine in the back yard. I can still do Pilates at the studio and I can lift weights at home in the living room with fans blowing on me. I guess I'll be showering a lot more.

Good thing about hot weather...I don't feel much like eating.

runningmum
07-05-2011, 03:29 AM
Hi everybody...

Just to say: went off the challenge because... I found out I was pregnant... But, unfortunatly, I'm already not anymore...

I need to find something to move on: a new IF challenge for july would be great... Tell me if you're in...

FassGal
07-05-2011, 05:13 AM
Monique , are you going to create a new thread for the rest of July?

sniperhil
07-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Goals for the week:

1. Keep to my eating window. 10:30-6:30

2. Do pilates and then zumba 3 times

3. jog 2x this wkend

4. LOSE some weight! :)

Congrats Fassgal on your exercise goal! :D

Runningmum

:( I hope you're ok.

FassGal
07-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks sniperhil

Meal 1, 10:30 am - 1 bagel w/ scraped off cream cheese, 2 tiny plums and 1 tiny peach (all 3 fruits were small enough to fit in one of my hands at the same time)

Meal 2, 3:30 pm - 1 Burger King A1 Steakhouse burger, no onions, no mayo

Workout - 100 minutes. I was not the weakest link on my team; my boss who chided me for being the weakest link week 1 was the weakest link in week 2.

runningmum
07-06-2011, 03:31 AM
... Hi Everybody!... I'm impressed!...

So my challenge for july:

Make a streak of IF days...
Make a streak of walking/running at least 4 to 5 miles a day...
Lift weight/do home gym at least 2 times a week
Avoid simple sugars

... until the next +++...

FassGal
07-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Monique , are you going to create a new thread for the rest of July?

I guess not

FassGal
07-06-2011, 01:41 PM
I hate when people yawn without covering their mouths! Ick! :barf: I don't want to smell or feel your hot breath, or look at the tartar on your teeth or see your silver fillings. COVER YOUR MOUTH!!! Unfortunately I'm stuck beside a man who keeps doing that and I want to scream at him. :nono: Some folks have no home training, manners, etiquette, whatever word fits insert it here. Disgusting! :barf:

Pigout :( 9:05 am - sunflower seed bagel (had way too much salt -- never again) with 1 fried egg, tomato and sausage; 1 McD sausage, egg, and cheese McGriddle 2/$3 special (I threw the second one away - didn't even unwrap it) with 1 small Mango Pineapple smoothie.

Monique
07-07-2011, 11:00 PM
How's everyone doing? I've been working out these passed few days...it's been awesome.

FassGal, we'll keep the thread. We can just create a new one next month.

Monique

sniperhil
07-08-2011, 10:14 AM
just a check in:

I've jogged twice this wk, but only done pilates once, and no zumba at all. My husband's going to watch the kids so I can get another jog in tonight. I guess I'll just aim to jog 4 times this week and do pilates twice more. I'm trying to get consistent with my exercise but my kids are sick right now and it's just throwing a wrench into my routine. I normally do zumba or pilates while they play in their room, but since they're sick (my son's actually teething and possibly sick :( ) they're whiney and absolutely not putting up with me not tending to them! lol!

My daughter caught this cold (?) at vacation bible school so now I'm scared she'll catch every cold going around when she starts pre-k at the end of august. I sure hope not!

On the upside, I am doing well with my eating ATM. :) yay!

Monique
07-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Aww, sorry about your kids being sick. Great job with the workouts though. Keep it up.

I'm gonna take it up a notch and workout more days a week myself.

Monique

sniperhil
07-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Thanks Monique.

I've completed my 4 jogs for the wk and unless I do pilates today, I only have 1 session under my belt. Oh well. I will be a little bit more broad in my exercise goals next wk so that I don't feel like I didn't accomplish anything. bc in reality, I did have a great exercise wk. And I've been doing pretty well with my eating. Yay

TheManekiNeko
07-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi guys

I did my first day of IF today.

Unfortunately I got called into work at 3 so I had a larger eating window than I had originally intended because I didn't get home and so couldn't eat until 10.

Apart from that it all went well. Nowhere near as difficult to complete the fast as I had thought.

sniperhil
07-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Themanekineko

Awesome job.

Goals this wk:

1. Keep to my IF eating window (10:30-6:30) and gradually move it to 11:30-6:30

2. Do cardio 4x

3. Strength train 3x (2x if it's pilates, bc it's twice as long)

linda45
07-11-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm so pleased to find the IF challenge thread. I've been on a major lifestyle journey for 10 months & have lost 60 plus ponds. I 'm in the last phase of the first year & have decided on IF as a long term, simple solution. Due to a very challenging next 3 weeks my goals are simple.

Today: Eating window: 8-6
Eating Hungry to Barely Full
No head hunger(non-hunger) eating
64 oz Water

Rest of Week: As above except eating window 10-6

Monique
07-13-2011, 01:27 AM
Welcome, so glad you ladies can join us. I love IF!

Anyway, I've been keeping up with my exercise so I'm proud of myself for that because I hadn't worked out in quite some time before.

Keep up the great work everyone. Maybe for the month of August we can take it up a notch and try to lose five pounds each that month. It can be done! Haha.

Monique