Mini-Goals - Just lost 40lbs!

View Full Version : Just lost 40lbs!

Rubiehart
06-25-2011, 01:29 PM
As excited as I am that I have lost 40lbs I am kind of bummed that I cannot see it. I exercise quite a bit (P90X and Body Conditioning 4x a week) and I am a full on vegan with a limit on 1400cals but sometimes I find that I only lose 1/2lb a week, if that. Not to mention my mid section isn't changing which is sucks. Anyone have good tummy burning exercises? I am really bad at sit ups... :dz: I would like to lose another 40-50lbs by Christmas. HELP!

fatferretfanatic
06-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Great job! 40 pounds is a major accomplishment!! Don't shortchange yourself, I bet others can really tell-sometimes it's really hard to see our changes-do you have any 'before' pics to compare with pics of you now? I keep to 1400-1600 calorie limits, and some weeks, I lose nothing! I also exercise six days a week running and doing kettlebells. BUT, every month, I whoosh 2-3 pounds at the beginning and end of the month. Any loss is a victory, and your body is still just getting used to all of this change, so sometimes it makes it harder for us to push those pounds off. Stick with it! I promise that you will have lost a considerable amount by Christmas! It is a common myth that you can 'spot burn' fat from specific areas-you can't-it comes off evenly through your body in all areas. But, you can do more core strengthening exercises and I promise that can't hurt-things like kettlebells or planks would help! Again, Great job!!!

Liliann
06-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Great job!!!

Rubiehart
06-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks Liliann and fatferretfanatic for your kind words. I can't weight for the day when I wont have to lose weight just maintain. :)