Weight Loss Support - Night eater needs help!

View Full Version : Night eater needs help!

exjordanaire
06-24-2011, 10:03 PM
I have just got my sleeping schedule back to normal, instead of staying up till 5AM and sleeping till 1PM or 3PM but my biggest problem is my night eating. I do well all day, eat enough calories to remain full and feel satisfied yet as soon as it gets around bedtime, my cravings go CRAZY. This is when I normally splurge and go completely off track.

Does anyone have any tips or advice that could help me beat these cravings? I'm really wanted to stay focused but it's the hardest at night.

Thanks, ladies. :)

exjordanaire
06-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Awesome! I'm really glad to hear that someone beat these cravings 'cause, man, they are something terrible.

I will take your advice and workout after dinner and I hope that does the trick. :D

hoping1281
06-24-2011, 10:29 PM
I have such a problem too. Since I work graveyard 11p-7a, I tend to eat my dinner at around 3am. Then I realized that it would not be a problem as long as I make healthy choices on what I eat. So instead of driving out in the middle of the night to the nearest Jack in the Box for a combo meal, I prepare my food before I take a nap. I usually make salad with raspberry vinaigrette my new fav btw, or I would pack a light yogurt and whole grain cereal and skim milk. Those would satisfy my hunger and leave me energized for the remainder of my shift. I also try my best to pack fresh fruit. So I would recommend that make a list of what foods you crave for at night and make alteration. If you crave sweets, opt for fruits or a light yogurt in the right portion and drink plenty of water. If you crave for carbs, make a slice of whole wheat toast and sugar free jelly or light peanut butter and drink a warm skim milk. So alteration and moderation is the key.

exjordanaire
06-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Thank you, hoping1281. :) I've worked the graveyard shift before and I know how hard it can be good then. So I will definitely make note of the foods I crave, (I think for me it's mainly carbs) and turn them into good snacks.

ddc
06-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Brush your teeth and go to bed instead of eating :)

onic28
06-25-2011, 11:22 AM
I was going to say the same thing, ddc! I've gotten into the habit of brushing my teeth about 30minutes after I eat each meal. After dinner, I wait about 30-45 minutes, brush my teeth with something mint-y and then about 30 minutes later, drink a final glass of water before getting ready for bed. Always does the trick!

M0vingon
06-25-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm an evening boredom eater. I have created a long list of rules for myself to quell the eating.
1) no eating anywhere other than the kitchen table (cuts out eating on the couch while watching TV)
2) Have a cup of herbal tea before eating anything (preferably something storng or citrusy- like lemon or mint tea)
3) Get out of the house (can't eat if I'm out walking or doing other activities)
4) Pick something off my ready made list of things to do (maybe something gross, like cleaning the toilets :P)

Maybe I'm crazy, but those things help.

sheramama
06-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Night eating is my biggest nemesis. I am doing better by:

1. Working out late. I can't eat and exercise at the same time
2. Chewing gum to curb eating
3. Finding something to keep myself busy
4. Taking a shower
5. As the others said, brushing my teeth

Good luck!!!!