Weight Loss Support - What do you look forward to the most...

atagirl
06-24-2011, 07:27 PM
I am curious about your alls thoughts. What is the one thing that you are the most excited about doing when you meet your goal? I think I am most excited about being able to play with my kiddos without sweating like a hog.

What is the one thing that you are excited about never having to do again once you get to goal? For this one, I must say that it will feel amazing to not walk into a room and feel like I need to scan the place to see if I am the heaviest one there.

How about everyone else?

Michi702
06-24-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm looking forward to shopping at all the places I never had the chance to - as someone overweight more or less all my life, I moved right from getting clothes at places like Ames (the stuff my mom bought me when I was younger) to buying stuff at Torrid, Wal Mart, Lane Bryant, etc. Not the most stylish of options in high school and even now as a 20-something. I admit, Torrid can have some hits but it's a lot of gaudy or dressy stuff I'm not all that into! I also can't wait to buy a once piece bathing suit again. I like the retro 1950's bathing suit styles with halter tops, but my gut/hips are so large that they aren't flattering on me at all.

As far as something I'll never have to do again? Hopefully never get 'the talk' from my doctor about losing weight. God I'm so tired of that!

Redgrl
06-24-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm looking forward to having the energy and flexibility to garden again.

I want to never have to think about whether I'll fit into a chair again when going somewhere (ballpark, someone's house, etc.).

Great thread!

geoblewis
06-24-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm looking forward to not feeling like I'm not entitled to the space I'm in.

And, I have a lot of stockpiled fabric that I want to turn into a fabulous wardrobe.

sidanne42
06-24-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm looking forward to a longer, healthier life. I want to be there for my son's high school and college graduations. I want to be a fun, active grandma if / when he marries and father's children. And for the next three short years that I have left with my teenage son, I want to live our lives to the fullest and have some awesome adventures together...zip lining in Costa Rica WILL be amazing!!!

:) Sidanne

http://www.tsflsupportinmotion.com/Tickers/Tickers/Images/Tickers/634440726107374111.gif (http://www.tsflsupportinmotion.com/)

juliana77
06-24-2011, 09:50 PM
I am looking forward to not having to check weight limits all the time. Was shopping for patio chairs the other day and there are plenty with 225 lb limits. Also things like horseback riding, etc.

Not to mention shopping in the entire mall instead of just one store. (My poor wallet!)

luckymommy
06-25-2011, 12:20 AM
I can't wait to walk into my closet and know that I can fit into anything in it! I have so many cute clothes because whenever I lose weight, I go shopping and then, unfortunately, I have always gained back and my closet has been full of regrets! I can't wait to own it again! ;)

FireFlying
06-25-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm really looking forward to being able to sit down without my gut pushing up against my ribs - it's uncomfortable. :p

mzKiki
06-25-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm looking forward to wearing shorts outside without being so self conscious that I keep tugging at them.

chickadee32
06-25-2011, 12:54 AM
I think mine are all "nots", lol.

Not feeling like the heaviest person in the room is a big one of mine. Not feeling like "the fat girl" all the time.

Not hating my body when I stand in front of the mirror naked.

Not wondering if I'll fit comfortably in places/through spaces. Chairs where the arms dug into my sides, booths close to the table in restaurants, needing to walk between close tables/chairs in a restaurant, etc.

Not worrying that I won't be able to find anything in the store to buy/wear for a special event.

I have to say, these are all things that have improved already. I had to take a few plane flights this week, and I fit into the seat so much more comfortably than I have over the past 5 years. I always fit before, but barely, and it was such a relief this week to feel like I wasn't encroaching on the space of the people next to me, even when I was in the middle seat! And while I don't exactly love what I see in the mirror now, I don't hate it anymore. :) Except maybe my thighs, lol.

IsabellaOlivia
06-25-2011, 01:13 AM
I look forward to being healthy and strong.
And to look good in a bikini.

gagalu
06-25-2011, 03:40 AM
seeing my face without all the fat on it for the first time

hometowngirl
06-25-2011, 04:07 AM
I'm looking forward to not having to make excuses about why I don't feel like going out. My weight has made me miss out on so much already.

darius
06-25-2011, 05:13 AM
I look forward to buying new clothes; I already have them picked out in my mind.

Riestrella
06-25-2011, 06:43 AM
seeing my face without all the fat on it for the first time

Oh lordy lord, me too! Can't wait to have a thin face!!

I can't wait to be able to shop and not think "this will make me look fat" but "will this make me look good?" Generally I'm looking forward to being able to wear NICE clothes and not just jeans/a baggy t-shirt/a hoody.

I can't wait for the confidence that will come with it! I can't wait for my boyfriend to be able to pick me up and not give up after 10 seconds like he does now >_>.

I can't wait to not compare myself to others, I can't wait to sit in my group of beautiful friends and feel like I'm beautiful too not the fat one in the group.

I can't wait to look smokin' hot in a bikini either =p

TooManyDimples
06-25-2011, 09:42 AM
I look forward to being able to shop where I want. I always see so many cute things I would love to fit into. I'm already saving for a big shopping spree.

I look forward to hearing my husband tell me I'm beautiful (like he always does already) but actually being able to believe him.

Sunshine87
06-25-2011, 09:50 AM
I look forward to going to a wedding and feeling REALLY SEXY and dancing and just having a good time.
I am not sure why but when I go to weddings I feel particularly bad about my appearance. Maybe because I have not dated in 7 years. LOL.

April Snow
06-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Having a closet with not all that many clothes in it (so I can find what I want, when I want to) but they all fit me perfectly and are cute and flattering.

This is instead of having a closet overstuffed with clothing in 6 different sizes, most of which I got just because it fit and didn't look awful and that was good enough. (maybe the smallest size I have has some cute stuff in there, but those are 14s, and I want to get smaller than that anyway!)

MedChick87
06-25-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm looking forward to being able to walk in a store and know that I won't have to search the bottom of the pile of clothes for the largest size. I FINALLY don't have to do that with shirts now that I'm a Medium, but with pants I still do as I'm a 14 in most stores.

I'm looking forward to not always wondering if something did or didn't happen b/c of my weight. Examples would be...a guy not asking me out, a person being rude to me, not getting a job I wanted, etc. I'm also looking forward to not being embarrassed to tell people how much I weigh or being afraid someone will ask.

atagirl
06-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Wow! You all have motivated me to keep on going!!!

amfay11
06-25-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm looking forward to passing any PT tests, once i begin the Sheriffs Academy. (right now i'm a jailer and size doesn't really matter)

To w/o with my best friend who is a Policewoman, and keep up with her!

To shop for cute (size 2 NOT 20) clothes.

To look good in jeans, not like i can't breath

Buy a 2 piece swimsuit...

and finally, to not be so self conscious in the bedroom.

NCchickie
06-25-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm looking forward to wearing my wedding rings again. It's been sooo many years since I could get them on my finger.

AriesNV
06-25-2011, 04:16 PM
I, too, am looking forward to being able to throw on anything and still look/feel good. Knowing that there isn't a fat roll there, and a lovehandle here, or if I lose my posture the tummy will hang out there....etc.

I'm excited about never having to pull my pants up again. I always pull up the jeans -- higher the better-- with the mentality that if all the love handles are tucked in, I'll look skinner. I envy the girls that can wear the hip huggers with the cute belts showing, a little belly showing, and they don't have to keep adjusting their clothes.

exjordanaire
06-25-2011, 05:14 PM
I, too, am looking forward to being able to throw on anything and still look/feel good. Knowing that there isn't a fat roll there, and a lovehandle here, or if I lose my posture the tummy will hang out there....etc.

I'm excited about never having to pull my pants up again. I always pull up the jeans -- higher the better-- with the mentality that if all the love handles are tucked in, I'll look skinner. I envy the girls that can wear the hip huggers with the cute belts showing, a little belly showing, and they don't have to keep adjusting their clothes.

OMG, I agree. It will be so nice to be able to wear jeans without taking three steps and they start rolling down.

Hmm.. what do I look forward to the most? There's so much! Like..

Depriving my cats and dog a perching spot on my chest. (Sorry, guys.)

Being able to buy a cute bra!

Most importantly though, to feel comfortable in my own skin and be able to flaunt it. Also, to take pictures with my boyfriend without feeling like, "Can you spot the elephant in the room?"

And, one day, I look forward to wearing a beautiful wedding gown and feeling and looking beautiful in it. :)

AriesNV
06-25-2011, 05:22 PM
^AGREE! I always watch "Say Yes to the Dress"...so my goal is to be able to wear whatever they have on the hangers. Making them have to use some clips to keep it secured (cause it's a little too big) would be a bonus!

chemistrygirl88
06-25-2011, 05:27 PM
I can't wait until I can sit down and my stomach doesn't roll/stick out (I always just imagine what I look like from the side and cringe).
I also am really looking forward to buying a little black dress and actually looking nice in it and not like a hot air balloon. :x

JMfan
06-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Being able to accept and believe the compliments that are given to me. I get compliments now but I shoot them down like the person is lying to my face.

When I reach goal, I know I'll look hot so when people compliment, I'll actually believe it

exjordanaire
06-25-2011, 06:01 PM
I have a bad problem excepting compliments too. It's hard to believe someone is being genuine when you don't feel good about yourself.

canadianwoman
06-25-2011, 06:17 PM
I am curious about your alls thoughts. What is the one thing that you are the most excited about doing when you meet your goal? I think I am most excited about being able to play with my kiddos without sweating like a hog.

What is the one thing that you are excited about never having to do again once you get to goal? For this one, I must say that it will feel amazing to not walk into a room and feel like I need to scan the place to see if I am the heaviest one there.

How about everyone else?

When I get to goal I would love to get back into jogging. I miss it...and I would love to get a bike again. I miss that too.

What I won't miss is being so heavy that I can barely get to the bathroom or looking after myself with difficulty and restrictions because of my size.

amy3469
06-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Atagirl- I do the same thing! (scanning the room)
I'm looking forward to feeling better. Also, to be able to wear the clothes I want to wear. Not having to find something that I don't look "as heavy" in.

kaplods
06-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Nothing. Not in the way, we usually mean it. All my dieting life (which has been since kindergarten, so 40 years), I looked forward to all the great and wonderful things I thought I'd be able to do at my goal weight, but by doing so I set myself up for failure, because I somehow thought all these magically wonderful things would be handed to me at my goal weight, and I saw all these wonderful things as only due me if and when I lost all the weight. I didn't really see (or didn't count) the benefits that happened along the way, I only saw the end as being worth anything (there were no prizes for halfway there or even 99.9% there in my book), and when weight loss slowed and I felt that I might not be able to reach my goal, it felt like all my hard work had been for nothing. And since I didn't value the benefits I'd made along the way, I never felt any reason to fight to keep them. If I saw my goal weight as unacheiveable, there was no reason to fight to maintain what I had accomplished, instead since none of it counted, I felt there was no point. If I was going to be fat anyway (and fat meant anything short of my goal, even a few lbs short) I might as well get to eat whatever I wanted, so I was always either losing or gaining, never maintaining.

So, this time I havent set any "when I get to goal" prizes for myself. I am looking forward to many things, but they're not goal weight related. I'm going to do them as soon as I am able to (whether that's 5 lbs from now or 150).

When I started, I was looking forward to getting off the cpap machine for sleep apnea (which I was able to do after losing only about 35 lbs).

I looked forward to taking a normal shower (I had to use a shower chair and couldn't even wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner. I had to use a combination because I didn't have the strength for an extra rinse, repeat).

I looked forward to not needing a motorized cart for shopping in large stores.

I got both of those back about two years ago.

I'm looking forward to getting off as many medications as possible (I'm already off 5 medications that I was on, and I'm on less pain medication).

I'm looking forward to walking dogs at the humane society (I'm planning on starting soon). I'll start with once a week, and will look forward to walking longer and more often.

I'm looking forward to many things, but I have them scheduled for "as soon as possible" not "when I get to goal."

Looking foward to acheivements "along the way" really has helped me stay motivated. I never have those "I'll never make it to goal, so what's the use" moments. When I start to think that way, I remind myself of all the accomplishments I've made and don't want to give up. Sometimes I feel like I can't lose another pound, but I always feel confident that I can keep off what I've already lost. In the past that wasn't true, I always felt that only the finish line counted for anything.

OhThePlaces
06-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Wow, I love that ... Celebrating your accomplishments along the way.

As for me, I'm almost at goal so I'm starting to enjoy the things I looked forward to... Being able to go clothes shopping and feel that I actually look GOOD in an outfit, instead of frumpy. I also hated looking at pictures of myself and despising most of them because of a double chin, fat arm, belly roll... etc. I'm also soooo excited to meet my husband at the pier in 3 weeks after a 6 month deployment and surprising him with my weight loss. He's always been so supportive of me and never pressured me or even suggested that I lose weight (even though he's rail thin) so I can't wait to show up as thin as I was when we began dating 8 years ago (when I was 19). :)

retrogirl
06-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Being able to buy regluar clothes. Fat clothes = too much money! Oh and tall boots...omg. I want tall boots...lmao.
I have a list of TV/Movie/Geek shirts a mile long I plan to buy too.
Also I would love (geek alert) to so some cosplay without looking hella bad.
I want to take up running. I've done it in the past, but drive-by mockrey made me rage/get too embarassed to keep doing it outdoors.

shishkeberry
06-25-2011, 09:46 PM
I want to be able to cross my legs.

AZ Sunrises
06-26-2011, 09:37 AM
I look forward to buying new clothes; I already have them picked out in my mind.

I have a LOT to lose, so I'll need new clothes along the way. I've found some very cute outfits at even cuter pricing. If they're still in stock at the end of July, I'm buying several outfits. It doesn't matter if they're not a perfect fit when I shrink into that size--I have a sewing machine, know how to use it, and I have no problems altering it to be flattering.

ShanIAm
06-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Well, I have lost a decent amount of weight so far but there are still things I look forward to doing once I reach goal...

....I look forward to not having to approve all pictures taken of me. Before they go out into the world, I have to inspect them first to make sure they are somewhat acceptable.

....I look forward to not thinking, "What are they thinking?"

....I look forward to believing I can be more selective with the men I choose to date. That I'll be allowed to not settle.

losingpownds
06-26-2011, 01:29 PM
I look forward to not feeling like I'm "hiding myself" from the world because I hate the way I look. I want to feel the like the me on the outside looks like the me on the inside again.

sukale
06-26-2011, 09:57 PM
I want to weigh less than my husband, even if it is just by 1 pound.:D

poshibd
06-27-2011, 11:35 AM
I have a whole wardrobe full of clothes that I haven't been able to wear in two years0 I am looking forward to putting those back on!

elizabethyellow
06-27-2011, 11:52 AM
I want a space between my thighs - I can't ever remember having this, unless I was about 7 years old.

I want the double chin to go away.

I want to put on a bikini and not have to convince myself that it's not that bad, when I secretly know I'll be the heaviest at the pool party.

I want to take a picture without having to perfectly position myself (arms, face, body) to look thin.

I want to be stronger, and more flexible.

I want to be able to run longer, dance harder, and just have more stamina in general.

canadianwoman
06-27-2011, 07:29 PM
I want to weigh less than my husband, even if it is just by 1 pound.:D

I want to weigh less then each of the ex-boyfriend's who dumped me on account of my weight and then send them a photo of me with "Eat Your Heart Out" written on the back of it. I also want to send a copy of that to my ex-husband who complained about *my* looks sometimes.....mostly when he was drinking.

:)

ald41085
06-28-2011, 12:10 AM
I'm definitely looking forward to shopping.

I'm also looking forward to hearing those skinny girls in my office I'd kill to look like talk about how "fat" they feel or how awful they feel when they don't go to the gym and not think they are secretly judging me. I'm looking forward to not being embarrassed when people discuss weight and health in spaces that aren't safe and supportive like 3FC.

kellkell
06-28-2011, 12:29 AM
Looking forward to being able to go shopping with friends and be able to actually buy something in the same stores other that shoes or perfume LOL.

Mostly though, I look forward to hiking with my daughter and not having to stop fifty million times for air like now. I want my kid to be proud of her mom and I want to be a good role model.

trooworld
06-29-2011, 10:21 AM
I can't wait to be able to go to the beach and feel like I deserve to be there, and be there in a bathing suit instead of capris and a tank top! I live near the beach and the most I do is go walking on the boardwalk. :(

I'm excited about never having to wear granny panties again!

kimicat76
06-29-2011, 12:51 PM
i want to not cry when i try pants on. i want to be able to play with my almost 3 yr old and not get tired after 5 mins. i want to be phoenix from xmen. i want to wear cute skirts and not worry if someone is laughing at my butt and legs. i want to wear cute heels again. i want to look down and see my crotch HAHA. i want to feel sexy while lying naked next to my 150 lbs hubby. i want to feel confident and curvy in a size 9 next to my size zero friends who are sisters.

Serbrider
06-29-2011, 01:06 PM
To be the skinny girl in my group of friends.
To walk into almost ANY clothing store and know almost everything in it will fit me.
To not look like a giant blimp in most photos.