General chatter - Any gamers in the house?

View Full Version : Any gamers in the house?

Riestrella
06-24-2011, 06:07 PM
I might be the only one here, but does anyone else play video games? Wouldn't mind exchanging some nerdy talk with some ladies!

sarcasticpanda
06-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Videogames are the cause and solution to all life's problems. You can usually find me lurking around on XBL. What games do you play?

exjordanaire
06-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Fellow gamer here.
I love my old school systems (SNES and N64) but love playing RPGs and FPS.
What are you ladies playing?

Iianae
06-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Gamer here for years. Everquest, EQ2, WOW, RIFT...

kurisitaru
06-24-2011, 08:01 PM
<.<
>.>
RPG mostly. But I love shooters when I get my hands on them.
I have every console except the PS3... I have a PS2...
Currently running amok in Mass Effect. I have both of them.

Was addicted to MMOs, now I refuse to touch them. Oh... and my guilty pleasure is The Sims and Plants v Zombies. ><

AnonymouslyYours
06-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Absolutely! I loooove COD! And some RPGs. But mostly I play FPS and almost exclusively COD. Though I throw in some Halo every now and again to mix it up! :)

kimicat76
06-24-2011, 08:22 PM
i play WoW mostly. OP is that your pic or kate middleton? lol cause if thats you WOW you could be her twin!

mypinkpolkadot
06-24-2011, 08:25 PM
I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I play WoW! :) & Lots of other MMORPGS!

BodyByButter
06-24-2011, 09:00 PM
My husband and I met on EQ. At the time, he lived in Denmark. We talked in game and on IM for about a year before trying to see if it was real, and never looked back.

He moved to the US, we got married (married 9 years next week), and sold our EQ accounts for more than 10K (we were uber, and that's before gold farmers.) Used that money for a down payment on a house and here we are!

We have tried WoW but are currently inactive due to summer.

TurboMammoth
06-24-2011, 09:01 PM
I am!! :)

I looooved the old school SNES and I can beat my boyfriend anytime at Mario Bros III

But now I mostly play PS3 and I'm a fan of Rockstar game... GTA and my all time favorite, Red Dead Redemption! Haven't bought LA Noire yet, gonna buy it after we moove to our new place.

I also lose the online version of Fat Princess, really funny and cute game :)

exjordanaire
06-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Although I no longer have any of the new systems, I am totally obsessed with Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead II. My boyfriend loves the fact that he can beat me at just about any game but I totally STOMP him at L4D. :D

My old roommate was collecting game consoles and at one time I believe we had over a dozen different consoles with hundreds of games.

*sigh* That was so awesome.

Lovely
06-24-2011, 10:33 PM
The only gamer? No way! :D

I play video games. Been a gamer since I was a kiddo. Always liked RPGs and Puzzle Games.

My "biggest" game is WoW (FOR THE HORDE!), as that's the one I've spent (wasted?) the most time on, but I like solving things (think Monkey Island), and, uh, pretty games like Final Fantasy. ;)

Heck, I even like cheezy free online games, and card games. I totally rock at Minesweeper, too! :lol:

I met my husband playing FFXI. And I've had meet-ups with people from my WoW Guild, so ... gaming is big part of my social life. =)

Lassilsa
06-25-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm a gamer. I used to play WoW but I stopped a while ago. Right now I just got a PS3 so playing LittleBigPlanet and GTA IV for the most part. I play a lot of facebook games and I play the Sims 3 a lot.

Nola Celeste
06-25-2011, 01:25 AM
All you need to do is look at my avatar image and you know I'm a gamer. :D

I also used to play WoW (For the Horde!) but quit after I just plain didn't have time for it any more. I'm not currently playing any one game, but I'm sampling a huge number of them, particularly free-to-play browser games, as a client needs game reviews for them.

I cannot believe someone pays me to play video games and have opinions about them. I've been doing that for free for YEARS!

I recently finished Infamous 2 and loved it, so if anyone's looking for something new and awesome, I highly recommend it.

Kaonashi
06-25-2011, 02:43 AM
Yes, mostly RPGs and WoW.

Riestrella
06-25-2011, 08:13 AM
i play WoW mostly. OP is that your pic or kate middleton? lol cause if thats you WOW you could be her twin!

Haha, you're not the only one who's said this!! That is indeed me, back when I was at my thinnest! I think it's just a lucky shot because I really don't think I look like her in other pics XD. Lovely compliment though <3.

HOLY MOLY! I really did think I was the only one!! Haha!

I'm a Playstation gal, so I've got my trusty PS3. I tend to play RPG's, action/adventure games, platformers and the occasional shooter. I'm not really a fan of sports games though.

Some of my favourites include Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 10, good ol' Crash Bandicoot games, Tomb Raiders, Mass Effect, Portal 1 & 2, UNCHARTED! Ahhh the list goes on.

I'm a big fan of Sega Megadrive games too, I've got the the Megadrive collection and find myself playing Sonic, Altered Beast, Ecco the Dolphin, Streets of Rage and Golden Axe! I have Super Street Fighter HD on the PS3 so that completes my old school fix.

kurisitaru - I <3 MASS EFFECT. I was SO addicted to the 2nd one! I was visiting my boyfriend and he was really ill and I was playing it there constantly leaning over my shoulder once in a while to say "heeey, how are youuu" "Uggghhh" "Awwww *BANG BANG BANG* YEEEAAHHH!" He makes fun of me for it today that I neglected him for ME2 hehe.
Have you seen the teaser trailer for the 3rd one? The London one? OH MAN. I almost died of excitement. And YES to Plants vs. Zombies. SO ADDICTIVE GET OFF MY LAWN ZOMBIES!

BodyByButter - Oh my goose you sold an account for 10K?! Jeeezus ice skating christ! That's incredible! I met my boyfriend on a gaming forum, we've known each other 9 years and he came to Uni in the UK and we lived together and eventually started going out (after years of "will we? won't we?"). I'm moving to America to live with him soon =). Glad you found your happy ending!

Lovely - Yaaay another FF fan! Love the series, 8 is my favourite. I get a lot of a groans for that but dammit I love it to pieces!

Nola Celeste - May I have your job please? =D I watched a friend play Infamous 1 and I'm not sure if it's something I'd be into...is the 2nd one a big improvement?

Sophia1974
06-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Yup! Met a guy on SL and left my husband for him 4 years ago and still together! I play WoW and im looking at Rift as a possible replacement :)

AnonymouslyYours
06-25-2011, 09:26 AM
:/

Do any of you game competitively online?

exjordanaire
06-25-2011, 10:46 AM
I go online sometimes. With Dead Space 2, L4D and sometimes COD. Although that's normally when I'm over at a friend's, seeing as though I'm lame and don't have a 360 or PS3.

mayness
06-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Another gamer here!

I'm a recovered WoW addict. =] I'm a total Blizzard fangirl and started playing during stress test #1 and stuck with it for yeeeears... but I quit for the last time a few months ago and I haven't gone back this time.

I don't really like FPS although I did enjoy COD:MW2. I'm absolutely HORRIBLE at RTS (but I play whatever Blizzard makes, heh). I tend to enjoy any other type of game.

I'm eagerly awaiting Diablo III. Don't worry, I have no delusions it'll be out any time soon. *sigh* It's just so hard to wait.

Right now I'm playing FFXIII (I think that's the number) on the PS3, and LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2. Anyone else use their PS3 much? I don't have any PSN friends yet. =P

I also play a lot of Kingdom of Loathing (http://kingdomofloathing.com). Anyone else on there? I used to play a long time ago, but I came back recently and started a new account and I'm finally getting the hang of it... I think I'm on my 4th or 5th hardcore ascension in a row, and I'm trying to collect trophies. I'm in one of those huge impersonal clans and I never really interact with them.

kimicat76
06-25-2011, 04:52 PM
i love love love tomb raider!!! and crash bandicoot. atm i have an xbox 360 (not live sadly) so ive been playing fable 2 and tomb raider legend. i also have mortal kombat, kitana is my FAVE!! :D

ryeb
06-25-2011, 05:30 PM
I am currently trying to finish Fable 2. I have played most of Fable 3, but it is my brothers game, so I just decided to play Fable 2.

I play black ops on XBL. I am fairly decent. I do however, jack around A LOT on there. Like decide that one match I will ONLY kill with my sniper, another with my Tomohawk lol I play with my brother, who probably is one of the best gamers ever, he doesn't even camp. We played domination before and he went 92 and 4? I believe his best match was 57 and 1 though.... He can play the "jack around" and still go way positive, he just doesn't always get his kill streaks.

SpangleMagnet
06-25-2011, 05:57 PM
I am an absolute WoW whore. It's my boyfriend's fault, though. He got me hooked ;) Horde 4 Lyf.

Otherwise, I play silly stuff (like the Sims... guilty as charged) and 'proper' stuff, like God of War, TimeSplitters, Tomb Raider, Warcraft III, Silent Hill, Resident Evil... and the LEGO games, esp Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Harry Potter. They are amazing.

Also love me my N64 and DS. Pokemon Silver, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium... aaah.

I also play Magic: The Gathering IRL. Again, my boyfriend's fault. He's made me a massive geek ;)

AnonymouslyYours
06-25-2011, 07:09 PM
I am currently trying to finish Fable 2. I have played most of Fable 3, but it is my brothers game, so I just decided to play Fable 2.

I play black ops on XBL. I am fairly decent. I do however, jack around A LOT on there. Like decide that one match I will ONLY kill with my sniper, another with my Tomohawk lol I play with my brother, who probably is one of the best gamers ever, he doesn't even camp. We played domination before and he went 92 and 4? I believe his best match was 57 and 1 though.... He can play the "jack around" and still go way positive, he just doesn't always get his kill streaks.

Awesome!! I love Black Ops, though once I finished 15th prestige, I switched back to MW2. I missed nuking the game. I hope they bring back game-ending killstreaks in MW3, even though people hate them. I am really quite good, but only when I'm playing consistently. Your brother sounds REALLY good. One of the guys in my online "team" (we're not a clan or anything, we just play together a lot) went 164-11 the other day, then proceeded to go 58-0 on NUKETOWN (how do you not die AT ALL on Nuketown?!) I found this way more attractive than I should. My bf hates that I play COD.

ryeb
06-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Awesome!! I love Black Ops, though once I finished 15th prestige, I switched back to MW2. I missed nuking the game. I hope they bring back game-ending killstreaks in MW3, even though people hate them. I am really quite good, but only when I'm playing consistently. Your brother sounds REALLY good. One of the guys in my online "team" (we're not a clan or anything, we just play together a lot) went 164-11 the other day, then proceeded to go 58-0 on NUKETOWN (how do you not die AT ALL on Nuketown?!) I found this way more attractive than I should. My bf hates that I play COD.

Nuketown is such a blood bath too!! I can NEVER go with out dying a couple of times. I did like how in black ops your kill streak did not contribute to the next kill streak. That was the only reason I disliked the tactical nuke, people could get most of their kills in the chopper gunner. My brother is really good, he just likes to jack around too. We play with M60s on Radiation, and just slowly walk forward guns a blazing trying to take "B" I don't know, I enjoy playing like a goober sometimes. I love when the other team just thinks we stink, and we come back with our actual "classes" and just beat them down. :) I am only on my 5th prestigue? I think? I didn't have internet for a minute, so I didn't get to play much, and those 2 months really hurt my KD spread when I got back into the game =/

MiZTaCCen
06-25-2011, 07:54 PM
WOW, PS3 love final fantasy, Resident Evil etc...:)

DisembodiedGwen
06-25-2011, 08:18 PM
If I didn't play video games I would probably go crazy:dizzy: I play pretty much anything, but I really like RPGs. We have a PS3, Xbox 360, and a wii. My favorites are probably Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Bioshock, any old sierra adventure game, and too many others to list. I'm also playing WOW again after taking a sanity break. Is it just me or are there way too many good games coming out at the end of this year:carrot:

Expunge
06-25-2011, 08:24 PM
WoW - I'm yet another hordie! Been playing and raiding regularly for about four years now.

League of Legends - mostly just fun to blow off steam. I'm anxiously awaiting DotA2 to replace LoL for my RTS-of-choice, though.

Other games are mostly here and there - Portal, Left 4 Dead, etc. I tend to get nausea and motion-sickness when I play FPS's, which sucks because

sarcasticpanda
06-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Gahhhh!!! Am I the only Halo fan here? I'm awful at COD. Hahaha. But we should LAN if there's enough Xbox LIVE players out there.

Anyone check out LA Noire? Fantastic game, if you haven't!

ButterCup85
06-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Oh geeze, I've been through many but my favorite was star wars galaxies (my husband at the time got me into it lol) sooo fun being a jedi!

Then there's WOW, which was cool but I got bored.

I do a lot of FPS's with my bf now. We also play Entropia, you play with real money but it's way fun too. He just looted something 3 nights ago and he's got 8000 now from it. Obviously he is leaving money in the game but taking the rest out. You can play for free, it's just hard to buy things at first, or you may have to loot a lot of junk to get monies.

Haha, yeah we're nerds. Love MMO's.

fatferretfanatic
06-25-2011, 10:51 PM
I really liked playing pen and papers with my friends as well as video games. I like Portal, Neverwinter Nights, A Perfect World, The Sims (I'm playing Sims Medieval right now...), Left for Dead, and adventure games as I come across them. I love me a good video game, but most first person shooters are really stressful for me. Left for Dead is one that I like on occasion with the hubby, but I get way too stressed to play it for more than a section at a time. Plus, zombies are scary!

zoritsa
06-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Gamer chick here! EQ,EQ2,WoW and tried a few others that I never really got into.Right now taking somewhat of a break from all 3,lol.I went out and bought a WoW card when all SoE games went offline,and then hopped on EQ2 to see what I was missing since I got some free time when the servers came back up.Since the weather is nice,I'm only getting on sporadically.

I also on occasion will play a game or two on the Wii.Rockband 1 and 2 with the family,or Wii Sports Resort with the youngest.

ryeb
06-25-2011, 11:28 PM
Gahhhh!!! Am I the only Halo fan here? I'm awful at COD. Hahaha. But we should LAN if there's enough Xbox LIVE players out there.

My brother loves Halo! I am not good at it.

I am personally looking forward to the new Gears that is due out in Aug? Or did they push back the date again? I really like that game, and the campaign.

AnonymouslyYours
06-26-2011, 12:16 AM

Haha, I liked Halo 1 and 2 a lot, but to me, the COD multiplayer is just a lot more fun, better set up, more personal. Setting up classes, customizing your guns, etc really adds a layer to the game that is just missing for me in Halo.

I do have 1,2,3 and Reach, though, if you ever want to play, but I only ever really play Team Swat. XBL ftw!

AnonymouslyYours
06-26-2011, 12:18 AM
Nuketown is such a blood bath too!! I can NEVER go with out dying a couple of times. I did like how in black ops your kill streak did not contribute to the next kill streak. That was the only reason I disliked the tactical nuke, people could get most of their kills in the chopper gunner. My brother is really good, he just likes to jack around too. We play with M60s on Radiation, and just slowly walk forward guns a blazing trying to take "B" I don't know, I enjoy playing like a goober sometimes. I love when the other team just thinks we stink, and we come back with our actual "classes" and just beat them down. :) I am only on my 5th prestigue? I think? I didn't have internet for a minute, so I didn't get to play much, and those 2 months really hurt my KD spread when I got back into the game =/

I hate that! You seriously have to play daily to stay on top of your game. I took like a month off to play Fallout: New Vegas, and after that I had to take my sensitivity back down to 8 on COD. I'll move it back to 10 in a few more days. Also, the routes people run are entirely different now! I'm getting back into the swing of things for the new map pack on Tuesday, are you getting it?

Lovely
06-26-2011, 12:26 AM
Lovely - Yaaay another FF fan! Love the series, 8 is my favourite. I get a lot of a groans for that but dammit I love it to pieces!

Yeah. I mention loving 8 and get some eyerolls from fanboys :lol: But I don't care. I really liked it.

About the only thing that didn't make a lot of sense was the whole "Hey we all knew eachother as kids, but we forgot".

But, hey almost every FF has one of those suspension of disbelief moments. :lol:

---

Side note: About the only thing I don't play are FPS. I am TERRIBLE at those games. Not to mention, if stuff like ghosts and zombies jump out at me I'm liable to throw the controller at the screen.

PenChick
06-26-2011, 01:01 AM
I love playing Metal Gear Solid on the PS2. My favorite game of all time is the Legend of Zelda on my SNES and on the Wii (but only for a short time on the Wii). I cannot play a lot of the new games because I get motion sickness. I know thats weird, but I seriously have to take some Dramamine if I plan to play for a while. YES THIS IS A SAD THING!!!

Nola Celeste
06-26-2011, 01:44 AM
I freakin' loved FFVIII! The only part I didn't much care for was the "catch Rinoa in space" mini-game thing because I didn't actually like Rinoa all that much and would've been pretty much okay with seeing her burn upon re-entry into the atmosphere. I always wanted to create an Edea costume for Mardi Gras. :)

If I didn't play video games I would probably go crazy:dizzy: I play pretty much anything, but I really like RPGs. We have a PS3, Xbox 360, and a wii. My favorites are probably Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Bioshock, any old sierra adventure game, and too many others to list. I'm also playing WOW again after taking a sanity break. Is it just me or are there way too many good games coming out at the end of this year:carrot:

Wow, that is a list of my all-time hit parade of games right there. I still replay Baldur's Gate and BG2 every once in a while. Another game that I still return to again and again is Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. Sure, Oblivion was good, but it just didn't have the hypnotic, haunting quality that Morrowind does. (And I'll bet that any of you who ever played that game now have the incredibly awesome music running through your heads at the mere mention of the title. In case you're now craving it, here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWuNf4gxwuM)ya go. Best. Game. Music. Ever! :D)

The eventual release of Skyrim is making me light-headed with delight. Ditto Diablo 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Going to go listen to the Morrowind music a bit more and think about rummaging around in Dwemer ruins. Man, I loved that game's atmosphere. <3

Regera Dowdy
06-26-2011, 01:50 AM
I love playing games but I tend to give up 3/4 of the way into the game. :o We can't afford new games when they first come out, so I wait a while for the prices to come down. I like fantasy RPG type games, like Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, and Oblivion. I also like Assassin's Creed 2, The Sims, Infamous, and Little Big Planet. My sister and I used to play Zelda on N64, and lately I play PS3. My computer is full of music files (only 80 GB of space!) and I constantly have to delete files to make room so my computer can function. Because of that, I only play Oregon Trail 3 on PC (don't laugh!) and I have to play it from an external hard drive. :(

I really want to get Heavy Rain, Infamous 2, LA Noire, and Elder Scrolls: Skyrim when it comes out.

Riestrella
06-26-2011, 06:16 AM
AAnyone else use their PS3 much? I don't have any PSN friends yet. =P

I'm a PS3 gal! My name on PSN is...shock horror...riestrella. Feel free to add me, and anyone else who happens to see this message!

Lovely & Nola Celeste: So glad I'm not the only FF8 lover! Yeah, that part in the story is a bit lameo. I always kinda felt sorry for Rinoa that she was the odd one out kinda just like "uhh...guys I'm still here" There are definite plot holes in the story, but it was my first FF and the first game I fell in love with. I was such a fan girl!
And Nola, I hated that mini game too! I always failed at it. But I really liked Rinoa, I think it's because I liked her look and the fact she got to get all lovey dovey with Squall ;p

I don't play online competitively because I don't really have many shooter games to play on. And I get really tense and nervous that I'm going to die haha.

Oh my goose! I forgot to mention! Anyone a Silent Hill fan/general Survival Horror? Silent Hill 2 is a masterpiece.

I'm currently playing FFVI and FFIX (reeealllyyyy wanted a classic RPG to play).

Anyone seen the Battlefield 3 trailer? I saw it while I was working in the cinema and I had a nerdgasm... looks so good.

ArcticFrogs
06-26-2011, 07:47 AM

Was going to check it out, but glad that we haven't - our lives just started in on a chaotic path, and so we currently don't have time. I wish we did and, come winter, I'm sure we'll give it a go.

As for other games...my husband and I both have played WoW (for the horde, biatches.), but grew bored (and frustrated with our slacker guild) just before Cataclysm came out. Still love the game, and still love to talk about it, but we have invested our time into other things.

Honestly, I'll play just about any video game out there.

I haven't been into RPGs as much as I'd like - I love to read the sourcebooks and would love to actually game, but I've got a great deal of social hesitation and it kept me from forming groups when I was younger. We have tried to get a Rifts campaign going online with a group of friends, but post-based (and chat based) games can be hard to keep going and not as enjoyable.

This winter (when we can breathe, *laughs*), I'd like to get a small group going around our tiny little town, maybe start a Dead Reign campaign. We'll see how it goes. We'll be moving into our cabin this summer...when winter comes, and -50F hits and the highway is closed, I'm sure we'll find the time.

AnonymouslyYours
06-26-2011, 09:57 AM
I don't play online competitively because I don't really have many shooter games to play on. And I get really tense and nervous that I'm going to die haha.

Anyone seen the Battlefield 3 trailer? I saw it while I was working in the cinema and I had a nerdgasm... looks so good.

This actually brings up a question I have related to gaming and weight loss. When I play COD, I predominantly play Search and Destroy (on Black Ops, MW2 it's ground war all the way) and when I do so, there are often times where I am the only person alive on my team, so I can't talk to my teammates, and there are multiple people on the opposing team alive. During these times, my heart rate skyrockets. I can hear it beating, I can feel the blood pumping. And this often lasts for several minutes. Do you burn more calories playing a game at this level of intensity than you would watching TV? I'm doing the same activity (sitting there) but my heart rate is WAY higher.

Also, I've seen the Battlefield 3 trailer, and watched the expo at E3. I'm pretty stoked about the Kinect integration!! It does look gorgeous, but of course that's PC gameplay. And Battlefield always looks fantastic, their online multiplayer is just SOOOO slow-paced. Of course, I'll buy it. Stupid Novemeber. I always drop like $200 on video games that month. I'll probably wait a month for Battlefield, but MW3 and Skyrim are both first day purchases for me.

CanadianCutie
06-26-2011, 10:07 AM
I've been a gamer for a long time, back since my atari 2600. I've played Everquest (met my fiance on there), WoW, Starcraft, Starcraft 2. SC2 is the only game I like pvp in, though I find it very stressful.
I also play League of Legends co-op custom games with my fiance vs. ai. Let's see. I also had a lot of fun with Magika, such creativity when it comes to spells for that game. Elements is great too if you were ever a magic the gathering or other card game fan. Loved Dragon Age, that story made me all teary eyed.

Spooky
06-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Also a gamer. I grew up on Nintendo so I still have a soft spot for their franchises, especially Mario, Zelda, and Harvest Moon. We have a wii which we bought mostly as a novelty for my wife, who did not game before and was interested in the wii sports and the motion controls when they first came out. It isn't used much. The last time I had it on was for Super Mario Galaxy 2 (which was fun, and pretty to look at for the wii, but I never did finish it). We also have a DS lite that we share (mostly for Zelda and Professor Layton games, honestly).

Most of the gaming here is done on the ps3. I like survival horror/fps but not exclusively. I'm very into Red Dead and the Uncharted series. Other favorite games around here are legos in their various incarnations (the wife likes the Harry Potter game best), LittleBigPlanet 1 & 2, etc. We have the PS move, again purchased for the novelty last Christmas and not used much at all (the Gladiator game is cool and GREAT exercise but make sure you clear a lot of room, and Heavy Rain was cool to replay with the controls).

mayness
06-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Do you burn more calories playing a game at this level of intensity than you would watching TV? I'm doing the same activity (sitting there) but my heart rate is WAY higher.

Since your heart is basically the only muscle affected, I suppose it burns through a few extra calories, but that's probably less 1 per minute or something like that, heh.

In fact, you're probably raising your cortisol levels (the stress hormone) which makes it harder to burn fat, especially belly fat. But I think the overall stress relief from gaming would balance that out in the long run. :D

Riestrella
06-26-2011, 02:37 PM
I really wish I had a Kinect for the dance games, I would lose SO MUCH weight if I had one of those bad boys - I love dancing!

AnonymouslyYours
06-26-2011, 02:45 PM
That's a good point. Do any of you have Dance Central for Xbox/Kinect, also have XBL, and want to play together sometime? I always want to try it with a friend via XBL, but none of the guys I game with play Dance Central... lol

Spooky
06-26-2011, 02:48 PM
I've also been thinking about picking up Zumba fitness for the ps3. Has anyone here tried that?

Sadly no xbox or kinect here.

Serval87
06-26-2011, 03:05 PM
My husband is a huge gamer, but I'm a pretty good one too. My absolute favorite game is Chrono Cross. Silent Hill 2 is a close second. And Dragon Quest VIII is just insanely fun, so it's a game I play when I want to just have fun. I mostly just play RPGs and Survival Horrors, but I also love playing the Left For Dead and Mortal Kombat games with the hubs. :D Oh, the dancing games are pretty fun too, but I'm awful at the DDR games, so I just stick with Just Dance and Dance Central. The Michael Jackson game is awesome too, though.

SpangleMagnet
06-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Gahhhh!!! Am I the only Halo fan here?

I've always preferred TimeSplitters to Halo ;) That's my FPS of choice.

sarcasticpanda
06-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Was going to check it out, but glad that we haven't - our lives just started in on a chaotic path, and so we currently don't have time. I wish we did and, come winter, I'm sure we'll give it a go.

Best decision you could have made. Once I put that game in my Xbox, it was game over. (See what I did there?). Its a great game, amazing storyline and really fun unlockables.

My summer school grades, however, didn't agree with how awesome it was.

kurisitaru
06-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Riestrella: Plants V Zombies is SO addictive. Survival Endless gets so intense too. I've gotten through 63 waves and that's when those stupid Zombonies come plowing threw... ugh!

I also really like the Borderlands, any Final Fantasy type game (I'm a 7 fan girl... but Balthier on XII Was SMOKING), Chrono Trigger, Zelda, Dragon Quest, Disgaea, Fable, Mass Effect, Mario =3, Old school games like freaking Echo the Dolphin, SO many... Tecken, Soul Caliber, DDR!!!, Just Dance for the Wii, Xenosage, Torchlight, Diablo II, SIMS!!!, Kingdom Hearts (it was fun...>.>).
I use to play more often. College takes up time now and I've become far more social. I use to stay home, read, write in my journal, play games all day.
These days I go out, hang out, go to coffee houses to enjoy the public with my dog (outside of course) and I'll read or write there on occasions. I go to parks, camping, biking, a LOT of work, and I hate to say it... but Netflix has taken part of my life with wonderful shows like Dexter, Castle, Firefly, ... Buffy the Vampire Slayer..., etc...

sarcasticpanda
06-26-2011, 05:24 PM
... but Netflix has taken part of my life with wonderful shows like Dexter, Castle, Firefly, ... Buffy the Vampire Slayer..., etc...

Canadian Netflix is about as entertaining as watching paint dry. So jealous of the selection in the USA!! :( My Xbox bros have all these fantastic shows to watch and I'm stuck with crappy C-List movies and sequels that no one has ever heard about. Hahaha

kurisitaru
06-26-2011, 05:32 PM
There are a lot of C-list movies and sequels (like the Titanic 2?) that no one has heard of on ours as well. BUT there are some really great things I find on there. I do mail in as well, so it's not all streaming. All my mail is bills...vote for this douche, and ads, Netfilx is something I actually LIKE to find in my mail.
Too bad they don't add video games to their selections...

sarcasticpanda
06-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Up here in Canadaville we can only get streaming :( Gamefly has the same mail service as Netflix, by the way! :).

kurisitaru
06-26-2011, 05:44 PM
I know about gamefly, I just can't afford yet another subscription, especially when I don't game as often. Just the occasional game thrown in would have been nice.
I'd love to live in Canada though... or Australia...

sarcasticpanda
06-26-2011, 06:15 PM
And Canada is an awesome place to live! I just wish our Netflix didnt suck! Hahaha :):)

gothik butterfly
06-26-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm 'gamer lite' :) I don't have a lot of time to game anymore...and while I've had old systems and many old computer games (LOVE Phantasmagoria from the late 90's! still my favorite game ever) I JUST bought my xbox in February. My friends taught me to play Halo.... basically I was cannon fodder but as my introduction to FPS, any kill is a kill. Unless it's your team mate. My friends love to get together and talk smack and shoot each other :)

Over the past 2 years I've been a Guitar Hero addict and that and HALO are the reasons i bought my xbox. I recently downloaded Magic The Gathering (the old one, not the Planeswalkers 2012) and am totally geeking out on that. I play MTG offline too but when I can't, at least I can get my MTG fix on my xbox.

I've played a little COD... shot some Zombies. That was hella fun. I plan to pick up some FPS games to play at home after work in the evenings so the next time my friends have a gaming night, I can kick some arse!

SpangleMagnet
06-26-2011, 08:15 PM
gothik- Yay, another MtG player! :D

DisembodiedGwen
06-26-2011, 09:03 PM
I freakin' loved FFVIII! The only part I didn't much care for was the "catch Rinoa in space" mini-game thing because I didn't actually like Rinoa all that much and would've been pretty much okay with seeing her burn upon re-entry into the atmosphere. I always wanted to create an Edea costume for Mardi Gras. :)

Wow, that is a list of my all-time hit parade of games right there. I still replay Baldur's Gate and BG2 every once in a while. Another game that I still return to again and again is Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. Sure, Oblivion was good, but it just didn't have the hypnotic, haunting quality that Morrowind does. (And I'll bet that any of you who ever played that game now have the incredibly awesome music running through your heads at the mere mention of the title. In case you're now craving it, ya go. Best. Game. Music. Ever! :D)

The eventual release of Skyrim is making me light-headed with delight. Ditto Diablo 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Going to go listen to the Morrowind music a bit more and think about rummaging around in Dwemer ruins. Man, I loved that game's atmosphere. <3

Oh Skyrim looks fantastic and I will be buying it as soon as it comes out. I just need to remind myself to finish a game before I start the next new one. I think I'm afraid to finish them because then they are over and I get a little said. I get that way about books too.

Serval87
06-27-2011, 01:01 AM
I haven't beaten a game in years. lol. I have a habit of starting a game and then abandoning it for another hobby, writing my stories, or another game.

Some games I love besides the ones I already mentioned: RHAPSODY: A MUSICAL ADVENTURE (adore that game, it's my second favorite rpg, right under Chrono Cross), Final Fantasy 6/7/8/9/Tactics, Fatal Frame 2/3, Silent Hill (ALL), PARASITE EVE, Castlevania: Lord of Shadow, Xenogears, Okami, Kingdom Hearts 1/2, God of War, Heavenly Sword, Lost Odyssey, Resident Evil 2/3/4, Fable 2/3, Oblivion, Soul Caliber,. There's may more, but that's all I can think of. My husband sometimes jests that a lot of my favorite games are on old consoles. lol.

Riestrella
06-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Serval87 - Happy to see another Silent Hiller! CHERYL?! Hehe, always makes me laugh for the terrible voice acting! Do you take notice of the music from the games? Akira Yamaoka is one of my favourite musicians, the soundtrack to SH2 is one of my favourite albums ever.

Hmm, Zumba fitness for PS3 sounds intriguing. Might be a good substitute! Will have to look into some reviews.

ade903
06-27-2011, 01:33 PM
I LOVED Borderlands. That must be the only game in recent times that I finished all the way through.
I'm a recovering WOW addict (guess I'm the only "for the Alliance" on here, huh?). I tend to get bored with it if I'm playing alone, though. Played a bit after Cataclysm was released. Broke up with my then boyfriend and haven't touched it since.
Started playing Rift yesterday, it is a nice change.
I'm going to get Elder Scrolls IV on xbox soon. I'm debating if I should just get it now or wait two weeks for the "5th year anniversary" edition.
I have a Kinect, but my bedroom is too small so I only play it when I'm at my parents' house.

:)
Shoot now that I'm single I feel like I should game more. Everyone seems to have met their SO via gaming. Awesome!

fatgyrl
06-27-2011, 01:50 PM
I just broke a severe Farmville addiction.... lost all intrest one day, lol

summershine
06-27-2011, 08:35 PM
I know about gamefly, I just can't afford yet another subscription, especially when I don't game as often. Just the occasional game thrown in would have been nice.
I'd love to live in Canada though... or Australia...

Australia is one huge stream of 'due to licensing restrictions this content is unavailable in your area/outside the US blah blah blah' :P I dont even know what netflix is!

...but at least the beaches are nice!

BodyByButter
06-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh yeah, I play PvZ and Cafe World.

retrogirl
06-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Seriously addicted to Dragon Age(s) now...damn it. Siggggh
I used to play WoW (Horde) and I also enjoy Rockband, as well as Kinect Sports and Dance Cenrtal.

Serval87
06-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Riestrella, YES! The music is amazing. They are also up there in my top favorite musicians. Have you listened to The Alessa theme (or "Lost in Here" I think) from Silent Hil Origins? I believe I wore that track out. lol. Seriously, though, Chrono Cross and Silent Hill 2 have my absolute favorite game soundtracks ever. I love how melancholy the music from SH2 is.

I know what you mean about the voice acting in the first game, but I think it adds charm to it. :)

SpangleMagnet
06-27-2011, 11:16 PM
The Silent Hill 2 soundtrack is amazing. I tried to play that game in the dark. My imagination made me stop :p

Ferumbras
06-27-2011, 11:47 PM
I love my ps2, but I'm much more of a tabletop rpg gamer. Oh, and I miss playing City of Heroes something fierce.

Riestrella
06-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Riestrella, YES! The music is amazing. They are also up there in my top favorite musicians. Have you listened to The Alessa theme (or "Lost in Here" I think) from Silent Hil Origins? I believe I wore that track out. lol. Seriously, though, Chrono Cross and Silent Hill 2 have my absolute favorite game soundtracks ever. I love how melancholy the music from SH2 is.

I know what you mean about the voice acting in the first game, but I think it adds charm to it. :)

Yes I do have that song, in fact I have all the SH soundtracks that Akira did! He's a genius I say. Looking back at your post, you've got a LOT of games on there that makes me feel like we'd get along very well ;). Do you love the Xenogears theme song as much as I do?! I watched my boyfriend play Fatal Frame 2 and I shat myself on a few occasions, haha! I get so scared in horror games it's untrue.

I think Nobuo Uematsu is another genius in terms of soundtracks, I can't imagine what the classic FF games would sound like without him. So sad he's not doing their music anymore =/. The guy who did 13 was ok, had some good moments but a lot was filler music.

Yeah, there is a certain charm to it... that part when Lisa's eyes start to bleed and he's like "*shove* URGGHEAHAHAH!" - hilarious.
They're releasing a HD remix of Silent Hill 2 with new voice acting have you heard? Might be interesting!

gothik butterfly
06-28-2011, 01:41 PM
I love my ps2, but I'm much more of a tabletop rpg gamer. Oh, and I miss playing City of Heroes something fierce.

I love tabletop.. my personal favorite is V: TM 2nd edition.

Latchkey Princess
06-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Little late to the convo, but also a fellow gamer. I don't game half as much as I used to ever since I had kids (mostly I don't want them seeing the realistic violence and stuff so I can't play it while they're awake) but mostly I play FPS and RPGs on the 360, Halo 3 being one of my favs (cannot wait for 4 to come out!). Last year our old 360 bit the dust so we got a new one and dh talked me into the Reach edition, it's so awesome looking! Because of the limitations on gaming with kids around I'm currently playing a lot of Kinect games and kids games, I really like Dance Central for Kinect and am in the middle of Kung Fu Panda.

We also have a Wii (mostly used for Netflix as streaming is less choppy than on the 360) and a PS2 (not currently hooked up). And somewhere in my boxes of old things I have a gamecube, a N64, and a PS One (slim). Also (this is freaking awesome) we moved back in February and in the attic of our new house we found a Commodore 64 complete with monitor! It appears to be in mint condition. :-)

Latchkey Princess
06-28-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm going to get Elder Scrolls IV on xbox soon. I'm debating if I should just get it now or wait two weeks for the "5th year anniversary" edition.

Whichever edition you get you are gonna love it! Oblivion was an awesome game, I played it nonstop for ages. My dh about killed me because I was monopolizing the 360. lol I recommend the Shivering Isles expansion as well. :-)

NotTheCheat
06-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Another WoW player here. I'm an officer in a 750+ character guild. Alliance for me since I love my dwarves!

I have also been playing Dragon Age and RIFT recently. I am very excited for both Skyrim and Diablo 3.

I also play pen and paper. I have an ongoing Tuesday night D&D group, but I enjoy just about anything.

kurisitaru
06-28-2011, 07:39 PM
HELP ME!

All this video game talk and spare time on my hands has got me craving my old MMO!
I played FFXI online for 3-4 years. I told myself it wasn't an addiction, but my god it was! I deleted, DELETED, my high level character with lovely gear so I wouldn't be tempted to go back... now I keep thinking about it.

UGH! I need some FFXII farming maybe... or something to fill the void. O.O

my2cats
06-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Gamer here for years. Everquest, EQ2, WOW, RIFT...

You sound like me!

I love MMOs, been playing since I was 13 (I'm 28 now).

I can't even list all that I've tried but the ones I stuck with a while:
The Realm Online, Ultima Online, Everquest 1, World of Warcraft, Everquest 2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Rift.

Did I mention I took a week off work when Final Fantasy XIV came out? I was the highest Alchemist on the server by about 3 levels at the end of it.

I've never been addicted enough that it's hurt my work or school life but I'd probably have been more social if I weren't playing EQ most of the summer in highschool. :p

I dream of the day there are fully interactive virtual worlds.. honestly if there were an online world where I actually had to get off my butt and walk to get around I would get way more exercise lol. I even hooked up my Xbox Kinect to my PC and mapped enough gestures that I could play! I got a Worgen Priest up to lvl 10 doing that, but there just aren't enough unique gestures for all the spells yet. I need something where I can wave my arms a certain way to trigger magic and then yell "Expalliarmus" or "Sectum Sempre!" and it'll figure out which spell by voice recognition. :p

my2cats
06-28-2011, 08:55 PM
That's a good point. Do any of you have Dance Central for Xbox/Kinect, also have XBL, and want to play together sometime? I always want to try it with a friend via XBL, but none of the guys I game with play Dance Central... lol

I do!!

I would like to, can you actually play together? or just compare scores?

Also.. and this is awkward.. I typically play in a bra and underwear and I'm a little paranoid about playing in Kinect (with that camera) on the internet.. I turned off photos but.. it's not going to randomly take photos of me while playing online and send them out, would it? :o

I haven't played in a month and I forget my gamertag but I will look for it...

AnonymouslyYours
06-28-2011, 09:45 PM
I do!!

I would like to, can you actually play together? or just compare scores?

Also.. and this is awkward.. I typically play in a bra and underwear and I'm a little paranoid about playing in Kinect (with that camera) on the internet.. I turned off photos but.. it's not going to randomly take photos of me while playing online and send them out, would it? :o

I haven't played in a month and I forget my gamertag but I will look for it...

Awesome! I'm excited! I'm not really sure how it works, but I know there's a 2-player mode, so I know you can play with a friend via XBL. I'll PM you my gamertag!

CanadianCutie
06-28-2011, 10:06 PM
I LOVED Borderlands. That must be the only game in recent times that I finished all the way through.
I'm a recovering WOW addict (guess I'm the only "for the Alliance" on here, huh?). I tend to get bored with it if I'm playing alone, though. Played a bit after Cataclysm was released. Broke up with my then boyfriend and haven't touched it since.
Started playing Rift yesterday, it is a nice change.
I have a Kinect, but my bedroom is too small so I only play it when I'm at my parents' house.

:)
Shoot now that I'm single I feel like I should game more. Everyone seems to have met their SO via gaming. Awesome!

I'm alliance as well on wow. just never liked the horde except the tauren.

Serval87
06-29-2011, 03:07 AM
Yes I do have that song, in fact I have all the SH soundtracks that Akira did! He's a genius I say. Looking back at your post, you've got a LOT of games on there that makes me feel like we'd get along very well ;). Do you love the Xenogears theme song as much as I do?! I watched my boyfriend play Fatal Frame 2 and I shat myself on a few occasions, haha! I get so scared in horror games it's untrue.

I think Nobuo Uematsu is another genius in terms of soundtracks, I can't imagine what the classic FF games would sound like without him. So sad he's not doing their music anymore =/. The guy who did 13 was ok, had some good moments but a lot was filler music.

Yeah, there is a certain charm to it... that part when Lisa's eyes start to bleed and he's like "*shove* URGGHEAHAHAH!" - hilarious.
They're releasing a HD remix of Silent Hill 2 with new voice acting have you heard? Might be interesting!

I didn't know they were releasing a remix of SH2. I'm definitely interested, though. Nobuo Uematsu is one of my favorites too, which is why Chrono Cross is one of my favorite soundtracks. :) I didn't know he wasn't doing the music anymore. :( I have barely touched the newer FF to know what the music sounds like.

Fatal Frame 2 is awesome. I remember playing it all the time when I was 16. :)

The music in Xenogears was really good, so yes! :D

AnonymouslyYours
06-29-2011, 09:37 AM
New COD Black Ops map pack is by FAR the best one of the three so far. Just sayin.

OnMyWayDown
06-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Well I am not sure that I would consider myself a gamer because I am TERRIBLE at them. My husband totally is and I play most games with him but sometimes I am so bad that I die and it kills him and than I just watch. LOL

Really like old games though Mario anything is up my alley.

NotTheCheat
06-29-2011, 06:17 PM
I dream of the day there are fully interactive virtual worlds.. honestly if there were an online world where I actually had to get off my butt and walk to get around I would get way more exercise lol. I even hooked up my Xbox Kinect to my PC and mapped enough gestures that I could play! I got a Worgen Priest up to lvl 10 doing that, but there just aren't enough unique gestures for all the spells yet. I need something where I can wave my arms a certain way to trigger magic and then yell "Expalliarmus" or "Sectum Sempre!" and it'll figure out which spell by voice recognition. :p
Totally!! I WISH Diablo 3 were going to be for Wii - I can't imagine a faster way for me to exercise into complete fatigue. :)

That is so cool you can do that with the Kinect! I had no idea that was possible.

my2cats
06-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Totally!! I WISH Diablo 3 were going to be for Wii - I can't imagine a faster way for me to exercise into complete fatigue. :)

That is so cool you can do that with the Kinect! I had no idea that was possible.

It's pretty cool! And not that "techie" - I didn't do any coding or anything like that. :) The program was developed at the Uni of S Cali; here's a video of them demoing it with WoW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62wj8eJ0FHw

It also took some pretty inventive usage of macros to do things like turn in quests and accept new quests (I mapped it to kicking my right foot). The problem is the WoW interface is so heavily menu based it ended up with a lot of macros to navigate quest dialog boxes and that sort of thing - and I shudder to think of trying to do something like heal a party with all the necessary targeting. I *thought* about trying to code an entirely new WoW LUA UI to be more ideal for Kinect interaction, but it still wouldn't change the basic menu / inventory / group interactions, just how they display.

"Smite" was a fun spell to cast because I made it a slash motion with my right hand across my body and it mirrored the spell animation. :)

Edited to add: Actually I'm wondering if Diablo 3 wouldn't be perfect for something like macroing the Kinect to it... there's only a few spells and hotkeys and it's typically non-stop action till you go to town... though targeting would be really tough. Hmm. Well it's not like I wasn't always shooting my groupmates in the butt as an Amazon in D1 anyway. :lol:

Lovely
06-30-2011, 01:27 AM
HELP ME!

All this video game talk and spare time on my hands has got me craving my old MMO!
I played FFXI online for 3-4 years. I told myself it wasn't an addiction, but my god it was! I deleted, DELETED, my high level character with lovely gear so I wouldn't be tempted to go back... now I keep thinking about it.

UGH! I need some FFXII farming maybe... or something to fill the void. O.O

I lived on FFXI for a long time... gosh I loved my character. I actually met my husband while playing FFXI.

But it was totally an addiction. I quit when I got frustrated with the in-game economy and realized I'd never be able to afford all the stuff I needed to do fun things at the end. I gave EVERYTHING away off of my toons, and then deleted the characters.

Was fun while it lasted, though!

I hear ya, I need a nice game to immerse myself in for a few. I might play Portal 2. I picked it up, but have yet to start it. Or maybe I'll look for another pretty game!

PS - I love how huge this thread is. Sure are a lot of game lovin' folks around :D

PBmama
06-30-2011, 03:20 AM
I am REALLY bad at video games although I do love my old school Super Mario Brothers on my DS! hehe Also there is this video game that my husband & kids suckered me into....its called Burnout....some driving game. I love it cuz there are sections where you get to blow up your competition! LOL

Angelique
06-30-2011, 02:41 PM
Me and my fiance like to game...We have all the systems (PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii). Right now, we're replaying Gears of War since Gears of War 3 is coming out in September. We love to play Call of Duty together and believe it or not, we will destroy anyone in Mario Kart on the Wii. Even though we play some of the violent games, we love us some Mario Kart!!

kurisitaru
06-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Lovely: How far did you get? What character were you?
I was 75 rdm, 66 thf, 40 war, 37 nin, 56 mnk, 43 whm, 37 blm, 10 bst, Mithra from Sandy. XD
I hated nin... but a rdm/nin was a deadly combination for many solo jobs. I had capped all skills on rdm. ^0^ and was attempting to cap eva on thf. Would have been so cool getting a thf to 75. T.T
The economy did get worse, and so did a few other things. Once they added level sync you could still level and power level at lower levels, so that was nice, but it wasn't good for stat building. People moved over to WoW too much. ><
It was REALLY a blast when I first started. I keep telling myself I'll have to start from the beginning, level grinding and low level farming, then all those quests and missions I hated or struggled with, I'll have to go threw again and that might be more of a pain considering most people on the servers have probably done the ones I need... so finding a party will be so hard....

<.< Too bad I did delete my character... she had a lot of lovely gear I worked so hard for...

Renwomin
06-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Yay, geek thread!

My hubbie and I are huge gamers. I've been gaming in various forms since I was a child. So many games I can't list them all! I'll list a summary though.

Consoles I've owned: Atari, Original Nintendo, Sony Genesis, Super Nintendo, N64, PS1, PS2, XBOX 360

Table Top RPGs: Dungeons & Dragons (Every addition from 2nd to 4th), Shadowrun, Dresden, Vampire the Masquerade

Multi-player Gaming: MUDS (Multi-user Dungeons), Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, Kingdom of Loathing, Urban Dead

Computer gaming: Civilization, Diablo, Doom, First Person Shooters, Fallout, etc

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I was even heavily into Facebook games for a while - Farmville, Cafe World, Vampire Wars, Mafia Wars, etc..

My husband and I also collect interesting and challenging board games. Some examples: Arkham Horror, Descent, Dominion, Carcassonne

I completely go through cycles with my gaming. Right now I am heavily into XBOX 360 games. We got an XBOX 360 last December for XMAS finally. (We had been waiting for the price to go down. Ha!) Some of the games I've really enjoyed in the past few months: Dragon Age, Dragon Age:Origins, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, Fable 2, Fable 3, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Dance Central, You Don't Know Jack

Lately I've really been enjoying playing Left 4 Dead online in versus mode.

So yeah, I game just.. a little. :o

Renwomin
06-30-2011, 06:25 PM
I also play a lot of Kingdom of Loathing (http://kingdomofloathing.com). Anyone else on there? I used to play a long time ago, but I came back recently and started a new account and I'm finally getting the hang of it... I think I'm on my 4th or 5th hardcore ascension in a row, and I'm trying to collect trophies. I'm in one of those huge impersonal clans and I never really interact with them.

I used to play Kingdom of Loathing. I thought it was very funny and entertaining. I just didn't stick with it.

Renwomin
06-30-2011, 06:35 PM
Serval87 - Happy to see another Silent Hiller! CHERYL?! Hehe, always makes me laugh for the terrible voice acting! Do you take notice of the music from the games? Akira Yamaoka is one of my favourite musicians, the soundtrack to SH2 is one of my favourite albums ever.

Silent Hill completely freaked me out!! :eek: It made me realize that I'm not a huge fan of some horror games. First off, I could not get a hang of combat on the game and spent the majority of the game trying to run away from creatures in terror. I'm so used to blasting everything to bits. When I got to the elementary school I "convinced" myself that the child zombies were just "monkeys" so I didn't have to think about the horror of it. You would think I would just stop playing it right? But NO I just HAD to try to save Cheryl. I slogged through the entire game to put closure to the story. I usually hate spoilers, but I made my hubbie tell me what to do to get the best possible ending. No more Silent Hill for me!

wurdnerd
06-30-2011, 08:10 PM
And they say there are no females on the interwebs. LOL.

I play mostly PC games, but my system is getting on in age and won't be able to support the good stuff much longer. So far I've done WoW, Guild Wars, Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock, and a few others I quickly dropped since they were boring. I also have a Wii, and had an Xbox years ago.

Just finished ME2 and was blown away by the beauty of the game. Loved it in spite of the painfully long load screens.

Latest purchase is Michael Jackson Experience for Wii. AWESOME game, if you like to dance. It's been very responsive, and I've done much better than I expected I would. Whoo Hoo. *grabs crotch*

;)

patchymama
06-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Yay! *does happy geek girl dance*

I'm a computer science major, of course I game lol.

SNES and Sega forever. ;) And Sims. Myst. The 11th hour.

More recently I play my games through Steam: Left4Dead 1 & 2, Torchlight, Portal 1 and 2, Civ 4. I'm really intrigued by Bioshock Rapture. I just picked up Borderlands for like $8 through Steam today.

Serval87
07-01-2011, 04:06 AM
Silent Hill completely freaked me out!! :eek: It made me realize that I'm not a huge fan of some horror games. First off, I could not get a hang of combat on the game and spent the majority of the game trying to run away from creatures in terror. I'm so used to blasting everything to bits. When I got to the elementary school I "convinced" myself that the child zombies were just "monkeys" so I didn't have to think about the horror of it. You would think I would just stop playing it right? But NO I just HAD to try to save Cheryl. I slogged through the entire game to put closure to the story. I usually hate spoilers, but I made my hubbie tell me what to do to get the best possible ending. No more Silent Hill for me!

Awww. You really should play the second one. It's SO much scarier! And it has this wonderfully dark, psychological story that will haunt you! Oh, and the monsters are better IMO. I love the mutants, how they're so grotesque and how you don't really know what's going on with them. Oh, and then there's Pyramid-Head. I'll let you decide if that sounds terrifying or not. :D

Nola Celeste
07-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Gahhh, Silent Hill 2...that game gave me such fantastic chills!

I remember playing it in a darkened room after midnight (yeah, big mistake there :D) and going through some maze-like portion. No monsters, just twists and turns and the grinding industrial music. Rounded a bend and there was ol' Pyramid Head himself. I felt this wave of such cold fear that I felt my little shaved leg-hairs trying desperately to stand up. Scariest moment I've ever had in a game!

I really should replay it. :D

Riestrella
07-02-2011, 07:20 AM
I remember playing SH2 with my boyfriend on a massive TV in the dark at night, sometimes we would actually SCREAM "AHHHHOMGOMGOMGPYRAMIDHEADHE'SCOMINGTOKILLYOUAHHHHH" it was such a great experience! Would recommend that game to anyone who doubts the survival horror games!! The story is so good too, simple but so effective.

The only facebook game you need is Robot Unicorn. Oh. Yes.

serendipity907
07-05-2011, 07:29 AM
I have an older brother so he introduced me to gaming when I was little, and I've loved it ever since.

I love love love FPS's like Counter Strike (1.6 no Source rubbish :p) Half Life, Quake 2+3, L4D 1+2. Especially when playing online or with a group of friends.

I've played Tomb Raider since like 1998, Tomb Raider 1 was my first ever console game<3. Love the whole series except Revelations which is a little meh. Really psyched for the new release next year! The 2010 Co-op TR is a really good laugh when played with a friend:) Probably TR2 and TR:Anniversary are my faves overall.

Metal Gear Solid 1,2,3! <3

Silent Hill (1,2) I really struggle to play these 2 still, they're so weird and jumpy but really engrossing hehe/Resident Evil (1,2,3)

Crash Bandicoot series/Croc/Final Fantasy 8,9,10/Grant Theft Auto series

I definitely tend to still prefer the Playstation 1/2 games, the gameplay and stories are just much more captivating in my opinion. I dont have a PS3, not overly bothered about it, but I would love an Xbox 360. I can't really justify it though, since I have a pretty beastly PC which I use for the newer game releases :)

Skittlez
07-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Video games! Ah, how I love them. I'm an attempting to recover MMO addict, mainly WoW but I played a few others (namely Aion and Rift). My husband and I would play them way too much, to the point where we'd constantly be putting stuff off to play them. Now I'm focusing more on the Sims 3, I've been a huge fan of the Sims since Sims 1. I'm also a huge Zelda dork, the 64 ones are still my favorites. I like some other console games too but I don't play them as much anymore, anything RPGish sucks me in. As a recovering MMO addict I try to stay away from games more than I used to, it's too easy for me to substitute some other game into that void. >.>

fuct
07-05-2011, 12:13 PM
I play, far too much :) TF2, L4D 1+2, bioshock 1+2, f.e.a.r series, half-life series, garry's mod, fallout 3 + NV, elder scrolls, doom, quake, portal, you name it..

MissAkward
07-06-2011, 03:39 AM
I play xbox. my gamertag is: l ZombieQueen l. Feel free to add me. I am on alot. I play CoD: Black Ops, CoD: MW2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Looking4Me2011
07-06-2011, 04:10 AM
My husband is more of a gamer than I am. He plays WoW, we both play CoH, we're probably the only ones here who play CoH..sigh. Wish I had more friends there..they all pretty much left over time.
My husband wants me to play with him and I love the game but alas...i can't sit there for hours on end....ugh.
I'd love to play Silent Hill..it looks aweeeeesome!!!! I love scary stuff! Woo! I will have to look into that!

AnonymouslyYours
07-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Here is a game we should all try to get addicted to:

http://www.fitocracy.com/

It's kind of like a real life RPG where you level up your character by exercising. There are achievements and challenges and stuff! :)

Riestrella
07-08-2011, 05:55 AM
Here is a game we should all try to get addicted to:

http://www.fitocracy.com/

It's kind of like a real life RPG where you level up your character by exercising. There are achievements and challenges and stuff! :)

Have you tried it? Is it fun? I always sign up for things and then realise I'm never going to use it so thought I'd ask! And it says you need an invite? =S

AnonymouslyYours
07-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Have you tried it? Is it fun? I always sign up for things and then realise I'm never going to use it so thought I'd ask! And it says you need an invite? =S

I like it. It emphasizes weight lifting, which most girls don't do enough of, so I think it's great for that. I am also a pretty active poster in a thread on this forum called Sarge's No Excuses Boot Camp, and several of the other posters in that thread have started using it and we are challenging each other and stuff, so now I am using it more. So I would say if you are going to have other people on there, it's worth signing up, and that this is the perfect forum on which to find friends with whom you could play. If you want an invite and think you'll use it, PM your email and I'll invite you.

Scoot
12-11-2011, 03:24 AM
Just found this thread for the first time and thought it deserved a bump! :D

I play WoW. I played heavily in 2006-2007, and then quit for years up until just last month! The itch never really went away, in all that time. I've got a destruction warlock and a resto druid as my main toons. WoW is kind of a silly choice for me, though, since I hate PvP and grouping. I just like to do my own solo thing on my carebear server and I'm happy as a clam :D Silly to pay a fee for an MMO when I like to play alone, but no other game's story/environment/play experience has turned me on like WoW does.

EXCEPT Endless Ocean & Endless Ocean: Blue World. Have any of you ever played that? I was COMPLETELY OBSESSED with those until I finished them. I'm very into "perfect completion," so games that have a checklist of achievements or things to find/collect are definitely my style. I remember being a freak for Pokemon Yellow on Game Boy back in the day too.

I've listed Skyrim as something I'd really like to get for Christmas. If Santa doesn't bring it, I will just have to treat myself. It sounds amazing!

KatTheAmazon
12-11-2011, 03:38 AM
I play WoW as well. I used to be more into raiding and PvP but lately I've enjoyed PvE stuff. Loving the achievements and mOst recently got The Loremaster achievement, which was something I was working on before cata but had to restart when the patch came out. Been playing since 2006 or maybe 2005. Been so long I can't remember lol! I don't play as much as I used to, but I still enjoy it!

I also enjoy Rome: Total War and Age of Empires 2 and Age of Mythology.

I love playing my iPhone games too :) current top ones are words with friends, tiny chef, my horse, and oregon trail.

DesertTabby
12-11-2011, 04:13 AM
Woooo! Fellow gamers! I'm so glad you guys bumped this thread! I didn't realize how many girls here are fellow geeks :D It makes me so happy...

I am currently playing Skyrim (but my god the glitches are so damn annoying and has slowed my gaming down to a crawl) and have plans on playing Assassin's Creed Revelations and Uncharted 2 and 3 after it. I also have Heavy Rain I am dying to try out.

Has anyone noticed that since picking up this 'more active' lifestyle they're having less time to finish these games?? :carrot: Sometimes I feel guilty if I sit for 3-4 hours straight on a game and feel the need to get off my arse to counter it, when back in the day I had no problem staying 8+ hours! (With the exception of heading out to gather food) But damn, all my other friends are finishing their games while I'm playing at a snail's pace! I wish there was a way to do the treadmill /and/ play on my Xbox/PS3, then at least I won't be bothered by the family either...Hmmm, maybe there is....

sontaikle
12-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Whooo gamers!

DesertTabby I am hooked on Skyrim like you won't believe. I finally did the main quest and am having some fun times killing dragons. Before that I was chillin with the Mages and now I'm Arch-Mage and doing random things for the townsfolk.

When I started exercising years ago I had the same issue—I couldn't sit still anymore! :joker: When I was younger I could sit for 12 hours (and no, I'm not exaggerating!) and play Final Fantasy X but now if I play Skyrim for longer than a half hour I at least need to get up and walk around or something!

DesertTabby
12-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Sontaikle! You're like my sister from another mister <3!

Admittedly I focused on being a 'rogue' with my khajit (I know, I know, eyeroll worthy but khajits are badass rogues and I do love my 15x damage backstabs oh so very much! Plus it amuses me how very out of synch khajits feel. A cat that turns into a werewolf that is part dragon, can you get anymore mary sue than that? :lol:) and with a good bow I can just snipe everyone in my path, muahahahaha! I have to admit, killing dragons is way more fun than I expected. I especially love when you're hiking up frigid mountains only to see the northern lights flare up the sky above you...so gorgeous! The graphics in the game is mind-blowing.

I also keep getting stuck in the whole 'just let me finish this dungeon crawl' mindset, only to get sucked into another! What character are you playing for your Arch-Mage?

Daki
12-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Oh yay! Love this thread!

I'm writing this as I wait for noxious whelps to respawn in WoW. I'm making my best friend a little basket of whelps for an in-game Christmas gift, I've already got the crimson and dark whelplings. Just wanna grab her the emerald one and I'm set!

I've played WoW (Always on Durotan, always Horde) off and on since January 2005. Now I live with my first guild master, lol! We've been friends since I joined his guild in 2005 but only started dating a year and a half ago. I use to be a hardcore raider in vanilla and I tried to raid in BC but I found out I was just BURNED OUT and I could not muster up enough give a sh-t to do it again.

I'm also lightly playing Skyrim (It gives me headaches). My boyfriend and I have been playing Super Mario Wii. I play the Sims when the mood strikes me (Which is not as often anymore as it use to be but damn, I love that series). I'm TERRIBLE at CoD but I love all of them. I also enjoy watching people play video games and helping them out (Silent Hill, Bioshock, Dead Space, Portal, Fallout). We play a lot of Rock Band, too. Between the two of us we have all of the next gen consoles covered. N64, PS2, Gamecube, SNES, various Gameboys, DS, and PSPs are also floating around our house.

My favorite console game ever is Ocarina of Time. I'm waiting for Diablo III and I'm getting more and more excited about Star Wars: The Old Republic.

My boyfriend is great at Magic: the Gathering and has been saying he wants to teach me, I'm a little hesitant about it though. I already play Ascension and D&D with him, I'm not sure I want to add Magic in there too.

sontaikle
12-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Sontaikle! You're like my sister from another mister <3!

Admittedly I focused on being a 'rogue' with my khajit (I know, I know, eyeroll worthy but khajits are badass rogues and I do love my 15x damage backstabs oh so very much! Plus it amuses me how very out of synch khajits feel. A cat that turns into a werewolf that is part dragon, can you get anymore mary sue than that? :lol:) and with a good bow I can just snipe everyone in my path, muahahahaha! I have to admit, killing dragons is way more fun than I expected. I especially love when you're hiking up frigid mountains only to see the northern lights flare up the sky above you...so gorgeous! The graphics in the game is mind-blowing.

I also keep getting stuck in the whole 'just let me finish this dungeon crawl' mindset, only to get sucked into another! What character are you playing for your Arch-Mage?

Omg I love being stealthy <3 I found a really awesome bow during the quests for the College of Winterhold.

I'm a Breton (I always pick Bretons haha) and I've been using a lot of destruction magic, archery and alchemy.

My favorite console game ever is Ocarina of Time.

That is my favorite game ever <3

Latchkey Princess
12-12-2011, 04:12 PM
SKYRIM!!! Yay!! I've been playing this whenever I get a chance. Gotta say, I wasn't sure how they were going to top Oblivion, but they did!

I'm also a fan of sneaky Kajhits. Still working on leveling up, but right now my Kajhit (Meredill by name) is fairly awesome with anything stealth. I did spend last night leveling up my heavy armor so I could get the skill to wear it without it weighing me down tho.
I also get sucked into the "just one more dungeon" mindset. It doesn't help that there are like, a gazillion side quests and misc. quests to do! So far I'm a member of the Legion, the Dark Brotherhood, the Thieves Guild and the Forsworn (well, kind of...). Currently working on traveling around the map discovering places (just in case I need to fast travel to somewhere near those places later on during the main quest, silly way of thinking I know).

I'm sure I've posted in this thread before, but I mostly game on my 360. Besides Skyrim right now I'm doing the Halo Anniversary Edition, the remastered graphics are awesome and I love the way they integrated Kinect into the game! I'm also working on FF XIII, but it generally takes me forever to finish any FF game because I like to level up a lot before moving on to another part of the story. I also need to get cracking on MW3, but I'll have to get my husband off of it first. lol

My favorite thing ever tho, is to watch my little 3 year old play. It's crazy, she's pretty good! She loves the Kinect games (esp. Dance Central) and she's even pretty good at the Cars game and believe it or not she loves playing FF XIII (although she's not past the first part yet). My 2 year old joins in with her sometimes and it's a riot to watch them.

Does anyone want to swap gamer tags for xbox live? Mine is Stu Redman, I don't do multiplayer much, but sometimes its fun.

ArtyKay
12-12-2011, 04:16 PM
hmm..I don't play online games, but I do love xbox. DH and I are both hooked on Battlefield 3 right now. I also like Assasin's Creed and Grand Theft Auto. :p

lol, we kind of suck at it, but we're improving! Latchkey Princess..are you guys going to get the new Tom Clancy Kinect game in March? I'm super psyched for it. I'm preordering it when I get paid at the end of the month.

sontaikle
12-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Latchkey Princess, my gamertag is the same as it is here, Sontaikle. I also don't do much online gaming, but every now and then it's fun.

DesertTabby
12-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Latchkey Princess, I loooove the sneak bonus. Its so great to backstab and snipe your enemies away. I'm still only level 27 though and realized I neglected building up my smithing, which would be incredibly useful as time goes on. Also I know what you mean by exploring...except that I tend to go in a straight line when doing missions, forgoing roads and ending up scaling cliffs and defying physics (thanks to their massive amounts of glitches!) just to get from point A to point B.

I love that you're raising mini-geek girls too! My nephew is a definite gamer (he takes after his aunt if I do say so myself) but the girls are more geeks in the reading department than gaming (another habit I am proud to impart on them!)

My gamertag is Cadi15 :D

Speaking of Bethesda games, any Fallout fans?

sontaikle
12-12-2011, 05:11 PM
FALLOUT.

I love Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas!

I still get freaked out by the Albino Radscorpions :(

Koshka
12-12-2011, 08:04 PM
I play WoW. I started playing soon after my son started playing 6 years ago. He doesn't play any more but now DH and I play. I don't do PVP but mostly raid.

That said...I've pre-ordered the new SWTOR as have my son and husband so look forward to starting that next week.

Latchkey Princess
12-12-2011, 09:15 PM
DesertTabby~ My husband always asks me "Why don't you just take the road?" because whenever I'm on the main quest I'm scaling cliffs and fording streams just to go in a straight line. I'm like "I see the location marker, I go that way, no road needed!" lol I'm only a level 29 right now, but I have been neglecting my smithing too, guess I just get really complacent with the armor and weapons I already have...

ArtyKay~ I haven't really played any Tom Clancy games, I tried GRAW way back when on the PS2 and wasn't impressed... But back then I was mostly doing RPGs and hadn't really gotten into FPSs yet (which I didn't really start to enjoy until back in 2007 when a friend introduced me to XBox and Halo 2). Maybe I'll have to give it a try! But I am preordering FF XIII-2 and Halo 4 (especially psyched for the latter, can never have enough Halo!).

For those who play WoW (and it seems like there are more than a few here!), I've always wanted to try the game, but I understand it doesn't have a campaign option (like, say, Halo does) where I can get good before I go multiplayer...? How does that work? Is there a tutorial, can you practice before they thrust you out there with experienced players? Eh, I just hate being the n00b in multiplayer situations.

Sinoia
12-13-2011, 12:46 AM
You start in a beginners area in WoW, which is easy and you get a bit of equipment through questing and killing creatures. Wow is very intuitive, though and easy to play.

I wish I could play on the American servers then I could meet up in game with you folk!

Minsy
12-13-2011, 01:30 AM
Yes! Other gamers! As I sit here, waiting patiently for my SWTOR early access email to arrive (hopefully before the 15th). *can't sleep* :D One thing is for sure though, I'm not an FPS girl or a console gamer for that matter (outside of childhood consoles, for nostalgic reasons obviously). The only game I'll bother playing on the 360 is L4D and all it does is reinforce the fact that if there WAS a zombie apocolypse, I'd just die. -.-

I quit WoW a little before 4.3 released, but I had several lvl 85 alliance toons on Kel'Thuzad. :) I love MMORPGs and just role playing games in general, I've played a lot of them...Warhammer, Rift, GW, Final Fantasy, AoC, Aion, Dungeon Defenders, some crappy F2P korean MMOs, blahblahblah the list goes on. Most recently I was playing Skyrim, which was a lot of fun. I haven't finished though.

Anyways! What I'm *really* waiting for is Guild Wars 2. Release soon. Please & Thank you. >:O

ArtyKay
12-13-2011, 05:54 AM
FALLOUT.

I love Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas!

I still get freaked out by the Albino Radscorpions :(

Oohhh man...I want to play that one so bad...I've been eyeing it for a while. Just haven't pulled the trigger and bought it yet.

DesertTabby
12-13-2011, 06:59 AM
DO IT! Fallout 3 and Fallout NV are up there in terms of favorite games. The soundtrack alone is worth it!

sontaikle
12-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Oohhh man...I want to play that one so bad...I've been eyeing it for a while. Just haven't pulled the trigger and bought it yet.

Yes, I agree! buy it!

I know that you can snag the Fallout 3 GOTY edition pretty cheap!

sontaikle
12-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Just a heads up! For those of you who haven't picked up any of the Assassin's Creed games, they're all cheap today only at Amazon. If you haven't played any of the AC games....you really should :D

AC 1: $15
AC 2: $15
Brotherhood: $20
Revelations: $36

Riestrella
12-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Hey everyone! I forgot I made this thread way back when! I'm currently addicted to Plants vs. Zombies and been playing Uncharted 3, which was AMAZING. I also played Deus Ex: Human Revolution which was kick a$$, the voice for Jensen was sexxxxyyy. I also started playing Shadow of the Colossus, need to finish that one of these days!

sontaikle - I really enjoyed Full Metal Alchemist! Bit off topic but noticed your profile pic =p

sontaikle
12-14-2011, 03:50 PM
sontaikle - I really enjoyed Full Metal Alchemist! Bit off topic but noticed your profile pic =p

I'm hoooked on FMA! I've been hooked on it since '04. That's probably not healthy :< It's really a great anime, right? :)

Riestrella
12-14-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm hoooked on FMA! I've been hooked on it since '04. That's probably not healthy :< It's really a great anime, right? :)

Yeah, it's great! I watched the first series, haven't seen the Brotherhood yet. Which one do you prefer?

Delphi
12-15-2011, 04:28 AM
Gamer here! Though I'm partial to the Xbox, I do have all other consoles, mostly collecting dust. I competative game with a clan and usually if I have free time I can be found on XBL! Gamertag: Geekology (If that tells you anything at all..lol)

sontaikle
12-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Yeah, it's great! I watched the first series, haven't seen the Brotherhood yet. Which one do you prefer?

I really like Brotherhood because it follows the manga and I always preferred the manga storyline. I really love both though.

Gamer here! Though I'm partial to the Xbox, I do have all other consoles, mostly collecting dust. I competative game with a clan and usually if I have free time I can be found on XBL! Gamertag: Geekology (If that tells you anything at all..lol)

Haha, I'm sending you a friend request ;) gamertag is the same as my username here.

Delphi
12-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Haha, I'm sending you a friend request ;) gamertag is the same as my username here.

Sounds good. Accepted!

LaceyCen
12-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Total gamer here, have been since I was old enough to hold a controller. (So, about 20 years now?) Final Fantasy, Portal, Assassin's Creed, The Legend of Zelda, so many great game series out there!

Now that university is out for Christmas, as soon as I get off of work everyday I run home to work on getting my platinum trophy for AC:Revelations. Only two more trophies left until I get it! As soon as I finish, I'm going back to Skyward Sword. I'm afraid that SS is going to beat out Ocarina of Time as one of my favorite games of all time.

sontaikle: FMA is the biggest thing in my life. Ever. It always will be. I've been a fan since 2004, when the original anime aired. The manga is my favorite though, along with Brotherhood. I'm guessing you're Team Edward (Elric) from the avatar? I'm an insane Roy fan, I have so much Roy merchandise, I think it worries my friends. Not to mention my FMA ringtones/text tones. (having voice clips of Roy play everytime I get a text is the best thing ever)

ArtyKay
12-16-2011, 06:34 AM
Man...I bought Assasin's Creed Revelations in November and I haven't even started playing it yet. Hubby tried playing it for a while but he got bored and stopped. He's definitely more of a Battlefield person. He'll play online, and I'll play the campaign lol. Though I've been neglecting my BF3 campaign for the past week, and playing online instead to help him level up faster. :o

Hmm...I think I'm going to crack open ACR when I get home, if i'm not too tired, this is making me want to start playing it.

LaceyCen
12-16-2011, 10:44 AM
AC:R was not a strong part of the series, IMO. Not that it was bad, quite the opposite, I enjoyed it very much. But I'm just ready for some plot closure with the main story line!

Granted, I always enjoy playing as Altair/Ezio, so this was just another gratuitous chance for me to get to do that again.

I'm not much for FPS, the only one I've played within the last year was Black Ops. (still need to get more trophies on that, actually..) So I haven't bothered spending the money on any others. I would go for BF before CoD, though.

ArtyKay
12-16-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm not huge on FPS games either, I die too much lol, but I do like BF. The online play is kind of frustrating because everybody is so much better than me and they kill the crap out of me, and they move around so fast that I can't get many kills in.

I'll take a game with a story line any day.

Sooo...regarding AC, should I start out with the earlier versions since the story line is consistent throughout the games? My husband is the one who picked the game out, and he just grabbed the newest one. For some reason I just assumed it was like FF and had independant plots in each game. :p

ETA: OOooo, oooo! Anybody else like City of Heroes??? I haven't played it in a few years, but I started playing it when it first came out and I miss it so much...I stopped when I left for college and never picked back up. I'm thinking about buying it again.

LaceyCen
12-16-2011, 11:13 AM
I always recommend that someone new to the AC series should start with the first game. If not the first (because the controls really bothered me) then the second. But the story line starts with the first, so I still say you should start there. I would imagine that Revelations would make no sense without playing at least AC2 and Brotherhood first.

Just like I tell everyone to start with either 7, 8, or 9 when picking up FF for the first time. Not quite as classic as 6, but I find the original PS1 lineup easier for people to get into.

ArtyKay
12-16-2011, 11:23 AM
The PS FF games are the only ones I've ever played.

And HOLD THE PHONE! City of Heroes is free now, I'm downloading it right now!

Great...I'm not going to get any sleep today. Oh well. :D I'll just take a nap before work tonight. .

sontaikle
12-16-2011, 11:30 AM
LaceyCen - I've been playing video games since I was old enough to hold a controller too ;) I can thank my Dad for that!

OMG another huge FMA fan <333 And yeah I'm super obsessed with Edward, but I love Roy too. My friends have moved on to other anime but I'm stuck here :joker:

I still have to play Skyward Sword (I have it but Skyrim has been taking all the time I have)…if it's THAT good (OOT is my favorite game too) then I need to move it!

ArtyKay - start with the first game! They're pretty much one after the other (literally, AC2 picks up exactly where AC1 left off for example) and you might be lost if you don't.

LaceyCen
12-16-2011, 12:17 PM
sontaikle - Same here, my parents were gamers before they had children!

I love Edward as well, just not on the Roy-obsession level. Edward's courage and determination helped me when I was younger, and I still think of FMA quotes to help me keep going! And I know how you feel about friends moving on, I think I bore them since I still love FMA more than anything. (And I don't plan on moving on.)

I made a point to never try Skyrim. I'm one of those crazy-obsessive completionists, and I really don't want to find another game that I have to spend 100+ hours to get my platinum. FF13 took long enough, and I didn't even like it that much. And as for Skyward Sword, I'm not very far into it, but it's a very wonderful game so far.

ArtyKay - FF10 was (again, IMO) a very amazing game. Some people disliked it because of linearity, but it had one of the most beautiful stories I've ever experienced in a game. I definitely recommend it.

sontaikle
12-16-2011, 12:32 PM
sontaikle - Same here, my parents were gamers before they had children!

Haha gamer parents! :) My Dad still plays. It makes it easy to get him birthday/Christmas presents. My mom is always asking me what she can get him.

I love Edward as well, just not on the Roy-obsession level. Edward's courage and determination helped me when I was younger, and I still think of FMA quotes to help me keep going! And I know how you feel about friends moving on, I think I bore them since I still love FMA more than anything. (And I don't plan on moving on.)

I love FMA for the same reason. I have a whole list of quotes I read all the time to pick me up <3 FMA also got me through high school and some really tough times :)

I love Ed because he's similar to me, even down to some of his faults. I try to live like him and ignore what's been told is impossible or hard to do and try anyway :)

I made a point to never try Skyrim. I'm one of those crazy-obsessive completionists, and I really don't want to find another game that I have to spend 100+ hours to get my platinum. FF13 took long enough, and I didn't even like it that much. And as for Skyward Sword, I'm not very far into it, but it's a very wonderful game so far.

Omg me too :< This is why I got Skyrim for the Xbox. I have to share the Xbox with my brother and my Dad so I get kicked off when I've been playing too long. The fact that I get obsessive about games is the reason I never played WoW.

LaceyCen
12-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Haha gamer parents! :) My Dad still plays. It makes it easy to get him birthday/Christmas presents. My mom is always asking me what she can get him.

My dad does, too. When I bought him Arkham City, he was like a kid in a candy store.

I love FMA for the same reason. I have a whole list of quotes I read all the time to pick me up <3 FMA also got me through high school and some really tough times :)

I'm guessing we must be around the same age, because it helped me through high school, too. :)

I love Ed because he's similar to me, even down to some of his faults. I try to live like him and ignore what's been told is impossible or hard to do and try anyway :)

I've always identified with Edward way, way too much (even if not the height)! I think my love for Roy came about because he keeps his eyes on his dream, no matter what. He took a horrible point in his life, and let it shape him into a better person.

Funny thing, FMA made me know what I wanted my university major to be. Chemistry is the modern-day version of alchemy, after all. ;)

Omg me too :< This is why I got Skyrim for the Xbox. I have to share the Xbox with my brother and my Dad so I get kicked off when I've been playing too long. The fact that I get obsessive about games is the reason I never played WoW.

The only MMORPG I played was Ragnarok Online, and my obsessive-ness got me in trouble with it. It was pretty much taking over my life. :lol: Now I won't touch them with a ten-foot pole.

Riestrella
12-16-2011, 05:37 PM
I still think FF8 is the best Final Fantasy...maybe it's because it's the first one I played and I fell so head over heals in love with it! It was also the first RPG I played too! 10 is also an amazing game, I think it could be my second favourite...but I did love 7. I <3 the music too, To Zanarkand is an amazing song.

LaceyCen
12-17-2011, 03:12 AM
Riestrella - FF8 will always be my favorite, for the same reasons you mentioned. It was my first FF and RPG, and I'll always have special feelings for it. FF10 and FF7 both fought for second in my heart, but 7 won. The whole world of FF7 just amazes me, and the Compilation just made me love the characters more than I already did. (...must not geek out over love for FF7 characters)

ArtyKay
12-17-2011, 03:35 AM
Riestrella - FF8 will always be my favorite, for the same reasons you mentioned. It was my first FF and RPG, and I'll always have special feelings for it. FF10 and FF7 both fought for second in my heart, but 7 won. The whole world of FF7 just amazes me, and the Compilation just made me love the characters more than I already did. (...must not geek out over love for FF7 characters)

The characters in FF7 are awesome... Geek out all you want! I know I do. I may be an underdog here, but my favorite is FF9. 7 & 10 are very close seconds.

DesertTabby
12-17-2011, 04:47 AM
FF8 was the first FF game I've played as well. I got into them pretty late and admittedly I never stuck with them for very long. I think its cause I grew up playing oldschool rpg/adventure games on the PC rather than console games (Monkey Islands, King's Quests, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Leisure Suit Larry, etc. Ah, the days of Sierra vs Lucas Arts.) Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers those 16 bit and over games...

Hmm, wonder if we should have an anime/manga thread too. I've always been a huge fan of Studio Ghibli (I grew up watching/reading Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind and Lupin the third!) I really enjoyed FMA but for some reason I couldn't stick with it. I have a short attention span and a lot of series that end up being more than 20 episodes I would eventually lose interest. Same thing happened with me and Naruto.

Delphi
12-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Perhaps I am the odd man out but I never could get into JRPGs. Have no clue why!

After Oblivion (then Fallout) I told myself I would never let another game steal that much of my life again; although I ran out and got Skyrim when I could. I might have to put in for vacation time just to play it..lol! Though when Mass Effect 3 drops I will most definitely be taking off. Anyone else take days off around or on the day of launch?

fuct
04-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Wondering if any of you have steam? Could always use new friends :)

tea2
04-12-2012, 07:26 PM
I like strategy like Age of Empires and city-building games, RPGs, and the Sims. I play WOW too (not all that often--I don't even have a char at lvl 85 yet, lol, and I have been playing for a number of years. Many alts, tho).

I've been playing Skyrim and Sims3 and a couple of old city building games for nostalgia's sake.

Nadya
04-12-2012, 07:45 PM
I game but I'm not really playing anything at the moment. I was pretty heavily into WoW and then I kinda just...got burned out. I keep thinking, "I should start my account up again..." but then I never quite make it through all the steps. :lol:

I'm thinking of setting my PS3 up and giving that a whirl though. I loooove playing Plants Vs Zombies, that game is so cute and fun!

pluckypear
04-13-2012, 04:29 PM
My husband got me into xbox 360. I still love Left for Dead 1 and 2. We are offline gamers and it sucks there are not many good offline co-op. I am a zombie fan so anything zombie I love but I love a storyline too. Not up with all the terminolgy though. I am now playing Operation Racoon City and love it but wish it had offline co-op. I also am a Resident Evil fan all around and hear 6 is due out in the fall with offline co-op. yeah! Cannot wait for new Left for Dead but not holding my breath for it anytime soon.

I tried Silent Hill but got bored of it before finishing it.

Any recommendations for offline co-op for xbox 360??

Thanks.

sontaikle
04-15-2012, 07:30 AM
My husband got me into xbox 360. I still love Left for Dead 1 and 2. We are offline gamers and it sucks there are not many good offline co-op. I am a zombie fan so anything zombie I love but I love a storyline too. Not up with all the terminolgy though. I am now playing Operation Racoon City and love it but wish it had offline co-op. I also am a Resident Evil fan all around and hear 6 is due out in the fall with offline co-op. yeah! Cannot wait for new Left for Dead but not holding my breath for it anytime soon.

I tried Silent Hill but got bored of it before finishing it.

Any recommendations for offline co-op for xbox 360??

Thanks.

I hate the lack of offline co-op games!!

My brother and I play a few though:

Borderlands
Resident Evil 5
Call of Duty Black Ops (for the zombie mode)
Gears of War 1, 2, and 3

That's all I can honestly think of at the moment. If you like Zombies though, Resident Evil 5 is a great.

DesertTabby
04-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Okay, I just finished Batman Arkham Asylum and argh! It was such a great game! Appealed to my comic geek side and my gamer side (especially when you see Bane breaking the Bat's back, woo!) So I ran out to get Arkham City to play next.

Currently I am hooked on Uncharted 2 and soon Uncharted 3. Anyone else try these games?

Also anyone see the rebooted Lara Craft/Tomb Raiders game? Looks like they went the Uncharted route themselves...And gave her breast reduction surgery :D

pluckypear
04-15-2012, 10:55 AM
I hate the lack of offline co-op games!!

My brother and I play a few though:

Borderlands
Resident Evil 5
Call of Duty Black Ops (for the zombie mode)
Gears of War 1, 2, and 3

That's all I can honestly think of at the moment. If you like Zombies though, Resident Evil 5 is a great.

I do love Resident Evil 5 but played it so much I am done for now. Thanks for the ideas and will check out Call of Duty Black Ops for sure.

Thousandsunny
06-27-2012, 04:43 PM
I know I'm bumping an old thread but I'm just adding myself to the list of Gamers around here. Any of you ladies into Diablo III recently?

Vex
06-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I've been playing D3 since it came out, but I'm getting tired of it pretty quick. I played both D1 and D2 and this game just seems bleh.

kurisitaru
06-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Did I hear Borderlands?
Did I mention I kick butt at that game?

ME3!!! WANT!!!

Also... Dante's Inferno is INTENSE for anyone looking for a game that will give you night mares... or if you really want night mares, Silent Hill, Fear, BioShock! OMG! Little Sisters still give me creeps...

Uncharted is AWESOME! My BF hogs those games though... jerk... Love him but he doesn't let me play very often.

Also, I haven't done DIII, I played the first II and currently haven't found an interest in picking up the third. If you like dungeon raiding games though, should check out Torchlight. It's pretty sweet.

OH! DDR yay!

Alyj89
06-28-2012, 12:52 AM
I played diablo III for a bit since I had the Warcraft annual pass and Oslo I got D3 free. It was fun for a bit but I got so bored ! I don't understand why they couldn't create more content so that you could reach max level in all new content rather than playing the exact same thing 3 times to reach max. that killed it for me. interestingly it made WoW fun again and I'm absolutely stoked for the expansion ha.

I'm waiting for the guild wars 2 announcement as well, I think I will be playing that and haven't decided if I want to grab a collectors edition or not (I love art books and I want it. I'm getting the WoW expac CE, since the fiancé and I have always gotten those)

sontaikle
06-28-2012, 03:32 AM
Anyone download Dawnguard? I was waiting for the reviews but it just looks so awesome I might cave and get it. I haven't played Skyrim in a while and this might give me a good excuse ;)

Vex
06-28-2012, 10:39 AM
I would have downloaded Dawnguard had they made it for PC and not just xbox. That makes me sad indeed :(

Thousandsunny
06-28-2012, 10:55 AM
I do know what you guys mean with the DIII playability. I am running through Nightmare now and it's so farm-based that I can't play for very long. I want to get back into WoW, I've been gone about 2 years but I'm sure I gear my 85s out if I play it through, haha.

Vex
06-28-2012, 11:00 AM
I played wow since beta and actually thought about going back after D3, but oddly enough when I tried to sign on I realize that the credit card it was on had expired.

I'm not renewing it - it's definitely a sign not to.

CanadianCutie
06-28-2012, 11:08 AM
I've been playing diablo 3, and also got back in the sims 3.

amandie
06-28-2012, 12:26 PM
I LOVE Borderlands! Bioshock creeps me out too, especially the splicers! LoL. I heard a lot of people including my boyfriend are disappointed in Diablo 3, which sucks because I was so looking forward to it. Maybe one day after they tweak it a bit more.

I also play WoW once in a while when I have a chance.

Kayriel
06-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Currently playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and still have a WoW subscription although I really should cancel it as I don't log in. However, my new excitement is Guild Wars 2 as my little sister and brother-in-law will be playing with me and my husband!

And on the backburner I have to finish Final Fantasy XIII and Tales of Grace F.

MMOs can take up so much time if you let them but then again, the subscription costs less than a ticket to a 3d movie in Australia and I get hours of entertainment.

TheVikingNinja
06-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Gamer here:)
I'd love for some new people to add me
XBL: TheVikingNinjaa
PSN: TheVikingNinja

Mostly a FPS player.
And Minecraft. Addictive.

Vex
12-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Ok, I'm bored with Pandaria already. Anyone playing anything interesting?

owlsteazombies
12-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Pandaria was World of Dailies!! I walked away from my orc warlock because I couldn't take the monotony anymore. And whoever thought of the idea that you should earn rep to use your valor...well..I do not like that person.

Skyrim is pretty awesome, AC3 was ok...Terraria was just updated. Borderlands 2 is still what I've been doing along with Torchlight 2. I recently updated my sims 3 game to Seasons, but with Windows 8 that's been glitchy at best. Civilization 5 I can spend ALL day and night on, so I only play that when I'm ill..I was going to pick up MW3 tomorrow while I'm out.

Skellig19
12-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Gamer here! I grew up gaming but now with a full-time job + horror commute, I don't get to play as much... plus the games I really want to play, my husband usually doesn't want to so it's a battle for screen time. Currently I'm replaying FF8 for the gazillionth time and my husband and I are slogging our way through Halo 4's co-op on Legendary. Must say, I'm extremely disappointed in the difficulty level of both Halo 3 and 4. Way too easy.

I used to play Halo online a lot, mostly SWAT but I haven't been able to find the same kind of time to devote to Halo 4. Frankly, I've had the game for a month and haven't even tried out the multiplayer. My gaming cred is on a steep downturn. :(

Favourite games:

ff7, ff8, wild arms, Bioshock, RCT, The Sims 1,2,3, GTA: Vice City, Halo...

owlsteazombies
12-06-2012, 05:38 PM
I still need to replay the ME series to get the perfect Shepard Lives ending..and perfect paragon. Apparently playing renegade just meant I was a jerk who killed all her friends.

Skellig19
12-06-2012, 06:27 PM
I still need to replay the ME series to get the perfect Shepard Lives ending..and perfect paragon. Apparently playing renegade just meant I was a jerk who killed all her friends.

Ha ha ha. I tried ME for about 2 hours and I just couldn't get into it (despite knowing in my core that it would be an amazing story and trying to tell myself 'be interested'). I have definitely found that FPS' instant gratification aspect has ruined me for most RPG games. Can I shoot that alien? No, I have to talk to it first, become it's friend, take it on a date, get information out of it, THEN I can kill it. ;)

Having replayed FF7 and now in the middle of FF8 maybe I'll have developed more patience!

Anyone else find it difficult to get back in RPG's after playing FPS' a lot?

owlsteazombies
12-06-2012, 06:28 PM
I did yea, I just wanted to kill things rather than talk. Skyrim was a nice mixture of that, so it eased me into RPG's a bit easier..plus the idea of spending a week on the couch with my orc rogue stealing sweet cakes and horses is pretty awesome.

Skellig19
12-06-2012, 06:40 PM
I did yea, I just wanted to kill things rather than talk. Skyrim was a nice mixture of that, so it eased me into RPG's a bit easier..plus the idea of spending a week on the couch with my orc rogue stealing sweet cakes and horses is pretty awesome.

Wow, you're a quick poster! I haven't played Skyrim but doesn't it run on the same engine as Fallout 3? Or am I just thinking it's also from Bethesda... Freaking love Fallout 3. Perfect game in everyway. I think you have convinced me to try ME again. Thanks!!!

Vex
12-06-2012, 08:57 PM
I've wondered how skyrim or wow will run on windows 8... It's odd, I'm almost always an ahead of the game person on technology EXCEPT for operating systems.

Anyone else find it difficult to get back in RPG's after playing FPS' a lot?

Not really, I think I'll always be a RPG player first. Every now and then though I like to play a FPS. Believe it or not, I consider the Diablo series a FPS though.

owlsteazombies
12-06-2012, 08:59 PM
It's on another engine. I haven't even tried to download WoW on windows 8. Windows 8 so far has turned my computer into a horrible raging maniac with HUGE headers I had to fix..I hate it so much.

I play most games on the 360 or ps3..the only comp games I have is the Sims 3 series, Star Wars: The Old Republic and WoW. I used to have Tera and Secret World..but..they were bad.

CanadianCutie
12-07-2012, 08:42 AM
I've been playing Guild Wars 2. It's fun but for about the first 30 levels unless you read a lot of character builds and guides online, you may feel like you have no idea what you're doing. Lots of exploration, quests, crafting, world events, dungeons. And the best part, you don't have to group up with people to kill things if you don't want (except for dungeons and other instances).

owlsteazombies
12-07-2012, 12:33 PM
I've been playing Guild Wars 2. It's fun but for about the first 30 levels unless you read a lot of character builds and guides online, you may feel like you have no idea what you're doing. Lots of exploration, quests, crafting, world events, dungeons. And the best part, you don't have to group up with people to kill things if you don't want (except for dungeons and other instances).

I'm bad about that in MMO's. I'm very spreadsheet and build oriented because I always raided and pvp'd to win. It sort've made me an elitist jerk when it came to gaming, so I made the decision one day to just play how I wanted, then suddenly, I was nice. Weird how that happens.

I heard GW2 was good, but there was no real end game? So I never picked it up.

Skellig- PLAY Mass Effect!! It's like a shooter and a rpg made sweet love and created the perfect game!

CanadianCutie
12-07-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm bad about that in MMO's. I'm very spreadsheet and build oriented because I always raided and pvp'd to win. It sort've made me an elitist jerk when it came to gaming, so I made the decision one day to just play how I wanted, then suddenly, I was nice. Weird how that happens.

I heard GW2 was good, but there was no real end game? So I never picked it up.

I was a casual player for a long time on Everquest, then I started raiding, got burned out on raiding, went to a casual guild, found the fun in the game again (and my now husband). Guild drama caused us to move to WoW which we played casually, for the fun and tradeskilling. I had tried Guild Wars 1 when it first came out, but didn't like it.
My cousin encouraged us to try GW2 and we did. We enjoy it. There are dailies and World vs World pvp, there is no end game, though the last several zones are a lot of big events so quasi raiding happens. The most interesting thing to me though is the trading post, the stuff on the trading post is game wide, not just per server. My hubby and I are on Devona's Rest if you decide to pick up the game.

owlsteazombies
12-07-2012, 03:15 PM
I was a casual player for a long time on Everquest, then I started raiding, got burned out on raiding, went to a casual guild, found the fun in the game again (and my now husband). Guild drama caused us to move to WoW which we played casually, for the fun and tradeskilling. I had tried Guild Wars 1 when it first came out, but didn't like it.
My cousin encouraged us to try GW2 and we did. We enjoy it. There are dailies and World vs World pvp, there is no end game, though the last several zones are a lot of big events so quasi raiding happens. The most interesting thing to me though is the trading post, the stuff on the trading post is game wide, not just per server. My hubby and I are on Devona's Rest if you decide to pick up the game.

Nice thanks! I've been looking for a new game to occupy my time and with renovations to our house, paying $15 a month for a game I'd play one or two days for an hour or so a week is a bit much.

I never did finish the story for the Imperial Agent or the Sith Warrior and Smuggler in Star Wars, and now that it's free to play, I might just install it and finish up those quest lines.

Tradeskilling in WoW used to be fun...then it got to be a bit much in Cataclysm. 7 days for a tailoring cd? Soulbound Chaos orbs till the end? Prices of Truegold..ugh! My head hurts remembering it!

pluckypear
12-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Finishing Resident Evil 6. Still pining for new left for dead. And just not enough xbox 360 offline co-op games.
Got Dh the new Forza game.

the shiv
12-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Another gamer here :)

I am absolutely in love with FF13 & 13-2 (can you tell I've only been gaming a few years? Heh :) My bf got me into it so we could play co-op). I plan to pick up a PS2 so I can play the older FF titles as well :D

Other than that, I love Borderlands/2, Uncharted series, AC, any Lego games, Skyrim (which took up 110% of my time until it started crashing all the time), Fallout :)

There's a pile of them I'm meaning to play that I've only just started or not started. The Batman games look amazing, I have a lot of affection for Mirror's Edge (but I'm stuck at the beginning), Brink, and for a straightforward shooting guys in the face game you can't beat a bit of Killzone :)

Anyway, hi :)

owlsteazombies
12-13-2012, 11:53 PM
I've just spent the evening messing zombies up with a lawnmower in Dead Rising, and shooting them in Left 4 Dead.

My Skyrim DLC has been stuck at 47% for a day and a half now...hmm..I wanted to kill me a dragonborn!

Vex
01-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Started playing Guild wars2.

It's moderately awesome. It reminds me of Skyrim and wow put together without the idiot general chat of WoW.

fatgiraffe
01-04-2013, 04:10 PM
I mostly play old school as well N64 etc, but I play The Sims 3 alllllll the time

Syckgirlsfv
01-04-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm a Resident Evil girl all the way!!! Since the very first one on the original playstation...

sontaikle
01-04-2013, 05:20 PM
I just finished Assassin's Creed III. Holy crap!

I'm a history buff so I love the series. My concentration in undergrad was in American History so I was squealing like a fangirl throughout the game.

Scondy
01-04-2013, 07:45 PM
I've been a gamer since I was a baby. :) Skyrim is definitely a love of mine. I play WoW. I have two games I haven't touched yet that I got for Christmas.

Angeloflove
01-11-2013, 07:25 AM
Since I first got my hands on a PC (about 12 years old) I have been a gamer. But I hate ps and xbox controllers so its mostly pc games for me..:) My favourites are Mafia, Silent hill series, the longest journey and dreamfall, monkey island, vampire the masquerade, sims, zelda, half life.. My boyfriend has always been a big final fantasy fan, but I have never understood the "fight when its your turn" thing:p until I started final fantasy xiv. I LOVE it. Its so darn cute :) Since I am new to the game I dont have many friends on there, so if anyone is playing (once the beta comes out), message me! :)

Pink Hurricane
01-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Huge chick gamer here! Have been since I had my first Nintendo as a 4 year old girl, gaming is in my blood :lol: My hubby and I love doing Co-op together with different games, huge fans of the COD series, Minecraft and Borderlands, we have quite the collection.

Skellig19
01-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Huge chick gamer here! Have been since I had my first Nintendo as a 4 year old girl, gaming is in my blood :lol: My hubby and I love doing Co-op together with different games, huge fans of the COD series, Minecraft and Borderlands, we have quite the collection.

I'm in the same boat as you! Co-op is waaaaaaaaaaay more fun than 1v1. Part of the reason I love the Halo series so much. Love playing with my husband rather than against him.

Lurker89
01-12-2013, 01:42 PM
I just finished Dead Island, which was pretty good. I was actually pretty heavily invested in Warcraft at one point, but it got stale so I ended up just playing moneymaker and stopped playing with about 300k in that game.

I'm looking for something new now to fill up my spare time (my job has a lot of free time during the day), so I've been skulking around Steam looking for something cheap and fun.

If anyone's on there and can suggest something, please let me know!

PinkWaterfall
01-13-2013, 10:47 PM
I love playing the Lego PC Games.
I just reinstalled Lego Indiana Jones - it's cheesey, but too much fun!

helwa588
01-14-2013, 06:33 AM
im a old school gamer. i like ps1 and genesis games. im not into too many modern games. they are not as good and challenging as games from the previous generations.

owlsteazombies
01-14-2013, 02:51 PM
im a old school gamer. i like ps1 and genesis games. im not into too many modern games. they are not as good and challenging as games from the previous generations.

I busted out my old classic NES and played Duck Tales and Spelunker for a good 3 hours last night.

NJChick78
01-15-2013, 10:30 AM
I am a former WOW addict.

I currently play League of Legends, Sims 2, Halo, FRUIT NINJA on kinect and of course board/bored games!

RavenTheMind
01-17-2013, 06:21 PM
I have, in the last year, become a Mass Effect addict and a Garrus Vakarian fangirl. I will play and replay and replay two and three. I beat number one once. Unless I become a masochist- NEVER AGAIN.

I am also recently into Skyrim and Kingdoms of Amalur. My fiance is hugely into Halo- but I'm not a FPS kinda gal. Third person all the way. I am, however, a raging Red vs. Blue fan. Here's a <BLEEP BLOOP> for Caboose. <3

I've always been a Sims fan, and regularly play Sims 3 Supernatural.

I never get tired of the classics: Zelda, Super Mario... y'know. I still have my NES, Super NES, and Nintendo '64. :)

RavenTheMind
01-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Also: If anyone has heard of the Angry Video Game Nerd... SO EXCITED FOR HIS NEW MOVIE!!! Ever since I moved into my fiance's house, I have NOT ONCE gone to sleep without the constant barrage of curses and obsceneities in my ears. I literally CAN NOT sleep without playing an AVGN dvd.