Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Feel I've Let Myself Down.....AGAIN!

I usually post on the WW board and it's hard because if feel like i'm the only one on that board that's not losing weight. I've done and quit ww about 10 times and don't want to make this the 11th. I've followed the plan to a T since end of November. Even battled through the loss of my father at Christmas. Overall i had lost about 18 lbs and i was thrilled, slow loss but still a loss.

Moving forward, i had abdominal surgery on 5/23 and am up like 8-10 lbs since then I was hoping it was fluid but doesn't appear that way a month out. I'm so disappointed in myself. It's like i don't know how to do the program anymore. I'm constantly having issues with constipation, so at one point i did a juice cleanse and lost about 7, which was 2 wks before my surgery. I'm feeling like i should do that again to get off these lbs.

How do you get past the point of wanting to quit? I've also been diagnosed with BID and every time i look in the mirror i see 800 lbs.

Sorry to rant, just very discouraged and need the push to get back on track. It's so easy to go out for drinks and apps!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #2  

I look at old photos of myself and remember how good I used to feel about myself and how much I want that feeling again; I daydream about looking fabulous and all those who had bad things to say about my looks are in awe of my beauty (and I look better than them, of course), and I purchased a suit one size smaller that I REALLY, really want to wear before summer's finished!
That's how I motivate myself and keep on when I feel like quitting.
FassGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #3  

Thats just it, i had really good motivation as i'm in a wedding on July 9th, so i was doing that for my dress (which i refuse to put on now). I have 2 weeks to really crank out some weight loss. You know that feeling when you say well i'm doing this bad what's the point? that's where my head is at!
Old 06-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

From having been in that space 1000 times over, and only recently in the past month re-committing after regaining, I get where you are at right now. I empathize completely and am sending hugs through the computer

Weight loss is just as much mental, emotional, psychological, as it is physical. Sometimes we focus so much on the physical mechanics and forget that the headspace and emotional part has to be in line to truly succeed at this.

The best I can say is to try to break it down into smaller goals for yourself. For example, just commit to one meal at a time. For this meal, you'll be on plan - until you get to the next meal. For me, once I've committed to a couple days, I am more able to stay on track. But when full days have been hard to commit to, I've committed to "just the next meal" and it seemed to help. I have never been successful looking too far ahead. When I broke things down into much smaller, more achievable goals, I was able to commit.

I have also stopped weighing for awhile and just focused on calorie counting as way to reduce hyperfocusing and getting discouraged by small losses that aren't happening as fast as I like.
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #5  
a work in progress :)

S/C/G: 244/234/140

Height: 5' 7"

My thinking is that maybe WW isn't for you? Maybe you need to try a different method, you know what they say the definition of insanity is

The important thing is not to feel so discouraged that you give up. As long as you keep working toward your goal, you will get there! *hugs* (since I have no clue how to make the little emoticon ones here lol)
lagorditadecolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 381/327/175

Height: 5'10"

Default You are NOT a failure....

Heather, we have all "fell off the wagon" many, many times. And we all feel ashamed of ourselves.

I've given up the idea of being on a diet -- I've done WW, Atkins, Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, etc., etc. etc. And failed. I gave up on dieting and decided I was going to have Weight Loss Surgery. After looking into it I went to my PCP to make arrangement -- when I got to his office they put me on the scale and I discovered I lost 50 pounds since my last visit about a year ago. I was shocked and when I thought about it I realized that when I gave up dieting, I stopped thinking about it night and day - it was like a giant burden was lifted from me. What I've done over the past several months it make wise choices and ate reasonable portions. I've had pizza, chinese food, KFC, etc - but ate sensible portions. I eat less meat and bread, and have added more veggies. I use real salad dressing when making a salad, but don't use half a bottle. So stop stressing - maybe you should "take a break" and just try to use common sense. It might make you feel better. But no matter what choice you make, don't go on a guilt trip.

Live Life and Don't Worry - Be Happy!!

Mary
noregrets4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #7  

How do you get past the point of wanting to quit?

And then what?? If you're unhappy with how you look and feel at your present weight -what do you think will happen if you quit ? ? ?

I know this sounds blunt - but I know what happens when you quit -you gain even more weight -feel even worse and begin to tell yourself that you have too much to lose -so why bother blah,blah,blah - been there ,done that!!

Please don't quit - just do as others suggested -try a new plan or just commit to 1 meal at a time - but just don't quit!! (My 2cents)
newbieblogger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #8  

If you quit, where will you be 1 year from now? Will you be happy? I am also a WW and we all have our ups and downs. It's a part of life. Juice fast loses weight temporarily. It will not stay off.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noregrets4me View Post
Heather, we have all "fell off the wagon" many, many times. And we all feel ashamed of ourselves.

I've given up the idea of being on a diet -- I've done WW, Atkins, Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, etc., etc. etc. And failed. I gave up on dieting and decided I was going to have Weight Loss Surgery. After looking into it I went to my PCP to make arrangement -- when I got to his office they put me on the scale and I discovered I lost 50 pounds since my last visit about a year ago. I was shocked and when I thought about it I realized that when I gave up dieting, I stopped thinking about it night and day - it was like a giant burden was lifted from me. What I've done over the past several months it make wise choices and ate reasonable portions. I've had pizza, chinese food, KFC, etc - but ate sensible portions. I eat less meat and bread, and have added more veggies. I use real salad dressing when making a salad, but don't use half a bottle. So stop stressing - maybe you should "take a break" and just try to use common sense. It might make you feel better. But no matter what choice you make, don't go on a guilt trip.

Live Life and Don't Worry - Be Happy!!

Mary
Mickey79sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #10  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

I agree that if you feel like WW just isn't working for you, maybe you should try something else. I joined WW at the beginning of February, a month after my daughter was born. After a month of really following the plan, tracking my points, etc. I was NOT losing weight. It was frustrating, to say the least. I think my problem with the PointsPlus program is that I'm a big fruit eater, and since fruit is considered "free" I was consuming too many calories. I quit WW and began calorie counting on my own at the beginning of March. I still kept some of the WW principles in my mind (eating a balanced diet with plenty of fiber, making sure I get my fruits, veggies and dairy in, etc) but it seemed so much easier for me to calorie count. I've lost over 30 lbs now and am less than 6 from my goal.

Even if you feel that WW isn't working for you, don't give up on yourself... try something different!
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:51 PM   #11  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Why are you being so hard on yourself? It sounds like you've had a lot going on this past year, in addition to the normal work of changing habits and thinking patterns that we have to do to lose weight. It's okay to mess up and struggle - people write about their struggles on this board all the time. The thing is figuring out how to get past it.

If you need to go back and review every single piece of literature on the PointsPlus plan to get back on track, do it. If WW just isn't working for you, try something else. If the constipation doesn't clear up on its own, see a doctor (seriously). If it truly helps you to let a little voice in your head tell you that you're a failure because you're not meeting an arbitrary goal you've set for yourself and that you need to be pushed to do anything about it, let that voice stay there. Personally, I've found kicking that voice out and replacing it with a friendly voice that offers positive encouragement and gentle suggestions for improvement to be more helpful in getting back on track and staying there.

Hang in there.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #12  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

WW is a good program. I am a lifetime member. Lost, gained, and now losing again. Our sub leader, took 5 times to get it right. She's a peach and I love her! But, it's a small community and she leads my sisters group, so she knows all of us!

Hang in there. While I love WW, it may not be for you. But don't give up!

You've had a lot of stress recently, makes it tough. I know, in 03 my DH got hurt at work, took 15 months to get back to work, then over the next 2 years both kids graduated from college and got married, then DH gets heart issues, another 15 months out and well, he's a bit better, and we get 2 new granddaughters. Stress, stress, stress. I have to make myself slow down and remind myself that I am worth it.

Whatever you do, don't give up!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #13  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I can so sympathize with you...I've been on WW since Aug 09, lost 30 lbs, put all but 13 of it back on. Two weeks ago, I was where you are now: ready to quit. Actually, I was ready to sign up for weight loss surgery. I decided to give it 6 months of real effort before making that decision.

I think the key is to make small changes to get back on track (I am making the assumption that you are off track?). And be forgiving of mistakes. Hugs.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #14  

WOW, i haven't been here for a while...thank you so much for the encouraging and inspiring responses. I will say i've been back on track, tracking my foods and keeping in line with my points. Things have been tough but i do agree, what happens if in a year from now i wish i didn't quit. I could be down 20 lbs. rather than up 20 lbs. which is what will happen if i give up. I'm being more sensible, that i don't care attitude has left. I'm finding that friendly voice again that says you can do it!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #15  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

WTG! Good for you for hanging on and working through it!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote