Old 06-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/237/140

Height: 5'7

Default Back at it again...

Has anyone else started and quit several times before the weight loss finally happened?

Hey Everyone... My name is Stephanie and I have been a member of this site since last year. Once I found this site I lost 20 lbs and was very happy to keep going. However I got off track somewhere and then I quick smoking and the weight came back plus some. I think I gained 50 lbs when I quit. It was depressing. So I am back full force and decided to start becoming more active on this site and in my life.

I am counting calories, exercising, and all around trying to be more active. I "officially" weigh in on Sundays and this past one was my first. I do keep track of my weight daily, but I only record it on Sundays. I am trying to see what my trends are and how my body reacts to different things.

Any tips and motivation would be greatly appreciated. I find this site very inspirational, I love all the before/after and progress pictures, it makes me realize that I am not alone, and that it can be done.
smccaleb06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #2  
saggzz

S/C/G: 222/205.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Stephaine! I have started and quit several times too. Hopefully it will work for both of us this time.
Good luck on your journey.
saggzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Hey Stephanie! I believe everyone has start and quick several times. It's an extremely hard thing losing weight...but welcome back and with the support and motivation of the great people on here youll be back down in no time Good Luck!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

Good luck!! Come join us in the Calorie Counting thread too :-) I totally get where youre coming from...i lost a ton of weight and gained it (and more) back. It can be really hard to mentally get over that. But youre here now! And once you see the scale start moving down, it will make you feel SO much better
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #5  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I have been at it since 2007 lol. The important thing is that we keep trying. I am so frustrated that I gained back 75% of the weight I lost, but I am not giving up.

I have found that a) journaling my food daily no matter what and b)being accountable for weigh ins and challenges on this forum were two of the main keys when I lost the weight.

When I got to a comfortable goal weight last year I got sloppy. I stopped writing down my food and checking the forums. I need the support I get here though. It really is an amazing group of women.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/*ticker*/123

Height: 5'2"

Hey Stephanie! I am experiencing that too and even on a shorter scale. I was off track for several months, came back just as heavy and then just in the last few weeks I feel off track and gained a few pounds and had to restart and even re-restarted earlier this week. I am calling it "re-dedication" as I'm not restarting which makes me feel like I will never complete it, but just re-dedicating myself to a healthy life and I think every morning I wake up I have to re-dedicate myself. Doing this actually helps keep me positive and helps keep my day started with the right choices which usually lead to good choices throughout the day.

You are welcome to PM anytime!
AshleighAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

I'm just coming back from a year of not trying. I was down 30lbs but I quit smoking and gained it all back.

However, It's been 1 year I have been smoke free. If I can relate one addiction with another; it took me a quite a few good tries before I was able to officially quit smoking. I imagine finding and sticking with a new lifestyle will be quite similar.

Good luck!
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #8  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Oh god yes! My highest weight was 5 years ago and I've had 3 bouts of being serious about losing weight (and 2 subsequent bouts of gaining). I would say 99% of us have been there. Sounds like you're on the right track and a HUGE congrats on quitting smoking! Stay positive, stay on it. You'll do it .
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #9  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Ahhh, this thread makes me feel like I'm receiving a huge group hug! I've started, felt that rush of determination, then somewhere down the line just stopped trying as hard. I'm the heaviest I've ever been, so I need to lose all the weight now or I'll just get bigger.

As much as I wish we were all machines and could do it the first time, it's nice knowing I'm not the only one who finds it hard to keep motivated =) Good luck Stephanie!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/215/130

Height: 5'7''

You are definitely not alone. I have always been big and to me and sticking to my exercise and "lifestyle change" (I hate the word diet. It freaks me out and I tend to binge. lol) is always hard because somehow or another, I lose the motivation I started with.

So this time I've set small goals for myself, not letting the big picture overwhelm me, and I am trying to take things one step at a time. A journal does really help me and I record everything I eat, drink and what exercise I've done for the day. So when you have a "bad day", you can look back and see all the accomplishments you've made.

I also changed the wallpaper on my computer to something inspiring and also on my desktop, that I see everyday, is reasons why I want to lose weight.

For me, it takes lots of little things to keep myself motivated towards the big picture.

I wish you luck!
exjordanaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/237/140

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the motivation. It is nice to know we are not at this alone. Good Luck to ya'll!!!
smccaleb06 is offline   Reply With Quote