South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 06:34 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBD Daily Thread for Friday, June 24

I feel like a couple of us might be starting this first post of this thread simultaneously! Anyway, TGIF....right? I won't be sorry to see this week go.

I've decided to reorganize and declutter my kitchen after a sort of infestation of fruit flies. I really hate those things. They "came" because I left ONE zuccini out on the counter for a day. Of course, they multiplied rapidly and all of a sudden I had about 20 flying around the house. I made some traps with an empty wine bottle and that seemed to get the bulk of them, but I realized that even though I'm not a clutter bug, there was lots of stuff on my counter that I really don't need to have out or even have at all! So this weekend I'll be purchasing some supplies at Ikea probably, inexpensive stuff but so what.

Today I'm going to try to finish up a couple of cleaning projects at work. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:34 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Friday, June 24

Good morning, Beach Babes!

We had a huge storm last night - Disney was scared to death - and the world is sort of flat and wet this morning. I was in town yesterday and rescued lots of plants - mainly pot-bound veggie starts. I hope to be able to bung them in later today. If I don't come back, you'll know I've been sucked into the earth by Leeds County clay. It's rather late to start anything from seed but I may throw in some bean seeds. The raised bed is lush with greens and tomato plants but the rest of the plot looks pretty naked. (Why does a 72 year old woman need a 60' x 90' veggie plot anyhow? I should have bought sod instead of veggies!)

I woke at 3 last night but got back to sleep until 6. I did the potty run and then put some lavender oil in front of the fan and Bingo! Now to work on sleeping right through although that may require a bladder transplant.

This morning I'm off to finish delivering entry tags for the school artwork entries and then need to deliver cheques. Darned postal strike! There will be a huge wad of mail when it's finally over and delivery starts again! My own stuff is handled online but the Mill is still in 1811!

TGIF but come and chat a bit before you leap into it!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:40 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Hi, Matilda. We simul-posted as you suspected but I merged us. I bet you didn't feel a thing.

Fruit flies! I hate them too but so far none have shown up despite the strawberry festival that's happening in my kitchen. I really like clear countertops too - my kitchen table is the place that gets messy. When you live by yourself, it's easy to just dump things. I find a basket for mail and other things going out really helps.

Mmmmm - my coffee is really good this morning. I made sf strawberry jam last night and am going to have some of that with my ww English muffin very shortly.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!!

MMCK - ugh, I hate those little things! I think I remember putting sticky tape up next to a banana to catch a bunch. The wine bottle is a great idea!! Good excuse to empty one!

Ruth - your garden plot is 60x90?!?!? GOOD GRIEF!!! Re: disney - there's a chat on another forum over the thunderwrap (or whatever that thing is called!) vs. drugs. I use drugs a lot .... great use for valium!!

Looks like it is a beautiful day so far!! I'm lucky enough to meet a friend this morning, then maybe out for a long trail run. Living in central PA is beautiful, but it's hard finding a flatter place to run!! I'm sure the pup will be delighted to join me....she cut her leg last week with me, promptly tore the stitches out, but I think it's about healed. Then I have the 2-7 shift for work. Bleh, we won't talk about that!

Have a fabulous day!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:49 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a short work day here, just a few hours. Then the usual chores are on tap. I hope to pick strawberries this weekend too, just need a sunny day.

I'm having some keyboard issues so just a short post this morning. Hope to be back later today!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I was going to start today's thread, but I could see that Ruth and Matilda were racing to the finish.

TGIF! Although I can't complain, it's been a pretty good week. I took the girls up to the state park and we enjoyed our picnic on the bank of the lake, and the girls had fun digging for fossils and watching the geese and ducks. We followed a hiking trail for a while, but I was keeping an eye on the sky and we made it back to the car just before a torrential downpour. We stopped for ice cream on the ride home, (NONE for me! ), and when Maggie couldn't finish hers and offered it to me, I told her to just throw it away. Score one for me! I would NEVER have done that before.

I have to work until noon today. It's pouring right now, we may spend our morning baking banana bread for them to take with them to the riding event tomorrow.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

My dilemma today: ride bikes or not. We've gone the past two days, first time in over a month. So... certain delicate areas are sore when I sit! And I dread sitting on the bike seat. But, DH will probably want to go. So I'm trying to decide if not going is copping out Sigh.

We are taking the teen to the oral surgeon for a consult on wisdom teeth extraction. The dentist was non-committal about doing it now but it sure would be best this summer if it has to be done. I hope the surgeon doesn't just say to do it because that's what he does.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning. Ruth, I still can't believe you make jam! But, I will say,Matilda, that organizing sounds like fun (but I may be weird here). I do love to do it!

Work day for me today...2 houses to clean so I'll be there a while. I'm hoping to be home by 1. I also have to go to the dump today . Then my son has baseball practice (unless we are rained out) so I will feel like I'm running around. Camping on Monday-Friday next week and spending this weekend prepping all of my foods so I can stay on point. I tried to update my sig yesterday but it wouldn't let me. I went down another pound (haven't weight yet this morning yet) so I am officially the lowest I've been since the first time I successfully lost weight in 2005. 215!!! So, feeling real good about that. Looking forward to adding back in working out in a couple weeks. Not really supposed to do much besides walking (not briskly) for the first 2 weeks on this detoxing. Ah well...I can rebound though.....Off for my 2nd cup of coffee......
Old 06-24-2011, 07:37 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Just updated your siggy for you.
Here's how to do it:
Go to User CP - top left
Choose edit signature
Scroll down to the code
Change the last number to the new weight and remember to save.
url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [/url
Old 06-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Thanks Ruth. I did do that...several time...and it kept coming up error. I thought maybe it was a glitch or something. Anyway...thanks for changing it. I may have to change it again in a few minutes.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:43 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, I have a couple of minutes before my 8 a.m. call so decided to drop in.

What a beautiful morning it is here in the St. Louis area, clear blue skies and temperatures in the low 70s. I wish it would stay like this every day but I guess we wouldn't appreciate them as much

I did get my exercise in while DD2 was at swim practice, they put in a walking trail around our park so I did that for 50 minutes. Went to bed early as I was so tired.

Have a great day everyone
Old 06-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I have a few minutes, too, before heading out to VBS. I slept in, but also went out and weeded the spaghetti squash. It really needed it and I know I never get to it later in the day when it's so hot.

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread