Does it Work? - Sassy Water? For Sassy Ladies?

View Full Version : Sassy Water? For Sassy Ladies?

GuardDawg
06-24-2011, 05:42 AM
so if none of you know what stumble is, it is a website that randomly sends you to sites based upon a list of likes and interest. well mine sent me to a page about a recipe called Sassy Water. it is supposed to kick start your metabolism and help flatten your belly if yo take it everyday for 4 days or some such claim like that. any idea if these claims have any stock? has anyone else ever heard of this?

The Sassy Water Recipe

2 liters water (about 8 cups)
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
12 small spearmint leaves.

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and let flavors blend overnight.
Drink the entire pitcher by the end of each day.

fatferretfanatic
06-24-2011, 07:27 AM
I can't speak to it's weight loss or tummy flattening effects, but it sounds kind of yummy for just drinking. Those are such refreshing flavors

98DaysOfSummer
06-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Sassy Water is from the book The Flat Belly Diet. Most of the ingredients are either anti-gas or diuretics. I am not a huge fan of plain water so I tried it - I am not a fan of this either. It's weird. I wanted to like it but it's just not for me.

Suzanne 3FC
06-24-2011, 12:31 PM
I remember when this book came out. I think the tips are misleading. For example, I guess if you have a distended belly due to gas, then this drink will help relieve the gas - and cause you to drop a couple of pounds of water weight from the diuretic effect of the ingredients. Your belly may go down temporarily. Water + Gas does not equal fat. :shrug:

If you normally drink beverages with calories, such as soda (which is prohibited on this plan), and drink this mixture instead then you'll probably lose fat as well. But it's not the sassy drink causing the fat loss, it's the reduction of calories from the foods you eliminated.

mayness
06-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Exactly what Suzanne said.

I think it sounds tasty, though... I don't think I've ever had ginger and mint together, but I think I'll give this a try. I'll let you know what I think. :D