30-Somethings - TOM Help and Weight Loss!!!

View Full Version : TOM Help and Weight Loss!!!

tired of fat 2011
06-24-2011, 04:07 AM
Okay, I will try and not make this too long! By the way, it may be a bit graphic (sorry in advance). Here goes:

I recently started a new dieting plan but before beginning, I wanted to "detox" and get rid of some of my cravings (see introduction section). I fasted for 2 days, then I have been doing an intermittent fast. I am at 276.6 (Yeeeeea!) as of this morning. Well....I started my period last Monday...wait, let me back up!

My periods have never been reliable or a constant. I have gone 2-3 months without one and I always assumed it was because of weight. Well, it's been a while since I had one but it's seems to be back with a vengence:devil:. I'm still on and not sure if this has do do with not having a regular one or just the fact that I have lost weight?? I'm on day 12....I am actually not really tired or anything either. Also, I have not had cramps or anything, like I normally have. I am normally doubled over in pain from TOM but not this time. It just won't stop and it's super heavy!

Any one else experience this? :o

***Note: I posted this on another forum to make sure I can get help from all of you***

Esofia
06-24-2011, 04:38 AM
I think the moderators will delete multiple posts so that there's only one remaining.

Have you seen this thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/234475-so-how-have-your-hormones-reacted-dieting.html)? Short answer: yes, it seems that it's normal for periods to go haywire while you're dieting, at least up to a point. Mine are getting on my nerves as well.

I'm not sure at what point you should mention bleeding for this long to your doctor. Possibly now, but other people will know. Have you been checked out for hormonal disorders which can cause this sort of disruption, such as PCOS? Because I'm not sure that this level of hormones going haywire is entirely attributable to your diet, and getting periods 2-3 months apart isn't normal either.

tired of fat 2011
06-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the link, I did not see that. No, I have not been to the doctor in some time. Thanks for your help.