Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/185/165

Height: 5'6"

Default First step

I have lots of difficulty with motivation to exercise, be it swimming, going to the gym, jogging outside, going for a walk etc. Once I am at the gym, in the midst of exercising, and after I feel fabulous, but I am having problems with that first step. Working out first thing in the morning just won't work; I am not a morning person-never have been never will be; waking up at 7:30 is bad enough. But by the end of my work day I feel drained for about an hour. The decision of making the left turn towards the gym or going straight home seems to always end up being going home and once I am home I don't want to do anything. Does anyone else have a similar dilemma? What do you do to take that first step?
GoLydGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

do you have a bag packed for the gym in your car?? Maybe you might also want to eat or drink something energy boosting on your way to the gym?? Some sort of incentive would be good.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Jillian Michaels DVD since you're home anyway they are no stress.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #4  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I could have written your post. Mornings are a no-go for exercise. And I feel great once I get started - it is the getting started that is sometimes hard. I make a plan (ie. Run on Tuesday, Core work on Wed., Spin class on thursday, etc.) and then I just try not to think about it. The less I think about it - the better. Sometimes, I just go put on my workout clothes even if I am not planning to work out until later. (Like - could you put on your work out clothes at work b/f you leave? Then once in the car, you would be all set to work out and less likely to head home).

I hit the gym during my lunch break - since it is already built in to my work schedule, I just look at it as part of the day that just happens. I have to get up, I have to shower, I have to go to work, I have to work out, etc.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote