Carb Counters - Low-Carb Bread

View Full Version : Low-Carb Bread

FlipFlop Love
06-21-2011, 02:26 PM
I have somehow managed to catch a cold in the summer. :( Anytime I'm sick, all I want is grilled cheese and soup (usually just chicken broth). Does anyone have recommendations on a low-carb, healthy bread?

geoblewis
06-22-2011, 12:13 AM
I like the Smart Carbs bread from the Julian Bakery (http://julianbakery.com/). I get it from a local health food store, but you can also get it from their website. I like how it tastes and it reminds me of home made whole wheat bread. I like to put a slice of cheese on it and broil it in my toaster oven to make a grilled cheese toast.

FlipFlop Love
06-22-2011, 03:32 PM
I was just looking at that website and debating if it was worth it. I'll call our local places to see if they have it available. :)

one small bowl
06-27-2011, 03:38 AM
Meet my Mr Sneeks. He's the embodiment of my binge monster. He is the one that talks me into eating foods I know will lead me down a path that will cause me to struggle. Mr Sneeks gets stronger when I get sick, tired or stressed. He knows how to make me think that low carb bread (or other product) is a good option when I am sick and wanting comfort, he wouldn't dare mention it when I am healthy and strong and determined to make my goal. He will try to convince me that one slice (maybe even two, since it is labeled as low carb) won't hurt a bit, but he soon lives up to his name. Mr Sneeks will eventually convince me how one more slice will hardly matter.....then another.....and another.....

Crazy, I know, but once I named my binge monster (the voice in my head that encourages me to eat) I started learning his cues, excuses and lies. I am not saying there is anything wrong with incorporating low carb bread into your plan, but is it really the best time to mess with a food that may be difficult to limit?

When I am sick, a good hot meat broth with a dash of heavy cream really, I mean REALLY satisfies me.

mallcoremotion
07-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Sara Lee makes a line of breads called "delightful/deliteful" something like that. It tastes really good and is, I think 9 carbs per two slices. My dr recommended it to me when I told her I get grilled cheese cravings something fierce.