Old 06-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #1  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: SCG: 224/218/130

Height: 5'1

Default Low-Carb Bread

I have somehow managed to catch a cold in the summer. Anytime I'm sick, all I want is grilled cheese and soup (usually just chicken broth). Does anyone have recommendations on a low-carb, healthy bread?
FlipFlop Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #2  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I like the Smart Carbs bread from the Julian Bakery. I get it from a local health food store, but you can also get it from their website. I like how it tastes and it reminds me of home made whole wheat bread. I like to put a slice of cheese on it and broil it in my toaster oven to make a grilled cheese toast.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #3  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: SCG: 224/218/130

Height: 5'1

I was just looking at that website and debating if it was worth it. I'll call our local places to see if they have it available.
FlipFlop Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:38 AM   #4  
On week 124

S/C/G: 317/242/157

Height: 5'6"

Meet my Mr Sneeks. He's the embodiment of my binge monster. He is the one that talks me into eating foods I know will lead me down a path that will cause me to struggle. Mr Sneeks gets stronger when I get sick, tired or stressed. He knows how to make me think that low carb bread (or other product) is a good option when I am sick and wanting comfort, he wouldn't dare mention it when I am healthy and strong and determined to make my goal. He will try to convince me that one slice (maybe even two, since it is labeled as low carb) won't hurt a bit, but he soon lives up to his name. Mr Sneeks will eventually convince me how one more slice will hardly matter.....then another.....and another.....

Crazy, I know, but once I named my binge monster (the voice in my head that encourages me to eat) I started learning his cues, excuses and lies. I am not saying there is anything wrong with incorporating low carb bread into your plan, but is it really the best time to mess with a food that may be difficult to limit?

When I am sick, a good hot meat broth with a dash of heavy cream really, I mean REALLY satisfies me.
one small bowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:40 PM   #5  

Sara Lee makes a line of breads called "delightful/deliteful" something like that. It tastes really good and is, I think 9 carbs per two slices. My dr recommended it to me when I told her I get grilled cheese cravings something fierce.
mallcoremotion is offline   Reply With Quote