Old 06-21-2011, 05:35 AM   #1  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

Default what should I do?

I still have my 24% of body fat, but my lower abs and thighs are still noticeable (lower abs is at 35 inches ).
It's been 3 years since I joined and I haven't been able to get rid of them.

I know that i should exercise more - i'm thinking of running/jogging daily now since i've been inactive for 6 months (since the marriage). But my DH just doesn't let me, because we're trying to have our first baby, and i'm right now not sure if i'm pregnant or not - therefore he forbids me to do any kind of exercise - until i have my TOM back. Then I'm allow to exercise for ~10 days, then that circle repeats itself. And yes, it's been 6 months of inactive because of that only reason. And because of that reason, I'm gaining weights as well (since he doesn't want me to go on diet).

Is running/jogging really that bad for the first 3 months of pregnancy? If so, what kind of exercise should I do to get rid of those fat that is still good if i'm pregnant?

It's been frustrating.
Thanks for reading.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

Being active during a pregnancy is both healthy for you and your baby. I was still running/jogging up until i hit 8 months with my pregnancy. I would go walking, or I would do low intensity aerobics.

And you don't have to go on a "diet" Weight loss is not based on diets, or any new fads out there, it's about healthy eating and living an active lifestyle. Making changes to live better!

Good luck with conceiving!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 130/126.8/120

Height: 5'2"

I think walking for 30 minutes a day either outside or on a treadmill would be very beneficial. It's low intensity, but you still get a good workout out of it.
ImOnAMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #4  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

ummm... youre husband needs to read up on pregnacy and exercise... unless you have a history of high risk pregnancies, there is NO REASON fo ryou not to exercise when you are pregnant,or especially TRYING to get pregnant... as posted above.... people exercise all the way through till they deliver the baby.. it makes you AND the baby healthier, allows for less "excess" weight gain, etc etc..... of course, i am not a doctor. You need to find literature for your husband to read, or have him talk to your doctor......
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #5  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

As far as I can see you're a grown woman therefore no one can forbide you do to anything. That being said, why not take a pregnancy test in order to find out instead of waiting for your period to come.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #6  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Please, please PLEASE keep working out even if you are pregnant! You really want to keep at it now before you're pregnant so that you can keep it up during pregnancy. One of my biggest regrets during my first pregnancy was not exercising enough and I gained 65lbs!! I'm still 13lbs away from my prepregnancy weight 25 years later...

Water aerobics/running/walking even lifting can be done throughout pregnancy. We're planning TTC in the semi-near future and I'm lifting a lot now and running and hope to keep it up during pregnancy.

Like others said unless you're high-risk this really isn't something you need to be doing. Actually, with your measurements I'd be working on full-body strength training to lose the bit of budge around your low abs. It sounds like your weight itself isn't so much the issue but rather just work on changing your body composition.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

I do believe there is a pregnancy section here you should check it out. i exercised till two weeks before I had my kids, and the gym I attended one of the arobics instructors taught her classes till like the week before and that was in the 80's the days of jumping up and down during arobics.

My daughter is currently pregnant and exercises and although she is heavier she has only gained 6 pounds at 8 and a half months because her doctor told her to try and keep weight gain to a minimum because she is already overweight. She is lukcy as she loves vegtables and eats tons of them daily. Her first two kids are healthy as well.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote