Old 06-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up Just Started Attack Phase - Dukan Diet

Greetings all!

After numerous attempts at losing weight (and failing miserably), I decided to try the Dukan Diet.

As I happen to be an true lover of all foods, I fall into the classic carb lovers vicious cycle which has resulted in a substantial weight gain.

And just to make life even more interesting, I am also a 20+ year SLE/Rheumatoid Arthritis patient and have been on prednisone for years (along with a host of others meds) to keep things in check.

As you can see, there are quite a few factors in play here, but I will not let this stop me from achieving my goal weight of 135lbs.

So here starts my Dukan diet adventure.....

June 17, 2011 - start weight: 233.86 lbs

Had the dreaded weigh in in the am and the number was not pretty - 233.86 lbs. I knew I was overweight, but a vision of the combination a 50 year female struggling under the burden of that much extra weight and joints in random flux periods of pain and inflammation finally hit the point home.

After considerable research, my Dukan adventure began :-)

I read of other experiences where some people experienced massive carb cravings, and I won't lie, I did too. As some of my best food friends are in the carb family, this has been a HUGE adjustment. Did I fall off the wagon? Nope. I finished the day and by late afternoon, the carb cravings had diminished (along with my appetite I'll happy add).

June 18, 2011 - down to 232.98 lbs

Weigh in time again. Somewhat skeptically I stepped on the scale and was immensely surprised to see my weight drop down to 232.98! Woo hoo! There's the fuel that will keep me going! While going through the second day, I'm finding myself thinking about ways to make the experience more stimulating - I mean, I love meat, but there has to be some variety, right? Since I love to cook (another reason why I'm at this state hahaha), I think have to start developing Dukan friendly recipes.

In the meantime, anytime a nasty craving hits, I quash it with lowfat vanilla yoghurt.

June 19, 2011 - down to 231.88 lbs

So here I am again, and honestly I'm thinking, there can't be any change; but there it is! 231.88 lbs! Aside from the random odd sugar/salt craving, my appetite is diminished and whenever I start to think about cheating, my mind quickly takes a step back and I remind myself why I am doing this.

Yes, there has been some weight loss and I can start to feel my thinking patterns change (for the better), but I will post my update on a weekly basis and it is hoped that this is finally the magic bullet for me.

Linda
ld7873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/174/147

Height: 5ft2

Hi Linda

Welcome to Dukans!!!!!! I am like you .... always have a craving for carbs and yet never satisfied ... I am finding Dukans geat, being off carbs really suits me.

I am filling up on vanilla yoghurts too I have been on it for 7 days and lost 6lbs which I was delighted with but more importantly my carbs/sugar cravings have diminished. I did have a night away on Saturday and cheated by having a few drinks but I didn't beat myself up over it and started over on Sunday.

I hope you come up with some good recipes to share with us!!!!!

A couple of times this week when I was feeling like I needed something other than meat/eggs I had some extra oat bran in the form of the oat bran pancake and it got me over.

Good luck Linda ....

Allison
Allimac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 216/189/145

Good luck with the dukan diet! I have just finished my weekly shop and stocked up for the attack phase which i am starting tomorrow for 7 days! I am really looking forward to it.x
roxiebelle0203 is offline   Reply With Quote