Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #1  
back for the 1st time

S/C/G: 263//263//150

Height: 5'6

Default New.....AGAIN :(

So, the last time I was here was in April of 2008, when I was roughly 190 lbs, now I am 251 and it has gotten way, way outta control! I dont know what the **** to do and I feel miserable!!! I am starting fresh and new tomorrow and will use this site for inspiration! Good night and good luck
femme fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:04 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome Back!

Formulate a plan, start implementing changes, reward yourself for the goals you accomplish. And no matter what happens... know that you can lose weight, and know that you can stick with it.

You can do it =)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/149/130

Height: 5"7 , BodyFat%: 24.8 Goal%: 15

Mhmm! I think alot of people have this experience when they lose the weight, and move away from the support group and it all comes apart! I've learnt my lesson! I think they key is to always be in a support group. That's what weighwatches have lifetime members that have reached goal - and if you gain you have to pay money! or something...
But I think weightloss, even if its finished is a lifetime task.
Good luck this time.
CeciliaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:15 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeciliaM View Post
That's what weighwatches have lifetime members that have reached goal - and if you gain you have to pay money! or something...
Sort of!

Members who've reached Lifetime status (that's maintaining their goal weight for a number of weeks) no longer have to pay to attend meetings as long as they weigh in once a month and are within two pounds (up or down) of their goal weight.

If they gain, they do have to pay again to attend meetings, however at a reduced price.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:19 AM   #5  
back for the 1st time

Well, thank goodness that this site is free! I am turning 33 on September 30th and my goal is to stay op until then. Should start with a smaller goal?
Old 06-20-2011, 01:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
Well, thank goodness that this site is free! I am turning 33 on September 30th and my goal is to stay op until then. Should start with a smaller goal?
I'm not sure I'd say that what you've set for yourself is a bad goal, but it largely depends on 1) what your plan actually is and if it's realistic to stick to it; 2) can you stick to it even if the scale stops moving for a while (we all get plateaus, no matter how op we are); and 3) can you get back and keep going if you do go off plan at some point before the 30th?

I'm not asking these questions to be negative, but to be realistic. I think the most important part of being op, for me, is recognizing (and it took me a long time to recognize this) that if I do slip up it's okay and I will just get back on the wagon right away, no tomorrows or Mondays about it.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:29 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
I think that's a great idea, as long as you're also realistic about what your plan is, and what staying on plan means to you.

I like that it's not weight oriented, but rather just focused on the plan! That's certainly a healthy idea.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, even if you do happen to have a little slip or mistake, that you not think of yourself as some sort of failure, and instead continue to get up and get on plan each day through your birthday and beyond!
Old 06-20-2011, 01:35 AM   #8  
back for the 1st time

Everyone is so supportive and wonderful here, I am excited to be back!! Question, is there a thread with a grocery list type of deal on it?
Old 06-20-2011, 01:53 AM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

Like what foods to buy?

That's probably going to depend on the specific plan, but you might be able to find a general list of healthy things down in this area.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #10  
back for the 1st time

Yes, I was talking about that.

Here's the deal...I just can not seem to get it together, no matter how hard I try. I go thru ups and downs and it seems like nothing makes me feel better than something fatty and delicious. I probably need counseling or something.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #11  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Yes, I was talking about that.

Here's the deal...I just can not seem to get it together, no matter how hard I try. I go thru ups and downs and it seems like nothing makes me feel better than something fatty and delicious. I probably need counseling or something.
Maybe look into joining OA?
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I agree that Overeaters Anonymous can help you tremendously. The meetings are free (although some chapters pass a hat for a few dollar donation each meeting). They have great reading materials and deal with people who are addicted to food - using it to stuff down emotional pain the same way an alcoholic uses alcohol or a drug addict uses drugs or a gambler uses gambling, etc. You can find a sponsor who will be there for you on a daily basis as a resource. Google overeaters anonymous and find listings for local meetings or join online or telephone meetings. I am not an active participant in OA, but I did attend a few meetings and read some of their literature. I took away lots of good stuff from them that helped me to understand my emotional eating habits.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #13  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm in the same boat! Lost, and gained a whole bunch back! This site is incredibly motivational! I stuck to my plan the best when I was visiting here almost daily. Good luck with everything!!!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote