Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 6/20 - 6/26

Diana3271
06-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

berryblondeboys
06-19-2011, 10:55 PM
my goal/hope for last week was to be in the 100s. Oh well - I'm heavier this week than last. I also said I would be on point with food and exercise. With food, yes I was. With exercise - I think this was my lightest week in 6 months - this end of the school year craziness really hit, but I do plan to get right back at it this week. Starting with tomorrow at 9:30 am a Zumba class.

I'm not going to hope for onederland this week as by now, I'm too far from it for it to be realistic.

Not down about it, just realizing sometimes things don't work out as you like them!

Diana3271
06-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Berry You may get there sooner than you are thinking. You probably have a lot of water weight on you. Once you start dropping that, Onederland will be yours!

abbysue715
06-19-2011, 11:17 PM
I am going to jump in here!

My name is Abby, I just turned 22, I am married and have a 14 week old son. I started my weight loss journey again as soon as we left the hospital with landon. Weighing 333, I was at 276.5 on june 15. I only weigh in once every 2 weeks. I am currently breastfeeding so im not on a specific plan.

-I drink a lot of water and I try not to eat anything that doesnt have some sort of nutrition in it. No white bread, pastas, junk food. I try to snack on fruits and veggies in between meals. I have been lurking on the calorie count thread lately and I am getting tempted to start trying to track all my calories. My only issue is at the weight that I am and with breastfeeding every site I have looked at says I should be at at least 2000 calories...eek! I know I dont ever eat that much. I also have pcos, so maybe that has something to do with it but if I ate 2000 calories a day even with bf I would definately be either maintaining or gaining. Anywho I thought this would be a great place to start being accountable. Sorry this is so long.

breakfast: 1 cup of fresh spinach wilted in 1 tsp light olive oil mixed together with one egg and salsa on the top.And 2 tangelos
lunch: ( we went over to my parents for fathers day lunch so I ate more than I would have at home but still did better than I would have even a month ago) cut up carne asada, half a bag of lettuce, guacamole, and salsa. I didnt use sour cream, cheese, or wrap it all up in a tortilla! A sliver of coconut cream pie.
dinner: all beef hot dog with no bun, hamburger with pepperjack cheese, pickles, mustard and ketchup wrapped in lettuce.
dessert: 1 slice leftover homemade german chocolate birthday cake. ( threw the rest of the cake out afterwards )

Again, sorry it was so long just wanted to give a bit of a back story!

Diana3271
06-19-2011, 11:19 PM
abbysue715 Hi and Welcome! :wave: It's great to have you join us.

iamerican
06-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Welcome abbysue!
My weekend was good. But my eating was horrid. AWW! What a bad weekend. I hate this constant battle. Why can't it be easier? (in a crabby mood [clearly] about it). At least I worked out and drank ALOT of water. I am not going to keep up bad habits. I will change them. I will be better and back on tomorrow. Still, I am so disappointed.

I hope everyone else had a great and successful weekend!

still
06-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Hey guys, sorry to disappear for a few days. Last week I had a great on plan week, until the weekend hit. DH and I had a date night (first in forever!) and though my meal was on target, I did get dessert and a glass of wine, which put me over. Saturday I was doing well until my friend brought over peanut butter balls. Those peanut butter balls have proven to be my downfall! Luckily they are gone, so now back on track for me. Weigh in this morning at 168.

I've also not been getting the exercise I need, so my goal this week is 4 days at the gym. Wish me luck!

Back later for personals!

Diana3271
06-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

The temps are supposed to be crazy here this week. Yesterday was 100*. Today is supposed to be 101* with a heat index of 115*. That is in the shade! The weather people say to add 10*-15* if you are going to be in the sun. That's awful!

Weigh In: 145.8
Down: 1 pound

RachaelJ
06-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Hey Everyone.

I'm holding at 153,so no weightloss last week. I attribute this to me eating cupcakes, icecream, chips and dip over the weekend and not really drinking my Saturday and Sunday.

We went to the park Saturday and I did about an hour of walking which was nice. No weight gain considering all my indulgences. This weekend is the wedding I was preparing for. In total since the start I've lost 10 pounds since May9. I wouldn've thought more but with the travel for a week and not excercising for 2 I can see where I could've lost but didn't. I'm okay with my journey because I'm eating better which is the main thing.

Goodluck to everyone this week!

berryblondeboys
06-20-2011, 09:07 AM
And just when I thought it couldn't get worse, I added another .6 pounds.

My slip on sandals/slipper shoes which are loose are causing indents. I am holding so much water and ovulation isn't even here yet, so it 'could' get worse!

darius
06-20-2011, 09:25 AM
And just when I thought it couldn't get worse, I added another .6 pounds.

Look down and make sure you aren't holding your french horn :)
(seriously nice pic)

zoodoo613
06-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Mornin'!

I held on to onderland for 4 days, but this morning's weigh-in was 200.6. Two factors in this: I don't know what happened to me yesterday, but I didn't track calories. I don't know why, but I didn't. I didn't have any big meals, but I did do a good bit of grazing. There was movie popcorn. The fact is, I'll never know how bad it was because I didn't track. Back at it today.

The other factor is TOM is due to hit later on this week and I think there's some retaining going on.

I went shopping with my mom on Saturday and it was a mixed bag. I had a mental shopping list of things I needed for work, and I mostly struck out on that front. I couldn't even find t-shirts I was happy with, and I'm sure many of you can relate to how discouraging it is to spend a day trying on clothes that just don't work. I did find one pair of capri's that aren't perfect but will work, and were $9 at a Talbot outlet store. Should be able to make them work through the summer.

I did have success in the non-work clothing realm. The Talbot store was right near, a Fleet Feet, a running shoe store where they actually know about shoes and have a process to fit you into the right type of shoe. I got some new running shoes. I have very problematic feet, so this is more of a victory than you might think. I haven't really tried them yet, as I want to use them on the treadmill in case they don't end up feeling right under actual use. Plans for that later today.

My other exciting find were these trekking pants (http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/68080?feat=sr) from L.L. Bean. We hike and what to wear while hiking is always a problem for me, especially in summer. These seem perfect. Really, I'm absurdly excited about them. I did debate a bit with myself because I don't want to be this size for long. But these do have a draw-string, so I'm hopeful I can make them work for a while.

This brings me to an NSV. I shopped at L.L. Bean! They don't carry plus sizes in their retail stores. Their misses sizing goes up to 20, so it's a bit of cheat, but I'll take it. Most of the size 20 pants I tried on there fit me, although they didn't always suit me, and I didn't get any besides the hiking pants. I didn't have as much luck with their shirts, which only went up to XL and didn't fit my hips.

berryblondeboys
06-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Look down and make sure you aren't holding your french horn :)
(seriously nice pic)

LOL no French Horn, though by now that would make up for it. Geez!

That pic was from when I was 19 - so VERY long ago. I played through college and now play for fun. Might join up with a municipal band one of these days.

berryblondeboys
06-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Notice I'm here and not at a Zumba class - My mother in law informs me that she's taking the car in for an appt. and might need a ride home if it's going to be too long. I'm even in my workout clothes and shoes!!!! I guess it's walking around the lake again today. Though it's drizzly. This is not improving my mood any (but exercising probably will).

UGH!!! And my mother in law is back with the car and it's not fixed as they have a couple mechanics out and hers is not emergency and asked her to come back tomorrow. It IS a conspiracy to keep me away from Zumba!!!

OK, there is a Zumba class again tonight at 5:30 and 7:30 pm. I can do the 7:30 pm. I will not let people derail me!!! Maybe I'll go shopping for better shoes for Zumba in the meantime (I'm really worried about my knees in running shoes and all that traction - even for my aerobics at home - I need better shoes for aerobics - different sports - different needs).

mamakat
06-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Good Morning All,
I woke up thinking that I might have gained a little since I didn't work out yesterday (it was my one day off), but I was down yet again. Sunday I was 253 even and today I am 251.4! Awesome. I guess counting calories is the real key. I had thought I would only lose 1lbs with all the things against me, but biking like a maniac is working. I also thought my husband would have a hard time with this, but he really surprised me. He has been a "feeder" for as long as I've known him. It's his thing. And usually when I say I'm trying to eat better he says OK but doesn't really feed me better things. We are also restaurant goer (but have cut down do to expense). He asked if I wanted to go out for Father's Day and I said sure (thinking I could get oatmeal just about anywhere) but then he came back and said nah instead he could cook and that way we'd know how many calories I was getting. Ahhh, I love him. He took me out Saturday to a rock contest. I haven't been out in a very long time (at least 9 years). I don't drink and crowds can trigger my anxiety. It's been suggested I don't go to loud crowded places as it might trigger me into a manic episode. But I had a good time. When my husband went closer to watch the bands he left me on a bench against a wall (which is super important) a guy would come and chit chat with me. It was funny. As soon as DH was gone this guy would appear. This happened like three times. Also DH said he was glad I was taking this exercising and proper eating seriously and he hoped I would continue as it does help with Bipolar Disorder or so they say :)
Anyway, that was super long...sorry. I guess my goal is the same for this week. I will work out 6 days and eat properly. Today is last day of school so the kids and I should go check out a trail somewhere in New Haven. I hope you all have a good day.
abby welcome and congrats on baby. If you can't meet you 2000 calorie intake do your best and continue to eat properly you're doing great. As baby gets bigger you will want to eat on the fly somtimes, so try to plan ahead for meals and snacks. I've heard while breastfeeding you will drop weight, I didn't but it could have been I was very sedimentary. So keep moving :) Enjoy baby.

Larry H
06-20-2011, 11:21 AM
http://www.files32.com/images/roller_coaster_mania-12766-scr.jpeg

Roller coaster ride anyone?

!2 pounds up yesterday and 6 pounds down today

1228 calories yesterday and 2948 mg sodium still a bit high but coming down

Larry,

mamakat
06-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Hey Larry,
How are you? Did you see the doctor? Do you know why the water gain was so high? How does one gain 12lbs of water, do we even drink that in a day? :lol: I don't know anything about water gain/how it happens.

Vixsin
06-20-2011, 11:27 AM
17 189.6 +.2
18 191.2 +1.4
19 191.4 +.2
20 192.0 +.6

So sleep deprivation is my biggest enemy on the weekend. It carries all through my week and is really messing with my numbers. My focus this week is to get 8 hours of scheduled sleep every night which means that I must be IN BED and ready for sleep by 10pm. I will start tonight.

My eating has been on point. It's the sleeping. 5-6 hours a night is NOT working for me! My bod is letting me know that it does not like that. Please send me positive vibes so that I will LISTEN! :lol:

berryblondeboys
06-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Vixsin seems you and I got on the same "water weight gain train". Let's get off, OK? (And get more sleep!)

Classyldy
06-20-2011, 12:39 PM
I have been on the roller coaster ride my enitre life. 50 is approaching and I know I need to be a healthy me. I lose and I gain it back, I know weight control for most of us is a life time commitment. I didn't realize just how much weight I had gained back, well that isn't true. I know because of getting on the scale, but my body doesn't look the same. There are bumps that shouldn't be there. Getting older, my body is not handling the added weight. I need motivation, I thought having a new man in my life would help. We are foodies. He isn't over weight, but could lose 20 lbs. He doesn't say anything to me about my weight. I know he loves me for who and what I am. I have always been comfortable with myself and my weight, but this time around I am not. I have started my life change today for the last time, I always get to my half way point and then fall off the wagon. 8 years ago I lost 63 lbs and felt great, I looked fantastic. I still needed to lose more weight, but I didn't and have been on a steady uphill climb since then. I am 17 lbs under what I started at the last time. I am glad I didn't gain it all back plus some. Sorry this is so long, today is the first day of the rest of my life.

abbysue715
06-20-2011, 12:39 PM
mamakat, I dont even try to get to 2000 calories. I would not be able to lose at all if I ate that much everyday. I am getting a bodybugg off craigslist tonight for 40 dollars! So hopefully that will be a huge motivator as far as moving more throughout the day goes. I think I am going to start tracking all my calories. I already measure out my food so it wouldnt be too much harder.

Diana3271
06-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Classyldy Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: It's great to have you join us.

LindseyLou
06-20-2011, 01:53 PM
I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello ladies & Larry!!!:wave:

So sorry I've been MIA...things have been insanely busy here. We are all set on our first home, we close in about 3 weeks. EEEK!! :D I start a new job TOMORROW! School is kicking my butt big time! I miss you all soooooo much! It seems so weird to not get on and post and I need to seriously get back in the groove of doing so.

I need to confess that I have been eating poorly lately. Like I never thought I'd eat some of the sh*t I've been eating. :( Plain junk. Surprisingly I haven't gained much...I'm hovering around 142. I think when I was posting regularly I was fluctuating between 138-139. It's not good, but not awful. SO, my goal by July 1 is to be back to 138. I cannot believe I let myself do this...after all my hard work. I'm so disappointed in myself...I'm hoping that with me working 9 hours a day plus going to school full-time I will be able to cool it on the food. I won't have access to food all day long like I do now. I get busy with school work and eat. Busy with housework and eat. I just freakin' eat, eat, eat! :nono:

Anyways, I'm back. Please keep me in line!!! :lol:

I've set some goals for this week...1) Take a multi-vitamin everyday (been slacking on this) 2) Drink at least 64 oz. water per day 3) Get at least 30 minutes of some sort of exercise in each day 4) Stay on plan!!

Diana3271
06-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Lindsey Hi :wave: It's great to see you! Although life is hectic right now, I'm glad to hear that everything is going in the right direction for you. Hang in there. You will get the food thing figured out. You know where we are. Come and post when you get a chance.

Sum38
06-20-2011, 02:00 PM
My vacation officially started today!! I am excited.

My trip to NYC was a great motivation for me to move forward with my weightloss. -- I attended a dinner fund raiser for a foundation called Stonewall. It is a gay and lesbian org. -- Anycase when one hangs out with 400 beautiful gay me, who end up wining and dining you and taking you to exclusive clubs...that muffin top really starts buggin' ya :)

So I am really back with my journey.

I walked a ton in NYC. Eating was also very controlled and small portions...I lost 1 pound. I am inching back towards my 150 mark.

Diana3271
06-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Sum It's good to see you. I'm glad you enjoyed NYC! Great job on the pound!

berryblondeboys
06-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Sum and Lindsey nice to see you both back! Congrats on the house and job Lindsey and glad it was a great vacation in NYC for you Sum. Seems vacations are good for your weight loss!

alaskanlaughter
06-20-2011, 03:21 PM
i might start posting in here now, i just joined a few days ago...i used to participate on another weight loss forum but the moderators just went insane and starting banning all the regulars for the smallest infractions...i left before they got to me LOL

low carb has been very successful for me this time around...i tried low carb a few years ago and barely lost anything, fought for every pound lost...a few months ago i decided to test my blood sugar levels and, like i suspected, i am prediabetic...havent gone to my doctor about it because i don't want my insurance to realize this...since the beginning of march, i've been doing my own version of low carb, seeing what works best to keep my blood sugars even and low...i started at a high of 227 (totally blamed on holiday baking) in early march and am now sitting at 208 (which is my body's hardest set point)

my highest weight was 247 right after my youngest son was born and i lost back down to about 208ish within a few years...been maintaining there for a few years but after going up to 227 over the holidays, decided to make a real push for a lower weight plus watching my blood sugar levels

my goals daily are 1) no junk food 2) no sugar (although i'm debating about how much fruit i can handle) and 3) carbs under 50g per day but i'm aiming for under 30g per day which is alot harder

i'm not doing strictly Adkins although i've visited those parts of the forum, as well as the diabetic section...the more rules that "someone else" tells me i should follow, the less likely i am to stick with it...i'm going into TOM this week too so i'm surprised to not see a gain on the scale, still holding out at 208-209

my exercise consists of major amounts of housecleaning, running errands and watching children....i stay home during the summers with my 5 year old son and also take 4 other children that i do home daycare for during the summers...they are all my students during the winter when i work for the school district...i manage a state-licensed childcare program during the school year that is set within an elementary school..i have children here now that are age 5, 6, 6, 7, and 8 including one boy who is autistic and ADHD

i'll try to stay on here and participate and hope my weight loss continues past this set point soon

Diana3271
06-20-2011, 03:25 PM
alaskanlaughter Hi and Welcome! :wave: It's good to have you join us.

abbysue715
06-20-2011, 03:36 PM
alaskanlaughter

I run an in home daycare too. I have a 14 week old son and watch 3 2 year olds during the week. Its good to have you here. I just started posting on this thread yesterday. Everyone seems really nice!

alaskanlaughter
06-20-2011, 03:42 PM
wow the 2 years old would wear me out LOL....congrats on the new little boy!

i also have a 13 year old son but he is on a trip this summer, going up north in alaska to spend time with his dad and both sets of our grandparents...we live in southeast Alaska, in the capital Juneau, where we've been for about 8 years now...i'm married to a wonderful alaska native Tlingit man...he's also had alot of success on low carb, losing about 20 pounds in just a few months (men always lose faster grrr) lol

abbysue715
06-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Men always do lose fast. My husband had gastric bypass about 2 months before we met and in the next 8 months he lost 100 pounds just by breathing. DRIVES ME SOOO CRAZY!!!!

I used to be so jealous that he can eat whatever he wants and not gain weight. Now I have gotten over that and I am just happy to be learning how to fuel my body for life and be able to teach our son what being healthy means.

Oh the two year olds definitely give me a run for my money. But the 3 hour quiet time gives me time to regroup for the rest of the day. They are so funny. All of them are single children so we are working on sharing. I think "MINE" is the most used word here.

sidanne42
06-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi all! Congrats on the weight loss and for being accountable to yourselves...and thanx for sharing slices of your life pies! :)

I have been doing Medifast, and after 12 weeks, have lost 54 lbs. Hoping to lose 100 by summer's end!

Last 2 days have been good: eating every 3 hours, drinking 2-3 qts. water, and exercising (mainly walking my lab 1-2 miles.) Will do Zumba 2X this week and paddle out in my yellow banana (kayak) on the hottest dayz!

Rock on, ladies and gents, rock on!!! :)

Sidanne

http://www.tsflsupportinmotion.com/Tickers/Tickers/Images/Tickers/634440726107374111.gif (http://www.tsflsupportinmotion.com/)

Larry H
06-20-2011, 05:04 PM
I just got home from my Cardiologist appointment and GOOD NEWS!! he says I am doing great. I told him I had an overnight 12 pound weight gain and the first thing he asked me is how was your sodium intake before that. I told him it was double my normal intake. He told me that is what caused it that "YOU ARE SODIUM SENSITIVE" I asked but an overnight 12pound gain? He said sure that is entirely within the expected gain due to the my increase in my sodium intake. He checked my weight, heart, blood pressure and lungs and said I was doing great. I specifically asked about conjestive heart failure and he said I don't have it. What a relief!!:carrot: He also gave me the go ahead to start riding my bicycle again. I have missed that!!

Larry,

shishkeberry
06-20-2011, 07:28 PM
I have a confession to make... I didn't post in last week's thread because i felt like I wasn't welcome. I'm sure it was all in my head and I feel silly about it. The only internet access I have is my little bare bones phone which makes doing personals tedious and almost impossible and i felt that i wasn't that welcome because i wasn't doing them. And you know what? I made a lot of bad food choices last week. I didn't gain and I still went to the gym, but I could have done much better. So even if everyone ignores me, I'm going to post everyday to keep myself on track.

Larry H
06-20-2011, 07:40 PM
I have a confession to make... I didn't post in last week's thread because i felt like I wasn't welcome. I'm sure it was all in my head and I feel silly about it. The only internet access I have is my little bare bones phone which makes doing personals tedious and almost impossible and i felt that i wasn't that welcome because i wasn't doing them. And you know what? I made a lot of bad food choices last week. I didn't gain and I still went to the gym, but I could have done much better. So even if everyone ignores me, I'm going to post everyday to keep myself on track.

shishkeberry - You are very :welcome3: here and it does not matter if you do personals or not. I for one certainly would not try to keep up with only a bare bones phone. We are all in this together and without the support of everyone, I am doomed to repeat the past. Lose, gain even more, lose, gain even more repeating thsi forever. I am too old to continue that. Keep posting when ever you can because in doing so you help both of us. :hug:

Larry,

darius
06-20-2011, 07:55 PM
shishkeberry I hope you keep posting because I like reading your posts. I don't write individual comments on other users because I am new here and I don't know anybody. That hasn't stopped any of the other posters from being very supportive of me. I've learned a lot from visiting this forum and this weekly recurring thread is my favorite.

LindseyLou
06-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome ladies!!! :hug:

Here is my check in for today...breakfast wasn't the best idea but I "saved" today. ;)

B – Cinnamon pancakes 270, syrup 110, cran/rasp juice 120 (500)
L – Ham/cheese sandwich 250, crackers 150 (400)
S – Dried apricots 110
D – Swiss steak 250, mashed potatoes 110, steamed broccoli 40 (400)
S – Strawberries 50, 1 T white chocolate 80 (130)
30 minute walk (2 miles), Thighs/Legs – http://toneitup.com/blog/2010/12/best-circuit-workout-to-tone-it-up/

shishkeberry
06-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Thank you Larry and darius :) i didn't mean for that to sound like a pity party lol. I've got some social issues. I never think I'm welcome and I know that's my own issue that I need to work on. I know that my weight has contributed to that, but I should know that my weight doesn't matter here. You've all been there. :)

darius
06-20-2011, 09:44 PM
I've got some social issues.

I do now. I haven't always been overweight and I used to enjoy going out and doing things. Now whenever someone asks me to go anywhere, it always depends on where it is, how crowded it is, etc. I sincerely hope I can achieve a reasonable weight someday so I am not ashamed to be seen in public.

IsabellaOlivia
06-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Vixsin: Good luck with the sleep
Shishkeberry: I understand your feelings. I have social anxiety, though not weight releated.

I've been sick over the weekend. I'm hoping I will wake up tomorrow and be well enough to work out.

K9Owner
06-20-2011, 09:53 PM
I just got home from my Cardiologist appointment and GOOD NEWS!! he says I am doing great. I told him I had an overnight 12 pound weight gain and the first thing he asked me is how was your sodium intake before that. I told him it was double my normal intake. He told me that is what caused it that "YOU ARE SODIUM SENSITIVE" I asked but an overnight 12pound gain? He said sure that is entirely within the expected gain due to the my increase in my sodium intake. He checked my weight, heart, blood pressure and lungs and said I was doing great. I specifically asked about conjestive heart failure and he said I don't have it. What a relief!!:carrot: He also gave me the go ahead to start riding my bicycle again. I have missed that!!

Larry,

:woohoo:
What a relief for you!!!
Celebrating with you ;)

berryblondeboys
06-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Thank you Larry and darius :) i didn't mean for that to sound like a pity party lol. I've got some social issues. I never think I'm welcome and I know that's my own issue that I need to work on. I know that my weight has contributed to that, but I should know that my weight doesn't matter here. You've all been there. :)

Glad you came back to us shishkeberry. Sometimes we all get busy. Or sometimes people come and go so quick it's hard to know why or whatever.

But if it helps you to be here - please be here! And I'll try to be more inclusive.

berryblondeboys
06-20-2011, 10:03 PM

Larry,

Good news Larry! Now you know!

K9Owner
06-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi All :wave:
What day is it???
I forgot. :faint:
I had a terrible weekend eating :cry:
TOMs cRAVEN bird is back, and I have been off plan since Friday night at the Vietnamese restaurant.

:cookie:s, a banana, Rice Krispies, yams, purchased broccoli/cheese casserole, eating while not being at home, and eating out of boredom helped to contribute to this terrible weekend’s buffet-fest for me :cry:

I finally got back on plan at noon today. I have not even begun to drink my allotment of water and since it’s 8pm, that’s not going to happen today ((sigh)).

I didn’t even count calories for Sat/Sun, but I am sure I was between 2000-2500 each day. Thank goodness I don’t eat like this during the week anymore. It was seriously nothing for me to digest this many cals of simple/ processed carbs DAILY!!!

No work until next Monday for me :woohoo:
I went to the market this morning to restock my cupboard full of amazing yumminess, and I will restart the detoxing from processed carbs in the morning—with one little exception..I’m adding 2 servings of Whole Rolled or Steel Cut Oats everyday for extra carbs so I can get back on my :tread:

Here’s to a GREAT OP WEEK everyone :cheers:

K9Owner
06-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Abbysue: :welcome2:

iUSAn: I wish I had some knowledge as to why this can’t be easier….
As you can see, I STRUGGLE every weekend!

Nikki: Hope you get back in the swing of things at the gym. It’s easier to get out of the routine than get back into it :(

Diana32: I’ll take that :sunny: ANYDAY!!! Just, please…..no tornadoes!!

RachaelJ: I lose so slowly. These 20 lbs are stubborn!! I empathize with your frustration! Hang in there, keep on plan..It’ll happen!! ;)

Melissa: I don’t think I can remember when your scale was so rude to you! Kick it!!!!
But get a pair of Redwings or cowgirl boots 1st!! :lol:
No, seriously….. :hug: to you. Hope you have a better week this week than you have over the last few days. Onederland is right around the corner for you :woohoo:

ZooDoo: I :love: Fleet Feet!!!! Saved my running several years ago. I can appreciate finding the perfect running shoe!!! Good job!! Also, I feel your pain in the “shopping for clothes” department. I used to love it, but now….. I hate it! It all looks so cute on the rack, but NOT ON ME!!

MamaKat: KUDDOS to you for biking. I am trying to like that hobby, I just don’t “FEEL” it if you know what I mean.

VIX: :goodvibes to you gf!!

Classyldy: Hi and :welcome:

LINDS!!!!! Hiya gf!! You were MISSED!! YAA on the new job. You were all worried and now you have had the internship and another new opportunity! God is good!! ;)
NOW—Get your butt back OP!! :lol:

Kristiina!!! HIYA to you too!! Missed you MUCH!! Yaa for staying OP while traveling!

Alaskan: Hi and :wel3fc: Hopefully you’ll find your niche’ here. I also have been detoxing from processed carbs for 3 weeks except on the weekends (where I blow it), but I have been following the South Beach Phase 1 thing. I really like it. If you’d like the links to the food sites, just let me know ;)

Hi Sidanne! :welcome3:

Shishkeberry: Glad your choosing to stick around. Look at the progress it’s helped with MamaKat—she’s still losing every week!!!

Isabella: I hope you feel better soon. I am just getting over an infection myself and it SUX when you’re sick and trying to exercise and stay OP.
:dust: for you!!

Diana3271
06-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Good Evening Everyone! :wave: It's been a busy day. After work, I bought a couple more tank tops and some sunscreen for our trip. I need to try my clothes on again to see what I like. It's almost 10:30. I need to post my foods and get ready for bed. Not a lot of time for personals, tonight. Have a nice evening. :grouphug:

Sidanne42 Hi and Welcome! :wave: It's good to have you join us.

Larry Great news from the Dr! :carrot: I'm glad everything is OK with you.

Shishkeberry I am so sorry that you felt like you were not welcome here. :hug: I go through times where I cannot do personals because I am so busy. I do a lot better on the weekends because I have more time. It just so happens that the weekends are the quiet time around here. :dunno: Go figure, right? You are just as much a part of this check in as anyone/everyone else. Jump right in and post your accountability or whatever works for you. But, please, if posting here helps you, please continue to do so. I personally want to see you succeed at your weight loss goals. :hug:

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Shared a cup of turkey vegetable soup (yum-o :drool:) 100 calories
Grilled Chicken Breast 400 calories
2 Orders green beans 200 calories

Exercise:
30 MTF Weights Timesaver Total Body w/#8's & 10's
TF HIIT 20
500 Jump Ropes

iamerican
06-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Diana: That is CRAZY weather. Be careful and drink water. I would stay inside all day. : )

Berry: I hope your knees are okay. And you finally make it to Zumba

Mamakat: Nice on the weightloss. You are a biking machine!

Classyldy: Welcome! Good luck on your journey. Starting is the first step.

Alaskan: Welcome as well! I hope you enjoy the thread!

Sidanne: Congrats on the 54lbs! That’s amazing!

Larry: I am glad you are ok! Glad you can bike!

LindseyLou: Cinnamon pancakes sound amazing!

Shiskeberry: We wont ignore you. Welcome! We are all trying to keep accountable!

K9: The struggle sucks frankly. Weekends are the worst. Lets shoot for a totally on plan day tomorrow? And I think its funny about the iUSAn. My username was derived from “I am Erica n.” Love your version too though ; )

iamerican
06-20-2011, 11:58 PM
After a terrifying weekend of eating, i am up a pound. Gah. This week I have goals: 1) lose at least a pound. 2) water water every day (100 oz plus) 3) on plan 5 of the next 6 days and 4) exersice 4 of the next six days.
I can do this!

shishkeberry
06-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Thank you all for the welcomes :) I'm going to keep posting. I really think it helps.
Well, i didn't gain any weight this past week but I lost two inches in my waist and one on my upper legs. Not bad :) my SIL even said she could notice a difference. I'm not sure if she said that to be polite or not lol but I'll take it.

berryblondeboys
06-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Just a quick check in but I made it to a Zumba class this evening and it was great! One hour and not too difficult at all. When it was over, I was like, "we're done?" Wow! An hour goes much faster in a class than while standing in front of a TV by yourself.

I didn't get it completely of course, but with having had some Latin dance lessons and with doing years of videos and formerly being on a drill team where you have to learn moves, I guess routines don't come that hard to me. And I'm sure it will get better as I go more often.

And I was SOOOOO happy there were no mirrors there - I really don't want to see how ridiculous I look! (but most people seemed to be at about the same uncoordinated dancer as me!). About 25-30 people in the class from about 15-60 years old.

darius
06-21-2011, 12:29 AM
My username was derived from “I am Erica n.”

Well that explains it. I did notice in your blog that people addressed you as Erica but I never noticed it in your username.

alaskanlaughter
06-21-2011, 01:02 AM
i'm ending the day just under 60 carbs total...which is slightly higher than planned but well within range for me....i tend to graze all day, which is what puts my carbs higher and my body tends to want something to eat every couple hours, which i've heard is just fine anyhow...i've made 99% good choices in food today with the exception of two bites of a cupcake and two bites of a cookie, and then i gave the rest to my son...i had 5 children at my house by myself all day from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and then i took my little son to his baseball game...then we went to the store...and then we came home and i made dinner...so i'm pretty busy all the time....i bought a new brand of vanilla protein powder at the store tonight and i might use my last few carbs to make a little smoothie later and try it out...

csalove
06-21-2011, 01:02 AM
Hello everyone. I am 24 and newly married. I began my weight loss journey aug 2009. At that time my starting weight was 236lbs. I learned that I had issues with high blood pressure and needed to make a change. I became a vegetarian. I started making healthy food choices (with no excercise) By Dec 2009 I got down to 190 lbs. I moved back home with my parents and gained 15lbs. I have been 205lbs for about a year now. A few months ago I was diagnosed with PCOS. My doctor then told me that it would be best if I lost weight to increase my chances to become pregnant, so here I am.
Last week I began my weight lose journey (again) and am now down 6lbs. Here is an overview of my day:
B-protien shake
Gym: 15min run, 45min walk
S-Fresh fruit (orange, pineapple and apple slices)
L- Spinach sandwhich w/mustard and apple slices
D- potatoes and mix vegetables
I drink PLENTY of water through out the day. I know looking at my day it doesn't seem like much but I have to try to make myself eat with all the water that I drink....I always feel full. I try not to eat after 7pm as well. Maybe some of you can help me along the way.

alaskanlaughter
06-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Hello everyone. I am 24 and newly married. I began my weight loss journey aug 2009. At that time my starting weight was 236lbs. I learned that I had issues with high blood pressure and needed to make a change. I became a vegetarian. I started making healthy food choices (with no excercise) By Dec 2009 I got down to 190 lbs. I moved back home with my parents and gained 15lbs. I have been 205lbs for about a year now. A few months ago I was diagnosed with PCOS. My doctor then told me that it would be best if I lost weight to increase my chances to become pregnant, so here I am.
Last week I began my weight lose journey (again) and am not down 6lbs. Here is an overview of my day:
B-protien shake
Gym: 15min run, 45min walk
S-Fresh fruit (orange, pineapple and apple slices)
L- Spinach sandwhich w/mustard and apple slices
D- potatoes and mix vegetables
I drink PLENTY of water through out the day. I know looking at my day it doesn't seem like much but I have to try to make myself eat with all the water that I drink....I always feel full. I try not to eat after 7pm as well. Maybe some of you can help me along the way.

hi and welcome! congrats on the newly married! :) i'm trying to not eat after a certain time in the evening...it's not working too well LOL but i'm trying...i'm right at that same weight, hovering at 208 right now and at my toughest set point in terms of weight

csalove
06-21-2011, 01:15 AM
yeah it seems when i eat after 7pm i feel more tired right before bed and in the morning. Im trying to keep it up but it is hard. Eating at night use to be my thing! lol but these changes are for the better.

Sum38
06-21-2011, 04:38 AM
Larry --- too wild..... stay away from salt!!!

Lindsey --- I was gone as well....but since I look up or down....lol...at you...you better hit 140 again!!! :lol:

K9...awwww....you are ahead...argh .....haha...happy for you!!!! :)

Diana.....how was your shopping?

Melissa...you amaze me!!!

Sum38
06-21-2011, 04:40 AM
:welcome: all new friends!!!

K9Owner
06-21-2011, 07:19 AM
K9: The struggle sucks frankly. Weekends are the worst. Lets shoot for a totally on plan day tomorrow? And I think its funny about the iUSAn. My username was derived from “I am Erica n.” Love your version too though ; )

:rofl:
I know the black-n-white photo throws it off a bit, but I really am a blonde!!!

K9Owner
06-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Iamerican: Seriously, I never thought of your username as Erica. Luckily you live in America, otherwise, I’d really feel foolish!!! And, you’re on!! I’m looking forward to getting back to exercising. It’s been far to long!!!

Melissa: YAAAA I’m so thrilled you liked Zumba! Not only that, it really doesn’t feel like you’re working out, but you’re going to start noticing a nice toning effect the more you do it!!

Alaskan: Great job staying OP Monday!

Shishkeberry: Great job on losing 2 inches! I wanna lose them off my right hip—it’s larger than the left!! Go Figure!!

Csalove: :wel3fc:

Kristiina: I seriously have had to “work” for these few measly pounds gf!! I had an infection and couldn’t exercise, so I did South Beach Phase 1 for 3 weeks during the week. I wish I could exercise and be on this phase, but there are not enough carbs to do cardio on it for me! Another thought—when I stop at 140, you’ll zoooom right past me!! :lol:

Diana3271
06-21-2011, 08:28 AM

I made another appointment with the allergist. My appointment is next week. We'll see what happens.

Weigh In: 145.4
Down: .4

shishkeberry Great job on the inches!

Sum I bought a few tank tops for our trip to OBX on the 4th of July weekend. I tried some things on last night. Hmm, some of my capris that I bought at the beginning of the season are too big. Some of the tanks seem a little long and they are a Small. I think I am going to look a little more to see what I can find. The big thing is that we don't know anyone in that area. I'm not used to wearing tanks in the first place, so I don't want to buy anything expensive and I not wear it. We'll see what happens between now and the weekend. I'm keeping all of my receipts. ;) I did buy some sunscreen that I think I like, though. :lol:

jomatho
06-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Hi all! I very briefly skimmed through personals from this thread this morning and plan to go back later to catch up with everyone. On Saturday I was going to pop in to update my ticker to a new low of 183, but didn't get a chance that day and I guess that is good because I am up 2.4 pounds now!!!!!!! WTH? Ok, it's hot, I haven't been giving my all to exercising and I haven't logged food (except in my head), so what do I expect? Also, ovulation is looming again. Made me feel a little more normal to see Vixsin and Berry in the same boat, but it still stinks.
I ran into an old friend at a graduation party and we talked about getting together to walk. Well, she is holding me to it! We went out for an hour yesterday and about to go out this morning too. Not sure it will be enough for me to lose, but I will add it to what I know I need to do. It is getting me out of bed and getting me going in the morning (when I usually come on here, or sleep in).
So today I am going to be a little more strict than usual with myself. I am going to really try to drink lots of water and avoid the high sodium foods so I can get back down into the 184/183 range, then try to focus on a new low.
Uhhggg!
I will be back a little later to report on how I am doing. I need to be more accountable to myself and we all know this is the place to do it!

Diana3271
06-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Jo Hi :wave: It's good to see you. Walking is great! Enjoy! I have been doing mall walks on the weekend and I actually get a little sore from it. Amazing! I don't get sore from my kick butt workouts, but I get sore from my power walks!

berryblondeboys
06-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Diana and Jo I find that walking has helped me the most with getting more fit. Now, I'm not up to Sum's super fast walking (yet), but it uses muscles differently than how you use them with aerobic workouts. So, they are good compliment to each other.

Plus, you still burn a lot of calories walking. It just takes longer to do it than running! Some of the thinnest and fittest people I know are walkers - no more than that! Heck, that's how most of Europe stays thin - they walk everywhere! (And it's why they are now getting fat - the are walking less!)

berryblondeboys
06-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Iamerican and K9owner Sorry the weekends are tough for you guys. Hopefully you can figure something out the helps you find the right balance. It's hard when a lot of the food decisions are taken away!

Csalove Welcome and congrats on being newly married! You've come to a great place!

Alaska Welcome to you too! I don't know how ou manage with kids underfoot all day! Or maybe that's me getting older talking!

csalove
06-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks for welcoming me here.....well, off to the gym to put some time and hard work in...have a good day everyone!

jomatho
06-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Just got back from my walk and waiting to stop sweating so I can get in the shower (another kid going to orthodontist in about and hour). I am guzzling my water right now, plan to get 32 oz in before I leave for that appt.
Thanks Berry and Di, I think the walking will def. help me. I will do other things too, swimming, a little running. I am hoping changing it up will help my motivation and shake something loose with the weight loss too. :)
I will report back later, keeping myself accountable!

shishkeberry
06-21-2011, 10:07 AM
272.8 today :)
K9 how can you tell that one hip is bigger than the other? How do you measure it?

zoodoo613
06-21-2011, 10:15 AM
And I think its funny about the iUSAn. My username was derived from “I am Erica n.” Love your version too though ; )

I was totally reading your name as "I American". Just figured you were super patriotic. :D

berryblondeboys
06-21-2011, 10:30 AM
I was totally reading your name as "I American". Just figured you were super patriotic. :D

Me too! Super patriotic and an apple products lover.

zoodoo613
06-21-2011, 10:32 AM
I had a higher calorie day (1800) after a bigger than expected dinner. Do I sound like a broken record? Thing is, although it's slow, I'm still losing weight, as long as a manage to throw a few lower calorie days into the mix.

My plan was to take a walk after dinner (it was too nice out to test the new shoes on the work treadmill), but there was a passel of neighborhood kids and their parents around and I ended up hanging around a chatting for a while. I finally pulled myself away at about 8:00 and not 10 minutes into the walk my husband calls me and asks, "Is Ian [our son] with you? I can't find him." So I turned around headed back. It turned out to be a misunderstanding between the two of them. My husband was giving Ian's friend a ride home on the motorcycle and they'd agreed that Ian would walk to the friends house and get a ride on the motorcycle back to our house. Except my husband didn't realize he'd given Ian permission to leave yet. This, sadly, is typical of the two of them.

Somehow that shot the walk for the night. I didn't have it in me to start t walk twice, although I would have been happy to keep going the first time. I try! I really do!

Scale is down 0.4 from yesterday at 200.2 despite the lack of walk and big dinner. Never can predict what it will do.

amy3469
06-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi! I'm brand new, was hoping to jump in on this thread if it's okay. I just started yesterday actually. I've been putting it off, then finally after eating so horribly this past weekend and weighing myself, I knew I had to do it now! I'm watching what I eat and doing 2 small workouts a day. 20 minutes in the morning before work and then 20-30 in the afternoon.
Everyone seems so nice and supportive here!

shishkeberry
06-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Welcome Amy!

K9Owner
06-21-2011, 12:26 PM
:woohoo:
I am so relieved to know I was not the only one to think I American instead of I am Erica N.
I am limited to one blonde moment per day and that would have been a BIGGIE for me!!

K9Owner
06-21-2011, 12:29 PM
272.8 today :)
K9 how can you tell that one hip is bigger than the other? How do you measure it?

My clothes tell off on it, ya know like a 4th grader telling the teacher the kid behind her is kicking her in the pants. Even tho the teacher can't see it, the child reports it :lol:

Dresses, fitted tops, even underwear :yikes:
It pokes out like a thumb that's been hit with a hammer--REALLY HARD!!

K9Owner
06-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Amy: Hi and :wel3fc:

Jo: Thinking of going :swim: today myself.
I can hardly wait to get back out in the :sunny: after being cooped up for 3 days inside at work/sleep!!

Diana32: Tennis to me is like walking to you! It's because you are using muscles differently. I like it tho! FEEL THE BURN :lol:

ZooDoo: Good job on the .2--at least it's not a gain.

I'm expecting to gain this week BLAH. But, you all's FAVORITE visitor from the east is visiting me.
I'm so excited, I'm about to wet my pants :cry: with tears--of course!!

Pint Sized Terror
06-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Hey all. I weighed in this morning at 159 even. :carrot: So that's 3lbs down since last weigh in. Nice to be in the 150's again.

Right now, a lot is going on irl, so I'm not posting a whole lot. I am still focusing on losing weight and staying active though, promise! ;)

jomatho
06-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Me too! Super patriotic and an apple products lover.

Me three! Thought you were patriotic! Ha!

jomatho
06-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Amy: Hi and :wel3fc:

Jo: Thinking of going :swim: today myself.
I can hardly wait to get back out in the :sunny: after being cooped up for 3 days inside at work/sleep!!

Diana32: Tennis to me is like walking to you! It's because you are using muscles differently. I like it tho! FEEL THE BURN :lol:

ZooDoo: Good job on the .2--at least it's not a gain.

I'm expecting to gain this week BLAH. But, you all's FAVORITE visitor from the east is visiting me.
I'm so excited, I'm about to wet my pants :cry: with tears--of course!!

Not sure if I will swim today now that my hair is washed, I know lame excuse, but I hate to get chlorine in it now and have to shower all over again. We will see, if not today, for sure tomorrow after my walk. We are leaving at 8am again, so I hope to either run or swim when I get back, maybe both if I have the energy.

abbysue715
06-21-2011, 01:25 PM
okay so food for yesterday

B: uncle same cereal
1 cup milk
1 boiled egg
1 packet truvia

L:2 slices bread
1TB light mayo
Mustard
Turkey
Spinach
LEttuce
1 Orange

D:Ground beef
colby cheese
salsa
blackbeans
lettuce
spinach

S: 16 reduced fat wheat thins
precious jalapeno cheese stick

Total:1844

I have found now that I am counting my calories I am much hungrier at night. For example I add everything up and think only 1800 calories today and find myself laying in bed thinking " I am 200 calories hungry right now!" What does that even mean! LOL So I have started still writing everything down but not adding it up until the next morning and that has certainly helped with the obviously not real hunger! This thread is so busy! Its nice it keeps moving so quickly.

Amy- WELCOME!!

elizabethyellow
06-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone! I am new to both 3FC and this thread. I am 20 years old, 151 pounds as of yesterday evening. I started my weightloss journey OFFICIALLY on Friday, 6/17 because the bridesmaid's dress for my sister's wedding showed up - if that isn't motivation, I don't know what is! I haven't worked up the motivation to start exercising yet, but I have begun counting calories (usually end the day around 1200).

For breakfast, I have either been eating a few slices of watermelon or a Nutrigrain bar. I am not a big breakfast eater but I make myself eat so that I'm not starving hungry for lunch. At lunch I have been eating the "Eating Right" brand of frozen meals. Dinner has been a tortellini, tomato and spinach soup that I made Saturday evening (way too much, but luckily it is delicious so I'll eat that forever!) My mini-goal is to get down to a "normal weight" BMI, which for me is 140.2 pounds. I want to achieve this goal by the end of July, but realistically would settle for mid-August.

Good luck to everyone! :carrot:

mamakat
06-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone,
Larry I am so glad you are doing great, I was worried.
iamerican I also thought it was a patriotic name what a cute way to have a play on words (maybe even without trying :) )
krystal I too can tell that one side is bigger than the other just by clothes, in fact I've noticed even more now that I'm losing weight. My left side has a saddlebag whereas the right side doesn't. Weird :p
newcomers I welcome you and am sorry I can't remember your names right now...I wanted to say sometimes I don't do well with personals because I use a cell phone too. But I do read everyone's posts so definitely keep posting.
to all of you who have lost congratulations.
I did 8.5 miles in 30 mins yesterday (I would not think of it as a hobby as it's not enjoyable per se, but it gets the job done :p). I did great with my calories and lost .2 today (I'm very OK with that)
As for today, not doing so well (Bipolar mania episode) so I am trying HARD to stay away from food and people. I know logically I should get on that bike and ride, but I really don't want to. What I want is to go on a killing spree so I'm thinking staying in my room is the best thing for now. Hopefully I won't overeat or harm anyone ;)
I wish all well and good health. :)

GainingWeightInLa
06-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Well, so i'm not doing so great with keepin up OR checkin' in! Boo. :( Still think of you guys often................missin' keepin up! I'm still stickin' with it.....I'm expecting to weigh in tonight at 193.5-ish (last week was 195.2) so I'm still hangin in there and not givin up...although not being here hardly at all is making things go MUCH slower. :( :( :( Great to see so many newcomers! And equally as great to see all the more senior members hangin in there! You guys are amazing!!

GainingWeightInLa
06-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Okay, so I just noticed my ticker. I obviously put it at 193 on an unofficial weigh in. lol I'm just now getting there. SLOW I'm tellin' ya...things are movin' really REALLY slow! lol

zoodoo613
06-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Small victory.

There's cake in the kitchen. A lot of it. It's been there since yesterday morning. All day yesterday, I waited it out, and the most tempting of it disappeared before I caved. Today only the less appealing stuff is left. I'm not sure why, but at some point I decided I was going to have just a small piece of it. You know, I was right? It wasn't that appealing. I cut a small piece, had a bite and threw the rest of it out. Not good enough to be worth it.

elizabethyellow
06-21-2011, 03:46 PM
zoodoo613 good for you!! Willpower is my biggest enemy, I aspire to be like you!!

berryblondeboys
06-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Small victory.

There's cake in the kitchen. A lot of it. It's been there since yesterday morning. All day yesterday, I waited it out, and the most tempting of it disappeared before I caved. Today only the less appealing stuff is left. I'm not sure why, but at some point I decided I was going to have just a small piece of it. You know, I was right? It wasn't that appealing. I cut a small piece, had a bite and threw the rest of it out. Not good enough to be worth it.

Those are huge victories! Good for you!

berryblondeboys
06-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Well, so i'm not doing so great with keepin up OR checkin' in! Boo. :( Still think of you guys often................missin' keepin up! I'm still stickin' with it.....I'm expecting to weigh in tonight at 193.5-ish (last week was 195.2) so I'm still hangin in there and not givin up...although not being here hardly at all is making things go MUCH slower. :( :( :( Great to see so many newcomers! And equally as great to see all the more senior members hangin in there! You guys are amazing!!

Slowly is still moving in the right direction, so don't discredit that! Good luck with weigh-in!

zoodoo613
06-21-2011, 04:05 PM
zoodoo613 good for you!! Willpower is my biggest enemy, I aspire to be like you!!

Believe me, if had been good cake, I would have gobbled it up. I'm no paragon of willpower!

still
06-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Hey everyone!

MamaKat- sorry to hear you're having some mania goin on. Thinking of you and hoping it passes soon. Are there things you can do to help manage the mania, or is it just something you have to wait out? :hug:

elizabethyellow- Welcome! You've found the best group of people around. I couldn't have stuck to my weight loss/lifestyle change plans without these guys.

abbysue- Rock on for finding a way to manage the fake hunger! What a great idea!

PintSizedTerror- WTG on the 3 pound woosh!

Amy3469- welcome!

zoodoo- don't you hate it when your exercise plans get derailed? that stuff happens to me and I quickly lose the motivation to get started all over again. It's so much easier to just think "well, there's always tomorrow".

jomatho- I'm doing the same thing you are- trying to incorporate different exercises into my routine to shake things up a little. I recently started walking as well, and I was surprised at how sore my legs were the next day! I'm also trying to condition my body for the Disney walking we're going to be doing in November, so thats pretty motivating.

csalove- welcome! Congrats on being 6 lbs down!

Diana3271- Hope you get results from your allergist appointment next week. How do you feel maintenance is going? Is it what you expected?

alaskanlaughter- wow! Your carbs are so low! How do you keep them that low, if you don't mind me asking? And welcome!

Melissa- glad you enjoyed Zumba! I want to try the Zumba class at our Y one of these days.

shishkeberry- congrats on the lost inches! I'm glad you decided to keep posting. I hope it helps you as much as it's helped me.

Erica- How's your goals coming along so far? I'm also planning on 4 days of exercise this week.

K9Owner- I also struggle something fierce on the weekend. Thanks for the workout well wishes, I found I've been missing the gym more than I thought!

Isabella- hi, and hope you are feeling better!

Darius- hi!

Larry- SO GLAD your cardiologist said you're doing well. The 12 lbs was scary! Also, yay for being able to ride your bike again!

I just had a bit of a scare. I was sitting here on my laptop typing to all of you when my laptop restarted itself. Luckily, it somehow saved this post and all my personals to you guys! Yay!

Things are good here. I was proud of myself yesterday, as usually I go to the gym with a good friend of mine on Mondays, and then we grab coffee/tea. She couldn't go, but instead of taking that as an "out" I went anyway and kicked my own butt! Legs and arms are a bit sore today, but so worth it.

Weighed in today at 168. Not bad, considering my weekend with the peanut butter balls. Strange to think that I consider my highest weight 170 these days. It used to be my goal weight.

NSV- My neighbor saw us walking this weekend and asked if I was losing weight and asked what I was doing. I told her "good old fashioned hard work" and mentioned calorie counting and exercising. That was just nice.

My goal for this week is to have more on plan days than not and hit the gym 4 times this week. So far I'm rockin it! Hope you are all having great days.

shishkeberry
06-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Great job zoodoo! My DF bought chips the other day and I'm one of those people that will sit there and eat a whole bag. I made myself weigh it out and I stuck to one serving. That's i big victory for me. Now here's to hoping that I don't stick my hand in the bag again today.

Redgrl
06-21-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm sort of new to 3FC. I joined a couple of years ago but didn't keep up. I'm back and enjoying the threads.

My mail goal each day is to get some sort of exercise and to eat healthy even if I eat things that aren't as good for me. In other words, if I eat a piece of chocolate cake, I better eat a spinach salad as well!

I am trying to get the heath benefits and believe it or not, it seems to be making me not want the other stuff as much. I guess my body is getting more nutrients or something. Or maybe at almost 50, my brain is finally getting the hang of it. Nah, it's probably the nutrients!

Today I realized that the hills in my neighborhood (lots!), aren't as hard as they used to be. :)

alaskanlaughter
06-21-2011, 04:36 PM
alaskanlaughter- wow! Your carbs are so low! How do you keep them that low, if you don't mind me asking? And welcome!

i try to stick very much with what i know works well with my body and my blood sugar levels...i stick to low-carb options like veggies, meats, cream, eggs, stuff like that...i make my own shakes from protein powder, splash of cream, handful of frozen berries....sometimes sugar free pudding mix powder is good in a smoothie but it adds carbs

i try to keep fruits low because they dont sit well with my blood sugar despite the fact i could LIVE(!) off of fruit and be happy LOL in fact that's what upped my carbs yesterday is because i had an apple and some watermelon....my carbs were also up a bit because i had a few bites of junk before giving it to my son lol

i eat alot of things like tuna salad on lettuce...taco meat on lettuce...hard boiled eggs with mayo...i make lots of meat and veggies for dinners, like baked pork with a side of veggies...

i'm not strictly on Atkins but i try to do as low carb as i can handle because it is easier on my blood sugar levels...i stopped testing my BS levels because i know what works and what doesnt...flour and sugar are the worst, followed shortly by rice and starchy veggies, followed by high-sugar fruits...everything else seems to be okay to eat so far...

i can't handle doing a strict "diet plan" because too many rules imposed by others just doesn't sit well with me...i hate (HATE!) being told what to do but i take the main idea of Atkins combined with how a diabetic needs to eat (which is where i will be following pre-diabetic if i don't behave now) and that's what i'm aiming for

darius
06-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Great job zoodoo! My DF bought chips the other day and I'm one of those people that will sit there and eat a whole bag. I made myself weigh it out and I stuck to one serving. That's i big victory for me. Now here's to hoping that I don't stick my hand in the bag again today.

Potato chips are a particularly dangerous food for me to have in the house.

berryblondeboys
06-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Well, I went to my second Zumba class in a different gym with a different instructor. It was completely different. This was completely low impact (and no it was not Zumba Gold - but the instructor was 50 plus - though very fit) and there was only ONE song/routine that was the same from the class I took on Monday. The class was super crowded and I couldn't see the instructor and there was no one in the class good enough to follow instead of the instructor, so I struggled a bit more even though the choreography was actually a bit easier tonight.

This classroom also had mirrors, but, I'm learning, unbelievably, I'm more coordinated than most of the people in these classes. I was towards the back so I couldn't see much of myself, but maybe it will be good to see my form reflected back at me a bit so I can improve.

All in all it was a good workout and my son had a blast in the KidSpace area, so it was a win/win.

I also 'think' I have ovulated, so my weight should start coming down. Took several days last month, but I can hope this month I'll start dropping this water weight a bit faster.

Oh, I'm also checking my blood sugar in 1.5 hours more. I had watermelon this evening and I want to see it's effect on my blood sugar. I sure hope it's not something I'll have to give up! Kind of hard to pair watermelon with a fat or protein!

Diana3271
06-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Another person here who though iamerican was just super patriotic!

Csalove How did it go at the gym?

Jomatho Great job on the walk! Swimming is great exercise and relaxing, too.

Shishkeberry Hi :wave:

Zoodoo Congrats on the .4.

Amy3469 Hi and Welcome! :wave: Good to have you join us.

K9 I haven't played tennis in years. That would be fun! Except, it's too hot and I don't have anyone to play with. :lol: Imagine the fun we could have if we lived near our online buddies. :D

Pint Congrats on the 3 pounds.

Abbysue If you feel hungrier at night, maybe you can rearrange your calories. We eat out for dinner and I need a higher calorie allotment at that time. I had to rearrange my calories to make it work for me.

Elizabethyellow Hi and Welcome! :wave: It's good to have you join us.

Mamakat Great job on the 8.5 miles and .2 pounds! Sorry about the bipolar episode. :hug: How are you feeling tonight?

Diana(LA) Hi :wave: It's good to see you check-in.

Still I'm basically doing the exact things while in maintenance. I think people get in trouble when they start making too many changes. Great job on still going to the gym as planned.

Redgrl Hi and Welcome! :wave: It's good to have you join us.

Alaskanlaughter I think eating lower carb helps with sugar cravings, too.

Darius Hi :wave:

Berry It's good to try out the different classes so you can find what you like.

Larry Hi :wave:

Diana3271
06-21-2011, 10:59 PM
I had issues a few years back with our family Dr. Long story. Bottom line, is that I haven't had full blood work in a few years. I have my thyroid test and the Endo has done a cholesterol test a couple of times. So anyways, I went for a "meet and greet" :rolleyes: with a new family Dr. I think I like her. I shouldn't speak yet, because it doesn't take much for me to dislike a Dr. :lol: Anyways, tomorrow I will go for my labs. I spoke with her about my food allergy situation. I told her the allergist that I am going to. She was very pleased because she said he is the best in the area. That made me feel good. Hopefully he can figure out my craziness. Other people have spoken very highly of this allergist, too. I should feel positive, but I don't. I think I am just tired of the whole allergy thing.

The old family Dr. was a little distance away. I hated not being able to eat and drive that far, etc. The new place is only a couple miles away. My plan is to get up, brush my teeth, pull my hair back, get dressed, etc. I don't mind going there like that. They open at 8 am. They said they will take me right in and I will only be there a few minutes. I will probably get a coffee and Egg McMuffin since Mickey D's is right there, too. I don't do well not having my coffee and breakfast first thing in the AM. The Egg McMuffin is around the same calories as my regular breakfast, so I will be good with that. Maybe I will just come back on and cook. We'll see how crazy I get. :lol:

I went back to Walmart tonight to try on some more tank tops. I tried on Jr's (XL). :rolleyes: :lol: I was thinking they looked better than the regular sizes that I bought. The regular sizes are Misses (small). I bought similar colors to what I already had. I wanted DH to look at them. I wanted similar colors so DH could compare similar tops and it wouldn't get too confusing. :lol: Anyways bottom line, DH like the Jr tanks on me better than the regular ones. The regular ones were too long. I swear I never thought I would wear something in Jr sizes. Crazy! I am always too big or too something for whatever I want. :dunno: Oh well. At least I got something to wear. ;)

Total approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Pork Chop 400 calories
3 orders green beans 300 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

csalove
06-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Diana: It was ok...usually I have all this energy and today I really had to push myself (so didn't want to be there). Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Nikki: thanks...I have to work so hard!!!

Diana3271
06-21-2011, 11:09 PM
csalove Great job getting to the gym and getting through it. :carrot:

alaskanlaughter
06-21-2011, 11:33 PM
made it through a good low-carb day today :) i'm sitting at 25 carbs right now and on track to meet my goals of 1) no sugar 2) under 50 carbs and 3) spacing my eating apart by several hours, which is hard to do when i'm home all day...i will probably make a sweet protein smoothie later tonight as well but i think i'm good on the carbs today

berryblondeboys
06-21-2011, 11:46 PM
And... watermelon is as bad for my blood sugars as pasta. I guess no more watermelon or such fruits for me except for special treats.

I'm mad at myself for letting myself get to the point of having blood sugars. If I would have been more in control of my eating and weight earlier on, I wouldn't have gotten this problem.

Yes, I know I could need meds. I could have done some body damage... but I did get myself to this point for what???? I was stupid because living a healthy life is not difficult... what was my problem???

K9Owner
06-22-2011, 12:07 AM
For Melissa and anyone else interested on blood sugar levels and food, here is the link to the Glycemic Index (http://www.glycemicindex.com/). Look on the left, click on GI Database and search for a food. It will give you the glycemic index load #. Low GI is 55 and under, Medium GI is 56-69, and High GI is 70 and above. Basically, the higher the #, the quicker the food turns into glucose in the blood once you eat it, making you spike in blood sugar (glucose) and forcing your body to excrete insulin. Eating a protein along with a high GI food will stabilize the sugar it contains and not have such a spike on blood sugar (glucose) ;)

elizabethyellow
06-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Not the worst day possible... I had a nutrigrain cereal bar for breakfast, an eating right spaghetti with meat sauce for lunch, and that deliiiicious soup for dinner... in total about 800 calories. I did cheat and had one funsize m&m and snickers in between lunch and dinner, as well as a 3/4 a 7Up with dinner. But I drank 60oz water and hopefully I didn't cheat too badly?? I'm still working on getting disciplined... here's hoping that this forum will make me want to stay on track!

shishkeberry
06-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Breakfast was Oatmeal made with skim milk and blueberries
lunch was reduced sodium turkey and tomato sandwich on whole wheat toast with two teaspoons of mayo. I tried mustard but I just couldn't do it, so mayo it is. Luckily i think mayo is gross if i use too much. Two teaspoons is just about right. I also had two cups of tender garden salad with strawberries and light toasted sesame dressing. Oh, and I had one serving of grandma utz chips.
Dinner was pork chops on the grill with marinade, whole grain rice and orange bell peppers.
I had a snack of one strawberry poptart and a fat free chocolate pudding pack. Right around 1500 for the day. Not bad.

Diana3271
06-22-2011, 08:20 AM

We got home last night and our dog (Magnum) was sick. He seems better this morning. I didn't sleep well last night. I kept waking up thinking I was hearing him. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight.

Weigh In: 145.6
Up: .2

Berry + K9 I just looked at that glycemic index. I thought I had heard that watermelon was in the same range as jelly beans. That index confirms it. Isn't that crazy!

berryblondeboys
06-22-2011, 08:20 AM
For Melissa and anyone else interested on blood sugar levels and food, here is the link to the Glycemic Index (http://www.glycemicindex.com/). Look on the left, click on GI Database and search for a food. It will give you the glycemic index load #. Low GI is 55 and under, Medium GI is 56-69, and High GI is 70 and above. Basically, the higher the #, the quicker the food turns into glucose in the blood once you eat it, making you spike in blood sugar (glucose) and forcing your body to excrete insulin. Eating a protein along with a high GI food will stabilize the sugar it contains and not have such a spike on blood sugar (glucose) ;)

Thanks! Of course, not all foods work the same in everyone's body either. Like red potatoes have a GI of 89 - that's higher than watermelon, yet, it has zero affect on my blood sugar. When I had gestational diabetes and now, I can eat red potatoes (haven't tried other potatoes) and one hour and two hours after eating my blood sugars are near perfect (after two hours 80- which is ideal). Also apples paired with peanut butter (a protein) is OK for me. But some things you can't easily pair a protein - like watermelon. I had quite a bit last night, so if I have less of it, I should be OK. I'll test it again with eating less. 125 is actually just outside the 'normal' range for people without diabetes and considered the 'ideal' with people with diabetes, but I know for me and my body that 125 is on the higher side when I typically get below 100 with other foods and around 80 most of the time.

jomatho
06-22-2011, 08:27 AM
I had issues a few years back with our family Dr. Long story. Bottom line, is that I haven't had full blood work in a few years. I have my thyroid test and the Endo has done a cholesterol test a couple of times. So anyways, I went for a "meet and greet" :rolleyes: with a new family Dr. I think I like her. I shouldn't speak yet, because it doesn't take much for me to dislike a Dr. :lol: Anyways, tomorrow I will go for my labs. I spoke with her about my food allergy situation. I told her the allergist that I am going to. She was very pleased because she said he is the best in the area. That made me feel good. Hopefully he can figure out my craziness. Other people have spoken very highly of this allergist, too. I should feel positive, but I don't. I think I am just tired of the whole allergy thing.

The old family Dr. was a little distance away. I hated not being able to eat and drive that far, etc. The new place is only a couple miles away. My plan is to get up, brush my teeth, pull my hair back, get dressed, etc. I don't mind going there like that. They open at 8 am. They said they will take me right in and I will only be there a few minutes. I will probably get a coffee and Egg McMuffin since Mickey D's is right there, too. I don't do well not having my coffee and breakfast first thing in the AM. The Egg McMuffin is around the same calories as my regular breakfast, so I will be good with that. Maybe I will just come back on and cook. We'll see how crazy I get. :lol:

I went back to Walmart tonight to try on some more tank tops. I tried on Jr's (XL). :rolleyes: :lol: I was thinking they looked better than the regular sizes that I bought. The regular sizes are Misses (small). I bought similar colors to what I already had. I wanted DH to look at them. I wanted similar colors so DH could compare similar tops and it wouldn't get too confusing. :lol: Anyways bottom line, DH like the Jr tanks on me better than the regular ones. The regular ones were too long. I swear I never thought I would wear something in Jr sizes. Crazy! I am always too big or too something for whatever I want. :dunno: Oh well. At least I got something to wear. ;)

Total approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Pork Chop 400 calories
3 orders green beans 300 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

Old Navy is having their 2.00 tank top sale on Friday/Saturday depending on your store. Not sure if they have the kind you like, or if you need any more than you got, but thought I would throw that out there for you!

jomatho
06-22-2011, 08:35 AM
I hate my scale.

lol, I drank and drank yesterday and was not going to the bathroom much, so I was a little worried about weighing in today, but the scale stayed the same as yesterday, which I realized later in the day is 3 pounds above my low, not 2 like my sleepy head thought originally. Yikes. So today I drink a ton more, I walk with my friend and hopefully some other form of exercise (not feeling too energetic at the moment). This too shall pass, right? Darn ovulation week. Should happen today or tomorrow, so hopefully things will start moving along after that. Oh the joys of being a woman. Catch you all later after my workout (s).

berryblondeboys
06-22-2011, 08:58 AM
I hate my scale.

lol, I drank and drank yesterday and was not going to the bathroom much, so I was a little worried about weighing in today, but the scale stayed the same as yesterday, which I realized later in the day is 3 pounds above my low, not 2 like my sleepy head thought originally. Yikes. So today I drink a ton more, I walk with my friend and hopefully some other form of exercise (not feeling too energetic at the moment). This too shall pass, right? Darn ovulation week. Should happen today or tomorrow, so hopefully things will start moving along after that. Oh the joys of being a woman. Catch you all later after my workout (s).

Oh I so know it! I won't be happy until I get back down to my low of 201.8. I was there for FOUR days so I know that weight wasn't a fluke and then water weight, water weight, water weight. I've already lost .8 of it, but yes, gaining three pounds when you know you didn't do anything deviant from the plan just is MEAN!!! But we'll woosh soon enough!

Have a great walk!

Jomo
06-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Well, I finally have a ticker! And it has been adjusted by 30lb (heavier) with the purchase of my new scale. (See "OMG! Here's a Funny Story" thread for the goofy details)
http://www.popularvirals.com/images/weight-loss/weight-loss-0977.gif

I still can say that I have a weight loss though. I have increased my acitivities but have not "exercised", which was in the plan last week. I have been working so hard on yard and house chores and repairs (staining 4 outdoor decks, weeding, cutting lawns, splitting firewood) that I really haven't had the time. It isn't the cardio that I need to get healthier and build up endurance. I will keep working on that.

I am still sticking fairly well to the diet and I see progress. I think it is fairly easy run on will power the first month. Now I am finding that I am thinking beyond the diet and how to change my lifestyle and food choices so that it isn't a DIET anymore.

This week is a "reflection" week!

zoodoo613
06-22-2011, 09:34 AM
More on numbers. Yesterday marked my 100th day of tracking. An entirely arbitrary number, but I noticed it. Also yesterday, even though my weight was above 200, my average for the previous week was below 200. Speaking of another arbitrary number. The scale was no more volatile this week than any, but that 200 is a big line that you notice if you're above or below. I do enjoy playing with my spreadsheet, but I do realize it's just a game.

I'm back below 200 today, 199.4. TOM is comiing, but I don't know when. Last month it started 3 days earlier than I expected, so I'm on alert starting today.

I tried out my new shoes on the treadmill after work last night. I think I'll keep them. My feet got a little sore, but they always do on a treadmill, especially if I push the pace, so I'm not going to blame the shoes. I tried using the built in heart rate monitor on the treadmill, but it turned out I didn't trust it at all. At some point in the middle of my walk, it registered my heart rate at only 100. It then jumped up to 120 and bounced back and forth between the two, occassionally registering 130. I think it was nuts. I was going to see how quickly my heart rate recovered when I was done, but I couldn't get any answer that made sense at all.

The TV wasn't working in the gym and walking the treadmill without it was pretty dull. There were magazines around, but I didn't think to grab one until after I was done. I guess I better figure out who to tell about the TV. The gym doesn't see a lot of use, and it's possible that no one knows.

Jomo
06-22-2011, 09:40 AM
zoodoo613 - Congratulations on getting below the 200lb hurdle!

:cheer3: :cheer2: :cheer3: :cheer2:

Diana3271
06-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Jomatho I will look at Old Navy. That's a great price. Thanks for the heads up!

ETA: Back from the Dr! I like the location of the Dr's office and being able to get there first thing in the AM without too much drama. I decided to eat at McDonald's. The calories are similar to what I already eat. I did come back home and drink some more coffee, so that will take me over my normal breakfast calories.

darius
06-22-2011, 10:36 AM
zoodoo Onederland congrats!

zoodoo613
06-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Jomatho I will look at Old Navy. That's a great price. Thanks for the heads up!

ETA: Back from the Dr! I like the location of the Dr's office and being able to get there first thing in the AM without too much drama. I decided to eat at McDonald's. The calories are similar to what I already eat. I did come back home and drink some more coffee, so that will take me over my normal breakfast calories.

Does this mean you're calories for the day WON'T be 1440? What will we do?! :D

Diana3271
06-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Does this mean you're calories for the day WON'T be 1440? What will we do?! :D

Ha Ha :lol: They will probably be 1445 + :coffee: :coffee: ;) :lol:

K9Owner
06-22-2011, 11:21 AM
You’re either OP or not, right?? I’m trying to rationalize here!!! :lol:

Tuesday’s Meals
FF Cheese Omelet, Oats 263
Cabbage, Grilled Chicken, Green Beans, Almond Ricotta Crème 318
Caesar Salad with Roasted Trout, :censored: yogurt with pecans, Almond Ricotta Crème 718
Total: 1299

Walking: 170
Water: 72 oz

Sounds good huh…..up until the frozen yogurt, which added 16 extra carbs than I had allotted for, but I skipped a planned bowl of oats in the afternoon, b/c I wasn’t at home to eat. However, I told you all Toms cRAVEN bird was around and during a movie last night—which I typically don’t participate in watching—I was sooo munchie!!
I ate 2/3 cup of sf jello and a handful of cucumber slices, 4 carrot chips and 2 T Hummus!!

Not to bad with cRAVEN, but I wish I had just gone to bed!

mamakat
06-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
I'm hoping the mania is over, I won't know really until people interaction. For some reason when I have a manic episode I rage so fiercely you really only need to breathe around me for me to want to harm you. Yesterday my rage so happened was aimed at my poor daughter. I managed to stay in my room and away from her pretty much all day. She's finally old enough to stay away when we warn her.
Logically, I know exercise is a good thing for mania or depression, but I didn't feel good yesterday. At first it was body pain, then the episode than later OMG, I really was sick. So yesterday was an off day. I DID get some exercise done. I mowed the lawn which nearly made me pass out. Something was off. My heart beat went sky high and hurt like crazy. I couldn't get a rest heartbeat even after 10-15 mins. I should have stopped but I finished the yard feeling dizzy and weak, but stubborn.
So when I weighed in this morning I got a lovely surprise of another 1.6 lbs down. I have met my June goal of 5 lbs lost. Of course I'll keep going. Today's goal is to clean my downstairs (kitchen, livingroom), it's a complete mess after pushing everything out of the way for new fridge. The fridge was delivered in the evening and after mowing there was no way I was going to start cleaning then. I'll be cleaning for hours so I'm sure I'll burn something.
I hope you all have a great and healthy day :)

GainingWeightInLa
06-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Have a hair appt later (in 30 min) so I don't have time to stay right now but I had to come share a victory.....3.2 lb loss this week. It's the major woosh I've been waiting for for a month now. New low (officially) of 192.0!! Got up this morning to 191.2!! :yay: I'll BBL today!

K9Owner
06-22-2011, 11:37 AM
JOMO: I :love: that lady shooting the scale—reminds me of something Maxine would do!!!

Jo: I’m right there with ya in the no energy boat! I’m hoping my Oats kickstart my levels today or tomorrow.

Melissa: You’re certainly right about foods working differently on diff people, but it does help as a guide.

Also, just to restate the obvious, diff foods have diff effects on how people lose weight as well, despite the GI #. I can eat all the melon I want—no matter what kind—and lose weight. I can eat an 81g banana (small) and my scale stall for over a week, same is true with pineapple for me. This concept is really difficult for me to understand, but I accept the facts.

ZooDoo: “Does this mean you're calories for the day WON'T be 1440? What will we do?!” :rofl:

Diana32: I can’t even remember the last time I graced the doors of a McyD’s with my presence! Glad you’re abreast on the nutritional info before you go.

Vixsin
06-22-2011, 11:43 AM
Hi gang,

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Life was busy. So I'm down a little water weight to 191.0 so that was nice. Shooting for quality treadmill time after work. Really not enjoying my 60(ish) lb. lost plateau challenge that I am facing. I know what it is. it's because I'm getting all kinds of compliments now. "OMG! You have lost SO much weight!" "Wow! You've lost even more since the last time I saw you!" I'm trying to look at the comments differently than all other past times. Instead of relishing and basking in them, I kindly thank them for noticing and tell them that what they said makes the work I do worth it. I thought that it was working on my brain, but is it? Truly? I can feel myself wanting to ease up. I definitely haven't been nearly as disciplined since I saw my low. While I am not gaining...MUCH...I can feel the "laxing" creeping in. My eating at work is spot on as usual. It's at home, it's been hot...I'm not in the mood to prepare everything and THEN cook....again...slacking. My own fault.

I start school in Sept. I feel that I have got to get down to as low as I can so that if I need to let the reigns out a little with the exercise, THEN is the time for that. Certainly not now. I also think that I am subconsciously afraid to truly succeed and I also feel that I am entering into harder territory for weight loss where I may need to tweak my calories and eat a little more and pump up the workouts a bit. I am feeling scared about those ideas. I feel that I have the resolve and the drive to complete this, but I am having the hardest time right now "getting out of my own way"!!!!

I also think that I need to get out an issue with my sister. 2 weekends ago was my neice's graduation party. My family doesn't say much if anything about my weight loss because of me gaining and losing my whole life. It's easier not to mention it. My family is a "sweep it under the rug and not talk about it" kind of group. With that said, I was talking with my sister and joking about her ex, my neice's dad, who was in jail for a bit and now has the ankle bracelet and he was coming to the party. So I was making casual cracks about how the alarm would go off and whatnot. Harmless stuff between family. So he gets there and my flipping sister tells him everything that I said like as soon as he walked in!! :yikes: TOTALLY humiliating me! Totally alienating Kent - like how's he supposed to react to that?! Honestly, you could feel the air in the room change to a lovely shade of outrageously awkward. Anywho, what pissed me off about the whole thing is that Lori ALWAYS does this to me!!!! She's done it to me the last few times she's seen me...since I started seriously losing weight. I have feelings that she is jealous of me for some reason and that she is projecting onto me. Therefore lashing out at anything to take away any spotlight on me and paint me as a horrible person. I haven't said anything to her about this, nor have I mentioned it to anyone else. I do feel my plateau could have bearing on this so I wanted to let it out to you guys. I dont hate her but the next time I see her, if she lashes in any way, I WILL lash back. I promise you, I will hold up the mirror and tell her exactly what I see in it. I will tell her how she's making me feel and that I do not appreciate it. I have had enough of that. I will not allow her to project her crap onto me. She's nuts and let me tell ya, I've done enough Self Work over the last year to be able to confidently say that I am NOT! "Go sell crazy somewhere else. We're all stocked up here!"

Thanks for letting me get ALL of that out. I'm really sorry this is so long.

mamakat
06-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Vixsin
:hug: I wish it wasn't so tough right now for you. I know how plateaus go. Last year I was holding and I got lax too and now I'm trying to lose that regained weight. The thing about plateaus though is at least they're not moving up the scale. I know that isn't comforting at the time, but try looking in the future just a little, if you stick to your guns then come the future you won't be needing to lose gained lbs that you had already lost, in all reality you'll have lost more if you stick with it. Don't give up, you're doing great.
I completely get not wanting to prepare and cook food after a long day. I hate cooking (I don't do it). I can't give any suggestions here because I just know the feeling. Oh, I'm just pulling this out of a hat, would it be possible to cook several meals on days you have more time (as mothers there is no such thing as days off...like from work), even though its still going to be hot and most likely you'll still be tired but if meals were made ahead of time you could warm them up on those days you just don't want to do it...you know? I don't know if that helps as I said I don't cook.
I know all about disfunctional families. I know all about sibling jealousies. And I agree with you, don't allow her to do that to you. Either don't say anything to her that you don't want repeated (because you know now she will repeat it) or lecture her on her behavior. She'll probably not cop to being jealousy. I hope things get better. Sometimes family isn't always so supportive because they become lax in that area for whatever reason. You've got us though right, we know you are doing hard work and we can appreciate how hard it is. Up and down, high and low...we know, we know and what's more we care and support you. :) Truly. Keep your chin up, go for a walk (the chemicals released by exercise are supposed to make you feel better...or so I've been told). DON'T GIVE UP :)

berryblondeboys
06-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Zoodoo Congrats on tracking 100 days and for getting back to onederland!

Jomo Yay for the ticker!

K9owner It's weird how certain foods do certain things. I've noticed any type of salsa (homemade) and taco seasoning and sourkraut make me gain overnight. So weird. Yet ham or sausage does not which is high sodium. And that's why I want to get a prescription of test strips from my doctor. When I started this I was sedentary and 255 pounds. Now I'm active and 203 pounds and dropping. I'm sure my body will continue to change in how it reacts to foods, movement etc, so his "this should last you a month" of 10 test strips really pisses me off! I keep forgetting to change doctors, but I need to. Actually, I'm switching to the nurse practitioner. I saw her once and her I liked.

Diana in LA Congrats on the new low! You are doing so great!

Diana3271 Glad you like your new doctor! and the distance from your house.

Vixsin I understand where you are comign from. it's hard to keep up that same intense focus - really hard, but it's also OK to have a mini cool down where you can gather yourself again and go for it again. Maybe mix things up a bit with different activities to breathe some freshness to it too. And I have a trouble maker sister names Lorri. Maybe it's the name? (She's always been SUPER jealous of me and her skinnyness has been the only thing she has ever been better about, so I'm sure she's feeling threatened which means WATCH OUT!)

Mamakat Glad you are feeling better today and good job on the weightloss goal being met!

Still Glad things are going well for you and you are feeling back on track!

darius Hi!

Alaskanlaughter me too on the fruits and I'm having to figure out their effect on me too. Applies and berries ok. Watermelon - not so much which is a bummer. No watermelon in summer?

rdgrl Yep, things do get easier and easier the more you do them. it is amazing how fast the body gets fitter. truly amazing!

CSAlove I'm just starting to go to the gym and I love it. I started with a wii fit game (Walk it Out) then took to walking around our lake, gardening, and doing aerobics and strength training in my basement. I needed to do something different, so I started at the gym for classes - LOVE IT. Hope you love it too.

elizabethyellow Welcome and hi!

shishkaberry If you like it and you think you would eat it in a couple days, another alternative to mayo is avocado. Learned to do that on sandwiches when I was studying in mexico. It's easy here at home as we all love avocado, so one avocado on 3-4 sandwiches and then the other half next day (we coat the remaining half of the avocado with lime or lemon juice, keep it upside down on a plate and it's good next day).

abbysue I guess I don't ever think of how many calories I can eat in a day. I eat for hunger and try to keep it low carb. As I've gone along I've found I need fewer and fewer calories to feel fine. I also won't eat more even if I 'can' because if I'm nto hungry, why am I eating??? We all have to find what works for you and if tallying only when you are done eating for the day works for you - then great!

pint sized terror I read on another thread the stuff you are dealing with. Hugs to you and hoping this week is a good week for you!

As for me, I went to the step class today. I was a LOT worried after speaking to my friend who goes to a lot of classes. She said she went to BodyStep once and it was tough - like sweat running down her face tough. Now, I'm not scared of working hard, but if it was that hard for her and she exercises regular and is quite fit, that scared me a bit. Then, I got to the class and all the women in there are fit and thin. There was one or two ladies who had a bit of a stomach and weren't quite as fit as the others, but that's it. No one had the poundage I have.

At the beginning of the class the instructor asked if anyone was new to BodyStep and I raised my hand. She came over, told me a bit about the class and was glad to see I was starting on a step with no risers. It's the same step I have at home, so at least I'm used to that step too.

And so the class started. it was tough and I did take out some of the lift/propulsion, but kept about half of it in. I got about 90% of the choreography and was able to make it the whole class. After class the lady who was working out behind me and the instructor came to me and said I did great. So, that made me feel good. I guess I am getting fitter and fitter all the time. This gut and these thighs will be gone soon enough.

I'm beginnign to feel the muscle aches from the zumba classes and will probably feel it from the step class too, so going to the pool with the kids later today should feel good on my achy muscles.

And last day of school !!!! Woohoo! My baby has finished kindergarten and my older son has finished 9th grade. We plan to have a great, great summer!

Have a great day everyone! (But you know I'll be lurking here all the time!)

alaskanlaughter
06-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Good morning! :) I'm slowly getting rid of the sugars that I ate last Friday and Saturday...bad combination of making cupcakes with the kids and a birthday party on Saturday...i know that when i get into ketosis, it kills my cravings and i lose weight much better...i'm slowly getting back into ketosis, holding at "trace" on the sticks since last night...aiming for another day of under 50 carbs and no sugar...5 kids here today and it might even be more sunny out today! hoping to get temps above 60 so we can play in the water

alaskanlaughter
06-22-2011, 01:50 PM
melissa/berry - your kids are almost the same age as mine! i hardly ever see people with that age difference between kids....i have a 5 year old boy who will be in kindergarten in the fall and a 13 year old boy who will be in 8th grade in the fall....wow time sure flies, can't believe he'll be getting a learner's permit this year when he turns 14 lol

berryblondeboys
06-22-2011, 01:53 PM
melissa/berry - your kids are almost the same age as mine! i hardly ever see people with that age difference between kids....i have a 5 year old boy who will be in kindergarten in the fall and a 13 year old boy who will be in 8th grade in the fall....wow time sure flies, can't believe he'll be getting a learner's permit this year when he turns 14 lol

No learner's permit here until they are almost 16. My son is the baby of the class (well, not quite, there are younger, but he has an Aug. 29th birthday, so he's still 14). I like the big age gap for now anyway - it's basically like raising two singletons - they both got the attention they needed when they were small. It might feel differently when my oldest goes away to college though!

amy3469
06-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi all! This week is still going pretty well. Then again, I am still only 3 days into this! But, it's looking promising. Does everyone exercise regularly? I'm hoping for 6 days a week, is that pretty much the norm?
Hope everyone's having a good week!

mamakat
06-22-2011, 02:14 PM
awesome job Diana LA

jomatho
06-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Workout checkin: Got in a 50 minute walk with my friend then came home and this is what I did in the pool:
10 laps butterfly
10 laps freestyle
10 laps back stroke
10 laps side stroke to the right
10 laps side stroke to the left
10 laps just kicking while holding a kick board (no upper body)
10 laps frog kicking while holding a kick board (no upper body)

I think that is it, so thats 70, tomorrow I will try for 80. Also tomorrow, my friend can't walk, so I will start out with a run, then swim. Maybe I should bike too and do a little triathalon! We'll see.

I am a little pooped right now, but trying to keep myself busy because I feel like taking a nap :lol:

berryblondeboys
06-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Workout checkin: Got in a 50 minute walk with my friend then came home and this is what I did in the pool:
10 laps butterfly
10 laps freestyle
10 laps back stroke
10 laps side stroke to the right
10 laps side stroke to the left
10 laps just kicking while holding a kick board (no upper body)
10 laps frog kicking while holding a kick board (no upper body)

I think that is it, so thats 70, tomorrow I will try for 80. Also tomorrow, my friend can't walk, so I will start out with a run, then swim. Maybe I should bike too and do a little triathalon! We'll see.

I am a little pooped right now, but trying to keep myself busy because I feel like taking a nap :lol:

Look at you go in the pool! How many yards are your laps? And butterfly is something I could never figure out. I felt like I was going to drown!

mamakat
06-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Amy,
I try to exercise 6 times a week. I've been reading Dr. Oz's book and he says walking 30 mins every day does the work that our body needs to lose weight. I'm not sure if I believe that unless it's a good hard/fast walk. But I know walking is great for losing weight. I bike (recumbant bike). I try to get 8 miles in 30 mins. I don't want to miss more than one day though.
Glad that things look promising in these 3 days. Keep up the good work! The more you use it, the more you lose it...is that how it goes :p

alaskanlaughter
06-22-2011, 02:32 PM
No learner's permit here until they are almost 16. My son is the baby of the class (well, not quite, there are younger, but he has an Aug. 29th birthday, so he's still 14). I like the big age gap for now anyway - it's basically like raising two singletons - they both got the attention they needed when they were small. It might feel differently when my oldest goes away to college though!

yes i really enjoy the age difference! especially when my older son was younger, because he was diagnosed with ADHD when he was about 5 and so his younger years were quite the experience! i was also very young at the time and didnt have the years of experience working with children that i do now....

we also had several other children in the mix for many years but none of them are with us now...we had custody of DH's niece from when she was 14 until really when she turned 18 but she only lived with us from about 14-16 and then lived elsewhere but we still had custody in case anything happened to her, since we were the only family in town that she had....the rest lived north on the coast in a native village....so we had her with us for awhile as well as her boyfriend, who came from a dysfunctional poverty-ridden family, and he stayed with us more often than not....and then when she was 16 she got pregnant (not when she lived with us/also not by her bf) and so then her baby lived with us....her baby lived with us even after she and bf moved out...but now they've all gone back to live in the native village

K9Owner
06-22-2011, 02:35 PM
:rain: ALL friggin week!! GROSS!!
Send back my :sunny: so I can go outside!
I just want to take a nap! UGH!!

amy3469
06-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks mamakat! That sounds a lot like what I'm trying. I'm doing 20 before work and then 20-30 after on the bike. I was wondering about his book. Are you liking it?
Also, does it take awhile for your ticker to appear? I made one, but it doesn't show.

berryblondeboys
06-22-2011, 02:41 PM
yes i really enjoy the age difference! especially when my older son was younger, because he was diagnosed with ADHD when he was about 5 and so his younger years were quite the experience! i was also very young at the time and didnt have the years of experience working with children that i do now....

we also had several other children in the mix for many years but none of them are with us now...we had custody of DH's niece from when she was 14 until really when she turned 18 but she only lived with us from about 14-16 and then lived elsewhere but we still had custody in case anything happened to her, since we were the only family in town that she had....the rest lived north on the coast in a native village....so we had her with us for awhile as well as her boyfriend, who came from a dysfunctional poverty-ridden family, and he stayed with us more often than not....and then when she was 16 she got pregnant (not when she lived with us/also not by her bf) and so then her baby lived with us....her baby lived with us even after she and bf moved out...but now they've all gone back to live in the native village

That had to be tough with your niece. You try your best and that's all you can do. My oldest have very,very strong ADHD, so I totally get it. My other son is high functioning autistic. Two is plenty, believe me!

berryblondeboys
06-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks mamakat! That sounds a lot like what I'm trying. I'm doing 20 before work and then 20-30 after on the bike. I was wondering about his book. Are you liking it?
Also, does it take awhile for your ticker to appear? I made one, but it doesn't show.

It's in the user cp section, but no ticker for 21 or so days and at least 20 posts or something like that. You can't post links either. It's a way they use to weed out .spammers and people here trying to sell their product or business.

mamakat
06-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Amy,
I'll just say this about the book, go to your public library and check it out first. I bought it a long time ago and just got bored of all the technical stuff. I picked it back up this weekend hoping to look up some recipes so that I could help out my husband with cooking. But the chapter titles' caught my attention and I got sucked into reading again :p Buying a book at that price and then not actually applying it to my daily life sort of hurt my wallet. BUT he did say exercise up to a 30 mins is good and you could do it in 10minute intervals. So I think you're on the right track :)

mamakat
06-22-2011, 03:06 PM
:rain: ALL friggin week!! GROSS!!
Send back my :sunny: so I can go outside!
I just want to take a nap! UGH!!

Usually I like the rain, but I think I agree with you today. It's icky and painful, I want to go back to bed.

shishkeberry
06-22-2011, 03:33 PM
@berry In fact, I love avocado (i could easily eat a whole bowl of guacamole), but I think that I might be allergic to it. The last couple times that I've eaten it, I got really sick and crampy. Which sucks, because I love it.
I have an almost 7 yo ds with suspected ADHD. We're starting to see a therapist but he hasn't been officially dx yet. He is a handful, my god. Always getting into trouble and can never sit still or be quiet. I'm hoping this doesn't last. It sounds horrible, but I was thrilled that he got accepted to a free day camp this summer so I don't have him driving me crazy all morning. I miss him, but yet I don't kwim?
In other news, I'm down to a new low of 271.8. :D i was exhausted this morning and I almost talked myself out of going to the gym, but I made myself go anyway and I'm glad I did. Now that it's over I feel better

alaskanlaughter
06-22-2011, 04:02 PM
it's 66 outside and mostly sunny!! the kids played on the water slide on the lawn for awhile and now most of them are drying off in the sun and drawing with sidewalk chalk on the street (we live at the end of a quiet culdesac)

berryblondeboys
06-22-2011, 04:05 PM
@berry In fact, I love avocado (i could easily eat a whole bowl of guacamole), but I think that I might be allergic to it. The last couple times that I've eaten it, I got really sick and crampy. Which sucks, because I love it.
I have an almost 7 yo ds with suspected ADHD. We're starting to see a therapist but he hasn't been officially dx yet. He is a handful, my god. Always getting into trouble and can never sit still or be quiet. I'm hoping this doesn't last. It sounds horrible, but I was thrilled that he got accepted to a free day camp this summer so I don't have him driving me crazy all morning. I miss him, but yet I don't kwim?
In other news, I'm down to a new low of 271.8. :D i was exhausted this morning and I almost talked myself out of going to the gym, but I made myself go anyway and I'm glad I did. Now that it's over I feel better

Bummer about the avocado - allergic? You might be the first person I've heard who has an allergy!

And ADHD is no joke. my teenager, a really good kid (never getting into any 'real' trouble) is way more work than my son with autism now that the little one sleeps.

And well, some kids get better with ADHD, but for most, it's lifelong but they learn to deal with it a bit and maturity helps as how their ADHD manifests is different. Like now it's forgetting homework - turning it in, getting it back and so on.

K9Owner
06-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Yesterday, I decided to go shopping—yet again in search of flippies—a black pair. I have completely worn all the ones I have OUT!
So, I pop into Gap Outlet, just to browse, and wouldn’t ya know—I am in a 10!! :carrot:
Well today, since it’s :rain: I went upstairs and shopped in my attic through all of the summer clothes I wore in ’07—which happens to be the last time I was at the :beach: ! I found so many CUTE shorts, tops, dresses, skirts—THAT FIT!! :woohoo: I haven’t even bothered to get them out from ’08-now, b/c I knew I was to heavy for them. NSV for me!!
And I saved a bunch of $$ too!!

berryblondeboys
06-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Yesterday, I decided to go shopping—yet again in search of flippies—a black pair. I have completely worn all the ones I have OUT!
So, I pop into Gap Outlet, just to browse, and wouldn’t ya know—I am in a 10!! :carrot:
Well today, since it’s :rain: I went upstairs and shopped in my attic through all of the summer clothes I wore in ’07—which happens to be the last time I was at the :beach: ! I found so many CUTE shorts, tops, dresses, skirts—THAT FIT!! :woohoo: I haven’t even bothered to get them out from ’08-now, b/c I knew I was to heavy for them. NSV for me!!
And I saved a bunch of $$ too!!

That's awesome! Congrats to you! Attic shopping would only find me insulation and probably mouse poop, but glad it found you a nice new wardrobe for summer!

amy3469
06-22-2011, 04:16 PM
That is awesome K9! Thanks for the info., Berry and Mamkat!
I kind of thought the ticker might not show because of that 21 day thing I saw. Makes sense though.
This really is an awesome site, so much support! :)

abbysue715
06-22-2011, 04:42 PM
I just love how everyone on here is so nice! Sorry I dont do many personals, I run daycare and have a 14 week old son so Im not always doing things with both hands!

I never could get the hang of the butterfly stroke either, I just looked like I was having a seizure in the water when I tried it.

Food was okay yesterday. I had a TERRIBLE headache last night. Not sure why, I have been drinking plenty of water. Anyways it made me want to eat to feel better...old habits die hard.

B: 1 cup spinach
1 tsp evoo
2 eggs
2 slices of bacon

L: 2 slices of bread
pastrami
spinach
lettuce
mustard
1 T mayo
1 orange

D: Lettuce
spinach
.25 cup of salsa
.25 cup of shredded cheese
1 cup black beans
1 cup ground beef

s: 2 cups sf chocolate pudding
11 animal crackers

It is what it is. I have stopped tracking my calories altogether for now. For me, it was beginning to become a head game. I have a history with OCD so that was a red flag for me. Still going to write down what I am eating and how much I am eating. But for right now unless the scale stops moving down I am going to just continue doing what I have been doing.

I got my bodybogg. Today is the first day that I have been wearing it. I am very excited to see what I am burning in a day so I know how to increase it. Just wearing it is motivating enough for me to keep moving more!

Alaskanlaughter- its crazy to me that its 66 and thats water weather for you guys! Im in phoenix, AZ and 66 is bundle up and stay inside time!

alaskanlaughter
06-22-2011, 05:10 PM
i can't track calories plus track carbs...it's such a head game for me too and i get far too obsessive...i have to just stick with tracking carbs for my blood sugar levels and so far it's working

yes, the kids have been outside most of the morning and it's far warmer than usual here...gotta take advantage of the nice weather here, it's been pretty rainy this summer like usual

berryblondeboys
06-22-2011, 06:13 PM
I have never tracked my water before today, but I have a container in front of me and I know how many times I've filled it. Man, I drink a lot! So far today (it's 5:15) 120 ounces.

elizabethyellow
06-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Abbysue715 I'm in Phoenix as well, and I know what you mean! Just the thought of playing on a water slide in 66* weather makes me cringe! Although, I'm sure Alaskanlaughter would faint at the thought of our high today - 113*! Good luck to you, and I hope you feel better/don't experience the headache again tonight.

alaskanlaughter
06-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Abbysue715 I'm in Phoenix as well, and I know what you mean! Just the thought of playing on a water slide in 66* weather makes me cringe! Although, I'm sure Alaskanlaughter would faint at the thought of our high today - 113*! Good luck to you, and I hope you feel better/don't experience the headache again tonight.

yes i definitely wouldn't like to be in that kind of temperatures...the highest it gets here in the summers where i live is in the mid-80s for a week or so at a time...up north where i grew up, it got into the low-90s for a week or so at a time...do you guys have air conditioning down there? i've heard about that in homes and such but i've never had that...

abbysue715
06-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Its pretty much unheard of not to have air conditioning down here!!

I got to update my ticker! And change my chick to a 60!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh so happy! Im just 19 pounds away from where I was as a senior in high school!

abbysue715
06-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Elizabeth- I am out in mesa. Its crazy hot here today. But all the kiddos still wanted to play outside all morning long. Its not too bad since we have a covered patio and half the yard is shaded in the morning. But I still hear it every afternoon after nap when we do only inside activities.

shishkeberry
06-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Congrats on sixty lost, abby!

Diana3271
06-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

I am going to try to get into bed early tonight. I won't be able to do personals. Our dog Magnum seems to be OK now. I was really worried about him last night.

I hope you have a nice evening and sleep well. :grouphug:

Total Approx 1445 + :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: :lol:

Breakfast 370 calories + :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:
Egg McMuffin w/extra egg 370 Calories
4 super duper large cups of coffee + cream & sugar :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled Mahi Tacos (damn they were good! :drool:) 600 calories
Sauce 100 Calories

Exercise:
TF HIIT 25
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (Premix Sculpt, Legs, and Boxing w/weighted gloves & 8's & 10's)

alaskanlaughter
06-22-2011, 10:11 PM
i'm doing good at eating here today...right at 30 carbs total right now...will have a few more later with a healthy dinner of some kind of meat and some kind of veggies LOL...still hot here, hot being about 67 for alaska lol

K9Owner
06-23-2011, 12:21 AM
Had a great OP day, with the exception of :rain:

FF Cheese Omelet, Oats 269
Cabbage, Grilled Chicken Strips, Black Beans, Green Beans 323
Greek Yogurt, Polaner All Fruit, String Cheese 130
Grilled Salmon on Spinach Caesar Salad, Jello 601
Total: 1323

Water: 72 oz
K9 Walk: 272

Alaskan: I would absolutely FREEZE to death where you live. I am cold sometimes in the summer at night at work here, and it get to be like 102F-110F. It has to be AT LEAST 90F for me to even consider water activities outside. I can be outside with shorts and tanks--even a swimsuit, but if I swim or canoe, it has to be at least 90F!

AbbySue: :yay: for you! Geaux Girl!!!

To all of you distraught about the :sunny: feel free to send it SOUTH! I'll send you a few scattered/isolated thunderstorms, some hail, and a few tornadoes! :p

alaskanlaughter
06-23-2011, 01:34 AM
wow i haven't seen 90-degree weather here in about 6 years! we happened to be camping the last time it got into the 90s and i laid on the beach for at least two days and spent some time in the sun on the water helping with the crab pots (anyone else ever catch crab in the ocean?) and i burned so bad that i blistered and got sun sick and actually missed work (which i have to be dead to miss) because of it...it hurt so bad to put aloe vera on it, or clothes, or sleep lol

it's still "hot" outside, about 63 right now and cooling off...i need a cold shower...it's been hot today lol

i ended at 58 carbs for the day, just above my 50 cut off...i was tempted to have something slightly higher-carb but i stuck with it and ended only just above...i'm tired too...i've had all 5 kids all day and then cooked dinner, finished cleaning the kitchen, ran errands, watered the neighbor's flowers (she's on vacation) and finished tidying up

Diana3271
06-23-2011, 08:27 AM

Speaking of temperatures, yesterday my office was 85* :eek: It was tough doing my workout! The A/C in the office can't keep up because the temps/humidity are too high outside. Yesterday was close to 100* (in the shade) plus we had an even higher heat index! Crazy stuff! It's too early in the season to be getting this hot.

Weigh In: 144.2
Down: 1.4 pounds

jomatho
06-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Whoops! Once I read your comments about the butterfly, I dawned on me, it wasn't the butterfly, it was the breast stroke!:lol: I can't do the butterfly very well either, but I love the breast stroke, works all the muscles I need the most work on, especially inner thighs and hips!
So I am down a measly 0.4 today, but heading in the right direction anyways. Still about 3 pounds up from where I was and really want to be again :(.
My plan today was to run and then swim, but I think I may need a day off. I am sore from neck to toes!!!! I guess switching it up has really targeted some different muscles, or maybe all of them :lol: I think I may run my errands today instead so that I am still moving and getting in some steps, but no formal exercise. Baseball tonight, so no changing my mind and doing it later.
I ate what I planned yesterday besides having an extra large salad with my dinner because no one else wanted any and it needed to be finished yesterday. I love my salads every night!
So thats me today, not much to report, striving for a perfectly on plan day!

jomatho
06-23-2011, 08:33 AM
Its pretty much unheard of not to have air conditioning down here!!

I got to update my ticker! And change my chick to a 60!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh so happy! Im just 19 pounds away from where I was as a senior in high school!

:woohoo: for you!!! 60 pounds is awesome!!!:carrot:

jomatho
06-23-2011, 08:36 AM
I have never tracked my water before today, but I have a container in front of me and I know how many times I've filled it. Man, I drink a lot! So far today (it's 5:15) 120 ounces.

Holy Crap! I need to drink more like you! My good days are just over 100 oz., but most days between 64-96. I was drinking much more the month I was doing all the running and had much less fluctuating on the scale, don't know if it was all the drinking or all the sweating or both. Need to get back to that, I hate fluctuations (up)!

jomatho
06-23-2011, 08:40 AM
I just love how everyone on here is so nice! Sorry I dont do many personals, I run daycare and have a 14 week old son so Im not always doing things with both hands!

I never could get the hang of the butterfly stroke either, I just looked like I was having a seizure in the water when I tried it.

Food was okay yesterday. I had a TERRIBLE headache last night. Not sure why, I have been drinking plenty of water. Anyways it made me want to eat to feel better...old habits die hard.

B: 1 cup spinach
1 tsp evoo
2 eggs
2 slices of bacon

L: 2 slices of bread
pastrami
spinach
lettuce
mustard
1 T mayo
1 orange

D: Lettuce
spinach
.25 cup of salsa
.25 cup of shredded cheese
1 cup black beans
1 cup ground beef

s: 2 cups sf chocolate pudding
11 animal crackers

It is what it is. I have stopped tracking my calories altogether for now. For me, it was beginning to become a head game. I have a history with OCD so that was a red flag for me. Still going to write down what I am eating and how much I am eating. But for right now unless the scale stops moving down I am going to just continue doing what I have been doing.

I got my bodybogg. Today is the first day that I have been wearing it. I am very excited to see what I am burning in a day so I know how to increase it. Just wearing it is motivating enough for me to keep moving more!

Alaskanlaughter- its crazy to me that its 66 and thats water weather for you guys! Im in phoenix, AZ and 66 is bundle up and stay inside time!

I have a bodybugg too, but haven't been wearing it since I am in short sleeves now. I hate all the comments and questions about it. Plus, I sort of know what I am burning daily since I have worn it for so long. I may go back to it in the fall and as I get closer to goal weight so I know what kinds of burns I am getting then, but my subscription runs out in a month. May look into something else that I don't have to pay a subscription for. It really is interesting and motivating. Let us know what your burns are looking like. Are you using the website to track or anything?

berryblondeboys
06-23-2011, 09:19 AM
I was sooooo hoping that some of the water weight was coming off, but alas, just another .2 down. Ugh! Being stuck for 20 days and movement for only 10 is getting old, old, old. It's hard to know if what I'm doing is the right thing when I stand still or go up every single month. I can only know if what I'm doing is right is if/when the monthly whoosh happens! It is incredibly frustrating.

While I know weight loss is not linear, most people don't have such huge starts and stops like I do. So please everyone remember, when I have several days of big drops, that it's a month in the making and it will dry up soon enough and I'll be stuck - again. Of course, that's "IF" I get the big drop this month! How can I know for sure?

First day of summer vacation here! Woohoo!

berryblondeboys
06-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Holy Crap! I need to drink more like you! My good days are just over 100 oz., but most days between 64-96. I was drinking much more the month I was doing all the running and had much less fluctuating on the scale, don't know if it was all the drinking or all the sweating or both. Need to get back to that, I hate fluctuations (up)!

I think I ended up with about 145 ounces. I've been up for an hour and a half and I'm already at 20 ounces. I guess I'm just thirsty a lot!

iamerican
06-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Hey everyone! I love the activity on this thread. I was misisng yesterday and most of Tuesday. I have been doing good, but had a migraine last night so I went to bed early and slept in. It felt amazing. More updates and personals after work! Have a great day!

berryblondeboys
06-23-2011, 11:45 AM
First day of summer and I let the big kid sleep until 10 am. WHich means, how exhausted is he when we have to wake him up at 6:30 am every morning?

Of course the little one woke up at 6:50 am when the alarm was set for 7 am for a nice sleep in! So much for more sleep. WHy couldn't he choose today for a "sleep until 8 am day"?

Not doing the gym this morning. No class is appealing to me. Might do Zumba or Aqua Zumba this evening. We'll see. My big plan is to get to Home Depot to get some cinder blocks to try to block out the ground hog from my tomato plants!

Vixsin
06-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Just a quick check in for me before my meeting.

DOWN 1.6 today to 189.4. :yay: Got me a run in last night for 25 minutes!!! I :love: my treadmill!! And the best part....I got 8 FULL HOURS OF UNDISTURBED SLEEP LAST NIGHT!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

I am starting to feel more like myself today!!! Thanks for holding me up when I needed it!! :grouphug:

elizabethyellow
06-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Good morning Ladies! Yesterday was a fairly good day for me: I went to lunch earlier than usual so I did not eat my nutrigrain bar. I had my usual Eating Right brand lunch, 350 calories, and for dinner we had roast chicken (I had breast meat), steamed brocolli, white bean salad, and garlic bread... the bread was not the best idea but I figured I was beneath my calorie limit so I might as well go for it. My water intake was lower yesterday so I am trying to make up for it today. Back down to 150 this morning - we'll see if I can get to my goal of 148 by Sunday! Fingers crossed!!

berryblondeboys
06-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Yay Vixsin! I swear the secret to weight loss and fitness is good sleep! Glad you are feeling better!

elizabethyellow
06-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Vixsin: So glad to hear you are feeling more like yourself today! And congratulations on both your treadmill and sleep victories :)

berryblondeboys: Woo hoo summer vacation!! I hope you make it to your classes tonight and kick butt in them! Also, I'm aspiring to get up to your water level - right now I'm around 55oz a day. Today I hope to get up to 64oz!

iamerican: Good to hear you are feeling better! A good day to you, as well.

jomatho: What is this bodybugg everyone is talking about here? What does it do? And I know what you mean, I'm trying to get to Melissa's water level as well! :)

Diana3271: WHEW that's a lot of coffee! Glad to hear your dog is doing well, and congrats on your weight loss :)

alaskanlaughter: Great job yesterday! Look at you being super mommy! :) Keep up the great work.

K9Owner: Hmm.. I'll take the clouds. That's all. :) GREAT JOB staying on plan today!

Vixsin
06-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Diana - I feel like you today with all of my analyzing as I was driving in this morning. :lol: I love it! :hug:

So I think I need to up my calories. I've been eating steady in the 1300 - 1500 range since I started keeping pretty close to 1400. Now that I am in this battle with 188 - 193, I am thinking that my body is telling me to eat more. I have given the advice to "eat more to lose weight" to many people recently and I think it's time to follow my own advice! I am feeling that my loss is slowing down because I am only 20-ish pounds away from the top of my healthy weight range. I feel that I may be creating too much of a calorie deficit with my eating AND the exercise. So I am thinking of tweaking the eating a bit to trick my body into feeling more satisfied and able to let go of the weight I want it to.

I looked up my BMR and without exercise I should be eating approx. 1600 calories. Add in my light exercise 2 - 3 times a week and I should be eating closer to 2200 calories. Based on these numbers, if I bring my calories up to an average of 1600 everyday and continue with, at the minimum, a 25 min run twice a week, I should be able to lose at a reasonable pace of roughly a pound a week.

I'm starting today, so I will evaluate how I think things are going by the end of this month.

zoodoo613
06-23-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm just exhausted today! I'm blaming the weather. Gray, gray, gray. Ugh.

New low this morning, 198.2, although I suspect slight dehydration may be at play. We'll see how that plays out.

After dinner yesterday, I brought my son back to the office with me and he played on the various workout equipment while I walked on the treadmill. He had a lot of fun and I got a good workout (hence the possible dehydration). He'd like to do it again, which is fine by me. Anywhere else he wouldn't be allowed on the stuff because he's too young, but I trust him, and no one else is around to care.

There's doughnuts in the kitchen. Why?! No logical explanation for them. I'm trying the wait it out technique. Wish me luck!

amy3469
06-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Sounds like everyone is doing great!
I actually worked out quite a bit today. I'm off work the next 4 days and can probably get more in, which is great! I did 12 miles in 30 minutes on my stationary bike and then did another 8 in 20 minutes. did some ab and arm stuff. This week has been so good, I'm almost waiting for a screw up! Isn't that terrible? I think it's that just starting out ambition and excitement or something.

Diana3271
06-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Jomatho Congrats on the .4! Down is down! It all adds up over time.

Berry Congrats on the .2! Again, down is down. I'm sure you will have a whoosh soon. Is there any chance that you are not eating enough? Are you sleeping enough? The sleeping and sodium and get me every time. Good luck with the ground hog fight. My tomato plants are about done. I have kept them watered every day, but it's just too hot. I doubt that they will last another week.

Iamerican Sorry about the migraine. Congrats on the good sleep, though. It makes such a difference in a life when we sleep well.

Vixsin Great job on the 1.6 pounds and getting some sleep! That sleep is so important to us. We really need it. Oh no! Not another science experiment! :lol: Hee Hee! I think it's a great idea. Like you said, try it until the first of the month and see how it goes.

Elizabethyellow Thank you. Great job, yesterday! Good luck on your goal. I hope you make it. :carrot:

Zoodoo Congrats on the new low!

Amy Great job on the 12 miles on the s. bike. You have control over your situation. You make the choice if you are going to mess up. Have confidence in yourself and don't do it. Things are going very well for you. :hug:

jomatho
06-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Remember how I said I was taking the day off due to being sore and then this afternoon we had baseball games? Well, I am not sore anymore and the baseball games are cancelled due to rain. So I was trying to come up with some other excuse as to why I couldn't work out today and then came on here to catch up. After reading about all of you, I have decided to go hit the treadmill and then hopefully go for a swim! Thanks guys, you are inspiring even when you don't know it! Gotta get these stubborn extra pounds off and get back to my low (insert evil eye here). Funny because I even feel fatter right now, which I am sure is all in my head, but I don't like it one bit! Ok, off to go sweat!

berryblondeboys
06-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Diana - I feel like you today with all of my analyzing as I was driving in this morning. :lol: I love it! :hug:

So I think I need to up my calories. I've been eating steady in the 1300 - 1500 range since I started keeping pretty close to 1400. Now that I am in this battle with 188 - 193, I am thinking that my body is telling me to eat more. I have given the advice to "eat more to lose weight" to many people recently and I think it's time to follow my own advice! I am feeling that my loss is slowing down because I am only 20-ish pounds away from the top of my healthy weight range. I feel that I may be creating too much of a calorie deficit with my eating AND the exercise. So I am thinking of tweaking the eating a bit to trick my body into feeling more satisfied and able to let go of the weight I want it to.

I looked up my BMR and without exercise I should be eating approx. 1600 calories. Add in my light exercise 2 - 3 times a week and I should be eating closer to 2200 calories. Based on these numbers, if I bring my calories up to an average of 1600 everyday and continue with, at the minimum, a 25 min run twice a week, I should be able to lose at a reasonable pace of roughly a pound a week.

I'm starting today, so I will evaluate how I think things are going by the end of this month.

Vixsin - are you sure your end weight is a good one for you? You are pretty tall. Do you feel you still have 20 pounds of 'flab' on you?

And I'm about to starting adding some calories in too. I was eating 1100-1200 the last few weeks and I think that's making me cranky. So, I'm upping mine to 1400.

It's just so hard to know what is the right balance. What we both know though, is that 1400 or 1600 is not too much!

berryblondeboys
06-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Berry Congrats on the .2! Again, down is down. I'm sure you will have a whoosh soon. Is there any chance that you are not eating enough? Are you sleeping enough? The sleeping and sodium and get me every time. Good luck with the ground hog fight. My tomato plants are about done. I have kept them watered every day, but it's just too hot. I doubt that they will last another week.

I am upping them. I think another thing that was subconsciously affecting me was that my calorie counter was saying I should eat around 1150 and I was doing that.

I changed my activity level from sedentary to low active and voila it now says I can eat 1406. I may feel my life is sedentary, but I run errands a lot, I spend at least 2 hours on my feet every day cooking, baking, cleaning up. I go up and down stairs a couple dozen times a day, water plants outside for 30-45 minutes every day and so on. I really, truly don't lead a sedentary life. Plus, I'm upping the intensity of my workouts, so I need to be more reasonable with my eating. I just can't trust the feeling of hunger any more. I wasn't feeling hungry, so I wasn't eating. Ironically, today I decided to start eating around 1400 and all of a sudden I'm hungry today! LOL I'll end up around 1450 today and I'm not going to feel bad about that!

abbysue715
06-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Yesterdays food

B: .75 cup of uncle sam cereal
.50 cup of 2%milk
1 packet truvia

L: 6 inch turkey sandwich from subway wheat bread
all veggies -tomatoes.
light mayo
mustard
sweet onion sauce
2 servings baked chips

D: repeat of lunch

Felt extremely hungry last night and I think it was due to the baked chips. It seems once I get started munching on empty calories it just gets harder and harder to resist going back for more. I didn't even have a nightly snack because I knew if I went in the kitchen for any reason it wouldn't end well. So instead the baby and I just went upstairs earlier than usual. I watched a movie on netflix while he nursed and we both fell asleep by 9.

Elizabeth - A bodybug is a little device you wear on your upper right arm and it tracks how many calories you burn in a day. You use it in conjunction with the computer program. Everyday you put it on and every night you upload all your information.

Jomatho, yesterday was the first day I wore it all day and I am a little upset with my number. Just a measly 1800 and I worked out. I am terribly out of shape so I was only able to get in 20 minutes of the dvd before I had to cool down and stretch. Oh well got to have a starting point right? All that means is there is tons of room for improvement!

I am going to set the alarm for 530am tomorrow to wake up the baby and nurse him and another alarm for 6 so we can get out of bed and go for a walk. The other kids dont get here until 7 and its not too terrible out that early. I just know if we wait until the end of the day it will be one thing or another. I am not going to commit to any kind of a routine yet. We will try it tomorrow and see how it goes. I just know if I wait until the baby starts sleeping through the night so that I can sleep through the night it will never happen.

To anyone that weighs everyday, do you update your ticker daily or just once a week?

Been better with food today. Will post it all tomorrow.

alaskanlaughter
06-23-2011, 05:22 PM
:carrot::carrot:I have news!!:carrot::carrot:

One of the boys who consider me their "second mom" called me up today and said "mommy? can i come over?"....he's almost 18 by the way...he came over and visited for a bit before breaking the news that "You're gonna be a grandma" :D Yes, him and his girlfriend are pregnant...He seems very excited and is very involved with this. Scared and young, but it's motivated him already to get two 3/4-time jobs in town and he's even considering staying with one solely for the health insurance that it will bring in a few months time.

I always told him, for years upon years, that I'm too young to be a grandma LOL i'm only 34 right now and i've known him since he was about 12....his family is full of drama and doesnt' pay attention to him or his little sister very much...he always falls back on his "second family" when his first one isn't there for him

mamakat
06-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone,
Ugh, I don't even know how I feel right now :p I had a bad day yesterday (weather kicked my butt) so I decided to sleep it off. Which meant that I DID NOT exercise. Then I woke up an hour or so before dinner and was up till 6am this morning...bluck. I step till 9.30-ish and decided nothing is going to change unless I change it. So after an hour of waking up, I donned on my workout clothes and went downstairs to basement gym. I decided to work out for a full hour bringing me to 17 miles and 300 calories lost. Yay me, yay it's done. I dipped into the 240's yesterday but am at 250 today...I'm good with that. I'm just glad it stopped raining and that I caught up on missed miles/minutes. :)

berryblondeboys
06-23-2011, 05:25 PM
For those of you talking about bodyBugg, I'm thinking of getting this for me and my son. I think it's awesome!

http://www.s2h.com/welcome

berryblondeboys
06-23-2011, 05:27 PM
For those of you talking about bodyBugg, I'm thinking of getting this for me and my son. I think it's awesome! I'm just not sure if I want to wait until the step counter is out or not.

Diana3271
06-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Berry Something interesting about the whole eating enough and hunger thing. Remember I mentioned about my friend, who is doing WW? She was never hungry before (but she was gaining weight). Now she is counting her points, eating more and on a regular basis. She is actually getting hungry now and losing weight. I think the fact that she is eating on a regular schedule and eating more has boosted her metabolism.

abbysue715
06-23-2011, 06:20 PM
That's way lighter on the pocketbook compared to the bodybug!

jomatho
06-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Yay me! I got in a 3 mile run and a 1/2 mile swim (80 laps). I was surprised how many laps it takes to swim a mile. Maybe by the end of summer I will be able to swim a mile. I am super happy that I did something today instead of taking a rest day!
Abbysue, not sure if you typed that right, but the bodybugg is worn on your left arm, I think it reads better there or something due to proximity to the heart maybe? It is truly eye opening isn't it? Your burn does sound low though. You are young (I think) and nursing and working out, I would expect you would be at least high 2000s. I am 41 and on a day I work out and run around a lot (like today), I would burn between 3000 and 3600. On a very sedentary day, watching movies, napping, (that sounds like a nice day right about now:lol:) I would burn about 2200-2600. My average is about 2800 and that is what I shot for every day. Don't know if that helps you or not. Oh, also, you don't have to download every night, it will store many days worth of data for you if you need it to, I think about a weeks worth. You make me want to put mine back on again :) Oh, another thing, not sure what type of exercise you are doing, but I don't think it reads as well with elliptical or biking, so your burn would show lower. You know, I haven't worn mine in about 15-20 pounds, so I may be surprised to see my burns are lower now too! Have you ever watched the biggest loser? They wear them and get 8-10,000 calorie burns per day :yikes:! That's a lot of working out!
Mamakat, way to get yourself moving!
Vixsin, :yay: for back into the 180s and :yay: for loving your treadmill. I love mine too. I was thinking as I was swimming today that swimming is so much more boring to me that running! And I can't really think much because I am counting my darn laps!
Alaskan, wow! A grandma! That is big news!
Diana32, yes, I know down is good, but I already lost these pounds once!!! GRrrr!
Amy, you won't screw up, sounds like your head is in the right place and that is really all it takes!
Zoodoo, :yay: for a new low for you!
Vixsin and Berry, I know exactly where you guys are at right now! I too wonder if I am doing the right things, eating enough/too much, exercising enough/too much. I wonder this every single day, especially when I am stalled out!
Elizabeth, I don't think I will ever be at Melissa's water intake level :lol: I think I will just focus on more than I am getting right now. Not sure if the above posts explain the bodybugg or not, but it is basically a calorie counter where you can see how many calories you are burning in a day.
Uh, oh, gotta run, DH is home and probably hungry, sorry if I missed anyone. Keep up the good work gals!

darius
06-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Today is 40 pounds total lost for me, since Oct 2009!

shishkeberry
06-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Congrats, darius!

berryblondeboys
06-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Today is 40 pounds total lost for me, since Oct 2009!

Good job!

shishkeberry
06-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Today was kind of blah for me. I was too tired to make anything for breakfast or lunch. Dinner was something we call noodley crap, which is whole wheat spaghetti noodles, cream of mushroom soup, and ground beef. Not super healthy, but it's a favorite in this house and we have it once or twice a month. I made some changes to make it better, like the ww noodles instead of regular and reduced sodium soup.

berryblondeboys
06-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Ate more calories today than I have in awhile (1550 - so nothing horrific). Today I was just plain hungry so I ate more healthy foods.

I did Aqua Zumba and brought my mother in law with me. Not an aerobic exercise for me, but good for toning/strength training. So, four days in a row to the gym this week! Yay me!

Trying to decide between bodystep and zumba for tomorrow.

iamerican
06-23-2011, 10:25 PM
I love the kick people got out of my username. I actually thought of it when I was like in 6th grade. Someone I know who was named rich had iamrich. I loved it and made I am Erica n. I did realize the funny play on words. But I am not that patriotic :

Jomatho: Great workout! 80 laps is a bunch!

Darius: NICE JOB on the 40 pounds! Whoop!

Vixin: Nice job on the 1.6 and the SLEEP! Bringing up the calorie count sounds like it might be a good idea. I hope it works for yoU!

Berry: I hope the higher calories works for you too! I cant wait till you get to ONEDERLAND

MAMAKAT! Look at you workout queen!
I read all the threads I have missed, and could write personals for days. But to put it in a nut shell! Good job on working out and losing people! Also welcome newbies! Love hearing from everyone!

I have a crazy weekend ahead and I will be eating a glorious cupcake at work tomorrow! I am just going to try and keep it under 1800 cals! Wish me luck!

alaskanlaughter
06-23-2011, 10:29 PM
i'm at 29 carbs right now and i plan to have one corn on the cob (man, i could live off of that stuff!) and some chicken for dinner...i might have DH fix my son's bike so i can go for a bike ride later...when i'm home for 9 hours straight with 5 kids, i want to get out of the house in the evening for awhile...i figure biking is better than going for a drive or "running to the store", my favorite combination of going for a drive AND spending money LOL

Diana3271
06-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Jomatho Great job on the exercise.

Darius Congrats on the 40 pounds.

Shishkeberry I modify our foods like that, too. Also, you could add in some green beans, sugar snap peas, or some other veggie.

Berry Congrats on getting to the gym.

Iamerican Good luck on keeping the calories under 1800!

Alaskanlaugher Did you go for that bike ride?

Diana3271
06-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Hi Everyone! I ate more calories than I normally do. It was all DH fault! ;) He brought "us" a frozen peach mango yogurt smoothie thing. I think I ate the most of it though. I looked the calories up and :eek: He wasn't aware of how many calories, so it's done and over with. I just don't like having higher calorie days back to back (yesterday I had the extra coffee). I actually did an extra workout today because I had received one in trade. I wanted to try it out, but I didn't even realize that I was going to eat extra. I had the smoothie afterward, so hopefully that burned a few extra calories. Anyways, not freaking out over it. Just being mindful of what didn't work before (+145 pounds ago) and what is working now. ETA: I am less than 200 over what I normally eat. That's not bad. I thought it was a lot more than that. I just did a search online and I have found different calories for the 6 ounce sirloin than what Outback shows. I just looked at Livestrong/Daily Plate and their number coincides with what Outback says. http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/generic/top-sirloin-steak-per-ounce/ I guess I'm sticking with this number. ;)

Total Approx 1630 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Snack 400 calories :eek:
Frozen Peach Mango Yogurt Smoothie thing

Dinner (490 Calories From the Outback website)
1/3 of Bread w/less butter 160 calories
6 ounce Outback Special no butter or seasoning (wood fired grilled) 230 calories
Green Beans (no butter or seasoning) 100 calories

Exercise:
Jackie Warner's Xtreme TimeSaver Training
TF Fire 55 EZ

K9Owner
06-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Perfectly FABULAIRE OP day today!!
It was the most perfect eating/exercise day I’ve had since the infection :carrot:

FF Cheese Omelet, Oats 269
Oats Greek Yogurt, Polaner AllFruit, 1 T Sunbutter 330
½ Powerbar 180
Great Northern Beans, Black beans, Grilled Chicken Strips, 10g Parmesan Cheese,
Carmel Ricotta Crème, SF Popsicle 509
Total: 1288

Water: 136 oz :fr:

Tennis: 460
Power Walk: 333
Exercise Total: 793 :broc:

Tomorrow is :goodscale and I am REALLY looking forward to weigh in!!!!
:yay: YAY for the :sunny: today!

alaskanlaughter
06-23-2011, 11:29 PM
haven't gone for the bike ride yet but it's only 6:30 p.m. here and i usually don't go out until 7-8 p.m. anyhow...DH is dealing with some tragic things that happened in his native village and hasn't fixed the bike just yet...i don't like to go too late because the bears come out around 9 p.m....however it stays light until at least 11 pm. or closer to midnight around here

alaskanlaughter
06-23-2011, 11:35 PM
aaaaaaaaaand never mind about the bike ride :( turns out what he needs to do to fix the bike has to "set" or "cure?" for 14 hours...that sucks...he said he'll still do it tonight so maybe tomorrow i can ride...blahh, i really wanted to go lol

darius
06-24-2011, 01:27 AM
Finally got my signature line today; so glad.

K9Owner
06-24-2011, 01:28 AM
:df: Just a few personals before I go to bed…

JO: :yay: on all those laps at the pool! AWESOME JOB!!
Do I see a formal triathlon in your future, ma’am??
My Polar NEVER has recorded me doing even 1000 cals burned in an hour. What do you do, wear the Bugg all the time??

MELISSA: I strongly encourage using an accurate heart rate monitor. I love mine!!

MamaKat: :bravo: on exercising when you don’t feel like it. 17 miles is FABULAIRE :cp:

Alaskan: Do you know if it’s true about the nursing salaries being so high in Alaska?? I heard they were, but many people can’t adjust to the weather and the lack of darkness!
A grandmother at 34?? I couldn’t imagine it, but it could happen!!
Hope your bike is repaired soon :)

Darius: :yay: 40lbs!! What a milestone!!

AbbySue: I personally weigh everyday and keep up with it in the “Notes” section of MFP, and only my Friday weigh-ins count. I only post that one weight once per week and nothing more. My ticker is changed every Friday, no matter if I gain or lose ;)

Diana32: I can hardly believe you veered and ate 1630 cals!! You’re so conditioned and disciplined. Don’t beat yourself up to badly. If you never ate over the limit, I’d start to wonder if you were superhuman!! :spin:

Shish: Hope Friday proves to be a better day for you than Thursday. :hug:

iUSAn: Here’s to both of us some LUCK! We are gonna need it, esp. this portion of WE!! I have a packed weekend with LOTS of food ahead. If I do 2000 cal/day, it’ll be a sheer MIRACLE :cry:

darius
06-24-2011, 01:35 AM
For those of you talking about bodyBugg, I'm thinking of getting this for me and my son. I think it's awesome! I'm just not sure if I want to wait until the step counter is out or not.

I like that Garmin tracker that you have that creates those route maps with detailed elevation and velocity data. I have a Garmin GPS handheld that will save tracks and shows speed over ground and elapsed time and distance etc., but not heartrate etc. I have looked at your Garmin tracks on your blog and I think it's an amazing device.

darius
06-24-2011, 01:45 AM
Darius: :yay: 40lbs!! What a milestone!!

Yeah you know, it really is. I pick up those 20 kilogram sacks of feed at my father-in-law's horse farm and it's hard to believe that I was carrying that around. It's a lot of weight. And look at all of the people around here who have lost 100+!

alaskanlaughter
06-24-2011, 01:58 AM
no bike ride AND a tsunami warning *sigh* but it was cancelled and we dont' live close enough to the coast anyhow...the islands would break up any wave before it hit our town

k9 i think that nurses get paid really well here...google says the average wage for a nurse up here is about $28/hour...it varies in alaska on darkness and cold depending on where you live...farther north it gets darker in winter/longer light in summer as well as colder in winter/hotter in summer....south on the coast where i am, it's not that cold in winter nor hot in summer...but up north i've seen temps of 60 below zero growing up...you just dress a little warmer then :)

Diana3271
06-24-2011, 07:06 AM
Good Morning and TGIF! :dance: :woohoo: Another early Friday for me. I have to get up early every other Friday. I hope you have a fantastic Friday and even better weekend! :grouphug:

Someone please tell me what's wrong with my TTOM? :mad: The last couple of months it has been great. Not like my normal, never ending TTOM's. I was thinking that things were improving in that dept. I had noticed the last couple of days that I've had some breast tenderness and I felt crampy like it was going to start. It's not suppose to start for at least 1 1/2 weeks. Guess who showed up last night? It damn sure wasn't the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, or the Easter Bunny! Yep, you got it! TTOM :devil:

Weigh In: 143.8
Down: .4

jomatho
06-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Brief check in before my morning walk. I was pleased to see a pound down this morning, but took it with a grain of salt because I am still 2# above my low of 183. But like Diana32 says, down is down.
I am soooooooooo sore today, shouldn't be the running, as I am used to that, must be the swimming. I am sore in places I never am like upper back/between my shoulder blades, lower back and hips, palms, arches of my feet, inner thighs. I think even though it is boring, I will keep up with it. I may just have to do a timed swim instead of laps though, that way I can at least get into some thoughts about something. The counting drives me crazy. It is sooo boring. If I swim today, I will play some music and see if that helps.
Personals later, gotta get ready to walk, I am finding myself really looking forward to these walks! The hour goes by so fast, we never stop gabbing. You guys never would have guessed I am a little gabby would you? Ha Ha!
Have a great day everyone! Oh and TGIF for those of you who work M-F!!!

K9Owner
06-24-2011, 08:54 AM
I am too excited for words, really!!

berryblondeboys
06-24-2011, 08:55 AM

Way to go - was this week 1.8 pounds? 1.6??? Whatever it was, that's great progress!

K9Owner
06-24-2011, 09:01 AM
2 pounds even!
It has been with the help of decreasing my food intake in MFP.
Remember, I posted either last week or the week before that I was going to manipulate the numbers for me to lose 1.5 lbs a week. It calculated me eating 1450 cals/day (1 lb/week loss), but since I changed it, I have been eating 1250 or less during the week. It made a HUGE difference!

berryblondeboys
06-24-2011, 09:06 AM
A little bummed to see just .2 loss again today which means I'm still up 1.4 from my all time low, but it's at least now coming down. Eating salty brats for supper probably didn't help me any, but mmmmm they are good! LOL

Sleep was great. Today I was deciding on two classes in the morning, but I think I'll do an evening one. Too hard to fit it all in this morning and then leave the house at noon to get to my son's Occupational Therapy appointment.

That aqua zumba must have worked my core pretty well because my abs feel it today. LOVE the gym. So why did I waste our membership for over a year?

jomatho
06-24-2011, 10:08 AM

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

That is awesome!

shellsbrood
06-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Hi Ladies and Larry! Long time no see. :wave:

I think I'm going to have to change to an honorary member, because I'm not checking in daily like I should. :^: With all four kids at home and my college classes starting on the 11th, I just can't seem to keep up. But, I do love to drop in and check on y'all from time to time. You guys are such an inspiration and I love seeing your progress. :carrot:

Weight loss has slowed for me, but I did reach 80lbs lost this morning. :carrot:

Miss you all! Keep up the good work! :sumo:

berryblondeboys
06-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Way to go Shellsbrood! 80 pounds is a huge accomplishment! And it makes sense that it's slowing day as you are really close to goal! Way to go you! And good luck with classes!

berryblondeboys
06-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Just ordered $150 worth of protein bars and shakes. Shipping is a flat charge, so it made sense to buy a couple month's worth (actually probably longer) of these foods. It will save me about $80 from buying them in the grocery store, but man, it adds up fast when you buy it all at once instead of one box/container at a time!

But, those protein bars/shakes are a lifesaver for me. They satisfy the sweet tooth for me and give me the protein I need (and tend to lack) and especially the calcium I usually lack since I don't like dairy products. And they are portable and can save me from bad decisions when out and about!

Vixsin
06-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Way to go Shells!!!! :yay: :woohoo: 80lbs is HUGE!!!!!

I am down .6 today to 188.8. I am super happy with that. I got more great sleep last night. I'm going to try again for that today! I am shooting to get in a run today after work. I am very conscious that I must sleep!

I'll check back in a bit.

amy3469
06-24-2011, 12:51 PM
K9 - That's awesome! Congrats!

Shellsbrood - That's great! 80# is impressive!

Berry - That's sounds like a geat idea with the protein bars. What kind do you get? The sugar craving can be a killer sometimes! I've just never found the right one, I guess.

Vixsin - Wow! Great job!

Today, I did 30 minutes on the bike and then a Leslie Sansone 3 mile fast walk, which I loved! It was an awesome workout! I think that's ll I'm doing with exercise today, should be enough.
Okay, tonight is our pizza night. I think I have everything calculated okay so eating it won't kill me. I eat under my calories everyday, which so far has worked really well for me, but is it a good idea?
Drinking almost a gallon of water everyday, that part is getting better.

shellsbrood
06-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Vixsin--You're doing awesome! Great job on the loss!

Berry--Thanks. :D Those protein bars sound yummy.

Amy--I love Leslie Sansone. I do all of her workouts and they've been working for me!

I thought I'd share this picture with y'all. I can finally do the fit-into-one-pant-leg trick! I was so psyched!

amy3469
06-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Shellsbrood - I love Leslie Sansone! You look great! I can't wait to get back into smaller sizes! I also just feel better since I've been exercising.

elizabethyellow
06-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Vixsin: Thanks for the information on BMR! I had no idea what that was, but after doing some research I found out my BMR, as well as my body fat percentage… apparently, losing 30 pounds would not be healthy, so I’ll have to monitor that as I get closer to my goal and check with my doctor to be sure I’m not losing any healthy body mass. Good luck on your new plan, I hope it works out for you!

zoodoo613: Congratulations on your new low! Just say no to those doughnuts; I know what you mean. People are always bringing in unhealthy foods and I’m like, HEY! Can’t you see I’m trying to diet! Your antics are not appreciated! LOL

amy3469: Go Amy go!! Keep up all that hard work!

jomatho: Yay! I’m glad this thread helped you out; we are all here to help motivate each other! And yes, TGIF!!

berryblondeboys: Yeah, you definitely are not sedentary just from working out alone! Not to mention all your other mommy/woman of the house duties! Good for you for taking the time to research that information and having the guts to go against what most people think is a good weight loss strategy and doing what is right, and healthy, for you!

abbysue: Kudos on the willpower to stay out of the kitchen! And thank you for the information on the bodybugg, it sounds interesting! I hope your walk went well  AND, once I finally earn a signature from 3FC, I will be updating my weight loss weekly, not daily.

alaskanlaughter: Wow, that is big news! Congratulations!

mamakat: YAY good for you for kicking the bad-weather motivation slump and getting back into your routine!

darius: Congratulations! You rock!

shiskeberry: That “noodley crap” actually sounds quite tasty… LOL

iamerican: I WANT A CUPCAKE. Oh snap, probably not the best diet decision right there for me… LOL enjoy it for the rest of us lucky lady.

Diana3271: Oh DH, always sneakin’ in a little something extra for us ladies. Thanks for checking out the credibility of the Outback website, I’ll be sure to use it in the future!

K9Owner: Great job staying on plan yesterday! I hope today is as successful for you. I know whenever I have a great OP day I always want to try and keep it up 

shellsbrood: Congratulations on your 80 pound loss! That’s AWESOME!

As for me, yesterday was a great OP day for me as well!

B: Apple Nutrigrain Bar – 120 calories
L: Jalapeno & Cilantro Hummus w/ Pita Chips, 7Up – 440 calories
D: Avocado Chicken Sandwich w/ Tomato – 500 calories (approx.)
Total: 1060

I probably SHOULD be eating more, but I’m just not hungry sometimes. However, I know you all say that if we don’t eat our metabolisms will take the fall, so I try to eat at regular intervals. Tonight is going to be a challenge; Friday is the night my friends and I have our “cooking parties.” On the menu tonight is chicken cacciatore, parmesan smashed potatoes, lemon parsley bruschetta, and chocolate anise cookies. I think the best trick I can do is try to eat more chicken than anything else, and only small (VERY small) helpings of the rest! I’m going to try and stay off the sodas today, as well. No need to add in those empty calories when I know my dinner is going to be larger than normal! Also, I’m going to try and squeeze in a walk after dinner, which will further motivate me not to get stuffed!

Good luck everyone, I hope you all have a great day! TGIF!

Vixsin
06-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Elzabeth: You are welcome for the BMR info. It is super helpful!!!!! I agree in that you should think about eating more. I have heard too many times to count that we gals should never EVER dip our calories below 1200. I've read/heard that when we go below 1200, we could end up sending our bodies into the "Starvation mode" that we're always talking about and ending up doing more harm than good. Just food for thought. It's all about finding what works best for your body. :hug: Weight loss is like a gigantic science experiment I'm discovering. LOL

Shells: O.....M....G girl!!!! Look how TINY you are!!! I feel like I haven't "seen" you in so long!!!!!! I've got a pair of pants that I'm waiting to do the trick with too. They aren't from my biggest days, but they are close enough!!! LOL

Vixsin
06-24-2011, 02:05 PM
So after my haircut, I decided that it was still too long. Here's the new "new do"!!!!!

I LOOOOOVE this length!!!! I am thinking that this is the winner.

Red shirt = old
purple shirt = NEW!!!! :love:

amy3469
06-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Vixsin - love your hair!
Have a question.. Does most everyone have "mini" goals? Like a certain amount of weight = reward?

still
06-24-2011, 02:49 PM
vixsin- Great haircut! I really like your new pic! So pretty!

elizabethyellow- I've had times when I was having trouble keeping my calories up. What I did was eat nuts. High protein, high calorie. Helped keep my calories in a normal range while not making me feel like I was force feeding myself.

shells- HI! Great pic! Good to see you around again! And congrats on the 80 lbs! Thats so incredible!

amy- great job planning for your pizza night! I'm personally of the opinion that its a good idea to go slightly over calories every now and then to keep your body "confused", but thats just me.

Melissa- I feel the same way about protein bars. They save me on the days that school lunch is inedible, and I love the chocolate peanut butter ones that feel more like a candy bar than a protein bar.

K9- congrats on the 2 lbs! Sometimes playing with caloric intake really does wonders.

As for me, things are going really well here. Holding steady at 167, but my doctor is messing with my thyroid meds so I'm happy to just be stable in the weight department right now. I've been sticking pretty close to my 1550 calories each day, which has worked out well. I had the day off today, so I had the best workout- an hour of cardio split between the elliptical and incline treadmill, and then some arm weights. I feel awesome, and I've been getting compliments on how "skinny" I look lately, so it must be showing even if the scale isn't moving much. Tonight we have a birthday dinner for a friend at Outback, and I'm going to check out the menu beforehand and make a plan. Hope you guys are having a fantastic day! TGIF!

elizabethyellow
06-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Quick question; does anyone feel like taking a daily multivitamin helps aid weight loss?

berryblondeboys
06-24-2011, 04:03 PM
So after my haircut, I decided that it was still too long. Here's the new "new do"!!!!!

I LOOOOOVE this length!!!! I am thinking that this is the winner.

Red shirt = old
purple shirt = NEW!!!! :love:

Love it a bit shorter too. Still very feminine, but it takes more weight off the hair and gives it more lift. Plus, it's easier to wash and go after exercising!

shellsbrood
06-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Vixsin--Forget the haircut, look at those collarbones!! I am completely envious!! :whoo: Goodness, you don't look like you have an ounce of fat on you anymore. (I was kidding on forgetting the haircut, it looks totally fab!)

Elizabeth--I don't know if it aides in my weight loss, but it does help me cover the bases nutrition-wise.

Still--Thanks! Enjoy Outback for me! :D (we don't have them here)

Amy--I often exercise simply for the mental boost it gives me. Congrats on feeling great!

darius
06-24-2011, 07:26 PM
and then a Leslie Sansone 3 mile fast walk

I really like her DVDs; I have the 3, 4, 5 mile fast walk DVDs; she's a really great personality.

amy3469
06-24-2011, 08:02 PM
OMG, worked out extra hard today, knew I was having pizza and counted it in and everything. I ate, it was awesome, and I now I feel awful! I feel stuffed and guilty or something..?? Is that weird? I know the stuffed part makes sense, I ate too much darn pizza! Of course now it's TOM, so I know if I were to weigh the next couple of days it would be ugly. I have drank a gallon of water so far today though. Okay, I'm done ranting, sorry!
How does everyone count their calories? Something like MYFitnesspal? I also write down everything, I'm very OCD and I want to make sure I'm doing it the best way.

Redgrl
06-24-2011, 09:15 PM
I use Tap&Track on the iphone to count calories and chart my weight. It's so simple, I love it!

iamerican
06-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Darius: Whoop! TICKER!!! I love it!

K9: Alright. Lets do this! We wont fall apart this weekend completely, okay?! We can do it! I have a crazy weekend full of lots of drinks, so we will see how this goes! Best of luck. And good job on the 2 down!

Berry: aquatic zumba sounds fun : ) What kind of bars fo you eat?

Elizabeth: The cupcake was fantastic. I cannot lie, I ate two, but I am still under calories for my goal of 1800. Wish me luck. The next couple hours will be tough. But it was fabulous, just so you know.

Vixsin: The hair looks great!

Amy: I use myfitnesspal and love it. I wrote my down several times in the past, but this works good for me. I think it is easier. I think you just need to find a system that is good for YOU

berryblondeboys
06-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Only because my 6 year old pleaded to go to the KidSpace at the gym did I make it to the gym today. Timing was so tight today that going to the gym this evening meant no dinner until close to 8 pm. But, who can deny a kid playing at the beginning of summer break when it also means I could be getting a good workout?

Zumba class #3. Different instructor again and different music again. How many classes does it take to finally get a repeater? Her class was the easiest yet and I think she really likes to do chest pump songs because EVERY SINGLE SONG had at least one set of chest pumps in it - HATE those.

I 'think' I might see a big drop on the scale tomorrow. If dinner didn't interfere too much (fingers crossed).

shishkeberry
06-24-2011, 11:24 PM
Amy, I use the calorie counter at about.com. It's the only one that works on my phone. I only use it for food and weight tracking. I don't log my activities on it.

K9Owner
06-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Melissa: Hey hun, whatever works to get you in the gym, right?? :bravo:

Vix: I’m with Nikki on your collar bones!! :fr:
Like the hair too!!

Nikki: So glad you have been doing so well! Great job staying OP.

Shells: WTG on 80 # lost!!! :bravo: You are THIN!!

Amy: Great job on your water intake. It can defo be a challenge some days for me to get it all in! I have found weight loss to be difficult with me and with many people in this forum with regards to pizza, not really sure why. I use MFP and love it.

Elizabeth: WoW! That menu sounds SUPER YUMMI!!! I take an Alive w/Iron 1 in the a.m., 1 in the p.m. I’ve also done the liquid Alive (http://www.feelalive.com/) in 8 oz white grapefruit juice. I love this product!!

OKAY, very quick question...How is it that so many of you weigh more than me, but look so much smaller than me?? What gives??

I forgot to say earlier: Thanks everyone for such kindness and support! I really, really appreciate it. I love that we can share successes and offer setbacks so openly here. ;)

Diana3271
06-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: Another fly by post. It's late, again!

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Chicken breast 500 calories
2 orders green beans 200 calories

Exercise:
TF HIIT 25
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (Total Body Premix w/weighted gloves and #10's - I really like this premix - I knew the weight work was shorter so I used all #10's)
500 Jump Ropes

CameraShy
06-25-2011, 02:26 AM
I had my weigh in today. I lost another 7 lbs! Woohoo! So, I am down a total of 26 lbs over 20 days.:carrot: I must admit that this diet is a struggle some days. I have cheated a couple times - which I don't normally do when I diet. The way I look at it is I am being so strict on this, I am just offering a little balance so I don't just go off and binge. When I have cheated, it has been in moderation. I don't ever feel guilty about it since I am in control of what I am eating. I figure I have to do what is best for me over all. Indulging a bit is way better than binging for a day.

darius
06-25-2011, 02:32 AM
Zumba class

I had no idea what Zumba was until Melissa started writing about it in her blog, so I looked at some zumba class videos on YouTube. It's so interesting! Except that - I can't move that quickly (yet). I can't move exactly the way they are doing.

alaskanlaughter
06-25-2011, 02:35 AM
the end of a very long, very busy day today...had all the kids all day long, took them all to the big playground at the lake this afternoon...solved 483 arguments, handed out 294 snacks, cleaned up one accident and they all went home safe n sound at the end of the day :)

i ate really well today and kept carbs to 38 EXCEPT for the trip to the movie theater tonight...i know i went over my carbs on the popcorn but i felt like at least i kept it under control (no urge to binge) and even with a few bites of candy, i felt in control and stopped without going all out on the sugar...i'm GUESSING it added another 100 carbs to my day :( but i didn't even bother to add it up....needless to say, i was over my limit...but i consider that a one-time treat, we go to the movies literally ONCE a year...we took our 5 year old to see Cars 2 premiere (it was awesome!).....i still don't feel the urge to continue eating crappy food now that i'm home....not that i have much crappy food around, but i don't feel hungry and i don't feel the mental urge to keep eating since "i already went over carbs anyhow" so i like that i still feel like i had a treat and stopped when done....tomorrow it's just back to the same regular way of eating...my head hurts, which i KNOW is the sugar from tonight, i didnt' have much (2 handfuls of candy) but my body still doesn't like it much...i hate to see the scale in the morning but regardless, i'm done eating for the night and we'll pick up where we left off tomorrow :)

Diana3271
06-25-2011, 07:29 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

I woke up early this morning, for some unknown reason. :mad: I had a perfect opportunity to sleep in, but my body decided to wake up instead. :dunno:

Weigh In: 144

berryblondeboys
06-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Good morning everyone! And, yep, the scale is down - dropping this water weight FINALLY. Down 1.4 today to get back down to my original all time low for this journey. Woohoo!

Now I really know that onederland is right around the corner (finally).

berryblondeboys
06-25-2011, 08:51 AM
I had no idea what Zumba was until Melissa started writing about it in her blog, so I looked at some zumba class videos on YouTube. It's so interesting! Except that - I can't move that quickly (yet). I can't move exactly the way they are doing.

It is a lot of fun! I did watch a couple videos on you tube too before going to my first class and they scared me a bit with their speed, but the classes I've been too haven't been as fast (or at least it appears that way while in the class) as what I saw on you tube. Sections of it are, but it is quite learnable. Zumba Gold is lower impact too for those just starting out. And of course Aqua zumba is way slower and different because it's in the water. (Haven't tried the toning/weighted ones yet).

berryblondeboys
06-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Darius: Whoop! TICKER!!! I love it!

K9: Alright. Lets do this! We wont fall apart this weekend completely, okay?! We can do it! I have a crazy weekend full of lots of drinks, so we will see how this goes! Best of luck. And good job on the 2 down!

Berry: aquatic zumba sounds fun : ) What kind of bars fo you eat?

Elizabeth: The cupcake was fantastic. I cannot lie, I ate two, but I am still under calories for my goal of 1800. Wish me luck. The next couple hours will be tough. But it was fabulous, just so you know.

Vixsin: The hair looks great!

Amy: I use myfitnesspal and love it. I wrote my down several times in the past, but this works good for me. I think it is easier. I think you just need to find a system that is good for YOU

Atkins are the bars I like the best. I only get the 2 net grams of carbs bars (one is 3 net grams I think). They are the yummiest (to me) low carb protein bar I've tried. Some Think Thin are OK, but I prefer the Atkins ones. Others still have too many carbs in them for me to feel 'safe' with them with my blood sugar issues.

berryblondeboys
06-25-2011, 08:53 AM
I had my weigh in today. I lost another 7 lbs! Woohoo! So, I am down a total of 26 lbs over 20 days.:carrot: I must admit that this diet is a struggle some days. I have cheated a couple times - which I don't normally do when I diet. The way I look at it is I am being so strict on this, I am just offering a little balance so I don't just go off and binge. When I have cheated, it has been in moderation. I don't ever feel guilty about it since I am in control of what I am eating. I figure I have to do what is best for me over all. Indulging a bit is way better than binging for a day.

Way to go! What a great start to this weight loss journey!

berryblondeboys
06-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Melissa: Hey hun, whatever works to get you in the gym, right?? :bravo:

Vix: I’m with Nikki on your collar bones!! :fr:
Like the hair too!!

Nikki: So glad you have been doing so well! Great job staying OP.

Shells: WTG on 80 # lost!!! :bravo: You are THIN!!

Amy: Great job on your water intake. It can defo be a challenge some days for me to get it all in! I have found weight loss to be difficult with me and with many people in this forum with regards to pizza, not really sure why. I use MFP and love it.

Elizabeth: WoW! That menu sounds SUPER YUMMI!!! I take an Alive w/Iron 1 in the a.m., 1 in the p.m. I’ve also done the liquid Alive (http://www.feelalive.com/) in 8 oz white grapefruit juice. I love this product!!

OKAY, very quick question...How is it that so many of you weigh more than me, but look so much smaller than me?? What gives??

I forgot to say earlier: Thanks everyone for such kindness and support! I really, really appreciate it. I love that we can share successes and offer setbacks so openly here. ;)

Yep, a little kid's 'voice' has a lot of power! I was tired last night too, but I did it!

And K9, you do not look big at ALL! Where are you getting that? Yes, OK it's true that Shellsbrood is looking might thin and great, but she's also 5'9" tall and has a larger frame. I suspect Vixsin has a larger frame too, but I thought in your before photos that you looked pretty good!

berryblondeboys
06-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

I woke up early this morning, for some unknown reason. :mad: I had a perfect opportunity to sleep in, but my body decided to wake up instead. :dunno:

Weigh In: 144

My bladder wakes me up even if I want to sleep in. I guess I shouldn't complain about it though, because before I started getting healthier, I was waking at least once, many times twice a night to go pee! Now I usually sleep all through the night.

And look at you at 144! (and UP to 144 at that!) You are doing great!

Vixsin
06-25-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm up .8 today to 189.6. I feel that I deserve that gain today, I cracked last night and had a whole wheat tortilla with some pb on it last night...like an hour before I went to bed. :yikes: tonight my goal will be for NO SNACKING at night. The object of increasing my cals is to END any snacking. I'm reminding myself of that.

I am DETERMINED to get a run in today. I didnt get to yesterday but I did manage about 20 mins of dancing since I downloaded some new music, I just had to try it out. LOL

Just finished my chobani with kashi and a string cheese for breaky. The plan is to go to a wing place for lunch which means yumminess!! The wings are amazing. I am vowing to you guys to NOT go overboard on the french fries. I can binge OUT on some fries. i will not do that today.

OH!! I meant to tell you guys yesterday that I scheduled an appointment with my old "fat doctor", Dr. K. He runs a local weight loss center. He's the one that started me on my journey...well things he said did. I made an appointment so that I can go back to him after being away this long (approx 1.5 yrs) and show him that "I got it". I also want to ask him about possibly interning or something in his office. I feel the need to tell him that I really want to start my career journey in HIS office because it was his words that really resonated in my head that helped me make the choice to get healthy. I'm excited about seeing him and showing off my progress. :) I knew you guys could enjoy that excitement with me!

jomatho
06-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Just poking my head in to say "hi"! Nothing to report, same ol', same ol'.
Everyone is doing so well! Congrats on all your losses. Seems a lot of people either weigh at the end of the week or have losses at the end of the week!
Shells and Vixsin, you guys are looking great!
I am starting to reconsider my goal weight. I am not sure I have another 40 pounds I can lose. I definately have more, but not sure I have that much. I wonder if I am off by about 15-20 pounds or so? Maybe I will be able to tell when I get closer, if I ever get out of the mid 180s! These were yesterdays thoughts.
Today I feel a little bummed that I am still 185. Feels like I have been here forever, although I know it hasn't been that long. I seem to have this problem every month, and I know that, and I know in part it is hormones that make me feel a little down and out about it, but still doesn't change the way I feel. I sort of feel like whether I workout or not, or whether I have an extra couple hundred calories or not, I will stay the same, so why try so hard? Maybe I should just stop here and maintain? I feel pretty good and my clothes all fit or are a little big. I hate losing weight. Ick.

jomatho
06-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Ok, so right after I posted that, I scrolled up a little as I always do to make sure another post didn't come in while I was posting and in Vixsins siggy my eyes were drawn to the big black letters:

"FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED"-Bob Harper

I think it was a sign!

Thanks Vixsin!

Larry H
06-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi to all. :wave: Don't pay the ransome note!! I escaped!! :rofl:

My DW and I drove 1300 miles to Albany, NY where we attended our grandson's graduation from high school last evening. I had a good trip but my DW was very tired and irritable. She does not travel well long distances in a car. I did not track my calories on the road but I did make good food choices while traveling. Surprizingly I have found that places with buffets make it easier for me to eat healthy. Sounds crazy but they offer a good selection of vegetables and salads and that is where most of my food comes from. I go very light or none at all on meats, always look for broiled fish or baked chicken and then eat mostly the lower calorie vegetables. Works for me!!:D

I am staying with my DS and DIL. Used their bathroom scale and it seems to weigh higher by about 5 pounds than mine. We are staying four weeks and I weighed right away. What the reading was is not as important as being able to answer the question, am I losing or gaining? Using the same scale at the same time during these four weeks while dressed the same should let me know if I am gaining or losing. I will record my weight and change my ticker when I get back to Florida and have a chance to weigh on the same scale that I have used since January.

With 20/20 hindsight I should have brought my own scale with me, but I did not think of it.

Yesterday my calories were 1360 and my sodium was 1227 mg, both were well within my plan. :D:carrot::D

No exercise, rainy day yesterday.:?:

Larry,

shishkeberry
06-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Only one more pound to my next mini goal! I weighed in at 270 this morning. Yay!

mamakat
06-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Good Morning All,
I haven't felt very good (blahs and other yuck) lately so I haven't posted. I thought I really went crazy with eating yesterday, but it turns out I'm still under calories. I haven't exercised since Thursday, I'm glad now that I did that 17 miles. I'm not sure how it happened but I am back into the 240's (249). I hope it sticks. I have a strange weekend ahead of me as my husband is in an 4 man orchestra who are accompanying the movie Nosferatu. He has two shows tonight and one in the afternoon tomorrow. We have to shop for a black outfit sometime today. Tomorrow the kids and I will see the matinee. I think it's a wonderful art and am so glad that my children can see it the way it was meant to be seen (big screen and live music). I'm not sure how or when I'll be able to get a work out in, but I will try.
berry I'm so glad you are back to the losing weight...oh my gosh you could reach onderland in the next few days! No pressure :)
shish congrats on the 270 mark and being close to 20lbs down, you are doing fantastic!
Larry I'm glad you made it safely to New York. I'm not that great of a traveler so I understand. Great idea with the scale. Oh Larry have a wonderful time with you family!
I hate that we can't go to another page without losing all the stuff we've written. I'm not trying to ignore anyone, but I can't remember who said what :p. I send a Congrats to all who have lost. I send a Stick With It to all who have been stuck and questioning whether they should keep going. I send a Don't give up to those who have gained. I have been up and down all week. That how it goes right. We've got to work on it, that's that, right? All the best to all of you. :)
Be strong and healthy.

K9Owner
06-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Ok seriously, I have to post this b/c I love you all so MUCH!
I love pancakes! I love them around 2 or 3 a.m. :lol:
In particular, I love the :censored: ones from a very popular restaurant.
I :love: new recipes and if you love/like pancakes, but can't squeeze them into your calorie limit in fear of wreaking havoc on your plan,
consider this YUMMILICIOUS :drool: recipe for "Oatmeal Pancakes (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/breakfast-ideas-phase-2/186123-oatmeal-pancake.html)" from SBD!!
I had this today with a little banana flavoring, pumpkin pie spice, pecans, and sf syrup!! :drool:

Cals: 413
Fat: 14
Carbs: 39
Protein: 34
Sodium: 570
Fiber: 6

(I used ff cottage cheese and 1/8 cup of pecans)

darius
06-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Only one more pound to my next mini goal! I weighed in at 270 this morning. Yay!

Congratulations!

mamakat
06-25-2011, 07:39 PM
I did it. I got in 8.7 miles. Now I am relaxing because for some weird reason my feet hurt like I've been on them all day and I haven't. I still have to get tomorrow in or else I'll feel guilty.
Krystal now that you mentioned pancakes, I'm craving them :p I of course have no food in the house and chef is playing very soon. So it's sandwiches for everyone!
Have a great night everyone.