Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Question I tripped on the Treadmill

I tripped on the treadmill my second time using it at the gym while I was trying to adjust my i-pod. I skinned my knee some but I'm alright. What I'm wondering if anyone has any tricks for adjusting music while on the treadmill? I was using an armband because I thought it would be helpful but I don't like the string hanging down from the earbuds and it's hard to adjust if I want to play a different song.

Note: I did get on the treadmill the 2 days after and was able to do a full workout on it.... but is interval jogging and walking good? I want to run a 5k in September and I alternate currently between 5.0 and 3.0-3.5 every 2 minutes for 20 minutes.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Since you're already doing some interval training in preparation for a 5k, you might want to check out couch to 5k (c25k), which does just that, but progresses you over 9 weeks to more and more jogging/running and less walking.

As for adjusting the songs, I have no answer for you. I just let my playlist play and don't worry about it. For the string hanging down issue: I have a set of earphones that has a clip half-way along the cord that lets me secure the cord to the edge of my shirt, keeping it from jumping around and generally being a pain.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I just set it up and then let it go and don't much fiddle with it. If I have to, I pause the workout.

You can also run your cord down thru your shirt so it comes out at your neck.

You can do a 5K schedule if you prefer something formal.

I've gone Galloway in the past. http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/5k.html

Also Cool running.http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_4/index.shtml

There's hidgon too. http://www.halhigdon.com/5K%20Training/5-Knovice.htm

Hope you are doing better after the fall!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-19-2011 at 09:06 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/149/130

Height: 5"7 , BodyFat%: 24.8 Goal%: 15

Just don't get sidetracked! Or, what I do is hold onto the side bars and jump onto the side platforms, then jump back on when I am ready. Or just put the speed down very low...
CeciliaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliesinmycereal View Post
I tripped on the treadmill my second time using it at the gym while I was trying to adjust my i-pod. I skinned my knee some but I'm alright. What I'm wondering if anyone has any tricks for adjusting music while on the treadmill? I was using an armband because I thought it would be helpful but I don't like the string hanging down from the earbuds and it's hard to adjust if I want to play a different song.

Note: I did get on the treadmill the 2 days after and was able to do a full workout on it.... but is interval jogging and walking good? I want to run a 5k in September and I alternate currently between 5.0 and 3.0-3.5 every 2 minutes for 20 minutes.
I'm training for a 5k as well! I walk/jog and Swear by C25K... if you have an android phone and download the app, it plays in your ear and tells you when to walk/jog/walk/etc. It's working Great for me!
As far as the ipod, I set the playlist exactly how I want to hear it and just put it in my armband and let it play! Otherwise pause your workout, change it, then go
Be safe!!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Thanks for the comments back! I've thought about running it through my shirt but I couldn't think of a way that wouldn't limit my range of motion... but maybe if I put it through my sleeve it might work!

I do not own an android but I will look into the program because I didn't know I could jog for a good amount of time until I tried at the gym.

I need to update my i-pod for fast songs... I always feel like I can run if there is a fast song playing... I could play the same song over again for a half an hour... hmmm.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:57 PM   #7  
Junk Warrior

S/C/G: 275/241/180

Height: 5'10

try downloading some music by "Pink" she has a lot of emotional songs that fuel my work outs like crazy!
BowandArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

I also looked online for some "workout playlists" for "Pump it up jams"

Great ideas
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/160/140

Height: 5'6

Oh changing music...Ive almost busted my butt trying to change a song lol I just make a play list so i dont have to change a song. Make a playlist of stuff youd like to work out to so you dont hurt yourself.

@ mhill0823 I have a android also what app is this?? Id like to try it!!
Sammie26 is offline   Reply With Quote