Chicks up for a Challenge - Onederland by November 1st (my bday)

lagorditadecolorado
06-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Hi all, I just joined today. I posted in intros but challenges really help me with motivation! I didn't see any specific challenges that fit what I want so I thought I'd go ahead and create my own. If anyone wants to join me, that would be fantastic :) I'll be turning 32 on November 1st and I am currently at 244 lbs. I want to reach 199 by my birthday. I'll set smaller goals for each month to keep me on track :) For now my immediate goal is to lose 5 pounds by the end of June. Shouldn't be to hard as I fluctuate between 244 and 240.

Anyone else have similar goals and want to join me? I'll weigh myself once a week and post here to help keep myself accountable! I'll add a ticker to help keep track once I'm allowed :) Till then I'll have to do it manually!

The rest of June goal: 239
End of July goal: 229
End of August goal: 219
End of September goal: 209
End of October goal: 199 :carrot:

lagorditadecolorado
06-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Hello again. to me lol. Just wanted to note that I weighed myself this morning and was very pleasantly surprised to see the scale say 239, my goal for the end of June, woot! Yeah it's probably just water weight, but still, whoo hoo! At least that means the walking, hiking, zumba-ing and calorie counting/tracking are working. I'm on my way :)

ClaireBear92
06-22-2011, 01:17 PM
I would love to join you!
I am 240 right now and would love to be around 190 by November 1st!

Mini Goals:

Lose 14 pounds by the end of June! (already have lost 10 this month)

lagorditadecolorado
06-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Yay! We're about the same weight too, so that's perfect :)

ClaireBear92
06-22-2011, 06:06 PM
yay i am excited! itll be great to keep eachother motivated.

tingle
06-22-2011, 10:23 PM
I just joined a little bit ago and this seems right up my alley! I came right to the Challenge posts to see them. I am at 239 :( and would love to be in Onederland by Nov 1st. I really want to hit it by the end of October. I am crewing the 3Day Breast Cancer walk and I want to FEEL better by then This will help so let's go get it!!

YAY

lagorditadecolorado
06-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Oh yay! (lol lots of yay's going on, I love it!)

a walk is a great idea, maybe I should see if I can find some kind of event like that to use as further motivation. Hopefully I can find something despite living in such a rural area.

Eventually I'd love to run, but it's just so uncomfortable with all the... bounce lol not just boobs, but the rolls bounce too lol. For now I'm happy with hiking and walking. And I'm trying zumba dvd's and so far I love them. I do them with my 8 year old son in the dark lol cuz I'm too embarrassed to try it in the day/light :)

Should we set up a regular weigh in day?

lagorditadecolorado
06-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Oh yay! I just a found a Strut your Mutt on October 29th, perfect! (other than the fact that my dog will be completely distracted by all the other dogs lol)

sheramama
06-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Can I join too? My 30th (AURGH!!!!) bday is Dec 25th and I def wanted to be in ONEderland for that too!

tingle
06-22-2011, 10:46 PM
I think a weigh day is a great idea! The more we can hold each other accountable the better!

melni
06-22-2011, 10:52 PM
I definitely want to join! It'll be nice to get to Onederland before all the holidays start going!

SW: 239
Just some rough midpoints that would be great to hit!
End of June: 236
End of July: 226
End of August: 216
End of September:206
End of October: 196

lagorditadecolorado
06-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Of course Sheramama, we'd love to have you! You too melni, the more the merrier! how does a Sunday weigh in sound? We can report back here to hold ourselves accountable and support each other, sound good?

ClaireBear92
06-22-2011, 11:09 PM
We should DEFINATELY have a regular weigh in day! great way to motivate eachother =]]]

lagorditadecolorado
06-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Morning ladies, just wanted to stop in and wish you all a fantastic and healthy day! :)

sheramama
06-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Sun sounds great :)

tingle
06-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Good morning beautiful ladies!! I have been doing "okay" on my eating but really need to do some prep work this weekend and get the house filled with things that I can grap and go with! That's a major downfall for me. I end up running late or need to just grab something!!

lagorditadecolorado
06-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Morning Tingle, I know exactly what you mean. For the first few weeks, I usually pick a few different meals and then repeat them in various combinations. It helps me to not have to think about food too much. The more I obsess over what I'm going to eat, the more I want to eat and the more I end up eating! Once it gets starts to get boring then I start to throw in a new meal here and there. Helps me a ton :)

After the cravings die down it's much easier just to plan to eat healthy in general. I'm doing a Mediterranean-ish diet and I love it. I feel so indulgent eating artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes marinated in olive oil but so far it's really working for me :)

Are you following any specific plan?

lagorditadecolorado
06-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Good morning ladies! Hope everyone is having a great week! Last day before weigh in! Lets have a kick a$$ Saturday :)

lagorditadecolorado
06-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Okay weigh in day, I had a great week, probably because I lost the huge amount of water weight I was carrying around! I'm trying to let it sink in that this is probably the last time it's going to be this easy! I weighed in at 234 today :carrot:

melni
06-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Weighed in today at 236--3 lbs loss!

lagorditadecolorado
06-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Awesome! Congrats Melni! Keep up the good work! :carrot:

btw I love dancing vegetables lol

sheramama
06-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Sorry, my landline and internet were down for a few days. (That's what I get for living in the woods).

Sun I did weigh in at 247-I've been stuck there for 2 weeks now.

lagordita: I was wondering since we're gonna be doing this challenge for so long if we can do one of those "about me" so we all get to know each other.

lagorditadecolorado
06-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Great idea Sheramama about the "about me" and don't get discouraged about not losing weight, it sure beats gaining! Keep working hard and you'll beat this plateau!

lagorditadecolorado
06-28-2011, 04:05 PM
About me:

I'm a single mom of 2 crazy wonderful boys (8 & 9 years), 2 dogs, 2 cats and a bearded dragon :)

I live in a ridiculously small town in southern Colorado, which is absolutely beautiful, but just a bit too small and isolated for me. I'll be finishing up my associate degree this fall, then after another semester to make up the out of state difference in credits, I'll be moving to New Mexico to transfer to Highlands University to eventually major in Social Work, I'm very excited, I'm 31 and I finally know what I want to be when I grow up :)

I've been overweight for a little over 10 years now. I started gaining weight almost immediately after I got married (accompanied by depression, post partum depression, depression - repeat cycle). I've been recovered from the depression for a few years now, but it took about 5 years. Throw divorce (good) and a couple of heart breaks (bad) in there and it's taken me to the weight that I was a week ago. I realized that while I had been chubby after marriage and first breakup, I gained even more weight as a way of hiding. It's so easy to be invisible when you're fat. People know you're there, but they don't really see you. It wasn't anything I was doing consciously and it took me a long time to realize what I was doing and why I was self-sabotaging previous efforts.

Recently I got to the point where enough is enough. What has it gotten me? Alone and fat lol not exactly a win, plus I've never considered myself a coward before, yet here I am, hiding.

So here I am :) My eating habits (lifestyle change, not a diet) currently consists of a green smoothie for breakfast, a big salad with artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes for lunch and dinner is whole wheat pasta with a little olive oil and various veggies. And 3 hersheys kisses for dessert - only 75 calories. Totally worth it :D For fitness, I'm mixing up walking, hiking and zumba, and I'm saving up for a bike (takes awhile on fulltime student budget lol)

So that's me and probably long and boring lol but I'm looking forward to getting to know the rest of you :)

tingle
06-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Hey lagorditadecolorado
As of yet I am not following any plan per say for my eating other than trying to eat LESS of everything! My goal is to eat more fresh things and try to cut out as much prepackaged foods as I can. It's hard but that's my goal! It takes so long to break a habit so I am going slow and taking out things little by little so i don't do the whole " i feel deprived" thing and just throw it all in and eat everything and hate myself. Can you tell I've been there before? Lol

Great work guys!;)

lagorditadecolorado
06-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Tingle, I think that is a great way of doing it, you'll be more likely to maintain I bet too since you're learning portion control. Something I have a huge problem with lol I've had to give up pizza completely for now. I just lose all control with pizza, I can eat whole one myself without blinking! Other than that if I feel a really strong craving I go ahead and have it but still try to keep it within my calorie goal. I need the specific guideline otherwise I have no concept of how much I'm eating. Do you track?

sheramama
06-29-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm 29 and will be turning the big 30 on Xmas which petrifies me. I am a mother of 2 (daughter 7 and son 4) and I live (engaged?) with their father. We've been together for 12 yrs.

I have my BS in psychology and work with autistic children, but it's not something I want to do forever anymore. I'd go back to get my MA, but don't have the time nor $ right now. I actually wrote a novel a few yrs ago and decided to tear it apart and try to get an agent. My ultimate dream since I was little was to walk into a bookstore and see my book on the shelf.

I've always been compulsive and have food issues. Up until I had my daughter I was always 10 lbs or so within my healthy range at my heaviest. I ranged from between a 5/7 to the big 20ish now. I was dependent on diet pills and unhealthy exercise/food habits in the past, but I am a binger. That's something I've been working through.

I want to get healthy for me. I want to do things like jump on the trampoline with my kids without the fear of it collapsing on me. (I dreamt it). I want to be there for my kids and wear a bathing suit. I want to feel comfortable in my skin for the first time in my life. Damn it, I wanna be hot again!

tingle
06-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Ugg I know I need to track and that it will help and I always START tracking but then I never keep it up. I am not sure how to make it "stick" with me and become a habit. I don't have a smartphone to link to a website or anything so it's pen and paper for this gal when it comes to tracking. Maybe if I saw more of a benefit from it I would so it more... hmmm ideas?

On a good note I got a FItbit and I LOVE IT. It has shown me that I move A TON less that I thought I did. I am going on vacation next week and I hope to have my daily steps way up there and dare I say it. I want to loose some weight on vacation... hmmm I give myself a 50/50 chance!

lagorditadecolorado
06-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks so much for sharing ladies!

Sheramama, how great that you wrote a novel! I've loved the idea of writing one but I'm such a disorganized chaotic person, I don't think I have the focus that it takes! What type of book if you don't mind my asking? I hear you on the binging too. It's only a few foods that really trigger it for me, pizza is the biggest one. I've also realized that I eat more when I'm upset or bored. Actually anything melty cheesey is my comfort food, I'm trying to avoid those. I figure it must be emotional otherwise why would portion control be so hard??

Tingle, I'll have to look into the Fitbit, I've never heard of one. I use livestrong.com to track and I love it. It's free, although they do have an option to upgrade. It's super convenient because they have a huge database of foods so all you have to do is type in what you ate and then select which one and it has the calories, fat, sodium, fiber, etc. Have a great time on vacation! I'd say eat as healthy as you can most of the time, but indulge a little here and there so you don't feel like you're missing out. I'm sure you'll do great and have a wonderful time!

I really need to get on it this week, so far I've just been maintaining and I just ate cookies for breakfast (guilty face), three more days till weigh in, lets really work hard the rest of the week! :broc:

Have a favorite fitness/exercise? Mine's hiking and zumba (even though I suck at it lol)

sheramama
06-30-2011, 05:18 PM
I just started using a circuit training program from some old Brad Schoenfeld books that I used in college and got crazy muscles def. with. Cardio is wii just dance 2, tae bo, and carmen electra's stripper aerobics.

It's funny you mentioned cheese bc that's my biggest trigger food. Chips too and lately bread.

My book is urban fantasy...leaning more towards adult. It deals with love, pain, drugs, denouncing religion for Plato's ideals, and a healthy dose of supernatural. THe only thing is that the market is so filled with Twilight rip offs; I'd hate for mine to be thrown into a catagory like that when its not. It makes the market harder to get into.

*I'm borrowing my friend's zumba and only my daughter has attempted it. I don't think my body moves that fast anymore lol.

tingle
07-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Well as far as working out I find that I can stick to things and don't get burnt out if it is fun and I don't feel like I am forcing myself to workout all the time. I love Zumba and classes so I get pushed but I can't always catch a class :( The thing I love most is Hooping!!! Yep with a hula hoop.. hooping... and no they are not the same hoops we had when we were kids. These are big girl hoops and you can purchase them online in a thousand different locations but you can also make your own it's pretty simple and FUN! You can be any size and hoop, it's a FULL workout believe me. I love that I can hoop inside or outside and to music or just bymyself at night in front of the TV! woo woo I have never taken a video of me (never want to see what I look like on film) but I will shortly and post it up. BUt here's someone doing it so well.
*** ugg sorry.. it won't let me post a link.. till i have made more posts.. I will try and post it later down the line*

There's so much you can do with this and I promise you will be dripping when you are done and use muscles you have long since forgotten about. I love teaching new people to hoop!

sheramama
07-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Tingle: hooping huh? Too bad I'm not coordinated enough! That sounds like so much fun.

I got the man to buy me a biggest loser game for Wii since he was buying games from the kids. I want to test it out tonight. When I get back from vacation next week (a weekend at Hershey Park with the fam), I am going to start 30 day shred. I want to be consistant.

Last night I binged out. Like big time. I'm still ashamed of it. Today I went out to eat for dinner (didn't have time to really eat much all day). At least I got some protein and veggies in, though I could have done without the strawberry daiquiri and french onion soup. They were really good. I'm not going to lie. Tomorrow is back to the grind.

lagorditadecolorado
07-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Hooping sounds like a blast! I'm pretty uncoordinated too Tingle, but I have a theory that the more you practice, the more your coordination can improve. I'll definitely have to check it out!

Sorry I've been MIA ladies, I've had a rough end of the week, with 4 migraines in as many days, so I have not done well on my goals either. This week I gained 2 pounds, so I'm at 236. Boo :(

Hoping you ladies did much better than I did, stay with me, I need the support! :)

sheramama
07-04-2011, 10:48 PM
I weighed yesterday at 247 AGAIN.

sheramama
07-06-2011, 04:28 PM
After 4 days of calorie confusion (and thankfully not gaining any weight from it), I ate cleanly yesterday and my weight finally decreased this morning. WHOO HOOO!

I hope everyone is doing well and trying their hardest :)

sheramama
07-07-2011, 11:10 PM
lagordita: Hope your migraines have disappeared and you're doing fantastically with the dieting...

Same for everyone else.

I'll be away Sun, so I will be weighing in Mon

tingle
07-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Hey guys!! WOW sorry I have been MIA. We went on vacation and then this past week.. well the week from **** I tell you. I won't ***** and moan and go on about it but I didn't workout and I didn't eat right. So as of right now I am getting back on the wagon that i just fell off of. It might have to circle back and pick me up but I am a gettin' back on!!!
How are you all doing??

sheramama
07-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Tingle: I don't know if everyone left....There wasn't even a weigh in. I joined another long-term goal challenge with my short one...
You can get back on track!

momof3preemies
07-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Hey Girls can I please join you??? I weigh 222.2 today im also starting my dreded time of the month today boooo....but I just rejoined today soo can I join you ladies???

tingle
07-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Welcome! And good luck to starting out. What is your strategy for getting started? I am still trying to get on track :( I have not been able to wrap my brain around what my body needs.

momof3preemies
07-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Tingle I just wrote a huge thing and when I posted it , it vannished!!!! GRRR computers lol. So here we go again lol.... I am doing a slim fast sake it the morning im a horrible breakfeast eater! I have 3 young children 4yrs, almost 3yrs and 8 month old (hence why I weigh so much 3 kids in less than 4 yrs really does a toll on your body!) but anyways I only really eat salads with either ham turky or chicken in them..or if i dont want a salad I do meat and veggie. I'm also doing which some will prob disagree with 2 bottle water with hydroxycut powder in them I do not do any pills just to powders in water a day. And I drink tons of water im a diet pepsi drinker i have limited my self to 1 a day now... a few months ago I did a lot of working out and lost about 12inches but not much weight I think i built muscle I wasnt really on a diet either...so now back with DIET and working out! so we will see how it goes right now im on my yucky TOM but I did zumba this morning and stomach crunches....Also I have not had a sweet tooth at all with having one of thoose slimfast shakes in the am the chocolate isnt bad at all taste like a milkshake so if you get a sweet tooth try those! I weighed 145 in highschool after school I gained i weighed 165 right before I got pg with my first after my 2nd I dieted mostly salads workout a little not much and got down to 180 I was prob 210 after my 2nd baby was born.... then I gained some more right b4 my last baby and I got up to 245 with him so I have lost a little but now its time to loose it all im only 23 and im done having kids so it's time to get ME back! so im doing mostly salads and zumba on the wii and walking outside and of course stomach crunches however believe it or not my stomach isnt that bad! its my but and legs were i carry all my weight I'm bottom heavy! so anything that is working out my legs im gonna try!! LOL...What are you doing to try to loose the weight??? I see we are kinda close in weight and have the same goal of around 160! thats cool! We can do this!