Weight Loss Support - When do you weigh

View Full Version : When do you weigh

Alwaysbeenbig
06-19-2011, 07:33 AM
Hi!

I'm curious as to how often everyone weighs themselves? and also what time of the day do you weigh in? Does it really matter? etc etc.

Thanks all. :)

niknaknat
06-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Hi there!! I weigh myself every monday first thing in the morning before I have eaten or drunk anything :)

CeciliaM
06-19-2011, 08:08 AM
I weigh fortnightly on a Sunday morning. Cause I'm onto the end of my weightloss it's a bit slower, so I try not to discourage myself by weighing weekly.
I do this before I eat or drink, and after I go to the loo... (hehe)

butterflymama
06-19-2011, 11:05 AM
yes it does matter when you weigh as food and water consumption can be variable and greatly effects the number on the scale. At the end of the day I can be "up" anywhere from 2-6 lbs. for example today I weighed myself, had a big glass of water and weighed myself again and the difference was .8 lbs.

I like to weigh myself Sunday morning first thing after going to the bathroom before I eat or drink anything and wearing only my underwear.

Rana
06-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Every morning and every evening (I like to know what the scale will say the next morning.....I usually drop 2.2-2.4 lbs overnight).

I keep track of my weight overtime based on what I weigh in on a Saturday morning. If I forget, then I'll count Sunday.

Is there a better day? No, not really. A better time? I think mornings are the best, because it's before you've put food or water in your stomach, so to me it seems like a more REAL weight than if I weigh myself after a big dinner.

I like having a Saturday weigh in because it keeps me honest on the weekends.

Lovely
06-19-2011, 02:47 PM
My official weigh-in day is first thing Monday morning after bathroom time before anything else.

Mondays are good for me. It's after a weekend, so I keep mindful and don't go "weekend crazy!" It keeps me thoughtful about the rest of the week, too.

Sometimes I get curious and weigh in other mornings or evenings, just to see. But, I never "count" those times. They're just for fun!

kurisitaru
06-19-2011, 03:03 PM
I do Wednesday Weigh Ins. Morning, like everyone says, is the best time.

one small bowl
06-19-2011, 03:04 PM
I weigh every morning and record the weight. I watch the weekly average more than I watch the daily weight. The weight I care about is that at monthend, I have a loss compare to the previous month. If not, I look to see what changes I may need to make.

BowandArcher
06-19-2011, 03:29 PM
I weigh when I get up and when I go to bed.

Nekomania
06-19-2011, 05:45 PM
I obsessively weigh myself every day after I wake up and have my first BM (ewww gross lol).

I keep a record of it on a "sticky note" on my computer.