General chatter - Things that Annoy you

View Full Version : Things that Annoy you

ryeb
06-18-2011, 04:33 PM
What are somethings that annoy you?

I will start:

DETOURS!!! AHHHHHH

And the fact that I have to buy TWO packages of hotdog buns since they only come in packs of 8 and the packs come in 10's! AHHHHH

ShanIAm
06-18-2011, 05:41 PM
LOL, I am the first responder but I am already laughing at what all the responses can be.

OK, this is what annoys me. I get annoyed when I have been standing in a check out line for a while and then when the register next to mine opens the person behind me high tails it over there.

Detours annoy me too. Especially when the city or county decides to do work in that particular area at the BUSIEST time of the day!

luckymommy
06-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Yep, I agree with you both! I have tons of things that annoy me:

when people put perfume on in an airplane

potholes

eating very little and not losing any weight for a loooon time ;)

when my neighbors have loud parties and my kids can't sleep due to the noise

people who drive slow in the fast lane

when people are very late for no reason

I could go on and on, but I don't wanna annoy anyone! ;) Hahahaha!

kurisitaru
06-18-2011, 05:49 PM
People smacking food, or gum. Especially in a long line. Nothing worse than hearing someone Else's saliva roll around in their mouth .... ugh...

kurisitaru
06-18-2011, 05:50 PM
luckymomma I hate perfume sometimes too. REALLY thick perfume gives me headaches. I hate when women try to cover cigs with perfume. Or when men soak themselves in cologne...

Somni
06-18-2011, 06:22 PM
People that are on their cell phones and drive like crap. It seems like almost every day I get cut off, see someone swerving, etc, and notice they are holding a cell phone chatting away. My philosophy is if it's obvious you are on the phone by your driving, it's time to HANG UP.

This also seems to apply to grocery stores. I almost got hit by a shopping cart yesterday by some guy who was holding a cell and engrossed in his call, couldn't push his cart in a straight line then lost control of it. And when people do stop to just talk, they seem to block shelves and pay no mind to anyone trying to get at those shelves.

Cali Doll
06-18-2011, 07:17 PM
People who make gum noises.

People who switch lanes (in crowded traffic) without turn signals.

People who don't merge considerately, but instead ride their lane until it ends completely unaware while others are forced to move out of their way to let them in.

Smokers...especially when they toss their cigarette butts onto the ground. It's absolutely disgusting and I hate seeing their butts litter the world.

I'm sorry, I'm very easily annoyed.

Lovely
06-18-2011, 07:27 PM
People who use flawed logic to justify their actions.

Easy example being court shows: "She didn't say it was a 'loan', even though she said I'd have to pay her back. Guess that means it wasn't legally a loan, so I don't have to pay her back!"

mypinkpolkadot
06-18-2011, 07:30 PM
That the 24 hour fitness IS NOT 24 hours in my town... & closes the same time I get off work 3 out of 7 days a week.......it should be called 12 hour fitness =[

:mad::mad::mad:

suetalks
06-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Another complaint about shopping carts. For me it is when I try to step to the credit card scanner and the guy behind me pushes his cart up my heels.
Just happened...AGAIN.
And right now I am terribly annoyed that the squirrels keep getting into my bird feeders and the birds are left with no food. I already have to take the feeders down at night so the raccoons won't get in them. I just hate to quit feeding the birds as we enjoy them so much. :(

Grace73
06-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Annoys me when people
LIE,
Whine,
When you find an answer to someone problem, and they say. No i cant do that..
i could go on and on..

ryeb
06-18-2011, 08:51 PM
I hate that about grocery stores too!! Like really, I should be the one that gets to go to the new open lane first, since I was in line before you.

People eating popcorn in movie theaters! Close your mouth already!

fatferretfanatic
06-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Faulty grammar really annoys me. I am sure that I turn into someone on other people's list of annoyances, because almost without thinking I correct them unless I am really aware of what I am thinking/saying. My personal 'favorites' include people who say "pacific" in place of "specific". Also, full grown adults that say, "Libary" instead of "'Library"! Or conversate instead of converse. I could go on for hours about that. Hours, I tell you. Anyway, I live out in the sticks, so I really try to keep my thoughts to myself as much as possible about the subject.

Also, people that do not take good care of their pets and see them as disposable. Please do not adopt a cat and then dump it or put it in a shelter after a month knowing that you probably couldn't have taken care of it in the first place. Extenuating circumstances happen, but I think we all know those people that adopt a trillion animals only to have to 'get rid of them' when they become inconvenient. Or, thinking it's alright to turn completely domesticated animals outside when you can't take care of them. Seriously, if I hear of another case of 5 ferrets being placed on the side of the road in a carrier with the door open, I might just scream. Pet ownership is serious.

milmin2043
06-18-2011, 09:04 PM
I hate to see people smoking in a car with young children in the back seat with the windows rolled up (or just slightly cracked). Actually, children of any age. It's child abuse and should be treated as such.

*stepping off my soap box*

People who say "oh I can't run/not eat sugar/lose weight/eat better" when what they really mean is "I don't want to".

Commercials that make all men look totally stupid and helpless and all women look like disgusting pigs who have every "female" problem known to man.

Done. (For now). LOL

Lovely
06-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Faulty grammar really annoys me. I am sure that I turn into someone on other people's list of annoyances, because almost without thinking I correct them unless I am really aware of what I am thinking/saying. My personal 'favorites' include people who say "pacific" in place of "specific". Also, full grown adults that say, "Libary" instead of "'Library"! Or conversate instead of converse. I could go on for hours about that. Hours, I tell you. Anyway, I live out in the sticks, so I really try to keep my thoughts to myself as much as possible about the subject.

You just made me twitch and cringe.

To the side of that. People probably should avoid using words they don't fully understand in conversations. If a person isn't sure of a word, dictionaries can be handy. Using a word that "sounds similar" does not actually mean it is the same word, and can change the entire meaning of the sentence.

Or just make the person look stupid. That's usually what happens.

kurisitaru
06-18-2011, 11:00 PM
People who make gum noises.

People who switch lanes (in crowded traffic) without turn signals.

People who don't merge considerately, but instead ride their lane until it ends completely unaware while others are forced to move out of their way to let them in.

Smokers...especially when they toss their cigarette butts onto the ground. It's absolutely disgusting and I hate seeing their butts litter the world.

I'm sorry, I'm very easily annoyed.

100% I think these are all SO high on my list...

kurisitaru
06-18-2011, 11:06 PM
"When you find an answer to someone problem, and they say. No i cant do that.. "

"People who say "oh I can't run/not eat sugar/lose weight/eat better" when what they really mean is "I don't want to". "

These really bug me too. I hate when someone complains about a back problem and I'll tell them a million ways to deal with it or get it fixed and they make a reason EVERY thing I say won't work. Don't complain for sympathy from me for certain things unless you want advice. I have a HORRID back, had surgery when I was 11 and still have problems. When people complain about their back hurting and I mention doctor then get a reason that won't work... it makes me mad. So I'll suggest: "Yoga?" "different shoes" "lose weight...." "stretch it out" "pain killers?" "physical therapy" "Chiropractor?" "Massage?" and then get "I don't like yoga..." "I don't have time to buy shoes" "I CAN'T lose weight..." "Stretching just kind of hurts...." "I can't afford any of those other things..."

HELP ME HELP YOU

raebeaR
06-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Another bad grammar fiend here. I try so.... hard.... not to correct people, but truly, it drives me nuts.

People who don't know how to use an apostrophe, especially the difference between 'its' and it's.' And when someone tells me they 'seen' their friend, or they have 'went' to bed. Makes my teeth itch!!

People who don't realize there is no such word as 'alright' (winking at fatferretfanatic). It's either all right -- or it isn't. :devil:

Other pet peeves: People who talk over the top of other people. This one probably came from years and years of working in courtrooms. The judge always had to play traffic cop in the Q. and A. between the attorneys and witnesses, so the poor court reporter could take it all down. When you pay attention, you'll be shocked at how often people do this. It's rude.

People who automatically use a diminutive of my given name, even when I have introduced myself with my full given name. If a man introduces himself to me as Richard, I don't start calling him Ricky.

People who assume I have the same belief systems as them, either religious or political.

Oh, I could go on and on, too!!! I'll stop now. :)

Nola Celeste
06-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Ooh, the grammar/word usage thing is definitely a pet peeve of mine. My husband has called me "Conan the Grammarian" on occasion, and I admit I rather liked it.

I used to work with a woman who said the word "interesting" in an interesting manner: "in-stir-rest-ing." Do I even need to tell you she also used non-words like "irregardless," "supposably," and "probbly?" She used to drive me nuts, although I never said anything. Nice enough lady, but some of those malapropisms were like biting on tinfoil.

I'm not deaf to the musicality of language; I don't mind a colloquialism or an "in-stir-resting" pronunciation here and there, but I draw the line between colloquial and flat-out wrong!

Other things that bug me:

- Public spitting
- Furtive stop-light nose-picking going on in the car beside mine
- People who fail to wave back when you wave at them to let them merge into traffic
- People who feel entitled to special treatment and become hostile when they don't get it
- People who let their hideous kids act hideous and don't seem to notice or worse yet, feel that they'll stifle little Moonchild's creative nature by telling her not to smear the sidewalk with her own feces

Wow, I sound like quite a misanthrope! :D

raebeaR
06-19-2011, 12:15 AM
ROFL, Nola, you just made me feel faint with the 'irregardless' and 'supposably'!!! And oh -- oh -- oh -- you reminded me of another one:

People who give you the "eff you" one-blink blinker when they're changing lanes. I mean, hey, if you could summon the energy and enthusiasm to put your hand on the turn signal, don't I at least rate TWO blinks?? Yeesh!!

And dang you kids, get off my lawn!! ;)

fatferretfanatic
06-19-2011, 01:40 AM
People who don't realize there is no such word as 'alright' (winking at fatferretfanatic). It's either all right -- or it isn't. :devil:

Awwh, man! Of course, inevitably when one points out flaws in others they find the same flaw deep within themselves. That is truly one grammar point I never learned in school, or in college. Spell check doesn't even point that one out. I did look it up just now though and rest assured, I'll be remembering that. I'm also bad with commas. I'd really rather be corrected than look like an idiot later though!

raebeaR
06-19-2011, 02:05 AM
LOL, don't worry -- you'll undoubtedly catch me in an embarrassing error one of these days!! My dad does it all the time. ;)

Alwaysbeenbig
06-19-2011, 07:06 AM
I have to agree with all of the replies so far. My pet peeves are:

People who don't wash their hands when leaving a public bathroom
Motorists who don't stop at a pedestrian crossing
Talking on a mobile phone in a bathroom stall (disgusting! IMO)
People who stop in the middle of a shopping center walk way or aisle to have a conversation and block the rest of the traffic.

I have soo many more, but these are the worst. :)

Serval87
06-19-2011, 07:15 AM
I'm kind of an irritable person, so I can think of many. Here are a few: (sorry if some of these have been used already.)

It annoys me the most that people think Christians don't have a right to their beliefs, or that their beliefs equal hate.

When someone doesn't give credit to something I say, and then someone else says the same thing, and they then have the nerve to listen to it and think it's then a good idea (because someone besides me said it). This also goes for if I suggest a movie, song, or book to someone, and they're indifferent about it, then someone else suggests the same thing to them and they suddenly decide to check it out.

When someone interrupts me.

When someone purposely ignores me.

When I'm excited to tell someone something, and then they just give me a quick nod and a "Yeah." or "Oh, that's nice." and then change the conversation back around to something about them/their interests, like what I said doesn't matter.

When I have to keep repeating things to people.

When my brother says stupid things that doesn't make sense or makes noises instead of talking like a regular person.

When my mom tells me the same stories about her childhood/teen-age years several times a week. (She is not senile, she's just bored).

On that same note, when my mom refuses to watch something on television I pick out (Dr. Who comes to mind), and instead wants to watch the same lifetime/chiller/syfy low-budget movie that she's already seen three times, or an episode of vampire diaries or smallville that she's seen like five times already.

When people don't throw their trash away after eating something that comes in a wrapper/has a stick.

When my produce goes bad before I can use it.

When people litter.

Chat speak. I have a 16-something year-old-cousin that I had to block her news feed on facebook, because it's so irritating. I'll give you an example. This will actually be taken from her wall, and this is how she writes ALL THE TIME. ::drum roll::

"Juss bc yal hung out all day yesterday doesnt mean he like yuu ." Grrrrrrr.

People who have bass in their car, and insist on driving by my house at all hours of the night while I'm trying to go to bed.

People who sit near me after just smoking a cigarette or applying an entire bottle of perfume to themselves in church.

Smoking in general annoys me, though, because I'm very sensitive to smoke. It clogs my nose up and makes a pressure in my nasal passage that really hurts.

When people use the wrong word in sentences, or are too lazy to say all the syllables in a word. My mom is a good example of this. She uses the word "sarcasm" instead of "sarcastic", and she is also one of those "libary" people. I have given up correcting her, because it annoys her badly, so I just keep my irritation to myself.

People who misspell words on the internet when there's spellcheckers and google to correct it ... not to mention something called a dictionary (watch me now misspell something lol).

People who just plow over helpless animals with their stupid vehicles. Grrrr.

kurisitaru I absolutely agree. My mom has fibromalgia and refuses to exercise, because of her debilitating pain. I have suggested light stretching many times to her, but without trying it, she already tells me that it won't work or that it will make her pain worse. I have pain too. I had a neck injury when I was younger that has turned into a perpetual stiff pain, and stretching really does help me. I was just trying to help, but like another thing I pointed out in my post already, she never credits anything I say. Now if Dr. Oz said it on tv, maybe she would consider it. ::rolls eyes::

PEOPLE WHO FOLD PAPER! Ugggggghhhh! I absolute HATE that noise. It makes my skin crawl. :( But if I tell people then they think it's funny to do it even more, so I have to keep it to myself. My mother and husband even do it on purpose once in a while.

I'm not a big fan of cursing, though I admit to saying my share when I get mad or upset (which is something I'm not proud of and am trying to stop), but it really annoys me when people use F words or worse, G-D words, in casual conversations. OR when there's way too much cursing in movies or shows. I'm probably alone on this one, but it drives me up the wall.

When my mom becomes annoyed by my singing, but can tolerate my brother's incessant noise-making.

There's probably more, but I already look pretty irritable, so I'm going to stop there. lol.

Ruthxxx
06-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Don't get me started!

Grammar is one huge peeve for me too. I have to hold myself back from correcting posts, although I do use my MOD powers to correct thread titles.

Lately I am becoming very irritated by parents who allow children to interrupt adult conversation. When did kids become masters of the universe?

Whiners who complain about all they have to get done and then sit drinking coffee at the diner most of the day.

Diabetics who complain about high blood sugar readings as then inhale pie with ice cream or pancakes loaded with syrup.

Volunteers who commit and then back out at the last minute.

Dog owners who don't stoop and scoop.

Liars and gossips.

I think I'm just a crabby old lady so I'll stop now.

Serval87
06-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Ruthxxx, you would be super annoyed by my little brother, then. He's only 11 and he always talks back to my parents. My mom is a doormat, so she usually just lets it happen, but my dad used to be this scary, angry guy when I was my brother's age, but now he hardly disciplines him at all. He'll give threats, but my brother laughs them off. He thinks he's an adult just because he's starting middle school.

Sunshine87
06-19-2011, 08:12 AM
I get very annoyed walking behind people that are incredibly slow. I have things to do and step to one side if you are talking a slow stroll. Walmart during the holidays is like a death sentence to me.

Zeitgeist
06-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Tailgaters

Motorcyclists who strive to make as much noise as they can

Driving 10mph or more under the speed limit and being completely unaware of the line of traffic behind you

Incessant barking dogs

Graffiti

irishlad
06-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Drivers who dont know how to use roundabouts. In the wrong lane and just pull in infront of you, you beep them (or more lol) and they look back in the mirror as if to say they were correct and you were in the wrong lane...

lilmomma2011
06-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Ok here goes:

*People that are annoyed at something you do and outwardly show it but never tell you what it is that you did.

*Passive aggressive people.

*Patients that come in to be seen and when you ask them what is wrong, they say "I'm sick" am I to read your mind being sick could mean a stomache ache or diarrhea or a cold. Help me out people!

*People who make racist, gender biased, gay bashing jokes.

fatferretfanatic
06-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Ok here goes:

*People who make racist, gender biased, gay bashing jokes.

I hate that too. It is not only awkward to be around the person after that, it is also awkward having to say, "Those type of comments really hurt me; I would appreciate if you would please not say things like that around me". They usually get really upset.

lilmomma2011
06-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks fatferretfanatic, I was around someone who made a joke about lesbians. I was really offended. My sister that I love dearly is a lesbian. I am disappointed in myself tho because I didn't have the courage to say "those kind of comments hurt me", I just said that's not funny and walked away.

Have a good day!

gonnadoitthistime
06-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks fatferretfanatic, I was around someone who made a joke about lesbians. I was really offended. My sister that I love dearly is a lesbian. I am disappointed in myself tho because I didn't have the courage to say "those kind of comments hurt me", I just said that's not funny and walked away.

Have a good day!

Congrats on saying what you did, many people don't and just go along when they hear things they find offensive.

I was feeling annoyed and glad I found this thread:)
I have been annoyed for a while by someone on another special interest site (having to do with music). This person always makes people's threads about her, hijacking them, and I find it disgusting, I try not to read he comments, but there are times someone will post a great question asking for information etc, and I skip this woman's post, but in reading further, realize that the subject has been changed. This is a violinist's site, she is one of the many "returning" in her golden years with delusions of becoming a soloist and is quite arrogant, today someone posted a great vid of a young girl, very accomplished, someone born to play the violin, and this self absorbed woman had to post a whiny "if only" comment about herself.

Glory87
06-19-2011, 02:19 PM
People that talk at the movies.

This makes me borderline homicidal.

junebug41
06-19-2011, 02:31 PM
People that talk at the movies.

This makes me borderline homicidal.

This makes me want to pull my hair out. I love sitting around someone who likes to provide a running commentary. "But she's not in there! Why are you looking there! He is going to jump out of the car - just wait. But she doesn't LOVE him!"

GAH!

Then there's my favorite- people who talk on cell phones and drive. No, you are not the one person on earth who can talk and drive and not look like an idiot. Young, old, male, female... it doesn't matter. You suck at talking on your cell and driving. Special recognition to those that are doing more than driving down a desolate highway while on the phone, such as pulling out of parking spots, navigating traffic jams, and parallel parking.

ryeb
06-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Old people driving RV's!! Seriously, it is a house on wheels, they need to have a CDL or something!

Text talk makes me irrate!!

Inmates! Somedays, I really hate my job.

seabiscuit
06-19-2011, 05:19 PM
bad cell phone service!! see my post for my rant...

rude people like one of my new co-workers.

people who are late or very early

ryeb
06-19-2011, 05:43 PM
people who arevery early

I can't stand when people are so early either, because then I feel rushed.

m3rma1d
06-19-2011, 05:49 PM
People who feel they need to be the politically-correct-police. UGH!!!!! I try to just make fun of all groups equally, isn't that politically correct enough? :p

People who call me "Ann". My name is Ann-Marie, not Ann. Even my whole family calls me Ann and it makes me wanna choke them out! :tape:

People who insist, "But I love you the way you ARE!" and almost insisting I don't/shouldn't be trying to lose weight when I am clearly trying so hard to. One friend in particular DOES. NOT. STOP. SAYING. IT. Why am I not allowed to get to a place where *I* can love myself the way I am (like 70 pounds lighter) :?:

When people comment on my tattoos. Now, I normally try to just keep them covered with long sleeves and pants, but when I'm working out or if it's EXTREMELY hot out, I may need to wear short sleeves & shorts. And then I hear "Nice ink" or some dopey comment.. FYI: I HATE MY TATTOOS. I was young and stupid when I got them and I wish I'd NEVER gotten any of them. Sure, they can't know that ahead of time, but even after I explain it to some people they give me the "Oh, but they're pretty" crap... Well, they'd be prettier if they had stayed on paper and weren't all over my body. :(

Misuse of apostrophe's. ;)

I have many things that annoy me, so I may come back & post more.

Beila
06-19-2011, 06:00 PM
I can't stand my roommate! I eat all my meals in my room b/c she is a couch potato and eats and sleeps in the living room despite having her own room! She is a MESSY MESSY girl. I want to another place to live.

EZMONEY
06-19-2011, 08:10 PM
People that take their sweet a$$ time crossing in a crosswalk.....texting or gabbing on their cell phones!

I don't mind so much people answering their cell phones sitting next to me at an airport or someplace else...but I HATE-HATE them making a call right next to me....

I find that if I pretend to be the other line and answer the questions they are asking on my own pretend phone...they find me "rude" and leave...leaving me to quietly read my paper.....

Cali Doll
06-19-2011, 08:49 PM
PEOPLE WHO FOLD PAPER! Ugggggghhhh! I absolute HATE that noise. It makes my skin crawl. :( But if I tell people then they think it's funny to do it even more

People do this when you tell them you don't like gum noises, too. Oh, the joy of people. :mad: It's not funny; it just makes me want to punch people.

Another shout out to the smokers: Please think twice about throwing your butts from a moving car. I'm tired of trying to swerve in order to avoid your flaming cancer stick.

ryeb
06-19-2011, 08:58 PM
This one is kind of lame, but I get annoyed when people are like "I am being healthy, I will have a salad" but then get the fried chicken on it and smother it in ranch dressing.

I get annoyed with the protestors outside of Planned Parenthoods. First off, the one in my town does not perform the procedures they are protesting, second off, since when is a place bad for promoting healthy female health? I get annoyed with it. I want to go over there with my son and have him raise a sign that says "Planned Parenthood SAVED my mother's life"

fatferretfanatic
06-19-2011, 09:34 PM

Have a good day!

Don't feel guilty, you said something and took a stand. That is something to be respected. You are a very brave soul.

krampus
06-19-2011, 09:39 PM
I have many gripes, where do I start?!

A.) Entitlement complexes. This is a social disease affecting the U.S./western countries way more than Japan/East Asia, though some people here do it too. I'd define it as a condition where person X thinks he/she is too good for the lot he/she has been given in life and refuses to take any blame or responsibility for anything bad that may happen. You all know this as the coworker that moans and moans about how X company, X person, X diet has wronged him/her. People who do a sloppy job at work saying "They don't pay me enough for this" or "This isn't my passion so I'm not going to try at all." People who steal or break laws or cheat other people because they were told as kids that they were "special" too often.

B.) Rude customers. I have worked in service/retail before, but even if I hadn't, it would never occur to me to think that yelling at a store clerk or waitress or flight attendant or auto mechanic would get me what I wanted more effectively than being civil. I'm not even talking about being saccharine-sweet or too nice. Just "not yelling" and "not insulting the person performing the service" are fine, but it would seem some people can't handle that. I think I have a special pet hate for uppity airline passengers, who fit column A and B with equal awfulness. You're just a brick in the wall, slugger - why do you think you get to talk on your cell phone after the "turn off your cell phone" announcement has been made, or bring a too-big bag on as carry-on?

C.) Moral hypocrites. People with strong convictions/beliefs that act in a way that does not behoove said convictions/beliefs. From violent Quakers to proselytizing atheists, all of these people are miserable sh!tstains on the pants of those who actually practice what they preach.

D.) Mouth/face noisiness. Japanese people are a little worse about this than Americans, I've noticed - slurping spaghetti loudly, talking with a mouth full of food, smacking, making all manners of gross noises while eating. Since so many men smoke, it's a nonstop symphony of hacking phlegm and a choir of pre-cancerous coughs. And while the offensive sound of noses being blown is a non-issue due to the belief that it's rude to blow your nose in public, you can count on listening to snot get sucked in and out of the oral-nasal area constantly as no one ever voids their excess mucus. Delightful!

E.) Having to listen to music I dislike. I know 99% of people believe they have superior music taste and I'm just one in a million, but I can't handle listening to bad music. Not even "bad" - mediocre is awful too. I'm borderline Aspergers about this - if music is on, I have to have some say in what's playing or at least agree to listen to it.

F.) People who make closeted sincere racist remarks and try to cover it up. Sadly I have dealt with this a lot, even among friends. They'll make some blanket statement about X group and then quickly try to justify it or clear their names, but the damage has been done and I already have lost a ton of respect for them. Everyone has their beliefs but I think if you're going to think dumb unfounded garbage about X group, you might as well be upfront about it and wear your Klan hood - defending wrong and stupid opinions cannot be done!

k15g15
06-19-2011, 09:54 PM
People who take credit for what they haven't done.

People that don't give personal space.

Shoes that only come in sizes to 10. :)It's not fair to have big feet and not be able to get cute shoes!

EZMONEY
06-19-2011, 09:59 PM
People that think everyone has a right to their own opinion....as long as it agrees with theirs.

People that think I am a "hater" just because I don't believe their beliefs are something I want my GRANDdaughter to be taught in school.

People that tell me all about my religion when they have never entered my church or read my Bible.

My guys at work that NEVER remember to bring their time cards on time day...they never forget to cash their checks that the time card is mailed with!

Charitys that call me, asking for $$$, with one star ratings!

Nola Celeste
06-20-2011, 02:52 AM
Oh! Oh! Yes! I forgot about rude retail customers! Krampus, I'm so glad you brought that one up.

It is astonishing how many people just do not think of retail sales clerks as human beings at all. At least, that's what I assume they're thinking, because they feel free to gab on their phones, fail to acknowledge a polite greeting or even make eye contact, and make no attempt to pick up stuff they knock over because "that's her job, not mine."

If they get ticked off for whatever reason--you failed to give them a cash return for a credit card purchase, you put the receipt in the bag, you didn't put the receipt in the bag but handed it to them instead, you wished them "happy holidays" as the corporate drones told you to do and they don't like that phrase because they celebrate Christmas/Hanukkah/Yule/Festivus and how dare you not be sensitive to their religious beliefs!?--expect a lecture. If they get really ticked off, expect merchandise (or worse) to get thrown at you. I still have a little scar on my face near my temple where an irate customer winged me with a bible because I offered her store credit instead of cash.

It really burns me up when people are heedlessly, needlessly rude to salespeople and wait-staff at restaurants. It astonishes me how many people who are otherwise decent become little emperors and empresses when they shop or dine out, expecting to be served without ever acknowledging "the help" with anything like graciousness, dignity, or even a shred of tepid courtesy.

It just makes me want to shout, "We live in a theoretically classless society, *****es, so take your nose out of the air long enough to say thanks and make eye contact when another person--a living breathing person, not an automaton--sets your food before you or helps you find that stupid Nora Roberts book you couldn't remember the title of!"

...I had too much caffeine today. I'm sorry. :D

fillupthesky
06-20-2011, 03:27 AM
hmmm...i have a couple...

i am a smoker (and i always make sure to throw my butts in the garbage or one of the cigarette butt things that are outside some retail places) and i always hate when people feel the need to tell me that smoking is bad for me. i've heard about it, thankyouverymuch.

when people assume that just because i'm overweight, that i know nothing about nutrition and try to give me diet advice. big peeve.

drivers that do not yield to pedestrians.

pedestrians who run across the street two seconds shy of me hitting them.

people who don't pick up after their dogs. no bueno.

when i tell people that i'm from brooklyn and italian (and i have the accent to match), they automatically assume that i have some mob connection, or that i'm like those women on real housewives of new jersey...stereotyping in general annoys me. everyone has their own story.

phew. i think that's it. :)

Rainbowgirl
06-20-2011, 05:52 AM
Being ignored: This is a big one for me. I have self-esteem issues, and they are my issues and mine alone, but it really busts my chops when I am ignored by people I'm supposedly interacting with. I do some HTML-based role play chat rooms quite a bit, and I can walk into a room and be completely ignored by people who are my so-called "friends." I realize that sometimes I do complain a lot, and I am quite hard on myself, and I do try to keep it out of their MSN or out of their private messages in the room, but being ignored just greatlly grates my nerves, especially when I say something to them that is not in any way a "downer." For example, tonight I went into the rooms I frequent and one of the guys in there, who I know and have played with before, had an avatar (a picture on representing their character) on made up of a picture of the Vancouver riot couple (guy and girl kissing on the ground with riot police in the background). I made a comment to him, laughing, saying that "you know that couple's from Australia, eh?" because he, himself is from Australia. He completely ignored me, as though I didn't exist, and kept having other conversations. I know damn well that he saw my post because the room itself was quiet for a good 3 minutes or so after, so he didn't just scroll right past. That angers me so much and puts me into such a depressed, self-loathing mood.

Bad grammar: I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. I struggle with including the small words into my posts (the, and, he, she) or using an incorrect small word (a instead of an, if instead of, etc), but it absolutely drives me bat-sh!t crazy when someone posts something that makes so little sense I'm left with a headache trying to decipher what they're trying to say. Text speech and chat lingo fall into this category, too. When I do put ads up on dating sites, I read/delete any e-mails from men that are in any way like "hey u, how u doin. i lke u & wna go out wit u." If you have enough intelligence to operate the computer, then show it to me by adequately typing up a legible e-mail, kthnxbai!

People who stop being your friend for no apparent reason: This kind of ties into my low self-esteem issue. If I make friends with someone, I make friends fast and it hurts all the more when all of a sudden, they stop talking to me. I was friends with this girl at work all summer; we went out to the cafe to get coffee every day, we went out to get dinner together, I drove her home a few times, she came out to see my puppy when my mom brought her for a visit, etc. We'd talk for hours at work, wasting time (bad, I know), about absolutely anything. Then, starting mid-January, she stopped saying anything to me. We didn't have a fight, we didn't have an argument. I asked her 3 days in a row if she wanted to get a coffee or heat up lunch and each day she'd say no, wait for me to come back, then go do it herself. As of right now, she hasn't said a single word to me. No reason why that I can think of. It didn't bother me for a little while; I was able to brush it off and just say "screw you" to myself. But whenever I get into one of my depressed days (like tonight), it does bother me. I've had friends on my role play site do the same thing. We'd talk every day, play together, joke around, etc and then one day they'd pretend I didn't exist. One girl did it just this year; I messaged her a few times during the week and she finally replied with "god, you don't get the hint do you? Go away!" That hurt a lot since, like the girl at work, we'd been chatting a lot and having a lot of fun. We talked about everything, and I tried to keep my neuroses in check. We hadn't had a fight or anything, so the response was very hurtful. Even now, she plays in the same room I play in, and it's very hard for me to see her all the time.

People who tailgate: If I'm doing 130 km/hr in a 100 km/hr zone in the right hand lane, there is absolutely no reason for you to be riding my a$$. Move over to the left and pass me, for crying out loud! I swear, B.C. and especially the lower mainland is the absolute worst for this. One bridge here, which has claimed so many lives that they close down 2 of the lanes from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. is the worst. It's 50 km/hr over the bridge, but even at midnight God help you if you do under 80. If I do 60 over the bridge and someone rides my back end, you can darn well bet that I slow right down to just barely 50. When they pass at the other end of the bridge, blowing their horn and fingering me, I just wave and smile widely.

People who clog up the ER for no reason: I get that many people don't have family doctors (I don't). I also get that what ends up being something very trivial can be very traumatic for someone (I have anxiety and I'm a bit paranoid about my health). But there's absolutely no reason that you should be coming into the ER when you have a case of the sniffles, or stubbed your toe. If you think you might be pregnant, most stores have these neat little things called a "home pregnancy kit." It's the exact same thing the doctor would give you in the ER that you pee on in the privacy of your own home! When you come to the ER for minor issues, you clog the system up for people who are there for real, but maybe not emergent, issues. While some hospitals will triage the most serious cases, sometimes it's hard to tell if your stomach ache is appendicitis or a bad case of bad fast-food and if that little old lady's chest pain is a heart attack or just a muscle spasm.

A sub-issue with this is people who come in to the ER in pain and are miraculously allergic to every known non-narcotic pain medication. How is this even physically possible? It's not (usually) and it's often a drug-seeker.

Another sub-issue with this is lying about the amount of pain you are in. You are not at a 10/10 scale (with 1 being no pain and 10 being excruciating) if you can carry on a lively conversation on your cell phone while eating a bag of chips and asking the nurse to change the channel on the TV in the triage area. A 10/10 is pain so terrible you can barely move and during which the whole world could implode and you'd probably not even notice.

People who preach: Listen, I get that you believe in Jesus/Allah/Mithras/Vishnu/Buddah/flying spaghetti monster/Odin. You're 100% entitled to your beliefs. But on the same token, I am 100% entitled to not believe in them. If you ask me if I believe in whatever it is you believe and I say no (politely), it is not your cue to jump into the 1001 reasons on why I should believe in them. At best, if you feel the need to try to "save" me, it would be polite to offer that if I were ever interested in knowing why you believe, that I could always come to you with questions. That's polite. Anyone who asks me why I don't believe in something will be given the same, respectful, answer. Now, a sub-issue with this is: If you ask me why I don't believe in whatever and I tell you, politely, it is not ok for you to attempt to dispell any of the reasons I gave you. It's one thing to have a lively discussion if you know what you're talking about, and another thing to tell me that my reasonings are "stupid", "invalid", or "faulty." When I tell someone I believe in evolution and science, I am not saying it disproves the existance of God, I am saying it disproves the "magic" through which all religions say things happen (touting them as "miracles" etc.) If you would like to believe that the world was formed by a scarab rolling a piece of camel dung around, that is your right. It is my right to believe that the world was formed over billions of years from one, awesome, blip in time. My evolution science doesn't say God doesn't exist, it just says that things didn't happen the way (insert holy text) said they happen. Mortal men make mortal mistakes, can't fault them for it.

A sub-issue with this is people who believe in something but have absolutely no knowledge as to why they believe in it. When asked, they commonly say "because I do" or "because (insert holy text) tells me." These are more often than not the people who are quick to try to disprove any reason I give for not believing the way they do.

A sub-issue with this is people who believe that in order to be a "good" person, you must believe the way they do. I am a very good person even though I don't believe in the Bible, or the Qur'an, or L. Ron. Hubbard. I am polite, respectful, friendly, charitable, honorable, loyal, and decent. My lack of faith does not mean I am a menace to society.

People who know absolutely nothing about bird-dog/dog training but insist I'm cruel: I have an extremely stubborn chocolate Labrador retriever who is in her "teenage" phase where she knows everything/everything is far more interesting than me. Yes, I use an e-collar (a shock collar). Yes, I have felt the charge it gives and no I didn't die/was burnt/was scarred/was traumatized. No, I don't zap my dog for absolutely anything I feel like. Yes, I use other methods of training before resorting to a negative consequence. No, I do not want to pay $120/hour to be involved in your 20+ dog obedience class where treats are given. My dog's attention on me is lost if she knows there is food. Her concentration is only on the food and not the commands given to her. My dog is also highly distractible and being in a small, confined space with so many potential playmates means she would never concentrate on me. I know what works for my dog and I know what does not work for my dog. I am not cruel. If I were cruel, my dog would not come running when I bring her e-collar out. If I were cruel, she would cower or run in the opposite direction. The same goes for her slip collar. If I were cruel, she would not let me get near her with it, rather than come running joyfully because it means we're going for a walk.

Subissue: People who do not train their dogs: That growl and snap your dog gave is not "his way of telling her to leave him alone", it is aggression. Just because your dog is 4 lbs doesn't give it the OK to be aggressive either. It is not cute when your little 3 lb Yorkie charges me, barking like crazy, and snarling at my ankles. It's not cute when your Rottweiler tries to hump my dog and snarls when she tries to move. Yes, dogs do have alphas and omegas, but in our world you're supposed to be the alpha over all dogs, regardless if they are yours or not. An omega never humps another pack member, as an alpha you should be stopping it. No, my dog does not "need to learn manners"; your dog needs to learn not to act aggressively when my dog is exhibiting social skills of, shock, a dog! This includes snarling and growling while holding their ball or toy, lunging and snapping for my dog's toy or whatever she found interesting in the park (I don't bring toys to the park). You wouldn't let your child smack another child to get their Tonka truck, so it's not ok for your mutt to snap at my dog either. You're supposed to be the leader, start acting like it.

Subissue: If my dog jumps up on you and I give her the "off" command, do not tell me "Oh, it's ok! I like it!" I don't care if you like it. I don't. She's my dog and I choose what behaviors I find acceptable, not you. I have plans for my dog to be a therapy dog, volunteering in long-term care facilities and it isn't healthy to teach her it's ok to jump up on 90-year-old great-grandma. When I give my dog a command, please honor it by repeating it to her, either by pushing her off, turning around, whatever. Encouraging her and telling me it's "ok" is an insult to my leadership and makes me weaker in her eyes and in my own.

Subissue: If I am clearly trying to train my dog, on a quiet path away from the dog park, please don't walk up to my dog to try to pet her. No, she won't hurt you, but I am trying to train her for something and yes, being outside as opposed to in the house is beneficial to that training. Also, don't be the idiot who asks, when I am clearly teaching her something, "doing some training, huh?" No, I'm discussing how we change the tires on the car - what the !#@* does it look like I'm doing?

Subissue: No, my dog will not go deaf from the sound of the whistle I use, either the regular referee style or the "silent." Yes, she does have a name and yes she knows what it is. No, the whistle won't make her "******ed." The whistle helps distinguish MY voice and command from the 10 other people screaming and flailing around for their dogs, and from the noise the dogs are creating whilst in play. The whistle is also beneficial when we go hunting; because, you know, ducks are really weird. They hate when people yell and scream for the dog! Also, if you ask me how I trained her to the whistle I will tell you. I will also tell you how to train your dog for the whistle; don't turn around and say "oh, my dog can't learn that" or "my dog isn't good with training." Any dog can learn just about anything, all it takes is patience and consistency. If you don't even start, then your dog will never learn it. Every dog can be trained to a whistle, you're just too lazy or ignorant to try.

Entitlement issues: Look, I know you had a hard life. You were in foster care, your adoptive parents abused you. That's awful. But that doesn't give you the right to sit at home on welfare, milking the system because you feel "owed." It's even worse if you had a decent upbringing. You're no more special than the rest of us and we all need to work to keep society running. People like you make it harder for people who legitimately need social assistance to get it without being scrutinized or labelled. Just because you don't want to work, doesn't mean you can't. Also, saying that putting out resumes "isn't the way to get hired" shows how truly lazy and ignorant you are. No one should have to pay for you to sit at home and play WoW all day. You are not that awesome. Sorry. Get off your a$$ and find a job.

People who stay at my house and make a mess, and then say it's ok because I'm messy anyway: Yes, I am messy. I always have been. But that doesn't give you the right to make a bigger mess while you're here (mom!). When you take the peanut butter out, put it back! Don't drop your things in the middle of the floor! I know that my house is untidy and the counters can get cluttered, but don't add to it! I do get everything cleaned up when I can. Also, saying that I'm messy isn't a term of endearment, it's insulting. You don't think I know how my house looks? I do. I don't like it, but working 70+ hours a week has it's drawbacks and things are sacrificed until the weekend. Oh, just because you saw a few McDonald's wrappers in my car a few times doesn't mean I frequent that hellhole all the time. Telling me that I do and then arguing with me (mom) saying that all I eat is "junk food" when you don't live with me, really, really annoys me. You don't know what I eat all the time, so please don't speculate. It's hurtful. When I tell you I had a salad for dinner, don't act like it's the first time I've ever eaten one. I eat them often, and I treat myself to the bad stuff occasionally. It's what works for me. You're still overweight, so clearly you haven't found what works for you and/or haven't been motivated enough to stick to it.

And finally, because this is way beyond lengthy:

Stop telling me you can't lose weight: This is even worse if you're shoving a chocolate bar or chugging down an extra large Coke while lamenting over how/why you can't lose weight. When I tell you how to do it, and what has worked for me in the past, don't brush it off and tell me you "can't." Don't drop Slim Fast shakes in the shopping cart, tell me you drink 4 of them at work while eating junk food from the 7-11 you work at, and then get in the car with an extra large helping of french fries, and then get mad at me when I point out that that isn't the way to lose weight. Seriously, you either want to lose the weight or you want to sit around and ***** about it, wishing that it would miraculously melt away. You didn't gain the weight overnight, you worked at it. Just like you're going to have to work at taking it off. No, it isn't fun. No, it isn't easy. But it can be done and no you don't need weight-loss pills or appetite suppressants, you need to change the way you think about food and you need to change the food that you eat. No, I'm sorry mom but you can't eat as many french fries as you want and lose weight. I know how angry that makes you. Griping about how Weight Watchers lets you eat "whatever you want but you can only have like THREE french fries, how stupid!" shows me that you aren't serious about weight loss. There's no need to eat a super sized carton of fries when a small is all you should have at most! Yes, I know quinoa is awesome for you, but it also has 600 calories per cup. No, those aren't "good" calories if you're eating 3 or 4 helpings of quinoa along with chicken and salad and pop and dessert. I don't care how healthy it is for you, it's TOO MUCH!

Now that I look really *****y, I think I'll stop.

fitness4life
06-20-2011, 07:18 AM
Being ignored:Stop telling me you can't lose weight: This is even worse if you're shoving a chocolate bar or chugging down an extra large Coke while lamenting over how/why you can't lose weight. When I tell you how to do it, and what has worked for me in the past, don't brush it off and tell me you "can't." Don't drop Slim Fast shakes in the shopping cart, tell me you drink 4 of them at work while eating junk food from the 7-11 you work at, and then get in the car with an extra large helping of french fries, and then get mad at me when I point out that that isn't the way to lose weight. Seriously, you either want to lose the weight or you want to sit around and ***** about it, wishing that it would miraculously melt away. You didn't gain the weight overnight, you worked at it. Just like you're going to have to work at taking it off. No, it isn't fun. No, it isn't easy. But it can be done and no you don't need weight-loss pills or appetite suppressants, you need to change the way you think about food and you need to change the food that you eat. No, I'm sorry mom but you can't eat as many french fries as you want and lose weight. I know how angry that makes you. Griping about how Weight Watchers lets you eat "whatever you want but you can only have like THREE french fries, how stupid!" shows me that you aren't serious about weight loss. There's no need to eat a super sized carton of fries when a small is all you should have at most! Yes, I know quinoa is awesome for you, but it also has 600 calories per cup. No, those aren't "good" calories if you're eating 3 or 4 helpings of quinoa along with chicken and salad and pop and dessert. I don't care how healthy it is for you, it's TOO MUCH!

Now that I look really *****y, I think I'll stop.

Yeah, Rainbow, that was lengthy! LOL! I totally agree with what you posted, but nothing as much as the last thing you said.

I have a real problem with this, and it's not very popular to. Being the "skinny" girl, it REALLY isn't popular. I have bite marks in my tongue.

I posted this to add, why is it SO bad to point this out? Because I'm ruining their Biotch-fest?

When someone is having a self pity party, is it THAT bad to point out that they can fix their own problem?

I can see getting annoyed if "skinny" girl was bringing up the topic and harping on others who need to scale down what they eat when the topic was not already brought up, but when you are with someone just to enjoy their company, I have a big problem enjoying them when they moan and groan about their weight while stuffing their face.

fitness4life
06-20-2011, 07:24 AM
People who take credit for what they haven't done.

People that don't give personal space.

Shoes that only come in sizes to 10. :)It's not fair to have big feet and not be able to get cute shoes!

First, even cute shoes aren't cute in sizes larger than 6. I know, I have size 9.5's. :D

Taking credit....Oooo. That's a big one for me as well. Just recently, my bf took credit for an idea I had to raise money where we both work at the Y. Yes, he was there when I came up with the idea, but it was ME, not HE who made the idea happen. When he reported this idea to the supervisor, because he was my bf, and because we literally get NOTHING for raising funds, I let it go.

It ate me up inside for a little while. In fact, I still don't know if I should mention something to him. I think I don't because I'm pretty sure he thinks it was his idea and there's no way to prove it, and in the end, it really doesn't matter.

In the end, though, it doesn't help him at all because I won't forget it, I chalk it up to his character, and in the end, it may be added to the straw that broke the camel's back. Time will tell...

TamiL
06-20-2011, 07:47 AM
I have to agree with the stop telling me you can't lose weight comment!

I hear this day in and day out from my mother and sister. They like to point out how skinny I am and then proceed to tell me that its impossible for them to lose the weight because of genetics, thyroid....etc. I bite my tongue to refrain from unleashing on them. We share many of the same genes! My parents grandparents weren't big people. The weight didn't become part of the "genetics" until the last few generations!!! I grew up in a household where your plate was loaded with mashed potatoes, gravy, meatloaf and of course dessert. We were told we had to clean our plates because some starving child in Ethiopia was going hungry right now. When you teach your children this kind of behavior it becomes a "lifestyle" and serious consequences result over several years. Yes we became fat because we had poor eating habits, not because we were predisposed to being fat. I lost the weight because I rejected this "lifestyle" and started really analyzing what I put into my mouth. They could do this as well......but alas, McDonald's is a lot more convenient for them. Sorry if I have offended anyone but this is just the way things are in my family..it just annoys me that my choices are somehow wrong.

Serval87
06-20-2011, 08:22 AM
E.) Having to listen to music I dislike. I know 99% of people believe they have superior music taste and I'm just one in a million, but I can't handle listening to bad music. Not even "bad" - mediocre is awful too. I'm borderline Aspergers about this - if music is on, I have to have some say in what's playing or at least agree to listen to it.

I absolutely agree. I'm one of those people that cannot be indifferent to music-- I either love it or hate it, and most of the time people listen to something I hate.

krampus
06-21-2011, 03:14 AM
Oh mannnn Rainbowgirl I'm with you on irresponsible dog owners. There are so many vicious, untrained dogs around here, I've had to mentally psych myself up to kick them to death many times. Luckily I've never had to, but jeebus.

Serval87
06-21-2011, 07:39 AM
I know how you feel, krampus. I love dogs, but it makes me nervous to do my walking/running intervals or ride my bicycle by certain people's houses, because their dogs will come tearing around the corner, barking.

fitness4life
06-21-2011, 04:02 PM
People that take their sweet a$$ time crossing in a crosswalk.....texting or gabbing on their cell phones!

I don't mind so much people answering their cell phones sitting next to me at an airport or someplace else...but I HATE-HATE them making a call right next to me....

I find that if I pretend to be the other line and answer the questions they are asking on my own pretend phone...they find me "rude" and leave...leaving me to quietly read my paper.....

Oops. I sorta did that once. But i was crossing the busses only street at the school. No traffic was moving, the busses were all parked and shut off.

What annoyed the boogers out of me, though, was the bus driver thought it would be funny to jump out screaming goofy to startle me to make his point of the dangers of crossing a street and looking at a cell phone.

What wasn't so funny, is at the time, I had just left my abusive ex. I wasn't sure if I was in danger of him harming me and I was suffering from PTSD. That bus driver's little gag almost had me back in therapy! :mad:

nikkinouille
06-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Pet Peeves of mine:

People who complain about being broke yet they have to get Starbucks every morning... buy cigarettes... get their nails done... etc.

People who complain about things they have control over yet do nothing to change them

Tags sticking out of clothing

Drivers who don't use turn signals

etc.

sidanne42
06-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Annoyances:

~ Too many bumper stickers: isn't that a road hazzard in itself?
~ Too many excuses for falling off the diet wagon(s)
~ Too much "stuff" period / high maintenance individuals (self included!)
~ Teenage son's explicit rap song lyrics (they make my brain hurt)
~ Potholes
~ Little dogs that sound like parakeets
~ Dusting (pointless - 1 hr. later it's all dusty again!!)
~ Medifast oatmeal (a.k.a. toxic glue)
~ The many years I let myself hide behind my fat -- no more!!!

Thanx -- great thread -- feel much lighter now!! :)

Sidanne

http://www.tsflsupportinmotion.com/Tickers/Tickers/Images/Tickers/634440726107374111.gif (http://www.tsflsupportinmotion.com/)

Me1stAllways
06-21-2011, 05:27 PM
People who think they are smarter than others that have horrid spelling, grammer or their verbalization skills are horrid. Just because they have one medium of expressional weakness doesn't mean the thoughts aren't valid.

Coffee. lol...I dont get it, its discusting in any flavor. It reminds me of ciggeretts...everyone will try, it usually in high school because their friends did or do drink it and they know its nasty, so try adding a bunch of crap (sugar/ cream/ milk /chocolate/ friggan whipped cream ect) in attempts to make it drinkable. Next thing they know they are addicted and getting a fix daily/ paying a fortune for every cup.

People being soooo uptight that they cant laugh at themself, their short commings, race, color, creed... blah blah blahdee blah. Hang up the hyper sensitive politically correct neo natzi hat and poke fun at yourself and others, laughter burns calories :dizzy:

Dogs that bark allll day. Ya bought the dog, take a few moments every day to spend some time with it and train the friggan thing sheeesh.

EZMONEY
06-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Snooki

shcirerf
06-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Pre recorded telemarketing calls, and telemarketers. I am glad these folks have a job, BUT!

I answered the phone the other day at WORK. We were busy. I work for a Veterinarian, in a small community of about 10,000 pops. We were doing an emergency surgery and had several folks waiting patiently with their pets for their turn.

I answer the phone, to a guy with a foreign accent, who does not say hi, boo, nothing, just wants to know if I have diabetes!:?: If we would not have had clients sitting there, I would have said "NO", but I have herpes and my husband has ED, can ya help me out?

I really am glad these people are employed, but I really wish they would listen. When I answer the phone at work and I say, "Good morning, Sidney Veterinary Hospital", that should be a BIG CLUE! Especially the HOSPITAL part. It such a waste of our time, when we have more important things to do. And now, I'm getting that junk on my cell phone!

To Rainbow Girl, and dog training, I do understand where you are coming from. Labs are intelligent, however until they get to be about 3 they have the attention span of gnat. Hang in there it will get better!

shcirerf
06-21-2011, 11:43 PM
One thing that bugs me about 3fc, is the folks that don't know the difference between lose and loose. Folks you don't loose weight! Makes me think of shaky, loose bowels.

shcirerf
06-21-2011, 11:53 PM
[QUOTE=

People who don't wash their hands when leaving a public bathroom[/QUOTE]

I actually did this once. But, I was at a college football game and the restroom had a big ole trough of running water, and ONE lonely bar of soap that everyone had to share. ICK! I know where my hands have been, not sticking them in that slimy bar of soap everyone else was sharing AFTER they WENT!

shcirerf
06-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Another thing that annoys me is people who use the whole Politically Correct platform to try to bully their way into a better deal or what ever.

I have 2 great friends, one is a lesbian, the other is as gay is the day is long. I love these folks.

However, at work we had lesbian couple, who tried, in vain, to turn their sexual orientaion into free veterinary care for their pets.

We don't care if you're gay or black or hispanic and can't speak English, or fat or skinny or riddled with meth mites, or purple with green spots. Our job is to give your pet the best care we are able, and that is what we do.

abetterme
06-22-2011, 01:19 AM
My pet peeves are:

When people spell the word "a lot" as "alot" When people don't know the difference between the word "lose" and "loose" Seriously, once on tv, they played the movie "How to Loose a Guy in 10 days" Really?

My DH and MIL say that they are "flusterated" instead of "frustrated." It drives me insane.

When my in-laws try to subtly tell me how to raise my child. It irks me. I just get this impression that they think they know my baby's needs better than me.
When the tv is blaring!
When my MIL subtly hints that I don't need to lose anymore weight and that I lost my weight too fast. She says it took her 3 years to lose her 50 lbs. She said 30 lbs lost in 3 months was too fast (talking about her friend who did that) IMO, one can lose 50 lbs in 6-8 months and it would be fine, if they were healthy and worked out. It just is irritating that she tries to tell me what is healthy when she does not work out, and does not eat healthy. I think she lost 50 lbs in 3 years due to lack of eating from her stress.

When my in-laws try to push their food and desserts on me. I'll eat dinner there, but they always encourage me to go back for seconds.

There is a lot more, but I am too tired to type them now.

kurisitaru
06-22-2011, 02:16 AM
It is astonishing how many people just do not think of retail sales clerks as human beings at all. At least, that's what I assume they're thinking, because they feel free to gab on their phones, fail to acknowledge a polite greeting or even make eye contact, and make no attempt to pick up stuff they knock over because "that's her job, not mine."
D

^^^^THIS^^^^^

I have worked countless retail jobs in the heart of the city, and I am still dumb-founded at how people treat me like I'm less of a human-being and a lazy, slob somehow.
I once worked at a chocolate factory (before my weight gain... it started the downward spiral), we sold a ton of goodies on the mall, much like Godiva but with a TON more options. We had to wear a uniform and we got really busy sometimes. One day we were slammed and it was my break time. By law I have to take one and they don't pay retail enough money for me to not sit down on an 8 hour shift. So, I headed outside with my lunch, sat down right outside the store on a little stool and started a break. A woman followed me out of the store and literally walked up to me saying: "Hey! I want a chocolate strawberry. I need 12 of them." Then just looked at me expectantly.
I swallowed my bite and told her that she would have to go in the store and wait in line, that I was on my break. The woman just tapped her foot huffed and said, "I don't see why you can't just get it for me now. I'm in a bit of a rush!"
I replied as kindly as possible, "Ma'am... I'm on a break. I only get 30 minutes. In 30 minutes my co-worker needs theirs. This is really the only time at all today I get to eat... so... why don't you go wait in line and I'm sure someone on the clock will be right with you." (I probably had a bit of annoyance in my tone I'll admit...)
She literally freaked out. Yelled at me about me be a "Lazy, uneducated, good-for-nothing." Said I didn't have any thing better to do and if I was intelligent I would get a job where I would be allowed to have a decent break.
That was the last straw, I'm a f*cking human and just don't need to put up with that. Don't blatantly insult me EVER.
I calmly stood up, looked her right in the eye and said, "MISS, I'm a 4.0 GPA in the Colorado University and I plan on getting my masters. In fact, a lot of people in retail are getting a degree of some kind. It's not that we aren't intelligent, it's not that we are lazy, it's just that we do what we have to do to pay our bills. You have NO right to assume I'm not deserving of a 30 minute break during my 8 hour work day where I'm on my feet all day long and then go home to do homework. You can wait in line... or you can just shop somewhere else."
She then threatened my job and the usual, "I'm never shopping here again..." I restrained stating the obvious, "we are so busy you can't walk to the register... it happens daily... clearly we don't need your business... I doubt your the kind of person to give good reviews ANYWAY."

I just HATE people... I do lose it sometimes. I use to be SO nice to people and patient. These days, I really do have a short fuse. I'm not using bad experiences as an excuse, but I just don't like being pushed around anymore. A girl shouldn't have a scar from a Bible being chucked at her head!

/rant /rant /rant

I also agree with another poster about the religion thing. I hate when people tell me my beliefs are wrong or try to counter anything I say with "you're wrong" and "that's stupid." I'm agnostic, but for the most part atheist. I was raised strong Catholic and when I got older my mother decided she couldn't stomach the church anymore. Tried a lot of religions, studied them like crazy. She even learned to read and write Latin and Hebrew in college. I've been dragged into temples, churches, synagogs, and the like. Everything but Muslim religions really. After learning a lot about so many religions, my sister chose to be a Pagan (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH WICCA OR WITCHES OR DEVIL WORSHIP!!!!!!!) and my mother moved over to simply agnostic.
I personally believe that nothing can be proven, nor dis-proven. I'm scientific in that so far I believe in certain things. However, until there is actual evidence I won't lean either way. Science is always changing, people are always learning new things. Once we thought the Earth was flat, now we know it's round. I like history as well, but even if religions had a way of seeming evil in the past, it doesn't mean they will stay that way in the future. Faith can truly be a beautiful thing. Believing in something, supporting others, communities uniting together, faith in good and trying not to be "evil." All that is WONDERFUL no matter how you worship.

krampus
06-22-2011, 02:30 AM
Oh here's one! People who come up to me and say "Nihao" or "Konnichi wa." Fine if I am in China or Japan as those are the lingua franca but in the U.S. I have had so many people try to start conversations that way, or worse men thinking they're sooo slick and worldly using it as a pickup line. I understand that 1/6 of the world's population is Chinese but it still just reminds me of being a kid in school and having kids call me ching chong on the school bus asking me if I can see.

Kaonashi
06-22-2011, 02:38 AM
People who say "I'm not racist/homophobic/etc BUT..." and then proceed to say the most ignorant, generalizing things ever.

People who say things they should only think: If you know that what you're about to say is hurtful, mean, and unhelpful why say it in the first place?

People with no sense of personal boundaries: Apparently, there's a lot of people who never learned to keep their hands to themselves in kindergarten. I don't know you, and I have no idea where your hands have been. So no, you can't touch my hair. It's creepy and invasive.

People who let their children do whatever they please in shared spaces: I'm not talking about children who have some sort of spectrum/behavioral disorder because those parents are the ones who try to have some sort of control over the situation if their child melts down. I'm talking about entitled parents who think that their spoiled little brat's horrible behavior is completely awesome and everyone should put up with it. My annoyance is doubled if it's a non-child friendly space (ie: An R rated movie at 9pm on a weekday, a nice restaurant in the late evening, etc).

TMI with the cellphone: It's none of my business if you have crabs/your boyfriend/girlfriend is cheating/how your stocks are doing/your daughter is pregnant and you're going to beat her down when you get home. Please stop making it EVERYONE's business by shouting it out on the subway!

Drive-by dog doo: You know your dog did it. Clean it up!

Littering in public parks: Look over there, there's a trashcan 15 feet away from you! Pick your trash up and throw it away!

Thing1
06-22-2011, 03:33 AM
Im with kurisitaru - I work in Denver, I've had those jobs and those experiences and dont get me wrong I see myself as a fairly tolerant individual, but do people seriously have to be such ****ing selfish conceited apes?
Ah well heaven forbid you should show gratitude for the extravagantly lavish (by comparison to most of the rest of the world) life you've been given.
So maybe you could guess that people without a sense of courtesy are one of my main sources of anoyance.
....sorry, im getting down off the soap box now...
oh, yeah and i'm also totally on board with the whole grocery cart in the achilles tendon thing

Rainbowgirl
06-22-2011, 03:34 AM
One thing that bugs me about 3fc, is the folks that don't know the difference between lose and loose. Folks you don't lose weight! Makes me think of shaky, loose bowels.

:dizzy: You do lose weight. You don't loose weight.:hug:

Alwaysbeenbig
06-22-2011, 03:44 AM
^^^^THIS^^^^^

I have worked countless retail jobs in the heart of the city, and I am still dumb-founded at how people treat me like I'm less of a human-being and a lazy, slob somehow.
I once worked at a chocolate factory (before my weight gain... it started the downward spiral), we sold a ton of goodies on the mall, much like Godiva but with a TON more options. We had to wear a uniform and we got really busy sometimes. One day we were slammed and it was my break time. By law I have to take one and they don't pay retail enough money for me to not sit down on an 8 hour shift. So, I headed outside with my lunch, sat down right outside the store on a little stool and started a break. A woman followed me out of the store and literally walked up to me saying: "Hey! I want a chocolate strawberry. I need 12 of them." Then just looked at me expectantly.
I swallowed my bite and told her that she would have to go in the store and wait in line, that I was on my break. The woman just tapped her foot huffed and said, "I don't see why you can't just get it for me now. I'm in a bit of a rush!"
I replied as kindly as possible, "Ma'am... I'm on a break. I only get 30 minutes. In 30 minutes my co-worker needs theirs. This is really the only time at all today I get to eat... so... why don't you go wait in line and I'm sure someone on the clock will be right with you." (I probably had a bit of annoyance in my tone I'll admit...)
She literally freaked out. Yelled at me about me be a "Lazy, uneducated, good-for-nothing." Said I didn't have any thing better to do and if I was intelligent I would get a job where I would be allowed to have a decent break.
That was the last straw, I'm a f*cking human and just don't need to put up with that. Don't blatantly insult me EVER.
I calmly stood up, looked her right in the eye and said, "MISS, I'm a 4.0 GPA in the Colorado University and I plan on getting my masters. In fact, a lot of people in retail are getting a degree of some kind. It's not that we aren't intelligent, it's not that we are lazy, it's just that we do what we have to do to pay our bills. You have NO right to assume I'm not deserving of a 30 minute break during my 8 hour work day where I'm on my feet all day long and then go home to do homework. You can wait in line... or you can just shop somewhere else."
She then threatened my job and the usual, "I'm never shopping here again..." I restrained stating the obvious, "we are so busy you can't walk to the register... it happens daily... clearly we don't need your business... I doubt your the kind of person to give good reviews ANYWAY."

I just HATE people... I do lose it sometimes. I use to be SO nice to people and patient. These days, I really do have a short fuse. I'm not using bad experiences as an excuse, but I just don't like being pushed around anymore. A girl shouldn't have a scar from a Bible being chucked at her head!

/rant /rant /rant

I absolutely agree with you about this! I started working in retail when I was 15 and still in High School. I remember being yelled at by customers as a 15 years old and simply having to look at them and say : "What do you expect a 15 year old junior to do?? How would you feel if someone walked into a store your daughter was working in and yelled at them for something completely out of their control?" The worst part is the people that are the worst for being rude and horrible are the women who are desperately trying to climb the social ladder, who don't earn their own money and think that their sh*t don't stink. God these people make me so unhappy!

I am also working my way through university by working in retail and can say that I would never treat my dog the way some people treat me.

fitness4life
06-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Big city people visiting my small town lake. No, we don't all have to drive our boats clock-wise up here. Before you got here, I was all alone. And I like it better that way.

Boaters who have NO CLUE what they're doing. READ THE BOATER SAFETY PAMPLET! YES, you MUST remain 100 feet away from my dock! YES, your boat must stay 200' away from mine when we're underway! NO!!! YOU CANNOT JUMP MY WAKE WITH YOUR WAVE RUNNER! Especially while I'm towing my kids on their skis or tube!

No wonder there are fatalities every once in a while. Seesh!

joyfulloser
06-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Snooki

THIS^!!!:D What is a Snooki anyways?:dizzy:

joyfulloser
06-22-2011, 01:13 PM
It really annoys me when people starve themself to try and lose weight. Drives me possibly insane...the notion that because they allowed themselves to become obese/overweight, they must now suddenly PUNISH themselves. I want to scream at the top of my lungs STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!! You are ruining your metabolism, losing muscle and sabotoguing any hopes of actually losing the weight and reaching a normal healthy BMI.

I don't get mad at the people...I just get frustrated, cuz I know if I say something...I'll get the "who does she think she is" attitude back...so I must stand by idly and watch these people hurt themselves knowing they are destined to fail given there relationship with food!

That's another thing that's annoying...watching a person's behavior or relationship with food that will assure failure (whether here at 3fc or in real life) and being powerless to stop it.:(

EZMONEY
06-22-2011, 01:47 PM
junk mail

BoxerFit
06-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Ex Wives!!! ha!

ryeb
06-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Nose Hairs

Rainbowgirl
06-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Sneezing fits when you really have to pee.

junebug41
06-22-2011, 05:34 PM
People who constantly have to ask where something is or will look for 2 seconds before they whine that they can't find it.

ryeb
06-22-2011, 05:37 PM
That someone called it morning sickness, when it can last ALL day.

kurisitaru
06-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Bikers who don't weave in and out of traffic instead of getting in the bike lane... but bike next to it.

Cars that run red lights when I'm biking across the street.

People that hit bikers and then speed off. I could have DIED you moron!

People that almost hit me when I'm on my bike then shout out the window like it was my fault I had a green light and they had a red.

I obey traffic laws, can you?

Lovely
06-22-2011, 06:52 PM
People who think the world revolves around them and that everything said or done must be some sort of direct and personal dig.

...Yes, pal, I spend my life dreaming up ways of insulting you. Don't you know? Everyone in the world's actions are in some way based around you! From the guy at the corner who didn't say bless you when you sneezed, to the woman at the office that forgot you don't like yellow post-its when she left you a note. How awful! You precious, delicate angel... how do you even survive when everyone is always out to get you?

Unfortunately, the people who really need to learn this lesson won't ever learn it. They just go around assuming everyone else won't share their favorite sandbox toys on purpose!

MaryB75
06-22-2011, 09:28 PM

Also, people that do not take good care of their pets and see them as disposable. Please do not adopt a cat and then dump it or put it in a shelter after a month knowing that you probably couldn't have taken care of it in the first place. Extenuating circumstances happen, but I think we all know those people that adopt a trillion animals only to have to 'get rid of them' when they become inconvenient. Or, thinking it's alright to turn completely domesticated animals outside when you can't take care of them. Seriously, if I hear of another case of 5 ferrets being placed on the side of the road in a carrier with the door open, I might just scream. Pet ownership is serious.

:bravo: I agree with everything you said! Grammar problems really annoy me but not near as much as people not taking care of their pets. I volunteer for a dog rescue group and we come across dogs that have been dumped and sit there waiting for the person to come back for them, sometimes for days before we are able to catch them. It is amazing how loyal they stay after being treated so poorly. So many people just really don't the responsibility as serious as they should!

Other things that annoy me
*People lying
*Someone that makes plans but constantly backs out
*Someone driving to close behind me

ryeb
06-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Forgetting my lunch at home :(

sheramama
06-22-2011, 11:00 PM
*Grammar problems while speaking (totally agree) like saying, "Bafroom" and "da end" when you don't have an actual speech problem and especially when you are teaching young children. My 4 yr old actually told me his pre-school teacher says "the end" in a different language, ie "da end". AURGH.

*Not staying in your own lane of traffic. I'm not talking switching lanes or even volleying. I mean you're all over the place. It's really not that hard to stay in a lane unless you drive a huge MAC.

*Not minding your own child. If your kid hits another child or does something to someone else, it is YOUR responsibility as a parent to do something. BC I will. On the same token, do not expect other people to be the babysitter, especially a stranger.

I could go on forever...

ryeb
06-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Posts that are not directed at anyone get deleted....

jillianfan
06-23-2011, 09:49 AM
1. People who don't put shopping carts in the corral, but just leave them in the middle of a parking space. I have actually called people on that in the parking lot - when I see them attempting to put the shopping cart into a parking space, I yell out the window at them to put it in the corral.

2. People who throw cigarette butts out the window. I sometimes walk to the gym, and there are literally thousands of butts on the side of the road. That's what an ashtray is for, buddy!:mad:

3. Related to this, people who litter in general. I once found a full cup of pop in a parking space when there was a trash can not fifty feet away. Exactly how lazy do you have to be to do something like that?

4. People who, when they are in a construction zone, drive all the way up to front of the line and then cut in. Nobody should ever let those people in, and maybe that would not happen.

5. People who do not say "thank you" when you open the door for them. When that happens, I just say "you're welcome" anyhow.

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that there are plenty of thoughtless people out there who think that they are the only ones in the world, and it is someone else's job to clean up after them.

FrouFrou
06-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Where to begin...

...people who will not return their grocery carts either to the store or in the cart corral (don't know what it's called, lol)
...stupid drivers
...people who are always on their phones, in the car, in a public restroom, in the grocery store etc...and who talk loud...I don't need or want to hear your conversation, seriously
...people who flick their cigarette butts out the window!
...liars, whiners, cheaters
...people so close to me in the grocery store line either breathing down my neck or pushing the cart into me...and yes I have said something to these people
...bratty kids, the ones who do whatever in public and the parents do nothing

I could go on and on but I think most have already been mentioned above

FrouFrou
06-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Just read your post jillian, lol probably should have went to the last post so I didn't repeat

kimicat76
06-26-2011, 01:59 PM
smokers,
diva mentality,
loud people,
people who sound 'wet' (if that makes sense. always like they have some water or something in their mouth),
groups of cackling women who stop in the middle of the isle for NO REASON other than to hold up traffic,
some peoples laughs,
when my husband and i go to his parents house and my father-in-law tells me to watch the kid, -_- really?!?! DUH!!! im gonna watch the kid. i hate that he talks to me like im a child myself,
i could go on and on haha......

sarcasticpanda
06-26-2011, 03:52 PM
People that say "Chewsday" instead of Tuesday, or Cue-pon instead of coupon. Or malk instead of milk. Hahaha

zoritsa
06-26-2011, 11:48 PM
People who rsvp that they are coming...and then they don't :mad: Needless to say,I have a ton of food here right now that will probably go to waste :(

fitness4life
06-27-2011, 12:15 AM
This is a great thread.

I hate that typo's - even obvious typo's - make me feel like I look stupid.

Reapeated - i hate that typos eve ovbiour typose make me tool stioopid.

LOL

suetalks
06-27-2011, 11:27 PM
Grown people who babytalk.
Parents who let their children run all over a restaurant. If I want a child hanging on the back of my chair I will go visit those children I love, thank you very much.
Thong underwear showing....ewww.

fitness4life
06-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Getting sick or injured and not being able to work out.

kellkell
06-28-2011, 12:15 AM
People that drive with their pets in their lap. How can that not be dangerous when the yappy little thing is jumping around while you are operating a ton of metal going over 50km an hour!?

theox
06-28-2011, 05:38 PM
People who choose to assume that others' imperfections and struggles are the result of a lack of moral fiber and/or selfishness, and who respond by being outright abusive, passive-aggressive, or deceitful because they do not know how or cannot find it in themselves to be non-judgemental, compassionate, patient, and appropriately communicative annoy me. I should probably have more compassion and be less judgemental.

ETA: I suppose it might also be easier to make such strong negative judgements about the motives and abilities of others because doing so essentially absolves the person doing the judging from a)doing anything about the problem (if there is one) and b)taking responsibility for his/her own thoughts and feelings. It's the difference between saying "I love you, and I feel extremely concerned about your health when I notice how much weight you've gained. Are you concerned about your health or your weight?...What can I do to help you?...I know it might be hard work for you to get where you want to be, but I know you can do it and I'll be here for you." and "You're lazy and selfish! If you cared about yourself or me, you'd get off your fat *** and drop the weight like those [highly supervised] people on TV do! How can you expect me to care about you when you obviously don't care about me?!"

Serval87
06-29-2011, 02:19 AM
People that say "Chewsday" instead of Tuesday, or Cue-pon instead of coupon. Or malk instead of milk. Hahaha

I have to pay close attention to how I speak, or I will make those mistakes. I blame it on the accent and on the other southerns around me (like my mother). lol.

fitness4life
06-29-2011, 08:34 AM
That when I get a text, my android signals me with that gooofy smiley face - even when it's an abusive, bullying message from my ex.

Yeah, like that made me smile.

FrouFrou
06-30-2011, 01:05 AM
100+ degree weather...ugh, it's H-O-T!

hoping1281
07-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Okay I will be mean. Something that annoys me is when people clearly make themselves fit into a skimpy size 4 when they obviously wear a size 18. There are ways to look and feel good by dressing appropriately. If they feel good by dressing like that then hey more power to them.

Drivers on their cell phones and driving like a nut.

When your waiter keeps asking you how things are every five minutes and in the middle of you chewing your food. What's up with that????

People who do not wipe down the machines at the gym after using them. arrghhh this really makes me cringe.

duckyyellowfeet
07-01-2011, 07:55 PM
I hate when trying to merge onto the freeway and the person I'm following refuses to get up to freeway speeds. I get it on short merges...but really, I drive on a freeway that has a lot of semi-trucks and when they refuse to speed up past 40MPH, I almost always have to dodge trucks to save my life.

When students come up to me three days before the quarter ends and go "what can I do to get a D?". Build a freaking time machine and do your work from 6 weeks ago?

When people come over to my house and change the tv channel.

FrouFrou
07-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Fireworks!

effie12
07-02-2011, 01:58 AM
Obnoxious tourists! In my defense I am a tour guide at a museum in a seriously tourist infested part of the city, and sometimes I just want to scream and rip my hair out because of them. Maybe the questions are nonsensical, or they act bored throughout the entire tour, or they seem to be working very hard to make me look stupid, whatever it is there are days when I hate everything and everyone! I know, dramatic.

People who are rude to waiters etc: Nothing mortifies me more than rudeness at restaurants. Especially when it comes time to tipping. I tip 20% always, I don't care what anyone says. I find it both uncomfortable and inappropriate when people you are dining with quibble about money/service/tips at the end of a meal. This usually ends with either me secretly leaving a greater tip, or just giving up an paying for the entire meal. I will say, though, that this has resulted in me being well-beloved at most restaurants I frequent.

The "I know everything about being healthy" mentality: As someone who has read countless books on weight loss/fitness nothing irks me more than the oh-so-helpful skinning friend piping in their advice. I am by know means omnipotent on the subject, and I'd bet my bottom dollar that they aren't either!

Rude Children: Look, I'm 20 but my Mama made sure I say please and thank you. When parents allow their children to run around acting like wild animals, I cringe. Whenever I babysit (which is quite often), I'm sure to be something of a disciplinarian. I once actually had a mother admonish me for making her son say please! And another time a different one asked why I didn't let her child watch some television show, and when I replied and told her it was because her daughter was being rude and sassy, the woman was flabbergasted.

HOMONYMS: When people write 'of coarse' I think my eyes actually bleed.

These are just the few at the top of my list, I am quite easily annoyed....

Nola Celeste
07-02-2011, 05:45 AM
Effie, aside from being slimmer, taller, and younger, I think you're my twin. :D

I completely agree with your list and would copy it verbatim if someone asked me what got under my skin.

And to stay on topic and list an Annoying Thing of my own:

People who treat the locker room at the gym/pool as though no one else has to share it. I'm looking at YOU, mommy who changes a poopy diaper on the nice wooden bench in the carpeted changing area rather than on the counter provided for that purpose near the bathroom stalls. Also at YOU, jerk who leaves a 98% empty water bottle on the counter when there is a trash receptacle right there. As for YOU, person who takes up 14 feet of a 16-foot counter to unpack her immense duffel bag of lotions, sprays, creams and sunscreens so she can spend 15 minutes basking, leave some space for the rest of us!

And I'm sorry...I'm going to catch some flak for this one, I'm sure, but...it bugs me that the dressing rooms aren't Women and Men, but Women/Children and Men. Can't Dad ever take the kids over on his side? My husband reports that the men's locker room/changing room has a TV and smells faintly of chlorinated water. On my side, there's no TV and everything smells of kiddie pee. (It smelled like vomit one day last week after a kid went swimming too soon after eating, so I guess I shouldn't complain about pee.)

I don't hate kids, but man, I wish I didn't have to smell the liquids and solids they've off-loaded inappropriately. Share the wealth, guys, and take the little 'uns on that side of the fence sometimes.

effie12
07-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Nola_Celeste, AND we live in the same city! :dizzy:

anthem
07-02-2011, 12:27 PM
When people mispronounce Library...
Don't say: libary
Do say: library

EZMONEY
07-02-2011, 02:24 PM
My NEW energy/water saving washing machine....

I have to was my drywall cloths 2-3 times just to get them clean...:mad:

where is the savings in that? :?:

Nola Celeste
07-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Nola_Celeste, AND we live in the same city! :dizzy:

Ha, I had no idea! That's terribly cool. :D

Then I guess I can add some more to the list and you'll know what I'm talking about:

- Ratzafrackin' Applebee's customers need to stop taking up valuable Barnes & Noble parking spaces!

- Why oh WHY are there no left turns on Tulane Avenue!?

- Yes, Bourbon Street's shut off to traffic much of the time--but that doesn't mean the cross streets are too and that no one ever needs to look as they're walking along the street!

- Why won't someone take pity on us and remove Deke Bellavia from Sports Talk? Bobby Hebert can stay because I could listen to his accent all day. :D

- The number one thing that's annoying me right now: the NFL lockout. C'mon, we finally get the kind of team that could actually be a perennial contender like the 49ers and the Rams were when they were in our division and there might not be a season? Drew Brees's arm shouldn't have to wait.

nikkinouille
07-02-2011, 03:28 PM
I have quite a few piercings and tattoos. So these two annoyances will be based on my experiences with those attributes:

1. People who GRAB me, and touch me, asking about my tattoo(s). Seriously?! How freaking rude can you be? I don't want your greasy paws all over me. Ask a question like a normal person. I don't grab a fistful of your hair and ask you where you get your color done. I had a lady literally grab me, stop me in my tracks, asking me about my half sleeve. I wanted to smack her.

2. People who ask, "Did that piercing/tattoo hurt?"... NOOOOO. It tickled! Lol. Gets me every time. Here's your sign!

Kaonashi
07-03-2011, 03:11 AM
I have quite a few piercings and tattoos. So these two annoyances will be based on my experiences with those attributes:

1. People who GRAB me, and touch me, asking about my tattoo(s). Seriously?! How freaking rude can you be? I don't want your greasy paws all over me. Ask a question like a normal person. I don't grab a fistful of your hair and ask you where you get your color done. I had a lady literally grab me, stop me in my tracks, asking me about my half sleeve. I wanted to smack her.

I have locks so I completely feel your pain with this. I've literally had to dodge people who have one hand out to grab while saying "Wow, your hair looks cool! Can I touch it?" No, you may NOT, you creepy stranger you! For all I know, you may have gone to the bathroom and not washed your hands 5 minutes before seeing me on the street and deciding that you "have to have a touch" because the texture is "so neat and different." UGH.

It absolutely slays me when people get insulted when you call them out on their lack of boundaries!

ryeb
07-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Fire bans =/

I saw where someone said about tipping, I don't think I should be required to tip 20% on a large bill when the service was HORRIBLE. I have served tables, so I know what kind of work it involves. So don't expect to get a $16
tip on an 80 dollar tab if you were horrible with serving me, especially if the place was slow.

Angie
07-03-2011, 05:05 PM
here are a few for me:

having to put a coin in a shopping cart
smoking
lateness (it's rude!)
people who say excuse me as they cut in front of you...what they really meant was 'move it' I guess.

retrogirl
07-03-2011, 08:09 PM
People who text/talk on a cell while ordering something or paying for a purchase. Seriously, I hope your device suddenly catches fire...that's rude.

"Entitled" (re: spoiled rotten) people. I hate that attitude. It's childish.

Cramps

seabiscuit
07-04-2011, 03:09 AM
when people don't listen

finding faults in myself...hmmm

idiotic drivers especially those who don't yield to pedestrians, GRRR

the smell of cigarettes-yuk

people at my work- know at alls and those who intimidate others (back off!)

DaughteroftheKing
07-04-2011, 03:18 AM
People who say "oh I can't run/not eat sugar/lose weight/eat better" when what they really mean is "I don't want to".

#2 is me right now & can I say AMEN! I know I CAN... just need to get past wanting it bad enough.. & I will!! Awesome stuff!! :)

FrouFrou
07-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Getting up at 6 am to walk, ugh, lol

bopbot
07-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Anyone who treats motorcycles/mopeds/scooters like they don't have the same traffic rights as any other vehicle.

You may NOT pass me if we're in a single-lane road with a double yellow line down the middle.

Yes, I do get right-of-way at stop signs if I was there first.

You MUST completely pass into the next lane if you want to pass me -- not pass only halfway out of the lane because you think you won't hit me. You could, and while that may result in just a few dings on your precious SUV, that minor accident could be my death.

All of my other peeves are tied up in my most recent ex-roommate. She had numerous delightful qualities I'm sure I'll be recalling for years to come:

In the first week we lived together, she sent me angry text messages while I was on a date.

She put post-it notes on our thermostat reading, "Thermostat should not be lower than 78 degrees! It is NOT necessary!" I turned it around and drew a rude picture on the back, then sat her down when she returned from class and had a serious talk about what temperature we should keep our apartment. You know, face-to-face, instead of childish note passing.

She sent me a series of angry text messages while I was in my bedroom, and she was upstairs, at four a.m. WHAT.

These angry text messages were generally about cleaning the house. And each time I sat her down and said, look: it isn't my stuff that's cluttering up the common spaces. It's your books, your arts and crafts materials. It's your dust from sanding on the hardwood floor, your paint on the walls. I'm not going to clean underneath your things. Move them, and then we'll talk.

She claims to hate passive aggression.

Um.

Sure.

The straw that broke the camel's back came about a week after we'd all agreed to buy our groceries from there on in. (I'd been paying out of pocket for everyone's groceries, and our third roommate hadn't paid me back in five months. Still hasn't. She owes me $200, and I've moved out. No idea how I'm going to get that money.)

Anyhow, so we all agreed to buy our own groceries, and I came back from a weekend out of town to find some of my clearly labelled food eaten. (With most of my earlier roommates, we'd initialed our own food because we often bought the same things and kept them in the same places. Seemed sensible to continue in this house, because most of the groceries in the house were technically "shared"--even though I'd bought them--and I thought it'd be fine to let everyone know whose groceries were whose so there weren't any mix-ups.) After saying to both my roommates, "hey, please don't eat my food," the serial texter had the audacity to behave as if I was the one who had done something wrong. She called my initialed groceries my "preciously labelled horde," said the amount she'd eaten was so minimal that it should be negligible, and then brought up some completely unrelated item she claimed to have bought for herself and that everyone had apparently used.

Here, I lost my patience. WE agreed to buy our own groceries. YOU decided that you were going to eat some of mine. And, then, you have the nerve to behave as though I'm the one who's been unreasonable, who's done something wrong?

After this conversation, I found a sub-letter and moved back in with my parents until my new lease begins.

Anything's better than that BS.

jules1216
07-04-2011, 07:43 PM
watching motorcycle races having a great time...when two slightly drunk guys sit right behind us when there are PLENTY of seats around and one puts his dirty stinky yes stinky feet on the back of the seat right beside my husband...ewwww

most of the things I find annoying are traffic related but have already been mentioned

work related-people who take credit for other peoples work... when you are sick please dont complain about how sick you are and stay and get others sick while patting yourself on the back that you never use your sick time.....bosses (who are never in their office) of already overworked downsized staff who are already stressed who want those workers to account for every moment for a report to his boss....if you stayed in the dept you wouldnt need us to write a report

smokers who flick their butts EVERYWHERE but an ashtray including out the car window or the ones that do use their ashtrays but dump their full ashtrays in parking lots of stores that have trash cans within a few feet...

Alwaysbeenbig
07-05-2011, 03:06 AM
A ticking clock when you have a hangover...

fitness4life
07-05-2011, 11:22 AM
People who do not wipe down the machines at the gym after using them. arrghhh this really makes me cringe.

Yes, I agree that it's gross if someone has sweat all over the machine and doesn't clean up after themselves.

But...what if someone is not sweaty?

In the gym where I work, there are folks who totally FREAK out when someone else has not wiped down their machine. I always wipe it for these people, but if it's not totally wet with sweat from the previous person, I remind the client that nobody wiped down the door handle to the gym after they got in there. Yes, there are germs, but you have to expose yourself to them to maintain resistance to them.

I'm not saying that we should all risk getting ring worm or whatever, but in proper perspective, there is no wiping down of anything public to prevent exposure to all germs...and it's OK.

Alwaysbeenbig
07-06-2011, 03:19 AM
Sending your mobile phone away to be fixed under warranty, getting it back 4 weeks later and finding that they have not actually fixed the problem...what the **** were they doing for 4 weeks?!!!

NiteOwlMommy
07-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Oh the many many things that annoy me but my absolute top 5 are:

1) Reading my FB news feed and coming across this : it wuz nice 2 c u 2day i injoyed our time 2gthr it flt lik 4 evr since i last saw u.
I want to scream when I read that really because spelling out the actual word is to hard??!

2) Don't post all your business on Facebook and then complain why people know your business...Um hello you told everyone on your dang friends list!!!

3) Getting yelled at like a child when clearly I am an adult who acts as such and deserves to be treated like one. I understand your anger but there is no need to yell so loud that the neighbors can hear.

4) Picking fights in a public setting...I again the adult will not respond to your foolishness instead I will walk away imagining that I just karate kicked you in the head or anything that would make me smile because I do not want to deal with you at that moment.

5) People who do not take care of their kids...for example my SIL has a bratty 9 yr old and when we go visit my in-laws she thinks it's ok to go to her room and let her demon spawn drive me nuts while she talks on the phone with her man. *sigh* I have a two year old and guess what? I DON'T WANT TO WATCH YOUR KID!!!

Actually I have one more I want to sneak in because I had to deal with it rather recently and it still irks me just to think about it.

6) Don't pick a fight with me and then an hour later try to act like nothing happened just because you didn't get the reaction you wanted doesn't mean that I am over it. Actually I am far from over it my friend so just step back and let me sort out my thoughts...NOW!!

Well I feel much better now :D

IsabellaOlivia
07-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Bridezillas.

No, I will not spend 200 dollars on a vampire costume because you want a theme wedding. ( Anyone in need of a vampire costume for a very good deal, send a pm)

Wannabehealthy
07-06-2011, 09:36 AM
And right now I am terribly annoyed that the squirrels keep getting into my bird feeders and the birds are left with no food. I already have to take the feeders down at night so the raccoons won't get in them. I just hate to quit feeding the birds as we enjoy them so much. :(

I have never had this problem with squirrels, but I heard about something that is supposed to keep them out of bird feeders. Take an empty 2 liter soda bottle and cut a hole in the bottom. Fit it down over the pole of the bird feeder (assuming your bird feeder is on a pole) The hole in the top and bottom have to be just the right size so the bottle will stay in place. Supposedly the squirrels can't climb up past the bottle and therefore can't get into the feeder.

Carol

bargoo
07-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Drivers who don't signal.
People talking on cell phones in the check out line at the supermarket.
People who are impressed with their own self importance.

Wannabehealthy
07-06-2011, 09:50 AM
I get very annoyed walking behind people that are incredibly slow. I have things to do and step to one side if you are talking a slow stroll. Walmart during the holidays is like a death sentence to me.

This isn't too bad when there's one slow person and you can go around them, but sometimes there's 5 people and they are spread all the way across the aisle. And they get annoyed if you say "Excuse Me" to try to get by!. Oh, and what about when they all decide to stop mid-aisle and have a conversation? LOL

Carol

EZMONEY
07-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Drivers who don't signal.
People talking on cell phones in the check out line at the supermarket.
People who are impressed with their own self importance.

I'll add (as already mentioned a lot) drivers talking or texting on their cell phones....

coming into :mad: MY! :mad: lane....

so close that I can read their coexist bumper sticker w/o my glasses...

pretty sure that bumper sticker didn't work for ya.....with me!

Wannabehealthy
07-06-2011, 10:32 AM
4. People who, when they are in a construction zone, drive all the way up to front of the line and then cut in. Nobody should ever let those people in, and maybe that would not happen.

Here's my take on this. I live in Pittsburgh PA, the land of construction zones. Many times PenDot has announced through the media that when in a construction zone, form 2 lines up to the merge point and then take turns letting one car from each line into the one-lane zone. That way, you don't have one long lane of cars that stretches for miles. This only works if each lane is willing to "take turns".

Carol

Wannabehealthy
07-06-2011, 10:45 AM
I know a lot of people have listed "bad spelling" or "bad grammar" as things that annoy them. I used to be like that, so I know exactly how you feel. But I married a man who cannot spell worth a darn and uses very poor grammar. Not only is he a wonderful man whom I love and he loves me unconditionally, but he is very mechanically inclined and can fix anything. He is always willing to help others, such as neighbors who are having a problem. He will stop along the road if someone has their hood up, even though I keep telling him that can be a dangerous thing to do because sometimes it's a ploy to rob you. I have learned to be more tolerant of spelling and grammar problems because of him. I no longer correct him as I know it's embarassing to him. I am much less tolerant of those who are rude and hurtful to others and know they're doing it.

Carol

effie12
07-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Ha, I had no idea! That's terribly cool. :D

Then I guess I can add some more to the list and you'll know what I'm talking about:

- Ratzafrackin' Applebee's customers need to stop taking up valuable Barnes & Noble parking spaces!

- Why oh WHY are there no left turns on Tulane Avenue!?

- Yes, Bourbon Street's shut off to traffic much of the time--but that doesn't mean the cross streets are too and that no one ever needs to look as they're walking along the street!

- Why won't someone take pity on us and remove Deke Bellavia from Sports Talk? Bobby Hebert can stay because I could listen to his accent all day. :D

- The number one thing that's annoying me right now: the NFL lockout. C'mon, we finally get the kind of team that could actually be a perennial contender like the 49ers and the Rams were when they were in our division and there might not be a season? Drew Brees's arm shouldn't have to wait.

Yes all of these things!!!!

And just two more of my own (seeing as someone will understand them!)

Sidewalks in the Quarter: The hordes of drunk people (aka tourists in 95% of the cases, sorry) at all hours of the day, crowding around and walking so slowly that it takes five minutes to walk a block. This often means I have to walk around them into the street, which is fine, except when I get French Quarter syphilis water on my feet/ankles, in which case I can feel the diseases creeping into my system.

Mardi Gras beads when it is not Mardi Gras: It is currently July, not Mardi Gras Season, let's stop wearing those beads so my desire to rip them off of your neck lessens a little bit.

(I sound so angry/violent, hahaha, whoops!)

raebeaR
07-06-2011, 11:30 PM
slmn11, I agree with you... although bad grammar and spelling drive me quite insane, I think it's rude to correct people. I engage in personal dental damage instead. Quietly.

I, too, have been with men who are stellar human beings but cannot speak or spell well. I never corrected them. And I never thought less of them for it.

It just drives me nuts. :)

shcirerf
07-06-2011, 11:57 PM
My annoyance for the day.

I work for a veterinarian, small practice, the Doc, the Vet Tech and me. This afternoon, I'm an Army of one. I'm on the phone in the back with a client with a sick dog. I hear the front door chimes go off. Before that even quits, client has hit the "I need help" buzzer. I holler, "one moment" get off phone with client with sick dog, to find a client, who is just dropping off a payment. GRR!
We have a certain amount of clients who do this. They walk in and if no one is at the front desk they don't even wait for the chimes to quit they just lean on the bell!

IT'S 3 STEPS! Has it ever occurred to you we might be busy with a real emergency? Or that we are working, or what ever. We can't always drop what we're doing. Sometimes we need a minute. Have patience!

We have one guy who comes in and leans on the bell even if we are all standing right there! One of these days, I swear I'm going to break his fingers!

EZMONEY
07-07-2011, 08:38 AM
asparagus pee

sunlover
07-07-2011, 09:17 AM
When you post on 3FC and you get 50 views and no one replies. Not even a good job! I dont get it sometimes...if you view it, cant you take a second a say a few words? We are all in this together right?

Sunshine87
07-07-2011, 09:33 AM
What is asparagus pee?

ungluued
07-07-2011, 09:36 AM
1) Cyclists who decide to ride DOUBLE FILE on the narrowest, twisty road with hairpin turns at rush hour and who AS your trying to pass them, just stick out their arm for YOU to stop. Really?
Come on. I don't think I should go to jail when you get hit.
2) Pedestrians who walk/jog in the street, against traffic when there is a perfectly good sidewalk. I don't get it.
3) Winter/ice storm joggers. I came very close to striking one during a severe ice storm here in Massachusetts when my car skidded off the road, and she had the nerve to look at me like I did it on purpose! You don't have to jog, but I have to go to work lady.
Roads are for cars, sidewalks are for people.

EZMONEY
07-07-2011, 10:26 AM
What is asparagus pee?

:D It is the "smell" of your urine, the first couple of times you pee, after you have eaten asparagus....

We eat fresh asparagus often...kids always got a kick out of the "smell"...:)

EZMONEY
07-07-2011, 10:28 AM
When you post on 3FC and you get 50 views and no one replies. Not even a good job! I dont get it sometimes...if you view it, cant you take a second a say a few words? We are all in this together right?

:hug:

bargoo
07-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Even more annoying is the person who posts and never checks back to see if anyone replied.

tdiprincess
07-07-2011, 10:58 AM
I have to say that if I'm not in the right mood, I can't do Walmart. There have been multiple instances when I leave Walmart without buying anything because annoys me too much.
When my DH finishes a roll of toilet paper and doesn't put a new one on. Even though the extras are literally UNDER the holder!! AAHHHH LOL.

Jelma
07-07-2011, 11:08 AM
People who constantly interrupt others and when they can't force their way into a conversation proceed to talk louder and louder until you just give up.

People that shop with their cell phone glued to their ear the entire time. I just don't get it. I always tell my bf if he is going to talk on the phone while we are shopping don't bother to come along!

People that always feel a need to comment about everything you do/say/eat/wear, this applies mainly to my coworkers. Shut up! Just because we work together doesn't mean you need to know everything about me.

All drivers on the road except for me ;)

When I have a stray hair (from my head) laying on my arm, it feels like a bug or something crawling on me.

Commericals that are 100 decibels higher than the program you were just watching.

Music snobs, movie snobs, all snobs. Don't take everything so seriously!

People that walk super slow barring any physical reason for it. I couldn't force myself to walk that slow if I tried.

People that stare at you in the elevator for no reason.

Michinmn
07-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Things that annoy me are: I know I may get some slack for this one, but it's how I feel, and its really stupid: people that want to go 90 mph and put everyone else's life at risk....and just for what? to hurry up and sit on the couch at home?

People that think driving the speed limit in the fast lane...is slow and that we should go in slow lane...for example, our speed limit is 55, I'm going 63 and am in fast lane....why should I go in slow lane behind slow pokes going 50??

The fast lane does not mean we get to break the law and go 70 or 90 mph. Pfffttt....I've even asked a state trooper what is the law, and of course the law is......do the speed limit! The "fast lane" does not mean all of the sudden the law does not apply. He said if the posted speed limit is 55, then THE LAW is we go 55 in the "fast lane" too. AND did you know tale-gating, following someone's bumper really close, is against the law??

People speeding on black ice that drive 4x4's, I mean come on....don't they know they can slide and crash and go into the ditch like everyone else?? Oh wait, they don't know, this is why I always see SUV's and trucks in the side ditches.....because the drivers think they are invincible. But they find out the hard way....they are not.... their vehicles will slide on black ice too. 4x4 is to get unstuck...not to stop sliding. DUH.

Another thing that annoys me.....
People in MN NEVER give the "thank you" wave after I let them in a lane. EVER. And MN is supposed to be the "nice" state. What ev.

Michinmn
07-07-2011, 12:25 PM
I hate to see people smoking in a car with young children in the back seat with the windows rolled up (or just slightly cracked). Actually, children of any age. It's child abuse and should be treated as such.

*stepping off my soap box*

Commercials that make all men look totally stupid and helpless and all women look like disgusting pigs who have every "female" problem known to man.

Done. (For now). LOL

I totally agree with you!!!! LOL. Yeah, I HATE when people smoke who have kids in the car with them!!! OMG....rolling down your window even a lot...does NOT help!!!

Another thing too: all movies, commericals, shows etc.....always have to have naked women, eh um....girls...18 or so.....naked just to sell the show or what ever....I hate that! I mean if you have to use naked girls to make the show then the show sucks......and why can't men be naked in movies? I'd rather see naked men then women. LOL:)

smg33
07-07-2011, 12:36 PM
I)Itty-Bitty girls who say they are fat. YOU ARE CLEARLY NOT FAT. Saying your fat to a person who is actually big should be grounds to get slapped.

II)Not having an "eat-anything-and-gain-nothing" metabolism like so many people I know.

III)Being told "But you have a pretty face". Thank you, sincerely for thinking I have a pretty face, but it really hurts more in the long run knowing I'm the "fat girl with a pretty face"

shellofself
07-07-2011, 01:58 PM
1. People that text and drive. Seriously. How can you look at your phone and have your hands off the wheel and expect to drive half-way decently?! (Reason: I was stuck behind a guy going 5 mph on a 40, weaving in and out of the lane on the way home.)

2. People that hit your car when it's left unattended in a parking lot and run/drive off. (Reason: I now have a VERY large dent in my new car. I really hope karma finds whoever did that.)

I could go on and on. It has not been a good week for me. I've had a VERY crappy week.

Astrild
07-07-2011, 03:12 PM
People who will elude to something because they want you to ask about it. I never do. I know someone who will mention things, like a person, or an event I'd never heard of, expecting me to be intrigued and question them about it. If you want to talk about something just bring it up yourself. It's kind of childish, imo.

fitness4life
07-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Even more annoying is the person who posts and never checks back to see if anyone replied.

Oops...That'd be me. :o Sometimes I forget where I post stuff (coz I go on posting binges, I guess) and I also forget that I posted something. :D

fitness4life
07-07-2011, 04:38 PM
I)Itty-Bitty girls who say they are fat. YOU ARE CLEARLY NOT FAT. Saying your fat to a person who is actually big should be grounds to get slapped.

II)Not having an "eat-anything-and-gain-nothing" metabolism like so many people I know.

III)Being told "But you have a pretty face". Thank you, sincerely for thinking I have a pretty face, but it really hurts more in the long run knowing I'm the "fat girl with a pretty face"

II is a total myth. I'm one of "those" but I don't "eat anything". I eat what I want and usually, it isn't just "anything" but more of a carefully considered concoction of weekly calories vs weekly exercise which = at times, I can eat garbage. But it most definitely isn't eating anything all the time.

Bellamack
07-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Bigots
Racists
Smokers
Tattoos on woman
Talking on cell phones in public
Texting while I am trying to talk to someone
Entitlement programs
Bad drivers
Scammers/liars
Excuses

Michinmn
07-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Good ones Bellamack!

fight2winthis
07-07-2011, 06:02 PM
people that think they're always right!

fight2winthis
07-07-2011, 06:03 PM
even when they're not, or sometimes even when they actually are lol

SaraWrites03
07-07-2011, 11:06 PM
When I am interrupted.

Oh- and story toppers. OH MY GOODNESS. Story toppers that interrupt are the absolute WORST. You never EVER want to vent to these people... they will tell you their life story.

And people using the word "seen" in the wrong tense. *shudder*

effie12
07-08-2011, 12:53 AM
Oh- and story toppers. OH MY GOODNESS. Story toppers that interrupt are the absolute WORST. You never EVER want to vent to these people... they will tell you their life story.

YES YES YES YES YES.

I have several friends who are the absolute queens of story topping. I don't get the point of it, it really just makes them look like self involved b******.

Avezy44
07-08-2011, 01:30 AM
Bad Tippers.

Wannabehealthy
07-08-2011, 09:43 AM
The fast lane does not mean we get to break the law and go 70 or 90 mph. Pfffttt....I've even asked a state trooper what is the law, and of course the law is......do the speed limit! The "fast lane" does not mean all of the sudden the law does not apply. He said if the posted speed limit is 55, then THE LAW is we go 55 in the "fast lane" too. AND did you know tale-gating, following someone's bumper really close, is against the law??

I believe the law states that the "fast lane" properly known as the "passing lane" should only be used if you are actually passing a slower driver, or if you are making a left turn. Also, if someone comes up behind you in the left lane, you are supposed to move to the right lane and let them pass. So many drivers automatically drive in the left lane even when there are no cars in the right lane.

Note: After I posted this I googled "driving in the left lane" and found a chart by state. I am quoting PA law in the above paragraph. Different states apply the laws differently.

Carol

Michinmn
07-08-2011, 11:31 AM
I believe the law states that the "fast lane" properly known as the "passing lane" should only be used if you are actually passing a slower driver, or if you are making a left turn. Also, if someone comes up behind you in the left lane, you are supposed to move to the right lane and let them pass. So many drivers automatically drive in the left lane even when there are no cars in the right lane.

Note: After I posted this I googled "driving in the left lane" and found a chart by state. I am quoting PA law in the above paragraph. Different states apply the laws differently.

Carol

Very true, laws differ in different states. In MN I spoke to a State Trooper, the law is: whatever the speed limit posted IS the speed limit. However, it is not the law that people have to move to the right lane so speeders can pass. I believe this is not the law in any state, but again, each state is different.
The trooper said to me, its courtesy but NOT the law to have to move out of the way.

I mean it makes since, why would the speed law all of the sudden not apply just because we are in the left lane?? The law is the law, if the speed limit posted says 65, it's 65 in all lanes. Not 65 in one lane then 90 in the other.

He also said, actually it's against the law to ride someone's a** (bumper).

ZebraBri
07-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Things I absolutely cannot stand:

*When people pee on the toilet seat and do not clean it up.
*When people wear leggings as pants.
*When people put things on top of the dashboard of the car.
*When PeOpLE tYpE lIeK tHiS and spell horrendously.
*When people make fun of other people because their size!

So much more! Hahaha. A lot of them are bathroom related.

Alwaysbeenbig
07-09-2011, 05:12 AM
Talking on your mobile in a public rest room. Personally I think this is revolting.
Even taking your phone into a bathroom at home is not on in my opinion. YUK!

Michinmn
07-09-2011, 09:51 AM
This just happened yesterday.....forgot about it until then....

when people who CLEARLY are not handicapped but still park in the handicap spot and put that little sign out (they must have a family member who is) and no one in the vehicle is handicapped. This drives me bonkers!!!! What if someone who REALLY needed that spot?

laurielou
07-09-2011, 10:26 AM
People who don't use their turn signals.

People who use the wrong "your." IT LOOKS SO WRONG!

EZMONEY
07-09-2011, 11:29 AM

People who use the wrong "your." IT LOOKS SO WRONG!

Your sew write! ;)

Michinmn
07-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Your sew write! ;)

LOL! :dizzy:
Good one. :carrot::joker::flow1:

laurielou
07-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Haha -- drives me crazy! I want to send them back to 2nd grade.

FrouFrou
07-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Tattoos on women, lol...(that doesn't annoy me by the way, just struck me as funny why it would annoy someone. Besides, I hve 4 and plan 4 more!)

...people who judge others
...headaches!

raebeaR
07-10-2011, 01:13 AM
I believe this is not the law in any state, but again, each state is different.

Quick topic jump: It is the law here in Oregon. Use the left lane to pass only. Otherwise, get your sorry butt back into the right-hand lane!! :)

Wannabehealthy
07-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Quick topic jump: It is the law here in Oregon. Use the left lane to pass only. Otherwise, get your sorry butt back into the right-hand lane!! :)

That's the law here in PA too. It doesn't matter if the person who is wanting to pass you is speeding, you are still required to pull over and let them pass. I might add that if that person is tailgating to try to get you to move over, they are also breaking the law and can be ticketed.

Carol

EZMONEY
07-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Evidently here in southern California it is quite all right to drive 50 in the fast lane....

as all the cars pass you...

as long as you are texting on your cell phone.

kurisitaru
07-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Jehovah's Witnesses that don't give up and don't listen to reason.

I'm not religious. I'm agnostic, I don't believe in anything, yet I understand that there is a small (tiny and microscopic) possibility that there is some sort of higher power. Science has yet to disprove all religions I'm sure it will one day get there, or... who knows... maybe it will prove the existence of a god or gods. Or come up with enough evidence to lead to a strong conclusions.. as of yet, it hasn't. Either way, don't BULLY me into your beliefs. I believe you have every right to believe what ever you want to believe. I believe at this point in time no one is "wrong" and no one is "right." It's all really a mute argument if you ask me. Faith can be pretty, and it can be down right ugly. Just don't come to my door, and tell me that it's a FACT that all life is created by your God and then get all huffy if I DARE question anything you say or tell you I AM NOT INTERESTED IN HEARING ABOUT YOUR RELIGION!
*huff huff*
I just don't like the bible thumper types. If I wanted to know, I'd ask. If you knock on my door and ask if I want to hear about Jesus, and I say "No thanks," that means you reply with: "Thank you for your time, have a nice day," and MOVE ON!

Canvassers that try to get you to spend $35 a month or so on any project.
I'm so sick of someone jumping in front of me as I'm biking/walking down the street and asking me if I have time for the environment/children/economy/etc. If I'm kind enough to stop and listen, then go ahead and say your piece. If I have questions, ANSWER THEM! You're the expert, I have questions about your program. If I'm going to put money to anything, I sure as **** better know where it's going, what it's doing, and that it's safe. It's my hard earned money, I don't want someone to pull me aside and tell me about starving kids in Africa, have me donate money and then find out that the vast majority of my money paid off some corporate CEO or "campaign funding" for some mayor. I want to know that the money I donate is going to help the starving kids in Africa. Every cent of it.
If I don't want to donate because I honestly don't make a lot of money, I don't have money, or I don't like your program. Don't try to "guilt" me into anything. "OH! Well, you can't afford it? I mean... come on.. how much was that cup of coffee you were holding? If you quit coffee you could spend money on my program!" You know what dill-hole, this coffee is free. I get it from a friend, and even if it cost me a few bucks I don't get it often. I don't really indulge on life and can't afford the things I feel I need and really want... btw, how much are they paying you to stand here and guilt people like me into giving you money?

Men that whistle, make sex noises, or obviously objectify you.
You would think this would be a compliment... but it's not. It's creepy when a random guy tilts his head in an obvious way and says something completely inappropriate like "MMMMMMMMMMmmmm, I'd sure like to tap that! Gurl, you and me should go in the alley for a few..."
Kill me. Shoot me... LEAVE ME ALONE!
I really hate these guys, because no matter how you react, you're doomed.
If you tell them "no" in a kind way, that just means follow me a few blocks and chase me into something public the whole time trying to grab me or "convince me" you'll be the best I'll ever have.
If you say "no" in a rude mean way. Then it goes from "sexy mama" to "I'm going to hold you down and hurt you." They'll follow you a few blocks making more and more vulgar comments until you can escape into a public place.
If you ignore them, then they follow you for a few blocks threatening you because you're "so rude" and all they want to do to you is [fill in the blank].
No matter what I do to these guys... or how I react... they harass you, scare you, and follow you around, sometimes they even get a little physical. It's NOT ok.

Pan Handlers that get mad at me when I don't have anything for them.
I don't carry cash. If I do, it's for something specific (Like for getting quarters for the bus or something). I've been mugged a few times and you never get your cash back. So I don't carry it. Needless to say, I don't give money to bums on the street. I've given an apple a few times, or left overs, but never money. And I hate, HATE, when some beggar calls me names, charges me, or throws things because I say I have no cash. I also really hate when they continue to whine and follow me complaining about the government or something.

Petitioners that don't get to the point and get upset when I don't agree with their petition so I won't sign anything.
Don't ramble on to me about the 1920s or something off topic that sort-of-not-really has something to do with what you need my signature for. Time is precious to me. If you want something signed and I agree with it, what's a signature? If you want something signed and I'm like... UGH! I HATE YOUR IDEA! Or Law you're trying enact, I'm not signing. I listened to your speil, I considered the out come, I made up my mind, I'm not signing. Go bug someone else.

I seriously don't answer my door anymore. My friends will call or text if it's them, and I know if I've ordered food and am expecting it. Anyone else... LEAVE ME ALONE!
I avoid people on the street. I wear a head set of talk on the phone a clear sign of "Don't Talk To Me."
I use to be nice, now I have no problem telling someone to shove off if they annoy me. I use to be all apologetic or tried to bow out gracefully, now it's the sharp "NO!" and a book it out of there.

/vent/vent/VENT

I can't wait to graduate so I can move out of the inner city area (school and work are down town, I don't live in a bad area, I just commute to one). People are jerks, creepy, and rude. I'm a nice person... I swear! I just get sick of the harassment.

FrouFrou
07-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Not being able to finish my book!

jules1216
07-12-2011, 05:22 PM
judgemental, unforgiving and heartless people...oh and add a side of manipulative...

teetee93
07-12-2011, 05:58 PM
When people crack their knuckles and when people pick their scabs.