General chatter - My boyfriend left...

View Full Version : My boyfriend left...

lilmomma2011
06-18-2011, 03:52 PM
My boyfriend left on Wednesday-he moved over 800 miles away and I miss him terribly. I miss his scent already. However, I am doing my happy dance today :carrot:, because I have not over eaten or binged to help me deal with his departure. Normally I would eat and eat and eat to make myself feel better. Not this time. I am so thankful for the love, support and advice that I find here on 3fc!!

mypinkpolkadot
06-18-2011, 04:22 PM
awe =( My boyfriend lives 700 miles away so I get it. He just visited last weekend, and I miss his scent =(((

:hug: you'll get through it.. any plans on moving with him?

shoeluver67
06-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Last year, my boyfriend moved 400 miles away to take a job for 3 months. i lost TWENTY pounds!!! when he moved back, i gained back every ounce :-(

i know it hurts, and i know how hard it is TRUST ME...but use this time for YOU. find YOU again...take care and concentrate on YOU. for once you can work out as much as you want and not have to worry about finding time for him. you can cook less food and not worry if it's meals he would like...and just think how great you will look when you DO see him again!

ryeb
06-18-2011, 04:35 PM
i know it hurts, and i know how hard it is TRUST ME...but use this time for YOU. find YOU again...take care and concentrate on YOU. for once you can work out as much as you want and not have to worry about finding time for him. you can cook less food and not worry if it's meals he would like...and just think how great you will look when you DO see him again!

^^^^^^ This^^^^^^

Keep your head up, and congratulations on not resorting to food for comfort!

Lovely
06-18-2011, 07:30 PM
:hug:

It's difficult, but you're doing so well by taking care of yourself and not using food to work through emotions. You deserve to be proud!

lilmomma2011
06-18-2011, 07:49 PM
No plans to move yet.....but I can't imagine life without him! Thank u all for the encouragement 3fc!!!

hhaffner
06-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Great to hear and congrats.
Always nice to hear stories like this.
Thanks for sharing.
Hope you get reunited soon

CeciliaM
06-18-2011, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=shoeluver67;3897042]Last year, my boyfriend moved 400 miles away to take a job for 3 months. i lost TWENTY pounds!!! when he moved back, i gained back every ounce :-( QUOTE]

That doesn't sound like a good thing. Some relationships aren't healthy for weightloss and eating right. Why did you gain the weight back when he got back? Does he have bad eating habits that you share when you are together? Maybe you should try to get him involved and supprotive of your weightloss, especially if he has some to lose too. You might be sabotaging your weightloss - don't let that happen!:hug:

shoeluver67
06-18-2011, 10:50 PM
He is in OUTSTANDING shape...and is supportive of me. unfortunately, when he came back, i went back to both eating and cooking dinner. which before he moved in i rarely ate...then when he moved i went back to that habit. i have a completely sedentary job where i straight SIT for 12 solid hours a day, AND (and this is probably the biggest factor) i also went back to making HIM my priority and NOT me, which i am working on. Also, in his defense, i gave up ALL alcohol for 3 solid months, no more happy hours...even wine....not a drop, so i think that aided in the weight loss significantly too.