Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/see ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up I just had an epiphany..

...I need to go to tiffany's! (Darn Nicki Minaj stuck in my head lol)

But on a more serious note, I just realized the problem to my binges.I used to come home after class and turn on the TV, cook food, watch more TV and go on the computer. It was my daily routine to have a meal/snack in front of the TV. And the other day I realized that I just ate lunch, turned on the TV and felt "hungry". I think my body is so used to eating while watching TV, it's like a sudden "condition reflex" that I learned about in my psychology class. For those of you don't know what that is, to make the long story (experiment, in this case) short : Ivan Pavlov was a famous Russian psychologist back in late 1800's, early 1900s. He did an experiment by feeding dogs right after he would ring a bell, and after good couple of months dogs started drooling right after they hear the bell (without smelling or seeing the food). Well you get my point (hopefully lol). So now I drink around 1-2 glasses of water if I want to watch TV so I feel "full". TV is bad anyway, why watch that crap, better to spend your time working out, right?

Last edited by pointless2011; 06-18-2011 at 12:58 PM.
pointless2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Awesome job noting the routine and how it ended up triggering hunger feelings when you weren't really hungry =)

This is just another reason why habits can be hard to break. Using the TV as an example... if we're used to snacking when the TV is on, breaking that habit is hard... we're changing our whole routine!

But, it can work the other way, too. It can help us stick to a healthier routine. Like having a bedtime routine for a child. Brush your teeth, take a bath and then it's a story and tuck-in-time. It signals to us that it's bedtime and we start getting sleepy.

In adults we have to force the changes at first, but over time the good habits become easier as they become routine.

I wake up, bathroom, then it's time for water and a workout. Even after two months... I'm finding I have to think about it less and less. It just is what happens after I wake up.

So... long-windedness aside...it can work for and against us! So it's awesome you're taking conscious control!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/see ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

So true! I really wish I had courage to wake up in the morning like you do! But I'm taking summer classes at a community college near by that are just strictly fitness, I hope it works out for me! Thanks for your post
pointless2011 is offline   Reply With Quote