Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #1  
Creepin' in the Corner

S/C/G: 300/272/160

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Got the call!

So I finally got the call from my hospital to come to their info meeting Monday (call in sick *cough cough*)! I was so excited, since I was told it could take even a few months, and it's been I think 3 weeks.

In the meantime I've gone down 2 sizes, however weight wise, the scale hasn't moved much. I've been doing alot of resistance/weight training, cause I heard making sure your muscles are strong prior to ant operation is good. I definately feel some solid muscle under my flab ;p haha!

I'm starting to make a list of thing's I'll need, and need to do. I know they'll want me to loose about 30lbs or so too. I am also prepared...say if something happens. I know there's a small chance people can die up there. I had a long talk with the hubby about it. He asked 'Is this something you would die for?' and I had no doubt in my heart.

I'm so happy though, this past year I've been re-claiming my life, and fixing everything inside and out! Finally this is the stepping stone I need to help me more! Just thought I would let you all know.
I've been reading the advice/stories here, and I hope one day, I can help someone else too. Thank you all, I'll keep you in the loop!
retrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #2  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Here starts the emotional roller coaster! Up, down, "I'm I doing the right thing???" "I can't wait for the surgery date!!!" You know what to do because you sound like you already are.....put your hands in the air and shout it....

Keep this wonderful positive attitude! The momentum will carry you through the harder times!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

wow! big news! as for helping people around here - i think you already have. see that line you wrote - "I'm so happy though, this past year I've been re-claiming my life" - wow - that one sentence says it ALL!!!! congratulations [and thank you for the words to live by - we all need them!]
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #4  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrogirl View Post
I'm so happy though, this past year I've been re-claiming my life, and fixing everything inside and out! Finally this is the stepping stone I need to help me more!
Wow what a great positive attitude. Hard to fail with an attitude like that. You could write that down on a post-it note and put it on your monitor to remind yourself why you are doing it.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote