Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Daily Chat- Thursday, June 16

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday:IP Daily Chat- Wednesday, June 15
Old 06-16-2011, 08:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Everyone...Its going to be a warm one here in San Antonio....
but its going to be a great day..Holding my weight and feeling great.
This morning I think I'll have a chocolate ready made in the blender with a shot of cinnamon and a little instant coffee...with ice..add a little water because of the instant coffee grandules..and blend it up...
Eat your heart out Star Bucks...mine taste better...
Have a great IP Day...

Last edited by JudoGirl; 06-16-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/ip 219/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!!

I had my 7th weigh in last night and I lost 3.4 pounds! Since I'd had sweets over the weekend (and thus learned that sugar and I are no longer friends), I was expecting something in the 1-2 pound range. I told my coach about my cheat and he said that I'm far enough into the plan that my body just flushed all of that "junk" out and moved forward. I'm pretty impressed with that!!

In just less than 6 weeks my two best friends and I are having a trio trash the dress session (we're all wearing our wedding dresses!) and I'm hoping to be around 170 by then. I was 182 at my wedding, so I want to look EVEN BETTER in my dress this time around.

Today I'm wearing size 12 pants that I haven't worn since high school. They're a little snug, but they fit!! No muffin top either!!

I also tried on my new shorts I bought for the summer. I haven't worn denim shorts since I was 16-years-old (crap, NINE whole years!) and they fit, too!!

I'm at the point in my weight loss when I'm pretty much throwing myself a party everyday. I don't care what the scale says--my clothes fit and I feel pretty. You just can't beat that!

Good luck everyone--stay on plan and I hope that you feel the same way I do!!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Congratulations on the great loss drkari

Made the Kale chips yesterday they were pretty good. My 19 year old daughter really liked them too !!! Will make more today.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Congratulations on the great loss drkari

Made the Kale chips yesterday they were pretty good. My 19 year old daughter really liked them too !!! Will make more today.
I made some the night before my TOPS group (so they could taste them)....WAY WAY BETTER right out of the oven and still warm/hot (they were kinda odd the next day). In fact, it's my excuse to make them and eat them immediately!

I had a WI yesterday, -4 lbs. So excited that I've met the 40 lbs in less then two months (on IP). I'm not sure this standard will be met over the next two months I'm really trying to celebrate this one. lol

I feel SO much better and each loss makes me more determined! But this constant weight loss is really why I think this protocol will be the last 'diet' and it will come off for good!

I think I'm going to go carry around my girlfriends 40 lbs 4 year old so I can really 'feel' it like never before.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Carla
Old 06-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

WOW 40 pounds in 2 months that is FANTASTIC Carla !!!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

I got up this morning and was at 164 so I'm back to assuming that the gain was hormone related. Yay! I've had an awesome kick in the pants to get to the 150's, a family reunion with both sides of my husbands family. They are always talking crap about anyone who is overweight and it will be so nice to not be a chubby kid around them. Plus there have been a lot of hurt feelings from others in his family and looking awesome is a great way to stick it to people!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Carla- awesome job!! 40lbs in 2 months is great!

Kari- I'm so proud of you! I'm so excited we'll both look better that we did on our wedding days!! And you looked pretty fab on yours!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #9  
New to IP Program

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'9"

Today I weighed at home ( I weigh in this evening with my coach) and I did not even lose 1 lb! I thought I was going to try. I have been to the gym three days so far and not cheated at all. I drink at least 100 ozs of water a day too. The only thing I can think is maybe I am eating too much meat??
This will be my third weigh in. I lost 5lbs last week but this is so discouraging.
Any advice??

Tina
Old 06-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaCleg View Post
Today I weighed at home ( I weigh in this evening with my coach) and I did not even lose 1 lb! I thought I was going to try. I have been to the gym three days so far and not cheated at all. I drink at least 100 ozs of water a day too. The only thing I can think is maybe I am eating too much meat??
This will be my third weigh in. I lost 5lbs last week but this is so discouraging.
Any advice??

Tina
my third wi was only 1lb or a 1/2 lb. so i think that is normal. hang in there! you are doing great.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

hey everyone! i am going to buy some kale today to make the chips. i am so so so excited about it. last night, my daughter and i made spinach chips. they were wonderful, but they are so thin, they break easily, but they were great. now i know what to do with all my spinach in the garden. i think if we like the kale, we will try other greens, i can't wait!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #12  
New to IP Program

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Crystal ! I am going to stick with it, just thought it would be more
Old 06-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #13  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkari View Post
Good morning!!

I had my 7th weigh in last night and I lost 3.4 pounds! Since I'd had sweets over the weekend (and thus learned that sugar and I are no longer friends), I was expecting something in the 1-2 pound range. I told my coach about my cheat and he said that I'm far enough into the plan that my body just flushed all of that "junk" out and moved forward. I'm pretty impressed with that!!

In just less than 6 weeks my two best friends and I are having a trio trash the dress session (we're all wearing our wedding dresses!) and I'm hoping to be around 170 by then. I was 182 at my wedding, so I want to look EVEN BETTER in my dress this time around.

Today I'm wearing size 12 pants that I haven't worn since high school. They're a little snug, but they fit!! No muffin top either!!

I also tried on my new shorts I bought for the summer. I haven't worn denim shorts since I was 16-years-old (crap, NINE whole years!) and they fit, too!!

I'm at the point in my weight loss when I'm pretty much throwing myself a party everyday. I don't care what the scale says--my clothes fit and I feel pretty. You just can't beat that!

Good luck everyone--stay on plan and I hope that you feel the same way I do!!
that is great, I think we all should celebrate every day on this great journey of ours. and congrats on the 3.4lbs, it is interesting what your coach said, I wonder if it is true...has anyone else's coach said that? What about ketosis? I am in a size 12 now too and it feels amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I made some the night before my TOPS group (so they could taste them)....WAY WAY BETTER right out of the oven and still warm/hot (they were kinda odd the next day). In fact, it's my excuse to make them and eat them immediately!

I had a WI yesterday, -4 lbs. So excited that I've met the 40 lbs in less then two months (on IP). I'm not sure this standard will be met over the next two months I'm really trying to celebrate this one. lol

I feel SO much better and each loss makes me more determined! But this constant weight loss is really why I think this protocol will be the last 'diet' and it will come off for good!

I think I'm going to go carry around my girlfriends 40 lbs 4 year old so I can really 'feel' it like never before.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Carla
Congrats 40 lbs you are doing so great. I think that is a good idea lifting your friend's 4 year old, it kind of puts in perspective how much you were carrying around with you. I have done that I have a dog that weighs 56lbs so when I hit 58lbs lost I kind of lifted her and walked with her a little bit (she doesn't like to be carried) and couldn't believe I weighed that much more.

Congrats Carla.

So I was on the road yesterday and didn't get to respond to the goings on yesterday.
JoAnne - congrats way to go friend, you are doing awesome
Crystal - same for you, you are doing great keep up the good work.
Smh321pg - Thank you for sharing your story, you have come a long way you must be so proud of yourself. I do have a question, have you found the jelly and blueberry/cran drink help with loose skin? I am kind of wondering as I now have loose skin and have been drinking the blueberry/cran doesn't seem to make a difference? Thank you.

April - I know you don't want to cheat but think of this program as a great gift and this gift was given to you to help provide a chance for your body to heal itself and become healthier. Give the Gift a chance you will see how great a gift this really is.

GIKA - I think to start out a lot of Clinics give a sampler pack out. I received enough packets for 9 days as well as my shaker, vitamins, supplements. I think the idea is to give you a variety of items for you to sample to find out what you like and what you don't like. Then after that you get to pick out what you want, if you need to find out for sure I would call back your clinic and ask them about it. Because each clinic runs their offices a little different, it will depend on your office.

So this morning I tried on some pants I haven't worn in 20 years, almost 30. I don't know why I held onto them, maybe oh someday I will fit them again and wear them. They are purple stretch PULSE jeans from the 80's, and today was the day, they fit and then I promptly put them in the good will bag that I am taking to goodwill after work. This has been a journey and it is amazing how different I look today then 4 1/2 short months ago. I have a picture at work, and one of my co-worker's said today look at this picture, it doesn't even look like you... she also said I don't look like me either... but that is okay because I am the new me. There is another picture of me and my friend and my co-worker said your body is about the same size as the friend's in the picture. I thought that was cool as I have always considered my friend skinny. People here are still questioning me wanting to be down to 140 before I am finished, they think that will be too skinny... I am good right now but I think I still have quite a ways to go. I would like to be a size 8 but no set weight or size. I just want to be able to look down and not see my stomach.

Cheekywit - amazing I can't believe how great you have done.

Have a great IP/OP day.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #14  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
hey everyone! i am going to buy some kale today to make the chips. i am so so so excited about it. last night, my daughter and i made spinach chips. they were wonderful, but they are so thin, they break easily, but they were great. now i know what to do with all my spinach in the garden. i think if we like the kale, we will try other greens, i can't wait!
Crystal do you make the spinach chips the same way as the kale? I made kale last night with BBQ spices the best yet.

Tina hang in there, when you start exercising again that could slow down your weight loss as well as gaining muscle.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:11 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Trying out MiO in Berry Pomegranate today. not crazy about it. Anybody else tried MiO? What are your favorite flavors?

Found the WF BBQ sauce in a local mom & pop grocery store. Can't wait to try it tomorrow night on the grill. Trying to plan ahead for ways to enjoy my favorites on the 4th.
Closed Thread