South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 05:37 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat for Thursday, June 16

Good morning. The human and the furries are ready to start the day. It's only 54ºF right now but promises to be a lot more than that by afternoon.

Today I hope to get the Village and Fair Ground plantings finally done! What a drag it's been this year - first all the rain and then not having time. Cathy, a neighbour, is going to help me a bit this morning. She works and is also a busy volunteer but is giving up a morning of her vacation.

Wendy did a super job on my foundation plantings yesterday. :smile: She did in six hours what would have taken me a month and a sore back. What energy! She just goes top speed the whole time. Her idea of a break is to take a gulp or two of water. I vaguely remember being that energetic at her age but not now.

Whoops! My Timely reminder just popped up to tell me I need to do payroll for the Mill today. I may as well do it now and get it off my mind before I start fun stuff.

with coffee to a healthy and productive day.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:12 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning Ruth, I'm glad you're happy with your new plantings. Good luck with the payroll - that would not be a fun task for me!

Fergie and I got the garden in yesterday. One good thing about our shorter growing season is that we never feel the least bit guilty/lazy about buying larger, healthy plants rather than starting things from seed as we did when we lived in Louisiana and in Europe. One morning of shopping, an hour of planting and watering and "Voila!" There were a few things we couldn't find yesterday though, so I'm going to look for those today when I head to 'the city' with my friend Jane.

I'm munching on my phase 1 breakfast as I read/post this morning. Breakfast is usually my favorite meal of the day (I really love my hot oats and fruit) so I have to distract myself so I don't mourn for them while on phase 1. LOL Then I'm off on a walk.

Enjoy your Thursday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 06-16-2011 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:14 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ruth,
Sounds like a busy day - the best kind. I'd rather have a lot to do than nothing to do - sometimes I think I procrastinate just so there will always be "something to do." Anyway, there are now a couple of concrete things that I need to do at work for next semester, so I should make a list and start them up. I should also start making a list of my personal goals and start focusing a bit more on my life.

Spoke with my parents yesterday, and things seem to have improved around there which was a relief. My mom upped her meds and that seems to help; I'm convinced the Parkinson's causes clinical depression for her and upping her dose of medication seems to relieve that. She is going to see her neuro next week and supposedly is being very organized about the visit, preparing a list of questions etc. We will see if she actually makes this appointment. The last three appointments with this doctor (who she doesn't particularly like, but won't change to a new one) have been cancelled for one reason or another and I honestly don't think she's seen him in person for a year which is ridiculous. Anyway, time for me to let go and let you know who, but at least they seem a little better.

Countdown to end of school - we're progressing! I've got to get all the swimsuits out, go through books to make sure all school books are returned, etc. In some ways I love the feeling of wrapping something up and beginning a new thing. Hope everyone has a great day...
Old 06-16-2011, 06:23 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
with coffee to a healthy and productive day.
Good Morning, Ruth! Is that iced coffee we're toasting with? Glad to hear your yard turned out so nice! Our oriental poppies are in full bloom right now! They are so beautiful but sure don't last long. I hope you get that mill paperwork done so you can go enjoy something.

Matilda, glad to hear that your to do list includes "you."

Heidi, enjoy your walk.

I'm up and at 'em again. I've been organizing, yet again. Sometimes I wonder why it never gets "finished". My biggest issue is that our house seems to be the collection point for everyone elses stuff. I keep bringing stuff down from the little houses and it's really hard to repurpose things. Right now our local thrift store is overwhelmed with intakes and the manager is just pitching stuff. I'm not very good at doing that.

We are going to get Rudi and Bing out for a walk this morning. We've put other projects on hold, while we once again, evaluate Rudi. His mind is still active but the body isn't cooperating. He's taken another turn and we need to be responsible parents. Not an easy decision.

Food is OP. I'm always grateful for that. Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - I'm not envious of the payroll either. I would love to meet a Wendy down here, I'm so clueless on gardening!

Heidi - what did you plant in the garden yesterday?!

Matilda - glad to hear the parents are doing a little better. I need to be better at making lists!

Lexiss - I was going to ask how Rudi was, you're such a good mom.

Awake at 4:30 again. I teased my DH I either need to learn to fall back asleep, or he needs to stop peeing at 4:30 . With all the stuff going on, my mind starts up and won't shut down. I did think of taking benadryl since I can't have wine (which makes me very sleepy!!)

I have a full day at work today, and then get ready for camping tomorrow. I can't wait!!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/135

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone! Coffee has been particularly good here, I bought my DH a subscription to a coffee club for his birthday and the first shipment is from a roaster in Hampton NY and is delicious! Hope to finally make it to the farmers market today. I want to pick up some fish from a new vendor there.

Ruth, I admire your get up and go, somedays I spend more time thinking of doing things rather than just doing them

Heidi, glad to hear your garden is in. DH is devastated, a woodchuck ate our whole crop of lettuce and beans. We can't figure out where he got in, there's a five foot fence around it with buried wire.

Matilda, have similar issues with my mom except she's down the road from me and has gotten very dependent on me. I am very happy to help her but after five years of solid back to back surgeries and hospitalizations for her, I could use a little time for myself too.

Debbie, my heart goes out to you about Rudi. It's such a hard decision. Have a great walk this morning.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:48 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It was a late night working so I'm a but groggy this morning. I'm off across the mountains with my boss in tow all day. I love Kristin but it's a little daunting to have my boss looking over my shoulder all day. I do enjoy her company though and it's always good to learn new stuff.

So glad that my weekend starts tomorrow! I have the usual long list and hope the weather cooperates. My yard is a hayfield again and DW is still battling the monster allergies so it's still my job. darn

Twynn - same problem here at 4:15. yuck

The scale was kind to me and the birthday weight was gone so my ticker is once again telling the truth. It's amazing how just a couple of servings of off plan food can pile three or more lbs on the scale for me

Happy Thursday friends
Old 06-16-2011, 06:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Ruth, I'm glad Wendy got all the plantings done, and I can't wait to see it. Soon! That's great that your neighbor is going to help with the village planters, and I hope you manage to get that chore completed today, but mind your back!

Heidi, hooray for getting your garden in, too! Now you can sit back and just watch it grow. Hang in there with your Phase 1 breakfasts, I'm missing my oats and fruit, too!

Matilda, I'm glad your parents seem to be doing better. Is your son excited about the last day of school?

Debbie, have a productive day of organizing! Did you all get the painting finished yesterday?

Twynn, sorry you were up so early this morning, and having to work all day, too! Camping sounds like fun, that will give you something to look forward to.

My summer schedule is all katywumpus all of the sudden, now that school is out. It's a good thing that I'm flexible! I'm going back to working 4 1/2 to 5 days a week. I'll be working 1/2 day tomorrow, and I have today off. I already promised Andrea that I'd watch Tyler for a while tomorrow, too, but that won't be a problem. The more kids, the merrier.

I plan to clean the house this morning before going over to Mom's for a visit. Then I'll just see what the rest of the day brings.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:56 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

nanjmc, yum...a coffee club! I hope you get to the farmers market. You reminded me I need to pull some salmon out of the freezer.

Cyndi, have fun with boss lady.lol

Twynn, yay for camping! Thx for thinking of Rudi.

I've relocated some more items...next to the basement. A giant suitcase of my sister's somehow got here from moms garage. I've decided to haul it downstairs and forget about it until she shows up...then she can deal with it! DH stirring upstairs...time for more coffee.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:08 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Linda, I suppose we'll finally finish the painting sometime in July. We just take manageable sections so we don't get overwhelmed. Sounds like you're getting busy! Have a nice visit with your mom.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - I've always heard that gardening counts as exercise and maybe Wendy is the proof!

Heidi - Here's hoping your PH1 seemingly speeds by! I think my favorite meal is... snacks!

Matilda - Glad to hear things seem to have improved.

Debbie - Poor Rudy. Poor you

Twynn - I was awakened with my DH getting up to pee too! Same as you, couldn't fall back to sleep.

nanjmc - Fresh fish at your farmer's market?! Envy.

Cyndi - Almost the weekend already?! How did that happen?

Linda - "katywumpus" - love that word!

I'm meeting my old boss for coffee today so we can catch up. Haven't seen here in close to a year. (Skinny cinnamon dolce latte on ice, I'm thinking.) While I'm over that way I'm going to check out a sale on workout clothes and look for some summer tops. This morning we wait for hours for the guy to come do routine service to the heating/cooling system. I hate those long windows of time they give you. Technology is acting up again - my printer/scanner is giving me an error message that tells me it needs service and it is only a few months old

Have a great day everyone. BBL
Old 06-16-2011, 07:58 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! Payroll is done and it's not quite 8 a.m. Now I am going to sort our some Saggy Baggy Elephant clothes and bag them for Goodwill. No flies on me this morning!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, for getting that chore out of the way so early in the day!

nanjmc, that's a shame about the woodchuck. I'm having the same problem with a zucchini loving groundhog. He's eating the squash as soon as they appear on the vine. I ordered some Prednascent to take care of the little critter and hopefully it will arrive in the mail today.

Cyndi, hooray for getting rid of those extra pounds! I hope Julie's allergies ease up soon, poor girl.

Karen, I hope you don't have to wait too long for that technician to show up and you can get on with your day. Have fun shopping and I hope you find some goodies!

Well, I'd better drag myself away from my laptop and get my day started. Jake was giving me The Look as he was leaving for the day, LOL!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

Quickflyby for me again. DD2 had her first swim meet last night- she did so good I am proud of her, she didn't get disqualified and finished all her races not bad for a 7 year old.

Busy busy busy hopefully tomorrow I will be able to spend more time. Slowly catching up on old posts.

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by Pearlrose; 06-16-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #15  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all!

Just a quick stop in for me too. Seems like everyone has been having pleasantly productive mornings. I need to have one of the same - I've been feeling "behind" lately. I got right back on plan yesterday after going off plan Tuesday night, but I need to do some more meal planning for the next few days and feel more in control.

Happy Thursday!
Closed Thread