South Beach Diet - Cheating on P1

View Full Version : Cheating on P1

nat4crim
06-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Sorry for all these questions lately but I appreciate all the help.

I just realized that I have plans to go out for a friend's birthday Saturday night. We are meeting at a pub for drinks and then going to a Roller Derby bout. I'm not driving so I can't skip the pub event. I know I can stay on plan when it comes to food because I'll just get something like chicken and salad but I know I will struggle really hard with not getting a drink. I don't do diet soda because I don't like the fake sugars. My only option will be to drink water which will not be fun.

So my question is, if I get 1 or 2 glasses or red wine will it completely ruin all my efforts during phase 1?

cottagebythesea
06-14-2011, 07:54 PM
No, I don't think one glass of wine would completely ruin all your efforts, but it may stir up cravings. Would you be satisfied with a glass of sparkling water with a wedge of lemon or wine, instead?

Mmckellen
06-15-2011, 06:20 AM
If you are going to do this (and I will go on record saying a clean Phase 1 is important), and are flexible about what you drink, I would actually recommend a (not flavored) vodka and club soda. Wine (my fave; I don't drink vodka) does have some sugars and carbs but vodka does not, and I think vodka might impact you a little less than wine. What you absolutely should not have is beer. Can you enjoy having a vodka soda? Mmmmm, even though I don't drink vodka it sounds SO good right now.

Cottage, freudian slip!!!! I assume you meant "lemon or lime," right?

nat4crim
06-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Hmmm vodka and club soda, I've never had before but it may be worth a shot. Or I could do vodka and diet sprite because I'm sure a little fake sugar won't kill me. I really wish red wine had no sugar.

I don't think sparkling water will cut it but I could switch to it after my first drink.