30-Somethings - Thread for the ONEderland Hopefuls

Pages : [1] 2

jendiet
06-14-2011, 04:53 PM
I am actually hovering over the 190s now, and came looking for a 190s thread, but there is none! Are there enough to form a thread?

i'm 5 weeks postpartum, and i like having a specific goal thread. I delivered my boy at 222 (yikes for me!) and am now sitting on the border of the 200s. specifically at 200.4 this morning. I hope somebody will join and we can form a thread. I know the 190s are not fun....but it's nice to hit onderland and have the support to keep going.

zoodoo613
06-14-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm right there with you! 201.2 this morning, saw 200.2 early this week. Bouncing around right at that threshhold.

dogdaysofdiets
06-14-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm not as close as you guys, but I'm closing in on it and have been looking for a onederland thread to celebrate with others when I get there.

I'm a newbie to the 30's board, so I hope you don't mind me barging in. :D

jitterfish
06-15-2011, 04:19 AM
I'm still a ways off, but I'll celebrate you guys getting there! I don't mind being a follower ;)

zoodoo613
06-15-2011, 10:35 AM
So is this the thread? Or should we start a different one?

I'll just jump in, I guess, until someone does differently. :)

200.6 this morning. So close, but I've been dancing around here for several weeks, so I'm not getting my hopes too high. That, and I've been pretty discouraged lately, mostly because of other things going on in my life, but it affects you, ya know?

I got out and took a walk last night, which I hadn't done in a while. I went not so much because I was motivated to exercise, but because I couldn't stand being at home right then. Whatever it takes, I guess.

jendiet
06-15-2011, 10:43 PM
oh yay! ok ladies, let's support each other on the way into the 190s....

i hear ya zoodoo on taking a walk, i need to get the stroller out and go out on a nice night.

jitter, i don't mind having you here...ya never know how fast your weight loss might be! i hope you come over the onderland threshold really soon!

dogdays, i'm a newbie to this board too. i usually hang out in the main support forum. i'm glad to go this with you!

well, apparently my late night noshing..caught up with me. 202 this morning. still, i go up 2 and down 2 so easily.

i'm having a hard time fighting the coconut cookies tonight. they are so good!

MissSea
06-16-2011, 02:30 AM
New to the boards and already finding so many fun places to post! I'm with dogdays: close to onederland, but still a few pounds off. Please don't mind my intrusion -- I'm SO excited about getting under 200.

I've just hit my first plateau. I did the same thing the first time I tried Atkins -- right around 8 weeks in, the scale just sits there. I know what I need to do: focus back on what I should be eating, stay away from the temptations (Clemmy's!) and DRINK MORE WATER! <SIGH> Sometimes easier said than done! :)

You'd think running around after a toddler would help bust my butt over the hump! Instead I find myself sneaking what she doesn't eat for lunch/snack/dinner into my mouth. So sad ... my child is my enabler, and she doesn't even know it! ;)

jitterfish
06-16-2011, 05:16 AM
Perhaps we could start a challenge? A good ol' fashion weight goal challenge for those of us close to ONEderland? I'm closer that I realised, 207lbs (I think in metric, for some reason I was thinking I was around 220lbs).

I have a 2.5yr old and a 7mos old, I work, and of course then there is house stuff, so at the moment my biggest challenge is finding time to get to the gym. I love the gym, its the only way I can really push myself to exercise. When I exercise at home or go for a walk I am so blah about it, it doesn't inspire me and I just cannot be bothered. So can someone invent more hours of the day for me please -LOL-

zoodoo613
06-16-2011, 09:09 AM
dogdays - I'm not a regular in the 30-somethings either, mostly because I hadn't found a thread that "fit" me. It's here now and so am I.

Jen - I bounce really easily too. My weight chart looks like a craggy mountain, but as long as I'm heading down the mountain and not up, I'm doing OK :)

MissSea - Plateaus suck, but they're totally normal. Don't let your mind play tricks on you. Keep doing things right and you'll start moving again.

jitterfish - Do you have some metric version of onderland that you're also shooting for? I'll sit out a challenge, but you guys go to it. I'm trying to avoid the "go get 'em" mindset in an effort to keep myself on an even keel and NOT crash and burn, as I've done so many times in the past.

As for me? 199.4 this morning! As I said, I bounce a lot, so I may not see it again for a while, but it sure was nice to see it today!

jendiet
06-16-2011, 11:30 AM
oh my gosh Zoodoo! that is so awesome. i bounced back down 2 to 200.6 so but i don't move my ticker until a daily average confirms the weight loss. it's lovely to see a new low though!

I failed at fighting the cookie fight, i will try to do better today. i rang in yesterday at 250 carbs. still better than my diet used to be. plus the journaling tells me what i look like on bad days.

jitterfish, this thread is a challenge to us all to get to onderland and out of the 190s. some go faster. just the thought of a competition makes some go really fast, but i'm with zoodoo, not looking to crash and burn. i could never get to the gym, so i have "home gym" stuff. i have to find the motivation and time to do it though...

missSea, welcome, yes plateaus do suck, but remember more than WEIGHT LOSS is happening to your body. i would hate to lose a bunch of weight and NOT give my body a chance to deal with the excess skin and waste issue.

ok so today's weight 200.6. i need to take measurements and pics...cuz my body transforms a lot before i see any weight loss.

zoodoo613
06-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Jen - I can't believe you have the energy to focus at all with your baby so little. And I imagine your body is still going through some post-baby shifts.

dogdaysofdiets
06-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Yay for our growing group of wonderful onderland hopefuls! :)

I managed to shave 1.5lbs off between yesterday and today, so I'm only 4.5lbs away now! I had been suffering a mini plateau since the weekend, but I'm starting to think it was that darn monthly water retention. I was very excited to see such significant progress this morning. :cp:

Jen - I'm also an "at home gym" person. Between work, my DH working nights and my two DDs, I barely have time to take a shower, let alone get a babysitter so I can go to the gym. I work out at night when the girls are asleep.

Jitter - I'm in for the competition. I'm so determined to get there. A few years ago, I lost a lot of weight and got down to onederland. I remember, quite vividly, the morning that the scale registered 199.5 - I had happy tears, I was so proud of myself. I put 20 pounds back on, kicking me back out of onederland, but I'm more determined than ever to get back there and enjoy that prideful feeling again.

Fit by forty...that's my goal. I have 4 1/2 years to get there!

jitterfish
06-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Do you have some metric version of onderland that you're also shooting for?

Not now. I was 130+kg at one stage so big goal was to get under 100kg, hitting double figures. Then I hit it so now its just chipping away, 10kg block goals. But most boards I visit everyone is American so I jumped on the ONEderland idea (plus coz it has such a cool name). Quick conversion tells me that I'll be there when I hit 90kg which is my next mini goal so works in well :carrot:

And an little thing I'm editing to add (instead of double posting), earlier in the week I was talking to a personal trainer and she said I shouldn't call it weight loss, call it weight reduction. Because when we talk about losing something we are usually looking to find it again. I know its quirky, but I like that idea. I am weight reducing!

MissSea
06-17-2011, 03:41 AM
Yay, zoodoo! Oneder is oneder, no matter how long! I like that, jitterfish! On the path to "weight reduction". ;)

Jen, I had GD with my daughter as well -- ironically, my diet looked more like the Atkins diet than anything else I had been exposed to. It didn't help much. DD was 10lbs. 4oz. and full butt breech! Thank the Lord for c-sections!

Dogdays, I work out at night, but I've got a 24-Hour Fitness gym membership. I got it through Costco. It's $299(!), but that's for a 2-year membership. It works out to $12-ish per month. I really need to get on track for every other day. Not sure how old your kids are, but my gym has the in-house daycare. It's actually kind of nice, and my DD loves it (she's almost 2)! Plus congrats on your reduction -- you're almost there! :)

Though I have no signature to post this on, my own personal goal is NO MORE DIET COKE! I love the stuff, but I think it may be doing funny things to my waistline. Any joiners? :)

jitterfish
06-17-2011, 05:20 AM
I love coke zero, I have one can a day :) I use it to curb the after dinner "I want something sweet", and I use it as daily treat. I'm a believer in everything in moderation (nothing is off limits, I just need to account what I eat and what I do).

10lb 4oz and breech, shesh yeh thank goodness for c-sections! My first was 9lb 2oz and that was big enough thankyou very much -LOL- Second was just shy of 9lbs, we thought he was going to be bigger but thankfully no. And ironically while I think in metric, like most NZers we use pounds for baby weights -LOL-

jendiet
06-17-2011, 02:33 PM
zoodoo, i know you are going to be our first successfull onderland goer...so we are hopefully catching up to you. girl, i can't believe i have time to focus either...in about 5 minutes, i have to get off here, attach my breast pump, and study for the NCLEX while i pump both breasts. alas, that is how it is ...I MUST multitask to get anything done.

Dog days, yay for being so close! i know if i could figure out a real routine...i would be able to get more exercise in... my butt is really toned from having to use my leg muscles for everthing though--that is a plus. now about my belly. your house sounds like mine...too much trouble to get a sitter, takes up too much time.

Miss Sea i was RIGHT on the border, i watched my sugar..i still ate sweets though...and he came out 7 lbs 6 oz which was lighter than my first who was 8 lbs 6 oz.

jitter, i believe just like you do...everything in moderation. i have some wierd button that gets pushed if i tell myself "no, you can't have that". then that food owns me, and occupies my mind...and well next thing i know i'm binging on it....the psyche is a wierd thing.

your sig is funny jitter, i actually dream about being chased...and i can't run worth a poop, then when i am cornered i can't punch worth a poop either.

ok, no weight reduction here. still at 200.6.--consistent though... hopefully when my stress goes down after i ****PLEASE GOD PLEASE**** pass the NCLEX BOARDS i can relax JUST A LITTLE, before i start my bachelor's classes on the 27th.

jitterfish
06-19-2011, 03:32 AM
Jen what are you studying? Glad you like the sig :) It was a joke I made to a friends blog, she loved it so much and used the line with her son who then posted on his FB "my Mum is training for a zombie apocalypse". Funny thing is hubby and I talk about zombie apocalypse all the time and what we'd do (we are total geeks, and watch lots of zombie flicks).

Today's weigh in is 205. I'm just bouncing around this weight at the moment, hopefully I'm going to punch through this brick wall!

seabiscuit
06-19-2011, 06:36 PM
I have a ways to go before I get to Onederland but I KNOW I can do it. I am about 24 lbs less than what I was in spring of last year. I believe in myself and know I can do this, it's just I get so darn frustrated with stress eating and not exercising as much as I'd like to because of my foot with plantar fasciatiis.

I love this website, and I think it is great we have each other.

m3rma1d
06-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Am I too far away from onederland to join in the thread? Hope not, 'cos it is my current goal and all I think about..

kimicat76
06-19-2011, 07:21 PM
was 201.2-8 for almost a month and then this morning the scale said 200.6. SOOOOO CLOSE!!

jendiet
06-19-2011, 08:52 PM
hey ladies! Well, i am done with the NCLEX. It is the state boards for nursing here in sc. According to the heresay, since my results aren't official yet..i passed!

jitter, you are going to blast that wall down!

sea, you sound like me hun...but yes you CAN do it.

m3, you are welcome to join our group. i don't think you are too far away.

kimi...you have been the weight i was for a couple of days...i haven't weighed in two days and i went on a mini vacation from carb counting..the scale will tell all tomorrow. i was munching on some corn chips too...not a good thing for carb counting. i need to munch on some cucumbers instead.

ok ladies...we are getting serious.

name one serious goal you have for the week. here is mine. switch out munching on chips for munching on cucumber slices we have a garden and we have plenty.

jitterfish
06-19-2011, 10:38 PM
My goal for the week is to get to the gym 3 times and one other exercise session in. It is going to be difficult because I'm in the middle of exam marking (anyone wanna help? -lol-). But I figure if I go hard for the next two days I should be done and can achieve goal. Hardest thing is grading papers always makes me want to munch down.

Right, enough procrastination...

jendiet
06-19-2011, 10:43 PM
yeah, like studying makes me want to munch. get some carrots or some other crunchy veggie...and go to town on that.

jitterfish
06-20-2011, 03:36 AM
So after I wrote that post, I graded a few more papers and then decided that I was using exam marking as an excuse to not exercise. So I got my booty to the gym! Just means I have to work a little later tonight, but so worth it!

zoodoo613
06-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Mornin'

I caught up in the thread, but I can't respond to everyone right now. I did wan't to say: Jen, WTG! I know how stressful big licensing exams are, so congrats on getting through it!

After 4 days under 200, I'm back to being a hopeful, with a weigh in of 200.6. Oh well, it's a fluctuation, that's the way this sort of thing goes.

I got new running shoes this weekend, and I need to try them out on a treadmill before ruining on the streets. (I have difficult feet and shoes often don't work for me). I'm hoping I can do that tonight.

m3rma1d
06-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Yay thanks for letting me join!

Well today marked my 1st week back at it (again, again, again) and I lost 7.8lbs total.

I LOVE those high numbers I get the 1st week of starting over again, but now comes the hard part: When it slows to a crawl and I get discouraged. I'm gonna have to push thru that!! My goal is Onederland by Sept 13th (don't call me crazy) or at least as close as I can possibly get!

melissakd
06-20-2011, 10:32 AM
I am really looking forward to OnederLand! So close, but so far.

jendiet
06-20-2011, 04:39 PM
ok ladies, the FIRST reading of the scale this morning was 199.8. i tried to confirm and the scale read 200.6 again...i got scale crazy and the numbers went nuts. at least i had a glimpse of onderland today....

yeah glad the test is over now comes the stress of making sure i get everything done before my classes start on the 27th. i haven't had time to think that I might not have time for classes. So i am just going to make a mad rush to get it all done. the house is a pit...more chores= more excercise = more weight loss right? I just hate a messy house, but i have to juggle.

zoodoo, at least it was 4 days...i had 4 seconds...i'm so proud of you. thanks for the congrats. the test was of course anitclimatic..it's like what in the world? i stressed for 2 years and some odd days for THAT? and now it's over. i can not and WILL not run on the streets--my joints get very unhappy. I love jogging on the rebounder though..and as soon as i get my lazy butt to drag it out of the corner from all of the other exercise machines--i'll do it.

jitter, i remember the feeling after a gym workout. i also need to isolate myself from everything at a gym--to actually exercise...but i can't so i have to muster up some discipline to do something...i left my exercise and diet log in another town--whoops. i'll make a new one.

m3 way to go hun, 7.8 lbs is awesome.

melissa, you will be there before you know it.

jitterfish
06-21-2011, 03:40 AM
Jen and I have posted our goal for the week (her going for yummy cucumber slices instead of crisps, me 4 work outs this week), come of ladies share yours :)

zoodoo613
06-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Jen and I have posted our goal for the week (her going for yummy cucumber slices instead of crisps, me 4 work outs this week), come of ladies share yours :)

I have, and have had very modest goals for this journey: keep tracking calories. I didn't on Sunday, for the first time since starting in March, except for a few computer-access-less days on vacation. But I was back at it Monday. I've been trying to exercise moderately too, but I'm purposely not pushing myself on that.

One added goal for this week is to try out my new running shoes on the treadmill, so if I decide they don't work, I can still return them.

Weigh-in at 200.2 this morning, which surprised me a little. I had a higher calorie day yesterday, but of course even my higher days, these days, are still under maintenance. Strange how that perspective shifts.

melissakd
06-21-2011, 09:18 AM
My goal is 4 full gym visits this week. Last week I only managed one. Went last night and did 30 minuts (2 miles) on the treadmill and then did 4 ab machines for 4 sets each. I was full of energy when I left!

jendiet
06-21-2011, 12:32 PM
ok, well, i failed yesterday INSTEAD of munching on cucumber slices i let my stress rule and ate an OLD FAVORITE that i used to eat with my dad. sourdough pretzels with real creamy butter. bad jen!

so today, i am going to ignore cravings for salt and fat, and i am going to munch on cucumbers. by the way i was 2 lbs up today. blah. i know it is all the salt. so i need fluids and cucumbers.

zoodoo, yay i see you moved your ticker.

melissa, great job on the exercise. i need to quit my excuses. yeah, i got to clean, but i can squeeze in some arm reps and leg reps. at least 15 of each.

jitter way to stay on track!

i have this pair of mock shapers i want to try out...maybe they will help with some muscle toning.

MissSea
06-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Yay, more onederlanders to chat with! So glad you all found this thread! :)

I posted my goal of cutting Diet Coke, but I cheated BAD on the weekend! :( I can't help it -- it beckons from my fridge! And we were out of ice. Lame excuse, I know, but I CANNOT drink water unless it has ice in it. But I went out last night and bought TWO big bags of ice! I'm back on track.

My weight's fluctuating, too, jen. I weighed myself at my parents' house this weekend and their scale said 203 (I am SO stealing their scale!). Back at my house, it said 205. Grr ...

Tonight I said I'd meet a girlfriend for coffee, but maybe we can walk around the mall while we sip -- inspired by you, melissakd! :)

Oh, great coffee drink suggestion -- Starbucks has sugar-free caramel and vanilla. Add that to an iced coffee latte (fat-free milk, if you prefer), and it's only 130 calories! Much better than a frappuccino, yes?

jendiet
06-21-2011, 09:14 PM
well, i'm still not winning, but i had a bad day. baby was very fussy and wanted to bf every 30 minutes...aye, yaye, yaye!

MissSea, you will win the diet coke challenge you set for yourself.

I got some good news amidst the chaos today. I am officially a registered nurse. I also got my paperwork for my BSN done today---so some productiveness out of today.

i am SO tired. but i am going to do 15 reps of arms and 15 reps of legs BEFORE i go to sleep tonight.

jendiet
06-21-2011, 10:28 PM
alright, that is it. on top of having you girls route me on..i'm joining a binge free challenge. i binge on crap under stress, and i did it again today...

did 15 reps of legs and arms though..woot!

jitterfish
06-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Ah Jen, those days where baby just wants to be attached to you, so draining!!! Oakley had one of those last week, not sleeping for more than 40 min and deciding boob every hour please Mum. He is 7mos so well past that stage I thought! Factor in a demanding 2.5yr old and I was so happy to see hubby at the end of the day -LOL-

I never notice salt influencing my weight much, does everyone else? How often does everyone weigh themselves?

jendiet
06-22-2011, 01:09 AM
jitter, thanks for the warning, at least i know they won't just grow out of it, but it is a phase. I feel like ds1's baby hood is just a blur, i remember alot but none of the specifics...

salt, which i crave alot...but don't put extra on my food--? always makes me weigh more, but i'm terrible at staying hydrated. i need to flush, flush , flush.

jendiet
06-22-2011, 12:35 PM
ok ladies i am down to 201.4. I am very stressed, but at least realize i am in dangerous territory for binge eating.

i did my few exercises yesterday, today i'm doing a few abs.

baby is still very fussy. how long does a growth spurt last?

jitterfish
06-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Depends on the baby, couple of days to a week.

203lbs today. I am very happy I've reached my next mini goal - 25kg (55lbs) in 5 months. Woohoooo

jendiet
06-22-2011, 11:10 PM
yay jitter, you are doing awesome. what a great accomplishment!

ok didn't stress eat on crap! i munched cucumbers--which interestingly was while i was cooking dinner. but i got through 1 day without binging. I also did some 30 reps of ab work on my bean. time to wrap it up with my chamomile/nursing tea...and call it a night.

MissSea
06-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Good job, jitter! You and I are twinsies today -- 203 as well! I almost fell off the scale, but I'm so glad it moved AT ALL! I've been stuck at 205 for at least two weeks! And I weigh myself every morning to monitor my water supply, actually, 'cause I'm low-carbing it -- if I have a REALLY dramatic loss (like three or four pounds), I know I need to up my H20 ASAP! :)

So my DC addiction has been, well, curbed, at the very least. One (or sometimes two) cans a day with LOTS of water, instead of many super-sized, drive-thru DCs. To paraphrase a (current) fave book: I don't do perfect. ;)

jen, baby will get through the growth spurt. You're blessed s/he BFs at all! I pumped 4-7 times a day because my daughter had huge problems latching. Actually, to be honest I'm embarrassed to say it was kind of nice. I got to sit in front of the computer and chill while my hubby ran around after the kiddo! So not happening with any future offspring. ;)

And per the veggie goal, have you tried edamame? Not certain if SC means SoCal or South Carolina, but we have Trader Joe's in SoCal, and they have frozen pre-cooked edamame (salted or unsalted) that are SO good for you and fill you up!

jitterfish
06-23-2011, 03:31 AM
Ah pumping, gosh I hate it! I pump while at work so lil one has milk the next day in care. But I love breast feeding, so I'm happy to keep pumping for my monster.

MissSea
06-23-2011, 12:09 PM
It all comes down to breast shields that fit your boobs and a hands-free pumping bra. I felt a little like a fembot from "Austin Powers", but it worked! ;)

jendiet
06-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Miss Seal,lol, yep i think i look like a fat fembot, and it is pretty funny, but yeah i would rather bf than pump any day....but i have a pumping bra and a decent pump. i hate dc, but if you like it and are drinking plenty of water--good for you!

Miss Sea and jitter congrats on the 203.

jitter you get an extra kudos for making goal.

201.4 again today. i need to take measurements because i get so wrapped up in the fact that the scale isn't moving--i miss the inches i'm losing. so that is a goal for today to take measurements. I took pics already.

i already went out to eat at a chinese restaurant and i could really screw myself there, but i ate lots of protein and a bunch of those green beans--which i love...i did have a small piece of tiramasu and some fruit. i drank lemon water instead of the sweet tea though..which is good for me.

so goals: 15 reps arms and legs, no stress eating on crap, drink plenty of fluids, and take my measurements.

MissSea
06-23-2011, 03:13 PM
jen, making good choices is half the battle. I'm proud you stayed strong and didn't go all crazy on the chow mein! Mmm, chow mein ... ;)

FYI, jitter, I totally am stealing your stats page from your blog. It's such a good idea to just weigh once a week. I'm starting to drive myself nuts from the weighing in every morning! :)

jitterfish
06-23-2011, 10:43 PM
I tried weighing everyday, I couldn't handle the fluctuations. My brain starting saying "hm, well I haven't gone to the toilet yet..." or "my hairs wet from the shower so..." -LOL- I'm going for overall trend, as long as it keeps going mostly down then that's all good! I stealing myself for a plateau and slow down, I've been averaging 11lbs a month and I know that its going to drop. But if I can lose 5lbs a month until goal I will be happy (or at least I keep telling myself I'll be happy!)

jendiet
06-23-2011, 11:14 PM
ok, did my 15 reps of arms and legs...i really do like the bean, feel less stress on my body when i exercise...

I've had a more even temperament today, and therefore the threat of overeating is not that bad. baby is STILL fussy. I actually bf him at the restaurant and then bf when i got home...i breastfed him before dinner, after dinner, and now he's hollering again....gah!

i am going to get my measurements in the morning...they will be more consistent that way. I weigh everyday but average the weights and graph it.

Today, i was doing a bit of reading about body types. Seems i have been mistaken, mine is not the thyroid type. though i have good backside...it very rarely looks out of shape...now my back and stomach..that is a different story...classic adrenal glands. Explains why when i get really stressed i LOVE pretzels and butter.

I'm going to try to eat more like they recommend--and see how that helps my diet. Today i did eat a little like that because I ate meat at around 12 pm...and the first thing I ate--meat and veggies....and I seemed to actually get HUNGRY. my blood sugar got low..and i felt shaky....which is good because usually i can't even get 2 hours from my last meal. they recommend 4 hours.

i also ate a good portion of dinner and didn't want extra dessert afterwards....

jitterfish
06-24-2011, 03:02 AM
Jen where did you read up about body types?

MissSea
06-24-2011, 03:23 AM
Ditto jitter's comment ... I always thought you were just apple, pear, hourglass, etc.

Went to TurboKick tonight. Got there late, but made up for it by sweating my HINEY off! Ah, I love my TK teacher. He's absolutely spastic but his high energy keeps us going. I'm proud to say I outlast most of the attendees as well. I just LOVE it when a skinny girl who looks like she's going to pass out staggers by me while I dig deep and finish the class. Mean, yes. Still feels good. ;)

jendiet
06-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Hey ladies, quick word while i get ready to make dinner.

Body type diet. Here is a link: http://drcromworkshops.com/about-the-body-shapes#adrenal-stages. this one has a quiz on the right hand side you can take if you can't just look and see which one you might be.

http://www.healthynewage.com/type3.html you can explore the other body types on the same page. thyroid, ovary, pituitary.

jendiet
06-24-2011, 10:58 PM
where are you ladies at? Today was a better eating day. I didn't stress eat. I need to do a few abdominals today, and then i can call it an OP day.

i started the day off at 202.4 blah. i know i will see those fluctuations though.

jendiet
06-25-2011, 01:27 PM
hmmmm...

well, i'm at 201.8 today. I woke up and my legs really hurt! so i bet some of this gained weight is from inflammation.

i didn't do my abdominals yesterday. i got so busy, i completely forgot, but i did do alot of chores.

Jitter, you don't have to weigh daily if it messes with your head. i weigh daily...but i average them together for a downward (hopefully) trend.

MissSea. Good job on finishing the class, it seems hard if someone that was apparently more fit got the jitters during class. Shows you are cardiovascularly fit. And skinny doesn't always mean fit.

I hope you guys still want to post.

jitterfish
06-26-2011, 03:33 AM
Thanks for the link Jen, I'm definitely curious to check it out.

Ah weekends, you're a curse -LOL- And tomorrow I have a girls day planned with lunch, movies, junk food and (for the other girls) drinking. I am going to enjoy myself but not binge. I refuse to deprive myself, if I gain I gain, as long as next week I lose. Or that I put in plenty of gym time.

*edited later to add*
So I read through the body types, I am amazed at how accurate the adrenal one is for my Mum. I'm sending her the link hoping she will take it on board. She had a heart attack in Jan, has diabetes and high blood pressure. Alas her version of weight loss is to just reduce her calories by not eating, and then what she does eat tends to be fat/sugar. So she will drop weight quick and then crash and burn and put more weight on. Not to mention how it effects her health. Am about to make DH take the quiz -LOL-

jendiet
06-26-2011, 10:23 PM
hey jitter. lol. you are passing the info around. Your mum is an adrenal are you? did you take it?

Where are the other ladies?

I woke up to 200.6 this morning, so on the way back down. i went swimming and walked a mile. I ate a good early dinner and just got done having a late night snack.

I am pretty tired and my legs REALLY hurt. my feet too. i decided to try the shaper shoes out...took the pressure off my heels but man my feet are still sore.

The baby is still fussy. it makes me think there is something wrong with my milk supply.

zoodoo613
06-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Mornin' everyone. Sorry I haven't been around much.

I looked through those body-types, but none of them seem to fit me. "Liver" fits my husband pretty well, although he's not overweight. That was one bummer of a test! In a way it's a boost because I don't seem to be in the sorry condition they expect me to be in.

I'm settling more firmly into the 190s. I'm at 198 (new low! and 10% lost) this morning, and 10 out of the last 12 days have been below 200.

Erin27
06-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Sorry to jump in ladies, but i had to give a little breastfeeding support!

jendiet-hang in there with breastfeeding. My DD is 8 months old and we have definitely had our ups and downs with breastfeeding. She goes through weeks of crankiness and then will sleep through the night 11-12 hours for a few weeks at a time. Crankiness can be due to cluster feeding, but also for other things. Babies have growth spurts at 10days, 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3mo, 6mo, 12mo generally. They also get cranky when they are about to hit a new developmental milestone (smiling, sitting, rolling crawling etc). Think of it as cramming for a big test....
Obviously, if breastfeeding is stressing you out and not letting you make a connection with your baby, you shouldn't feel bad about stopping, but if you want to continue, stick with it and don't let crankiness make you stop--your little munchkin will eventually even out and it will get better!
If you think your supply is low, put the baby to breast more--its a supply and demand phenomenon, the more he demands, the more you will make! You can also try pumping after feeds (if you have one). That too will stimulate more supply. If that doesn't work, you can try fenugreek-a supplement that naturally increases supply, or breastmilk tea (i like the yogi women's nursing support tea)...these will help increase your supply in response to your munchkin's demand.

Alright, sorry to hijack your thread ladies--i hope to some day be in this tread, but i've got some pounds to go. Congrats on all your achievements, you all serve as inspiration to me that I, too, can make it to wonderland sooner or later!

jendiet
06-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Erin, thanks for the info. i am drinking Mother's Nursing Time Tea, and I haven't had time to pump alot. I do think he is cluster feeding. He's very advanced, my first son was too...and I think that has to do with his demand for feeding. He's doing so much now, he coos at me, he smiles, and he watches everything.

I also want to welcome you to our thread. I put in there ONEDERLAND hopefuls for a reason. You are a onderland hopeful aren't you?

Ok, so now I woke up at 199.6 lbs. My foot IS NOT in the door of onderland yet, i bounce and I tell myself that so i won't be disappointed when i bounce right back out of there. Right now, my TOE is brushing the door. It's better than being way out there from it though.

OFFICIALLY, my first day of class of my BSN. So I am a little stressed. My body was dog tired. I slept off and on until 1 pm today...i guess i will give myself that. I did wake up at 7 am and start reading my college books.

zoodoo, you didn't find a spot in there? did you take the quiz? A friend of mine took the quiz. i think i gave you the wrong link for the quiz. this is the best one and the one i took: http://www.findyourbodytype.com/body_type_quiz.php

the other one seems to redirect you to crap. Anywho, good job in staying in onderland!!!!

jitter, give your mum the new quiz if you think it would help and take the new one yourself if you are interested.

Ok, i posted before, what IS ONE goal for this week?

My goal: walk 3 out 5 nights this week with my friend.
feel free to jump in and add your own PERSONAL 1 Goal for this week!

MissSea
06-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Sorry, ladies -- weekends are monsters for me as well. Between family, church and my (apparently) social calendar, I rarely have time to breathe, much less post. I will work on it though. :)

Super dooper congrats to jen! A toe is a toe, girlie -- we're all proud of you! :)

I did my body typing as well -- 25% Thyroid, 17% Liver and 59% Adrenal. Not too surprised. I have noticed that as I lose weight, it's coming off in the order it came on. I had a personal trainer once who mentioned that fun fact, but I never stuck around on an exercise program long enough to see the results! Now I am noticing that though the scale stubbornly remains at 203, my pants are fitting looser than before. In fact, I put on the dress I wore to Easter services, and my husband said it "fit funny" (he was SO nervous when he said this -- ha!). I thought he meant I looked like a heifer, but he said it just bagged on me. Yay! What a great compliment! :)

And thanks, Erin! Can't speak for everyone, but I love support, especially for BFing. I wish I'd had you to encourage me when I was having issues at the beginning. Perhaps I would have saved myself hours at the pump! ;)

jendiet
06-27-2011, 02:44 PM
MissSea I agree Erin was awesome to give me that info. I love support too. So if she wants OUR support during her weight loss journey-i'd love to have her.

Awesome that your dress fits "differently" that is showing results the scale just CAN'T SHOW. MissSea it seems you are an adrenal too, would explain the stubborn scale but radical body change, i go through the SAME thing.

There is a helpful diet in one of the links, if you want to try to follow that, it is supposed to best support your weakest glands, and help you balance your overall health.

Weekend's over COME ON BACK LADIES...and don't forget to post your weekly goal.

MissSea
06-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Uggh! I totally cheated on my diet tonight, and I feel AWFUL!!! Like, physically ill, awful. I buckled and had Panda Express -- so bad, even getting veggies as my side and mandarin chicken and green bean chicken as my entrees! Plus a side of cream cheese wantons. I really want to go ... well, to put it bluntly ... vomit it all up. But I don't want that issue any more than the crappy food choices!

My goal this week: resolve to have good snacks on hand and drink MORE WATER! I truly believe I splurged because I was dehydrated ... not HUNGRY! :(

jendiet
06-28-2011, 01:31 AM
oh Miss Sea chinese food can be such a huge binge trigger for me. Not so much the food, which is good. But my dad used to take us out to eat for Chinese often...he died in 2006, and i find myself wanting chinese because it reminds me of him.

however, you did nicely. you got veggies as your side? And you got Chicken for you entree. It couldn't have been that bad? i know the feeling of splurging and then feeling sick to your stomach. Do you have issues with binging? if so, maybe posting in chicks in control as well as here will help.

well, we walked 2 miles today! woot. I also got my homework done by midnight, but my computer was causing me to want to binge again. I love/hate technology. I made baked chicken with stir fried green beans and white rice for dinner. My fare for the day has not been the best though...and I felt dangerously close to binging after dinner, when i realized i really did not eat much today.

1 cup of cereal and cup of milk, handful of nuts and dried berries, green tea, and dinner. hot tea with honey and whipped cream and reduced fat ice cream bar. i got jittery again today because of low blood sugar, but it feels good to actually get hungry!

AmberJae
06-28-2011, 02:29 AM
I'm hovering between 202 and 205. Dang salt, get's me every time. I'm also wearing baby weight. I would love to just get to my prebaby weight of 175-180 and then I can go from there. At least I have clothes that fit at that weight and I wouldn't be pretending these maternity shirts are ok to keep wearing when my son is 6 months old. :)

jitterfish
06-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Ugh, I've caught a cold so this week is going to be a right off. No way am I dragging my *** to the gym and spreading my germs around (luckily I'm off work at the moment anyway). And when I'm sick I crave chocolate more than normal (maybe wanting to boost energy?). So I'm resisting the choccie.

Jen, I'm Thyroid body type (both tests said so). Thanks for sharing the link :)

dogdaysofdiets
06-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Popping in for an update. After a week of plateau-ing, my body has decided to behave and started losing again. I hit 201.5 on Sunday morning but was hesitant to consider it the real deal until two more days of consistent weigh ins.

I'm so close to ONEderland I can taste it! But the 1.5 pounds could take a while if my body decides to plateau again.

jendiet
06-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Amberjae, welcome, and i hear ya on still wearing maternity clothes. The salt gets me too, but yum. I always feel so good after something like a hot bowl of Ramen. (that's my adrenals talking)

Jitter, blech. Colds stink. I recommend some echinacea tea to help you get over that quickly. Get plenty of fluids and try to steer clear of the chocolate!

Dogdays, yay onderland is so close...don't worry about the plateauing, it's the body's way of adjusting to your new weight. yayee for losing again though.

I think i might have my foot in the door of onderland. scale popped up 198.6 today. Still, i will bounce around 5 lbs easily...so i'm not going to get despondent if i go back up to say 203 tomorrow.<----at least i'll tell myself that. I need you ladies to give me a shoulder if i do.

MissSea
06-28-2011, 04:03 PM
jen, thanks for the support -- I'm normally really good about not binge eating. I was just SO thirsty, I think any food would have been gorged on. And good advice on accentuating the positive. I ALMOST got chow mein, which would have been disaster (I'm on the Atkins diet). But I resisted ... yay for me! And our shoulders are ready when you need them. :)

Amberjae -- don't stress about the baby weight. Have you heard the saying, "It takes twice as much time to take off the weight as you put it on"? Well, it took you nine months to put it on, so try not to fret if you've still got some of it at 9 months. Keeping the scale from going up is the first step! Plus, I don't know if you had a C-section like me, but I was OUT OF COMMISSION for about 6 months before I was ready to start huffing and puffing. But you'll get there! :)

Wahoo, dogdays! Do you have any advice for us fellow plateau-ees about getting the scale to budge? Did you bump your exercise or change your routine at all?

zoodoo613
06-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Jen, Woohoo! A peek is the start! I say you made it.

jendiet
06-28-2011, 07:03 PM
thanks, jitter, i'm not counting the chickens before they hatch though...

Miss Sea, chow mein? do you mean lo mein? I love chicken chow mein and order it often. it is the vegetable plate, the lo mein is the noodles. everytime i call and order the chow mein they ask me "U sure you don't want noodle?" I laugh and say yes, I want CHOW MEIN. They say "That is vegetable" and I say YES I KNOW. lol.

having a rough day today, very tired, and feel worn out and dreary. Still what will food do? I caught myself scarfing down anything with salt in it..and I took a step back and said..i'm stressed. I did chomp on a few cucumbers that were lightly salted and peppered. I need to take my vitamin, it's just it has flax in it, and blehch, it tastes nasty.

I'm just about out of nursing tea....but i have some Rasberry Leaf tea saved from before I got pregnant--supposed to make the pain of menstruation better--and it happens to be recommended for breastfeeding too. An added benefit is it is supposed to support the adrenals too. So maybe it will help with weight loss?

my2cats
06-28-2011, 07:33 PM
The last time I hit Onederland I remember being really excited.. but then it seemed a little anticlimactic because I didn't immediately look amazingly thin. Damnit. ;)

But now that I'm 218 I can't wait to be back of course!

MissSea
06-28-2011, 08:39 PM
HAHAHA! Yes, "lo mein" is what I craved -- something about all those yummy noodles makes me go batty! I have a good friend who's Vietnamese, and she's been begging me to go get Pho with her. I want to so badly! :)

Congrats and welcome, cats, to Onederland Hopefuls! I think we're all flirting with it right now -- mad, passionate obsession doesn't come until the absolute last pound before 199. Hence, jen and her "toe and foot" comments above. But we're all hoping for that obsession! Oh, and I remember not noticing a considerable difference until I personally hit about 180. Watching jaws drop on people I hadn't seen in a while felt pretty good at that point. :S:

jen, I forgot to ask you -- are you still taking your prenatal vitamin? My OB had me take it as long as I was producing milk.

dogdaysofdiets
06-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Wahoo, dogdays! Do you have any advice for us fellow plateau-ees about getting the scale to budge? Did you bump your exercise or change your routine at all?

I wish I had miraculously purposeful advice, but alas...I did nothing different. Like Jen said, I think my body was just going through a quick adjustment. I have PCOS, so I'm a low carber. It's the only way the scale moves for me.

Jen - how exciting to see 198.6!!!!! Congrats!! I hope you can maintain it, or hang close to it. If not, no worries, you'll be right back there soon enough. I swear my scale likes to play tricks on me...makes me feel excited about a low weight and then jacks it up the next day. PITA! That's why I refused to believe my 201.5 until I saw it three days in a row.

jitterfish
06-29-2011, 03:25 AM
Jen raspberry leaf tea is meant to have quite a few benefits (anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and boosting immune system are ones I am aware of other than menstruation/pregnancy), you've made me think I might have a cup. I actually really like it but stopped drinking it after I had my boy - forgot I even had it.

My2cats you'll not be too far away, isn't it funny how perceptive changes things? I've been here before (three years ago) but I am so much more excited this time around. So close, so close.

jendiet
06-29-2011, 06:55 PM
oh ladies, i am ill. i was feeling a little rugged yesterday, but then woke up with a sore throat and achey body.---well let me clarify i didn't really sleep last night...i slept mostly today when i got home from an appt. Which THEIR scale weighed me in at 199.5 fully clothed. However, my scale bid me 199.6 naked. I'll take it under 200 please. At first the lady said 200 on the nose, then she said "well, really 199.5" so , I REALLY think it will be a leg soon.

good thing i have the teas, i have been hitting my throat with the goodness all day. I am really craving salt. The only thing that makes my day when I am sick is a hot cup of salty chicken noodle (like ramen). I made split pea and lentil with ham soup with yankee style corn muffins (added sugar). I know the salt will most likely show tomorrow, but i don't care. The corn muffins are so good i need to be careful with them too.

I have had echinacea and added the rasberry leaf and nursing time tea (got more in the mail today) together.

right now i'm sipping on some homemade decaf. green iced tea with milk and honey added. i feel like poop though.

dogdays, I'm sorry i'm not that excited about onderland--I'm still in denial I ever made it to 200 lbs! But the truth is what it is. I will be even more excited if EVERY reading is below 200 because i don't trust the BOUNCE.

Miss Sea I love exotic flavorlful foods. I do things like get roasted sea weed and eat it with a cup of garlic flavored rice noodle soup. I love that grocery stores have more ethnic foods available. The American diet bores me. Yes, i am taking the prenatal vitamin samples they gave me. I really don't like to burp flax though. I need more support and am looking into getting some DHEA into my system.

jitter, I also read rasberry leaf was good for adrenal and thyroid types as well. I am so glad I have it left over in the original package (i bought it in bulk last year).

hey cats, wow you are tall. Have you ever been 150 before? I say that because you would most likely benefit from a higher goal weight, but if you have been comfortably 150 before, then everybody is different. Welcome to our thread. you will be a onderlander before you know it.

my2cats
06-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks jen!

I haven't been 150 - but I've been 160 before and still had a little pudge in the stomach area (and my thighs.. and my arms.. ok a little all over :lol:). I figured I would aim a little lower and see how it goes. I might bump it up once I get closer, since I plan to be doing more strength training this time, so I may end up a leaner, meaner 160. :)

Erin27
06-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Jen: try freezing your vitamins....that often will take the burp factor out of them. Works well for fish oil to I'm willing to bet it'd work for flax too! ;-)

Thanks for the welcome ladies! I tend to lurk but I'll definitely jump in randomly. Right now i'm waiting to hit the 230s. I was hoping for this week but we'll see....once I hit the 230s, I'm officially below my wedding weight (which was almost 4 years ago).....here's hoping this is my week...i've been flirting with the bounce for the past 2-3wks.

jendiet
06-29-2011, 10:48 PM
cats, i see, i think you will see a better picture at a higher weight with the weight training.

Erin, i have never heard of that. I need to take my fish oil, but I get to the cabinet and think "do i want to taste yuk for the next 6 hours?" and i step back, will definitely have to try it. bouncing around makes you go on a an emotional rollercoaster which is why i avg my weights. I need 7 and i can post my first graph line.

MissSea
06-30-2011, 02:14 AM
Aww, feel better, jen! Sickness sucks, but sickness with a baby is just cruel. Hope you're on the mend soon. ;)

Just as an FYI, I took a pill called CitraNatal. It was covered by my insurance, but was still about $45 a month. But it had the vitamin plus DHA. I totally get the burp thing. Flax doesn't bother me, but fish oil does. Eww!! :(

Also, try taking the vitamins at night. I found the burp window had passed by the time I woke up at 7:30 or 8am (I got laid off right before I got pregnant -- nice timing, eh?). Also, when I only took them with water, the burp factor was higher than, say, Arizona Green Tea. FYI, COMPLETELY addicted to the stuff. Ah-mazing!

cats, I had my pooch (as I affectionately refer to that waste of skin and fat between my bellybutton and my bikini line) at all weight levels -- when I was skinny and 125 in high school and fat and 220 as an adult. My mom says it's genetic. Personally, I think that gene should be removed from the DNA strand. I did, however, manage to bedazzle my pooch with the tiger stripes from my pregnancy. Never thought pooch could be even less attractive, but I somehow made it so! ;)

jitterfish
06-30-2011, 04:03 AM
Erin I love your little cows!

Jen, hope I didn't give you my cold -lol- I feel crappy still, not helped by a lack of sleep last night with my 2.5yr old waking up multiple times crying due to growing pains.

Erin27
06-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Saw the 230's on the scale today! My official weigh in day is tomorrow so here's hoping they stick around for tomorrow.... fingers crossed!

kimberlymarie30
06-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi All. I've been waiting for a 200-190 thread to pop up here for awhile now. :) I don't post much, but I do like reading everyone else's posts.
Here's a little of my story:
I had my daughter in 2008 and in 9 months I gained....wait for it....70 lbs. I was already 180 when I got pregnant, so let's just say the additional 70 lbs did not look good on me. I felt like a complete failure at everything, but then felt completely blessed at the same time that my daughter came out healthy and happy regardless of my failures at eating right and exercising.
Fast forward to now and I've lost about 50 lbs in almost three years. I feel as though this is an awesome accomplishment. However, lately, I've been gaining, losing and then regaining the same 5-6 lbs. I literally yo-yo between 194 and 200 lbs. I hit 194 about a month ago and now I'm just under 200 at 199.4 this morning.
At this point, I'm not really sure where to go next. I don't have time to exercise right now as I work full time and also have a small business that I run on the side. I literally go from my desk at work @ 5 oclock to my desk at home and continue working. I keep my calories between 1600 and 2000 a day on most days, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything. I'm struggling with finding a way to get in some sort of exercise, and the more weight I gain the more frustrated I get and tend to feel very defeatist and that nothing is ever going to change.

AmberJae
06-30-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm so excited about this thread. I'm sitting here drinking my chamomille tea with a new found zest for thinness. Yesterday was a bit rough on my ego, but today, I'm back on plan.

I am also following in IF (intermittent fasting) thread that has me pretty motivated. That got me thinking...What are all of you ladies doing for your "plans?"

So, here's mine:

Diet: IF coupled with calorie counting (1200-1500) and food journaling

Exercise: Lots of stairs-on purpose (2 story house), wii fit, walking-hopefully running soon, plain old floor exercises (think grade school PE class)

Goal gift to self: When I reach my first goal of safely under 200 (195) I plan on buying a new workout DVD.

How about you gals?

AmberJae
06-30-2011, 12:59 PM
@kimberlymarie30, I too am having a terrible time finding the time to exercise. I have been yo-yoing from 202 to 205. It's so frustrating. I am a SAHM with only a 6 month old so you'd think I'd be able to do SOMETHING. But nope. THe days just go by and I have an excuse for not doing a darn thing. A lot of it is that my son refuses to nap so a lot of my daily energy is put into what I call the nap dance. I put him down, I pick yhim up, I feed him I put him down, I pick him up, I change him...On and on it goes until I realize the whole morning is gone and we are looking at afternoon with a very cranky little one and a momm that is still in her robe.

jendiet
06-30-2011, 01:36 PM
MissSea, i also have a pooch, and it was also bedazzled with my first pregnancy by stretchmarks. I also have a treasure trail down there to bemoan. So despite the treasure trail, the stripes, and the saggy skin from 2 c-sections now--i am going to make that area in better shape than it has been in years. I am determined. I will swat SO away if he even attempts to make a baby while i am in this shape.

Amberjae and kimberlymarie...that does sound rough. Don't take this the wrong way, but i frequently have to do the nap dance too. What it boils down to is biting the bullet and even if you have just 5 minutes--do it. Do some wall pushups or do some jogging in place. Who says you have to exercise 30 minutes at a time. More and More studies are coming out that 5-10 minute bursts of exercise are just as good for you. Amber, you already said you have lots of stairs to work with, this is awesome. everytime you go up and down those stairs you are working towards your goal.

kimberly, welcome by the way!, do you have a stroller, my little man is in a jag where he refuses to nap, and so i put him in our large baby trend in his car seat...and strolled around the block with my friend. We picked up 2 miles easily.

Erin, you are doing it. You just posted about your goal being to get into the 230s and now here you are! makes my meager loss of about a pound a week seem frustrating.

afm: feel so unattractive, my hormones are nuts. I can not keep hair off my legs, my skin is breaking out...and i feel like i look run down and ragged on top of everything. That is why i am looking for some DHEA supplement. I still have an annoying scratchy throat and a cough. The baby is still fussy and I am still feeling overwhelmed, but overall i feel blessed.

Why isn't he just sleeping for 2-3 hours at a time like normal???? it's ragging me out. Anybody with any insight? he falls asleep after nursing about 20 minutes on my lap, then i put him down to do other things and he wakes up screaming.

weight wise: the scale read 199.6 this morning. when i reweighed as i often do, the scale said 200.6. So i am going to take the 199.6 in stride. I think i have seven weights so i can change my ticker.

AmberJae
06-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Jen, I often chuckle to myself as I'm hefting my chubby butt up the stairs for the 6th time...He's just trying to help :) I actually do a lot of my floor exercise while he's having play time and I do quite a bit of cardio when we're having a dance party (turn up music, dance like a crazy person with him because he likes the jiggles). I guess I shouldn't get down on myself for not alotting a big chunk of time for activity. I should just be thankful for the snippets I do get. Thanks for the reminder. :)

jitterfish
06-30-2011, 04:17 PM
When you have young kids you do need to cut yourself some slack, but make sure you don't use them as your excuse. Put them in a stroller and go for a walk. While they are having tummy time get down there and do some stretching. Like Jen said, even 5min is something.

I've got a 7mos old boy and a 2.5yr old girl and work four days a week, so I totally hear you guys. I try and ensure I get one decent work out a week in and a couple of "others". Be it taking the kids for a walk, kinect (Xbox version of Wii if you're not familiar with it), or dancing like a total idiot until I sweat (this one I do with my lil girl). You just have to put yourself first sometimes. On the weekend I said to hubby that I was going for a run/walk and I'd be back in half an hour.

Jen I'm with you on feeling ragged, I was up for three hours last night with my lil ones and for once I'm wishing today wasn't my day off with the kids! All I want to do is sleep, instead I've got to juggle two cranky sick kids while being tired and sick myself. And its winter so its cold and raining so no going to the park.

Buuuuttt... on the bright side. I broke 200lbs today. 199.95 -LMAO- Its barely a toenail in the water of ONEderland but I'm taking it! But Monday is official weigh day so now I just have to keep at it over the dreaded weekend -LOL-

MissSea
06-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Before I reply to all the new posts (yay!), I have to tell you all, I am SO excited! I got my period today. No, I never thought I might be pregnant (thank you, Jesus!). But I ALWAYS swell up right before I start! Therefore, I will be a much happier (less weightier) camper come Monday. Especially because I was 202 this morning. Yay! :)

jitter, congrats!! Forget toenails, that's at least a couple of toes! Funny sidenote: whenever I hear someone talking about being sick, I think of "The Devil Wears Prada" and Emily Blunt's wonderful quote: "I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight!" HAHAHA! :D

kimberly, welcome! Congrats on your already awesome weight loss. And kudos for keeping the yo-yo'ing to only five or six pounds! That's wonderful -- really a good sign that you'll keep it off for good! :) I know it's tough to do the office/home-based business deal. My mom's a jewelry designer, but she had to go back to work to pay the bills in the crappy economy.

Some ways to sneak exercise in: my mom told me she walks the stairs in her building (she had her HR department check with the building to get permission). Also, try not to sit at your desk at lunch. Walk the "long way" to get to the bathroom, park your car at the edge of the parking lot ... whatever you can do to get moving. jen's right -- it doesn't have to be all this exercise, all at once. Whatever you can do throughout the day adds up at the end. Also, I got a Camelbak water bottle from Target to keep track of how much water I drink. It really does affect your weight loss, flushing crud out of our systems and removing toxins. :)

jen, I had a good friend whose son REFUSED to lay down by himself. She Ergo'd him almost 24 hours a day. Don't have an Ergo? If you can invest money in it (especially if you plan to have more kids), do it. It features front or back carrier positions, excellent back support and fun pockets for keys and wallets. There are always GREAT deals on BabySteals.com and Diapers.com sometimes has them. I had another girlfriend pick one up from a mommy group swap. They're also on CraigsList a lot. What's even cooler is you could (in theory) have up to 50 pounds in them. That's at least a 5 year old. So, if you're like me and live right next to Disneyland, you can shlep your friend's kindergartner around on your back through the park while he snoozes. ;)

Also, do you normally have breakouts? Pregnancy and the breastfeeding came down on me with a vengeance. I only got back to "normal" after I stopped pumping (which is not a recommendation to stop BF-ing, but rather a reassurance that all things should resolve themselves in due time). Otherwise, I swear by Clinique. I don't use moisturizer, only the soap and the astringent-like solution (I'm a 2).

jendiet
07-01-2011, 10:43 AM
MissSea, yay on being regular! And yay on the prospect of a whoosh. 202 is awesome. I do have a carrier, not an ergo. he got really mad when he was THAT close to my breasts--facing them...and he couldn't have the nini. I have a moby and have put him in that...it just feels awkward. I have always had acne. durning pregnancy, it got better...now it's bad again. after my first pregnancy i looked like I did in highschool, but was still a teenager. my hormones have always been whacky in some way.

jitter, you sound like you have a rough day ahead and that sleepless night isn't helping any. I am praying for strength for you. you do live in NZ, so yeah i bet the weather is different. It's going to be 92 tocay. I'm sick in the summer. And yayeeeeeee! for the toenail!!!! I like your hundredths of a place scale. I could so be obsessive with number crunching with that! You can make this weekend.

Amber, have fun with the dancing til you drop today! I remember when i danced with James. i'm still feeling a little under the weather, but i might go for a swim today.

kimberly, i agree not bouncing up and down 50 lbs with yo-yo dieting is awesome. You are great at maintenance, those skills will be handy once you do reach your goal weight.

Ok ladies...let's focus on our goals again. We have been doing goals for 2 weeks now. Newbies you can just jump in. Just repost your week 1 goal, and met or not met, and post your week 2 goal and met or not met (the week is not over yet) also post what helped you or did not help you meet that goal and what you might do differently OR the same to meet that goal. Also is this goal ongoing?

Week 1: Stress eat on veggies. Partially met. Need to have more cucumbers/veggies chopped up and available. Did slip up and stress eat on some pretzels. ongoing goal.

week 2: walk 3 out 5 days. Met. Have already walked every day this week. Will continue to schedule the walk with my friend to keep this goal ongoing.

woke up at 201.4 this morning, but that was most likely from the salt and pizza last night.

AmberJae
07-01-2011, 12:39 PM
I must have missed posting my goals...I did start a challenge on another forum so I'll post those goals...

Week 1 diet: Don't eat compulsively. Met with only one slip-up. I ate a mini scone without thinking twice about it. Then the reality and gilt set in. Shoot!

Week 1 exercise: Go up and down the stairs at least 10 times for no reason each day. Met. I know it sounds weird, but this is seriously a big deal. I can already feel it in my thighs. Who knew? :)

jendiet
07-02-2011, 03:33 PM
amberjae, yay on meeting your goals. We all mess up, and i consider 1 scone just a blip on the mess up scale. Do you also have a binge issue? If so, you can jump in on the chicks in control weekly challenge, if you want. You don't need to many challenges though. oh yes, the stairs are definitely going to give you a workout and TOTALLY reshape your legs. It looks like both of your goals are also ongoing.

I wonder where all the other ladies are.

I woke up to 199.8 again. I feel really ill though, and am pretty sure my whole body is inflamed and holding onto water. So I will not weep at the lack of progress. I am continuing to get about a 2 mile walk every night. We are supposed to be going out of town for the 4th, so I will have to figure a way to get my 2 mile walk or equivalent. I really do feel great after a walk.

jitterfish
07-03-2011, 03:42 AM
Week one goal was making it to the gym 4 times which I did.

This week 4 x gym, including a 40min session on eliptical and hopefully saying goodbye to the 90s and hello big hair 80s :) Kg that is of course!

Jen I'd say a lot of people are away for your July 4th weekend.

MissSea
07-03-2011, 01:40 PM
We pawned our girl off to Nana's for the weekend and have been doing some late-Spring/mid-Summer cleaning. It feels so good to look around and have open floors! Everything is put away right now -- just in time for our little hurricane to rip it all out again! ;)

I'm still at 202, but I refuse to change my ticker. Not convinced quite yet. When we dropped our girl off at Nana's, I stepped on her scale. Mommy likes Nana's scale! It said 200.5, but I'm going to go with ours at home. That way when I am in Onederland, it will be by even that much more! :)

jen, I hear you about hormones. I'm currently ready to drop mine down a dark hole. I thought you were supposed to go back to normal after the baby comes? Well, mine's almost two, and I'm still on the mood swing from ****! Hello? I'd like to get off now! ;)

My week one goal was to drink less Diet Coke, and I have, for the most part. I'm still at one or two cans a day, which I'd like to cut out completely. I sometimes go a day without having one at all, then the next day I'll have a couple. Better than five or six, which is what I was drinking prior to this challenge! :)

Week 2 goal was to stick closer to my diet. It's amazing what you can do when you set your mind to something, and my mind is like a laser pointer right now! I can do this!

kimberlymarie30
07-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone! I do have an awesome jogging stroller that I had always intended on using. I just need to get off my butt and use it!

My goals for this week are to start the first phase of the 17 day diet. Low carb has always been what always worked for me to lose and I like that this plan is low carb, but not to the extreme.
I also want to drink more water and green tea.

Thanks for the support! Good luck with all your goals everyone. You guys are so motivated. It helps keep me going.

jendiet
07-04-2011, 01:28 AM
Alright yay! GOOD job on meeting your goals ladies. Keep it up. We are getting ready to go into our third week. Be thinking about your goals you want to have for this week.

I am so pumped because we left town, and I STILL went for my 2 hr walk. I missed my buddy, but walked with my son so it was still fun. I did stress eat a little today. I have an assignment due which is a team effort and half my team never checked in!

Still sticking with it.

MissSea
07-04-2011, 02:47 AM
I am giving myself a WOOT, WOOT! for finally getting my signature -- I've officially been here long enough to not be a spambot. Yay for my humanity! On another note, I limited myself to one DC and a cup of coffee. Today is a good day. :)

jitterfish
07-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Yay MissSea you're human and ticking along now. Tickers are great, I love seeing mine move (over halfway now yay).

As expected I bounced back up over 200 after the weekend, but a very happy 200.6lbs (91kg). Aaaannnd today I did 40min on the eliptical and booked in for a PT session on Wednesday - until now I've just been doing whatever I felt like at the gym, time to make a proper effort/schedule.

MissSea
07-04-2011, 11:27 AM
jitter, hoo-rah for cardio -- at the end of the day, a healthy heart will help us more than a skinny butt. Plus you'll have oodles of energy to run around after the kidlets. The exercises from a PT will really help out too. I was petrified of the weight machines and free weights until I had a couple of sessions to get the lay of the land. Now I stride up to the leg press machines in front of all the power lifters. You all feeling better from your ills? :)

jendiet
07-04-2011, 07:24 PM
kimberly, i am not familiar with the 17 day diet, but i am sure it is a variation of the low carb lifestyle.

MissSea, yay for the ticker and yay for the ability to show your progress. What is a dc? so true about the healthy heart vs. skinny butt. I'd like both please!

jitter, great job with the exercise. We all know we are going to bounce, but heading on the way down, is all that matters.

I am hungry today. I think it is the cake doing it to me, but i can't stop thinking about food. I don't like that mentality. I had a decent sized piece of cake and some watermelon.

It's rainy, so I probably won't get to walk tonight, i am afraid it will be a break that will just keep going. need to stay motivated.

jitterfish
07-04-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm guessing dc was diet coke :)

MissSea
07-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Yup, dc = diet coke ... my Waterloo, of sorts. :)

jen, what is up with pastries that beckon? I am SO not a sweets girl (I live for salty food, though!), but every cupcake, brownie, pancake and candy in the area are calling my name! Hmm ...

jitterfish
07-06-2011, 02:04 AM
MissSea sometimes you just have to enjoy your dc, think positive - its not full coke! As long as you're getting enough fluids that is all that matters, if you're only drinking DC then its a prob because the caffeine will work against you. 8 glasses of water a day is a myth (and one of my pet peeve when I hear ppl talking about it because I'm a biologist and the original study has been misinterpreted to the 8 glasses of water a day advice).

So PT session today, f*** me did he work me hard, but it was awesome. And happy days my weight was 90.3kg which is 199lbs yay. Of course that is their scale but still awesome.

jendiet
07-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Grrr, scale was 200.8 this morning. But I did have a huge salty meal last night at 11pm. So maybe that is what is up.

On a good note, i have been faithfully doing my 2miles. last night, my 2 month old started hollering at 1 1/2 miles, but i wanted to do 2 miles so bad, we pushed straight through. I knew he wasn't hurt, so i just kept going. I knew i had to do it for myself. It still was a little unnerving. I hope I haven't become obsessive, but I really LOVE to walk those 2 miles.

thinking of doing something a little different with my diet in the next couple of days...i'm not sure how it will work though. i have not been keeping up with my carbs like I should. And i've been eating bacon and eggs in the morning.

i'm feeling a bit better.

MissSea, i am sure my major glands the adrenals are busted, and now i'm relying on my thyroid..so I'm going to stimulate that one to give me more umph. I agree with jitter. I personally hate diet drinks, but if you like them and they don't interfere with your cravings...then go for it, i could tell you about the gross chemicals they use to make it, but then they use gross chemicals to make alot of stuff nowadays.

jitter, will you expound on how they twisted the study? i'm interested. Yay for getting a good workout with your PT.

dogdaysofdiets
07-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Well...the scale was my friend this morning and registered 199.5. I only semi behaved over the long holiday weekend and I expected to pay the price this week. Apparently not. I will NEVER understand why my body does what it does, LOL. Alas, I was thrilled to see that pretty number but I'm not planning to count it as the real deal until I see another two or three weigh ins.

jendiet
07-06-2011, 06:33 PM
dogdays, yay! you are stepping into ONEderland, remember weight fluctuates and don't let a higher number get you down.

i have had a HARD day today. Felt like a chicken running around with my head cut off. I vented in the car in front of my son. I got it all off my chest. I told him sorry, i might explode if I don't. Really i didn't have time to vent anywhere else...

now, i'm back to having a delicous dinner cooked and my SO wants to fraternize and run errands for his friend (he has a cast on). i just want my man home so I can enjoy a dinner with him. Today, i decided to do a shake for breakfast and a shake for lunch and a sensible dinner, but i'm not waiting all da$n night for my SO so I can eat dinner. that is what pisses me off. HE KNOWS I love to eat dinner with him...and then he pulls this junk over and over. it makes me resent him and resent his friend.

dogdaysofdiets
07-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Thank you for your kind cheers Jen! My weight does tend to fluctuate, so I'm definitely taking an "I'll believe when I see it" (again) approach. :)

I'm sorry you're having a tough day. Don't fret about venting in front of your DS. Kids need to learn that even mommies aren't infallible. You're human. :hug: Boo to your DH for not coming home for a timely dinner. I hope you're able to enjoy your evening despite his frustrating decision. Hang in there!

jendiet
07-07-2011, 12:16 AM
ok, he came home in good timing and we were able to have a good dinner, and now the baby is asleep after he got him to stop crying. I just finished my assignment for class, and would like to take a breather. All of a sudden i am starving. gah. I need to remember and tell myself why i don't need to eat this late.

thanks dogdays for your encouragement too.

jitterfish
07-07-2011, 06:01 AM
Jen I'm going to cheat and just copy a post from my blog where I addressed the drinking water topic after a conversation on someone elses blog.

"Firstly, if you are having a balanced diet which people losing weight in general are, you get a lot of water from the food you eat. Secondly, our kidneys are extremely efficient at regulating the water content in our body. If you have any interest in biology you should totally check out how the kidneys work, they are amazing! You can get fluids from other drinks as well, a glass of milk or a cup of tea. Yes if you have a cup of coffee there is the effect of the caffeine but it is not that much, it just means that you may not get as much fluid as a glass of water.

Where did the idea of 8 glasses come from? Well back in the 1940s there was a study that concluded you should have 1mL of water for every calorie you consume. This translates into around 8 glasses if you eat 1800-2000cal a day, so it makes sense that you should drink 8 glasses right? Wrong. Again there is the water content in food that whoever made the suggestion for didn't account for.

Its not to say that we don't need water, and I do believe it is better to drink water than soda, fruit juice etc. But don't try and make yourself drink 8 glasses a day people, drink what feels right. Oh and another myth about water, drinking too much doesn't cause bloating nor water retention because yay, awesome kidneys!"

jendiet
07-08-2011, 12:59 AM
oh thanks for that jitter. yes, kidneys are really cool. You can really appreciate them if you visit a dialysis center.

well today, i feel really off plan, but don't know why? I did eat alot more carby foods today, i'm trying to limit my carbs to 200, but got to 275, i still will have a cup of tea with honey.

I really feel alot better than i have in a few days though. I also did my 2 mile walk tonight.

i'm trying to wind down, but it's hard, that is why i drink the tea.

i didn't post a goal for this week: For the rest of the week I want to keep my carbs under 300. I am really struggling with that.

oh yeah, my darned scale said 201.2 this morning. So apparently no progress??? my friend told me my stomach looked slimmer though. I need to retake my measurements.

jendiet
07-08-2011, 10:35 AM
ok, yay. scale read 199.0 so still bouncing around ONEderland. Today is shake day. I just need to remember to keep my dinner sensible.

jendiet
07-09-2011, 12:47 AM
ok so dinner wasn't so sensible, but my dinner time kept getting pushed back and pushed back. the plans basically went awry. So i probably ate more carbs then i should. still don't feel too bad about it since all I ate during the day were 2 breakfast shakes. blah for not staying op for dinner though.

jendiet
07-09-2011, 10:56 PM
ladies, where are you. i'm strugglin. I woke up to 203 on the scale this morning, can I get a big what????? I tried to do better today. man, oh man. my goal seems so far away. i drank a little tonight. I need to stay away from danger foods. sometimes I wish, i could just not eat all day....and then i'd lose weight.

jendiet
07-10-2011, 05:13 PM
ok, i don't know where everybody is, so is this thread dead?

jendiet
07-10-2011, 05:26 PM
ok, well, i'm having a HARD time getting into onderland and staying there. I actually decided to IF it today. I do feel alot better. I feel like my insides are gummed up from the fourth of july from all the meat I ate. I haven't been to the bathroom like normal either. probably seeing that on the scale too, but I have been 2 lbs up! walking 2 miles every day, and not binging..and i'm still GAINING. really my legs are getting very nice definition and i've lost inches, but still. NO GAINING anymore.

MissSea
07-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Many apologies, jen ... went out of town this weekend for my birthday (yay, me!), and I didn't check in via smartphone. Keep veggie crunchin', girlie! You can do this -- I find I'll hit the pavement later in the evening. I plug in my iPod, strap on my tennies and go! Sometimes it's just nice to clear your head, you know? But have faith! :)

On another note, I have a ONEDERFUL photo to share with y'all:
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss180/lorimcox/IMG_0297.jpg

It's just a toenail, but it's there! :)

jendiet
07-11-2011, 02:51 AM
omg, cute tootsies. I am so proud of your ONEderland photo!!!

yeah, i like to walk at night too.

well, i did a trial day of IF. I shouldn't expect any miracles...but hoping the scale would be gracious. It was alot easier to stay under the carbs, and get about 1500 calories.

I'm soo tired, and turned in my first paper tonight. I know i will be seeing red all over it, but at least it is done.

jitterfish
07-11-2011, 04:15 AM
I'm bouncing all over 200 too. I go under and I spring back over. Oh well, big picture I'm getting fitter and the weight has got to go.

I had hoped to be in the 80s but nope.

So this weeks goals:
- No chocolate (its my weakness, and this is a stress week)
- More fluid (water or herbal tea)

MissSea
07-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Good reminder, jitter. Goals for this week:

1) Get to the gym at least twice (maybe not TurboKick, though -- perhaps Zumba?)
2) Stick with the bars. IMO, they're actually tasty. And the more water I drink, the tastier they are. Why is that, do you suppose?

jen, I've seen a couple of your posts with IF, and I swear my eyes turned it into something else in my brain. Remind me again what it means? "Intermittent fasting", is that it?

AmberJae
07-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Jen, Good luck with IF. I"m having a lot of luck with it. I am currently doing research on IF combined with low carb...paleo style. I've lost weight with both so I'm thinking... Why not combine them? :)

I can't post links yet but if you Google "intermittent fasting and low carb" one of the first links is Justinowings dot com. I learned more there about both diets AND the benifits of combining them that I've learned ANYWHERE else.

one the subject of onederland... I was solid 197.2 for several days last week. This weekend we went out of town and I decided that I would take Saturday and Sunday off for fasting but not for calorie counting. I did really well and even included the wine from the wedding we attended in my daily count and pased on cake at both a baby shower and the wedding. This morning the scale said 203.2! Are you kidding me?! The only thing I can think of is that by eating "normally" I forgot to stay hydrated (I am SO sensative to salt and food adatives) and that I started my period this morning and I"m just really bloated. :(

So, today is back to IF and I will be combining it wif a low carb eating plan when I do eat. I guess I'll be sipping all day in hopes to get the scale back down to where I was all last week.

jendiet
07-11-2011, 08:52 PM
goal for this week
ab exercises every day, alternate obliques and rectus

continue to walk 3/7 days
follow IF all week.

jitter, i hear you about getting fitter. I'm looking alot better in my underwear. I've designated a pair of size 10 maternity jeans as my goal jeans and started taking pics. I fit these jeans except for the waist. I'm all muffin top and it's not pretty.

Amber, I have had success with fasting period. When I tried Fast5 a few years ago, i loved how it changed my body and my energy levels. Same thing this time.

I have elected to have a glass of tea with a tsp of sugar and a tbsp of milk during my fast times. And i have great energy during the fast, when i eat, i start slowing down and needing a nap.

MissSea, which bars are you talking about? Yes, IF is intermittent fasting. I'm using a 7 hour window of eating/day. Hopefully, i'll start seeing results and having better energy again.

MissSea
07-12-2011, 02:17 AM
Interesting info about the IF -- for Atkins, I remember reading you need to eat within one hour of waking (for me, a meal bar), then every couple of hours. I have a meal bar between 7 and 8 (depending on when I wake up), a snack bar at 10, eat another meal bar at 12:30 or 1, a snack bar at 4-ish and dinner after our girl goes down around 7. Normally my window is 12 hours. I also got a Camelbak water bottle from Target that's 24 oz. of water. I down at least two of those a day. I don't stress about getting 64 oz. of water (thanks, jitter, for giving me rebuttal information for my cray-cray SIL who harps on me about drinking DC and not having "enough" water). Instead, I try to drink a glass of water before I eat. I also HAVE to drink cold water with ice. OCD, I know, but it gets me hydrated, so I go with it! :)

I stepped on MY scale today, and it said 200.3. Yay for my scale! I think of it now in dog years. My scale is the adjusted "dog years" weight; every other scale is my correct weight, which means I'm probably under 200. I'll still follow my scale on the ticker, but I'll go weigh in with my doctor one of these days to see if I'm really down.

Amber, I'm big on weighing at the same time every day. I try in the mornings before I eat breakfast (and normally after I've peed). That way, there's a consistency for the weigh-ins. Otherwise, I drive myself crazy. If you've gone overboard one day, wait until the next morning to weigh yourself. Sometimes your body will just naturally deal with the extra input without you having to worry yourself into a dither over it. ;)

jendiet
07-12-2011, 03:35 AM
day 2 of IF completed. I have some hunger pangs right now, but i remember when i was at my lowest weight I used to listen to my stomach growl as I went to sleep. so must be a good sign.

dogdaysofdiets
07-12-2011, 08:34 AM
I'm still here - sorry to not be around much. Work has been consuming my life this past week.

Jen...Congrats on your positive IF day yesterday! I hope you start seeing the results you sooo deserve. You've been working so hard - keep at it and your body will start to respond!!

MissSea...Congrats on that beautiful step into ONEderland!! Even if it's just a toe in, it must have felt amazing!

My body is being so strange. After working through a couple of weeks of slow weight loss, it kicked into high gear once I hit 199.5 last Wednesday. In the last six days I've moved from 199.5 down to 196.2 this morning!?!? 3.3 pounds in 6 days...weird. I'm certainly not complaining but it has me wondering because I have done nothing different - if anything, I ate too much and didn't exercise as much over the weekend.

MissSea
07-12-2011, 01:09 PM
dogdays, I'm so with you! I cheated like crazy over the weekend -- bread, fruit, mashed potatoes -- but the scale on Sunday said 199.9. I wasn't even drinking very much water! Strange ... :)

jendiet
07-12-2011, 02:23 PM
wow ladies, my scale still is stubbornly reading 201. So you both are pretty much in onederland, and I'm still sitting on the county line.

I think you are both experiencing the phenomenon of refeeding. Where a cheat day actually drives the body to let go of excess water and toxins.

You would think with the workout of pushing a tandem stroller 2 miles up and down hills and huffing and puffing most of the way, I would be seeing some WEIGHT change. not. however, i am seeing lots of definition happening. Alas, I would LIKE to see weight change and definition, but with the definition I know the weight change will come. I just need to keep up with it and be patient with the scale. Still I wanted to kick it up and down the bathroom this morning.

my day yesterday was good except for the cookies. DARNED SOFT BATCH. I usually only like chocolate sweets, but these cookies were chocolate chip AND softbatch. I love a greasy cookie. it's ok, because the scale was still lower this morning. and my calories were 2535 for yesterday. the day before they were 1600, so i am calorie cycling..which also helps me lose weight.

i have to remember July 9th my scale said 203 lbs. And today it said 201 lbs. so something is going on. I just hope it isn't scale bounce. I went from 199 to 203 back down to 201. it makes you think WTH????

MissSea
07-12-2011, 04:02 PM
I hear you, jen. As soon as I could, I started working out with my daughter (Stroller Strides, if any are curious). My scale stubbornly stayed put, but I was out of my maternity clothes within three weeks. I was pumping at the time, so that may be why my body refused to let go of the pounds. But I saw an overall change in my body, so I was content, if not totally excited.

I think cheat days are good overall. Nothing can exist in a vacuum -- and diets are essentially vacuums. Until your body "relearns" what it can or cannot live on, you have to stay consistent with the diet, and I think cheat days help that. My two cents ... :)

Ahh, soft batch cookies -- they're like crack, I tell you! ;) jen, can you avoid the cookies altogether? Personally, I've stopped buying things I shouldn't eat or things that are triggers for me. For example, I make my hubby run to the quickie mart for an individual-sized bag of Doritos if he feels the urge, rather than keep a jumbo bag in our house. Mmmm, Doritos ... :::shakes head::: I need to go eat lunch now. :)

dogdaysofdiets
07-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Jen...I was going to suggest that you're probably losing fat & gaining muscle at the same time. The muscle being heavier wins the battle on the scale. Makes total sense. Like you said - keep it up and the scale will start to move.

I agree with MissSea, I have to keep the house stocked with minimal temptations. When I'm craving a sweet treat, I eat a Skinny Cow fudge bar. It takes long enough to eat it that I'm satisfied when it's done.

jendiet
07-13-2011, 02:16 AM
thanks ladies. MissSea, that is a good idea and I usually do not have soft batch cookies in the house because like you said they are like crack. And there is no way eating the smaller ones helps--NOT ONE BIT. I was at a friend's house and found them in a cabinet when i was hunting for fare to break my fast with. should have never touched them, but it is ok. I bought him some more...and just having the things in my house has brought illicit thoughts to mind of sitting in a corner with 10 cookies in each of my cheeks...ugh evil.

dogdays, there are some on here that totally don't believe in that, but I think I do...and I think my pictures of losing just 5 lbs show the real deal. Still it drives me crazy when i see "i dropped 4 lbs in one week" or worse 12 lbs weight loss in one week. jeesh. it takes me months to see a 12 lb weight loss, but as long as I am LOOKING better. I am happy. Feeling better is a plus too. oh yeah this morning I woke up to my breasts leaking. actually i leaked all over SO all night because i was getting so much milk built up...that has to weigh something right?

well, my friend walking with me fell through and so I swam my 2 miles. I got these bands that let you swim against the resistance and basically swim in place, but i also decided to walk against the water. workout completed.

i broke my fast at 4 pm today...and I made sure i had good food on hand. much better day and very very close to goal both ways. Was shooting for 1800 and 200 carbs. I got 1836 and 252 carbs.

jitterfish
07-13-2011, 03:34 AM
Some how I've put on weight and I cannot for the life of me see how. I thought I might finally be getting TOM after 8mos breast feeding, I got a bit of spotting so I was like ok TOM... man I hope that is what it is because otherwise I hate my scale. 3lbs gain in three days.

Keep positive, keep focussed. I'm getting healthier... screw the scale... right?? -LOL-

Arianwen
07-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Jen...I was going to suggest that you're probably losing fat & gaining muscle at the same time. The muscle being heavier wins the battle on the scale. Makes total sense. Like you said - keep it up and the scale will start to move.

I agree with MissSea, I have to keep the house stocked with minimal temptations. When I'm craving a sweet treat, I eat a Skinny Cow fudge bar. It takes long enough to eat it that I'm satisfied when it's done.

Sorry, have to nitpick here, muscle does not weigh more than fat, but it is more compact. 1 lb of fat = 1 lb of muscle but muscle looks a lot better!!!

jendiet
07-13-2011, 03:24 PM
yeah, i try not to nit pick on that. I think i am gaining lean muscle...and it looks better--as well as I am burning fat. I have a pair of jeans that are my goal jeans and I am looking better and better in them.

so I guess it is possible since one lb of lumpy fat takes up more space than nice lean muscle.

dogdaysofdiets
07-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Sorry, have to nitpick here, muscle does not weigh more than fat, but it is more compact. 1 lb of fat = 1 lb of muscle but muscle looks a lot better!!!

Thanks...but I very well understand that 1lb=1lb. By saying "the muscle being heavier", I didn't mean to imply that muscle weighs more than fat - just that perhaps she was adding muscle faster than she was losing the fat.

Sorry to make you feel compelled to "nitpick" my post. I think you read too far into it.

dogdaysofdiets
07-13-2011, 08:41 PM
yeah, i try not to nit pick on that. I think i am gaining lean muscle...and it looks better--as well as I am burning fat. I have a pair of jeans that are my goal jeans and I am looking better and better in them.

so I guess it is possible since one lb of lumpy fat takes up more space than nice lean muscle.

Yes! Lumpy fat definitely looks worse than muscle. If you're seeing more muscle definition, you're doing GREAT!

My closest girlfriend is a personal trainer and thinks I'm crazy for weighing myself everyday. She refuses because she thinks the scale can be deceiving if you're working toward muscle definition. Then again, she's crazy fit so I doubt the scale moves much for her, LOL!

jendiet
07-14-2011, 03:08 AM
thanks dogdays. wow that is so cool you have a PT for a best friend.

Well, another day done. I do weigh myself every day, I try not to drive myself crazy and i put notes in my journal about things that might affect my weight. I also do a graph of the average weights.

I walked my 2 miles. I also did a little bit of abs today.

jitterfish
07-14-2011, 04:06 AM
198.9lbs today, one foot over the line. I'll be happy when I can stay under that 200!

I just found out that my weekend lunch is 1000cal, omg. Amazing how calories can hide where you don't expect them.

Jen I love how goal clothes can be so motivating. I was so psyched to get into my goal jeans! Now I need a new pair of goal pants! I just wish I could lose weight around my stomach, damn Mummy tummy. I have cute tops from before but I can't fit them coz I my bulging belly.

jendiet
07-14-2011, 11:24 AM
ok finally. scale gave me 199.2. Back into onederland. funny thing is i ate a huge dinner last night. it felt good to be full and yummy. i ate at 11pm, and I went to bed at 3 am. my calories were 1965 and my carbs were 261 g. I didn't think i'd see a lower number after that--so definitely making a note of it.

jitter that lunch sounds yummy. I always do better with a huge dinner.

hmmm tummy fat. I think intermittent fasting would help. I will post my tummy pics to show you what i mean.

this is 5 weeks postpartum to 8 weeks postpartum. i should have just framed the belly area, sorry for everything showing in the pics. my computer is stupid and i'm having a hard time editing pics. plus my time is short.

but, i think the pic is showing the progress.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/WEIGHTLOSS2011001.jpghttp://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/WEIGHTLOSS2011007.jpg

m3rma1d
07-14-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm still here! Was outta town for 3 weeks... the first week I did awesome, the 2nd week pretty good, then last week not as well. I am showing it on the scale, so now BACK TO WORK! My goal is 199 by Sept 13th. I was 226.8 this morning (which sucks 'cos a coupla weeks ago I had gotten down to 224)... Time to kick it back into gear!

MissSea
07-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Gosh, girlie -- you can really see it in your face and thighs! I read somewhere that you take off weight in the order you put it on (as the body is not yet attached to the "newer" weight). That tummy weight from the baby may hang around for a bit longer as you're still BF'ing. But push on! It will come off eventually. ;)

jitter, my PT used to call salads "conduits for dressing" ... I liked the image of salads as dimwitted lackeys for the mafioso-like bottles of salad dressing. It's a conspiracy, I tell you! Also, watch out for croutons, crispy noodles, tortilla strips, etc. They're drenched in butter or oil and baked to get that tasty, crispy flavor. I almost fell over when I saw the calorie count for an Asian Chicken Salad I wanted the other day -- almost twice as much as the Cobb (which I thought would be HORRIBLE). ;)

To throw my hat into the fat vs. muscle ring: Most of us know that as you build muscle under your fat layers, the muscle pushes the fat out, making it appear you are gaining or "getting bigger" instead of losing. And the more muscle you have on your body, the more energy is needed to sustain it -- the body will look to the fat for energy as long as you keep the muscles moving and growing.

However, people make the mistake, at this point, of not giving their body enough energy to maintain the muscle growth by not eating more. Therefore the muscles build, a person freaks and stops eating (or severely restricts their diet), and the body uses the muscle for energy, giving a false sense of weight loss. The best thing you can do, jen, is to keep feeding your body now that you're exercising and moving. You're doing great -- keep it up! :)

jendiet
07-14-2011, 06:38 PM
hmm, i've actually lost inches off my tummy as well, i guess the pic isn't showing it too well.

but at least you can see the inches from my face and thighs.

m3rma1d
07-14-2011, 06:48 PM
hmm, i've actually lost inches off my tummy as well, i guess the pic isn't showing it too well.

Oh no, I definitely see it bigtime! Way to go!!

jendiet
07-15-2011, 12:21 AM
m3, thanks. i like your avatar btw.

well, another night and completed the 2 mile walk. I was a little disappointed because it was so easy this time. i like sweating. we didn't do as many hills and my friend was a little tired. I didn't tell her how easy it was for me.

another day of IF for me. I started eating at 4 pm...and I ate sensibly until 11pm. I really like this. I wonder if it is just a "honeymoon" as someone mentioned as I've been doing it less than a week. I really do feel good. I get the hunger pangs as well as the very full feeling. I need to experience both of these in the day. i know that sounds wierd.

MissSea that little bit of research ( I am a research junkie btw) explains why I have gained inches around my arse, but it is toning up. I figured i was building the muscle underneath. at first, i was appalled, but then i realized--duh that is muscle from doing them hills at 3 mph.

jitterfish
07-16-2011, 03:46 AM
Jen I agree you can completely see the progress! Are you breast feeding? How does IF go with BFing? Are you IFing with reduced calories (i.e. meal skipping), or IF with compact calories (eating same amount in a smaller eating frame)?

I've been reading up on IF a lot atm, it is meant to be a great way to break a plateau which is where I am. Seems to break it IF with reduced calories is suggested, so I think I'm going to give it a go. But I'm trying to work out if I'm going to do one fast day a week, or do skip a meal every second day for a week until I break the plateau (until I can get into the 80s and stay in them instead of bouncing where I am).

First day of the weekend down, and I'm within my calorie budget but I did nibble on a few bad things. Just bites here and there but I was mindful and compensated by reducing what I actually ate at meal time. No exercise though today, and tomorrow I need to do work to prep for lessons next week (I haven't written them yet LOL), so hopefully I get something in.

dogdaysofdiets
07-16-2011, 06:27 AM
I kind of stepped into IF by accident. My main goal was low carbing, but I could never find a low carb breakfast option that was appealing AND easy to take on the road. It takes me a couple hours after waking up before I feel hungry for breakfast - by then I'm at the office - so my old breakfast habits entailed something I could pick up on the road and eat at my desk (bagel, egg sandwich, etc). I've never been a snacker, so cutting out snacks wasn't necessary. My problem has never been over consumption of food...just eating the wrong things for my PCOS-laiden broken metabolism.

Once I ditched my carb addiction, I realized I wasn't hungry for breakfast and didn't begin to feel hunger pangs until 11:30AM-noon...lunch time...plenty of low carb lunch options (salad, low carb yogurt, nuts, hard boiled eggs, etc) that fill me. So I got in the habit of not eating until noon-ish, and then when I arrive home from work my DH has dinner ready (because he scoots out to work about an hour after I get home), so I eat dinner with the family at a fairly consistent time each night. Because of my insulin resistance, I try to eat my meals within an hour time frame so I'm not overproducing insulin. Thus...dinner is started and finished by 6pm.

Once I added it all up, I realized I was only ever eating between the hours of noon and 6pm. It has proven to be very very effective for my weight loss. IF, low calorie and low carb. And I can't remember the last time I felt hungry. It seems like it's backwards because I've always been taught that you should eat frequent small meals throughout the day...and for some people with fast metabolisms (like my DH) it does make sense...but for me, it has always made me feel more hungry. Eating during a shortened window of time seems to keep my cravings at bay and makes me appreciate food as a fuel, rather than a luxury.

jendiet
07-16-2011, 04:29 PM
hey there ladies.

Well, you are both firmly in onderland. I still seem to be just losing inches. But I'll take it. I am losing inches where it counts on my belly. I have lost 2 1/2 inches from there now.

jitter, on my low days i seem to eat 1800 calories and on my high days 2200. and anything in between. I am really sensitive about my milk supply so i'm trying not to drop too much. The eating is done with regular amt of calories and carbs within the eating window. I too feel just slightly hungry. when I wake up late. I fast until 4 or 5 pm. so I am eating much later, but I don't go to bed until late either.

dogdays, that is definitely IFing. i can only get started on dinner at about 9 pm. so if I don't start losing weight soon, i'm going to tweak this a little though.

so today the scale was stubbornly at 201. although my friend says that her mother's scale is 4 lbs different from my scale. I don't know what the deal is there. I'm going to use my scale because that is where I started.

I know the weight doesn't mean everything...but i'm getting more and more upset with the scale each morning!

dogdaysofdiets
07-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Hang in there Jen! It must feel frustrating to 'know' you're toning up and improving your health, but not seeing it on the scale definitely takes an emotional toll. All I can say is it WILL happen. I never attempted to diet that soon after having a baby (she was closer to 2yrs when I got serious - I commend you for committing yourself when you have a newborn...I'm amazed!), so I don't know for sure, but I imagine your body is still recovering. Between that and the breastfeeding, your results will probably be slow moving scale wise. Your body is just fighting you in an attempt to protect your baby.

Feeding your baby is far more important right now and once your LO weans and you're not worried about your milk supply, you can reduce your calories and I bet you'll see a HUGE down tick on the scale. Building all the muscle right now with exercising and creating those wise dietary habits, I think the payoff will be tremendous for you when the time is right. Please don't feel discouraged. You will get your scale rewards in time...right now your rewards will come in the form of smiles, coos, squeals, and drooly kisses from your sweet little baby.

jitterfish
07-16-2011, 09:53 PM
I've skipped breakfast a few times because mornings are mad -LOL- Between breast feeding and solid feeding Oakley, making breakfast for Willow, making lunches, showers and getting everyone dressed we're pretty much running out the door most days and I get to work and think oh heck I missed breakfast. So while it was on accident it got me thinking that maybe I should incorporate IF in. But my milk supply dropped when I started losing weight, I had to watch my calories because if I exercised too much I would notice it, Oakley would be super demanding. Now that he is older and on solids though, I think it won't matter so much. I guess its all about experimenting - like I commented on another thread there is no such thing as failure, only feedback. If it works its all good.

Half way through the weekend and I'm feeling good about how I've coped. I'm looking forward to Wednesday when I can make it to the gym - the downside of work I can only go to the gym 2x a week for the next five weeks until I'm on break again.

jendiet
07-17-2011, 02:09 AM
thanks dogdays. I am going to DEFINITELY keep that in mind and just keep on keeping on. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

jitter, thanks for the heads up. yes, I don't want to mess with my milk supply, i've just now gotten to the point i feel comfortable pumping. i had an AWFUL experience while i was studying for the NCLEX. I pumped for 4 hours off and on. to make sure he had milk during my classes. well, i went to bed...and he woke up to nurse...and he screamed and screamed because my milk would not come in....i cried and tried everything...finally I got a bottle saved up for class out of the fridge..and gave it to him. that incident left me a little pump shy.

ok, we walked our 2 miles today. We are getting conditioned so we need to step it up. tonight she even noticed it was way easier then it used to be...we walk at 3 mph and the hills definitely make us sweat--so we have been avoiding too many hills. now both of us agree we need to step it up. we can't exercise longer--so we got to go harder. we've been talking intervals which i love. i also found a move i really like. it is like a modified superman. you are standing at a wall or ledge in wall push up position--then you press your heel down...and lift alternate legs and arms. it is a plank type exercise that targets the whole body. I have also started doing wall push ups and tricep dips.

jendiet
07-17-2011, 04:29 PM
well ladies, I did really well yesterday and the scale said 200.4 today. so what is up with that? The thing is I have this file thing i keep to reset the scale weight...and the weight of that PLUS me keeps going down, but the scale still says just I weigh the same. is that wierd?

i never take anything out of the file box...so it always weighs the same which is 21 lbs. yesterday the box and I weighed 218 lbs, then today the box and I weighed 217 lbs. grr. maybe i need a new scale.

*** i changed the batteries..and I got 199.6*** I'll take it. please let me stay in onederland now!

dogdaysofdiets
07-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Yay Jen!!!!! Darn scale...I was having similar problems a few weeks ago (yoyo weights and having a hard time zeroing it out before weigh ins) and I finally went to Target and bought a new one. I couldn't take it anymore. But then I was worried that maybe my old scale was more favorable and starting over with my new one would add a couple pounds so I was afraid to get on it, LOL! But it turned out fine - old scale and new scale were nearly identical. Phew!

Fingers crossed for you that you'll stay in ONEderland!!! :sunny:

jendiet
07-18-2011, 03:00 AM
well to add to the scale fiasco, my friend who weighed 138 on my scale and 134 on her mother scale. Tried out THREE different scales at walmart and they all said 133. So that leaves my scale as the outlier. I guess it is time for a new scale.

that kind of pees me off.

I didn't walk yesterday, and I had a hectic day due to the project being due. I got up a few minutes before the deadline and was terrified. it didn't show up as submitted, but my team mate assured me it shows up as submitted on her end. so I think we are ok...phewwwwww.

now, if i could just get back to sleep.

jitterfish
07-18-2011, 03:50 AM
Everytime I lose a large amount of weight at once I think my scale is broken, so I have a 10L (therefore 10kg) container of water handy so I can check it. Mine gets bashed around a lot because of the kids so I'm always suspicious when I drop a couple kg at once.

m3rma1d
07-18-2011, 10:02 AM
*** i changed the batteries..and I got 199.6*** I'll take it. please let me stay in onederland now!
:cheer:CONGRATS JEN!!! :cheer:

m3rma1d
07-18-2011, 10:05 AM
WOW what an awesome scale day for me!! I weigh myself daily, but on Mondays I post it to facebook, so I like a really good number on Mondays. Well today was a REALLY good one--222.0!! Can't wait to post it on facebook, gonna go do that now WHOOHOO!!!

jendiet
07-18-2011, 01:36 PM
m3--you go girl.

jitter. I'm about to DROP the 21 lb box on the scale over and over. It is a digital scale, so you think i would NOT have to reset it...but i have found the numbers get quirky.

202 THIS MORNING. I could just fling it out the window!!!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!

WTH???? I mean my stomach is shrinking, and I'm getting leaner. I'm also getting PISSED. my friend has already lost 10 lbs. 10 FREAKING POUNDS!!!!

OK, i think i got it out...

I have to ask myself. Do i want to see weight loss or fat reduction. The answer is fat reduction so AS LONG AS i am seeing that--I will stick with my regimen. But why OH WHY can't I have both!!!!!!!

jendiet
07-18-2011, 03:53 PM
hahahhahaha. I decided to weigh again--clothed. and it said I weighed less than i did naked. so I reset it again ---and 198.6 lbs!

that is a new low!!!!
I guess I have to reset the scale everytime.

AmberJae
07-18-2011, 05:06 PM
CONGRATS on your losses ladies! Jen, I'm glad you din't have to throw your scale :)

I am stuck at 198 today but the TOM bloat is gone. I hope to got for a long walk with my son in the stroller and have already done a belly dance video today. Maybe more activity will kick my butt in gear.

jendiet
07-19-2011, 12:30 AM
we walked our 2 miles today. I decided to get drunk off some pina coladas--and i did. hmm, i cooked some Asiago tortellini while drunk and hungry --2 servings = 1140 cs!!!. but it was good.

Also SO was sweet and bought me a bunny tracks cone from the ice cream truck--gah 490 cs. wish i had thought harder about that--i knew we were going to drink tonight.

too many freaking calories...but it's the end of the day...and tomorrow is a new day.

jitterfish
07-19-2011, 03:48 AM
Hey sometimes you just have to enjoy life and say to heck with the calories. After all we're changing our eating habits, but we have to do this with reality in mind! No one can deprive themselves, as long as it isn't daily then its all good in my mind.

MissSea
07-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Amen, jitter -- and like you said before, jen ... we get to experience the mystery of refeeding! :)

This weekend was tough -- went to visit friends from high school. YOW! She's one of my besties, but we were both curvy in high school, and she went and dropped ALL of her weight by running once she hit college. Fast forward 15 years and she's still thin (12 weeks postpartum!), and I'm needing to drop another 50 pounds. I really need to start running ... if only I didn't hate it so much. ;)

I'm still hovering around 198-199. I definitely think my scale is wonkier than others, so I feel your pain, jen. And thanks, amber, for reminding me about the TOM bloat -- I'm within 7 days of that, so my body's starting to go into hibernation mode! I don't think my homeowner's insurance would cover window repair from a scale flying out the window! ;)

MissSea
07-19-2011, 12:19 PM
m3rma1d, I have to also add I love your blog! I tend to buy african violets (they look cute, what can I say?), but they always die on me! I'm normally really conservative about watering. Maybe I'll try your mix and the wicking process you described. :)

m3rma1d
07-19-2011, 12:49 PM
m3rma1d, I have to also add I love your blog! I tend to buy african violets (they look cute, what can I say?), but they always die on me! I'm normally really conservative about watering. Maybe I'll try your mix and the wicking process you described. :)

OMG YAY! Any time you want tips just let me know!!

jendiet
07-19-2011, 03:59 PM
happy dance. scale gave me 199.6 today. I have to say my belly flab is SHRINKING. i love it. I hope it continues to do so.

yeah, i threw yesterday to the wind. I am not sure if I want to eat regularly today or just do a liquid fast. since we slept all day. 3 shakes would cover it for me. i really slept all day. my baby wanted to as well. we just cuddled and slept...but now eeeep I got chores to do!

MissSea
07-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Go, jen! Sleepy days are my favorite days. Sometimes you need to "take a load off", as my mother says. And super congrats on the happy dance -- didn't you say your scale was wonky? Saying you weighed more than you did? Well, now you're even lighter than your scale reports! That's cause for a happy dance, indeed! ;)

jendiet
07-19-2011, 10:47 PM
yeah MissSea, according to my friend my scale is 5 lbs off. but it IS MY scale. I should still see my weight dropping if I am losing weight. She said it is 5 lbs off because she tried 3 seperate scales at walmart after weighing on mine. Mine gave her 138. All 3 of the walmart scales (differnt brands) gave her 133. I have to see it for myself before I buy a brand new scale.

my friend and I did intervals with jogging today. we still did 2 miles, but this time with short jogging intervals. I am still worried about my joints and I have plantar fasciitis in my feet--so I am not thrilled about jogging on pavement. I mentioned the rebounder again.

jendiet
07-20-2011, 11:19 AM
ok..another happy dance. I am not supposed to weigh yet, but i felt good..so i jumped on. 197.4! new low. ****i got to move my ticker***:trampo:

of course since i ate my calories in liquids yesterday--totalled 1280, i can't be sure if it will stick. I'll take it though.

Amber, i think the stroller is an awesome idea. I know the littler ones are hard to maneuver though. I have a tandem baby trend, and it moves great for speed walking. belly dancing is so good for your core. are you any good at it? I used to REALLLY want to do that.

m3 and jitter. how are you ladies?

AmberJae
07-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Jen, I used to do belly dance A LOT. I never performed but I had the outfit and would do it mostly for fun and with my girlies for fitness. I'm telling you, I am nowhere near that fitness level. I could barley properly do snake arms. LOL I am going to get back into it though, it's a fun way to exercise and use muscles you don't normally use. I am SO sore today. I have no idea if it was the Billy's Boot Camp, the belly dance or the serious walk/hike/run with my son but I am feeling it. I can barely reach (lats), go upstairs(hamstrings) or squat. OUCH! and I LOVE IT!

I have a Jeep jogger, I intended on running from the start so I just got the most active one available at the store. That way I had no excuses;)

jendiet
07-20-2011, 05:26 PM
ok SUPER happy dance. When i weighed during my normal time. eeep the scale said 195.8!!! eeeeeep! SUPER SUPER SUPER happy. i take the lowest weight because you can NOT lose matter--it has to be somewhere. So the lowest weight the scale gives me (with both feet properly on) is the weight i take.

Amber, i am a little jealous of your having a jogging stroller, but i don't anticipate jogging on pavement. I LOVE my rebounder for jogging.

ItsMyTurn
07-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Ok, so I am new here - or my first time posting anyway. I have been hanging around a bit though and reading here and there (one of the sites not blocked at work) so thought it time I register and introduce myself. Not sure if you all want me barging in on this thread or not since I am a bit away from the Onederland happiness, but boy I want it so bad I can taste it. Quick briefing... I am a mom of 3 (2 disabled older kids) and work full time. I had some of my own medical issues this year that caused me to gain beyond my normal "little extra" I have always had. My medical issues are now being monitored and time to fix the problem! When I started, was at 236Lbs at the end of March. Yesterday was my weekly "weigh in" that I set for myself and was at 214.8 Lbs. Still a ways to go, but hope it's cool if I hang out here :) I love the supportive nature of this community and couldn't resist being on the "outside" anymore. And Jen, I so feel your pain. My scale barely moves but have been having a HUGE difference in how my pants fit. Yes, I did read previously, quizzed, and also adrenal body type (and I am ADHD, so to shut off the brain is pretty much impossible, lol). So it seems we face a lot of the same challenges in our journeys. Hope to get to know you all better!

MissSea
07-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Hello, Its! Anyone flirting with Onederland or ready to take it home for a wild night is welcome here. I am personally trying to take my Onederland relationship to the next level, ala jen (so jealous, girlie -- 195?! Woohoo!), but Onederland is holding out on me. C'est la vie! Maybe next week ... ;)

m3rma1d
07-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Yesterday was my weekly "weigh in" that I set for myself and was at 214.8 Lbs. Still a ways to go, but hope it's cool if I hang out here :)

Hey I'm further away than you and they seem to tolerate me, so you'll fit in just fine I'm sure. :D

jendiet
07-20-2011, 11:50 PM
hey, its my turn. You have been silent, but ADHD or no, you have been keeping up on everything. Welcome. We would love to have you!

m3-you are a pleasure to have

MissSea, yeah..i'm not holding my breath about the 195.8--it's a tease. I probably will be 198 or so tomorrow. Since I ate solids, and my system isn't that efficient. But to be in onederland is great.

we did our 2 miles and did less intervals tonight..it is just so hot! i ate quite a bit when I got home, but because i was genuinely hungry. 1280 cs (yesterdays)is not alot...and my milk supply was a little sluggish in the afternoon--but i think that was because i was dehydrated from the sweating. and man oh man, do i sweat on our walk/runs.

jitterfish
07-21-2011, 03:46 AM
All welcome, close to ONEderland, not so close, or those who've jumped the border already :)

I posted this in 100lb+ board, but yeh blow out day today. Frustration got the better of me. 198 is where I'm stuck, I really expected 197 today. Instead emotions raged and I sabotaged any chance to 197 with a binge day PLUS no gym because I'm tired from work/kids. I need ya'll to booty kick me. Right now I'm just hoping to get through the weekend and be at 198 on Monday now -LOL-

How I love the weekends, how I dread them when it comes to weight reduction. But positive side, it was just one day in my life and I won't let it derail me, I'm still holding on to the bandwagon (who's driving this thing anyway??)

m3rma1d
07-21-2011, 09:45 AM
/me bootykicks jitterfish

jendiet
07-21-2011, 10:50 AM
jitter, it's just one day in the scheme of things. I understand your frustration--and I know how paradoxically it makes you want to binge. which how does that make sense????

remember, we do need refeeding days to keep our metabolism guessing...so don't think it's over. it might have helped.

scale gave 197.0 this morning, but i don't usually weigh this early...i weigh closer ot the time I break my fast.

I got up early today...so I hope the extra energy doesn't make it harder to do my IF.

isn't it funny? after two days of sleeping until 3 pm.one day of eating over 3000 calories, followed by a liquid fast....I finally drop the weight. I am going to keep that in mind.

ItsMyTurn
07-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Thank you all for the welcomes!
MissSea, I am SOOO ready to take the Onederland train home, but it seems my ride has been delayed, lol.
m3rma1d, I have been watching your posts... you are not "tolerated" here, you are welcomed cause of your kickin' personality! Thank you for the reassurance though
jen - I have been watching your progress and find it encouraging too. Being a BF mommy is actually good for your body as well as the baby's, supposedly it causes the abdomen to retract faster... though for me, it just made my "girls" look down at the ground instead of straight ahead of me, lol!
jitter - Your weekend struggle is just one of your obstacles, but you always seem to find a way to climb over that wall and around it ;) I have no doubt that even when there is a slip, you recover nicely! I am on the opposite end: I do better on the weekends cause I can keep moving instead of being leashed to my chair at work for 9+ hr/day.

Now for some good news: I am usually religious about my once a week weigh in, but... after educating myself on body types and such, I was feeling pretty good, so jumped on it this morning... down another 1.6Lbs!!! I can't update my stats until I get home, but super yay!

m3rma1d
07-21-2011, 11:49 AM
down another 1.6Lbs!!!

:D:D:D

ItsMyTurn
07-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Thank you m3rma1d, I was so excited! After having only dropped 0.8Lb after a full week (yet the pants all fit much better) and not have the loss, then the next day getting on to see another 1.6Lbs gone was amazing! Still happy dancing and I am at work, lol

jendiet
07-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Thank you m3rma1d, I was so excited! After having only dropped 0.8Lb after a full week (yet the pants all fit much better) and not have the loss, then the next day getting on to see another 1.6Lbs gone was amazing! Still happy dancing and I am at work, lol

girl, i hear you on this! woot. for the 1.6 lbs

jitterfish
07-22-2011, 03:16 AM
Ah the scale, our best friend and worst enemy at times. Today I couldn't help but jump on the scale. 197. Haha. Guess I really did need that binge day! Looking at it, I wouldn't have gone over calories, just lots of refined sugar and fat.

So 197 would mean 90lbs less Jitter yeh. Man I can't wait for 187 now, 100lbs, wtf that is such a massive number. And it also means I'm finally in the 80s for any other metric ONEDERland border folk.

dogdaysofdiets
07-22-2011, 06:18 AM

Welcome ItsMyTurn! A HUGE congrats on your 1.6lb loss! Keep up the good work and you'll be there in no time!

isn't it funny? after two days of sleeping until 3 pm.one day of eating over 3000 calories, followed by a liquid fast....I finally drop the weight. I am going to keep that in mind.

Jen - YAY!!!! The scale is finally moving more consistently for you!! Congrats on your solid ONEderland footing. It must feel so good! It seems counterproductive, but I try to go off plan to varying degrees once a week to keep my metabolism guessing. My metabolism must be super sensitive to forming habits because when I started in May, I was fighting my body constantly. Now that I'm almost 2 months into my journey, I've found the once a week off plan time kick starts the scale movement. I don't pretend to understand it and obviously everyone is different, but it works for me so I won't complain.

Ah the scale, our best friend and worst enemy at times. Today I couldn't help but jump on the scale. 197. Haha. Guess I really did need that binge day! Looking at it, I wouldn't have gone over calories, just lots of refined sugar and fat.

So 197 would mean 90lbs less Jitter yeh. Man I can't wait for 187 now, 100lbs, wtf that is such a massive number. And it also means I'm finally in the 80s for any other metric ONEDERland border folk.

Jitter - WOW! 90 FREAKING pounds!!!! Your perseverance and commitment is an inspiration to me. Congratulations to you!! I can't wait to congratulate you in a few short weeks when you make it to 100! Keep up the good work and congrats on making a solid entrance into ONEderland! :)

dogdaysofdiets
07-22-2011, 06:32 AM
I had a checkup with my OBGYN yesterday to review my metformin prescription for my PCOS. I was looking forward to the appointment because I last saw him in May, about a week before I started my journey and I wanted to ask what my weigh in weight was because my old scale had been so funky I wasn't sure I could trust my 216 starting weight. My weight at his office was 217...and I think that's accurate because my weight on his digital scale yesterday was identical to what my home (new) scale gave me an hour before my appointment...192.3

So I decided to adjust my 3FC starting weight from 216 to 217. Back in May, adding a pound would have made me feel sad and defeated, but this morning my weight was 192 even, which means I've lost 25 pounds!!!!!!!! I haven't really been setting mini goals (other than ONEderland), but boy does 25 pounds feel like an amazing milestone. My shirts and pants are ridiculously loose, my wedding rings are swinging around my finger, and my flabby upper arms are getting noticeably smaller, LOL!

ItsMyTurn
07-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Wow jitter! Great!!!!!
Dogdays - that is super!!!!!
It's amazing how we get so frustrated over small numbers, yet when we stand back and see start of it all to now, the big numbers can really induce some joyous feelings!!!! I get frustrated week to week at small numbers...then look at the start weight to now and go "wow, I have actually done alright", lol. jitter with 90 dang pounds, wow!!! Dogdays with 25 Lbs... it's wonderful!!!!!! Congrats!

jendiet
07-22-2011, 12:20 PM
jitter, yah!! I wonder if our bodies sense we are about to drop and stick us in extra hungry mode.

dogdays--wow girl. that is freaking awesome. I love your description of yourself. I can't wait until the day I try to put on my fat clothes and they slide right off me.

my turn, girl I get frustrated over a .something. so I know what everyone is talking about.

well, the BOUNCE got me. 198.6 this morning. But I will weigh again before I end my fast...and see if it is different. since I usually weigh in that time. I had an indulgent night--not calories. but alcohol. it only takes one to get me drunk. pina colada. yummm. I ate way under what i normally do...and I am a little worried about my milk, but plan on drinking water today. even my eyes feel dry. lol.

ItsMyTurn
07-22-2011, 12:30 PM
jen - Even your eyes feel dry?!? That's epic! LOL! I have to say, think that is the first time I have heard that one in reference to dehydration, LOL. Keep us posted after your weigh in before you end your fast :)

MissSea
07-22-2011, 11:49 PM
So I survived a day at Legoland, but I tripped up and had an order of Granny's Apple Fries. Yes, they are exactly what they sound like. Battered, deep-fried apple sticks covered in cinnamon and sugar, complete with vanilla whipped cream for dipping.

And I'm on the Atkins Diet, for those of you just joining us. <SIGH>

I am throwing up my hands in supplication to the Diet Gods. Let this be a refeeding day. Let me step on the scale tomorrow morning and have it read 197, just like it did for jitter. I know 195 would be asking far too much.

;)

jitterfish
07-23-2011, 12:18 AM
I love this thread, we commiserate, we encourage, we congratulate.

I'm actually at a weight that I haven't been since I was a teenager. So even if for some reason I stopped right now, I'd be healthier than I've been my whole adult life. Not that I have any intention of stopping! Not sure if ultimate goal is possible, but I am definitely going to get into "over weight" bmi instead of obese. I'd love to be over weight -LOL-

MissS here is hoping the diet gods are in a good mood, and not the "lets play a joke on the poor fatties" kind of good mood -LOL- I actually got on the scales again today just to make sure! But I don't want to get obsessive with daily weighing so no more scales until Monday (which ok that is only missing one day... but yanno..).

LGW
07-23-2011, 12:26 AM
One day closer to joining this thread...
LGW

jendiet
07-23-2011, 01:43 AM
my turn, nope the scale didn't change. I accept.

Miss S, um them thingies sound so frigging good. Where can I get some? Don't answer that--it's the rum talking. I had another drink tonight. It's nice to get outside and sit with a friend and have a drink.

jitter, i am just so flipping proud of you. I would love to weigh what I weighed in highschool.

LGW, come one, come all. You aren't one day closer to joining--you can join today we will support you on your way into onderland. I named it ONDERLAND HOPEFULS. If you are hopeful of getting into onederland--then here you belong.

ok, i fasted today again, I end my fast with a mix of cucumbers and tomatoes and black olives in extravirgin italian dressing. Then I eat a protein/carb combo, THEN I eat some fun stuff. later on, i usually eat a full protein/starch/veggie DINNER. I didn't do that tonight. I ate some egg rolls which isn't too bad, and had another rum drink. because I don't eat after a certain time the drink was the last thing I ate. so I am kind of hungry still. but i'll live. I am trying not to focus on the fact that next time I eat is almost 17 hours away.

MissSea
07-23-2011, 03:23 AM
And just like that, it's proven: jen, you're my sister from another mister. Rum is my joy, my sorrow, my friend, my enemy. And it's criminal that it tastes so good. ;)

LGW, ditto jen's comments. Why wait? You're already here! :)

jitterfish
07-23-2011, 03:52 AM
Rum, man you girls can keep that stuff! -shudder- I'm a vodka or gin drinker myself.

dogdaysofdiets
07-23-2011, 07:56 AM
So I survived a day at Legoland, but I tripped up and had an order of Granny's Apple Fries. Yes, they are exactly what they sound like. Battered, deep-fried apple sticks covered in cinnamon and sugar, complete with vanilla whipped cream for dipping.

:hungry: Yum! You could fry just about anything, cover it in cinnamon & sugar and I'd be all about it, LOL! Yes, yes, perhaps it wasn't Adkins friendly, but one slip up won't hurt much. Besides Legoland is a big place, so you probably burned it all off by walking around, right?!?!

Not sure if ultimate goal is possible, but I am definitely going to get into "over weight" bmi instead of obese. I'd love to be over weight -LOL-

I hear you! I'm only 5 feet tall (not a hair under, not a hair over!), so I have a LONG way to go to get out of obese territory. And add to that, I don't think I'll ever be as small as the BMI chart says I should be for my height because I have a big bone structure (queue Eric Cartman: "I'm not fat, I'm big-boned"). My wrist bone measures 6.5" around, putting me WELL past large frame. Sigh.....

One day closer to joining this thread...
LGW

I'll second...or third...or fourth the others. MUST. JOIN. NOW. I'm no longer a hopeful, but I'm still hanging around and they haven't kicked me out yet. I enjoy following this thread. For now, I'm here until I can shame Jen into buying a new scale since she's truly 5lbs lighter than she realizes. :p

my turn, nope the scale didn't change. I accept. Sorry for no change, BUT, your fluctuations are still in ONEderland! You are definitely making progress. Plus your scale is mean and cranky and is just begging to be weighted down with bricks and dropped in the bottom of a deep ocean. :cool:

ItsMyTurn
07-23-2011, 09:22 AM
LGW, you are here, just join in :) They seem to be putting up with me :) LOL

Jen you are doing great! The scale didn't move for you and you sound like you need some distraction, but you are doing awesome and a total inspiration ;)

LOL @ the rum for Jen and MissS... that one had me cracking up! I am with jitter though, vodka girl here... and I can still put it in my cranberry juice to incorporate the juice my dr wants me to have, hehehehe

jitterfish
07-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeh LGW, afterall it says hopefuls :) You just have to want to be reaching ONEderland to join in the fun/insanity/commiseration of the thread :)

SOs can be such a pain in the butt when it comes to weight reduction. Not only did he buy chocolate yesterday (and no will power), he was drinking so this morning when I said I was going to go the gym he was all but I'm hung over and can't deal with the kids. Ah well, hopefully I'll feel like gymming later. Or at least going out for a run.

jendiet
07-25-2011, 02:38 AM
hey girls, I just turned a paper in by the skin of my teeth---again. must be the vodka from yesterday--hehehehe. I thought I would add , we had those mini cups with the jello things--she put vodka in there this time. I got a tiny buzz. relaxed the heck out of me again.

baby has a stomach bug. I actually got shat on yesterday. it was liquidy and green and oh sooooo LIQUIDY. he has been sooooo, soooo, soooo, fussy. several times I have thought about running away in the car to some place non baby screamy.

today, the scale was better. 197.8. but oh man, my stomach actually LIFTED up off of my scar area...it used to hang down onto it...joyous of all joys. I can't tell you how suprised I was. I saw that I lost another 2 inches off my flabby belly. but that makes me happiest of all...my stomach no longer points at the ground...

I love that my friend and I walk every night. I am REALLY looking forward to it everyday...but I've gotten to the point, where just a walk IS NOT ENOUGH. i have to have some kind of push now. Pretty soon I will be jogging on the rebounder again, I need to remind myself to take my resting heart rate, so I know when it's time to upgrade or fall back on the cardio. i have also been doing supermans, and windmills, and push ups and tricep dips. the kitchen table makes a great push up surface to do modifieds on.

jitter, how about my SO tried to feed me during my fasting time. evil. Mine also gets me chocolate and ice cream. mine was also hung over yesterday.

my turn, i distracted myself from the scale with the tape measurer. i am used to scales being evil. I've had this one for soooooo LONG.

dogdays, don't I wish! If I were truly 5 lbs lighter, i'd fall over in contentment. Because that would give me a much larger buffer from Twoderland.

jitterfish
07-25-2011, 04:16 AM
Well I didn't make it to the gym, and to be honest exercise is taking a back seat for the next four weeks.

I am going in to semi-maintenance mode, and need ya'll to help me stay accountable! As long as I don't gain, I'm focussing on the diet and not worrying about getting my work outs in. Why you might ask, well work is crazy insane right now. Plus with my lil ones and it being winter finding time to work out is so hard. Mornings are a no go and by the time work is done I'm too exhausted. I figure four weeks and I'm on break again and I can revamp during my two week break, plus we'll be hitting spring and it will be warmer and light in the mornings.

89.5kg again today, stoked at that as it is a post-weekend weight which is usually higher than pre-weekend. I am not weighing again until Friday, but will report in!

shadowmom74
07-25-2011, 09:45 AM
I want to join!!! I've been reading the board for about a week, so I'll catch you up on me. I'm almost 37, two girls, almost 9 and almost 4 (our birthdays are all in September!) married to a wonderful guy.

I've been overweight most of my adult life starting in college (even though I thought I was fat in high school, I wasn't!). I started my journey April 25 at 244 and 12 weeks later I'm at 208. I'm looking forward to onederland with great anticipation!!

As far as my diet goes, I've just been monitoring my calorie intake and drinking water. I'd like to say it's getting easier after 12 weeks, but there are always temptations!!! I do weigh daily to keep track of my weight trend. It can be challenging seeing the number fluctuate, but seeing the trend go down even after a setback, that's pretty encouraging. And I feel if I'm more accountable to myself by weighing daily, not tempted to cheat as much!!

Anyway, that's me! Better get back to work...

Shelly

m3rma1d
07-25-2011, 10:56 AM
218.2 today for my public weekly weigh in on facebook!

I'm feeling like my Sept 13th goal of ONEderland might actually happen! Still got a ways to go, tho...

ItsMyTurn
07-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Welcome ShadowMom... good to have you! Sounds like you have already made progress! Great job m3rma1d!

jendiet
07-25-2011, 03:28 PM
well, ladies, I am still 197.8. It is nice that I am staying around there. I hope to see a new low. I think the 195.8 was just a fluke cuz i drank all liquids. nice to see though. I am happy to say i lost a back fat roll! it was the one on my lower back. I have lost inches pretty much everywhere...but you can see my back smoothing out.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/WEIGHTLOSS2011010.jpghttp://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/WEIGHTLOSS2011-2009.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/WEIGHTLOSS2011004.jpghttp://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/WEIGHTLOSS2011-2008.jpg

m3--wow. you go girl.
shadowmom, we are glad to have you, your weight loss is IMPRESSIVE.

jitter, i don't necessarily think you will be in maintenance--you are still watching your calories? So you should still lose. it is 80% diet.

jendiet
07-26-2011, 01:04 AM
ok, where are you ladies. I had a hard time not overeating today. probably frustration. the baby screamed all day. And I got wayyyy to hungry.

dogdaysofdiets
07-26-2011, 07:43 AM
Welcome Shadowmom! Amazing weight loss so far - keep up the good work!

Sorry to hear about your sick one Jen. Hope things are improving in that department. Great pics - Congrats on ditching the roll. You definitely carry your weight far better than I do. I'm only a couple inches shorter and the same weight but I have plenty of stubborn rolls. Sorry you had a rough food day yesterday. Hang in there and remember that today is a new day to start fresh.

Jitter...I agree with Jen. Just counting calories will keep you in the game. As my personal trainer friend always says, the biggest weight loss will come to those who hold themselves accountable for the food they take in. If you can adjust down your calories by the amount you typically burn off during your workout, you should see similar results until you start your workout routine again.

Mermaid - great job on your loss!! You're moving and grooving!!

jendiet
07-26-2011, 12:13 PM
dog days, 4 inches makes a huge difference in ANY body.

Well, i have a dr. appt today. I am sure I will find out if my scale is on the fritz or not.

i have a headache today. it was there yesterday, and it won't go away...sigh.

ItsMyTurn
07-26-2011, 12:45 PM
jen - great job on the loss of a roll! I have found it extremely exciting to see the reshaping process! It's amazing what we get used to seeing on ourselves after awhile (not liking it, just get accustomed to it), then see it smoothing out! Sorry to hear of your battle with binging though. Sometimes that can be a real obstacle. Were you able to overcome? I always have to immediately find something else to occupy my mind when that urge hits me. I hope your headache goes on a real long vacation and leaves you alone

I wasn't able to get my full 45 mins of elliptical work last night :( By the time I met with son's case manager after work, and then ran the errands that had to be done, I had been away from the house over 13 hours and was just beat. I did push myself (yes, a real live pep talk out loud, lol) to go 30 mins, but that last 15 were just not going to happen. The good news is: today is a new day... fresh start. I BELIEVE the only thing I have after work today is giving my son his testosterone injection, but that is only like 10 mins, so should be back to my 11 1/2 hr day! It is sooo much easier to fit in a workout when I have less outside obligations, and then I actually enjoy them instead of feeling like they are a chore too - gets out the stress from the day :)

Hope everyone else is having a good day!!!

m3rma1d
07-26-2011, 03:38 PM
I can't wait to lose a roll! I haven't noticed any body changes yet..

ItsMyTurn
07-26-2011, 04:45 PM
m3rma1d - From the amount of weight you have lost and you haven't seen changes? What about how clothes fit? If they get more loose in an area, then check that out in a mirror and I bet you see the difference :) Then again, sometimes we are so critical of ourselves that we can't see the improvements, but soon they will be such obvious changes that you can't help but notice them!!!!! I will be so excited for you when you do!!!!

jendiet
07-27-2011, 02:30 AM
my turn, you go girl! you still did 30 min WITH ALL THAT OTHER STUFF. That is what we all are driving for. persistence in our routines so that we can see results.

m3-girl, i bet you are not noticing the difference. did you take pics?

well, walked the 3 miles, but i got an updated rebounder. CAN'T wait to get my friend on it with me. I'm going to test out the program with my son tomorrow.

doc said I had plantar fasciitis. I am also going to a specialist about my bothersome ear.

on a different note: i had an off day. I didn't break my fast until my usual time, but i had no plans for dinner, and my day was so hectic. After I made tuna salad...i drank a wee bit of vodka, and it didn't agree with me...so I upchucked. Then I was frustrated and hungry. because that wasn't in the plan...so I ate some chicken ramen out of my eating window. the ramen was so hot and good it settled my tummy though.

jitterfish
07-27-2011, 03:03 AM
Thanks as always for support everyone. Not much post from me, just a hello so that ya'll know that I'm ticking along. My sis just had a baby (India Rose, 8lb 12oz) so I'm looking after my niece. Means I've got a 3yr old, a 2.5yr old and an 8mos old right now... running round after them should help me keep on track -LOL-

And welcome ShadowMom! The more the merrier, I look forward to getting to know ya'll more when I have more time (haha)

m3rma1d
07-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Here's one at 235 lbs June 17th in my workout clothes (on the trail I walk):

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/263842_2111484712588_1409733153_2543121_4222188_n. jpg

And here's one at 220 from last weekend in my bathing suit:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/224539_2249433841230_1409733153_2692318_1233034_n. jpg

Hard to tell if there's a change since I'm positioned differently.

ItsMyTurn
07-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Jenn - The ramen settling the belly was a little more important than staying in your plan at that time. There are circumstances that none of us can avoid ;) Glad it worked though and hope you feel better. Today is a new day!

jitter - Wow, 3 kids all 3 & under is a handfull! If that doesn't keep you hopping, nothing will, LOL!

m3rma1d - I see a difference! Your neck and upper abs show it :) Way to go!!

So was able to get back on track with my workout yesterday after work, which honestly makes me feel soooo much better. I truly just work-out the stress of the day when I do them and it helps relax me! Today was my designated weigh in day, and 3Lbs gone in a week! 1.4 down from my cheating mid-week weigh in I did, LOL. I just couldn't help myself. My DH says he is going to hide the scale on me so I stop getting on it before my Wednesday time, LOL!

jendiet
07-27-2011, 04:07 PM
jitter, i don't envy you honey.

m3- I see the change in your calves and your arms. you have a cute figure very proportional.

my turn, i know what you mean about NEEDING the workout.

well, woke up to a new low, which i didn't suspect since the ramen I ate about 1 am...and it was loaded with salt. 196.8 the scale reported.

ItsMyTurn
07-27-2011, 04:17 PM
jen - Hurray for the new low! Even with the sodium, you rocked it down! :) Hope the belly is better today?

jitterfish
07-28-2011, 04:18 AM
Mermaid, how many tats you got?

m3rma1d
07-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Mermaid, how many tats you got?

11 and I HATE THEM ALL! I was young and dumb and thought I knew everything.
Now I just wish I was rich so I could get them lasered off.
I wear long sleeves and pants as much as possible, seriously.

MissSea
07-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Sorry I've been so incommunicado the last few days. DD's second birthday looms, so I'm working as much as possible to pay for the party and b-day gifts. Not sure if I've mentioned this, but she's in some therapy for speech and low muscle tone, so we're trying to get her a jungle gym-type contraption for the backyard. She ADORES being outside (much to mom's chagrin -- I'd rather stay inside and read!), so at least having something to climb on would be an improvement to the vast emptiness of the backyard.

On another note, the board has been alarming -- strange cases of incredible shrinking people! All this weight loss has to be going to our heads, yes? ;) But congrats all around! I stepped (rather nervously) on the scale, and it said 194.6, but I'm convinced it's a fluke. I think I'm through the water weight loss phase and into serious weight loss, but I'm waiting. Maybe if I dip below 190, I'll be convinced it's for real. :P

Boo, hiss, m3rma1d! You show those puppies off proudly! At least you get to see yours -- I got my "tramp stamp" long before I knew what that word meant. And I'm old enough to know better than to succumb to the low-rise jean epidemic, thankfully. Now my tat lies in wait, lurking to surprise the **** out of unsuspecting passers-by. Or unsuspecting anesthesiologists, as mine said, "Holy crap, there're eyes on your back!" ;) And belated congrats on the 217 -- your goal is right within reach. Woohoo! :D

jendiet
07-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Miss Sea, lol tramp stamp! yay for the new low for you too. It is exciting!

M3-i am sorry you regret your decision. I wish i could tell lots of younger people not to do that very thing because of their regret, plus if you get them in inconvenient places--like your arms, some jobs make you cover them up forever.I hope you can get some money to get the ones you really disliked removed. you are doing so well with your weight loss!

jitter "My sis just had a baby (India Rose, 8lb 12oz) so I'm looking after my niece" congratulations on a wonderful and very prettily named addition to your family!

ok, so I ate tons of food last night before bed, cuz i didn't get much eating done in my eating window..and low and behold 195.2 this morning. NEW LOW. even lower than that flukey 195.8. Hooray. My friend and I also ran on the rebounder for about 24 minutes last night and it was fun. I hope she wants to continue doing it. It does feel wierd at first, we run with the wii people, and my son has cute miis running around too.

m3rma1d
07-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Boo, hiss, m3rma1d! You show those puppies off proudly!

No.
I really, REALLY hate being tattooed.
Like more than I can even put into words.

And belated congrats on the 217 -- your goal is right within reach. Woohoo! :D

Thanks! :D

m3rma1d
07-28-2011, 05:28 PM
M3-i am sorry you regret your decision. I wish i could tell lots of younger people not to do that very thing because of their regret, plus if you get them in inconvenient places--like your arms, some jobs make you cover them up forever.I hope you can get some money to get the ones you really disliked removed. you are doing so well with your weight loss!

So true.. I think you should have to be like 30, not 18, to get tattoos.
And thanks! :)

dogdaysofdiets
07-28-2011, 06:54 PM
MissSea...glad to see an update. Congrats on the loss!! Our group is definitely shrinking in all the right places, LOL!

Jen...another HUGE congrats on your continuing decline and your new low this morning. I'm so happy that your hard work is showing up generously on the scale for you.

Mermaid...sorry you don't like your tattoos. We all thought we knew everything at age 18, didn't we?! I hope you're able to achieve your dream of having them removed someday.

ItsMyTurn...congrats on the 3 pound loss and getting back on track with your workout!

Jitter...congrats on your new niece. LOVE the name. Beautiful!! Enjoy her!

dogdaysofdiets
07-28-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm still stuck at 191. Scale has been refusing to budge since Monday. Oh well...I was due for a pause after having a steady decline for nearly 3 weeks in July. I knew it was a matter of time, but I won't pretend that I'm happy about it. :headache:

I'll just keep at it and it WILL start to move again. <<sigh>>

m3rma1d
07-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Hang in there, dogdays! It'll prolly surprise you with a big WHOOSH once it finally budges!

dogdaysofdiets
07-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Thanks Mermaid...that's what I keep telling myself. My body can retain water better than the Hoover Dam, so I'm pretty sure it's going through a mean retention phase. I've been peeing more today (TMI, sorry!) so I'm hoping tomorrow morning will yield favorable scale results. :D

jitterfish
07-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Ok well like I said I'm in maintenance for a few weeks but here to stay accountable :) So pre-weekend weigh in I'm still sitting steady at 197 so pretty stoked.

Mermaid a shame you feel that way about your tats, how much does lasering cost? I've got one and am waiting until later this year to get my next one :) But I am 32 so I really do know my mind so no regrets (plus mine is on my ankle so no fat issue!). I want five in total and wish I had the disposable income to be able to do them all.

jendiet
07-29-2011, 12:29 AM
ok, my stomach is torn up tonight! I have been having all kinds of issues. I am passing gas more than the baby, and my tummy is cramping badllllly. If that isn't the stupid virus, i don't know what it is. My friend and I did a mile of jogging on the rebounder in 16 minutes. not easy. but we got through it...so we are stoked for the next round. she is getting the hang of it.

dogdays remember the area in your cells where fat once was will swell up with water, and you won't see the loss, until that water is let go, then you will lose the lbs and you will shrink! so can't wait for your whoosh.

jitter, interesting that you want more tatoos, I appreciate art, but am totally for the temporary tatoos so that you can get it out of your system without permanent results. yay on maintaining but i still think since you watch your food, you will continue to see a drop.

m3, i bet some of those tatoos will be so cute on the slimmer you. but, i understand you wanting to get rid of them. Just don't hate your body. I'm sure the tatoos accentuate your beauty.

m3rma1d
07-29-2011, 10:36 AM
m3, i bet some of those tatoos will be so cute on the slimmer you. but, i understand you wanting to get rid of them. Just don't hate your body. I'm sure the tatoos accentuate your beauty.

Actually, I have been super skinny with all these tats (I was down to 140 at one point) and that's when my hatred of them began... I was like "WHAT DID I DO!?".. I got them when I was fat, then lost weight, and saw them as scribbles all over a perfect body.

jendiet
07-29-2011, 03:55 PM
m3, aww, I can understand that. I wonder if it wasn't a reminder of how big you once were. Don't hate your body though. 140 is really skinny for your height! i don't know anything about this, so hope it doesn't offend, but did the tats shrink with you?

well, today, I have to work on my project...and I am going to try to pump while i do it.

I came in at 195.2 again today. shocker really. However, i'm really stoked i get to move my ticker again, since it has been 7 days.

ItsMyTurn
07-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Wow, all kinds to catch up on!

m3 - I am so sorry you feel that way about your tats. I have one that was done years ago when I was in early 20's, but lost the color (long story, but totally my fault) which has made it hard to make out for design now. I would like to get that one built onto and then I want one more... but I am in later 30's and have wanted this the whole time so know it's not a passing phase :) I am hoping you can someday afford to get those taken care of, but as jen says, don't let it hate your body, cause you really are a beauty!

jen - I am hoping your stomach is better today! That is a lousy feeling when your insides don't cooperate with what you want to do, but kickin' job on the rebounder!

jitter - what do you want your next tat to be? I imagine if you are like me, you already have a design waiting to go :) Would love to hear about it!

dogdays - I am sure the scale will be nice to you again real soon. I sometimes think our bodies don't lose as an effort to test our perseverance, LOL. Fortunately I think those of us on here will always beat the scale and show it we are in it for the long haul ;)

I think I covered everyone :) On the plus side... I have noticed my face is narrowing a bit and isn't the round ball it started at, so actually got in front of the camera without yelling at anyone, so my avatar is now me :) It is real nice to be able to "see" a difference, cause it's almost like I don't see that when I look in the mirror... almost like my eyes are now trained to see that extra weight even when it starts to go a bit. Weird. Time to retrain the eyes to, I suppose, lol. Have a great Saturday!!!! I am going biking with my oldest daughter today... a good way to mix up the cardio a bit!

jendiet
07-30-2011, 12:42 PM
darn bounce. 196.6 today. ah well. didn't get much sleep. I think that stalls weight loss too. talk more later.

m3rma1d
07-30-2011, 12:47 PM
216.0 today WHOOHOO! That's 24lbs down since June 13th.
Can't wait until my "official" weigh in on Monday to see what it says then!

ItsMyTurn
07-30-2011, 07:18 PM
jen - I totally believe that! Since I have been on the Melatonin, I have been sleeping better and it lessens the stress of day to day, so maybe has helped with the pounds lost?

M3- Great job!!!! How awesome is that ?!? You look back and those tiny steps end up being something really wonderful when you add them all up! That's a huge loss!

jendiet
07-31-2011, 02:27 AM
yay M3. wow. I wish I could claim that.

myturn, yah, I finally fell asleep--needed a nap terribly. here I am up at 2 am again. I broke my way of eating today (IF) because if I ate that way today, I would have starved, when I really needed to eat. I am going to be off plan again tomorrow.

it's ok to shake it up every now and again though. I hope I stay sensible.

jitterfish
07-31-2011, 04:20 AM
ItsMyTurn: Well the tat I have now is a willow tree (right ankle) and I want to get an imp holding an oak leaf and acorn (left ankle) - because my kids names are Willow and Oakley. Then I want to get a butterfly with my highest weight and final weight when I stablise to represent the metamorphosis I've gone through (left wrist). Four and fifth tat show my science geekness -L- I want a DNA fingerprint of DH, me and the kids showing how we are a family (right wrist), and lastly I want a double helix (spine, not sure exactly where).

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend. I've realised I am sliding, maintenance is working but Jen you are right if I watch my calories I should still be able to lose. So refocus dammit.

This weeks goal: stay on calorie budget and lose at least 1lb for Friday pre-weekend weigh in (so be in 196/195 territory).

ItsMyTurn
07-31-2011, 10:05 AM
jen - so sorry to hear you were up at 2am! So wish I could send you the ability to sleep restfully. Sounds like you are out to confuse your system though, so when you lose, it will be with a whoosh I bet, :)

jitter - those sound cool! Clever play on the names of your kids too! You are obviously a creative soul yourself!
I am sure you can refocus yourself and lose that pound you want gone. I look at your starting point to where you are now and just sit in awe. That is so wonderful!!!!

Well my plan today is to go get my worship on, then come home and hit elliptical. I would love to bike again, but by then it's too late in the day so the heat is wayyyy too high for my bad lungs to handle. Better for me to tackle the cardio in the a/c at that point. Spend some time with the family and hopefully in bed early tonight. Let's see how all that works out for me, LOL.

my2cats
07-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Whew.. 207 this morning! I was pretty excited as that's 4 pounds in a week (although the week before I didn't lose any.. so I like to think of it as 'catching up'.) :D

I'm getting excited about Onederland now! It's my next minigoal!

m3rma1d
07-31-2011, 03:15 PM
AWESOME my2cats, you are SO CLOSE!!

MissSea
07-31-2011, 07:39 PM
The diet gods giveth, and the diet gods taketh away (or maybe that should be reversed?). I bounced back to 199 from 194. I'm going to resist adjusting the ticker just yet. I had my daughter's second birthday party yesterday -- I'm a little cray-cray from the event. I must say, I managed to eat only some icing and THREW AWAY THE QUARTER SHEET OF CAKE WE HAD LEFT!! I am so friggin' proud of myself. Cake is truly my Waterloo.

Congrats to cats! my2, that is. Like m3rma1d said, you are so close -- hang in there!

To the divine Miss m3: Did you ever think about inking some violets to cover the tats? Clearly, botany is not a passing fancy -- and the lovely shape of the violet is pretty amenable to covering. Plus, it would look like you're being "consumed" by your passion! One tat? A conversation starter. Multiple tats springing up all over your body? A statement. ;)

Sorry to hear about the stomach buggy, jen -- but to invoke my fav movie quote for the second time in this thread: "I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight!" :D

And jitter is right: refocus and resume! My week goal is to try to start squeezing in some more exercise. If anything, some cardio is good for my heart. My 2-year-old daughter goes to physical therapy twice a week; I can get my saggy butt up and shake it! :)

jendiet
08-01-2011, 01:26 AM
no weigh in and off plan for 2 days. we'll see what happens tomorrow. I am still dealing with this stomach thingy. I didn't sleep last night worth a poop. Went to bed at 4 am and woke up at 5 am tasting the green and red peppers from something I ate, which then led me to vomiting at 5:30am. Fell asleep at 6 am...got up and nursed the baby half dead--don't even recall getting him out of the bassinett, then fell back asleep until 10 am, and reluctantly dragged my butt out of bed.

ended up eating very little breakfast, because my stomach just wasn't happy, plus i don't usually eat breakfast on IF. Next, came lunch. I ate very little again. Then the time I usually eat rolled around--and so DID HUNGER. I still ate very little again.

I will be surprised if I lost weight, cuz when I start starving, my weight does not budge. my milk supply went wayyy down. I need to do something to get it back up again. but good news, is I did pump ahead of time, and got my little angel to take a bottle..he was pitching fits about it before.

I am really craving a coconut cream pie milkshake dream from Sonic, but am saving the splurge for some Chinese Food for tomorrow's dinner. yeah, i know. CF when getting over a stomach bug??? the heart (or belly) wants what it wants. All I know is I am hungry, and by golly [scarlet's voice] "I will NEVER be hungry again!" I am going to stuff myself to the brim with chinese goodness of veggies, and chicken, and beef. I don't really like the fried stuff or lo mein but go nuts on the green beans, california rolls, and the different meat dishes they have. I am also going to have some tiramisu.

m3rma1d
08-01-2011, 11:45 AM
214.2 today w00t w00t!

ItsMyTurn
08-01-2011, 04:23 PM
My2cats - That is super! What a great weight loss and it brought you within skimming distance to ONEderland!

MissSea - Congrats on throwing out the rest of the cake! No matter what the scale says, to be able to throw out temptation (a yummy one), that's huge! :) And, I will say, there is always room for cardio ;)

jen - So sorry to hear that your stomach is still giving you issues. I sure do hope it pulls around for you so you can regain some normalcy with how you feel... extremely important while you are nursing. I am glad to hear your lil one took the bottle without too much fuss though. Enjoy the CF!

m3 - Way to go!!! You are doing so great!

jendiet
08-01-2011, 04:33 PM
i actually feel better today, i still managed to do IF, but NOW i am starving!

197.6 today. I figured I wouldn't see any weight loss as long as I am this hungry.

ItsMyTurn
08-01-2011, 04:41 PM
jen - I am so glad to hear you are feeling a bit better! I wouldn't let the scale bother you today... until you are able to curb your hunger and convince your body you aren't starving it so it holds onto the fat for fuel, it won't budge much. I do hope you are able to get back on track though... more for your baby and yourself then for the scale...the scale will come

dogdaysofdiets
08-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Jen - sorry to hear about your tummy bug. Hope you're on the mend. I'm the absolute opposite...when I DON'T feel hunger pangs shortly before I break my fast, I know I'm going to retain. And I do. When I feel hungry before my fast ends, I lose. Go figure...my body is SO backwards. I hope you're able to figure out your milk supply situation soon.

M3 - 214.2?!?! You ROCK!! You are making fabulous progress!! Keep up the good work!

ItsMy - I hear you on the A/C workouts. I have asthma and the heat bothers my lungs. Makes it hard to breath deeply. I'm an elliptical in my A/C'd house kind of gal, LOL!

My2cats - you're soooo close!!!!! You will be there before you know it - keep it up!

MissSea - Happy birthday to your DD! I hope she enjoyed her party. :) I'm very proud of you for tossing the rest of the cake. I wish I could say I would have had the diet dedication to do so...:o Cake is a HUGE weakness. Like SUPER huge. Good luck with your exercise goals this week!

Well, I haven't had a big "whoosh" yet, but I finally started moving in the right direction on Saturday after stomping, yelling, and threatening the scale on Friday morning when I weighed EXACTLY the same thing I weighed before going to bed the night before. (I need to be less obsessed with the stupid scale, I know...but sometimes I like to weigh myself at night just to see how much I fluctuate during the day, but I always always always weigh at least a pound less in the AM.) So after I finished throwing my temper tantrum, I decided to have an off plan meal with my family that night. I didn't go crazy and I was still well under the 40% calorie/carb ratio, but I didn't hold back on dinner, let's just put it that way. Low and behold the scale started moving again for me Saturday morning and steadily down since. My body is so screwed up that I could never offer people diet advice because no one could possibly replicate my plan and find any success. Just glad my body decided to shed the water retention finally....

jendiet
08-01-2011, 11:56 PM
dogdays, you are doing so well, don't let the scale frustrate you.

myturn, did you get your worship on? were you able to exercise in the a/c. Why are your lungs bad?

m3 you are rocking the weight loss.

afm: so frustrated. I had a BAD DAY. not sleeping for 8 hours at a time straight is wearing me down, and I got bad news from my school about my finances. All I wanted to do was go out to eat and enjoy myself with my loved ones. We went to a chinese restaurant. We are broke, so eating out is a REAL luxury. Well, the FOOD WAS HORRIBLE to say the least. Usually they get the egg drop soup--at least--right. It was DISGUSTING. I was so terribly disappointed. I didn't eat much. I also had to give the baby a bottle while everyone else was eating...that was fun. So upset about it, that all I can think about is going to a better restaurant and having a nice meal.

I didnt exercise today, because I am too worn OUT from the day, and the fussy baby. I feel like a failure, because he is so fussy. I MUST be doing something wrong.

TransformingMyself
08-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Hi everyone :)

I weigh 224.8, I have 25 lbs to go! Congrats to all that made it to Onederland and to all that are working towards it! :)

I can't wait to see Onederland!

Jacqui

shadowmom74
08-02-2011, 09:24 AM
I didnt exercise today, because I am too worn OUT from the day, and the fussy baby. I feel like a failure, because he is so fussy. I MUST be doing something wrong.

Jen, sometimes babies are just fussy, has nothing to do with you! Have ya'll tried mylicon drops? They were about the only thing to help my oldest, she would scream and cry and we'd give her some or put it in a bottle of milk and she would burp and calm down... of course, looking back, it figures she was a fussy baby, she's a fussy child.

Anyway, I have hit my most recent goal today... 204! That's 40 lbs gone away.......

Next up is 199!

Love to all, and best wishes, too!!

dogdaysofdiets
08-02-2011, 09:56 AM
ShadowMom - congratulations on 40 pounds!!!!! That's a crazy big accomplishment! And now you're a mere 5 pounds away from your next goal. You must be riding high today. Good for you!!

TransformingMyself - Welcome!! So glad you joined us. What is your weight loss method?

Jen - Thanks for your encouragement. My goal this week is to not obsess over the scale. No more temper tantrums. I'm sorry to hear about your challenging day yesterday and your disappointing meal. Sorry to hear about school. :( As for your baby...no it's definitely not you. My oldest DD was a ridiculously easy baby. Only cried for food or sleep. So when DD #2 came along almost 4 years later, it was a total SHOCK when she turned out cranky and crazy fussy. I swear she'd cry just to cry. It was very taxing on my patience and I felt like a first time mom all over again. My friend has a fussy baby and she swears by the book Happiest Baby on the Block. Apparently there are YouTube videos of the techniques posted, so maybe you could Google those. Babies aren't easy, but they're so worth it when you get a big toothless spontaneous grin. Hang in there.

m3rma1d
08-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi everyone :)

I weigh 224.8, I have 25 lbs to go! Congrats to all that made it to Onederland and to all that are working towards it! :)

I can't wait to see Onederland!

Jacqui

YAY!!

dogdaysofdiets
08-02-2011, 10:21 AM
So I'm a communicator by nature. I tend to lay my cards on the table and not beat around the bush. With that said...I'm conflicted about my continued participation in this thread. I'm fairly new to 3FC and this is the only thread I've consistently participated in because I enjoy the support and look forward to everyone's updates.

I paged through the 180s thread and it's not very active. Admittedly, I stay here because it's comfortable and I like the level of participation that goes on in this thread. But I don't want to overstay my welcome and annoy folks.

For 3FC veterans, how long do ONEderland graduates stick around their ONEderland threads? Is it unrealistic for me to hang here until others move to the 180s? Please respond honestly. I have thick skin and won't be offended.

m3rma1d
08-02-2011, 01:12 PM
My friend just snapped this pid of me... I still don't think I look any smaller :(
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/267306_2269223535960_1409733153_2722455_4990436_n. jpg

ItsMyTurn
08-02-2011, 01:14 PM
dogdays - way to go on the scale moving again! Even if people can't replicate your methods, they certainly work for you! :) On a side note: I know I am not a "veteran", but my opinion is that you should post where you feel comfortable, and I LOVE having your input on here! Just sayin'

jen - I definitely got my worship on Sunday! :D I have been doing great at my exercise, staying strong at 6 days/wk!!!! Super proud, even when "obstacles" have happened, I made sure I worked up a sweat. As for my lungs: I have juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and I have, in the last 6 or so years, begun growing nodules on my lungs in flare times. So when it is super active, I get the nodules (the most detected on CT scan at one time has been 6 on one lung so far), then they shrink again...all this has caused me to have restricted airway disease. It makes it tough to breathe in humidity or extreme heat (or extreme cold, but don't have to deal with that anymore)... so if I exercise inside with a/c it's much better... no inhaler usually needed :D YAY! As for your fussy baby, rest assured it isn't you. Babies are all different, and I ended up with one fussy baby out of the 3... not a bad ratio, but didn't make it easier to handle at the time. I started pumping enough to give her 2 bottles a day besides the nursing, so I could add a hint of rice to the bottle (per her dr since she was below normal age).... after the first week she improved. Doctor thinks her belly was upset and she had no way to tell me...thinks that helped to settle things down for her :D But... it took over 3 months to figure it out

Jacqui - You are almost there! Great job!!!

Shadow - awesome loss!!!!! Isn't it the best feeling to accomplish those goals?!?

As for me - my total gym came while I was at work yesterday!!!! Super yay! It was ahead of schedule! When I got home, I set it up and started right in... so officially have added strength training to my routine now...and aren't my long lost muscles screaming at me today?!? LOL! Then today, my DH dropped me off at work and the car broke down on him while he was headed home.... oy! I figure it balances out - one great thing happened by getting the gym, so one horrible thing happened with the car and me being stranded. Fortunately two of my coworkers have offered to take me home (and it is WAY out of the way for both... they are the best!). Thank you all for the good luck wishes for DD's surgery... it's happening Thursday and I am soooo nervous for her. It will be absolutely wonderful if it works for her though! Tomorrow is weigh in for me... let's hope the stress additions have not decided to make the scale cuss at me, LOL! Have a super day!!!!! ~Star~

TransformingMyself
08-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the warm welcoming. :)

I have been working out (weights/cardio) 6 days a week. I am not following any particular food plan. I just eat whole foods. I make everything homemade. I stay away from processed food/sugar/sodium/starchy carbs. Last week, I lost 4.4 lbs. I am hoping to see another GREAT week. LOL

m3rma1d, I think you look GREAT! Congrats on your weightloss. You are doing awesome! I would love to have your waist/tummy. :)

ItsMyTurn, Sorry to hear that about your car. That was very nice of your coworkers. Hope you have a good weigh in tomorrow, and your daughters surgery goes well.

jendiet
08-02-2011, 03:41 PM
DogDays, I am thinking of renaming the thread--well starting a new one.

"Onederland and beyond. We've been there and we're moving forward. Come Join us."

I think it is good to welcome people that have a goal of onederland and assuring them they too can move past it and keep going.

Let me know what you ladies think.

myturn, I am curious about your daughter's surgery. I think I missed that. Also, awesome on working out despite your lung condition.

Shadow, great job.

Jacqui nice to have you honey.

Well, my 12 year old was also a fussy baby, turned into a great toddler, then into an evil preschooler. I have been so spoiled with him in the recent years. Parenting a strong willed child the correct way REALLY does pay off. But it's like i'm starting all over again, I forgot all the baby stuff. I do think he has tummy aches. So, I give him gas drops.

well, scale is NOT moving. 197.6 today. I am a little more patient this time, because I did see results from my hard work.

m3, you are just losing weight so evenly--it is hard to see in a pic...make sure you take measurements, I bet you will see your hard work there!

ItsMyTurn
08-02-2011, 06:16 PM
m3 - you look great! So proportionate that I am sure that's why you don't personally see it

Jacqui - Thank you :) We will figure out the car (and fast), lol...and all the well wishes for my DD are so appreciated

Jen - Shoot Jen, I totally missed that question! Here is the jist - Amber has severe polyarticular juvenile rheumatoid arthritis which effects all but 2 joints in her body. Her right knee though, also has bigger issues. She is only 15, but also has osteo-arthritis and osteo- necrosis (dead bone growth) in that knee. We have tried all the biologics, all the NSAIDS, all the steroids...also tried an experimental IV infusion treatment without any help to her. She can't have knee replacement due to the super active OA and RA... so our last option to hopefully get her to pain levels that are minimal is to open up the knee and attempt scraping the amount of dead bone that they can safely. They won't know til they are in, cause they may need some of it left in as placement guages... but she has no gel packs, anything left in that knee and it's debilitating to her... which is why we do bike rides... the only thing she is able to do where she has some normalcy. That's why this surgery is so huge for her. Hard to believe that this is the same girl, that just 4 yrs ago was being scouted by track coaches for her speed and agility running... but she is also better than she was at her worst...when she ended up in a wheelchair. Now she can move with help of a brace and a ton of pain meds... but it's slow and still causes her much pain..and all I want is for that pain to subside for her. Sorry... I am long-winded by nature...but when talking about my kiddos... it's way worse, LOL