WW Clubs and Groups - #257 Bale of Turtles Facing the Summer!

Itryharder
06-14-2011, 03:13 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtles Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

terrod99
06-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Yeah Summer Here we come!!!!

I always get antsy! Think summer is going to pass me by, and I will have not enjoyed it!!!! So lets think of all the summer things that are going to help us.

1. Lots of fresh local veggies and fruits!!! Yum
2. Water-- it is hot so we drink more.
3. The weather is great so we get outside more. swim, walking...
4. The daylight is longer peoples moods are improved Yeah!!! to sunshine.

I am sure there are more ways this wonderful season can motivate us!!! Lets enjoy.....

Thinking Thin for summer!

Terri

Princess1122
06-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Good morning everyone! Happy Wednesday to you all! Rainy day here but according to the weather man we need it ?!?! Not sure how they are figuring that but ok, I will take his word for it.

I was online yesterday playing around and it looks like our library has the availability to down load books to an E-reader and you can borrow them that way... yah. So I am in the process of getting that set up... I love my Nook, it is so light weight and portable so it will be nice to be able to borrow books from the library to put on there for the summer.

Went to walking group last night, took the dog and my D-DIL and Grandbaby joined us which was a wonderful thing since no one showed up again... thinking I am going to cancel it moving forward so that DIL and I can do other things at the gym, etc.

Most of the kids are coming over for supper tonight, was thinking about doing burgers on the grill but with the rain that might not work... need to come up with as plan "B" which was a pot of chili but am not sure about that now. Will figure out something!

Judy: Good luck at W/I today! I hope that it goes well!

Bandit: How are you doing so far this week? Do you read Debbie Macomber? She has a couple of series that are fun reads... And how about Janet Evanovich? She has a series out that is super fun to read... the Stephanie Plumb books.

Terri: I love your list! I love summer too, not so much of a winter person anymore - I love working in the gardens in the summer, one of my favorite things! Also love the farmers markets!

Life: How are you doing?

Cherry: Things getting back to normal for you I hope... it is hard to be away then try and get back into the swing of things.

Itryharder
06-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Hi Turtles,
This will be short because dh and I are taking a break before we do some afternoon chores.
I lost another 1 1/2 pounds this week, so I'm working on getting rid of the excess weight that crept up. When I hit 189, I'll feel like I am in new territory. (Because of the hives and meds one week last July I lost 7# and ended up at 182#----that was evidently bogus and I put on 4# the next week. Since then I've been up and down but for 5 weeks in a row recently I put on 1/2 to 1 1/2# weekly. Not fun. Got up to 199, got scared silly and really tried hard. It's working. I made a cauliflower soup yesterday and ate a lot. Had lunch out w/gf. Ate 1/2 BLT and brought home the rest which my dh ate. Thank you! It was worth it to have a good WI this morning.

Terri, great ideas for summer.
I'm grateful for good watermelon and luscious fruits! Also WW cole slaw tastes mighty good and is a welcome change from tossed salad.
The heat, not too hot, feels yummy on my skin.

Princess, yes, stop the walking group and find something fun for you and your dil to do. :strong:

I'll chime in later when I have more time.
JUdy
234.6/194.6#/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
06-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Looks like it will be a steamy but rain free day here with rain predicted all weekend... so it is plan B for the fathers day festivities. The family came over last night for supper and it was going to be burgers on the grill or a pot of chili if it rained but DH tummy is not well so I made a meatloaf instead which worked out very well, everyone was hungry and there was enough left over to pack up lunches for my two DS and that took care of all of the leftovers... yah!

Tonight is my W/I and Meeting... I expect a gain but will just get thru it and move on. I talked with D-DIL last night and we agreed that there are other things we want to try on a Tuesday night so will cancel the walking group since there is no interest and move on to other things.

The garden is loving this warm weather and things are moving along nicely... we even have a pepper already!

Judy: A huge congrats to you on your W/I! That is simply fabulous! You work so hard at this and it is wonderful to see you get rewarded! Any plans for the weekend?

Bandit: You have been quiet lately... you doing ok? Any plans for the weekend?

Terri: How are things going with you?

All: Have a great day everyone!

Itryharder
06-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, I hope your WI is okay tonight. I feel this week coming up will be a good one for you. You and your dil will have a good :strong: for Tuesday nights and that will help with your WI also. YOur celebration sounded good. Don't the kids love it when you send them home with food?

I'm still thinking of plans for Father's Day here on Sunday. I'm going to check with one of my daughters because if she can't handle pasta right now, I'll find something else. My dh suggested meatballs and spaghetti since our grandson loves that. I'm still in the thinking stages. LOL. Usually we BBQ, but my dh is the one who's good at that and I want to cook for Sunday.

I made a cauliflower soup that is extremely easy and filling. Take a 16oz. bag of cauliflower florets. Boil them for about 10 minutes in a cup of water and a boullion cube. (I've used both no sodium chicken and beef-----there's both good). Add nutmeg, turmeric, dill, pepper,=====anything that is nutritious and sounds good to you. I made mine more "Indian" this time. Let cool a bit. Then put in blender and get really smooth. It's delicious. It doesn't make a lot of soup because it's so thick, but it is very filling. It hit the spot here in our cool weather.
Also: here's an easy peasy Cole Slaw:
1 bag shredded cabbage
1 larger carrot shredded
1tiny onion (or half a med.), grated
1/4c. ff or lowfat mayo
pepper,
2T. apple cider vinegar (or any vinegar)
1T. mustard
Stir dressing together, add to vegetables and mix well. chill and enjoy----hardly any points +

I also bought the 97% ff hot dogs and grilled them in the house last night. I find Hebrew National brand very good----all beef franks. Check out vegetarian beans. My Bush label is only 3points+ for 1/2cup. Not bad---and I feel like I can enjoy a cookout.

Okay Turtles, keep on keepin' on! We are doing this. We've got another sunny day here. Hooray!
Judy
234.6/194.6/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
06-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the recipes Judy!

Bandit: Good luck at W/I tonight!

terrod99
06-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Hey all busy week here, weather great but no time to enjoy it!!! ++ work, then busy evenings, DS starts junior high (grade 7) at the highschool so orientation night last night, tonight is our work party, then older son will be home to have a BBQ for husband and my dad. At least ds is going to do all the food, just have to do some house cleaning! My cleaning lady starts the 20th!!!! she likes to have a full day for her first visit and the 20th was as soon as she could start!!!!

So otherwise still keepin at it, the warm weather seems to have zapped my appetite and maybe too busy to think about food!!! So not a bad thing!!!
Still have not hit the scale!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Terri

Princess1122
06-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy Friday to you all! I went to my meeting and W/I last night... was down .2 - was very happy about that, felt like I had lost 5 lbs - LOL cause I thought I had gained a lot! I will take it and get back at it! I also told the gals that due to lack of interest there would be no more walking group... so D-DIL and I will find other forms of exercise and mix it up a bit while the weather is good.

I am just so happy it is Friday! I have been very tired again this week even with getting to bed earlier so will continue that effort and try and get to sleep even earlier this coming week to see if I can not get that worked out and feel more rested.

Busy weekend ahead with shopping and prep for fathers day and then the actual event. I think I will add Judy's Cole Slaw recipe to my menu and see how that works...

I hope that everyone had a great weekend!

CherryAutumn
06-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Loved reading all the encouraging posts. Look like summer has everyone in a good mood. I am doing ok so far but issues with my teeth have made the difference. Not a fun way to change eating habits. Anyway hoping to put the situation to good use and keep my weight down. Weighed in at 237.2 but it will probably go back up some when i can eat normal again.
I got a new exercise game for the wii and I am really enjoying it. It is called Exerbeat. It has aerobic dancing, latin and hip hop dancing exercises. Also karate, yoga, and boxercising. And a few games to play with the kids.

Itryharder
06-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Cherry, no reason to go back up in weight once your teeth are feeling good.
After all, you've got your Wii to exercise with and you've got determination to hold onto this wonderful weight loss. You can do it. :dance: :dancer: :carrot: :bravo:

Hey Princess, isn't it wonderful when you lose at the WI scale when you thought you'd be up? :goodscale: Weigh to go! I do think that we beat ourselves up when we eat overboard------and yet we've learned so much that we do routinely that the "overeating" just isn't all that bad. :bravo:
Have a nice Father's DAy and I hope you enjoy the cole slaw. I put some on my turkey sandwich yesterday and it bulked it up and made it less dry. Not at all bad.

Yesterday I was feeling sleepy and tired all day. Didn't get exercise in and that had something to do with it. I used more points and counted them in. Woke up this morning after lots of sleep and I'm not hungry yet. I wouldn't really recommend that LOL, but it worked for me and as long as I stay off the scale I can keep on keepin' on.

Bandit, having a dance this weekend?

Terri, you remind me of all the activities I used to do with my kids----lots of school meetings and orientations, etc. I like your attitude!

Okay Turtles, gotta run and get some groceries in for Father's Day. Decided on Meatballs and spaghetti. I'll get a Carvel Whale of a Dad ice cream cake and we'll all have a good time. I saw a Hungry Girl recipe for a dip that I'm going to try: here it is

Vegged-Up Veggie Dip
8 servings 1 point+ each
1 cup ff-plain Greek Yogurt
1/4c ff mayo
half a packet dry veggie soup mix
1 10oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 c. roasted red peppers packed in water, drained and chopped.
1 T. dried minced onions
Combine yogurt, mayo and soup mix. Stir well
Add remaining ingredients and mix until uniform
refrigerate at least 2 hours-----even better chilled overnight!

I'll give it a try and let you know how it works.
Have a great weekend!
Judy

life4evr
06-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Hey everyone I am still here. Summer school I am still adjusting to. I have dropped my hours down to like nothing which is good, in a way and bad. So I am okay with the school and work suitation. I weighed in today I gained 1# which a minor gain. Made me realize I need to watch what I am putting in my mouth. I made to Zumba today. Let's just say the whole not really working out showed. Halfway through the class I was ready to quit.

I am taking an online class cause I needed some more credits it is Fit and Wellness for life. So far it has been pretty interesting. Everyone is worried about the obese people but that is another story.

Hope everyone is well. That is about all the updates for me.

Princess1122
06-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Good morning everyone! Rainy and gloomy here this morning... DIL and I were supposed to go to the farmers market and then fathers day shopping but I am thinking with the rain we need to skip the farmers market lol.

Went out to supper last night with DH - ordered wrong and ended up only eating my salad and my fish and leaving the rest which is ok. It is getting so expensive to eat out and prices seem to be going thru the roof most everywhere... our bill last night was very high, we will not be doing that much more with my inpending end of work coming sooner rather than later, but even so, it is an expense that we can control!

I cancelled my WW membership and DH gym membership - I have not been going to WW but relying on TOPS for my W/I's and DH does not use his gym membership at all - it is time to trim the fat in more ways than one... LOL

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
06-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Life4evr, I'm glad you're only up a pound. Getting back to Zumba will definitely help. :strong: :tread: I need to get back to something. Had been gardening ---very hard work with shovels and everything----not just deadheading a rose here and there. But last couple of days it rained and my interest in actually doing anything dropped. LOL. Lifey, I just noticed your weight loss. You're really doing this! Weigh to go.

Princess, yes----talk about sticker shock. I went to buy my dh cards for Father's DAy. I was in the grocery store and desperately did not want to go to another store. However, the cards I picked up went up to $6! Crazy. I headed to the $ store later in the day and bought him four cards for $2 total.
What I am trying to do when we eat out is to think of my food almost like a substitute for what I would have to pay. Let me explain. If I don't succeed on WW's I may have to buy Jenny CRaig food. Now that's really expensive and as long as I choose well or eat 1/2 portions at restaurants I should be okay. My aim is to stay on track and keep my budget in line. Dh and I almost never go to real restaurants. We'll hit a pizzeria, have Chinese food delivered, or go to the casual dining places (where I make sure to look for their light menu or check out points+ online before we go.) Enough about me.

Smart to check your expenses now. I know the employment situation around USA is miserable.

Everybody have a great weekend!!!!!
Judy

bandit2
06-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi turtles:

Looks like I have lots of catching up on the posts since I have been away
for PRD Tops Convention from last Wed til Sat night, so I missed my weigh in
The convention was really good, very motivating and uplifting to see all
the "losers" being recognized.

And I have joined a challenge with the ladies I roomed with. It is to
drop 10# by Sept 1st, anyone care to join in?

I skimmed some of the posts and will catch up when I can. But I did see
Judy with a loss, so congrats with that.

Princess - Good luck with any new eating plan you try!

All - hope everyone is losing and staying on track.

Itryharder
06-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Bandit, glad to see you were away at a TOPS convention. Yes, I'm in for losing 10# by Sept. 1. I would love to be ten pounds lighter and I know I can do it. I've just got to do it!

Everybody have a good day. This will be a busy week for me and an eating one as well, so I've got to be careful. Tuesday dinner out w/gf. Wed. dinner out with my dh's brother and sister-in-law. Friday son and family coming in for long weekend. Yay! And our other children will be here in dribs and drabs over the weekend. It should be great.

Have fun. Keep on keepin' on and keep your eye on the prize.
Judy

terrod99
06-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Hey all!

Bandit I have been (a few years ago) to the one day tops gathering, it was a fun and motivational day, glad you had a great time!!! Yes I am in for the challenge!!!!

Judy the summer just seems so busy for us all, and before we know it, it is gone and we are in to fall, so enjoy your outings and family gatherings.

Princess hope you are having a great week so far!

Cherry hope you are keepin at it!!!

Me I went for a 75 min walk last night, at fairly yesterday, need more water as usual! But I am keepin at it!!!

Rain starts Wed right through Sun, not looking forward to that!!! was palnning on more walking, must drag my butt back to the Y!

Terri

Princess1122
06-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all. Eating over the weekend was bad again but today I am back on it... yesterday was very stressful, we had more flooding with the storms that went thru and a wet basement, lots of damage to the veg. garden and the list goes on and on. I need to stop letting the stress get to me because really eating is not making anything better at all!

I was out of the office yesterday so am really trying to get caught up, will try and hop back on again later... take care all!

bandit2
06-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Morning, turtles:

Terri - yes we also have a 1 day fall rally that is lots of fun as well. I think
it is Oct 29th here in Oshawa - does your chapter go to that?

Princess - sorry to hear about your flooding, there is always something
going on when you own a home. Right now I have a tree which is too
close to my house that has me worried, so will have to get someone to deal with that which means lots of $$$ for anything you have to hire.

Anyway, yesterday was a good day totally on track and got in a walk
at lunch (20 min = 1 mile) So off to good start for my 10# challenge.

All - hope you are all staying OP

Itryharder
06-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Princess, sorry about the flooding----especially in your vegetable garden. I think you deserve a break, but I also know that eating doesn't help.

Yesterday and Sunday I ate my way through the day. Can't really pinpoint the stress that caused the extra eating. My hives have been flaring up more than ever------just when I thought my one year was up and they should go away. Ugh. Today I am on track and need to stay that way.

Bandit, thanks for the challenge. I'm so glad you did very well with points and tracking. :chef:

Terri, :strong: good for you for getting your walk in. 75 minutes is a nice long challenge.

Okay====gotta run.
:goodvibes: to us all!

Cherry and Life, here's a :grouphug: we can all use support! :bravo:

Judy
234.6/194.6/180s and thinner :cool:
Probably won't WI this week. Eating not what it needed to be.

Princess1122
06-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Bandit: I'm with you on the challenge! Would love to see if I could actually lose 10 lbs and not gain it back... LOL what a concept! I am getting prices to have an extremely large tree taken down out of our yard... it is leaning towards our house so I know what you mean about being nervous. The first price was 2500.00, the second price was 3600.00 - we are in the process of calling a third company to get the final one before we pick the company that will take the tree out.

Judy: I am so sorry to hear about your hives! Ugh, I really wish the doctors could figure that one out for you. I have a call into my doctor finally, woke up to my TOM yesterday and with it a very large nasty migraine - I have not had a real migraine in about three years so this new side effect of the TOM has me very worried since I have a hard time functioning on any level with Migraines and even after I take the meds I am normally down for the day. Should hear back from the doctor tomorrow to see what she thinks and what can be done to get this all under control. I am sure it is peri-menopause and the hormones are causing it all but we need to get this leveled out some how...

Terri: Congrats on the walk, that is a wonderful step in the right direction!

Life: LOL - the last time I tried Zumba I quit about half way thru the tape/workout, I forgot how intense that is!

Have to run but wanted to check back in quickly.

terrod99
06-22-2011, 08:11 AM
Hey All

Hope everyone's week gets better!!!!!!! Sending good vibes and hugs to all!

Here is a little motivation, a coworkers daughter has started in the clinic for the summer doing a clinical rotation (nursing student) hadn't seen her in awhile( she has worked in the clinic as a receptionist occasionally summers, school breaks), she is about 25, so she comes in and we don't really recognise the gal as she has lost 76 lbs on you guessed it Weight Watchers!!!! Took her 19 months to reach her goal and she has stayed there since December, she weighs in once a month still writes down everything that goes in her mouth. So guess what we can do this!!!!! More proof that the program does work if we work the program!

So lets get at it! and all stay on plan and report in !!

Terri

Princess1122
06-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Good morning all and happy Wednesday to you all! Another rainy day here but not as much as Monday thank goodness! Food has been bad this week for me, eating everything is sight, I am eager to talk to the doctor to see what can be done to get my body on a more even setting, I just feel like I am all over the place between my emotions and my TOM, etc etc etc... the list goes on and on.

Terri: That is just an awesome testimonial to WW... thanks for sharing the story with us!

Bandit: We have our 1st food function/outing for the year this Thursday for TOPS, they picked Olive Garden... I was like... REALLY?... Olive Garden???... of all places... LOL. Oh well, it will be fun and W/I is optional so thinking I am going to skip it this week.

Judy: How are you doing? I hope that the doctors can do something about your hives... it have been a long year for you with those!

I have to run but have a great day all!

Itryharder
06-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Terri, thanks for the great news about your co-worker and her fabulous loss!
Nice inspiration. :bravo:

Princess, sorry your TOM and all sorts of things are kicking their heels. I'm sending you :goodvibes: to let your hormones settle down and leave you alone. Here's to a good eating week. We can do this!

Thanks for the thoughts, but there is nothing my doctors can do. What they can do, I'm already doing. It's bizarre to think that this has to go away on its own, but that's the case. I was hoping (since many people in this exact situation) get over them in about a year that I would too. Doesn't seem like it yet, but I'm praying that these go away and if any of you pray, I'd love some prayers sent my way.

Am going to WI this morning. Had a good day yesterday and am planning for a good day today.

Everybody have a great week!

Bandit, I'm thinking of you and the 10# challenge.
I also haven't given up on being in the 180's by July 4th. I know i can do it.
:goodscale:

Judy
234.6/194.6/thinner :cool:

bandit2
06-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Morning, turtles:

Terri - awesome WW story and yes, you are right about working the programme.

Princess - sorry to hear about your health issues and hoping you get some answers/solutions from your doctor. As I told you before, I had hysterectomy and feel so much better since.

Judy - glad to hear you are back on track and having a good week.

As for myself, stayed OP yesterday and walked 1 mile at lunch, then did
1-1/2 hours of yard work last night and had leftovers for my dinner and
nice evening snack of cantaloupe with cool whip and all bran cereal sprinkled
on top & it was really good.

Have a great Wednesday!

Itryharder
06-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Bandit, you are doing great!!!!! :bravo: :dancer: :dance: :cheer:

Weigh to go!

I had my WI and was back up 1.2#, but overall I still am less than I was two weeks ago and I've got my spirit back. Emotional eating is tough-----I've decided (for now) to make this week as restrictive as I can. That'll knock off weight. Then I'llease up a bit. I'll see how this works. Need to exercise and now it's raining here again.

All's well . We can do this!!!!!
Judy
234.6/195.8/180's and thinner by July 4th. :cool:

life4evr
06-22-2011, 11:00 PM
So I have been trying to figure out why I have been having stomach issues lately. Well duh it just dawned on me that is probably the soy milk I have been drinking. At least I hope that's what it is. I am still here. So between Zumba and the car trip to GA last weekend. My hip and knee is killing me. Of course this is different legs. When I had clinicals on Tues I thought I was going to have to go home.

That's all for my update hope everyone is well.

Princess1122
06-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday! Missed the call from the doctors office last evening so will call them back after they open this morning. Hoping for a plan of action here to feel better and get my head back in the game...

Bandit: Your snack sounds wonderful and great job on getting the exercise in!Thanks for the thoughts, I am fine and it could be a whole lot worse - something is just not right and it is throwing everything else off so I hope to get it cleared up here soon.

Judy: Your plan of action sounds solid, I sure hope it helps! Sorry the rain got in the way of your outside activities... I know how you feel though, we are the same way here.

Life: I hope your hip and knee get to feeling better soon! It has to be hard to stand during your school/work when you are in pain!

Terri: How are you doing? Anything new and exciting happening?

Cherry: How are you doing?

Have to run!

Itryharder
06-23-2011, 12:07 PM
I have to weed my garden, but I'm sending :goodvibes: to all of us.
Have a great on program day!
Judy

terrod99
06-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Hey All rainy Friday here!

Busy week, trying to move more eat less!!! My new moto! House cleaner started, so trying to tidy the few areas (computer desk, sons room!!!) that I told her not to bother with. Never knew my old bathroom floor could be so shiny!!!! She does a great job worth the money!!!

Husband going to the lake, son to a sleep over so having a few girl friends over tonight, should be fun. Will make a big veggy plate to munch on. Maybe go for a walk too, if the weather cooperates.

Everyone lets keep up the good work, stay positive, enjoy the summer while it lasts, right now we have local strawberries!!! Yummy!!!

Terri

Princess1122
06-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Good morning all and happy Friday! Yah! Rainy here again today, told DH we were going to move to AZ, I need some hot dry weather with lots of sunshine and I need it soon! He just looked at me like I was crazy because that is his nightmare but my paradise! LOL... he likes the cool weather!

Family reunion tomorrow that we need to travel to so will be making a couple of things for that, not totally sure what yet.

Went to my meeting last night and we went out to eat, I ordered the grilled salmon and had salad with it... had a couple of breadsticks but it would be hard to go to the olive garden and not have something that was not really onplan ;)

Today is a new day and I will be doing the very best that I can each and every day, it won't be perfect but it will be my best and that is how I am going to look on it... just putting too much pressure on myself from all directions and something needs to give. I bought a new pocket journal to log my food in and will use it everyday!

The doctor has requested an ultra-sound be done so I am waiting for the gal that schedules those to call me back with my date and time. I took the first step in getting it figured out so am happy about that.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Itryharder
06-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Terri, hope you had a good time with your friends. sounds fun and relaxing.
You are so smart to consider walking with your pals. It's a way to get in exercise and chat. Nice!

Princess, yes. I think keeping a daily log is a great idea. You did very well eating out. A couple of breadsticks never killed anyone. I like that you're heading yourself in the right direction without being so incredibly strict.
Sometimes "good enough" is what works.

I know I can restrict for only so long and the rebound can be tough. I've got to balance with less restrictions----but enough to lose weight. I'm still figuring this out, as you all can see. Had a lovely time yesterday. Went to see the musical, Legally Blonde, at a local playhouse. Then out to dinner.
Dinner was good, play was great. Time out with hubby----priceless!
Gotta run and get in groceries for the weekend. DS and all the kids/grandkids will be here at various times over the weekend. It should be great. I wish the weather would cooperate, but we'll still have a nice time.
Oh-----and I'm really enjoying the daylillies I've planted over the last few years. Right now the ones blooming are yellow, orange, dusty rosy red----really pretty. I'm so glad I put in the effort and got good results. Sounds like a dieting pitch!
Love to you all,
Judy
234.6/195.8/180's and thinner :cool:

bandit2
06-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Morning, turtles

Gloomy, muggy here but hoping it will clear later today since I am heading
to my trailer.

Terri - which lake are you on? I am on Scugog near Port Perry. Your gf
plans sounds great and veggie tray is good choice. Have fun!

Princess - glad you are getting ultra-sound (that is how my fibroids were discovered) and that will let you know what is going on. And you are doing great with so much going on - just do what you can, go from there and don't stress about things you can't change at the moment.

Judy - boy, you sound like you are having a great time with your social
outtings and family gatherings. Nice to have family around - I have small
family that has changed so much over the years, that I certainly miss all the hustle & bustle - but I have good circle of friends which I am thankful for.

All- hope the rest of our turtles are having success at the scales.

As for myself - I was up 1# over the last 2 Thurs (missed last week weigh-in
with being at convention) so I must have done some damage since I have been totally OP and getting in some exercise since Monday. So hoping to be
down next week.

Anyway - have a great OP weekend!

life4evr
06-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Hi. Hope everyone is well. I was down 0.5# when I weighed. I feel so so. Trying to find my motivation again. So my cousin ist trying to loose 10# by September. I told her I would try right alont with her. Other than the the heat kicking my butt here. That's about it.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Princess1122
06-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday! Eating was not good for me again over the weekend but will try harder and get back at it. No excuses here, it is all about choices and I made some bad ones and did not do my personal best at all.

Rainy again today but he rest of the week it is supposed to be nice and we need to see some sunshine around here soon! I have a busy week ahead but will hop on when I can to see how everyone is doing.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
06-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi Guys, good to hear from so many of us.
My eating over the weekend wasn't sensible. I haven't hopped on the scale, but my company is going home today and that will help.

Wishing everyone well and aiming for 10# by Sept. I really want to do this.
Judy

terrod99
06-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Jumped on the Food Train!!!!! Help get me off here!!!!

Awful choices being made here too!!! Back to work today for 3 days so will be on track until long weekend comes!!!! Trying to think tiny portions! It will make me tiny! So much for my below 190 for the July 1 weekend!!! haven't even been near a scale! Okay today is a new day! Fruit veggies water!

Bandit we are on Cenntenial Lake it is near Bonnecho Provincial Park and not much else!!! It would be nice to have a place close to home like you do!!!

Everyone else hope you guys are well will catch up soon.........

Terri

Princess1122
06-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! Wonderful day here and supposed to be nice for the rest of the week, they are calling for really crappy weather to start on Saturday and continue on thru the holiday weekend which is not what I wanted to hear but we will roll with it and be grateful for a few sunny days while we have them.

I have an appointment for next week for my ultrasound and to see the doctor so I sure hope to get some answers here soon.

Food was better yesterday but not wonderful yet by any means... will keep at it!

Terri: Glad to see you back posting again! Having a lake to go to must be wonderful!

Judy: Hope you are doing well!

Bandit: You doing ok?

Life: How is your week going?

Cherry: How are things with you?

Itryharder
06-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Hi All Turtles,
Today my head has cleared. Here are some tips from my friend, Grace, who lost 230# over 15 years ago and has kept them off:

Have loads of foods in your fridge that you can eat:
SF Jell-o
fruit, grapes
cooked chicken dishes-----casserole type like Moroccan or Cacciatore
Cooked vegetables
hard boiled eggs

This way, you open your fridge, you're on the right path-----too tired to cook? You've got something ready that you just have to warm up.

Past week was tough-----emotional eating Plus I made yummy food for son. I can do better and I will.

Princess, thanks for your daily messages.
Terri, yeah----it's so easy to go off track. Now I'm working on making going back on track easy.
Life4evr, keep your eye on the prize----working and going to school for nursing will pay off big time -----and you've had a nice weight loss. Let's go for the next five pounds. I'm in!
Bandit, you can do this!!!! I love hearing about your TOPS involvement.
Cherry, keep on keepin' on.

All of us----We can do this! I'm going to end up this summer 10# lighter. I'll feel so much better when I do. I've got my roll above my waist back and I don 't like it!!!!! Ugh.

Love you all. take care and be well and happy. We can do this!
Judy
234.6/????/180's and lighter :cool:

life4evr
06-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Hi. Hope everyone is well. So my eating today has been so so. My breakfast and lunch was good. I haven't really tracked today, but it was a clinical day and my eating are usually good on those days.

My hip is feeling okay. My knee was feeling better, but it started hurting. I am guessing the bending and standing I did at clinicals. It's not too painful. So I am guessing nothing a little motrin won't cure. Trying not to go snack crazy as I study. Other than that today has been good.

Hope everyone has goodnight.

bandit2
06-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Hi everyone - sounds like you are all doing well which is nice to see.

Judy - thanks for you gf tips, simple but right on target. Being prepared is key.

Princess - I am fine, just trying to keep on track and get in some exercise.
I cut my lawn last night which takes 1-1/2 hours and was very hot after that
and have been getting in a 1 mile walk at lunch, which helps. Trimmed the hedge tonight.

Terri - I camped up at Bon Echo years ago, very pretty up there. Glad you are getting back ontrack.

Life - nice job on the loss, all adds up.

Would be nice if we could all stay on track and lose this weight for good.
Honestly, its like having another job trying to stay on top of things.
But when the scale goes down, it is worth it & we all feel better after dropping some weight. So lets do our best and stay focussed.

All - good luck at the scales!

terrod99
06-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Happy Wednesday! Busy week continues

Bandit you said it -- it is like having another fulltime job trying to lose weight!!!
That is so true!

Everyone we must just keep at it! everyday is a new day, a fresh start, so don't give up!

must run this week is ++ busy, but then 4 day long weekend!!! Yeah!!!

Terri

Princess1122
06-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! I have all day meetings today and tomorrow... ugh, not looking forward to those at all but at the very least it will keep me from snacking during the day... LOL.

Totally agree with Bandit, this is a full time job that I have been failing at lately really really badly! Today is a new day, I have my food with me and my journal is on my desk, fish is in the fridge at home defrosting for tonights supper and salad fixings are in the fridge waiting... It is a beautiful day here today, can not ask for more really!

We are working on back up plans for this coming holiday weekend since they are calling for rain... thinking crockpot meals and card games along with movie rentals and outside activities when the weather allows it.

Bandit: I did my yard last night, love the exercise that I get from that but my back is sore today which tells me I have been acting like a couch potato again and need to get my butt in gear. I asked DH to get my bike in working order so that will help to get me moving on evenings when I just don't want to go to the gym. I need to trim the shurbs also... LOL, not one of my favorite yard work activities so I let it go way too long before I take care of it.

Judy: I love your friends ideas! That really got me motivated too because our bad snacks items are pretty much done with at the house so will replace with your list and that will really help! Thanks!

Life: You sound busy but I am glad that your hip is feeling better and I'll bet your right about your knee, the standing does not help it at all.

Cherry: what are you up to?

Terri: I was trying really hard to have a 3.5 day weekend lol but as it turns out I need to stay here at work way longer on Friday then I wanted to for a meeting that someone scheduled and I must attend... Good luck getting thru your week and I hope that you enjoy your weekend!

Have a great day all!
Princess

Itryharder
06-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Hi All,
We're sounding optimistic and that's a good thing.

Bandit, so funny you called losing weight a job, because yesterday I was reflecting that my weight/losing and gaining and losing has been the uppermost thought in most of my days-----bizarre. I mean if I had spent as much time gardening or learning a new hobby I'd be an expert in those fields by now. But, I guess the big idea is that if this were easy, no one would be chubby. I'm working on it. Had a great day yesterday and am feeling good today. I'll WI in less than an hour and I"m expecting to go up---I hope by not too much, but we'll see.

Yesterday I made Congee (a rice porridge used for breakfast) and a cauliflower/broccoli soup. All winter I had soup and it helped me a lot. Now that it's hot, I can still use that feeling of fullness, so I figured I'd try it out.

Enough about me.
Everybody have a great weekend-----here in the states it's our Independence Day. Funny-----usually we;re invited to our nephew's for a BBQ, but haven't heard a thing. I think it's a standing invite, but if that doesn't pan out we'll BBQ here. I expect the kids in for the weekend days.

Gotta run.
:bravo: and :cheer: and :cheers: to us all for :strong: and :goodscale: we can do this. We'll remember what my friend says: yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is the present which is why it's a gift. I'm going to really try to make the most of my gift today.
Lov,e
Judy
234.6/?/180's and thinner :cool:

Itryharder
06-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Hi Pals,
I'm back from my WI. Gained 1.8#. Almost 2#. Ugh. Too close to 200# again.

Right now I've got a chicken cacciatore in my slow cooker. My WW friend brought me a quart of zucchini soup to stretch my meals. I bought shredded
cabbage to make a cole slaw WW style. I straightened out my freezer and organized it to make it sensible.

Gotta run! Good luck to us all!
Lov,e
Judy
234.6/197.6/180's and thinner :cool:

bandit2
06-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess/Judy - you both sound like you have things under control, which is super. I made some veggie soup on Sunday and have been having with my lunch which was tasty & low in points.

Judy - sorry about your gain, but main thing is you went to your meeting and faced the scale. Sometimes hard to do when we know we will be up but when we really need to go the most. So onward & upwards as you say, next
week will be better.

Terri - hope you have some nice plans for the long weekend.

All - there is always a challenge to face & this weekend it is a long weekend which means extra socializing. Hope everyone has a plan of attack for the holiday.

Lets drink some extra water today!

ieduc8em
06-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Hello to all of you ladies. I am new to weight watchers, having been on the program for about 3 weeks. I am looking forward to joining you for some extra support and encourgement. I did another weight loss program a couple of years ago. Lost 50 pounds but gained about 40 of it back, unfortunately. I found a lot of support here at 3FC. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

CherryAutumn
06-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks for thinking about me. Still lurking and reading posts. I will try to post more later.

Pat- Welcome!

terrod99
06-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Welcome to you Pat!

I need to lose about the same amount!!! You will find a great group of ladies here! I joined them late last fall, and it is a wonderful group for support.

Hi to everyone else one more work day then the Canada Day long weekend, William and Kate are coming don't ya know!!! Sorry I will miss them! But I will be lounging by the lake!!! Going to make good food choices, stay away from the snack foods! Fruit (local strawberries!) Veggies, 0 cal drinks!!!!!! Will do some swimming with the kids, walking, keep moving!

Happy Independence Day and Happy Birthday Canada have a great op weekend ladies.

Terri

life4evr
06-30-2011, 08:35 AM
Good morning had a few minutes before I left for class. My knee is feeling better thanks everyone.

Okay so i am trying to start off on a good note. I actually had breakfast so that is one hurdle down. If i make it through my test halfway sane that woudl be even better.

That's it everyone have a good day.

Princess1122
06-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! had a great day yesterday food wise and hope to keep that going again today. The scale is showing me up about 4 lbs but I expected that and will go to my meeting tonight and W/I and take my lumps and keep chugging along... no excuses, just keep moving forward and do my best.

Pat: Welcome! We are thrilled to have you with us... most of us have been in the same boat as you are now... LOL - you will fit right in with us!

Bandit: Happy holiday weekend to you! Do you have big plans?

Judy: Any word on an invite from your cousin?

Life: Great job on having breakfast! I pack mine along with my lunch and have it here at work so I am sure to get it in for the day.

Cherry: Glad to see you pop in!

Terri: Happy holiday weekend to you also! Have a great time at the lake, I hope your weather is wonderful!

Have to run but have a great day all!

Itryharder
06-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Hi Turtles,
:welcome3: to Pat! I think it's great that on your weight loss journey you managed to stop yourself from re-gaining all your lost weight. So many people are not able to do that. So congrats! If I lose 40# more, I'll be closing in on my goal. When you get a minute, tell us a bit more about yourself.

Terri, so sorry you're missing royalty, LOL, but your plans for the weekend sound great.

Cherry, you're always in our thoughts.

Life4evr, weigh to go. You've got this on a roll. So glad for you!

Princess, good luck at your WI. Maybe some of the weight will disappear as the day goes by. Hey, what's really important is that you had a great day yesterday and plan on having a great one today.

Bandit, enjoy your weekend. I'm so glad you posted your photo a while ago. It's so much fun knowing more about you!

I had a great day yesterday. I made Congee and chicken cacciatore. I also made a simple broccoli/cauliflower soup to help me during hungry times.
Today should be great. I'm going to have a simple breakfast and for lunch I'm joining my reading group at a restaurant. We always have good times together.

Okay, I'll start a new thread since we're running long. See you all at #258
Bale of Turtles Doing Great!
Judy
234.6/?/180-'s and thinner. I vow to be 185# or less by 9/1/11. No excuses for me. I'm lucky I can exercise, have the time, and know how to do this!!!!!! Now the trick is to do it.