Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 04:11 PM   #1  

Angry Fibromyalgia #84

Well Candice, when you said you were just peeking in, you meant it Still the Night Owl.

Meme - good attitude. That should work.

Now as far as your other question - I don't dislike anyone. I am one of those people who can't carry a grudge. I just can't stay mad at anyone - never could - not even when I was little. I can get irritated with some people, but that may or may not be their problem - it could be mine, if I'm not feeling good. I don't have anyone to forgive that I can think of, and I sure hope that nobody needs to forgive me. I have always found that it is far better to just get on with my life than to dwell on what someone may or may not have done.

I am doing ok on Atkins again - now that I got back on track. I hope that when I stand on the scale next time, it will be a really pleasant surprise. My pants feel like it will be

Anagram - I am so sorry. It sure has been a tough ride for you for the past little while. We are here for you.

Marlene - Isn't TOPS the one, where you choose your own diet and then go for support? I think that is the way it works here in Canada.

Hi Joanne, Alley
Old 01-08-2003, 04:42 PM   #2  

Anne...I can honestly say there isn't anyone I hate either. I don't carry a grudge but some of the things this man did and said about our family (and me inparticular) were so bad it was really hard not to have ill feelings toward him. Seems some people just irritate us more than others, doesn't it? I know from experience with my mother that having one of these irritable people next door to you or worse yet, in the house with you, can make life miserable! And we can't change these people, my mother for one, didn't change until the last couple of weeks before she died. But we CAN change the way we react to them. Hubby's boss is one of the worst. Yet he has had to learn how to deal with him on an everyday basis...he has to be kind of a buffer between him and the other men. Without my husband, the shop he runs would close...thankgoodness the owner knows that and backs off from him when there is a conflict. Children go to school with bullys...they can't change them but they could learn to change their reaction to them. See where I'm coming from? It isn't just disliking someone...it's dealing with difficult people on a day-to-day basis. If we aren't doing it now, every one of us has had to deal with someone (or more than one) person like this in our lives. It's so much easier if you can learn not to react to them.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:15 PM   #3  

Default Hey There

Well girls there is not too much that I can add to that.. You all said it good. As for me once a lesson given ,a lesson learned.. I tend to shy away from things/people that upset me. Even family members can become too much to put up with. Life is too short..
I am trying to get back on tract with my eating. I am going to have to pray harded for assistance to avoid junk food.
Hope everyone is well.. I fell down the other day in the house. I am sore all over. Got my feet tangled in some laundry. Another lesson learned..
Bye...Joanne
Old 01-09-2003, 12:38 AM   #4  

Boy...when it rains it pours. We are really a sick bunch. Joanne, you'll have to borrow Anne's cast! You'll probably be down for a week or two. I'm still not over the spill I took at McDonald's 9 days ago!

I did pretty good today...until church tonight. One of the ladies brought in a cheesecake with strawberry topping...just had to have a small piece!

Did you hear about the insomniac dyslexic agnostic?
He stayed up all night wondering if there really was a dog.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:42 AM   #5  

Joanne..I think like you I guess........I stay away from the ones that cause a problem..used to try and fix the problem but it only got worse for me so I just backed off. Used to try to please all and fix the world! No more..............still think I can but I'm not dumb enough to try anymore!

took the Christmas lights down(outside todaya nd my arms are shot and shakey!

Eating went well today....or yesterday .
Old 01-09-2003, 05:50 PM   #6  

Hi guys-we made it-I waved at you Joanne when we went by Tarpon Springs-started out on Sun and went to Dunkin Donuts to get coffeee and window would not go back up-started out with plastic on the window but I reminded Brda that we couldn't lock the car-went back home-had window fixed in morning and started out again after Brad did an emergency service call-went as far as we could when we were stopped because of an accident-after 45 minutes we headed the other way and finally got to the highway but it was late so we only got to NY-Tues was heavy traffic but WEd and tHurs were good. and we are here. Talk more-don;t want to tie up phone Mima
Old 01-09-2003, 07:07 PM   #7  

Default Hey There

Mima- I'm glad you made it down safely..Hopeyou enjoy the time here.
Meme- You are right .I am sore. Brusing is just starting to show up. I am prone to falls. When I go down it is like a tree. Except no one yells TIMBER. My hubby was just stunned. I get real shook up and start crying and by that time he isn't sure what to do with me. I still keep moving though. I was out weeding and fertilizing some plants today. So I guess I will live.
Happy- It is in the 60's here right now but should get cooler this weekend. I say on the tv tonight it was 9 degrees in Canada. You might be colder.
Candice- Are you still sleepng the days away? I know what you mean about stepping back from problems.. I do it all the time. If I stick my neck out to help some people they just want to chop it off. I learned a few lessons the hard way...
Hello Ally. Anagram, Marlene and all.
Bye for now...Joanne
Old 01-09-2003, 09:59 PM   #8  

Too bad about your start, Mima, but glad you're there enjoying FL now. Each day one or the other of us mentions that we should be there. Maybe another year.

Sorry about the falls, gals. I don't go down often but I come close a lot. My legs don't always want to go where I want them to.

We had a good day today. Weather was good, No appts. for a change so asked dh if he wanted his first non-medical outing. He suggested lunch out so we did. Hard on his restrictions and he probably had more salt than they want him to. But we both were happy for it. He also filled my gas tank and then started his car when we got home. I suspect if he had not been so tired out from the outing, he'd have taken it out for a spin. But he seems to almost know his limitations and didn't try it. He's been bringing the paper in in the morning, clearing the table, etc. Still tired but doing better.

We broke down the bed in his recuperation room as he finally spent the whole night upstairs. And we rented SIGNS tonight. Seems like an overrated film to me.

So things are getting closer to normal. I'm still behind on many things but our day to day is going better and I occasionally am getting time to rest in between. Last night I was really beat and almost depressed. But I sat on a recliner with my new fuzzy, wuzzy blanket and commiserated with me till I got some energy back. Took today off from dieting. Originally I planned to do that and have some good meals occasionally but had not done that for a while. Didn't go too far overboard but did have some things like salad dressing, tartar sauce (on crabcakes) and roll with butter that I don't usually have. Back to the slimfast tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:46 AM   #9  

Joanne you fell too?????? I thought it was Meme who fell????? I fall alot too and almost did a backward dive int he gargage when hanging up the Christmas lights..stepped on the rolling garden stool (thought it was braced) caught myself just in time...I'm not usually so lucky and when I call I fall hard! ( and I have no butt to fall on anymore!

Walked on the tredmill tonight and had fish so all is ok at the moment. Very cold weraher is moving in and I am starting to hurt..hate it when fronts come through! The dog is not doing well can't ahrdley get up the steps now.

I have been doing more night sleep eating..DH tells me he is not the one eating things that are missing! Boy.....just think of what i must be consuming if I am aware of all the Cookies! No wonder my wasit is growing!
Old 01-10-2003, 02:27 AM   #10  

Candice...sure you're not pregnant???

McDonald's insurance agent called me today & asked if I went to the Dr. from my fall. I went to the Dr. to get my shot this afternoon and asked the nurse if they would do anything if I had an xray and it showed my tail-bone was cracked and she said no. Just give me some pain pills and tell me to rest! So I don't guess I'll do anything about it. I hate having to go to the hospital and having xrays and tests!

Do you all think we fall so much because of the fibro? I didn't used to be this bad to fall down. I've sprained my ankles A LOT and my knees used to go out of place at the drop of a hat but seems like my sense of balance is not what it used to be. And when I start to go, now, it seems like my reaction time is slower or something. This is the second really bad fall I've had in 2 months! Of course, anyone could have fallen on a wet floor!

Hope you feel better tomorrow, Joanne, but it will take you a while. I'm still sore! What happened with your cold/flu?

Mima...slow start but now that you are there I hope you have good weather and can enjoy yourself!!! WISH WE WERE ALL WITH YOU AND JOANNE!!!!!!! We need to have a reunion IN FL sometime! (but I guess we would have to just call it a 'union' since we haven't acutally met yet!!!)

I bought a Play Station and a bunch of games from ebay today! I bought it for the kids but I'm sure I'll enjoy it, too. I love playing games!!!

I'm so tired, I had redecorating on my mind and only got 3 1/2 hrs. sleep last night and I've been running all day. Had Kaylyn from 7:30am to 6 pm, taught from 11 to 1:30 then went to town and ran errands plus bought $250 worth of groceries, etc. at Wal Mart, came home, put them away and took a shower. I'm zonkered! Gotta get some ZZZZZZZs

Hi to everyone I missed. I don't mean to leave everybody out but I'm a zombie right now!!!
Old 01-10-2003, 10:28 AM   #11  

Default Hey There

Candice- I wish sometimes I didn't have any butt either. That has always been a little too big. What is this sleep eating? Like sleep walking? When I eat at night I know just what I am doing.. I even prepare it.
Meme- After the first couple hours I am pretty well on my way for the day. My cold has gone bye bye. I am sore but that will go to it's normal status. I try not to dwell on it.
Anagram- I am glad to hear that you and your hubby are able to get out more. You can come to Florida next year. Or move down here. Although it is hard changing Dr's and all. It is 69 outside my house right now. No telling what it wil be by night. It is supposed to get cool.
I am going next week to my daughters. She will have surgery a week from today.
Got to get busy..Bye for now . Hello to all..Joanne
Old 01-10-2003, 05:06 PM   #12  

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I was sick all the way down but much better now. Took zinc-son was also sick-we will see them tomorrow. Drove over to the beach today-it;s really nice. The people here are doing Atkins and we eat our carbs. Definitely going to do it when I get home. I think this is the last day of beautiful weathert. NO MORE FALLING!!!!!Mima
Old 01-11-2003, 01:18 PM   #13  

I fall a lot too, girls. I always attribute it to small feet. Not big enough to hold up my body.
Did anyone watch 20/20 last nite where they talked about the rebound effect of over the counter headache pills? They say that use of them causes a headache to keep returning, and then you take more meds. One guy had a huge hole in his stomach lining and he was only 26 years old.
I have taken Tylenol two times this week cause I am aching like crazy. The next afternoon I got a killer headache.
Hmmmmmmmmm.
Old 01-11-2003, 04:33 PM   #14  

Ally...that's true...especially true of Excedrin because of all the caffeine in it. You take it to get rid of the migraine. THAT migraine goes away but the caffeine causes ANOTHER one and you take more to get rid of it and on and on it goes. I took so much of that type stuff back about 20 years ago that it had started to eat a hole in my stomach. I was having really bad stomach pain and cramps that would double me over and then other times it would just burn like crazy. The Docs finally figured out it was all the crap I was taking for migraines and arthritis. Now I can't take asprin type meds and stuff like Naproxin...causes intense stomach aches. When they first tried Naproxin (Annaprox/Naprocin/Aleve) on me I went out to eat and get groceries and after I ate I took a 500mg tablet. About half way through Wal Mart I just doubled over in the isle in pain. Hubby thought I was having a heart attack or something. He was about to call an ambulance. I couldn't figure it out at first...thought maybe I had gotten food poisoning or something. I had to just leave my cart and go home. Then it hit me...I looked up Naproxin in my drug book and figured out that was what did it. I can take one or two of the coated Aleve now and as long as I don't take too many in one day they're not too bad - but I can't take the uncoated ones. I can take Motrin but it doesn't help the headaches like Aleve does! Aleve also helps the arthritis pain so I'm killing two birds with one stone so to speak!

They need to hire me to make a commercial!
Old 01-12-2003, 08:17 AM   #15  

All I can take is tylenol and it bothers my tummy sometimes...but they say if you aretaking it for body aches and not aheadache it should ot cause rebound headaches.

I am up 6 pounds so that is 1 over goal since I had 5 to play with and no Meme I'm not pregnant! (but I always look that way with my big tummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the only time I looked normal was when I was pregnant)

My reaction time is -10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! alot of the meds we are on cause this problem..............When I was on higher doses I fell everyday........but I had some fat to cushion me!

Good eating and walking so far hope to see a loss next week!
Closed Thread