Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team Summer Meltdown Chat Week 3 (06/13-06/19)

Bigmid
06-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Hi and Welcome to Week 3

We had some great losses this week and a lot of Freebies used as well.

We have 9 people with 1 Freebie left and we have 9 people with no Freebies left. Please watch that you are weighing in on time = 10pm AST

Our top 2 losers did not post in the chat thread so they are moved down the list. As the rules state you must post in the chat threads to be the biggest loser.

I still put everyone in the top 4 as it is a great accomplishment however chatting is all part of the challenges.

So a BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR BIGGEST LOSERS FOR THE WEEK

Biggest Loser:
Somni, -5lbs, -1.91%

Honorable Mentions:
Beck, -3.6lbs, -1.64%
ILRPinkGirl, -11lbs, -4.72%
CaitLA, -5.4lbs, -2.79%

Team Loss of -32.2lbs, -.42%

dream710
06-13-2011, 03:33 AM
Congrats Somni on being our biggest loser! To the runners up those are some impressive numbers! Keep up the hard work blue team. :cheer3::cheer3:

QuillysQuest
06-13-2011, 07:00 AM
OMG!!! WAY TO GO SOMNI!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!

Congrats to all of you who lost weight this week, fantastic job!! And those who didn't manage to lose, just remember today is a brand new day and there's no point in looking back! You are awesome and you will kill it this week!

Congrats to the whole blue team! 32 lbs! Yes!!!

GO BLUE!!

Beck
06-13-2011, 07:31 AM
Congrats Somni on being Biggest Loser this week and on your 5lb loss! To IRLPinkGirl and CaitLA- congratulations on your losses- 11lbs and 5.4lbs- WoW!!! Everyone else- congrats on your losses, and if you didn't lose or gained- jump right back up on that horse. You can do it!!

Good luck to everyone this week; stay focused, keep on track, eat well, and exercise!

One of my boys and I did the charity walk yesterday (7 miles) and completed it in 1 hr. 50 mins. I thought that was a pretty good time; I was counting on it taking longer because my son isn't the fastest walker, but he held his own. It was overcast, and it had rained early in the morning, but the rain held off for us. I preferred that weather to heat, so it worked out well. According to an online calculator, I burned approx. 855 calories on the walk. :carrot:

TOM has come and gone this week, so I hope I get a whoosh in the next couple of days.

Have a great week, Blue Team!

Somni
06-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Woo congrats to all the losers last week (woooo 32 lbs!), and good luck everyone this week!!

Beck I just noticed in your sig how much you've lost since you restarted earlier this year. WOW! What amazing progress. :) And congrats on a great walk!

I don't know how this week will turn out. I am getting 3 wisdom teeth out tomorrow. Not sure how that will affect this week, when I'll be up for activity again, etc. I'll do my best (while avoiding anything foolish hehe).

:cheer3: :cheer3:

Bigmid
06-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Morning team,

I just posted the results and the red team took it again this week. We have some catching up to do now. Let's show them what we are made of:)

Well just heading off to work so have a great OP day everyone.

I challenge everyone to write in the nutritution and exercise threads this week.

To start your exercise journal I also want you to do 25 push-ups and 25 sit-ups everyday. Of course you can modify these if needed.

Laura G
06-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Good morning Blue Team!
I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend, and is feeling in top form for our new week! I had a weekend camping trip and managed to stay POP! It was a huge NSV for me, since I had packed all kinds of junk food for DH and DD to munch on. - Well, ok, maybe not perfectly on plan, since my 2 yr old dd shoved (literally shoved) a cheesie in my mouth, and I couldn't spit it out and hurt her feelings. So I counted the carbs as part of my day's allowance, and still came in on budget. That was the best tasting cheesie in the world. She's so cute with wanting to share with mommy!
So, off to kick some red team butt! Hope everyone has a great day!

lad143
06-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Good Morning All!

So, we did not beat the red team again. Oh well, the team still posted a 32 pound loss. Unfortunately, I did not lose last week. I posted a +0.5 pound. I would have loved to use a freebie, but am holding on to that in case I am not able to weigh in one week.

Anyhow, last week was rather disappointing. I was as high was 179 after weighing in last week at 176.5. I ended the week at 177.0. I fell and hurt my leg at home on Wednesday - have been holding ice on my leg several times a day and taking tylenol for pain and swelling. That slowed down my progress, but I am not allowing myself to make excuses.

I am back on track and hoping for a big week this week.

Somni - Great job on being the biggest loser for the week. Here's hoping all goes well for you tomorrow. You may not be able to exercise, but you probably won't be eating too much either!!!

Beck - Wow! 7 miles! I am impressed. And to do it in less than 2 hours with a child?

Bigmid - I am loving the exercise journal idea. 25 sit-ups and 25 push-ups. Done for the day! Thanks so much!

Laura G - You may have had a cheesie, but just think, you only had 1. I allow myself some treats during the week - I just limit what I eat. Instead of a medium or large, I get a small or a child's size, etc. Way to go on just 1.

Narnia99
06-13-2011, 02:43 PM
:wave: everyone

Congratulations Somni for being our BL this week - WTG :cheer3:
Congratulations to Beck, Pinkgirl, and CaitLa as well :cheer:

I missed the weigh-in as I have been sick for the past 4 days. I feel a little better today but my stomach is still a bit queasy. I might try to do a light workout this afternoon, but I'll see how I am feeling later.

Beck - That's wonderful that you and your son completed the charity walk. Your time was great!

Somni - Good luck with getting your wisdom teeth removed.

Laura - Way to go staying on plan while camping!

Lad - I hope your leg heals quickly.

Amberelise
06-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi ladies!

Well, that was likely the biggest loss I'll see for the entire competition and I didn't make it in the top 4. Lol. Oh well, a loss is a loss! My eating habits were less than stellar this weekend, but not outright horrible. I kept busy, fit 3 workouts in and went to a fest yesterday where I did lots of walking! This morning the scaled reflected a minor loss so that is the good news.

I know that TOM should be coming very soon, though, so I'm preparing to see a little bit of a gain. I hate that, but about a week after TOM goes away it tends to woosh itself away. That's what the freebies are for, imo. :)

I've got a 3 day vacation to Boston coming up this weekend, though. I need to be really committed right now so that the scale keeps going in the right direction despite vacay! Wish me luck! Good luck to all of you.

And congrats to the big losers. I'm so jealous!

bnhtla06
06-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Congrats, Blue losers! Good luck this week. That Red team is going to be hard to beat.

I just got an arm thingy to help me track my calories in/out. I'm so excited to use it week! It's charging right now, but I'm planning to strap it on tonight for my workout.

abetterme
06-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Hey everyone!
Well yesterday I didn't work out. Instead I spent the day with my hubby and daughter at the mall. It was really fun since he has been working like a dog lately. He's back at work today and tonight though! Yesterday I had this Cajun chicken stuff at he food court and for my side I was proud that instead of the yummy rice I chose steamed veggies ( aka 1 broccoli and cabbage lol)
I just got a work out in luckily and feel great.
The past few days have been hard since my daughter is most likely going to cut teeth soon and she's been running a fever. I can't wait wait til they come in already!
Ok well off to spend the day with my daughter and hopefully get a nice walk in!

DrivenByAmbition
06-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Great job everyone, we can so win next week =o)

Soon2BFitChick
06-13-2011, 11:26 PM
Congrats to our Biggest Loser:
Somni, -5lbs, -1.91%

and also our Honorable Mentions:
Beck, -3.6lbs, -1.64%
ILRPinkGirl, -11lbs, -4.72%
CaitLA, -5.4lbs, -2.79%

That's greeeeat!!!!! :cb:

We are doing awesome!! Let's keep it going~~~~~ :woops:

Have a great Tuesday tomorrow!!!! And let's kick some Red team butt!!! :kickbutt:

Hugs!!! :hug:

Selina

Laura G
06-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Well, yesterday was a marvellous Monday, so here's to a terrific Tuesday!
Let's go Blue team, let's go!

Beck
06-14-2011, 10:34 PM
I just have to share a story of something that happened this evening...

I have a fabric addiction and made a trip to JoAnns for some things. I hadn't seen the clerk at the cutting table in a few months, and when she saw me she said, "I almost didn't recognize you. You're so (pause), uh, uh, tan!" I know she almost didn't recognize me because of the weight I've lost recently, not because of my skin tone (my color isn't much different than it was a few months ago), but I bet she couldn't think of how to put it nicely. Anyway- I took it as a compliment.

I had an on-plan day today. Tomorrow is busy; altering some clothing for a friend, then Thursday I'm volunteering at my kids' school (yay, only 7 more days of school, then my babies are home!!). Friday my mom is coming visit for a couple of days.

Stay on track, ladies!!!!!

Bigmid
06-15-2011, 02:24 AM
Hi everyone,
I hope you've had a good couple days. Sorry no personals right now I'm on the phone typing and I should be sleeping:)

Well I updated my exercise and nutrition journals and I have completed the sit up & push ups for yesterday and today:)

I'll chat with you tomorrow

Bigmid
06-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Wow where is everyone?

I'm just on lunch break at work and popped in to say hi. Not sure what kind of workout I'm doing today but my mini challenge was done before I came to work this morning.

Hope your all having a great day

bnhtla06
06-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Way to go, Beck. It's so rewarding to have others notice.

I'm not loving calorie counting. I feel like I spend all my time on this computer looking up nutritional information for all my recipes. I've skipped a few of my favorite just because it wouldn't be worth looking up all the ingredients. Don't know how long I'll be keeping this up. But I'm pushing hard with exercise this week, so hopefully I'll see a payoff on the scale Sunday.

KayakGal
06-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Hi Blue Team,
I hope you are all having a wonderful week. I am staying on plan so far.

bnhtla06- Calorie counting gets easier the more you do it. Once you get all of your recipes put it you will be able to do it in a couple minutes a day. Did you get a bodybugg?

Enjoy the rest of the week team!

abetterme
06-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Hey team,
Well i had an ok day today except when my hubby left my keys on top of his car. We drove away and the keys fell. When we got home we notice its missing since my key ring has the only house key! So while he retraces his steps for about an hour, my daughter and I went to our neighbor and asked him if he saw the keys and we hung out there. Luckily my husband actually found the keys but they had been run over a couple times! At least I didn't need the locksmith! And i worked out today so that was good.
oh what a day!! Lol

Laura G
06-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Good Thursday morning all!
I need to post my weight today since my normal wi day (tomorrow) I will be travelling to a funeral. Again, I've maintained. Sigh. Better than a gain, but why won't thedarn thing move?
Oh, and even though I'm Canadian, I've been a bruins fan since Cam Neely and Ray Borque - so Yay Boston!
Hope everyone has a great day!

Bigmid
06-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi I just finished my workout and now off to work. Did my 25 sit ups and push ups as well:)

Its a very rainy, cold day here today so did some workout DVD's instead of running.

Had a victory on the scale this morning but I hope it and some more are still gone by Sunday WI

Talk to you later.

bnhtla06
06-17-2011, 12:08 AM
bnhtla06- Calorie counting gets easier the more you do it. Once you get all of your recipes put it you will be able to do it in a couple minutes a day. Did you get a bodybugg?

I did get an armband monitor. Not the Bodybugg brand, but it's still pretty cool. I'm not sold on the calorie counting part (will keep trying for a while, though), but I'm loving the rest of it. It tracks how intense my workouts are, which has been very helpful. I did the elliptical trainer tonight and I felt like I was working just as hard as ever, but the monitor shows a lot fewer minutes in the "vigorous" range. I would never have guessed that. Now I know I have to step it up on the elliptical to get the same workout as the treadmill.

More than halfway to Sunday, team.
:cheer3: Keep up the good work!:cheer3:

Doragone
06-17-2011, 05:23 AM
Hi Blue Team!

Sorry I've been off the chat, my busy time of work - self-employed so a lot to do. I, too, am stuck but no gain. Need to get back to the cardio I've been slacking off of. And to drink more water. Sigh . . . onward, team!!!

Dora

Beck
06-17-2011, 07:14 AM
FRIDAY!!!!! I've needed the weekend since Monday morning; I'm so glad it's here. I did day one of 30 Day Shred yesterday and also week 2 day 1 of Couch to 5k. My knees feel it this morning, but other than that I feel great.

It's the final push to weigh-in day, ladies. Give it your all!

Somni
06-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Hi all, hope everyone has been having a good week. I've been lurking a lot but hadn't felt too chatty. :) The wisdom teeth came out on Tuesday and I've just been suuuuper tired. Recovery is going okay, so far, but I still have numbness in half of my chin and lower lip that is driving me nuts.

Okay this is kind of sad but I'm getting envious reading about all your workouts! I've never been an exercise-hater and all, but who would have thought I MISS the gym?! Hehe. :) The oral surgeon said I could start back to exercise on Sunday, which is just around the corner right? :p

myhaloisintheshop
06-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Weight loss has been such a struggle the last month. I haven't gained so that's a plus.

Im thinking about cutting calories a bit and see what happens. At my size I should be able to lose more than .5-1 lb a week.

Bigmid
06-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Hi, just a check in before work,

bbhtla06- just before you kill yourself on the elliptical.....the armbands don't measure a lot of vigourous(sp) on them. I can even walk fast and get vig numbers. I think it has more to do with impact sports as walking fast, running, cardio DVD, all give me vig and they do have some impact where as the elliptical there is no impact. Trust me you are still getting a great workout though. It will be hard to get the same results as on the treadmill though (as far as the reading on the armband goes) just look at the calorie burn instead for the workout results.

Dora - I hope you get a little time for yourself too:)

Beck - 30ds and running....look at you go:) watch the knees though.

Somni - Im glad you healing, that would suck having partial numbness still though. Happy exercising for Sunday.

myhalosintheshop - some people have had success in calorie cycling, high one day then a bit lower for a couple then a high again.

Well off to work have a great day everyone.

lad143
06-17-2011, 01:36 PM
I did get an armband monitor. Not the Bodybugg brand, but it's still pretty cool. I'm not sold on the calorie counting part (will keep trying for a while, though), but I'm loving the rest of it. It tracks how intense my workouts are, which has been very helpful. I did the elliptical trainer tonight and I felt like I was working just as hard as ever, but the monitor shows a lot fewer minutes in the "vigorous" range. I would never have guessed that. Now I know I have to step it up on the elliptical to get the same workout as the treadmill.

More than halfway to Sunday, team.
:cheer3: Keep up the good work!:cheer3:

What did you end up getting? I've been looking and would love feedback on your unit.

Amberelise
06-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Hi ladies. No loss this week, but no gain. That's because I skipped two workouts and ate like crap for a solid week. I have vacation in Boston this weekend, and then I KNOW I'll get back to the grindstone. I'm also going to start kicking it in gear with running in the evening. Sorry I didn't help us.

bnhtla06
06-18-2011, 12:41 AM
What did you end up getting? I've been looking and would love feedback on your unit.

I got a BodyMedia Fit. I didn't do any research, so I can't claim to know much about the other options. I had an expired membership with Jenny Craig and they offered me a deal to come back-upgrading to the BodyMedia was one of the options and I took it. This is my first week with it, so not much to report-except it's a lot of fun (aside from food journaling). It's really kept me motivated to exercise. It also tracks sleep patterns, which is neat. I can already see that I don't exercise as vigorously and I don't eat as well if I haven't had a good night's sleep. I went from 7 hrs to 5 hrs sleep the day before last and it was amazing how much it affected the rest of the day.

Bottom line: The armband doesn't do anything you couldn't do without it. You can track all this stuff without going high tech, but if you're lazy about tacking like me, and you're looking for some extra motivation it's great.

QuillysQuest
06-18-2011, 04:03 AM
Hello ladies,
I have been mostly lurking this week, because first I didn't have the time then I didn't have the energy to chat. I started off the week pretty well. I finally figured out a way to arrange my oddly shaped living room to maximize the space in order to more effectively use my Kinect. I was surprised that I actually got pretty decent, full workout with Your Shape: Fitness evolved for the first time.

I got the game for my birthday in the beginning of May, but after playing around with it a while, I wasn't sure it was going to be all that helpful, so I didn't bother with it, I just played the Dance Central game instead (which is also a workout, lemme tell ya!). But on Monday, after rearranging things, I got into my workout gear and gave it a serious try doing the full workout program, and I was definitely feeling it the next day.

Unfortunately, I didn't work out on Tuesday or Wednesday, even though I'd intended to, and then I got hit with a pretty bad cold on Wednesday night, so I've been pretty much just laying around aching for the last 3 days. :P It seems to be getting better this morning though, not aching so much now at least. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to working out again by Monday.

Still, I lost 3 lbs this week, so I'm pretty happy about that!! :) I NEVER lose that much weight in one week. For now, I'm going to ignore the fact that I have had no appetite for the last three days and claim it as a victory anyway. hehe :)

Good luck with all your weigh-ins!!

mumtoliam
06-18-2011, 04:28 AM
I have had plateaued since finishing the last biggest loser challenge... it the six weeks, I lost 100g, lost 200g, lost 100g, gained 100g, lost 200g, gained 500g!!!!! What is going on!!!! I have not been exercising as I was during the last challenge. I have had the flu/cold/sinus problems going on 9 weeks now!!! When I exercise and get my heartrate up, I start coughing which leads into a coughing fit, which can induce bladder leakage. I have a PT group but it meets on a night, and when I go, I end up freshening up my cold... and my chesty cough gets worse. Its Winter here. Can you suggest some gentle exercises that I could do?

abetterme
06-19-2011, 12:49 AM
Hey everyone,
I hope everyone does well with their WI tomorrow. I am nervous about mine because since the challenge has started I have not lost that much weight at all. I have been keeping up on my workouts really well, but I might need to reduce my calorie intake if the scale doesn't go down some tomorrow morning. I just want to be out of the 170's already!
Good luck, ladies!

Bigmid
06-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Good Sunday Morning,

Im off to work but just wanted to pop in and say hello and I hope everyone remembers to WI today. I might be a little late doing totals as I want to get a workout in once I get home from work.

Please make sure you WI by 10pm AST as I have to watch for that when doing totals.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day. I think I even see the sun trying to peek out a tiny bit here. Lots of rain lately.

NancyO
06-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Hey all, Hope everyone's having a great day so far. Had a decent week, but it's my TOM so I didn't lose anything. :( Hopefully next week will be a good loss, especially since I've decided to start tracking what I eat again. I think that's the key for me. When I track I lose, but as soon as I stop tracking I stop losing.

brizza
06-19-2011, 08:16 PM
wow its being such a hard week, for example I had a freebie last week and instead of lossing i gained 2 LBS!!! and this week I try exercise but I couldnt as much as the first week... Gosh at least i made it to the weight in..
I'm happy that Im in the ONEDERLAND!!!!!! OMG I HAD NEVER BEEN THIS WEIGHT BEFORE and im excited to keep on going...

hopefully this week will be better than this past weeks...
Im not gonna give up... even though my knee is hurting from a problem i had in the past thats not going to be an excuse
at least i can eat right if i cant exercise !!!!

Bigmid
06-19-2011, 10:35 PM
:carrot:brizza - :cheer2:WOOHOO onederland:cheer2: that's awesome

don't forget everyone you havve 25min left to WI, there are still a lot of you missing.