Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team Summer Meltdown Chat Thread Week 3 (6/13-6/19)

shan84
06-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Let's get going on Week 3. Results tomorrow morning.

shan84
06-13-2011, 01:14 AM
2 planned freebies used, and 7 not planned freebie allocated.

Results soon.

Hope everyone gets week 3 off to a great start.

shan84
06-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Week Two Results

Total lbs and percentage lost: -42.3lbs, -.54%

Biggest Loser:
Dog Rescue Mama -9.3lbs, -5.31% :cheer: :celebrate: :congrat:

Honorable Mentions:
K3LL3Y -3.69lbs, -1.91% :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
LongTallBee -5.6lbs, -2.26% :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Bigmid
06-13-2011, 11:08 AM
CONGRATULATIONS RED TEAM for winning the week 2 challenge.

Looks like weve got some catching up to do:)

Great job everyone.

K3LL3Y
06-13-2011, 11:49 AM
:cheer: Congratulations Dog Rescue Mama :cheer: :congrat:

WAY TO GO RED TEAM! NICE WEEK 2!

Hey, I got an honorable mention:eek::cool:

Dog Rescue Mama
06-13-2011, 12:00 PM
I feel like a cheater and don't think i should have won. My start weight was from when i signed up and i missed the week before. I didn't loose all that in 1 week. Heck last week was even myy TOM week ugg. I kinda feel like i stripped someone of a title for the week.

Rated
06-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Congratulations Dog Rescue Mama. Don't feel guilty, You should feel proud of yourself and use it as motivation to see if you can do it again:)

K3LL3Y - Good job getting an honorable mention! I plan on working my butt off this week to see if I can get one

CourtneyDaisey
06-13-2011, 01:52 PM
GOOD AFTERNOON RED TEAM!!!!

Well done to Dog Rescue Mama and our honorable mentions! :cheer: And to the entire red team for winning week 2! So...we've won two weeks in a row! Nice work! But don't get complacent! Keep on moving that butt-er!!!! :woops:

I just did 2 miles on the office elliptical and did a little bit of lower body work on the weight machines.

Kendrab1223
06-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Congrats to everyone for winning week 2!

HMM3
06-13-2011, 03:20 PM
yeah for us :)

Don't feel guilty Dog Rescue mum ... 9 pounds is a massive effort for 2weeks ....:carrot::carrot:

I've been crazy busy at work and this is taking its toll on diet and exercise .... I'm going to get back on track today ...

ggmugsy
06-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Congratulations to all of our biggest losers and to everybody else who showed a loss this week! GREAT JOB!

Had a difficult weekend. My youngest child graduated from high school. (Big alligator tears.) Lots of eating out. Lucky I maintained. Kids are now with their father (400 miles away) so I'm home alone. It's very quiet here.

Good news is I have a new TV show to exercise to! It's called "Anna and Kristina's Grocery Bag." They review recipe books and kitchen gadgets, and are a hoot to watch. I record their shows on the OWN network in the wee hours of the morning. Makes spending time on the Treadclimber less boring.

My goal this week is to avoid all alcohol, stay on plan, exercise at least 6 days this week, and drink 3L of water daily.

Hope everybody has a great day!

rainbowsmiles
06-13-2011, 04:18 PM
way to go BiG RED :cheer: you can make it a 3 week win effort!!
kudos to everyone working so hard!!

peanutt
06-13-2011, 07:23 PM
WTG team!! Congrats to the biggest losers on our team!

Angie
06-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Congratulations Dog Rescue Mama!!

I'm getting in lots of exercise, and staying within my calorie limits, but my nutrition this week just sucks for air! Got to do better....

Rated
06-13-2011, 11:39 PM
I just had such a bad day today. I was doing okay and then I just had the biggest binge (chips, cookies and ice cream cake). I regretted it immediately after I finished and even while I was eating it all I was thinking that I should stop but I just couldn't. Oh well back on track tomorrow. Hope everyone else is having a better day.

Shay
06-14-2011, 09:07 AM
Congrats everyone! I need to get off my behind this week. I have been slacking when it comes to exercise. I will go to yoga today, personal training tomorrow, and my abs class on Friday. I will attempt to get two additional days in.

K3LL3Y
06-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
Happy Tuesday, I hope you are having much better weather then I'm seeing here. Very raining and cloudy and cold for June.
I'm happy to report I'll be flying to Sunny California first thing tomorrow morning so I'll get to miss most of this gloom. So, sorry if I am MIA for a few days but I will be back on Sunday for our weigh in. Wish me luck on my trip to the desert. There will be a bit of hiking and a lot of walking involved.

Have a great week, get all your exercise in and stay on top of our good nutrition goals :)

MiZTaCCen
06-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Congrats to Dog Rescue Mama!!!! As well as K3ll3y and LongTallBee!

HMM3
06-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Hi all,

It is already Wednesday here in New Zealand ....my mil/fil ... are coming on the weekend ... there city won't stop shaking and it is all getting a bit much .... so a busy week ahead ...

Last night after a bad day at work all I wanted to do was veg out on the couch .... but I forced myself to the gym and did the elliptical .... said I would see how it goes but at least do 20 minutes ..... managed to do 45 ... I never regret going to the gym .... even though it is hard to get there sometimes ....

Take care everyone ..... Go RED .... :cheer::cheer:

ggmugsy
06-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Hey everybody! I had a great day yesterday - biked 26.5 miles. Will be looking for a new bike seat today - my tush is NOT happy with me. I'm waiting for TOM. Hurry up already and let's get this over with! lol

Big thumbs up to all of you that are working out even when it's either inconvenient, you don't feel like it, or BOTH! :)

Have a great day!

CourtneyDaisey
06-15-2011, 02:02 PM
GOOD AFTERNOON RED TEAM!!!

Happy Hump Day to all! So, we're halfway to another weigh in. How are you all doing?

Me? Well...just look at my food journal. I've royally screwed up Monday and Tuesday. But I am back on track today and feeling more motivation than I have felt in 4 months! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I have also decided to set myself a goal of losing 100 pounds in 1 year. So, by next June I want to be looking slim, trim, and fit! I'll be jobless then so I am hoping that will give me an edge in finding a new career. Not just another stupid job, but a cereer that I will be able to have until I retire! :D That's my plan! When I get home tonight I plan to blog about my plans. And after I reach that goal, I am going to give myself a big reward! I'll not share those details yet, but it will be something that will benefit my whole family. And no...it's not a vacation to Disneyworld...as much fun as that would be. :)

So go move butt-er, get healthy, and have a rockin' awesome Wednesday!!!!!

HMM3
06-15-2011, 02:58 PM
GGMugsy ... 26.5 miles! .. that's great:carrot: ... do you bike on the road? Bike seats and me have never get on!

Courtneydaisy ... good luck with the career plans ... Sometimes a bad day or two can lead to better motivation ...

My trainer went through my new programme last night ... hmmm ... there is some different exercises for me there ...

Good luck all ..

shan84
06-16-2011, 08:32 AM
Wow its getting quiet on here lately. Hope everyone is doing good.

I've been super busy this week with work stuff. The bf finally called after 9 days no contact because he was hiking the Himalayan mountains in Nepal. 25 days until we meet up home in the states. So excited! Lots to do between now and then.

Trying to stay on plan but exercise hasn't been awesome this week. Hope to use the next few days to catch up and get busy with it.

CourtneyDaisey
06-16-2011, 08:50 AM
It's definitely been quiet around here. Where'd everyone go? hopefully you're all at the gym getting fit and in shape! :D

Have an awesome Thursday!!!!!

MiZTaCCen
06-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Good morning ladies! It's a wonderful rainy thursday haha. I now have no excuse not to hit the gym since I was fired from my part time job. lol Yes it is a funny matter, no I'm not bothered by it because I still have my full time regular job which means more time to myself and still having a source of income! I go back home in a few weeks to visit, I really want to be down to at least 150 sure it's only 5 pounds away but 5 pounds sometimes is a difficult number to come off! anyways hope everyone has had a wonderful week!

ggmugsy
06-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Courtney - Congratulations on finding your motivation and setting a long term goal! I need to get back on track logging my calories. I'm using myfitnesspal.com, what method are you using?

HMM3 - I bike on paved bike trails. One of them runs along a river, and the other one is an old, abandoned train track that was converted to a bike trail. I don't like riding in traffic. My workout buddy wants to do 30 miles tomorrow, but my tush is still sore from Tuesday! I have a new, wider, bike seat and will be making adjustments to it tonight. I'm hoping for a more comfortable ride tomorrow.

Shan - Hiking in Nepal sounds very romantic and adventurous. Totally cool! I've never been to that section of the world. I'm glad you heard from your bf. How many days left until you are back in the US?

My son graduating, and going to visit his father has really thrown me off base. (Truth - I'm totally depressed - I have being alone at home all day long!) The weather here has been terrible, and my weight is up thanks to excessive salt intake and TOM around the corner. Grrrrr.

I've been exercising, but need to get back on track logging my calories TODAY! I need to handle these "emotional upsets" more constructively.

Stay on plan TODAY. Then deal with tomorrow. One day at a time.

SMSDREAMER2007
06-16-2011, 06:12 PM
IM HERE!!!! unfortunately so is my weight...my scale is all wonky. I cant get a reading right Time for a new scale. The DAY after it CONTINUOUSLY read 267...it read 277 and has been fluctuating between the two for the past 2 weeks WTH???? Sigh. Gonna just average it for the weight in I thin. Its annoying!

shan84
06-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Courtney- How's your treadmill time at work going?

MizTaz- Good luck with your 5 lb goal. You can do it!!

ggmugsy- I'll be back in the states in 23 days, which means 24 days until I see my bf. It's been almost two months that he has been gone already. So excited for our three week vacation together in July. I always have issues with my mood and weight depending on the weather. So strange. Hang in there. Way to go on your exercise!

SMS-I hate wonky scales too. Mine is in kg so I have to google the conversion to lbs every time I weigh in. Haha. kg scale is nicer to see than lbs though because it shows a much lower number...until i do the conversion. haha.

Hope everyone else is having a good week.

Rainbowsmiles (Susan)- Where are you? What's going on in your neck of the woods?

rainbowsmiles
06-17-2011, 08:24 AM
hi shan, i'm here when i can be. not much going on. still selling things i can live without, so proud of the red team!! they continue to get stronger and stronger and thats so amazing!! i love this team! :cheer:
we are the stronger losers!! :strong:

CourtneyDaisey
06-17-2011, 09:08 AM
GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!

Happy Friday to all! This day is going to be insane because it's the monthly sales meeting day at work. No treadmill time at work today. :( I'll be surrounded by our salesfolks asking me questions all day.

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

OhMyDogs
06-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Hi everyone, so sorry for my...absence the last little while. We had inlaws visiting from 1/2 a country away, which sent me spiraling off plan (but I kept up my running at least). Which is why I took my Freebie last week. I am only just back on plan today, but I am hoping that by Sunday I'll at least be where I was at my last weigh in.

CourtneyDaisey
06-17-2011, 02:10 PM
ggmugsy - OMG! I decided today to try myfitnesspal.com and see where my food was for the day. Even though I thought that overall I'd made wise choices today, I already have eaten the majority of the calories that I should take in today! Holy moly! I only have 63 calories left for dinner tonight! I had no clue! This explains a few things for me. Thanks for recommending that site. I am going to be making use of it!

Bette k
06-17-2011, 07:22 PM
HI Red Team,
It hasn't been the greatest week for me, I was planning to spend at least 20 minutes a day on the elliptical but only managed one day. TOM hit me hard on Tuesday with cramps and migraines. My gyn told me last year I should be done with that, but while it isn't regular it does come. My garden is weedy because it is raining too much to do any work in it. The weather report is for rain every day this coming week. I feel for those people in Western Iowa, Eastern Nebraska and that area who are dealing with huge floods. While I'm high enough to not be effected by flooding I have seen what damage it has caused in my part of Iowa in years past.
I haven't had internet access all week, just got the problem solved this afternoon, so haven't been able to keep up but I want to offer congrats to all our losers the past couple of weeks. GREAT JOB!!!!!
Have a great weekend
Bette K

erin9598
06-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Wow, only three pages of chat. I thought I would have missed out on a lot already this week. I am not quite sure why I haven't been making it on here more. It seems like the days are flying by, but I look back and feel like I haven't done much. I am still pretty frustrated with the scale, although this morning was under my lower weight so far. Even if it was only by .2 pounds I am going to celebrate cause it is movement in the right direction. I was actually up five pounds early in the week so I am not sure what was up. I am glad it is gone before weigh in so now I just have to concentrate on continuing in the same direction. Some days this challenge is the only thing that keeps me going right now. When I think of cheating I realize there are only so many more days until weigh in, haha.

kris2008
06-18-2011, 12:37 AM
Congrats to Dog Rescue Mama! Good results!

Erin - Same for me. I don't mind letting myself down at WW on Thursdays but I do everything possible to get the pounds down for Sunday weigh-in! Don't want to let everyone down.

I've totally been in a what's the use mode lately! I'm getting older, just give it up and give in already! I know the depressed part of me would be greatly improved by eating better, working out, setting and reaching goals. Just have to put that one foot in front of the other and just do it!

Poor little me - I hate whiners. Sorry guys.

kris2008
06-18-2011, 09:56 AM
Nothing like a good night's sleep and early Saturday morning strategy session! Mapping out goals for the summer - got a plan in place for eating healthy, stengthening this body, enjoying life, having a productive fun summer! Our life minutes are just ticking away. Might as well be mindful of each minute that we have, create the life you want to live! No regrets!

CourtneyDaisey
06-18-2011, 10:34 AM
GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!!

Kris - Congrats on making a plan! :cheer: That always help me too!

Do you all know what today is? LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!! Remember, we face the scale tomorrow! Do we want to be disappointed or pleased? This is our last chance to burn off that butt-er and get rid of that excess food intake that we might have slipped into our diets during the week!

I did pretty well last night at the bar with my dad's band. We ordered philly nachos and medium chicken wings. I only ate 3 wings and 6 nachos. And I drank water instead of margaritas! :cheer:

Rated
06-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Courtney- Good job resisting temptation at the bar! I would find that so tough with all the food and drinks in front of me

I have done a really bad job with my food this week. I was eating too many calories for the first half I didn't gain any weight but the scale didn't move. Then Friday I weight myself and I was down but now I weighed myself today and I am right back where I was at the begining of the week. I am frusterated since I got my eating under control lost some weight but then went right back up again. Good luck to everyone with their last chance workouts

CourtneyDaisey
06-19-2011, 09:35 AM
GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!

Rated - Thanks! :) It wasn't easy but I did hold off some at the bar. I really wanted a margarita though but behaved and stuck with water.

It's weigh in day!!!! Time to face that scale! I showed a gain from last week. I gained 2.4 pounds. But, I am not upset about it at all. I didn't eat the healthiest of things at the beginning of the week and my Midweek Scale Peek put me right back at 253.4, so to see 249.8 this morning made me feel great! I didn't expect it to be that low. I am expecting better numbers next week now that my head's 100% into what I am doing too! Here's to next week!!!!! :cheer:

ggmugsy - THANK YOU for recommending MyFitnessPal!!!! I love that little site! I even downloaded their app so I can track stuff on my phone! It's fantastic!!!! :hug:

shan84
06-19-2011, 10:25 AM
I did my last chance workout today. I walked to the next city and back. I was gone from 11am to 6pm. Granted we did stop for lunch in the town before we walked back but it was a healthy one! Good luck to everyone as we weigh in today.

bethbeth
06-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Wahoo, weigh in day! Can we win again? :cheer:

rainbowsmiles
06-19-2011, 10:42 PM
go red :cheer: good luck :lucky:

shan84
06-20-2011, 12:22 AM
New threads will be posted overnight. Sorry for the delay.