Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 6/13 - 6/19

Diana3271
06-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

mzKiki
06-12-2011, 10:32 PM
I had a really great week last week hope to have another this week.
Weigh in's Mon, Wed & Fri
Planning to do Zumba 2 days & walking and the elliptical for 3 Along with my goal of 64 ounces of water daily.

berryblondeboys
06-12-2011, 10:37 PM
I really, really hope this week I see the one hundreds. I'm not holding my breath as I've been holding fluids, but it 'could' happen. Regardless, I plan to be on point all week and being great with the exercise too!

darius
06-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Disastrous weekend, I am 3 pounds heavier monday morning (It is monday morning here in japan). I returned from my morning c25k jog/walk for 5 km and I was 2 pounds lighter, but that was just water and by tonight it could all be on again. I resolve to do better this week and especially this coming weekend.

ShyHeather
06-12-2011, 10:58 PM
I hope this week I can stay focused and make the scale move in my favor! Goal to lose 1lb this week. That's it. Just one simple pound, and eat healthier and exercise more. Good luck everyone. :hug:

Pint Sized Terror
06-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Today was a great start to the week, but I ended up not eating enough. A lot of what we did today was outside in the heat and I just wasn't hungry.

Total calories was between 1100 and 1250. I swam with the kids for an hour and then played Just Dance 2 for an hour and a half. According to my heart rate and calorie monitor, I burned a little over 800 calories during Just Dance.

Tomorrow I'm going to weigh in for the first time in a while. Not looking forward to it. :p

CameraShy
06-13-2011, 12:05 AM
So glad I can no longer smell the hamburgers and hot dogs my husband grilled today. I am on a very strict detox diet (day 8) and today for dinner has been the hardest for me yet. I should say my family's dinner. I actually went into the kitchen and put a piece of pepper jack cheese in my mouth, chewed it and spit it out. Then I felt completely guilty about it. I seriously have been fantasizing about binging. I am very faithful on any diet I have ever been on. I just feel very deprived on this diet. Glad it is almost time for bed. I can put this day behind me and pray that tomorrow is a better day.

Pint Sized Terror
06-13-2011, 12:22 AM
CameraShy, I generally stay away from ANY diet labeled detox or that makes me feel deprived and hungry. I nearly always end up binging. Plus, it SUCKS. I hate how grouchy and hungry I feel. Is this diet just to cut down on carbs and sugar? What's detoxing about it? (If you don't mind me asking)

melni
06-13-2011, 12:26 AM
Did day 2 of 30DS today. So sore, but I definitely felt better afterwards. Also had some frozen yogurt today. One of the first sweets I've had in about 2 weeks. Amazing how sweets taste SO much sweeter after not eating them for a while. Plus, it wasn't that many calories. Score!

Good luck everyone! :)

iamerican
06-13-2011, 12:33 AM
Diana: I did TF 55EZ. I did TF back in Nov and Dec and I LOVED it as well. So much fun. However, I probably haven’t done any since then and it was definitely harder today. Plus, I modified a bit since it was early and didn’t want my jumping and such to wake up the people in the apt below me :0

Isabella: Nice job planning your meals for this week. I hope that goes well for you. Keep us updated.

Melissa: RUNNING! That is fantastic! Great job!

Darius: We all have bad weeks. You are doing good on your working out it seems! Keep it up and hopefully this week will be great.

CameraShy: I agree with PintSized. Detoxs frankly suck. Especially for 8 days. Its awesome that you were able to be so strict and keep up with it, but that is so hard. Depriving myself oftens ends up in a binge for me. Hopefully you are more in control.

THis weekend was alright. I have my third weigh-in tomorrow. We will see how that goes. I am hoping for a couple pound lost. But I might have some water retention tonight. I made english muffin pizzas tonight. I was CRAVING pizza and it was a nice healthy alternative. Hoping for a great on plan week. HOpe everyone had a great weekend.

Larry H
06-13-2011, 12:37 AM
Pint - Great avatar!!:carrot: You look great!!:carrot::carrot:

An on plan day today. Filet Mignon minus the Bacon wrap, Corn on the cob, Homemade low sodium mashed potatoes for lunch which is our big meal of the day. For dinner I made up a low sodium low fat goulash with no salt added stewed tomatoes, no salt added canned mushrooms and italian spices also had fresh strawberries on the side. Had no sugar added 1/2 fat Breyers vanilla Ice cream with 0 calorie Walden Farms chocolate sauce for an evening snack. Total today is 1132 and sodium is a LOW 729!! :D:carrot::D

I have been moving boxes out of our back screen room all day to our storage shed in preparation for heading North to Albany, New York for our grandson's high school graduation. I am not sure what that counts for as exercise but it was 95 degrees with bright sun all the time.

I got busy and did not weigh today but suspect I am still at 233.

Larry,

CameraShy
06-13-2011, 12:37 AM
CameraShy, I generally stay away from ANY diet labeled detox or that makes me feel deprived and hungry. I nearly always end up binging. Plus, it SUCKS. I hate how grouchy and hungry I feel. Is this diet just to cut down on carbs and sugar? What's detoxing about it? (If you don't mind me asking)

I don't mind you asking. I haven't eaten right in about 8 years. I felt that I needed a complete body cleanse (including organs) since I started having some health problems. I actually am not grouchy and hungry amazingly. It is just that I am around others that are eating all the other food that I used to eat. Getting out of that mind set of putting anything in your mouth that your want at any time is hard. I hope that today was just a lapse and it doesn't happen again. This is the first time I have tried anything like this. I felt I needed a jump start to getting healthy and chose this route. Will I do it again? That remains to be seen.

mamakat
06-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Good morning everyone,
I was contemplating on whether or not I would keep posting. I thought I'd try doing a week with New Plan and if it worked come back. I feel like a (hmm, can't think of word...not a failure) It's just everyone here is trying so hard which is quite inspirational, me on the other hand, hasn't really been eating properly and exercise is iffy at best.
But then I thought I was posting during that time and truly getting benefit by reading everyone's ups and downs that I thought if I'm really going to try a Plan that I should share my ups and downs with it. Maybe I could inspire someone...IDK.
All though I plan to start today, I am going to call doctor(Hematologist) as I think I've become sick again. If I am exercise restricted at least counting the calories or sticking to plan should help me to stay put or lose some weight. I think I've allowed being sick to get in my way too long. I also think that if I changed things up I might speed up my recovery...but I don't know if that's a true factor or not. We'll have to see what doctor says.
So today I start at 255.6 and hope to see a change of weight by next Monday. I will keep you posted. :)

Diana3271
06-13-2011, 08:16 AM
Good Morning! :wave: Let's make the most of this week!

Weigh In: 145
Up: .6 Gotta love TTOM, right? NOT! ;)

I'll be back in a little while.

berryblondeboys
06-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Ugh, I'm up AGAIN on the scales - another .4. Really not nice when I'm not overeating and I'm exercising - GRRRR! Darn TTOM! (Which is now gone, so it can take it's water weight with it!)

Pint Sized Terror
06-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Weighed in at 161.4lbs today. However, yesterday I wore a pair of size 10 shorts that I couldn't even get buttoned 2-3 weeks ago. So despite being so much heavier, I am apparently not gaining in inches. :D

Last night I ended up eating a small slice of pizza. I had room in my calories, so I went for it. :)

For breakfast today I had an egg in a basket, which is 1 slice of whole wheat toast (50cal), 1 egg, and 1/2 T of butter. I cut a hole in the bread and toast it in the 1/2 T of butter, then put an egg in the middle. It's very very good, and not all that bad for me! It came out to a little over 200 calories.

Lunch is going to be Subway. I'll get my usual, which is he 6" turkey sub and a bottle of water.

Dinner is not planned right now. I'll probably eat leftovers, but I'm not sure yet. Hubby hasn't made up his mind.:rolleyes: LOL

RachaelJ
06-13-2011, 10:20 AM
The weekend:
Saturday 06/11
B: 1/2Cup Bran flakes with whole Banana
L: Turkey Sandwich, pickle slice, spinach dip with chips
D: McDonald's 6 Piece Happy Meal with HI-C organge
Water: 100 ounces
Excercise: 35 minutes walking

Sunday 06/12
B: Watermelon & Pinepple fruit Salad
L: Turkey Sandwich, 1/4 cup craisins
D: Pork Tenderloin, Rice & Corn
Drink: Orange Juice & Vodka (at the sports bar for the NBA finals)
Excercise: None

Monday morning weigh in: 153

Down 2 pounds from last week.

I'm feeling okay. I actually slipped into some pants that I haven't worn in a while and they are looser in the waist and thighs. I was told yesterday they can see my weight loss in my tummy and legs.:carrot:

Looks like everyone needs motivation this week. Goodluck to everyone. I've slacked with my journaling so I'll be working on that this week. Hugs to everyone!:hug:

zoodoo613
06-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Up, up, up. Yesterday morning, after a total glut on Saturday, was 201.0. I didn't eat well yesterday, but I also just didn't eat much, around 1100. I was exhausted and just wasn't feeling well. No matter, I was up again, to 202.2 . I just need to haul myself back on track, which I seem to be having trouble doing. Already started out the day with a big breakfast. I told my son I'd take him to get whatever he wanted for breakfast, and ended up getting myself a breakfast sandwich as well. Maybe I'll try to go easy with lunch.

Vixsin
06-13-2011, 11:54 AM
The weekend:
10 189.2 -.2 30 min run/walk
11 190.0 +.8 approx. 2 hours of out dancing
12 192.0 +2. 20 min run/incline walk
13 193.6 +1.6

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I realized that I was pretty stressed last week about my sons afterschool program and a money issue I have going on with them. I also realized that while it wasn't terrible, I was rather snacky in the evenings last week. I attribute that to being tired and lack of energy and focus for much of anything. I slacked on logging my stuff in myfitnesspal. I slacked on a LOT of things. And all of that comes to an end, right now. :high:

I feel like I am coming out of a month long haze. My desk is looking better at work. My house is getting cleaner and more organized. Now it's time to get things back rolling in the eating and exercising department. The boy is having leftover spaghetti tonight for supper and I am going to have a mahi mahi fillet and I'm going to make some steamed baby carrots and possibly some pea pods. I am planning on a run tonite after Maxwell goes to bed. Shooting for 30 full mins of running.

I am changing my June goal to get back to my low of 188.2. While I am thinking that most of my recent gains are water-related, I still feel the strong urge to bring in the reigns a bit. I need to get myself back to my SUPER clean eating and planned meals. When my meals are planned, it takes the "me wandering around the kitchen aimlessly snacking because im hungry" OUT of the equation. I am also committing to my cardio workouts 3x a week and I am going to work on incorporating more strength work. For right now, I am looking at push ups, tri dips, squats, twists, and side bends.

I have also decided to chop my hair tonight. I've had long hair FOREVER!!! I've been looking at old pictures of myself from the thinner days and from the fatter days and I noticed that 1 thing has stayed the same through it all....my hair. I like to grow my hair LOOOOONG and then I inevitably end up wearing it in a ponytail everyday or I wear it another way where it's pulled up in the front and left long in the back. I decided this morning that it's time for me. I guess today is makeover day. It's time for a new hair style. I don't want it ridiculously long anymore because I am NO longer trying to hide behind my hair. I want to be seen now and I don't need all of this hair trying to cover me up and divert the attention away from my weight. I will take a pic of me in the chair and I'll post the after pic. I am really excited. I haven't told a single person, well...except for all of YOU now. LOL But nobody in my offline life knows that i am going to do this, not even Maxwell. I just decided it this morning that I needed a different look. I'm excited! Yay for Me Time!!!!

Can't wait to keep these fires of focus burning! Who's with me? :cheer2:

jomatho
06-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi everyone! Quick check in for me. My scale keeps hovering at 184.4, not my lowest, but pretty happy with it. This was a weird weight loss cycle for me so far. My body must really be changing. So far for June I have lost about 5 pounds (give or take), so not sure I will lose a lot more the next couple weeks.
I am having a shorts crisis. My bum around shorts are fine, I have some t-shirt cotton cargo type shorts that fit well, but when I want to go out and wear some nicer shorts, I look like a child wearing moms clothing. It's bad. Matter of fact, I am feeling pretty frumpy in all of my clothes lately. My jeans aren't going to last much longer either, ugh! I know, a good problem to have, but don't feel like shopping right now.
Today is the only day this week we don't have games, appointments or events to attend, so it will be my cook, clean and catch up on laundry day so I am not behind the rest of the week :dizzy:. Oh, and my weeds are taunting me, like they are laughing at me saying "we're back :devil:!!!" :lol: Gotta go get some stuff done around here, catch you all later!

jomatho
06-13-2011, 12:33 PM
The weekend:
10 189.2 -.2 30 min run/walk
11 190.0 +.8 approx. 2 hours of out dancing
12 192.0 +2. 20 min run/incline walk
13 193.6 +1.6

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I realized that I was pretty stressed last week about my sons afterschool program and a money issue I have going on with them. I also realized that while it wasn't terrible, I was rather snacky in the evenings last week. I attribute that to being tired and lack of energy and focus for much of anything. I slacked on logging my stuff in myfitnesspal. I slacked on a LOT of things. And all of that comes to an end, right now. :high:

I feel like I am coming out of a month long haze. My desk is looking better at work. My house is getting cleaner and more organized. Now it's time to get things back rolling in the eating and exercising department. The boy is having leftover spaghetti tonight for supper and I am going to have a mahi mahi fillet and I'm going to make some steamed baby carrots and possibly some pea pods. I am planning on a run tonite after Maxwell goes to bed. Shooting for 30 full mins of running.

I am changing my June goal to get back to my low of 188.2. While I am thinking that most of my recent gains are water-related, I still feel the strong urge to bring in the reigns a bit. I need to get myself back to my SUPER clean eating and planned meals. When my meals are planned, it takes the "me wandering around the kitchen aimlessly snacking because im hungry" OUT of the equation. I am also committing to my cardio workouts 3x a week and I am going to work on incorporating more strength work. For right now, I am looking at push ups, tri dips, squats, twists, and side bends.

I have also decided to chop my hair tonight. I've had long hair FOREVER!!! I've been looking at old pictures of myself from the thinner days and from the fatter days and I noticed that 1 thing has stayed the same through it all....my hair. I like to grow my hair LOOOOONG and then I inevitably end up wearing it in a ponytail everyday or I wear it another way where it's pulled up in the front and left long in the back. I decided this morning that it's time for me. I guess today is makeover day. It's time for a new hair style. I don't want it ridiculously long anymore because I am NO longer trying to hide behind my hair. I want to be seen now and I don't need all of this hair trying to cover me up and divert the attention away from my weight. I will take a pic of me in the chair and I'll post the after pic. I am really excited. I haven't told a single person, well...except for all of YOU now. LOL But nobody in my offline life knows that i am going to do this, not even Maxwell. I just decided it this morning that I needed a different look. I'm excited! Yay for Me Time!!!!

Can't wait to see the new do! I have been toying with the idea of getting a good amount of hair cut off too.

mamakat
06-13-2011, 12:43 PM
OMG! 8 miles in 30 mins (recumbant bike). I'm sweating! I still have to arms but I wanted to shout it to someone :)

MzJuicyD
06-13-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm so close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 This morning the scale told me i weighed 260.8!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so close to the 250s i can taste it!

Jomo
06-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Hello everyone,

Weighed in this morning at 164, so I continue to lose. I can't believe that this is my third week at it and I don't feel like I am dieting. I think that it is my mindset. I guess I was just ready to change my intake.

My big problem is the exercise. I need to get motivated to do more (or at least something!).

I have felt burned out from two very busy years of working on a huge project that had taken up all of my personal time after work. Now that the project is over, I just feel like I need to rest and recharge my batteries. I'm sure that exercising would actually give me MORE energy. Reading how all of you are doing gives me inspirations. Thanks again....

I can hardly wait to get my ticker!!!

K9Owner
06-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Hi all
I’ve had a :censored: weekend with the last of the birthdays—my mom’s was yesterday.
I’ve also worked this weekend (Fri & Sat nite). My MDs appt Fri went well, and I left with a megadose Rx of antibiotic for the infection I have. My Total Cholesterol level was 112—well below the desirable range of < 200. I don’t really have a family history of heart disease, but I do have diabetes, high blood pressure, and stroke in my family.

I am completely off plan in every way. I took my K9s for a short 1 mile walk last night at the park. Still not functioning at max capacity in the exercise department.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I pretty much ate what I wanted and didn’t count my cals very well. With just what I did count, each day was over 1800 cals—waaaay over my 1300 limit.

Glad it’s Monday—no work until Saturday/Sunday of this week. Time for massive house chores and re-stocking my cupboard with SBD goodies.

Mamakat: I feel your concern with wanting to quit. I’ve thought similar things recently. But, I really want these last 12 lbs gone and this thread in particular has been the backbone of keeping me accountable—not only to myself, but also to a group of very supportive people. It’s so much easier to quit and give up, but try to hang in there to get yourself past these feelings of pure emotion.

I love the lady’s signature that states:
Being fat is hard
Being on a diet is hard
Being in maintenance is hard
Choose your hard!

K9Owner
06-13-2011, 01:37 PM
I'm so close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 This morning the scale told me i weighed 260.8!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so close to the 250s i can taste it!
:cb: You Geaux Girl!!! :cb:

Diana3271
06-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Darius Today is a new day. You can make this a better week for you. You have the power to make the choices.

Shyheather Eat a little better and move a little more. That's what it's all about!

Pint I love your new avatar, very pretty. Are you still doing P90? You could be losing inches from that program.

CameraShy I hope today is a better day for you.

Melni Congrats on getting through day 2 of 30 DS. I agree, that sweets taste sweeter if you have't had them in a while.

IAmerican TF 55 EZ is a fun one! I love all the Fires. This week I will be on HIIT 2 from the TF rotation. I'm not a fan of the HIIT's, sculpting, or toning, or anything in the next 3 weeks of the rotation. :lol: I do them anyways, though. ;) Let us know about your weigh in.

Larry Your food from yesterday sound delish!

Mamakat :hug: I hope you stay with us. Especially, if you find posting here motivating, for you! No one starts out doing everything perfect. You have to tweak your program and find what works for you. Great job on the 8 miles!

Berry The water weight will be gone, soon. Hang in there. You know what I find so funny? Yesterday, I wore my shorts and they felt tight. Mind you, I weighed less yesterday than I did when I bought the shorts. I guess the water in my body has moved around to my midsection. That's where they felt tight. It's just so weird how the body does things. Of course we don't understand. All we know is that we don't like it. I hate wearing tight clothes!

Rachael Congrats on the 2 pounds! :carrot:

Zoodoo Where did you get your breakfast sandwich? I know McDonalds's Egg McMuffin is a very good option. It has only 300 calories, I think, and plenty of protein.

Vixsin Post a picture of the new 'do if you get a chance. I can't wait to see it.

Jomatho Hi :wave: Good to see you check in. Sounds like another busy day for you. I hope you can get it all done.

MzJuicyD :yay: Great job!

Jomo Maybe a short walk will be a great start for you.

K9 Congrats on the Dr. appointment going well. I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly and help. I like your quote.

berryblondeboys
06-13-2011, 03:16 PM

I did this in November. I was feeling so BAD. Those daily headaches, stay at home mom blahs, so I promised to at least look the best I can even if I was huge. So, I bought some new clothes in size 18 (as I had dropped ten pounds and the 20s were too loose and I had kept that ten pounds off for a year and hadn't updated a single thing in the wardrobe!). And I decided to chop my hair. Like you, I was like, "Why have all this hair if all I do is wear it up every single day? So, I chopped off a 24" long braid. It went from past my butt, all one length to above my shoulders and layered. The freedom I felt was HUGE.

Now, I got that cut in November and haven't had it retrimmed. I think I want to wear it a bit longer than I had it, but I wanted to donate (or sell - you can sell hair for a pretty penny - so don't just toss your hair!) as much as possible without being bald myself. It's now at my shoulders and I'll probably grow it a bit longer, but keep it layered. I want it long enough to put in a pony tail for working out, but not so long to get tangles.

On your weight loss journey. I know you will continue. You stumbled and you know why. It happens to nearly all of us - life happens. I hope things settle down for you and you get to a better spot to be able to carry on and to feel great!

berryblondeboys
06-13-2011, 03:38 PM
jomatho Hope you get a breather, but yes, too big clothes is a GOOD problem!

DariusHope you have a great week!

K9owner 112 for cholesterol? Wow! That is fantastic!

MZJuicyD Way to go with the weight loss! You are rocking it now!

Jomo It shouldn't be painful, so you are doing great!

zoodoo You and me both - this scale just doesn't want to go down! My caloric intake yesterday: 1300 and 2 mile walk. My caloric intake Saturday was 1250 and a nearly 3 mile super fast walk, Friday was 1150 but no exercise... The scale shouldn't be moving UP! Urgh!!!

Melni Definitely agree that naturally sweet foods taste much better once all the simple 'extra' carbs have been eliminated.

Pint Nice to see you! Just keep it up! The scale is just ONE tool.

LarryH Doing great on that sodium. Does your wife eat the low sodium stuff with you now?

Mamakat this isn't just for people having good days. It's for all of us trying to do better. that's why we're here - to support everyone in all the stages we go through.

Iamerican How is the new job going? Are you taking classes this summer too?

Diana3271I'm seeing I bloat in my gut. I have lost enough weight now to 'see' where the bloat goes. Of course, to my weak spot! Just where I need more volume! Pfft.

For me, my husband and I are going to a concert tonight. It's going to be very cool as in temperature cool. All my fall/winter sweaters are size 20. I'm a 14. To make it worse, 8 years ago I bought a windbreaker jacket for $6. I weighed 275 then and was solidly in a 20 (and they were getting tight). The jacket was too big for me then - it's a 24/26. I didn't mind it being slightly baggy. Well, I took it out of the closet the other day and I can wrap me and my spouse in it and zip it up. No way am I wearing that!

So, I went to the outlet store to find a nice jacket. Problem is, I don't want to spend $ on something I might not be able to wear for long and I have decided that when I get to goal, I'm NOT wearing baggy clothes, so what fits now, will be baggy then. I found an adorable coat, but it was $60. Then I went to Burlington Coat Factory and found a hoodie button up sweatshirt jacket with a cinch waist thingee. It' looks good and was only $11.99. that I can swallow.

I also went to TJMaxx and they had some suits on clearance. The size 14 Calvin Klein suit fit me to the T and looked so nice - only $59. But, I'm not interviewing yet - not even applyign to jobs yet, so will I be a size 14? They had another suit in a 12 and O.M.G. I could squeeze into it - button it and eveyrthing. It's too tight now, but in 20 pounds? Which is where I hope to be at the end of this summer when I go job hunting? But will it look nice then? WIll it be too loose? Too tight some places and baggy elsewhere? I don't know, so I didn't buy. I just don't want to have inbetween clothes unless necessary.

I have my 5 pairs of skorts (3 are athletic skorts) and 10 (4 are athletic shirts) shirts and one pair of slacks to get me through and 2 light weight workout outfits and one summer dress. With exercising in them too, I go through an outfit a day usually, but this is a temporary size. Now I have a sweatshirt/jacket too.

I see so many cute things, but not until I need them. I might like something cuter when I'm smaller!

ShyHeather
06-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Mamakat: Wow! I think I'd pass out from something like that, mad props to you for 8 miles in 30 minutes.

I've started the day off fairly well, I think. I woke up at noon, so no breakfast. But for brunch I had:

2 slices of Oatmeal bread with 3 slices of natural deli turkey and a wedge of laughing cow 35calorie french onion cheese. 2 sticks of celery with a serving of hummus. Plus a ton of water to drink.

No exercise yet. Planning on going to the gym this evening, as usual. Elliptical machine, either the weight loss or interval training program and then my normal circuit rotation.

Scales still at 264, but at least I'm not climbing it. Hope to see it go down.

berryblondeboys
06-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Oh, meant to add. I was almost ready to cave and get a bacon cheeseburger (I've been craving bacon!) at Wendy's. I even hopped in the drive thru lane, but I got out, drove home and ate a reasonable lunch.

Why is it that i get tempted when the scale stalls out? I NEVER get tempted when the scale is moving down, but frequently do when it stalls!

MzJuicyD
06-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Why is it that i get tempted when the scale stalls out? I NEVER get tempted when the scale is moving down, but frequently do when it stalls!

Ugh!!!! I don't know Berry but the same thing always happen to me! It's like i get this "O what the heck the scale's not moving" attitude. It is so hard to push through but i find myself rejecting the temptation more and more each day!

Vixsin
06-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Thank you for your words, Berry. I'll take that encouragement and keep it in my pocket today! :hug:

You are right, I will continue. I've never been this small ever in my life and there is NO way that I am going back to the old ways now. I just needed to pick myself up and dust off so that I can continue to move forward!!!!

IsabellaOlivia
06-13-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm not exactly sure of what number to write for calories. Do I post food consumed or do I post food - exercise? Today I ate 1564 calories. I worked out 404 calories. Do I write 1564 or 1160?

My major victory today was completing day 30 of Jillian Michaels 30 Days shred, which is huge for couch potato me.

darius
06-13-2011, 07:11 PM
OMG! 8 miles in 30 mins (recumbant bike).
mamakat I hope you keep posting; what kind of recumbent bike do you have?

yossarianlives
06-13-2011, 07:16 PM
It's been my first day on Dukan and ive done well. Actually, I've really struggled with the transition to this plan--I can't get around eating so much meat guilt-free, but I'm getting there. Hope everyone else has done well today!

darius
06-13-2011, 07:23 PM
I was almost ready to cave and get a bacon cheeseburger (I've been craving bacon!) at Wendy's. I even hopped in the drive thru lane, but I got out, drove home and ate a reasonable lunch.

I've done that. Going to a fast food drive through, and changing my mind and going back home. :)

darius
06-13-2011, 07:26 PM
For breakfast today I had an egg in a basket, which is 1 slice of whole wheat toast (50cal), 1 egg, and 1/2 T of butter. I cut a hole in the bread and toast it in the 1/2 T of butter, then put an egg in the middle. It's very very good, and not all that bad for me! It came out to a little over 200 calories.

I grew up in western NC, and I never heard of "egg in a basket" until I saw it in a movie a few years ago. You must be a transplanted northerner - you're supposed to be dining on grits and livermush!

K9Owner
06-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Perfectly OP Detox Day

FF Cheese Omelet: 142
Pintos, SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll, Mocha Ricotta Crème 452
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce, Mixed Beans, Jello, Greek Yogurt 432
Total: 1026

If it weren’t for weekends and social family gatherings, I could do this lifestyle
change for a very long time! Unfortunately, Fridays come around every 7 days!!! GRRR :dz:

:twirly: Also, it's very, very encouraging to me that the turtle beat the hare in their race, b/c at
the rate I'm losing, me and this little hard-shelled guy have A LOT to talk about!! :twirly:

Diana3271
06-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Quick post since it's already getting late! :faint:

Total Approx 1440 + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
3 Orders Green beans 300 calories
Grilled Roast Beef 400 calories

Exercise:
TF HIIT 15
Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body w/#5's & #8's

mamakat
06-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Good evening everyone,
I'm beat. I did the calorie counting today and even put an app on my phone so that I could keep tabs of everything. Turns out I'm under 900 calories, how on earth is that possible and what do I do about it? I'm going to make lunch bigger tomorrow but not a whole lot. I never know what hubby is going to cook.
On top of the biking (Proform) I did arms weights THEN I did 46mins of board walking with my DD and DH. I think that's what hurt me in the calories area, but I can't give up my walks as long as my body lets me do it. I find the actual movement of the leg so fascinating and I don't want to ever take for granted that I can walk. A few years ago we were getting the house ready for a wheel chair. :p
I thank you for you encouraging words and you were all right, we have our good days and our bad days. I'd like to be able to show off a good one. I'm still going for 5lbs this month. Now I just have to stay motivated :)
I am off to bed. I have no idea how you all count calories, it's very confusing when you don't have the count in front of you, but I won't give up!
Good night all :)

MzJuicyD
06-13-2011, 11:28 PM
I feel so defeated! I went to the gym to take my 2 class, body pump and 20/20/20. I made it through my first class victorius. I was so proud of myself for increasing my weights and I just felt so strong. Even the instructor came to me and told me I was doing great! I was on top of the world!

That all went downhill when it was time for my second class right after. I dunno if it was the increased weight but my muscles were sooooo tight! This 20/20/20 class always defeats me! I can alwaysmake it through the 20 min aerobics but its the 20 min of step that gets me. I'm not the most coordinated in the world and the instructor goes so fast I always look like an idiot turned the wrong way. So, I get frustrated and give up! Tonight, I was so winded from the aerobics part that I didn't even try the step portion. I just figured I couldn't do it anyways, so I just left. I feel like such a freakin loser!

K9Owner
06-13-2011, 11:40 PM
I feel so defeated! I went to the gym to take my 2 class, body pump and 20/20/20. I made it through my first class victorius. I was so proud of myself for increasing my weights and I just felt so strong. Even the instructor came to me and told me I was doing great! I was on top of the world!

That all went downhill when it was time for my second class right after. I dunno if it was the increased weight but my muscles were sooooo tight! This 20/20/20 class always defeats me! I can alwaysmake it through the 20 min aerobics but its the 20 min of step that gets me. I'm not the most coordinated in the world and the instructor goes so fast I always look like an idiot turned the wrong way. So, I get frustrated and give up! Tonight, I was so winded from the aerobics part that I didn't even try the step portion. I just figured I couldn't do it anyways, so I just left. I feel like such a freakin loser!

I used to try to do 2 a nites at the gym when I was a member. I would run after or before Step (high impact)--OMG--what a disaster one of them would be! Whichever one I did second always took the worst hit for me. I finally decided it was too much in 2 hours and started really focusing on 1 at a time. I would alternate running one night with Bench the other. I found that my body worked better when I did this--and my mind didn't play tricks on me and get me to think I was a loser b/c I had to quit one early b/c of fatigue!

DON'T GIVE UP!! :hug:

ShyHeather
06-13-2011, 11:46 PM
I thought I could keep it together today and stay focused. I was wrong. I'm starting to feel like I can't do it. I'm in this weird vicious circle, I eat right at the start of the day, and then somewhere after the evening starts I crumble. Today I let my near collision with another car at 80 mph be my excuse, my so called scape goat for my binge. Sure, it definitely scared the living day lights out of me.

I'm lucky I didn't loose control of the car when I hit the breaks to keep from getting hit by this careless woman who didn't have her blinker on and didn't even look to see if anyone was all ready half merged into the lane... I didn't go to the gym tonight though. I tensed the crap up so bad my muscles hurt, it hurts to move my arm and even typing right now hurts. I do over react when I nearly get in an accident because I've been in so many.

I can only hope I hold it together tomorrow. I do want to loose weight, but somehow that drive that I had last year has vanished.

Vixsin
06-13-2011, 11:46 PM
I'm not exactly sure of what number to write for calories. Do I post food consumed or do I post food - exercise? Today I ate 1564 calories. I worked out 404 calories. Do I write 1564 or 1160?

My major victory today was completing day 30 of Jillian Michaels 30 Days shred, which is huge for couch potato me.

Nice job IsabellaOlivia. I'm curious about 30DS. What changes have you noticed in your body from Day 1 to now, Day 30? Where do you feel it has worked the best for toning for you?

If you dont mind me asking, that is... ;)

And Welcome! :welcome3: by the way. :lol:

iamerican
06-14-2011, 12:36 AM
Vixsin: New hair and me time sounds perfect! I hope it turns out great

Mamakat: nice job on the workout!

MzJuicy: That is exciting. You will be in the 250s in no time. I can’t wait to see the changes at the end of your challenge. Keep going to the classes. You are doing great and inspiring me. I can’t believe you try to do TWO classes! AWESOME!

Jomo: Glad you keep losing. That is great.

K9: Great quote. That gave me a push I needed. I am jealous you have some time off work.

Diana: You always rock on your workouts and never seem to complain about them. Inspiring! The tone ones are not my favorite TFs either. Glad you still do them though. I am just using DVDs as supplements when the gym is close or short on time or something.

Melissa: A size 20->14! WOW! Those in between stages are so hard with clothes. You seem to be getting by. It will be so rewarding to have a closet full of small sizes!

Today was weigh-in day. Three weeks have passed. I am down to 246.4 :) That is over 3 pounds from last week! Yea. I am losing faster than I expected, but 240 is truly my sticky number. WIth just a little monitering what I eat I am 240, so I get there easy all the time. Then its ok till 230. Then it is SO hard it seems. At least in the past.

Started class today. And we have SNACK everyday. GAH! I just don't want any temptation. I did ok, except for a rice krispy bar. With class and my job, I am beat. Leaving at 8:30 and getting home after 9 is killer. At least its only mondays and wednesdays till Aug. Still, my life got a lot more complicated. At least the job is pretty enjoyable. Next week I start tutoring 4 hours each day! I love kids so that will be fun! Hope everyone had a great day!!!!

aggie2006
06-14-2011, 07:27 AM
mamakat~ are you 900 under counting your exercise? i wouldnt count the exercise into your caloric intake for the day. if you want to stick to 1600 (or whatever your eating) dont add on calories from working out, unless your hungry. thats my opinion. plus unless its hard core aerobics, i wouldnt count walking as exercise, but rather add it to lifestyle cals.

mzjuicyD~ one day go in just for the 20/20/20 so you know you can complete it. that will definately boost your esteme. the fact that you took a class before aswell might have been too much? you didnt have the full energy for the 20/20/20. im not coordinated either, not sure how long youve been trying step, but it gets much easier! you get so used to the instructers style! also maybe there is a step class for beginners you can try, just to get the hang of it. or maybe another instructed teaches a 20/20/20 bc the way a different instructed does the step might be easier to follow. just to add, i love step!

shyheather~ you can do it, remind yourself that you control your destiny, you control who you will be and where you will be in one year. one short year, that will fly by like a breeze. only you can say, NO to food. deep within yourself, you are strong enough to resist the temptation. dont give yourself a choice. DO IT! if you are as sore as you were yesterday, go for a short walk. dont make excuses for yourself. you have lost 76 pounds!!! the health benefits are priceless. do you want to go back? going back to uncontrolled eating will inevetibly put you back where you were when you started, if not worse. do you want to have to lose these 76 pounds all over again, bc im sure if you gained them back, you would one day realize you have to lose them again. dont go backwards, you have come so far! if you're overwhelmed, instead of binging try maitanance for a little while, until you are ready to go back to dieting. btw thank god your ok with your near accident!

as for me, im down to 227.5 today. tom left and took some pounds with it, ty tom! im 4.5 pounds away from 10% loss, 2 weeks maybe??? i hope so!

DH, DD and I are finally going on a long awaited mini vacation. we found a decently priced beachfront hotel, now my only prob is bathing suits! the one from last year, when i was breastfeeding does not fit on the chest (no support), loose on my butt too lol. and my two pieces just look terrible. any idea on a bathing suit thats cheap? dont plan to wear it next year! but need a lot of support for the girls, and a lot of coverage. ugh. i hope i just dont care what i look like and enjoy my vacation!

Diana3271
06-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Weigh In: 145.6
Up: .6 (TTOM)

IsabellaOlivia I log what I actually ate, so that would be the 1564.

yossarianlives Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Mamakat About the calorie counting, I use this site: http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/ I also use the website/nutritional guide for the restaurants that I frequent. Over time, you learn the amount of calories in certain foods. Also, for me, I have found that eating simply (grilled protein, steamed veggies, etc) makes it easier to calculate calories. I just so happen to like this way of eating. I am also a big eater, so I found that I can eat more when I eat basic foods. For me, recipe heavy/ingredient heavy meals tend to be higher in calories.

berryblondeboys
06-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Concert was wonderful and so was the walk there and back -just a gorgeous day and the walk (especially afterwards) was a nice way to end the evening since I was walking with my sweetie.

Scale is so not my friend. It dropped .2 of the water weight, but I'm still up .6 from where I was and I know I'm carrying more because I had SERIOUS sock indents last night. I wonder what that is all about?

RachaelJ
06-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Monday 06/13
B: 1/2 Grapefruit, 1 medium boiled egg
L: Turkey Sandwich
D: Left over Pork Tenderloin, rice and corn
Snack: 1/2 a snickers bar.

TOM is here and I'm craving chocolate and everything sweet so I had to have a snickers. This month I'm not feeling bloated like I usually do when Mother Nature is visiting so I don't know where that's coming from. All is well other wise.

MzJuicyD
06-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks guys for the encouragement! I must admit that I'm a beast in the other classes I take! I ALWAYS take 2 classes on mondays and do just fine when zumba follows body pump. It's just something about that 20/20/20 class! Lol. I've tried it 3 times and each time its a different instructor! Ugh!!! I hate how step always defeat me! No matter how much I hate step I will find a way to beat it! I want to be a beast in 20/20/20 just like I am in my other classes!!!!

berryblondeboys
06-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks guys for the encouragement! I must admit that I'm a beast in the other classes I take! I ALWAYS take 2 classes on mondays and do just fine when zumba follows body pump. It's just something about that 20/20/20 class! Lol. I've tried it 3 times and each time its a different instructor! Ugh!!! I hate how step always defeat me! No matter how much I hate step I will find a way to beat it! I want to be a beast in 20/20/20 just like I am in my other classes!!!!

Ok, first, you are not pathetic. It is HARD to do two workouts in a row = HARD. Second, if you want to succeed at the 20/20/20 class, then set yourself up for success. If the step section is giving you problems, try to figure out what it is about it.

First, the step. What setting do you have it on? I would suggest with no risers. It's safer, easier on the knees and still provides a great workout. Two, if the choreography is getting you, modify. Like, when I see them spinning around, I usually don't do that until I am fully comfortable with the rest routine/step sequence. That spin is just to mix it up. It doesn't add any difficulty or extra workout, just to keep you from getting bored. Three, if it gets too hard, take it to the floor and do the routine there until you get your breath back and then continue from there.

Those are some ideas.

Vixsin
06-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Good Morning!

I'm down 1.2 today to 192.4. :yay: Score 1 point for a full day of clean eating and good sleep.

Hope all of you have a great day!

Vixsin
06-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Here it is!!!!!

The pink shirt is in the salon right after it was cut. The red shirt is this morning just before I left for work. The last picture is how my hair has ALWAYS been. LOL

Hope you guys like it. I LOOOOOOOVE IT!!! I may go shorter still, I haven't decided yet. But I'm trying this length on for a bit. :love: :love:

I am not hiding behind my hair anymore!!!!!!! :woohoo:

berryblondeboys
06-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Looks nice Vixsin! And it's so nice to see YOU! And yay on the drop on the scale this morning!

mamakat
06-14-2011, 11:44 AM
MzJuicy don't feel defeated. One class after the other, that's a lot for someone who does that for a living. I'm sure they have to take breaks too. Your body has to be conditioned to that I would think. I think you did super. One class and another 20 mins of cardio. That's awesome! You are doing great. Oh and I totally understand about uncoordinated. I would totally take out my row of people if I were trying to step. I wouldn't even have the courage to do that at a gym. SO KUDOS to you. You did great.

mamakat
06-14-2011, 11:50 AM
ShyHeather :hug: don't give up. I know it gets tough, we all do. But each day is new and there are so many possibilities. Take it by the hour if you have to and don't get down on yourself when it didn't quite get there. You can always dust off and try again. This is a battle that we can always fight. I'll be thinking of you.

zoodoo613
06-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Back down to 201.2 again today. My stomach was a bit off yesterday, and despite the big breakfast, at one point it looked like it was going to be a lower calorie day for me, but I ended up snacking at night, something I really haven't had any urge to do in a while. I still wasn't terrible, I came in at about 1600 calories.

Today marks the 3 month mark in my journey. It also marks the point at which things usually fall apart for me. I'm more or less felt like I've been falling apart for a while, but I haven't really, so it's hard to judge where I am. The thing I'm doing differently this time is that I'm still tracking everything I eat. I've never done it so long before. I've definitely made some worse choices now than I did at the beginning, but I'm hoping that by continuing to keep track, I'll keep myself more focused than I would otherwise.

mamakat
06-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Good Morning All,
aggie and Diana thank you for the help. I added another 110 (yogurt) last night leaving me still under 800 or 4-500 depending on exercise. The MyFitnessPlan (?) did all the calculating for me and said that I was under. But I was satisfied. I'll alter it up today and add a few more calories to lunch. It also said that at the rate I'm going I'd be 242 in 5 weeks. Well we'll see.
MzJuicy I like berry's suggestions on the step. I think it's the spinning that trips me up too. Not that I do step anymore but when I used to...not a pretty sight, but funny to those who watch.
Vixsin nice job on the pounds down and great hair cut. Does it feel lighter. I used to have long hair and when I'd cut it I feel like ton of weight was off my shoulders. Now I don't have any hair, I wear a wig when out. Even that was lighter than my hair.

As for me, according to my scale I lost 2.4 pounds. Say what? Let's hope that sticks. I'd like to see that 243 again before I got sick. Then of course go further down. Here's hoping to a wonderful on plan day!

Larry H
06-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Terrific day today a 3 pound whoosh!!:carrot::D:carrot: New Low 230!! :D

I started my yard work yesterday with the doctor's approval. Picking up downed limbs and mowing lawn. It really felt good to be able to do it again!:D The wait after the heart surgery seemed like forever but I did follow the doctor's orders. I don't know if the yard work caused the whoosh or if it was just due to happen. I don't care just glad it came.

This is a major milestone for me I have arrived at the half way mark to my goal. I have lost 87 pounds and I have 87 pounds to my end goal!!:carrot:

Yesterday's food was 1097 calories and 1475 mg sodium. Melissa asked if my DW was eating low sodium with me and the answer is yes. She is an insulin dependent diabetic with high blood pressure and the low sodium is really helping her.

Exercise 4 hours of heavy yard work in 95 degree heat.

Larry,

K9Owner
06-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Larry: You're scaring me! 95 degree heat for four hours straight?? I hope NOT! You are not able to hydrate properly for that. Please Please Please be careful. I know you like the whoosh, but something tells me that's not fat.
Ok, I'm sounding like a nurse again!

Diana3271
06-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Vixsin I really like the shorter cut on you! I can also feel a more positive vibe coming from the pictures with the hair cut. I think you have to feel that, too, since I can sense it. :hug: I don't know if it's the smile or what. I think it's a good thing for you. And speaking of collarbones! LOOK AT YOURS! Girlfriend, you have got some great collarbones! :carrot:

Sum38
06-14-2011, 03:55 PM
I have not read back; so behind :(

I came back from Finland very very late week ago Tuesday. Wednesday is sort of a blur... the rest of the week I had to catch up with mom duties. Weekend flew by; I had to run up to our summer home; pick out tile...graduation parties and baseball games...now I am ready to leave for NYC. -- I don't want to go...I want to stay at home :(

Pint Sized Terror
06-14-2011, 04:36 PM
I grew up in western NC, and I never heard of "egg in a basket" until I saw it in a movie a few years ago. You must be a transplanted northerner - you're supposed to be dining on grits and livermush!

I was born and raised in Indiana, and will always be an Indiana girl. :D I moved to NC with my husband 4 years ago. I grew up on grits and a lot of other typically southern food as a kid, but I've never even heard of livermush. I reeeeeally don't like liver, so if it actually has liver in it, I think I'll pass. LOL

Yesterday was well until dinner, where I messed up and over ate. It wasn't a binge by any means, I just ate some foods that were off plan. Namely a shrimp po'boy and a fried chicken leg. I also had about 1/2 a cup of red beans and rice. So not a total screw up, because I could have EASILY gone for 2-3 more pieces of chicken, and boy did I want to, but it was still off plan.

Today I had a huge breakfast. I had a Subway breakfast sandwich, 300 calories, and 2 oatmeal cookies. Now, I didn't realize at the time that EACH cookie had 200 calories in them. :fr: I also splurged around lunch time. I was so stinking hot that I wanted an Icee. That's an additional 140 calories.

I totally blew my calories set aside for lunch on 2 cookies and an Icee. Oh the lessons we learn, LOL.

Tonight we're eating leftovers, probably grilled chicken breast and a salad.:D

zoodoo613
06-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Stay out of my way today!

I've complained about work before. Oh what a day. There was a meeting this morning (with lots and lots of doughnuts) because some big shots were laid off yesterday. Won't affect me directly, but I just soak up the tension that that sort of thing creates.

Then, there's my boss, who normally doesn't give me work or pay any attention to me. Last week he gave me a project with no instructions. Today he looked it over, and gave me the rest of the information that it would have been really useful to have before I started working on the $%^!@ thing. When I mentioned that I hadn't seen the information (emails) and thus hadn't done things the way specified in them, he joked that I wasn't part of the emails and that's why I hadn't seen them. I'm not trying to pry into your personal affairs, you moron, I'd just like the information I need for the project. Now I'm scrambling to redo things the right way.

Then, because this is the roundabout way my work usually comes to me, I worked for a measly half an hour on a something some guy asked me to look at. Now, the project manager, who doesn't know me, and I don't know him, doesn't want to approve my time, because he doesn't know what it was I was doing. Neither do I really. I had to hunt down the guy who asked me to look at it, and his direction on it came (originally, through a twisty chain) from the big shot who was just laid off.

Only good news is that I haven't pigged out on those doughnuts! I had a munchkin early on, and 1/4 of one a little while ago. Yeah, it'd be better to avoid them altogether, but all things considered, I think I'm doing OK.

berryblondeboys
06-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Oh my goodness I have the munchies today. I'm doing well with them, but calorie count left for dinner is SMALL. Good thing I'm not usually very hungry at dinner time!

darius
06-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Hair looks great Vixsin :D

jomatho
06-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi guys! Miss you all. Not much to report here, scale stuck at 184.4 still. Sitting at a baseball game right now and am starving!!! Made me think of you guys :lol: Breezed through some of the posts between innings, love all the support given between everyone! Did I mention I miss you guys?

Larry H
06-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Larry: You're scaring me! 95 degree heat for four hours straight?? I hope NOT! You are not able to hydrate properly for that. Please Please Please be careful. I know you like the whoosh, but something tells me that's not fat.
Ok, I'm sounding like a nurse again!

You keep on being the nurse!!:D I appreciate it because I might be over looking something. Thank You!!:hug:

I should have said that it was not 4 hours straight in the heat. Every hour I came into the air conditioned house for a 30 minute break and I drank lots of water and rested.

I had none of the following symptoms and my urine output and color were normal.

Mild to moderate dehydration is likely to cause:

Dry, sticky mouth
Sleepiness or tiredness — children are likely to be less active than usual
Thirst
Decreased urine output — no wet diapers for three hours for infants and eight hours or more without urination for older children and teens
Few or no tears when crying
Dry skin
Headache
Constipation
Dizziness or lightheadedness

Severe dehydration, a medical emergency, can cause:

Extreme thirst
Extreme fussiness or sleepiness in infants and children; irritability and confusion in adults
Very dry mouth, skin and mucous membranes
Lack of sweating
Little or no urination — any urine that is produced will be dark yellow or amber
Sunken eyes
Shriveled and dry skin that lacks elasticity and doesn't "bounce back" when pinched into a fold
In infants, sunken fontanels — the soft spots on the top of a baby's head
Low blood pressure
Rapid heartbeat
Rapid breathing
No tears when crying
Fever
In the most serious cases, delirium or unconsciousness
Unfortunately, thirst isn't always a reliable gauge of the body's need for water, especially in children and older adults. A better indicator is the color of your urine: Clear or light-colored urine means you're well hydrated, whereas a dark yellow or amber color usually signals dehydration.

Larry,

K9Owner
06-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Vix: Love the new do and the new avi!

Melissa: :dust: for the yucki munchies you’re experiencing.

Jo: Missing you tons, gf! Have a great time at the games and keep running and well-hydrated.

Pint: Shake off the access, tomorrow is a new day! :hug: Here’s a little :dust: for you to make better choices for the rest of the week!

Larry: WHEW! Glad you’re keeping abreast of the signs and symptoms of dehydration. Also, the commie “I drank LOTS of water” is what scares me. It’s a great idea to rest each hour. :bravo: on that awesome choice! Do you wear a medic bracelet?? You may look into investing in one of those. They are real handy if you’re out and pass out and only strangers are around. Just a suggestion.

ZooDoo: I never thought I’d meet someone—informally of course—who hates their job as pretty close as I do! :hug: I feel you, gf.

iUSAn: You Geaux Girl!! Awesome job with your weight loss!!

Aggie: I so want to be on a beach somewhere, soaking up some :sunny: As far as suits go, I defo recommend a tankini for almost anyone, for the simple fact that most women are different sizes in the girls than they are in their behind! Here’s the link for Zero Xposur (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/s_10153_12605_Clothing_Women%27s_Swimwear?sbf=Bran d&sbv=Zero+Xposur). They carry several different tops and bottoms—cute skorts, shorts, and tops, cover as much or as little as you want :)

Mamakat: WTG on the 2.4!! Hopefully it sticks for you!!!

K9Owner
06-14-2011, 10:23 PM
As for me, another OP day today. Still detoxing—I think I shall do this every week until I begin to see a stall in my weight loss.
It’s so easy, and I don’t feel deprived, it’s healthy—why not!!

Mixed Beans, Homemade Spaghetti Sauce, Greek yogurt 300
Mixed Beans, Homemade Spaghetti Sauce 190
((not a typo, I ate it 2 x today!!))
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, Mixed Beans, Jello 364
Total: 854 :fr:

I feel so much better today than I have in almost 2 weeks! I think the infection is exiting the building!!! :carrot:
I took a 2 hour walk today with the k9s. It felt really good!!
I hope to be back up to full gear by Friday :crossed:

h20: ((ridiculous)) 104 ounces/13 cups!!! :woohoo:

berryblondeboys
06-14-2011, 10:27 PM
K9owner Thanks for the willpower dust. I had a nice big salad for dinner and didn't go over for the day and the munchies left me. I don't know WHY I was so hungry earlier in the day - phew - called it REAL close to making some really bad choices for the very first time in this weight loss journeyl

aggie I echo K9's advice on Zero Xposur separates. I got mine at Kohls, but they can be found other places too.

Diana3271
06-14-2011, 10:34 PM

I am going to try to get to bed early tonight. The A/C guy will be at the house early tomorrow morning. It's time for the preventative maintenance. We don't need any breakdowns with 100* temps.

Total Approx 1440 calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Mahi 300 calories
Pita 200 calories
Hummus 100 calories
Fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise
500 Jump Ropes
TF Fire 45

CameraShy
06-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Today was my first weigh in. After 10 days, I lost 19 lbs! :carrot: I am so proud of myself! It was really rough. I even cheated last night and ate a leftover cheeseburger for dinner, no bun with mustard. :o I made sure it was before 6 though!

Kind of glad I don't have a scale at home. I would probably be checking my weight every other day. Next 10 days sounds just as hard, but I get to choose from more food to eat. :) This time, apparently more inches are supposed to fall off from the middle section of my body and not nearly as much weight loss. We shall see. I have to go buy a measuring tape tomorrow. I never did take a true "before" pic and measurements. That is ok. I can just start where I am.

Larry H
06-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Vixsin - Your new avatar is great!! We finally get to see you. :D

I had a Great day!!

As previously posted I had a 3 pound drop to a new low 230 pounds.

My calorie intake today was 1252 well within my 1500 plan, My sodium was 1089 mg also well within my plan of 2000 mg. :D

My exercise consisted of 5 hours of yard work picking up branches and limbs and mowing in 97 degree temp. I took hourly breaks to cool of in my air conditioned house. A great side benifit of losing 87 pounds is that the heat does not bother me like it used to. At my weight peak I would have trouble and be constantly complaining if I had to leave my air conditioned house and walk 50 feet to my air conditioned car. Working outside would have been totally out of the question for me. Color me much more comfortable now!!:D:D

Larry,

CameraShy
06-14-2011, 11:51 PM
Vixsin: Your hair looks great! I am sure it is a welcomed change. I cut my hair short about a year ago and it was so liberating after having long hair for over 25 years!

Larry: Congrats on making it to and past your half-way point! That is incredible! I understand about the heat bothering you when you were heavier. If it gets over 65 for me, I get hot! I could not tolerate living in warm weather states. Good for you getting out there though and getting that work done. Sounds like you are making good decisions about staying hydrated and taking breaks.

iamerican
06-15-2011, 12:20 AM
I am one tired girl tonight. No time for personals. I had an extremely on plan day. And it feels GREAT! I don't know why I am so tired though. Maybe just the stress of adding class to my daily life. I got in a 30 min walk this morning and plan on doing 30ds DVD tomorrow before work. Keep motivated everyone! You all inspire me.

Also, quick rant: I obviously am joyous about my 11 pounds, but one thing that was new with my last wight gain was my chest was suddenly BOUNTIFUL! And I loved it. I have always been way small chested for my size and it is just annoying. I was loving my new ladies. Well, bye bye- I think all 11 pounds were from my chest. Depressing. Guess just something I will have to deal with for HEALTH! And I can make that exchange (as long as I have my good padded bra. HAHA)

ShyHeather
06-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Zoodoo, wow. That's crazy! Good for you on not giving into the donuts. I admit, last time I was at work and someone had some I had a donut. :o But that was a while back.

Anyway....

I managed to stay focused today. I slept late again though. I'm bad about that, I have like zero energy as of late, and have been plagued with the never going to disappear symptoms of a phantom monthly. (Warning, possibly TMI) Someday's it's a little pink, and others normal as if I was never on it, but then I've been very emotional so....just seems like my body is out of whack for some reason. It's very annoying. Especially since, before the gym I had normal cycles!!! Ugn...

Brunch: Quinoa with 1 heaping teaspoon of organic cocoa powder, 1 packet of truvia, which didn't do enough for me so I added just a tiny, tiny bit of agave along with fresh strawberries. Very delicious. Oh, and a glass of milk.

Dinner was a turkey / ham sub. (3 slices) Natural turkey deli slices (Oscar Myer) and Black forest ham (2 slices), a smear of mayo, laughing cow 35 calorie french onion cheese and then a pinch of shredded cheese >.>; My side item was chips with hummus (I don't remember what the chips were called but they were not bad as far as fat / calories went).

Snack after workout 1 banana with cinnamon and a glass of milk.

Work out 45 minutes on the elliptical and 25 minutes circuit training. :carrot:

mamakat
06-15-2011, 12:25 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thought I would drop in and say hey.
Larry congrats on the whoosh, the 1/2 way mark and getting to do yard work. I think you're the first guy I ever heard who likes yard work :)
berry congrats on getting past the munchies and having a good dinner. :)
camerashy congrats on the pounds lost, wow that sounds like a lot in that short amount of time. Wish I was losing so quick. Good Job. I never took a before pic. but I have some doozies that were taken at our Niagara Falls vaca last year and those will do the trick. But that's only after I reach a 1/2 way mark.
Krystal I'm glad the infection is on it's out. I hate infections of any kind and whatever it is always seems aggravated with movement (had whooping cough once...every step I'd cough and cough).
aggie I also like tankinis (not that I'd ever wear a bathing suit) it can hide and hold so much AND the convenience of a two piece. I try getting that point to my daughter but she picks one pieces. Then it's struggle with a wet suit when you really have to go! This year I shopped her suit alone-a tankini :p and she loves it.
zoodoo I am proud of you. As stressed and aggravated as you were you didn't eat those donuts YAY :cheer: I think that subconsciously you do feel this is right and that you don't want to stop. Good job.

As for me, Blah. I made the 8.7 mile trek on the bike today in 30 mins. And that's about all I did right . Well I was doing good but making wrong decisions. To high and not enough so I would cut out food to lesson the calories. I guess that left me open to failure for dinner. Hubby didn't want to cook or shop (downpour) so he ordered pizza. If I would have only eaten 2 slices of cheese I would have been ok. But... :sorry: I ate 5 slices. I felt icky afterwards then fell asleep. Geeze, but tomorrow will be better. Yesterday I was under today I was over does that mean they'll even each other out?
I hope everyone has a good night.

themilesawaygirl
06-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Hi all, I'm afraid I've been AWOL for a while, was so busy at work last week and I'm not good at logging on at weekends.

Well I've been coasting for ages, getting annoyed with myself and falling off the wagon daily. I'm SO frustrated, my weight is creeping back up and it's making me really down. I've got 1 week until my first festival of the year, and although I know I can't make much difference to my figure in a week, I'm determined to do as much as I can. I went to my weekly power pump class at the gym last night, and managed to get up in time to run 4 miles on the treadmill this morning before work. I'm going to do my utmost to stick to my food plan and avoid all the temptations of sweet treats at work. I find this the hardest thing to do, so I'm really going to need to find some motivation from somewhere!

Sorry I don't have time to catch up with everyone's progress, but a quick skim tells me lots of you are doing great! So many about to hit onederland - I'm rooting for you all!

Happy Wednesday everyone :-)

berryblondeboys
06-15-2011, 07:55 AM
That darn scale!!!!!!! I'm up .4 today. Wah!!!! I am being ultra, ultra good. No cheating at all. Right on the calories, exercise every day. (though yesterday was light because my knee was bugging me). But I'm DOING IT. But I see puffy ankles every evening.

Maybe it's because I stopped taking my blood pressure medicine? (I had been decreasing it and decreasing it and last week I stopped it completely as my BP was getting low). My BP is still perfect and it didn't have a diuretic, but maybe in a way it did? I was on lisinopril. That's the ONLY thing that is different - that I'm now 'thin and fit enough' to not need BP meds. That's all good, but this stall out on the scale is driving me nuts! Worse, it's a WEIGHT GAIN on the scale!

jomatho
06-15-2011, 08:23 AM
Berry, sorry for the stall, I know how frustrating that is, especially when you are knocking on the gates of Onderland. You will get there, I promise! Way to go with your decisions last night. One good decision at a time. Not sure what to tell you about the swelling, could possibly have something to do with getting of BP meds, they affect the efficiency of the blood vessels. Not sure though if it didn't have a diuretic in it. Maybe our helpful nurse could answer that. Maybe you should track your swelling and TOM and see if it correlates. Maybe your doctor would be interested to know how much you are swelling and how often too. Just a thought. Hugs to you, keep going, you are doing an amazing job :hug:!
Heather, I have learned that estrogen is stored in the fat cells, so it makes sense to me that as you are losing weight, you could see some changes like that? I have had some strangeness too, although I have always been strange so what's new? :lol:
Juicy, good for you getting to 260! So close to the 250s now! Don't beat yourself up about exercise, you are doing something and just think about what you will be able to do once you get some more weight off.
Mamakat, calorie counting gets easier once you do it a little while. Sometimes it can be eye opening, for sure!
Larry, way to go on the new low! Be careful Mister!
K9, that's a lot of beans :yikes: So glad the infection is leaving you. Must feel good to get back to exercising. Sure the doggies are glad too!

Ok, that's all I have time for right now, although I have a lot more comments, wish I could just make verbal comments as I read! Keep up the good work, one good decision after another, keep going, keep moving :cheer:!

Oh, and I almost forgot, my scale finally moved today to my previous low of 183.4, we will see if it sticks or not. I didn't have as many leftovers last night to feed the family after the game as I thought I did, so I fed them first and ate what was left (a tiny porkchop and about 1/4 cup rice, sprinkling of chopped broccoli), so I had a huge green salad to go with it to fill me up) so I am sure my calories were low which may be the reason for the dip. We shall see.

mamakat
06-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
I went up on the scale as well, but then that was no surprise since I ate all that pizza. Ugh and last night I had insomnia. More energy (working out) and insomnia could mean an episode is coming on, but don't know why it would. I'm just gonna stay positive and say that my body isn't used to the exercise so that's why I stayed awake last night and why my eyes are bugging out of my head now. As for energy, I'm not sure of that yet either. Motivation could be my energy. According to everyone (medical) exercise is recommended daily to help keep me from swinging either way so this should be a good thing and not a bad. So I'm staying positive! Oh and I'm up...1.6lbs. That's not bad considering my goal is to lose a pound a week and I had lost 2, I have room to go up and down :p
I hope everyone has a great day and here's to staying OP. :)

Diana3271
06-15-2011, 08:33 AM

Weigh In: 145.8
Up: .2 (TTOM)

Tonight I have my monthly hair cut/color. I will be eating at the Japanese restaurant and expect a sodium gain for tomorrow.

RachaelJ
06-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Goodmorning Everyone! It's hump Day, so let's make the best of the rest of the week.

Tuesday 06/13
B: 1/2 Grapefruit, 1 turkey Sausage link
L: Turkey Sandwish, 4 fresh pineapple chunks
D: Saute'd Turkey Wings, Macaroni & Mixed Veggies
Snacks: O I'm a bad girl...1 pack of peanut M&M's
Water: 100 ounces, 1 bottle water with a crystal light

Vixsin
06-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the kind words about my new hair. I totally love it. Liberating doesn't even come close to how it feels for me. Now, I finally feel transformed. I dont feel like the old me trying to become something new anymore. Now I feel like the Something New and now it's time to keep going from here. Thanks for being able to see that in the picture, Diana. I had to smile at that. :)

The scale was real nice to me this morning with a WHOOOOSH of 3.2 lbs!!!! What?!?! Score ANOTHER point for a full day of clean eating and good sleep. :) So I'm back down to 189.2. I'm exactly 1 lb from my low (and June goal) of 188.2.

Fingers crossed that I can get a run in today. I am anxious to get on the treadmill because I haven't gotten a run yet this week. :crossed:

Have a great morning and I'll check back at lunch.

berryblondeboys
06-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the kind words about my new hair. I totally love it. Liberating doesn't even come close to how it feels for me. Now, I finally feel transformed. I dont feel like the old me trying to become something new anymore. Now I feel like the Something New and now it's time to keep going from here. Thanks for being able to see that in the picture, Diana. I had to smile at that. :)

The scale was real nice to me this morning with a WHOOOOSH of 3.2 lbs!!!! What?!?! Score ANOTHER point for a full day of clean eating and good sleep. :) So I'm back down to 189.2. I'm exactly 1 lb from my low (and June goal) of 188.2.

Fingers crossed that I can get a run in today. I am anxious to get on the treadmill because I haven't gotten a run yet this week. :crossed:

Have a great morning and I'll check back at lunch.

Wow Vixsin! Maybe that's what we all need to do? Get a hair cut to ensure weight loss? LOL So glad you are feeling great and are seeing great results.

K9Owner
06-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Wow Vixsin! Maybe that's what we all need to do? Get a hair cut to ensure weight loss? LOL So glad you are feeling great and are seeing great results.

:rofl:

IsabellaOlivia
06-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Yesterday I did my first day of ripped in 30. I consumed 2752 calories.

aggie2006
06-15-2011, 05:26 PM
VIXSIN~ cute hair cut! maybe the 2 pound loss was from chopping your hair off :lol:

mamakat~ how are you doing with the added foods? better?
think ill try the tankini again, i just dont like that they roll up and my belly shows!

larry!!!! congrats on reaching the halfway mark! and a new low!! :cheer3::congrat:

k9owner oooh one of those was really cute, thanks for the link

still
06-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Hi guys!

Weigh in this morning was 167, despite having chicken stirfry with a touch of soy sauce in it last night. I've been doing well keeping on plan- actually had an entire weekend of on-plan eating! I'm very proud of myself.

Larry- Congrats on your halfway point!!! Dance party for you! :carrot::bravo::cb::dance::dancer::flame::cheer3: :congrat::broc::cheer:
Your perseverance is truly inspiring. Thank you for being here with us!

I'll hopefully be back later for more personals. I have a work meeting tonight. Later, all!

berryblondeboys
06-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Way, way tired. I had a very active day and now I feel it. I have one more chore to do and then I'm hitting the sack!

The big news is that I've gotten just past the halfway mark of the walking 1000 miles in 2011. Going to change my ticker right now! So I have 6 months and 2 weeks to get the other 498.5 miles done!

Diana3271
06-15-2011, 10:50 PM

I've had a busy day, although I didn't get much done. That figures, right? :lol: The A/C guy came to the house to do the PM on the A/C and the crawlspace dehumidifier. I got to work at Noon. My good friend was there waiting on me when I got to work. She visited with me for 3 hours. We chat on the phone and email on a regular basis, but it was really nice to see her. She was wanting to lose weight. I talked with her a few months ago about counting her calories. She tried it, but it didn't work out for her. She decided to try Weight Watchers. She has been doing WW for a month now and has lost 13 pounds. I am so excited for her and proud of her! I have also let her borrow some of my Leslie Sansone workouts. She's been doing those, too. She is doing such a great job. She said she feels a lot better, too.

Total Approx 1540 Calories + :coffee2:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Fried Rice 400 Calories
Teriyaki Beef 400 Calories

Exercise:
30 MTF Circuit Burn Sculpt + Legs w/#8's & #10's
TF HIIT 15

ShyHeather
06-16-2011, 12:00 AM
Sooo while I managed to go to 2100 calories today, I don't feel like I was defeated by my ill choices. I still got up, and I exercised for an hour. Heart pounding, body moving aerobics. Loved it. Second day in a row of exercise, I want to get to where I exercise every single day as I did in the past year that led to my original weight loss of sixty some pounds before joining the gym.

mamakat
06-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Good Evening All,
I am zonked so I'll will be super quick and hope that I will fall asleep and stay asleep til tomorrow. I had an OP day. I dropped off my DD then hopped over to the drugstore for quick low cal/low fat lunch meat. I found 6 slices for 50 calories. I even cut that in half because I thought it would be too much, but did have full serving of meat as a roll for snack. So everything went well.
I almost talked myself out of exercising because I was so tired, but I said NO, I am going to do it. I did not make my 8 miles but I did get 7.5 miles. So I did good and burned just a little less calories. I'm fine with all of that.
Oh and I found drinking the water is super easy. I've been drinking 13 or so 8oz glasses with no problem. So for day 3, I'm doing pretty good. Can't wait to see what tomorrows weight says.
Good night all :)

iamerican
06-16-2011, 12:42 AM
Larry: Congrats on the new low! You are doing so great!
Heather: Nice job keeping up with your workouts.
Berry: Keep with it. You have been eating and doing so well. It will happen. Your miles are an accomplishment alone!
Jomatho: Great job getting back to your previous low. I hope it sticks.
Vixsin: Glad your hair helps make you feel great. Self confidence is so important and it looks stunning.
Still: Nice weigh- in! So many people are doing so great. I also love your fun faces!

Today I did good! My cravings are starting to go down which is nice. I avoided tarts and snacks at my class and work! It feels good to make good choices. I lost my water bottle (ok, I left it at work) but it is throwing me off not having my "lucky" water bottle. HEHE! Have agood night everyone. I have a long day of work meetings tomorrow, but hope to get a workout in before starting homework tomorrow. I did 30DS today.

K9Owner
06-16-2011, 07:13 AM
Wednesday ((late post))

SBD Crepes w/ Maple Grove Syrup, Cottage Cheese, Polaner Strawberry Preserves 214
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce, Mixed Beans 480
Luna Bar, Marathon Bar 390
Glenn’s Cauliflower Bake, Italian Green Beans 197
Total 1281

Tennis/ k9 walk -385

A little off plan with the protein bars--I felt hypoglycemic during tennis and it's all I had to refuel. I ate as many cals with those as I burned :mad:
Have a great day all :)

Diana3271
06-16-2011, 08:31 AM

Well, should I blame TTOM or the sodium from the Japanese restaurant? :lol:

Weigh In: 147.4
Up: 1.6 pounds!

berryblondeboys
06-16-2011, 08:39 AM
.4 drop on the scale - still playing with that same pound now for 8 days. This month I realllly stalled out starting with TTOM - more than usually, but I'm celebrating my accomplishments. The scale is only one measure of success.

That in 6 months I have gone from out of control diabetes blood sugar numbers to perfect blood sugar numbers by diet and exercise. That I've now been off blood pressure medicine for more than a week and it is perfect after it was 230/130 in December, and that I've already walked over 500 miles in 2011 is all HUGE.

By every measure (except the scale), I'm now healthy - good bp, good cholesterol, and good blood sugar. The scale isn't the only way to measure success!

I'll just keep at it and the rest will come.

zoodoo613
06-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Guess what I saw this morning?

Who know if it'll stick around. I might just be a bit dehydrated, since I took a walk a little late. I drank after, but maybe not enough? Who cares! I'll take it when I see it!

RachaelJ
06-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Wednesday 06/15

B: 1/2 cup frosted flakes w skim milk, 4 pineapple chunks
L: Subway Chicken Teriyaki Salad 2 oatmeal raisin cookies
D: left over, baked turkey, macaroni, mixed veggies

darius
06-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Guess what I saw this morning?

Congratulations, that's a real accomplishment.

jomatho
06-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Zoodoo, :woohoo: on getting to ONDERLAND! :yay: :carrot: :congrat::cp::bravo::cb::dancer::dance::broc:

jomatho
06-16-2011, 09:43 AM
.4 drop on the scale - still playing with that same pound now for 8 days. This month I realllly stalled out starting with TTOM - more than usually, but I'm celebrating my accomplishments. The scale is only one measure of success.

That in 6 months I have gone from out of control diabetes blood sugar numbers to perfect blood sugar numbers by diet and exercise. That I've now been off blood pressure medicine for more than a week and it is perfect after it was 230/130 in December, and that I've already walked over 500 miles in 2011 is all HUGE.

By every measure (except the scale), I'm now healthy - good bp, good cholesterol, and good blood sugar. The scale isn't the only way to measure success!

I'll just keep at it and the rest will come.

I agree with everything you have said, but I have to disagree about the scale. Just because you are slowed down right this moment doesn't negate the fact that you have lost 46 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think even by that measure you are doing fantastic!

Diana3271
06-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Zoodoo Congratulations on Onederland! :yay: :congrat: :dance: :carrot: Awesome job!

mamakat
06-16-2011, 10:24 AM
zoodoo :congrat: :bravo: You are on :flame: :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer3: Great Job!! :cb:

themilesawaygirl
06-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Morning everyone,

Berry How frustrating for you to stall so close to Onederland, I sympathise! There's definitely a chance it's related to the BP meds, and although it must be really annoying for you, you need to remember that you're off the meds for a great reason, and that's an achievement for all the hard work you've put in. You've walked 500 miles this year! That's amazing! Keep going :)

Jo Happy for your scale moving, fingers crossed it sticks!

Mamakat Well done for staying positive, motivated, and on plan! I really hope you manage to sleep properly and get back on track as soon as poss!

Vixsin Congrats on the whoosh! Did you manage to get a run in?

Still An entire weekend on plan? Wow! You go girl, well done for that!

Diana32 That's great news about your friend, she's lucky to have such an inspiring person as you to motivate her. You should get her to join 3FC!!

Heather Well done for working out. I can't count the number of days recently where my calorie count has ended up between 2000 and 2500. Keeping up the exercise is definitely a great step :)

iamerican Resisting cakes and snacks is the hardest thing for me, so massive amounts of respect to you for being strong. Hope you felt proud of yourself!

K9 Never mind about the protein bars - it still looks like you had a healthy, active day :)

Zoodoo WOOOHOOOO! Well done for reaching Onederland. Hope it sticks for you :D

So I was super-worried I'd gained this week I haven't. I've not lost either, but I was so worried I'd put on a couple of pounds that maintaining for a week is a kind of relief. I've been to the gym for the last 3 days so I'm pleased about that. Just need to control my food intake more, as ever.

It's 1 week until I'm off to my first festival for 5 days, where all food planning will go out the window. I will be walking a lot though!

Hope you're all having a great Thursday :)

berryblondeboys
06-16-2011, 10:27 AM
I agree with everything you have said, but I have to disagree about the scale. Just because you are slowed down right this moment doesn't negate the fact that you have lost 46 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think even by that measure you are doing fantastic!

Thanks Jomatho but one correction - 53.2 pounds! LOL

berryblondeboys
06-16-2011, 10:28 AM
:congrat::congrat::congrat::congrat::congrat:

Yay! Zoodoo!!!!!!! Fingers are crossed that it sticks!

mamakat
06-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Good morning everyone,
Again I'd like to say great job zoodoo.
berry I am so pleased to hear that you are healthy. I know you'd like the scale to go down more, but you are reaping such wonderful benefits right now. Great job.
iamamerican I have a favorite drinking vessel myself. I only have to drink 3 of them to reach 12 full glasses of water. 3 doesn't sound so bad. I hope you remember it today. :)
diana sorry about the scale going up, that darn sodium and TOM seems to strike a lot of you guys.
Heather your exercises sound great. I feel like they become second nature after the first week. You know you're not so sluggish to get them over with. But going to a gym is another thing. I think you're doing great. Keep up the good work!

As for me, I saw another drop of 1.2 lbs. I'm back to a full 2pound loss so far this week. That's great. I plan for it to stick. I will do better at getting in the 8 miles today since I had a full night's sleep.
I hope you all have a happy and healthy day!

berryblondeboys
06-16-2011, 10:35 AM
So I was super-worried I'd gained this week I haven't. I've not lost either, but I was so worried I'd put on a couple of pounds that maintaining for a week is a kind of relief. I've been to the gym for the last 3 days so I'm pleased about that. Just need to control my food intake more, as ever.

It's 1 week until I'm off to my first festival for 5 days, where all food planning will go out the window. I will be walking a lot though!

Hope you're all having a great Thursday :)

Good job on maintaining! Sometimes weight loss is difficult to fit in, but it is definitely a victory when we can maintain. That shows, more than anything, that things have changed in how we lead our lives in regard to food and fitness.

berryblondeboys
06-16-2011, 10:37 AM
As for me, I saw another drop of 1.2 lbs. I'm back to a full pound loss so far this week. That's great. I plan for it to stick. I will do better at getting in the 8 miles today since I had a full night's sleep.
I hope you all have a happy and healthy day!

Great job! And happy to hear you had a good night of sleep! When that happens, it's easier to make everything else happen too!

novelistabac
06-16-2011, 12:27 PM
HELLO EVERYONE!!!

I'm back...finally! Well...posting while away on business didn't work at all and then trying to catch up on work since I've been back...today is the first day I've been able to pop in.

I MISSED YOU ALL SOO MUCH! I hope everyone has been doing well. And I need to be filled in on any important updates I may have missed in the last month!!

I gained 4lbs while away and since I've been back to my regular routine I've lost 3 of them. I ran my first 5K last Saturday and it was AMAZING. Then it rained on me and was cold so I ended up with a sinus infection and strep so the last few days have been crappy.

Got to get back to work but I'll try and pop back in a little later.

SO HAPPY TO BE BACK TO MY 3FC CREW!!

Vixsin
06-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Welcome back Novelista! And a big congrats to you, Zoodoo!!! :congrats:

I am up .2 today to 189.4. Ahh, that old familiar dance with 189 that I was doing last week. Whatever. Got in a GRRRRRREAAATTT run yesterday. Stuck to the plan and was able to run for 30 mins straight. I felt SO strong!!!

My eating is on plan. I am not worried about that dumb scale! :lol:

Me1stAllways
06-16-2011, 01:21 PM
THURSDAY. hello all :) New to the site and like the idea of accountability daily so here I am. im woundering what the onederland is all about lol, I see it referred to here and have no clue what you all are talking about, appearently it seems to be a good thing though lol. Ok, so I lost 100lbs like 6 or so years ago and now ready to drop the remaining 100lbs. Protine is the way for me and Im on the 4hour body vershion this time round. Started the 8th of this month at 232lbs and this morning am at 223 ~ yay me! teehehehe. Food is pretty much same every 6days of the week with vriations for dinner sometimes and than I get my cheat day FRIDAY (my new all time fav day baahahaha). I make a plan for the next day and refuse to deviate from it...TODAY protine drink 20min after waking up, handfull pistachios,3 sliced tomatoes w salt,2 half sour pickles, protine shake #2, fist full vitamins, drink my entire water jug (it holds 8 glasses water has become my shadow) spicy bean dip on radishes and hamburger no bun.

Vixsin
06-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Welcome Aboard Me1st!!!

"Onederland" is when your weight moves from the 200's to the 100's. :) It's a big achievement, so we love to celebrate it!

Congrats on your amazing loss! I know you're ready to rock out the last part of it!

Me1stAllways
06-16-2011, 01:48 PM
oooooh lol what a great idea! and ty for the welcome. I cant wait untill I can use my ticker here but untill than I adore the idea of using smiles to trackthe weight loss... so here I go ~ 1 :sunny: for ever 5 lbs lost ths time round :sunny:

stacygee
06-16-2011, 02:28 PM
ZOODOO- Congrats on passing that 200 mark!

Novel: Happy to see you- you have been missed!

berryblondeboys
06-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Was just at the mall looking at deep freezers and decided to go take a look around. I have NOT gone to the mall since dropping into 'normal' size clothes. I have only been to Goodwill and TJMaxx and Marshalls. I don't even know half these stores! Isn't that sad? I've just passed by them for all these years as they did not pertain to me.

There is a cute little boutique feeling store that I love that I can't want to get to my goal size so I can buy some of the cute outfits, but for the $, I won't buy until at goal. It's called Kokopelli http://www.kokopelli1.com/

I then wandered into Talbots - not the womens store, but the misses store - so nice to be able to do that. I tried on the cutest pants and jean dress, but I don't 'need' anything right now. The dress fit like perfection, but I already have two dresses and I'm still planning on dropping weight and at least one more dress size, so it makes no sense to even try things on, so why do I? All it does is tempt me!

berryblondeboys
06-16-2011, 02:37 PM
ZOODOO- Congrats on passing that 200 mark!

Novel: Happy to see you- you have been missed!

Speaking of missed! We've missed you Stacygee!

stacygee
06-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks Berry- I've kept up to date with everyone... just haven't felt like I have much to offer lately! I am here though and still plugging away.

K9Owner
06-16-2011, 06:54 PM
I have been completely OP today, and I just ate 336 cals of mixed beans and SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll, but I am COMPLETELY famished!

I feel like I could eat cardboard at this point :mad:

I'm at 997 cals and it's only 5pm!! grrr

stacygee
06-16-2011, 06:59 PM
What are you going to do K9?
are you a vegetarian?

I would drink a BIG cup of Crystal Light or two and try to wait it out an hour....

K9Owner
06-16-2011, 07:09 PM
SF Jello!!!
Nope. Not vegetarian, just detoxing from processed carbs. I've been doing it for 3 weeks M-Th, then on the weekends, I work or it's been a birthday or I've been camping, so it's thrown me off.
But, it's working!
I just can't do alot of cardio--which is ok, b/c I've had an infection for 2 weeks!!

K9Owner
06-16-2011, 07:11 PM
I would drink a BIG cup of Crystal Light or two and try to wait it out an hour....

:rofl:
I've had 72 oz of Peach Mango Green Tea from Crystal Lite today. I feel like I may turn into a container of it!!

K9Owner
06-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Another OP day for me despite having the munchies at 5pm.

FF Cheese Omelet, Greek Yogurt, SF Caramel Syrup, 14g Slivered Almonds 440
Italian Green Beans, Glenn’s Cauliflower Bake 131
SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll, Mixed Beans, Jello 376
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad 200
Total: 1237
Sodium: 3031 :eek:

H20: 11cups/88oz

:goodscale is tomorrow for me. I had seen a 2 lb gain on Monday after my :censored:
dessert. We’ll see how this goes with all of this sodium today! :mad:

Diana3271
06-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: Another busy day here.

We ate dinner at a restaurant that we frequent, but a different location. The food was a lot saltier than it normally is. I really feel bloated right now. It's going to take a few days to get rid of this water weight. It's just going to take time. My calories were good today and I exercised. That's all I can do.

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Succatash (okra, tomatoes, corn) 200 calories
Grilled Salmon 500 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

mamakat
06-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Good Evening All,

Krystal glad you made it!
Me 1st :welcome2:
Vixsin great run 30 mins straight, awesome!
Novelist welcome back.
It's quiet today, hope everyone is doing well.

My check-in: I met the 8 miles in 30 minutes THEN added another 7 miles (30 more minutes). So according to my calorie counter I got an extra almost 300 extra calories today. That's cool. I was OP with calories to spare! So all and all I think I did wonderfully.

I hope you all have a good night :)

ShyHeather
06-16-2011, 11:34 PM
K9: Yikes. Sodium is evil, but there seems to be such a huge amount in many products out there. Hope your scale is kind to you.

Today I did pretty good. I stayed within the 1700ish caloric range. I also did 90 minutes at the gym. I'm starting to think though that the anytime fitness calories burnt calculator for exercise is way off. I don't think I could have burnt 1300 calories :\ ....sure, I did forty minutes of insane elliptical, and then my normal warm up and cool down and my circuit training. But, I just think that seems way high. If I had any spare change I'd fork out the cash for one of those monitors... but, I'm poor :dizzy:

berryblondeboys
06-16-2011, 11:52 PM
Today I did pretty good. I stayed within the 1700ish caloric range. I also did 90 minutes at the gym. I'm starting to think though that the anytime fitness calories burnt calculator for exercise is way off. I don't think I could have burnt 1300 calories :\ ....sure, I did forty minutes of insane elliptical, and then my normal warm up and cool down and my circuit training. But, I just think that seems way high. If I had any spare change I'd fork out the cash for one of those monitors... but, I'm poor :dizzy:

I never look at calories burned. I exercise because I should exercise and know it helps my health and will help me lose weight, but I don't figure it into how much weight I should lose because of it. And so, I never eat my calories back either.

ShyHeather
06-17-2011, 12:11 AM
I never look at calories burned. I exercise because I should exercise and know it helps my health and will help me lose weight, but I don't figure it into how much weight I should lose because of it. And so, I never eat my calories back either.

I don't look at it and go, I burned this so I can eat this. I eat a set calories for the day, and burn calories without thinking of whether or not I'm going to consume them. I do feel better though when the numbers are bad food wise, and yet exercise claims to be a high number for the day.

iamerican
06-17-2011, 12:12 AM
ZOODOO: WHOOHOOO! ONDERLAND! You are wonderful! I hope it sticks!

Berry: 53.2! Now that is something to be proud of and to keep holding onto when its tough.

Novelistabac: Congrats on the 5K. That is absolutely amazing.

Me1st: Welcome!

Today there was a long training at work. And I was there all day! I was exhausted and hungry. Thus, I had two bars and a diet coke (I am cutting out soda-that was my third in a month). I was still in my calories and made a good decision over lunch making a chicken taco salad and having fruit. I have a crazy weekend coming up. So we will see how that goes. Drinks will be involved, and that always messes things up.

mamakat
06-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Calorie counting is confusing. I think staying in the zone you've chosen 1200-2000 IDK is what you should worry about counting and whatever u burn is just a bonus..like dessert :) I have problems counting period so this is a bit challenging but I'm looking at it like a game that I want to win...I know coocoo, but its working. I use myfitnessplan.com. its been very helpful.
Good night

berryblondeboys
06-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Way too little sleep last night. Was up late helping my ADHD son get his last project finished (he did it, just making sure he did it) and then he was up at 5:20 am with a gushing nosebleed. Of all things for him to inherit from me, why the nosebleeds? (Had them BAD as a teen and early twenties.)

So, scale is probably not accurate, but down .2 today. Which is still .2 higher than my low and I was at that low for 4 days, so I doubt it was a fluke! Ankles are still a bit puffy too.

Diana3271
06-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! I hope you have great Friday and fantastic weekend! Enjoy! :dance:

Wow! Things have gotten really ugly over here! :lol: The food I had last night for dinner was really salty, again. :( So, here we are, TTOM is ending, I went to a Japanese restaurant this week and had really salty food last night. Not a pretty sight! I am so glad for the maintenance range that I set up for myself. My calories yesterday were good and I exercised. I try to avoid the sodium as much as I can, but stuff happens. :dunno: That's all I can do. I suspect I will do some serious peeing sometime soon. :lol:

Weigh In: 149.2 (TTOM)
Up: 1.8 :eek:

K9Owner
06-17-2011, 08:42 AM
ZooDoo: :bravo: on hitting Onderland!!!

Melissa: When you are so close to goal, eating those exercise cals back—or some of them--almost becomes imperative to weight loss.
These last few cals are stubborn to lose.
Hope your son feels better soon!!

Me1st: :welcome3:

Novel: So glad you’re back with us.

Diana32: Darn Na++ why must they use so much?? Here’s hoping you get back down after TOM leaves!! :hug:

iUSAn: I completely empathize with the drinks. Here’s a little :dust: for you!

MamaKat: I :love: MFP! Where would I be without it? :shrug:
:bravo: on the miles! That’s AWESOME!!

ShyHeather: You are certainly right about the Na++. Some of my fave foods, including cottage cheese and the grilled chicken strips I buy
have a ton per serving. I know I could make fresh grilled chicken—but I seriously eat it almost everyday. It’s not a priority that I make
for myself. It’s easier to pick up the microwavable kind!

I’m down 0.8 today :woohoo:
I’m getting so close to 150!
That’s when the real work will start. My body has ALWAYS loved 150 for some reason.
I’ll really have to get off phase 1 of SBD and kick up the oats, so that I can :running:
If not, I will never see 140 with diet alone.
I DO recommend SBD to anyone interested though. It’s an awesome program—even for a few weeks.
Very little to no sugar, no bread or pastas or rice, no fruits (but SF jam/preserves is ok).

berryblondeboys
06-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Melissa: When you are so close to goal, eating those exercise cals back—or some of them--almost becomes imperative to weight loss.
These last few cals are stubborn to lose.
Hope your son feels better soon!!

Ah this is true - I'm almost to that point now!The days of 'fast' weight loss are about over. My husband has been dropping weight too. His BMI was FINE before. He just wanted to drop 15 pounds to where he feels the best and it's been taking him 6 months to get those 15 pounds off with being 'fairly' diligent with eating and exercising 4 days a week. My day will come soon enough where I have to eat back calories too. I know it.

And congrats on the .8 down!

zoodoo613
06-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Morning everyone!

It stuck! I was up this morning 0.2 lbs, to 199.6, but still under that magic number. I just wish I had a little more wiggle room, as I've been so bouncy. I don't have the same hard-fast pattern as some of you, but looking over the past couple months I do seem to be at a lose-y time of the month, with TOM coming sometime next week. Fingers crossed!

I'm sorry I haven't done any personals this week, but I quite frankly haven't been up to the task. I'm not much of a cheerleader in the best of circumstances, the my circumstances lately have not been the best. I've already griped about work, and things at home haven't been good either. My husband struggles with depression, and it's really, really bad right now. It sucks all the energy and joy out the house, and I'm just trying to hold things together. So forgive me if I'm not as supportive as I should be. I'll try to make it up when things level out.

Diana3271
06-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Zoodoo I'm glad it stuck and you are still in Onederland! :bravo: Sending you a big hug :hug: I know life is rough sometimes. Hang in there.

mamakat
06-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Good Morning All,
zoodoo :hug: I completely understand about depression, I am Bipolar and our family has to live around that and sometimes THAT's no fun. On the upside sometimes it's too much fun. I hope things get better for you and the family :)
diana salt seems to be the enemy for so many. My doc said that if I drink a lot of water I should sprinkle salt into my hand and lick it. Gross, no thank you. I'm not a big salt fan, but my meds deplete it somehow. But I get puffy anyway. Our bodies are weird :p The beauty is you know what to do and work to fix the problem. That's way better than some of us.
Krystal great job on the .8 down. The eating properly shows even without a lot of exercise you can lose weight. I don't know if I could live without bread. I've tried but the withdrawals are just so hard.

Plan for today: Well our fridge died so I have some moving to do. We kept our old ugly thing for a beer fridge and then never used it. So guess what, we're gonna use it now. The downside is it's in the basement and no way are we going to bring it up for the interim. So I must off load my baby and put the groceries in old ugly. Old ugly doesn't have an ice dispenser and DH is out of town all next week. First I have to go downstairs for food and now no ice :( No ice water, how will I manage? :cry:
OK crying over (suck it up). On the good side of life I lost another 1.2 and can see me getting closer to getting out of the 250's again. I know I can do it since I've already done it. Stay positive, right? :) The kids are out of school super early today so I may wait till they are out before working out. I'll have to wait and see.
I hope you all have a happy and healthy day

Vixsin
06-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Ah this is true - I'm almost to that point now!The days of 'fast' weight loss are about over. My husband has been dropping weight too. His BMI was FINE before. He just wanted to drop 15 pounds to where he feels the best and it's been taking him 6 months to get those 15 pounds off with being 'fairly' diligent with eating and exercising 4 days a week. My day will come soon enough where I have to eat back calories too. I know it.

And congrats on the .8 down!

Don't fret, Berry. I'm noticing it happening to all of us. From what I've read and heard in numerous places its that when our bodies get really efficient at burning calories, it gets to a certain weight and says "this is where I want to stay" Enter - stage right - The Plateau {cue villain music} The plateau is considered "vanity pounds" Because up to this point, we've been "eating to lose weight" meaning finding our magic calorie number and eating at a bit of a deficit to help create the losses. Once the stall hits, we're supposed to up our calories to much closer to our BMR to send the message to the body that we are eating plenty of food and fueling it properly. The way we are supposed to create our deficit is only through exercise at that point. Therefore, in essence, tricking our bodies into losing the weight we want..ie. the last 10-20 lbs.

Just sharing what I've heard. :) :hug:

As for me, I am up another .2 to 189.6. Ahh...I do love this dance. :dancer: I am exhausted this morning. Only slept 5ish hours. I also worked out a little yesterday and feel rather achey today. :tired: It's rainy today and I'd like to curl up under my desk and take a little nap. But let me tell you WHY that scale doesn't bother me even in the SLIGHTEST!!! :yay:

I am officially declaring yesterday to be "Vixsin Humanitarian NSV Day"...next year I vote that we have a parade!

1. I found a "free clothes" sale at the spaghetti supper last night and got 6 or 7 tshirts, a few shirts for work, a couple of sweatshirts, and 3 pairs of shorts for the boy and 2 tshirts and a sweatshirt for him....ALL for free. WIN!!!!! :yay:

2. A family (client) of ours here at my job was affected by the recent tornado and we set up our conference room with all of the donations we received and that family was able to come into the office and get some much needed stuff like comforters, dishes, pots and pans, you name it, we had it and there's more stuff on the way, so we'll be able to give to our other families as well. BIG, BIG WIN!! :yay:

3. That same family came to MY house last night and picked up things that I had for them. They got from me: a full size bed - mattress, box spring, and frame, a coffee table and end table set, more pots and pans, and some dishes. My son got to meet them. I explained to him what I was doing and why they were taking our stuff. I think he dug it. HUGE PARENTAL WIN!!! :yay:

4. Back to the clothes, 2 HUGE NSV's happened for me. I now fit into a Mens tshirt size MEDIUM. :yikes: and today I am wearing a womens size LARGE!!! :yikes: I've said it before and it's appropriate now, I've never been this girl before and HOLY COW is it great getting to know her!!! I totally blame you guys and my 2 main threads for getting me and helping keep me here! I love you guys! :grouphug:

Take THAT, scale!!!!!! HA!!!

{sticks her tongue out at the scale and skips away}

jomatho
06-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Good morning! Up 0.2 today on the scale. I was pretty thirsy last night after dinner of turkey breast burgers and sweet potato fries, so I wondered if I would see a water gain, but not too bad.
:carrot:We have nothing on the calendar today and it is going to be a rainy day all day today so I guess the yardwork is out too (darn :devil:). That means I have a day to get in a good workout, catch up on my chores and maybe do something that I want to do for a change. Woot!

Ok, that was yesterdays post that I forgot to hit submit on!

Today: Up a little again to 183.8, but worked my butt off around the house, never stopped all day and did 20 laps in the pool, not much but I was pretty tired by time I went swimming. I expected a little drop today since I was perfectly on plan and worked so much, but oh well. Maybe it is a blip before a drop, one can only hope. Catch you all later, gotta go run a few errands. Hopefully time to catch up on how everyone else is doing in a little while. . .

MzJuicyD
06-17-2011, 12:13 PM
258.4!!!!!!!! I'm FINALLY in the 250s!!!!!!!!! I was beginning to think my scale wouldn't move beyond 260! This 2.8 pound drop this week has me feeling AMAZING! Now I can't wait to hit 253 to mark my 40 pound drop! This is exciting!!!!!!!!!

Larry H
06-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Great day yesterday with a visit to my family doctor. Not once but four times he shook my hand congratulating me on my weight loss. He kept saying amazing and that I was his poster child for his practice. I reviewed my pln with him and he thought it was great. He asked what my goal was and I said 143, thatis when he paused and said you are taller than I am meaning himself. I stood up and he saw that I was actually just slightly shorter than he was and he said 143 was a good goal. Then he asked the million dollar question. Do you think you will make it? I thought before answering and told him yes. Before joining 3FC I would have believed that reaching my goal would be impossible. Everything has changed in my thinking.

Weight steady at 230, Calories 1184 and sodium 1284

Took a day's break from the yard work and exercise.

Larry,

K9Owner
06-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Vix: Your Day 251 on the other thread ROX! Your Humanitarian NSV Day ROX! &
Your Informative Info to Melissa ROX!
Basically, you ROCK! :lol:

MzJ: :woohoo: Yaaaa for your “Moving in the opposite direction of up” scale. :love: it!!

MamaKat: Going without the extra carboholic bread isn’t so bad. I had long since cut buns off burgers—1st having them open-faced, just the bottom bun, then lettuce for the bun, as well as not having bread with meals—BIG southern tradition to have bread with meals—cornbread, rolls, biscuits, toast. My thing was giving up cereal and oats. I :love: cereal—all kinds—except Kashi. I just can’t dig that cereal, but gimme some kid cereal, Raisin Bran, Rice Krispies, and I’ll binge on the entire box!
Great job on the 1.2—I hate to point it out, but SEE THERE—it’s good that you have stuck around!!!

:wave: Hi Jo

As for me, tonight is Vietnamese Restaurant for dinner. I’ve never been to one, but my niece works there, so I’ve already told her to bring me something without noodles or rice. Sat/Sun are both worknights for me—no :carrot: for that!! Welcome weekend and off plan days, I’ve been waiting for you all week :devil: (sigh) Also, I’m out of food and need to get my buns into the market—where is a Monday when I need one??

stacygee
06-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Melissa: Yikes about the nosebleeds! My sister had them growing up. So sorry. I too was greeted with an ailing child this morning... the baby threw up all the way down the stairs... why couldn't she have stayed in one place?

K9- If you turn into crystal light peach mango tea- I will definately turn into raspberry peach crystal light. sometimes I wonder that my pee isn't pink!

berryblondeboys
06-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Busy morning to be a mom. First making eggs and bacon for my older son and his first high school final (Grade is already reported got an A on the final exam which saved his butt as it helped his grade with his lack luster 4th quarter grade) and I had the closing kindergarten program today for my younger son. I was so proud of him too. There have been 3 other special programs during the year and each time he broke down crying from being overwhelmed. Today, no singing, but he was content looking around and standing where he belonged - he wasn't the only non-singing kindergartner either! My big splurge was a couple of handfuls of cheese popcorn. I think I'll survive.

Three more half days of school left - woohoo!

Have to figure out some exercise for today since my time was stolen away from for yesterday's exercise. WOuld help if I got a full night of sleep last night.

Me1stAllways
06-17-2011, 04:17 PM
wow, lots of ppl here seem to be around a 100lbs loss! CONGRATS!!!
WELL TODAY IS MY ALLOWED CHEAT DAY....yay! and I have been going hog wild (like a serious lill piggy lol) and also means no weigh in till sunday or monday.
Have a great weekend ladyz ;)
*love 4hour body plan*

MzJuicyD
06-17-2011, 04:22 PM

Not me!!!!!!! lol At least not yet! :dizzy:

stacygee
06-17-2011, 06:58 PM
WELL TODAY IS MY ALLOWED CHEAT DAY....yay! and I have been going hog wild (like a serious lill piggy lol) and also means no weigh in till sunday or monday.
Have a great weekend ladyz ;)
*love 4hour body plan*

I thought I was close... but I think it is going to be THE HARDEST 7 POUNDS yet... it is almost so hard at this point that it is discouraging to keep that tagline on my signature.

berryblondeboys
06-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Here's two big NSV's for the day (can't top Vixsin's great Humanitarian NSV's - which ROCKS btw, Vixsin!).

1. I can fit (nicely) a size 12 skirt I have. I know it's a HUGE 12 as 14s are just right for everything else except this one skirt (I bought it in a 14 and 12 because I liked it so much and it was cheap!).

2. My arms are now small enough to use the cuff of a blood pressure machine at the grocery store. And my bp was 117/72 while grocery shopping.

I reallllllly should exercise tonight as I missed yesterday and today, but I am so exhausted with lack of sleep and so much runnign around these last two days, I just can't do it. I do, however, have big plans for exercising first thing tomorrow morning!

mamakat
06-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Good Evening All,
berry congrats on the size 12 skirt and the cuff at the store. I had to smile as I remembered myself shoving my arm into those things. Now I use a wrist monitor.
MzJ welcome to the 250's I hope you fly right out of them!
larry it's nice to see you. It's nice to impress a doctor once in awhile isn't it? Sometimes I think they get so discouraged that we don't listen and then when we do they are so impressed.
As for me, I made my 8 miles, I have worked out a full 5 days (one more to go for this week). I have been on or close to OP all week. Somehow I'm short 550 today. Honestly I don't know how to put more in on days I come up short. I'm not sure how the weekend is going to go as this will be the first time counting calories through a weekend. I will say that today I went to Friendly's to celebrate the end of school. I ordered a salad with grilled chicken and only ate the chicken and some of the salad. I watched 3 kids pig out on ice cream BUT kindly declined the proffered spoon by the waitress. I did not even have a taste! Course now that I am short 550 calories I could have :lol:
I hope you all have a good night.

Diana3271
06-17-2011, 11:50 PM
K9 Congrats on the .8! Keep your focus this weekend! What did you have at the Vietnamese restaurant?

Mamakat Sorry about the refrigerator going out! What a pain. Congrats on the 1.2 pounds!

Vixsin Congrats on all the wonderful NSV's. It gave me goosebumps to read your post.

Jomatho I hope you were able to do something that you enjoy today. You have been really busy, lately.

MzJuicyD Congrats on getting into the 250's! Awesome work!

Larry Congrats on the Dr's appointment! I love your confidence!

Stacy Hi :wave: Don't get discouraged. :hug: Keep working. You can do it.

Berry I hope you sleep well tonight. :hug:

Me1stAllways Hi :wave: Have a great weekend!

sidanne42
06-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

Hi, I'm new to this site. I am a member of tsfl, or Take Shape for Life and the Medifast program. I have done really well w/ MF, and to date have lost 52 pounds in 10 weeks time. However, their discussion boards leave a lot to be desired, so here I am! Posts appear in real time here -- imagine that! :hug: Anyway, today was a good day: I walked two miles with my lab, Roscoe, the small pony, did some gardening, tackled 3 loads of laundry, and then took my first Zumba class this evening! I am proud of me! Good luck to all, and as my health coach always says, stick with it 'cause "triumph takes effort!" Best wishes for continued weight loss success to all!!!

:carrot: Sidanne
(won't let me post my ticker for another 19 days)

Diana3271
06-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Total Approx 1350 Calories + :coffee2:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (610 Calories)
Bread w/butter 160 calories
Green Beans 100 calories
9 ounce sirloin, no butter or seasoning 350 calories

Exercise
Bob Harper UCB
TF HIIT 15

K9Owner
06-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Today wasn’t terrible—I was off plan but no binges.

Cottage Cheese, Polaner sf Allfruitw/Fiber 90
FF Cheese Omelet, Greek Yogurt, Protein Shake 365
Colby/Monterey Jack Cheese, Turkey Breast (1slice) 135
Guesstimated Dinner 1508
Total 2107 ish

H20: 72 oz

For dinner, I had 1 spring roll, 1 egg roll, 2 spicy wings, Chicken/Broccoli Stir Fry without rice.
Then, approx 5 oz NSA/FF Vanilla Yogurt topped with approx 15g Pecans from Gracie Bleu.
Does that sound like about 1500 cals to you all?

Diana3271
06-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Weigh In: 147
Down: 2.2 pounds! I've never lost that much at one time, even with water weight. The most I've ever lost is 1.8 pounds. I knew I had a lot of water weight on me!

berryblondeboys
06-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Oh scale - how I loathe thee right now. And so now I start my preovulation weight gain.

I have not eaten more than 1300 calories in 2 weeks and most days it's around 1200. I didn't eat AT ALL yesterday after 2 pm (I had a really big lunch and just didn't get hungry and I was at my calorie limit anyway). All signs that I should be losing weight. Yes, I slacked on exercise for two days, but anything that should help me lose, not gain with these caloric intakes I'm taking.

But one glance at the calendar tells me I'll be ovulating in the next 3-4 days and EVERY month, no matter what, I gain weight around now. Of course, this is adding to my already 9-10 day stall out and puts me 2 and a half pounds over my all time low and further and further from onederland. Good grief!!!! And to top it off, we are going to a house concert tonight and there will be tons of food and desserts.

Only good thing is that I got a really good night's sleep last night.

I know it's water. I know it will come off, but I really HATE that my body does this two week stall out every month and this month is more extreme than most months. It must be because I'm getting closer to goal and my body just doesn't lose the way it was in the beginning.

I won't quit. I won't succumb to temptations, but I need to rant here a bit as I deal with this major stall out.

And I will exercise this morning to get it done so I don't have to worry about it this evening.

Up 1.2 from yesterday - good flipping grief!

berryblondeboys
06-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Ok, scale basically hasn't moved in 2 weeks, but I just took measurements and I've lost an inch in the chest, an inch in the waist, an inch in the hips, an inch in the upper arms and .5 of an inch in the upper thigh all in the last 2 weeks and 2 days, so i'm obviously doing something right - it's just not showing on the scale!

Diana3271
06-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Berry I'm glad to hear that you slept well last night! Hang in there. You know the cycles that your body goes through. You are doing all the right things. You will be back to losing soon. Congrats on the inches lost! :carrot:

Me1stAllways
06-18-2011, 12:38 PM
staycegee = dont fret, stay possitive :hug: when I had platues during my first 100 loss I tried changing somthing up (different excersize or add spicy food to boost metabilisum) so that I would make my body act differently than it had addapted to be. But no matter what you do you will eventualy drop weight if you stay on track, its just a matter of time.
Have you been measuring your self? That helps me stay possitive durning times of frustration, the scale and I have a love/hate relationship lol, but my tape measure is honest and true hahaha it disregards water weight, moon shifts that effect it, my period and muscle mass.

START WEIGHT 232 6/8
YESTERDAY 224
TODAY 228 6/18
Sat not sapposed to weigh myself but couldnt resist :devil: 228 ...ouch a gain of like 4lbs after cheat day. Sapposidly by Monday the extra lbs will be gone plus some...we will see lol.
110 cal/10 protein... 2 scrambled eggs w home made salsa
200 cal/16 protein...2 stake ums
fist full vitamens
180 cal/45 protein...protine shot
shedualed for later today~
160cal/30pro ...Protien shake lunch
210 cal/20 proteindevil eggs (if hungry)
160cal/30pro ...Protien shake dinner
4cal/4pro...radishes w spicey bean dip (if need snack)
meeting 100 protein daily and staying low/slow carb
Px90 streatch dvd
4HourBody 4basic exersize
10 min Pilates
AEsports Circut Training (if I feel up to it lol)

iamerican
06-18-2011, 01:00 PM
UH OH! Today is going to be a long day. Guess who already has the munchies. GAH! I made my first mistake by having lucky charms instead of my normal protein shake for breakfast which means I am hungry. This is going to be a long day of temptation too. We are going to the mall (oh the smell of cinnabuns) and I have a little kids birthday party. Then out for drinks. We will see how this goes. Last night I did resist little ceasers my DH ordered and didnt eat the bun on my chicken (grilled) sandwich. I CAN and WILL do this! (I hope ::gulp::)

berryblondeboys
06-18-2011, 01:29 PM
To thumb the scale I had a great workout. First time every that I walked a TRUE 4 miles per hour and even a tad faster (but not fast enough to call it 4.1 miles per hour).

My heart was RACING at the end as I really pushed it to keep the great time as I end going uphill, but I did it and it felt great!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/93188243

mamakat
06-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Good Afternoon everyone
I made my 8 miles today and am exhausted and thankful that tomorrow is rest day :) Not sure what will be happening this weekend, but I decided now that school is out and I don't have to "run" to school in cases of emergencies, I can play with my hair. First, I shaved it because I don't like hair to begin with and now I am in the process of bleaching what little I have left. Don't worry Girls and Larry, I wear a wig out most times :) I've decided to go blue...have I mentioned I'm a rebel :p

Krystal I wanted to say this last night but somehow forgot...yes, I am glad I stayed on because you guys are such inspirations to me. I see you all and know that I'm not the only one going through this. AND I'm not the only one who feels like "I just can't do this", we all go through that. And it's good to see that I'm not alone. :)
berry what a day for you. 2 weeks no movement after all this time and then to be expecting TOM soon I felt your defeat but also your triumph. You WILL do this, you HAVE done this and boy you showed your scale (yourself) that you ARE doing it by you lost inches. So glad for you :)
iamamerican Lucky charms don't sound so lucky ;) I think sugar makes us more hungry (I don't know if that is true or not I just think it) I know if I just have any kind of sweet right now, I will crash.
diana yay for the big whoosh.
I hope you all have a great day. Oh I forgot my scale didn't move either way but that's ok because I've lost 3lbs total this week and I was only going for 1. :)

Diana3271
06-18-2011, 10:28 PM
I ate a small amount of Low Fat Asian dressing tonight. Hopefully I don't have an allergic reaction to it. I have tried to avoid most salad dressings and sauces. I just get tired of eating things plain like that. :( Part of the issue I had this week, besides, the Japanese food and TTOM was that I had a small allergic reaction. I think it came from the restaurant where I get the grilled Mahi, pita, and hummus. I think my allergic reaction came from either a seasoning on the Mahi or in the hummus. I looked at the Mahi and it had a good amount of seasoning on it. :( Hopefully I will be safe with the Asian dressing. I am planning on getting tested again within the month. Even if the Dr. confirms my suspicion, it's still really hard avoiding all seasonings, sauces, and dressings. I have been doing so much better since I've been avoiding everything in the mustard family.

Total Approx 1745 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Snack 180 calories
Strawberry Yogurt 180 Calories

Lunch 300 calories
Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories
Grilled Chicken Snack Wrap, no sauce 250 calories

Dinner (900 Calories)
Salad 100 calories
Whole Grain Hamburger Helper 350 Calories
Peanut butter cream pie 350 calories
Pole Beans 100 calories

Exercise
5 Mile Mall Walk

berryblondeboys
06-19-2011, 12:04 AM
Back from a great house concert at the Chesapeake Bay. I ate a 'little' more than I usually do, but well within reason. Such a great day all the way around. Of course, I'm sky high on the scale right now, but we ate late and I'm still full.

Just tallied the calories - 1450. Spot on for a day out, especially. (Helps when you bring your own food!)

Diana3271
06-19-2011, 09:29 AM

Weigh In: 146.8
Down: .2

Yesterday I went shopping and bought a couple tops that will go with the capri's that I already have. I mostly wear plain, solid, V-neck T-shirts, so these new shirts are stepping out of my comfort zone. I bought a tank top from Walmart. I have seen them at all the Walmarts that I have been to, so you may have seen them, too. The back area has crochet on it and it has molded cups ;) . It's turquoise, brown, beige/white, & a little olive green. It will go with my brown and olive green capri's. I'm sure it will go with the denim ones, too. I tried it on for DH and he liked it very much. I was thinking about returning it, but DH insists that I keep it. I was thinking it would be something good to wear when we go to OBX for the 4th of July weekend. The good thing is that I won't know anyone there, so maybe I can try to be comfortable in a tank. It's a good way to test the waters. KWIM? ;) The other shirt is burnt orange, brown, olive green, those types of colors. It has some sequins/and rhinestones on the front. What makes this one interesting is that it has sheer flouncy sleeves at the elbow. It has a great V-neck. I love V-neck shirts. I think they look best on me. What was interesting about trying on this shirt, I came out of the dressing room and asked if they have a larger mirror. The dressing rooms are really small. The SA said yes and showed me to it. Of course, I think it's weird seeing myself in different clothing than I normally wear. I mentioned to the SA that I thought I looked weird in it. She laughed and said that it looked great on me and that I "was tiny and could wear anything". :lol: Tiny? Again, weird! I whispered to her that I've lost almost 150 pounds and I don't see myself as being tiny. She said she would have never known that I weighed that much. (I like that! At least the parts of my body that most people see don't show my battle scars. ;)) So that was my second shirt. I am going back to another Walmart today to look at a different tank. I want a tank, but I am unsure of the colors, etc. I think it's important for me to try to get comfortable in clothes that are not in my regular comfort zone.

berryblondeboys
06-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Good for you Diana - And I agree, you need to step outside of your comfort zone a bit and explore. I'm sure they looked great on you!

For me, up another .2. Not surprised with late eating and slightly different eating than normally - and of course, approaching ovulation. Oh well!

Gigi33
06-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi everyone. My husband's kids, grandkids and his father are all coming over for Father's Day. I enjoy seeing them, but get so nervous about having a binge. We're making a brisket so that part's easy because I don't eat red meat. But the sides (potato salad & coleslaw) and the chips that he wanted me to buy make me so nervous.

I don't want to have a binge.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/slider-pig/lb/146/117/141.2/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Diana3271
06-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Gigi33 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: Try to stay strong, you can do it. I don't know if it will be of any help for you, but there is a sub-forum on here called Chicks In Control. You might find some extra inspiration there. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/

Larry H
06-19-2011, 12:13 PM
My sodium was totally out of control yesterday and I certainly have paid for it with my morning weigh in.

Over night my weight is up 12 pounds!! :mad::devil::mad:

I ate ham steak at lunch and fish for dinner both sky high in sodium. The final result is that my sodium for the day was 4027 mg This is more than double my 2000 mg goal.

My calories at least were on plan at 1404.

I know that an over night gain of 12 pounds has to be fluid retention not fat. It still is a discouraging set back for me. :(:(:(:(

I walked a mile yesterday.

Hi to everyone!!:carrot: I sure hope you are doing better than I am.

Larry,

Diana3271
06-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Larry That is insane! Amazing how our body reacts to things. My crazy allergic reactions can result in a 3 pound gain. Once I start getting over the reaction, it can take 3 or 4 days to get rid of the water weight. Make sure you stay close to the bathroom for the next couple of days. ;) Hang in there, it will pass.

berryblondeboys
06-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Oh boy Larry - be careful. 4000 mg of sodium isn't THAT high to see such a huge weight gain overnight. Keep an eye on how you feel, OK?

K9Owner
06-19-2011, 03:49 PM
LARRY: CALL YOUR Cardiologist 1st thing Monday!!!!!!
Without Fail!!!!!!
Let him know at least, he may can adjust your meds over the phone.

Larry H
06-19-2011, 06:13 PM
LARRY: CALL YOUR Cardiologist 1st thing Monday!!!!!!
Without Fail!!!!!!
Let him know at least, he may can adjust your meds over the phone.

Krystal,

Thank you and thank you for your PM to me. As it happens I have a regular appointment with my cardiologist tomorrow (Monday). I will discuss this turn of events (sudden weight gain) with him and I will follow his directions.

I went on the internet and researched CHF symptoms and I also researched "sudden overnight weight gain" The only symptoms I seem to have right now is the weight gain and very minor pitting edema on my ankles. (Yes I check for that routinely, I have ever since my doctor explained how to check)

I worked outside today moving heavy totes to our storage shed. I am not lifting yet but the two wheel hand truck solves the moving and lifting issue well. I had absolutly no shortness of breath. I feel great. I will see what the cardiologist says. I had been exceeding my daily h2o allowance the last few days so I cut back today.

Larry,

IsabellaOlivia
06-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Down with the flu. I'm not counting calories when my energy is limited to laying in bed.

K9Owner
06-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Larry: One more thing.....
Don't be caught in the dark.....
Take an overnight bag......
Just in case ;)

darius
06-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Holy cow Larry; working outside in hot weather carrying heavy things, gaining 12 pounds overnight; something is not right. Why not back off on all of the heavy outside work until you talk to a doctor. Massive fluid shifts is something the body does when it is panicking over something - like 3rd degree burn victims for example.

Diana3271
06-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: Where does the weekend go?

Total Approx 1435 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Snack (100 Calories)