South Beach Diet - Phase 1 on-plan Thread starting Monday, 6/13

Mmckellen
06-12-2011, 07:22 PM
I figured I would start this special thread for those of us jumping back on Phase 1 and for all who are still on Phase 1. I'll be starting myself as of tomorrow...hope others will join in! I can really use the support. Will post menu and other goals starting tomorrow morning. See you then!

CyndiM
06-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks Matilda - I'm as ready as I can be. I've really maxed the birthday eating the last few days and am so ready to jump back on plan. Not too much off plan but a whole lot of eating overall. Seems the more carbs I have the more I just eat and eat.

I've got garlic basil cauliflower alfredo sauce, curried chick peas, refried beans and lots of good Trader joe foods. I'm working from home tomorrow and will make the egg muffins for the rest of the week. let's do it!

shelflife
06-13-2011, 04:52 AM
Awesome! I got back from Iceland last night, and now I'm ready to start! The scale is not showing any damage from the trip (159.6 this morning), but we'll see if that changes at all.

I suspect my birthday will be off plan on Thursday, but I think I should be able to make the other days work. I'll plan my menu and post it here. I'm going to keep track of my calories at the same time!

Now to browse some recipes!

Edited to Add:

Dinners this week
Mon: Basic greek salad with chicken
Tue: Turkey burgers (no bun) topped with grilled zucchini & laughing cow. Green beans.
Wed: Chicken, spinach, zucchini casserole
Thurs: Bday dinner out
Fri: I may be moving. We will see.

Also made up a batch of cauliflower cheese soup!

Mmckellen
06-13-2011, 06:15 AM
Monday Phase 1 (changed my original plan a bit)
B: 2 turkey roll ups (each with 2 slices turkey, 1/2 string cheese, 1/8 avocado, 1/4 pickle); low sodium spicy V8
S: 1/4 cup hummos with sliced cucumber
L: chick pea, eggplant, and zuccini salad
S: nf plain greek yogurt with 15 almonds
D: sliced stead with mashed cauliflower

goals for today:
exercise - yes 30 mins. rebounding
drink water - 96 oz. by days end
breathing exercises - became more aware of breathing, but did not do formal exercises

CyndiM
06-13-2011, 06:43 AM
B: leftover sauteed bok choi omelet with a T of chia, refried beans
S: don't usually need it with the chia added but if I do I'll have a string cheese
L: huge salad with a piece of salmon
S: curried chick pea crunchies
D: veggie sauce with Gimme Lean

exercise: walk, hoop

goals:
drink enough water
no unplanned snacking (snacking is not a stress reliever!)

ETA - So it was cold here so lunch needed to be warm. I had spinach, quorn things and cauliflower alfredo sauce. Afternoon snack was kefir instead of chick peas

cottagebythesea
06-13-2011, 06:59 AM
I spent the weekend compiling a list of my favorite Phase 1 recipes so I'd be prepared for the week. Breaking my oatmeal habit is going to be the hardest challenge for me, since I'm not much of an egg person. This Breakfast Casserole is delicious, though, and I hope it gets me through the morning.

B. Breakfast Casserole (eggs, ff cottage cheese, spinach, tomatoes, onion, lf Monterey Jack cheese)
S. Greek yogurt with chia and a bit of SF caramel syrup
L. big veggie-filled salad w/roasted chickpeas - no dressing
S. cherry tomatoes & string cheese
D. Portobello parmesan over broccoli slaw

TwynnB
06-13-2011, 08:27 AM
B: two eggs with canadian bacon and a sprinkle of RF cheese
S: fresh veggies
L: chicken salad (with beans, peppers, celery, and onion)
S: cheese stick
D: kabobs with mush, onion, salad

zeffryn
06-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Did I miss the memo about a phase 1 week for everyone? I'm on board, it is TOM this week and I'm having a heck of time fitting into anything. I'm also going to be doing a calorie check this week b/c my losses seem to have stalled.

P1

1: 1 egg, scrambled; 1 c. greek yogurt w/ cinnamon and stevia
2: salad greens w/ avocado, tomato, cucumber w/ hummus dressing; 1 T. almond butter
3: roasted chickpeas
4: hamburger sans bun, broccoli slaw w/ rf feta and a vinegar dressing
5: greek yogurt w/ cinnamon

exercise: 60 min. fat burner class, 1 mile run

calories for the day: 1303

Feeling drained - probably from TOM and the lack of sleep last night.

ultimatebea
06-13-2011, 09:44 AM
OK - I was SO gonna try this - but I realized I have an Ultimate game 4 out of 5 nights this week, and I cannot play 2 hours of Ultimate every night without some grains. I will live vicariously through all of you . . .

Be well -

Mmckellen
06-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Cottage, can I have the recipe for that breakfast casserole?

AriRuns
06-13-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm on board for a phase 1 redo! This is my menu for today:

B: 2 spanakopita muffins, 2 pc. turkey bacon, iced coffee w/ skim milk
S: string cheese, 15 almonds
L: salad w/ chicken, olives, tomato, cucumber, feta, cannellini beans, & Greek vinaigrette, cottage cheese
S: hummus & Greek yogurt dip w/ cucumbers
D: turkey burger w/ avocado, broccoli & cauliflower, cucumber & tomato salad

EmmaD
06-13-2011, 04:49 PM
This seems like a good time to give P1 a go again - no fun to do it alone, right?

I start eating later in the day but I need to work on *stopping* eating at a reasonable time or I just keep going :D. I am up 3 pounds from when I last recorded my weight (May 20). I haven't been so great about staying on plan with foods either.

Black tea with us almond milk
Walking, yoga, walking
B - Mexican chocolate cheesecake smoothie (cocoa powder, cinnamon, cottage cheese, nf Greek yogurt, stevia)
L - Black bean soup with melted lowfat cheddar cheese on top. Spinach salad on the side w/ olive oil dijon vinaigrette. Low sodium V-8 juice.
S - Orange pepper and broccoli florets with hummus. Iced green tea.
S - Celery with Laughing Cow light, 4 thick English cucumber rounds with tuna salad on top
D - Huge shrimp cocktail (w/ NSA cocktail sauce). Caprese salad. A few marinated mushrooms (in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic & thyme - Moosewood recipe)
dessert - almonds and walnuts. Nothing after 9 pm.

Ran this through FitDay - 1417 calories; 60g fat, 104g carbs (31 g fiber), 125g protein

cottagebythesea
06-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Well, the day is almost over and I'm pleased to say I did very well! :) I did skip my afternoon snack, though, since I wasn't the least bit hungry. I may have some chili-lime almonds if I feel hungry later, but I'm trying to get out of the "have to have a dessert" habit.

How did everyone else's day go?

BTW, Matilda, I just posted that Breakfast Casserole recipe in the Phase 1 breakfast ideas. I hope you like it!

nat4crim
06-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Well today is my official first day on the SBD. I weighed myself this morning and that wasn't fun but I'm hoping next Monday to see a good result.

B: 2 Scrambled Eggs, 1 cup sauteed mushrooms and 2 pieces Canadian bacon
S: Part-Skim String Cheese
L: 1 cup 1% Cottage Cheese and 2 Cups Mixed Raw Veggies
S: 30 pistachios
D: 4oz Grilled Top Sirloin, Sauteed Veggies (onion, pepper, mushrooms), Asparagus and Green Salad with 1tbsp yogurt Parmesan Caesar dressing.

My biggest downfall is evening snacking so if I get the urge I'll have some sugar free gum and/or herbal tea. I have a selection of really good loose leaf tea that I'm hoping will satisfy me.

I'm also planning on going for a brisk 40-45 minute walk today and going up a couple of hills.

nat4crim
06-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Oh SBD veterans please feel free to critique my meal plans as I post them if you see an area where I need improvement or where I may be not on plan.

CyndiM
06-13-2011, 07:24 PM
I made it through too. Even managed an hour walk after work was done :carrot: On to day 2!

Well, the day is almost over and I'm pleased to say I did very well! :) I did skip my afternoon snack, though, since I wasn't the least bit hungry. I may have some chili-lime almonds if I feel hungry later, but I'm trying to get out of the "have to have a dessert" habit.

How did everyone else's day go?

BTW, Matilda, I just posted that Breakfast Casserole recipe in the Phase 1 breakfast ideas. I hope you like it!

Mmckellen
06-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Yup, I made it through also! I did have some bites of turkey pastrami and cheese as I was making dinner, but not much. I drank all my water and exercised. One day at a time, but it feels good to have been on plan all day. Cottage, thanks for the recipe! I am going to try this next week.

noexcuses125
06-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie to SBD. It really appeals to me as far as a healthy way of eating. Made it through the first day with the following foods:
B: 1 hard-boiled egg, 1 egg white
S: none
L: Grilled tilapia and sauteed cabbage
S: none
D: Grilled chicken breast, cabbage

I see from other posts that I probably need to eat more and with more variety. I'll keep researching and posting my meals here. Thanks for the support.

shelflife
06-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Still feeling a little sick from my plane ride yesterday, so I ate some crackers to settle things. On plan for dinner with a basic Greek salad with chicken.

TwynnB
06-13-2011, 09:45 PM
WOO HOO!

Had to stop myself from eating a triscuit while making my DS's lunch today. But what I was excited about, is that I went to Olive Garden and managed to stay on plan!! I read ahead, and discovered on their grills, you can replace potatoes with brocolli...which was actually not laden with grease! I wasn't even tempted by the breadsticks! WOO HOO!

Thanks ladies!! (everyone else IRL would think I'm crazy!)

K9Owner
06-13-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm jumping on this veteran ship for sure! Now that all of the birthdays for this month are over and only 1 more holiday--Father's Day--I have to work it, so hopefully I'll fare well over the weekend if the girls at work DON'T order :jeno:

I have been doing P1 for 3 weeks on and off--more on than off--on the weekends, I BLOW it, but then resume life on Mondays.

FF Cheese Omelet: 142
Pintos, SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll, Mocha Ricotta Crème 452
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce, Mixed Beans, Jello, Greek Yogurt 432
Total: 1026

I was going to go to the market today for spaghetti squash, but never made it, so I put the sauce on my beans instead. I never missed the noodles!!

Mmckellen
06-14-2011, 06:11 AM
B: turkey roll ups; ls spicy V8
S: hummos and cucumber sticks
L: salad with chick peas, eggplant, zucchini, lemon and basil
S: lf greek yogurt, 15 almonds
D: chicken sausage and sauteed kale

Goals today:
exercise - yes, upper body circuit
water- yes, 90 oz.
breathing exercises- still working on this

cottagebythesea
06-14-2011, 06:36 AM
Here comes Day 2 of Phase 1!

B. Breakfast casserole
S. greek yogurt w/chia and sf vanilla syrup
L. big veggie salad w/avocado and roasted chick peas
S. cherry tomatoes & string cheese
D. leftover Portobello Parmesan over broccoli slaw

CyndiM
06-14-2011, 06:42 AM
Oops, got a little snacky last night. I'm hooked on the raw kale chips but they are usually made with seeds or nuts so a bit high calorie, especially when they aren't on my plan for the day!

Day 2:
B: flax muffin, refried beans
S: kefir
L: giant salad with salmon
S: string cheese (Trader Joe has fresh mozzarella string cheese. I'm in heaven), veggie sticks (maybe celery)
D: If the rain stops I'm going to grill myself some fish and asparagus, if not I'll grab take out at the Co-op since I'm on my own tonight

exercise:
arm weights, hoop & walk or bike

Goals:
100+ oz water
no unplanned snacking

Today will be a test. Lots of my off plan eating has been caused (excused) by insomnia and exhaustion. I really want carbs when I'm super tired and often gave in. Today I need to remember that the morning glory bread will not do anymore for me than the cup of coffee and if I must have food protein is a better choice.

shelflife
06-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Wt: 158.4
B: Break-free scrambled with 1/2 tomato, spinach & cheddar cheese. V8
Sn: Broccoli cheese soup x 2. cheese stick.
L: Raw kale salad with PB.
Sn: Cheese stick.
S: Turkey patty with grilled zucchini and laughing cow. Green beans.
Sn: Fake brownie?

Definitely having cravings today. The first time I did phase 1 I would eat in response to a craving, but only on phase 1 foods (therefore not satisfying what's likely a sugar craving with sugar). I'm taking the same approach today.

zeffryn
06-14-2011, 08:33 AM
P1

1: mexican chocolate cheesecake smoothie (cottage cheese, cocoa powder, US almond milk, cinnamon, stevia)
2: raw kale salad
3: edamame
4: family is having chicken tetrazzini....must figure out something else...

exercise: 60 min. booty barre class, 60 min. yoga class, 2 mile run

shelflife
06-14-2011, 08:38 AM
P1

1: mexican chocolate cheesecake smoothie (cottage cheese, cocoa powder, US almond milk, cinnamon, stevia)
2: raw kale salad
4: family is having chicken tetrazzini....must figure out something else...

exercise: 60 min. booty barre class, 60 min. yoga class, 2 mile run

zeff - do you do anything special to your edamame to eat it? I have some frozen in my freezer. Do I just thaw it and eat it whole?

zeffryn
06-14-2011, 08:54 AM
I just throw some into a bowl with a teeny bit of water (probably about a tablespoon), and pop it into the micro for 60 seconds or so. drain the water and lightly salt.

I've found that they are a really great afternoon snack. Salty cures the cravings for munchies and the protein really keeps me satisfied until dinner. I probably have about 1/2 c. in a sitting.

EmmaD
06-14-2011, 12:49 PM
TwynnB - congrats on the Olive Garden success! That's a hard place to do well.

And congrats to everyone else for Day 1 of this round of Phase 1 DONE.

I did well yesterday! Ate everything on plan, minus my second planned snack, but I didn't add anything.

I did discover something: My serving sizes for hummus and mozzarella cheese (in Caprese salad) were double what I planned for! [4 Tablespoons vs. 2 and 2 oz vs 1] I didn't care yesterday, given what else I was eating, but in general it is something to think about. I almost always weigh nuts for this reason.

Now on to Day 2.

B - Coffee with nf milk. Mediterranean scramble (eggs, spinach, sundried tomatoes, lf feta), low sodium vegetable juice
L - black bean soup with melted lf cheddar cheese, side Caprese salad
S - broccoli florets and orange pepper strips with roasted red pepper hummus
S2 - 1/2 oz almonds and 1/2 oz walnuts
Dinner - Cioppino on steamed cabbage. Huge romaine lettuce salad.
dessert - Greek yogurt

KO
06-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Hi Chicks
I'm sneaking in from a post Birthday Food Fest
yesterday was for the most part Ph 1 today I'm on 1.25 because I have OJ in the salad dressing for tonight
Breakfast
1/4 cup TVP 1 scoop Protein
coffee with 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
Lunch
Salad with 1/4 cup garbanzos(would be half normally)
1 hb egg sliced
1 serving turkey luncheon meat

PM snack
100 cal pack almonds and walnuts

Dinner lemon herb chicken
Salad with citrus herb dressing

Stopfat
06-14-2011, 01:11 PM
I just started phase 1 on Monday:

Brkfst: 1 egg cheese and ham omelet.
1 glass vegetable juice.
1 cup coffee with milk.

Snack: bell pepper and cucumber dipped in miso guacamole.

Lunch: Fake crab salad, with chopped pepper, yogurt, and a little mayo (I hope fake crab counts--it really didn't have too many carbs or sugar) on a bed of lettuce.

Snack: Almond flavored egg custard thing sweetened with stevia.

Dinner: sauteed rock fish and cauliflower with a little bit of pesto and Parmesan cheese mixed into it.

Dessert: another egg custard thing.

WooHoo! The only thing I did that was a little questionable, was use normal cheese in the omelet and eat a little extra of the egg custard than I expected (I ruined one by accidentally pouring water into it and made it into a drink that I would not recommend to anyone--I still don't like wasting food, even on a diet.)

noexcuses125
06-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Hi, all - Halfway through D2 and lovin' it! Here's the plan so far:

B - Black coffee, small leftover grilled steak, grilled zucchini and roasted red peppers
S - none
L - Grilled Greek chicken, Braised cabbage
S - Celery sticks
D - Tuna and white bean salad with onions and tomatoes over baby escarole, olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing

I'm drinking water like mad today but I'm still getting "backed up." After reading through other threads, I've decided to get some Metamucil and make that a daily habit to take care of that slight problem.

Also, I gained 0.4 pound from yesterday to today. I'm not too worried, though, because I think that's the result of the Mickey D's treat I gave myself over the weekend.

And guess what -- even though I ate the whole thing, I discovered that Mickey D's doesn't hold the same appeal it once did for me. I got the chicken selects -- which I used to adore -- but they tasted stale, greasy, heavy, and fake. I'm pretty sure I got that craving out of my system and will be able to resist McD's for a long, long time. It really is poison, isn't it?

Hope it's OK that I'm a newbie on this thread and that it's not just for veteran Beachers. Have a great day, everyone!:carrot::carrot:

FurnaceOfAchievement
06-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Go, Phase-1-ers, Go!
Though I'm sticking with my transition from Phase 1.5 to 2 (this is where I've screwed up in the past) I am definitely getting lots of meal inspirations from you. Thanks and keep up the good work! Be sure to post how many days it takes for you to loose your cravings and when it becomes easy for you to pass up off-plan foods! That realization moment is just so awesome. :)

nat4crim
06-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Cyndi M, what are flax muffins? Do you buy them or make them?

It seems like a lot of you eat kale, maybe I should expand my vegetable variety and try it. I've heard you can bake kale with salt and it's like kale chips.

Day 2-Phase 1

B: Ziplock Omelet (mushrooms, peppers, onion, tomatoes, cheddar & canadian bacon) served with Salsa
S: String Cheese
L: Large salad with 1/2 cup black beans and salsa & spicy ranch dressing
D: Grilled Greek Chicken, Greek Salad and Steamed Broccoli

If I need to snack my plan is to have some herbal tea and sugar free gum and/or try 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese with vanilla extract and cinnamon.

I did 40 minutes total body weight/resistance training and 20 minutes of HITT today.

Stopfat
06-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Kale is really good for you. I've made kale chips and really like them. If you are not too into veggies (like I'm not), then Kale chips are definitely the way to go. You can use a spray on olive or canola oil, that way they don't get too oily.

Phase 1, day 2

B-omelet with low fat gouda, spinach, and turkey bacon. Vegetable juice. Coffee.
snack-grape tomatoes with an oz of low fat gouda.
L--fake crab mixed with relish and mayo and mustard. Cauliflower with pesto and parmisan.
Snack--egg custard thing.
Extra snack--low fat ricotta cheese mixed with vanilla, peppermint, and cocoa powder.
Edit
Dinner--five stuffed mini-portabellas, stuffed with spinach, marinara sauce, and a little ricotta cheese. Half a boiled sausage.

Did good. Started craving in the afternoon, hence the "extra" snack which is actually a desert. Then I ate boiled sausage that I was making for husband, but didn't touch the pasta! Overall, I did good. This morning I was surprised to have not lost much water weight, but I did notice that my waste was a full inch smaller than it has been in several months.

cottagebythesea
06-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Noexcuses, this thread is for oldies and newbies alike and everyone who is doing Phase 1 is welcome. We're happy you decided to jump in and share your Phase 1 experiences and menus. :)

TwynnB
06-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Resisting....glass....of....wine....!!!

B: 2 eggs with canadian bacon and sprinkle of cheese
S: oops, working
L: chicken salad with lots o veggies
S: cheese stick, cut up veggies
D: shrimp taco salad
then 60 min bike ride
then I felt like I was starving! Way too many cashews, but at least on plan...

K9Owner
06-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Another OP Day 2 for me! I can seriously do this during the week, I never feel deprived, it's the *%&$ weekends!!!

Mixed Beans, Homemade Spaghetti Sauce, Greek yogurt 300
Mixed Beans, Homemade Spaghetti Sauce 190
((not a typo, I ate it 2 x today!!))
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, Mixed Beans, Jello 364
Total: 854 :fr:

h20: 13 cups/104 ounces :woohoo:

Here's some extra :dust: for all of us. I think I can safely say we can use any anyone is willing to share :)

Black Bean soup sounds YUMMI to me!!!

K9Owner
06-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Kale is really good for you. I've made kale chips and really like them. If you are not too into veggies (like I'm not), then Kale chips are definitely the way to go. You can use a spray on olive or canola oil, that way they don't get too oily.

I must try these. Is this all you do to them? Just spritz and bake? How long?

zeffryn
06-14-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm right there with you resisting the wine....saw a bottle of wine tonight at Sam's that was screaming my name. With all the birthday prep for DS1, a glass of wine would be awesome...just two weeks...just two weeks...

AriRuns
06-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Day 2
B: 2 spanakopita muffins, 2 pc. turkey bacon, iced coffee
S: roasted chick peas, string cheese
L: tuna, cottage cheese, spinach salad w/cannellini beans
S: celery w/ PB
S: turkey/laughing cow roll ups
D: turkey burger w/ avocado, broccoli & cauliflower

Has anyone tried the kale chips with hummus? I miss eating pita chips with my hummus and I'm wondering if having that crunchy texture would be enough? I might have to try this!

RNmomof5
06-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I posted here. I try to follow sbd but lately have really gone off plan and I feel like i'm having a hard time regaining control. I am strongly considering doing p1 as I know this will rid my cravings and hopefully help with these pounds that have creeped back on. My only concern is the fact that I've taken up running over the last few months, and now run 3-4 days per week. i'm scared with the drastic decrease in carbs, i may not have the energy to keep up. Any advise???

zeffryn
06-14-2011, 11:34 PM
RN - I average 25 miles per week most weeks and don't usually have a problem with phase 1. make sure you're getting good carbs in the form of beans and dairy and you should be ok.

Mmckellen
06-15-2011, 06:05 AM
I peed out 2.2 lbs. of water last night. I couldn't sleep, but was happy for the scale reward this am.

B: turkey roll ups, ls v8
S: hummos with cucumbers
L: chick pea salad with eggplant, zuccini, lemon and basil
S: 15 almonds, nf greek yogurt
D: 3 portobello mushroom caps with 4 turkey meatballs baked with cheese on top yum!!!!

I'm also having such a problem resisting wine. I am usually ok during the week but on the weekends I like to have it. I'm having an internal negotiation in my head about this weekend. Obviously it's not Phase 1 compliant.

Goals today:
Exercise- yes, abs work and 20 mins. rebounding with arm weights on
Water-yes should be 96 oz by day's end
Breathing exercises-working on it!!

cottagebythesea
06-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Matilda, :lol: I wish it was that easy for me! I don't weigh, but I have been making a lot more visits to the potty lately.

Phase 1 is going much more better for me that I had anticipated. The only problem I find is that since it's been years since I've been on Phase 1, I find myself reaching automatically for foods I can't have yet, and have to keep reminding myself of it. I really miss fruit, but I can hang in there for another 11 days. :)

B. breakfast casserole
S. none - no time today!
L. veggie filled salad with roasted chickpeas, avocado and feta - no dressing
S. greek yogurt w/chia and sf caramel syrup
D. braised Swiss chard & cannellini beans

CyndiM
06-15-2011, 07:46 AM
B: asparagus pancake - asparagus, egg & ground chia topped with smart strips & rf cheese
S: kefir
L: large salad, leftover grilled fish & tzatziki dressing (my new fave - 1 servings plus a little kefir to thin it)
S: string cheese, celery sticks
D: it will be out so I'll be prepared in case I can't find anything. I travel with ff Greek yogurt, chick pea crunchies and raw veggies.

exercise - several small walks

Yesterday my food was perfect but I missed exercise. I was so exhausted last night that I just fell into bed. The birthday weekend weight all dropped off this morning happily.

zeffryn
06-15-2011, 08:33 AM
I love phase 1. Water weight falls off like a dream. Down 5 lbs. from Sunday :)

Today is my DS1's 5th birthday so we're going to be celebrating (for the next several days since nobody in my extended family can get along). DS chose a pizza buffet/arcade for his birthday dinner.

P1

1: ff greek yogurt w/ 1 T. sf jelly and stevia; 1 scrambled egg
2: kale salad
4: salad @ pizza buffet..wish me luck.

water water water water

exercise: 60 min. zumba, 2 mile run

shelflife
06-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Moving tomorrow :eek: Today will inevitably be hectic!

B: Break-free with spinach & gouda. V8.
L: Unsure.
S: Porkchops? Might wind up out if all my pans are packed up.

K9Owner
06-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Couple of quick questions:
1. Where do you buy chia?
2. I know fruits are not allowed in P1, but I bought some Polaner Sugar Free strawberry preserves and orange marmalade with Fiber--here's is the nutritional content--tell me what you think. I used 1 T for my cottage cheese this a.m.

Will it kill my P1??

per 1 Tablespoon/17g
Calories: 10
Fat: 0
Carbs: 5
Fiber: 3
Sugar: 0
Protein: 0

Stopfat
06-15-2011, 12:08 PM
As for the kale chips, they would not be good for hummus (the ones baked at home) because they are very thin and will not hold dip.

I've made them before by a recipe I found online. I think the oven was to be around 350, but it could be put lower. You can spray the baking sheet with oil, then lay down the pieces of kale, then spray them with oil. Then season them. They only take around 15 min, but they burn really easily which is why I would experiment with the oven temp and time. If the edges are turning a slight brown color then they will taste burnt. If you want the crispiness to be even throughout the chips then you will need to cut out the long thing in the middle of the leave (Ok--I should know the name for it but... you know, the long thing that connects to the stem--the vein?). Anyway, they are good with the smaller veins, and I kinda like to leave them in, although they won't be uniformly crispy. They are pretty easy and super yummy.

Here's an allrecipe for them: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/baked-kale-chips/Detail.aspx

If you want, you can use a spray oil and I'm pretty sure it will end up using less oil than drizzling would. (The allrecipe calls for drizzling.)

I too wanted a glass of wine yesterday, but I will get to drink a whole two 4 oz glasses when these two weeks conclude!

K9owner, I would count the sugar free preserves as one of the "sweet treats" that are allowed. They don't have any sugar!

Stopfat
06-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Plan for day 3:
B--egg over easy on a bed of spinach, mushroom, marinara, mixed w/ a little ricotta cheese (leftover stuffing for shrooms.) Coffee with milk.

snack--Lettuce wrap with 2 tbsp ricotta/garlic cheese and two deli slices of ham.

L--A veggie burger with two pieces of lettuce.

Snack--two or three stuffed mushrooms.

Edit: Dinner--There was free pizza at my son's class party today! He refused to eat his piece of pepperoni pizza, so I did.
A bowl of steamed broccoli.

Desert-- the cocoa mint ricotta cheese cup.

After desert extra meal?--4-5 oz grilled tri-tip....hmmm. I seem to be getting off track a little.

Stuff that I wasn't supposed to eat, but ate (after the pizza): 5 potato chips and one cookie. Hmmm...maybe there is something to this sugar craving stuff--since I was doing fine before I ate the slice of pizza.

zeffryn
06-15-2011, 12:52 PM
K9 - Chia can be found at any health food store and some larger supermarkets. I usually buy it on Amazon, though, because it is cheaper.

SF preserves are allowed on P1...for what reason, I have no idea. It completely baffles me, but they are :) I stir sf strawberry preserves into plain ff yogurt or cottage cheese for a snack!

noexcuses125
06-15-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm disappointed I didn't see a drop on the scale this morning. Weight's exactly the same as yesterday. However, it turns out I started TOM yesterday, so that's probably the reason.

Plan for today:
B: coffee (got busy at work so I forgot to eat)
S: same as B
L: 1/3 Herbalife protein shake*, grilled chicken, cabbage
S: Celery
D: Scallopes, pureed cauliflower & asparagus

* Had an experience at lunch involving my boss. She is all crazy about these Herbalife shakes, and a shop opened up near our office that sells these for $6. Anyway, she bought one the other day, and they told her if she brings in 3 friends she gets a free shake. So today she wanted to show me where the shop was so I could get my free shake and get her credit for one of the 3 friends. I don't know why I didn't say no. I went with her and got the free shake. It's quite good, but they couldn't tell me how much sugar (if any) was in it, or anything about it except it had 35 grams of protein. I got back to the office and left to run errands and took the shake with me. When I got home, I threw the rest down the drain, because it just tasted too sweet to me not to have sugar in it. ILesson learned: HAVE to learn to stick up for myself and my own eating habits!!!

shelflife
06-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Damnit. Just had an emotional binge. Derailed from phase one :(

I had cat poo all over my jeans, my shirt sleeves were covered in melted plastic, and my shoes & feet were slopping wet (it was a rough morning). I just drove over to the italian market down the street and inhaled meatballs & pasta. And then dessert.

I'm still a total ball of stress, but I'll have to reflect a bit (a lot) on what just happened when I can think straight again.

FurnaceOfAchievement
06-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Shelflife, ((HUG)) Don't stress out about this right now - you have too much other stuff going on! Packing and moving and all that jazz. Instead, just plan your next day of meals & snacks, even if that includes what restaurants/take-outs/drive-thrus you may need if you're without a kitchen during the transition. Cat poo sucks - what's done is done. Just focus on lots of water and taking command of your next meal.

KO
06-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Work Birthday today (Mine from last week)
so somewhat derailed but not entirely
Breakfast TVP Hot Cereal with protein

Lunch antepasto Salad
and ice cream cake
I asked for SF Fudge pops but they decided since only I would eat them that it was a no and as the Birthday girl I got guilted into cake

Pm snack rpobably nothing

Dinner lemon chicken

EmmaD
06-15-2011, 04:09 PM
KO - :lol: about the sugar-free fudge pops at your birthday party. Love it! Happy Birthday - and sorry you were guilted into eating cake on your birthday!

I was starving yesterday! I ate everything up to my dinner (including what was supposed to be "dessert" in the afternoon) and was still ravenous so I had an off-plan protein bar. Not a *horrible* choice, but I'm sure it has sugar in it (didn't check; it's the kind I used when I was calorie-counting and lifting weights)... Then had a veggie burger on lettuce leaf instead of my planned cioppino/cabbage/salad. Again, not horrible but less veggies than planned... oh I forgot about the extra celery with natural peanut butter and lowfat cheese ... grrrrrr .... I hate that munchy, don't-want-to-eat-what-I-planned feeling!!

ANYway, a slightly off plan start to today - I ended up on the phone for hours this morning and my hubby ate my yogurt that is always a backup. Back on track now though! I planned a lot of food in case I need it (based on yesterday) but I bet I won't eat all of it.

B - tea with almond milk x 2 while on phone
L - Black bean soup (luckily it's good since it made around 6 servings) with avocado and a dollop of fat free Greek yogurt. Iced green tea.
S (more like another lunch!) - Phase-1 OK veggie burger patty on a lettuce leaf (good, filling "snack" at only 110 cal, not including condiments) with nsa ketchup, mustard and dill pickle slices
S2 - Orange pepper slices and raw cauliflower with hummus
S3? - celery with natural peanut butter and 1 oz lowfat cheese slices
D - Cioppino on steamed cabbage, huge Romaine lettuce salad
dessert - Greek yogurt

shelflife
06-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Shelflife, ((HUG)) Don't stress out about this right now - you have too much other stuff going on! Packing and moving and all that jazz. Instead, just plan your next day of meals & snacks, even if that includes what restaurants/take-outs/drive-thrus you may need if you're without a kitchen during the transition. Cat poo sucks - what's done is done. Just focus on lots of water and taking command of your next meal.

Big thanks for the support furnace. I really needed that.

Mmckellen
06-15-2011, 06:56 PM
More :hug:s shelf! You have gone through so much lately. I also noticed you're only about 4 lbs. from goal!! With all the disruption, why not try to maintain until things settle down, and then one last push towards goal.

Stopfat
06-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Damnit. Just had an emotional binge. Derailed from phase one :(

I had cat poo all over my jeans, my shirt sleeves were covered in melted plastic, and my shoes & feet were slopping wet (it was a rough morning). I just drove over to the italian market down the street and inhaled meatballs & pasta. And then dessert.

I'm still a total ball of stress, but I'll have to reflect a bit (a lot) on what just happened when I can think straight again.

You have a lot to do right now so don't beat yourself up. You're still doing great! I had pizza today, but I'm gonna get back on plan (of course, I am not moving right now so it is a lot easier for me!) I agree that you shouldn't beat yourself up for maintaining right now, and you can always give a bigger "push" for your goal when you can afford more attention for it.

nat4crim
06-16-2011, 01:29 AM
Happy Birthday KO!

Shelflife, don't beat yourself up. We are all human and we all derail from our diets from time to time. The key is to put it behind you and keep going.

Yesterday night was tough, I had a wicked headache and felt off. Today a little of the same. Could this be the sbd 'flu'? I keep having these visions of eating an entire carton of blueberries. I have fruit and grains in the house because I have a toddler who I have to feed. It kills me to feed her the stuff and not have any. The good thing about this diet is I really don't have much urge to snack at night. It's probably because I'm satisfied with all the protein but also because by then I can't see myself eating one more veggie or anymore dairy.

B: 1 cut fat free plain yogurt and 2TBSP natural peanut butter
S: 1 hard boiled egg, raw veggies with tzatziki sauce
L: 1 cup of tomato soup (no sugar added) and 1/2 cup grilled chicken
S: String cheese
D: Chicken Fajitas with Butter Lettuce Wraps, Guacamole and Cheddar
S: Herbal Tea, Sugar Free Gum

Got in a good 40 minute walk. I live in a hilly neighborhood so that helps and so does pushing a stroller up the steep hill.

L1vingDreams
06-16-2011, 02:25 AM
Wednesday!!

Breakfast: 3 Fried eggs, mushrooms, spinach, salsa, hot sauce
Snack: String Cheese
Lunch: Salad and a side of 4 meatballs
Snack: Sugar Snap Peas
Dinner: Pork Ribs and asparagus

shelflife
06-16-2011, 05:15 AM
Thanks ladies. You are such good supports!
I packed away my scale last night and I'm not gonna obsess about it until I'm settled in my new place. I will, however, do my best to stay on plan so life doesn't turn into a big carb/binge fest until then! Dinner tonight will be off plan, however ;)

B: PB, milk, v8
L: Turkey roll ups with veg & hummus
Sn: Cheese stick
S: Unsure - birthday dinner out!

K9Owner
06-16-2011, 06:01 AM
Zeffryn: Thanks for the info :)

Stopfat: Thanks for the kale chips. I intend to try these this week, when I can locate some decent looking kale!

Okay, more questions....you guys are going to think I’m insane for sure! I have been doing P1 since Wednesday, May 25 during the week and then I blow it on the weekends with high processed carbs and sugar b/c I have been out of town or it’s been someone’s birthday for the past 3 weeks. So, for 12 days (not straight) I’ve been doing very well on P1.
On June 2, I developed an infection that forced me to cease exercise—I couldn’t sweat—which was okay, since I was doing P1. I still lost weight even without cardio. I play tennis, do Zumba, and run—not all at the same time :lol:
So, now the infection is better and yesterday I went out to play a round of tennis. OMG! I was so weak. I felt like my blood sugar was less than 70 (low) and I had to get a protein bar to make it through a 45 min round of tennis, even then, I was struggling!

The question is how does SBD P1 work when you’re so used to doing so much cardio?
The weather was hot. I was properly hydrated, but I felt weak and dizzy—the feeling that you get when you experience a little hypoglycemia.

I had to divert from P1 and felt totally terrible even while consuming a Marathon bar, b/c I knew I was off plan (and it was :barf: )

SBD Crepes w/ Maple Grove Syrup, Cottage Cheese, Polaner Strawberry Preserves 214
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce, Mixed Beans 480
Luna Bar, Marathon Bar 390
Glenn’s Cauliflower Bake, Italian Green Beans 197
Total 1281

Tennis/ k9 walk -385

Mmckellen
06-16-2011, 06:05 AM
K9, your body was probably very weak from recovering from your infection (not my business, but I am so curious about what kind of infection would make you not sweat), I would move slowly back to exercise now, especially since you've been on Phase 1. There is a dip in energy when you do Phase 1 to begin with because of the lack of good carbs. Start to ease back into it by taking slow walks, that's my recommendation. Sorry you had that experience, I'm not diabetic or hypo but that's happened to me a couple of times after not eating enough protein all day and it's scary.

Mmckellen
06-16-2011, 06:20 AM
Resisted the wine again last night. I'm exercising my "resistance muscle" ;) which I just re-read about in Beck.

B: turkey roll ups, ls V8
S: hummos with cucumber
L: eggplant, chick pea, zuccini salad with lemon and basil (finished this salad up - finally)
S: lf cheese stick and 15 almonds
S: (couldn't resist it) glass of wine, extra serving of nuts
D: mashed cauliflower baked with cheese and a little bacon!

Exercise: 40 minute walk with one hill
Water:on target for 96 oz. today
Breathing: total fail

TwynnB
06-16-2011, 06:40 AM
K9Owner - are there luna/marathon bars that are phase I compliant? FWIW - I'm pretty active, and haven't had a problem when I eat beans and dairy. I did the first time around though!! I did a 4 mile trail run (um, I live in the mountains....so pretty intense) without any energy problems on Monday, and then a 1 hour bike ride (mountains!) Tuesday. Good luck!

I'm considering doing phase 1.5/2 over the weekend...we're going camping. With everything in my life (read: mom), I'm not sure I want to stress about having to bring me compliant foods in a tent and feed my family camping food. I think I'll be fine avoiding potato chips if I have my bean and corn salad. It would be harder to avoid s'mores though!! If I do too poorly, I can do phase I again next week.

cottagebythesea
06-16-2011, 07:05 AM
P1D4 -
Wow, already Day 4 and I'm feeling terrific! :) I am a little concerned about the weekend, but with a plan in place, I should be fine.

B. the last of the Breakfast Casserole
S. greek yogurt w/chia and sf vanilla syrup
L. leftover Beans 'n Greens
S. raw veggies w/hummus
D. spagetti squash with laughing cow, chickpeas, and diced tomatoes

zeffryn
06-16-2011, 08:21 AM
P1

DS1's extended family party tonight. Going off plan to phase 2 for dinner tonight with fruit, no bun on my burger. so so so so much to do!

1: strawberry cheesecake smoothie w/ added vanilla protein powder
2: big bowl full of veggies (spinach, peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and cukes) + 2 T. hummus and 1/4 c. 3 bean salad; unsweetened iced tea
3: late lunch, got busy, missed my snack
4: hamburger patty, tomatoes, broccoli, fruit, iced green tea

exercise: 45 min. step class, 35 min. treadmill

K9Owner
06-16-2011, 09:52 AM
K9Owner - are there luna/marathon bars that are phase I compliant? FWIW - I'm pretty active, and haven't had a problem when I eat beans and dairy. I did the first time around though!! I did a 4 mile trail run (um, I live in the mountains....so pretty intense) without any energy problems on Monday, and then a 1 hour bike ride (mountains!) Tuesday. Good luck!

These bars are defo NOT P1 compliant. I doubt they are P2 or P3 compliant either--but that's what I had in my Jeep at the time. :(

K9Owner
06-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Thanks ladies for your prompt responses :)
I'm not diabetic, but I'm pretty sure anyone can experience hypoglycemic symptoms given the proper circumstances.
I have been shopping at the mall before without eating all day and get symptomatic and have to grab a quick snack from the vendor.

noexcuses125
06-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Oh, happy day! Dropped 1.6 lbs from yesterday! It's so good to see that scale move downwards again. Plus, I put on a size 14 suit that I haven't worn for years. Life is good. :carrot:

Here's today's plan:
B: 3 egg whites, hardboiled
S: none (too busy at work)
L: tuna and white beach salad on escarole boats, with tomatoes and onions
S: gonna try and get in some grilled chickn and celery
D: Grilled shrimp and sauteed spinach w garlic

It's very motivating coming to this forum every day and reading everyone's posts. It keeps me psyched. Thanks, everyone!

Stopfat
06-16-2011, 01:45 PM
I am a little disappointed about losing only 1 lb of water weight since the three days I've been on Phase 1. I know I derailed a little yesterday--ok, a lot. But not in large quantities! Just in variety. This morning I ate one or two handful of potato chips :o. I better get back on track. Anyway--one nice thing is that although I only lost one pound of water, my waste measurement is down by one inch from the average six months, and down by three inches from last week. Probably because bread products are so bloating. But it's nice to feel the difference.
Another good thing is that I've resisted wine and cigarettes--which are probably bigger vices than even the one slice of pizza and the couple of handfuls of potato chips (and the 4-5 oz of tri tip). I really have to amp up the exercise if I want to lose the weight!

Brk--cup of almond flavored custard sweetened with stevia.
Four mushrooms stuffed with spinach, a little ricotta, and tomato sauce.

snk--handfull of potato chips (I know--bad hand!)

Lunch--baked portabella pizza with skimpy cheese. and some lunch meat.

snk--bowl full of brocolli w/ a teaspoon pesto.

dinner--iceburg salad with tomato and sliced tri tip. no dressing or vinigar.

zeffryn
06-16-2011, 05:33 PM
stopfat - even though your cheats are in small amounts, they can still add up to a lack of losing. little things like chips have large amounts of sodium and can make that water weight creep on. a clean phase 1 with lots of water is super important!

K9Owner
06-16-2011, 05:58 PM
I have been doing so well all day and now at 5pm, I am FAMISHED.
I ate some mixed beans and Lazy Cabbage Roll (336 cals worth), but I am still hungry.
I've eaten 997 total cals--74 net carbs.
NO doubt I will be over today in cals :cry:

K9Owner
06-16-2011, 06:16 PM
I have some NOW Whey Protein Isolate that I purchased from Amazon. Can you all tell me if it's SBD friendly?

Cals: 230
Fat: 0.6g
Cholesterol: 9mg
Carbs: 7g
Sugar: 5g
Protein: 50g
Sodium: 90mg
Stevia: 75mg

TwynnB
06-16-2011, 06:24 PM
B: eggs with canadian bacon and sprinkle cheese
L: tuna and canellini bean salad
S: cheese stick, chopped up veggies
D: leftover olive garden grill chicken and veggies

Mmckellen
06-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Ugh, I cheated with wine this evening. Moving right along...

K9, I don't think that is SBD friendly, but I'd have to see an ingredient list. Particularly to find out where the sugars come from.

Mmckellen
06-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Stopfat, 1 lb. of loss in 3 days with your cheats is actually totally amazing.

K9Owner
06-16-2011, 08:06 PM
NOW Whey Protein Nutritional Data (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/whey.html)

If you would like to take a peek at the ingredients. Scroll down, it's on the right, but be sure to use Natural Vanilla and not Dutch Chocolate :)

Mmckellen
06-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Fructose looks to be the second ingredient, and fructose is sugar, so I would say no, at least for now. Is it possible to buy an unsweetened whey?

K9Owner
06-16-2011, 09:17 PM
MmcKellen: Darn! They do make unsweetened. I should have opted for that when I bought it. Since it does contain fructose, would that be a P2 item? or P3?

Another OP day for me despite having the munchies at 5pm.

FF Cheese Omelet, Greek Yogurt, SF Caramel Syrup, 14g Slivered Almonds 440
Italian Green Beans, Glenn’s Cauliflower Bake 131
SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll, Mixed Beans, Jello 376
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad 200
Total: 1237
Sodium: 3031 :eek:

H20: 11cups/88oz

:goodscale is tomorrow for me. I had seen a 2 lb gain on Monday after my :censored:
dessert. We’ll see how this goes with all of this sodium today! :mad:

AriRuns
06-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Oops, forgot to post yesterday!

Wednesday 6/15
B: 2 scrambled eggs, cottage cheese w/tomato, ½ avocado, iced coffee
S: 1 oz. colby jack cheese
L: tuna, roasted chickpeas, cucumber slices
S: Greek yogurt w/ SF raspberry jam
D: parmesan crusted tilapia, spinach salad

A perfectly on plan day until 8:00 PM when something came over me and *made* me eat 4 Oreos. I don't even like Oreos...

Thursday 6/16
B: 2 spanakopita muffins, 2 pc. turkey bacon, iced coffee
S: roasted chick peas, cottage cheese
L: salad w/ chicken, olives, tomato, cucumber, feta, cannellini beans, & Greek vinaigrette
S: turkey/laughing cow roll ups, iced coffee
S: almonds, string cheese
D: got home at 9:30 PM and ate a NSA fudgesicle... calling it dinner.

nat4crim
06-17-2011, 01:23 AM
I'm feeling a bit better today, not as many headaches. But I still have a weird feeling in my stomach. I guess my digestive system is adapting to the lack of grains and fruit. Similar to K9owner I had a rough time working out today. I just lacked the energy. I pushed myself doing HITT on the treadmill and then struggled through my weight lifting video. I had to take many breaks. Before starting I was weak and reached for an unplanned cheese string. In retrospect I should have eaten an extra egg at breakfast. Right after the workout, I ate a hard boiled egg to tide me over until lunch. Despite the extra snacks today, I still did good calorie wise. Wonder if I should track sodium as well?

B: Baked Egg on 2 Pieces of Canadian Bacon and topped with slice of cheddar and Celery Sticks
S: String Cheese
S: Hard Boiled Egg
L: Chicken Fajita Salad with southwest dressing and salsa
D: Squash Pizza (OMG-this was amazing!!!)
S: 1/2 cup roasted chickpeas and jicama strips with chili powder and lime

Mmckellen
06-17-2011, 06:04 AM
nat4crim, could be the SBD flu too...I think that's why we are recommended to go slow on exercise for the first weeks of Phase 1. Carbs really do give you more energy.

I'm back on track after I had wine last night. At least I stayed on plan food wise.

Today:
B: turkey roll ups, ls v8
S: string cheese, 6 almonds and a v8
L: 1/3 cup hummos mixed w/1/2 cup nf greek yogurt with leftover bean salad and cherry toms
S: a little brie and a couple of pork rinds I KNOW but at least it's not white flour or potato
D: iceburg wedge salad with lf ns blue cheese dressing and defatted crisp bacon YUM!!

exercise: cleaned my apt. like a maniac and did 4 loads laundry
water: yes on track for 96 oz.
breathing: gotta do it

TwynnB
06-17-2011, 06:46 AM
MMCK - LOL...I wasn't the only one. I bought my dad malt balls (one of his old favorites) for father's day, and realized I can't ship them with the heat. I broke down and ate a few (maybe 6) but didn't honestly enjoy them. Didn't stop the scale either :D, although it's not like it sent me into a binge.

B: cinnamon omelette
S: cut up veggies
L: tuna and bean salad
S: cheese stick
D: hamburgers or similar, bean salad

this is where I'll start doing more of a phase II, since we're going camping. My kids LOVE the bean and corn salad, and so do I, so it's a great thing to bring with me. After this emotionally draining week, I won't be too hard on myself

cottagebythesea
06-17-2011, 06:57 AM
P1D5!

B. Flax muffin
S. Greek yogurt w/chia and sf peppermint patty syrup
L. green salad chock full of veggies, avocado, walnuts and blue cheese laughing cow
S. cucumber and pepper strips w/hummus
D. leftover spagetti squash with tomatoes and chickpeas
S. raw crudites at the Tastefully Simple demo

TwynnB
06-17-2011, 07:38 AM
OMG cottage, your lunch sounds SO YUMMY....I might have to change my plan. Glad phase I is going so well for you!!

zeffryn
06-17-2011, 08:27 AM
inspired by cottage's breakfast...

P1

1: greek yogurt w/ mint extract and stevia
2: 3 oz. salmon, steamed broccoli
4: kale salad w/ hummus dressing

exercise: 60 min. strength training, 30 min. run

fozentusic
06-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Is anyone continuing on with phase one for next week? I think I'm going back to it again for a while, beginning tomorrow.

cottagebythesea
06-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Is anyone continuing on with phase one for next week? I think I'm going back to it again for a while, beginning tomorrow.

Definitely me! I'm doing the full two weeks. :)

Mmckellen
06-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Yes, I'm continuing with it through Sunday the 26th. I'll start a new thread for next week on Sunday monring.

Stopfat
06-17-2011, 02:50 PM
I totally fell off the bandwagon--But I'm going to re-start on Saturday or Sunday and do the full two weeks.
Mmckellen, I think the pound was water weight, there is no way I could have lost a pound of fat in three days, but usually my water fluctuates by 3-4 lbs. Or else my scale is wrong.

zeffryn
06-17-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm going with the full two weeks, though I'm missing my green monsters in the morning. I tried a green monster without the fruit and they are a little....um....uh...:barf:

K9Owner
06-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Zeffryn: I :love: green monsters! I think you could substitute the banana for Greek Yogurt! I made a protein shake today and used yogurt instead of the banana and it was YUMMILICIOUS!

1 scoop whey
1/2 cup Vanilla us Almond Milk
3 oz plain Greek Yogurt
1 T sf Chocolate syrup
1/4 tsp Coconut Flavoring

nat4crim
06-18-2011, 12:46 AM
I'm sticking it out the full two weeks.

Mmckellen, probably was the sbd 'flu'. I feel much better today. I didn't know you were supposed to take it easy on exercise during the first week. If I have energy issues tomorrow I won't beat myself up about it.

Last night I dreamed I was eating a cup of baby carrots. Not something I've ever craved or wanted before. Weird. And when I saw cherries at the grocery store I almost lunged at them. They are my favorite fruit. I can't wait for phase 1.5 where I allow myself a serving of berries or cherries a day. It hurts to avoid them when they are in season.

B: 1 cup ff plain yogurt and 2TBSP natural pb
S: 1 hard boiled egg, 1 cup of veggies and 1 tbsp hummus
L: Squash Pizza and a few jicama strips
D: 3-4oz grilled pork tenderloin, green beans, salad with yogurt parm dressing
S: string cheese and jicama strips

Tons of water, I don't keep count. It's all I drink beside one coffee or tea in the morning and the occasional herbal tea at night.

Went for a long walk today, pushed DD up a ton of hills.

Chocoholix
06-18-2011, 05:59 AM
Hi everyone!
Today marks my 2 weeks since I started P1.
I haven't lost that much but I did get my period this week (over now). In fact if I go with the weight two Sundays ago, I have lost only 2 kilos.
For the promises of a lot of pounds lost in 2 weeks, I am very disappointed. But as my friend said, it's STILL a loss... and frankly, I've cut out everything "bad" and my portions were always small so even if I say "this diet isn't for me" I don't know a diet that IS because I only eat lean meats and veggies (lettuce and cucumber and tomato only). I cheated a little twice but I made up for it the next day.
I will stick with it of course but it makes me a little sad that at this rate it will take me years to lose any significant amount and we want to try for a new baby... I am 33 so I don't really have "years" to wait... but then again I was 27 when I had my boys and I did everything right and still ended up with special needs preemies so...

Sorry about the mopping, I am really an upbeat person but I have resisted everything I crave and love to eat with very small results :( I need to see a doctor I think as I do have hormonal issues. Maybe I need T4 again or something.

Anyway, here's yesterday's menu for me:
B: Beans, boiled egg, two slices of turkey bacon
S: Two Laughing Cow Light wedges
L: Lean ground beef stuffed zucchini and a little bit of feta cheese
S: Two or three slices of turkey
D: Lettuce and chicken breast salad but I only ate half the portion

cottagebythesea
06-18-2011, 07:14 AM
Chocoholix, congratulations for completing Phase 1! I'm sorry that you didn't lose as much as you'd anticipated, but you have to remember that this plan does not promise that you'll lose a lot in the first two weeks, it's just a possibility. I bet you're noticing that your clothes are a lot loser, though, and that you are feeling better. Phase 1 is a detoxing period, and Phase 2 is where the serious weightloss begins. Hang in there and rejoice in the fact that you are doing your body so much good by eating healthier.

P1D6 for me. Since I don't weigh myself and don't even own a scale, I have no idea whether I've lost any weight, but something good is happening. I don't have that muffin top any more! :D

B. Flax muffin with a smear of peanutbutter
S. Greek yogurt w/chia and toasted almond sf syrup
L. veggie filled salad w/roasted chickpeas, avocado and Laughing Cow blue cheese
S. cucumber rounds topped with hummus
D. crackslaw

Mmckellen
06-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Saturday:
B: leftover mashed cauliflower
L: COMPLETELY OFF PLAN McDonald's 6 pc. chix nuggets and a small fries, bbq sauce
S: lf lebanese string cheese, black olives, roasted chick peas (went to the middle eastern market today!), wine
D: spinach pie

I am editing this at 5:20pm. Today was completely off plan but I want to be honest about exactly what I ate to keep myself accountable. Tomorrow will be back on plan. In fact I'm going to start the thread now.

zeffryn
06-18-2011, 08:25 AM
K9 - I used yogurt in it as I always do, I just didn't add any other sort of flavors. I'm a huge veggie fan, but apparently pureed kale and veggie soup in a cup for breakfast was not working for me. I tried it again this morning with this combo, it was better.

1 scoop vanilla sun warrior
1 scoop greens powder
big ol' handful of kale
1/3 cucumber, peeled (I think that was a problem before - BITTER!)
US almond milk
greek yogurt
stevia and vanilla extract, coconut extract

---
P1

1: green monster smoothie (recipe above)
2: kale salad w/ thai pnut dressing
4: kale salad w/ hummus dressing

exercise: 60 min. zumba

NicoleInCt
06-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Helllloooooo everyone! I posted in the main SB forum, but I'm here too now. After a week away on a carb/sugar filled vacay, I'm in for 2 full P1 weeks! I started yesterday with:

b: coffee (we were driving home so this is all I could manage)
l: salad with turkey and ff plain yogurt dressing
d: a bowl of veggie soup, 10 cashews
s: cup lf milk blended with ice cubes and davinci syryp

K9Owner
06-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Friday wasn’t terrible—I was off plan but no binges.

Cottage Cheese, Polaner sf Allfruit w/Fiber 90
FF Cheese Omelet, Greek Yogurt, Protein Shake 365
Colby/Monterey Jack Cheese, Turkey Breast (1slice) 135
Guesstimated Dinner 1508
Total 2107 ish

H20: 72 oz

For dinner, I had 1 spring roll, 1 egg roll, 2 spicy wings, Chicken/Broccoli Stir Fry without rice.
Then, approx 5 oz NSA/FF Vanilla Yogurt topped with approx 15g Pecans from Gracie Bleu.
Does that sound like about 1500 cals to you all?

NicoleInCt
06-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Ok, for Saturday:
B: coffee with splenda and 1% milk, 1 egg plus 1 white
L: broc&cauli soup made with ff plain yogurt; 3 turkey roll ups with hummus, cukes, and LF cheddar; 5 cashews
S: 1/2 cup FF plain yogurt with 5 cashews and SF maple syrup
D: spicy chicken over salad with 1/4 cup black beans, slice LF cheddar, and lite bleu cheese with ff plain yogurt

Mmckellen
06-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Krystal!!:dizzy: you are too funny. I was totally off plan today myself. Tomorrow is a new week...let's make the most of it!