Chicks up for a Challenge - Need a competitor! Someone who wants to really lose max. wt. in 7 weeks!!

LeanLisa
06-12-2011, 07:18 PM
I am started a strict, intense weight loss for the next 7 weeks, and I really need someone who is seriously motivated to be my competitor.
My weigh in for today was 223.6. I would love someone with similiar weight but will not discriminate.
I plan on doing a low calorie intake with exercise. But I do better if I feel there is a competition. ??? Don't know why, just me I guess.
I would really like to be in Onederland by August.
Any takers?

danaj415
06-12-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm game! I'm about the same weight (i missed my WI today so i'm not 100% sure) but I also have a trip July 19 and I would LOVE to drop as much as I can by then!

kaplods
06-12-2011, 10:00 PM
You might find a TOPS (taking off pounds sensibly) group motivating. They not only generally have lots of competitions going, they even have prizes.

For me, virtual competition doesn't work well. On some level, I don't feel the same motivation when I know that no one is actually going to see me, but I find my TOPS group contests more motivating (usually - this winter I spent a lot of time house and bed-bound because of health issues and I used food as entertainment too often. I didn't gain as I would have in the past, but I didn't lose either.

LeanLisa
06-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks Dana! Let's weigh in tomorrow morning, and we'll start from there, if thats okay. And we'll do weigh-in's on Sunday mornings. Sound good?
:hug:

Thanks Kaplods, I'll ck them out too. I know what you mean about its hard for virtual motivation, but like Dana I have a big event coming up and I want feel/look my best.

PacSunMama
06-12-2011, 11:49 PM
I'd really love to join in too!! Are you set on just one person? I use the LoseIt app and online and you can buddy up there to keep each other accountable.

Mkb623
06-12-2011, 11:57 PM
I would love to get in on this too!

LeanLisa
06-12-2011, 11:59 PM
PacSun, I would love for you to join us! :hug:
The more competitors we have the better the results should be :carrot:
Please tell me more about your apps and how they are working for you. :tread: Anything that will help us is appreciated.

I checked out the TOPS program that kaplods was mentioning, but the closest one to me is 45 minutes away. And with gas prices, I can already see me talking myself outta that one. :( Does sound like a really good support program though, for anyone who has a chapter close by.

LeanLisa
06-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Thank you for joining Melissa :hug:

osaunt
06-13-2011, 12:41 AM
:yes: I'd love to join too! It was a personal mini goal of mine to make it to onderland by July 20 -my birthday. Hopefully this competition will help give me the focus to get there:)

TheLindsy
06-13-2011, 01:17 AM
I wanna join!! I do so much better when I know I'm competing! I'd like to be around 150ish by July 21st my 20th birthday! weew weew!

Serval87
06-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Let's do it! :D I've just started exercising, and have decided to eat smaller portions, so this sounds good to me. Also my weight fluctuates from 220-229, so we're close. My goal, for now, would be to get to 190. (I put an extra 10 in there, because at 199 it would be so easy to accidentally go back into the 200s, with 10 pounds, I'm more likely to stay in the 100s if that makes sense.)

Good luck, everyone!

PacSunMama
06-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Sounds great! So I'm using www.loseit.com, which is also a free app on the iPhone. I just use that to track my calories, there's not a whole lot to it actually.

So should we move this to the challenge forum? What do you want to call it? What are the "rules" and also, when is the deadline? I mean... if it's gonna be a competition, let's lay it out! ha ha! :)

LeanLisa
06-13-2011, 07:25 AM
osaunt, the lindsy, and serval87 :hug: :welcome:

As stated before weigh in is this morning, and every Sunday morning after until August. Each week everyone should post their updates for a weekly winner!!! Looks like most of us are trying to get out of the 220's and into Onederland, so that is our ultimate goal! Onederland here we come!!!! :bike2:

And as suggested my PacSunMama, I am using LoseIt
I signed up This Morning!!! :D Seems pretty easy and a lot better than using excel and trying to guess calories. Thanks PacSunMama!:df: Oh and I'm not sure how to move it, but if ya'll want it moved, then I'll move it...if someone will tell me how :)
:goodluck:

My weigh in this morning is 223! And I can't wait to beat you ladies to Onederland! (Lindsy already has the heads up on that, so we should to cheer her on to her goal of 150).

Remember weekly weigh-in is Sunday morning! I'm gonna try my best to win weigh in every week, so I need ya'll to bring it :boxing:

LeanLisa
06-13-2011, 07:46 AM
PS If anyone wants to use the LoseIt website with me and PacSunMama, we could all add each other as friends. To Add me as a friend, just type in "Lean Lisa". I just set mine up for the competition. Tks again PacSunMama. Great tool.

PacSunMama
06-13-2011, 10:31 AM
I am starting at 211.4!

osaunt
06-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Weighed in at 221 this AM. Better watch out all, I'm in it to win it;) I've been using the My Fitness Pal since Feb and am a big fan -it's very easy to use. But I'll check out Loseit tonight, maybe it's time to switch it up a bit.

Serval87
06-13-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm started at 224.6

TheLindsy
06-13-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm starting at 175. Yesterday I caved and had Qudoba for lunch/dinner last night. ( Those burritos are HUGE!). So I woke up 3lbs heavier, which I don't get. Ugh. Anyway, I hope you all bring your A game!! :)

LeanLisa
06-13-2011, 09:46 PM
OK we are all in??
Starting out we have....
Serval @ 224.6
Lean Lisa (me) @ 223
Osaunt @ 221
PacSunMama @ 211.4
Lindsy @ 175
Remember its the biggest weight loss that wins! So 6 more days (Sunday AM) til the NEXT weigh-in!!! LET'S PUSH IT!

TheLindsy
06-13-2011, 11:53 PM
I just got home from the gym, I went all out, my chest was a swamp pool of sweat. After that I took a yoga class! haha I cant wait to see what happens Sunday with my scale!! Weeeeee!

PacSunMama
06-14-2011, 03:44 AM
Exercised with my hubby tonight!! He wants to become a drill sergeant when he renews his contract so I told him that I'm the proving grounds of whether he will be able to do it or not! ha ha... we did a pretty great ab workout and then upper body with light weights. I am feeling so much stronger already than when I really started working out 3 weeks ago (I am 9 weeks post-c-section) and it's feeling good to have my range of movement back!

Oh also, NSV! Went and bought my first "large" shirt in about 18 months today. Actually... I bought 3! Since I packed up and got rid of all my maternity clothes, I'm left with older clothes and nothing fits right at all. Hubby complimented me and made me feel like a rockstar, then convinced me to take pics in my new shirt and my recently "buttoned" jeans! I'm going to put them in the 100lbs progress group and I'll link once I get them all up.

PacSunMama
06-14-2011, 12:02 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3890560-post305.html

There ya go! My progress pics so far!

TheLindsy
06-14-2011, 03:27 PM
PacSun- WAY TO GO! I think that NSV feel so much better than a regular SV. You are looking amazing!! Good job! :)

LeanLisa
06-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Way to Go Lindsy & Sarah!!!! Sounds like ya'll had some great workouts!
Thats where I have to say :lifter:I lack. It is hard for me to commit to exercise, but if that's what its gonna take to win this thing...guess I better get the ol' pillow out for my hinny for those crunches lol

Sarah-you look great! You weigh less now than before you got pregnant! :cheer2:

Serval87
06-15-2011, 12:45 AM
Did Jari Love's Ripped dvd. I had planned to just do 30 minutes of it, but somehow pushed through the whole 54 minutes. :D I also did 30 minutes of cleaning today. Tomorrow will be 30 minutes of walking/running intervals. I went a little over my calories today, so I'm not too fond of that, but I will try to burn it off tomorrow.

Edit: Just finished my Wednesday 32 minute walk/run. It went pretty well. I can already feel myself gaining stamina, and I've only been doing this for roughly 3 weeks (I say 'roughly' because there are a few days I take off, and my first week didn't have as many running intervals as it does now).

LeanLisa
06-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Way to go Serval! Great job at working out! Keep up the good work!

osaunt
06-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Great job all of you exercising up a storm! Like LeanLisa, this is where I need to step up my game. I was OP food-wise, had an active day and did BW exercises(push ups, squats, lunges and push-ups) during my work breaks:) PacSunMama - all I can say is WOW!!! Thanks for sharing the inspirational pics!

TheLindsy
06-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Good job ladies!!! :) Yesterday in yoga class I had a NSV! We were doing a crane pose, I have never been able to do this before..EVER ( A crane pose is when your legs rest on your triceps, and your hands hold your whole body weight up... So nothing is on the ground but your hands!) I did it in class! I was so excited. I came home and took a picture of it and put it all over twitter, facebook everything! and now 3fc! :D

Check it out!!

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc447/TheLindsy/Picture4-1.png

Serval87
06-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Congrats, Lindsy!

osaunt
06-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Crazy cool!! I'm currently only able to do super beginner yoga - so I've never even seen/heard of that pose. Wow! Someday....

TheLindsy
06-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Thank you!!

You will get there, it take time. Haha I've tried to do it for about 2 months, but the idea of me holding my weight up and not doing a face plant scared me off. But I tried it, and I got it!

Serval87
06-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Just finished Jari Love's Ripped DVD. 53 minutes. I must have miscalculated by 1 minute last time. Oh well, it's an amazing workout whether it's 1 minute shorter or longer than I thought it was. At one point, when I was in the cool down, lying down stretching my legs, I looked up, and saw my cat looking at me while lying down on his side in a chair. He had the funniest expression, kind of a fanged-smirk :D and when I went to pet him my hand must have been really sweaty, because he recoiled from me. lol. Gotta love cats. =^_^=

LeanLisa
06-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Way to go Lindsy! Dang. That's impressive!
We can do it Osaunt. Just gotta keep pushing. :) :dust:

I want to thank everyone for taking on this competition with me. It really means alot to me. I think I may actually see the 2teens by the 1st weigh in! And I am super excited! Its been over a year since I seen that. :yay:

PacSunMama
06-17-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm loving this challenge, but my week has been a bigger challenge. I've been tracking, though not eating all that great, but still staying well within my calorie limits. I'm running around like a crazy woman cleaning my house, shopping and cooking because I'm having 20 people over tomorrow evening for a Scentsy party. Oh did I mention my husband has been working super late each day and overnight tonight, so I have a toddler and a newborn to tend to admist everything else?? Lol!

I want to say "screw cleaning the bathrooms and folding laundry, I want to knit," because I've already cleaned the kitchen once, made chili, prepped two of the dishes for tomorrow, and folded two full loads of laundry. But the bathrooms need to be cleaned, laundry washed and folded, two more dishes prepped (then tomorrow all 4 cooked), sweep and steam mop the floors and follow the tornado that is my toddler picking up everything he leaves behind.

Needless to say it doesn't end tomorrow and the whole point of this rambling post is to say that I will be weighing in on Monday because we're spending the weekend at my family's house for Father's day brunch on Sunday. Good thing is that my stepmom is doing Atkins, so brunch will be very diet-friendly!

Serval87
06-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Just got back from my 32 minute walking/running intervals. Now I'm enjoying a tall glass of ice-water. :)

LeanLisa
06-17-2011, 11:10 PM
PacSunMama, you definitely have your hands Full. Just a suggestion, try including your toddler in helping you. Things that don't matter how they look, like folding undies or washclothes. It makes them feel like a Big Helper for mommy, and it helps you by keeping them in eye while doing those clothes. The bathroom....I'd save that for when (s)he's asleep, I rememeber how mine use to love to play in the sinks. LOL Talk a breathe and meditate. And have a great weekend! See ya on Monday. :hug:
Serval, GREAT job on the walking, and also for making me want some more ice water :hug:

Serval87
06-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Thank you, LeanLisa!

I'm debating whether or not to exercise today. I say that not because I'm feeling lazy, but because I'm literally exhausted. Around 1:30am-2:00am a pipe on our water-heater busted ... again, spewing scalding water all over the floor, through the floor, and the walls in the closet. So we had to move everything into the living room, because the water damage in our bedroom is already extensive, and I know it's going to be worse now. We live in a third-hand trailer that's around 20 years old and is made of cheap materials. So, we had to move our bed, the television, a HUGE chest of drawers, boxes of things, bins of things, a desk, game consoles, and a shelf into the living room. Then, of course, we had to situate and clean up. We took small breaks, but pretty much it took us nearly 6 hours to completely finish. My husband did a bunch of the moving, but I did some too. I'm sooooo tired. I took a lot of breaks. Does anyone think I still burned at least 200 calories, because I don't know if I can exercise. I might try this evening.

skygirl
06-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Hi LeanLisa & All,

Would it be ok to join in this challenge with all of you? I guess I would be starting a week later, with the first weigh in tomorrow. I need to join in some challenges to get myself back in the swing of things after a stressful period of time. And as it happens, I also have an event around the time of the end of this challenge, last week of July. If it's ok I'll post my start tomorrow. :)

shoeluver67
06-18-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm down with you too even tho i'm a week late. I'm headed to Jamaica in August and i want to put on a bathing suit without feeling TOO horrible. and God knows i need HELP!!!

Serval87
06-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Just finished a 32 minute walk/run.

Ate pretty bad yesterday, and I will probably eat bad today and Monday too (Monday is hubby's birthday). I anticipate a lower weight next week, because starting Tuesday, my calorie-intake with be lower, like it was before yesterday.

Weighed in at 223 before eating anything today. I actually got down to 221 this week before having junk food.

osaunt
06-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Weighed in at 217 this AM - woohoo! I'm coming off a two week stall and happy to see the scale moving in the right direction:) Eating has been OP, today will be a challenge as celebrations often are, but I already have checked out the menu of the restaurant we're going to(a steakhouse - yikes!) and have a plan. Next week I really hope to get more planned exercise in. Enjoy the rest of your weekend all!

skygirl
06-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Starting this challenge today at 180.5. Hope everyone is doing well. :)

TheLindsy
06-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Hey ladies! I hope you all had a great week! I worked like 56 hours :( I dislike working! I wish I could get paid to stay at home and watch TV shows on Hulu all day! haha
This morning I'm at 174.6. I think I'm hitting a stall. My trainer is putting me on protien shakes to help me build muscle mass. Hopefully I don't gain from the muscle I'll be making. Even though muscle burns fat.
Anyway, off to another long day at Sears. Woo woo. :(

LeanLisa
06-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Internet was down last night due to storm, so I am a little behind on comments. :(
Serval, good job with the walking again. According to LoseIt, cleaning is exercise too! If cutting grass for 2 hours burns 310 calories, I am sure you DEFINITELY got your exercise in for that day. :) (I've been in your shoes before, and I thank God for His help in getting me through it...the SW I use to have had damage in bathroom, kitchen, and the closet where the hot water heater was. When stuff is made of pressboard and 2x2's, a little water does A LOT of damage)

Skygirl & Shoeluver, glad to see some more challengers! :hug: Weigh-ins are typically Sunday mornings. You can post anytime that day, and I will announce the winner for the week, that night. But we have a challenger that will not be able to weigh in until tomorrow morning, so waiting on her to post the results. Each week the winner with the most pounds lost is the WiNNeR!

Osaunt! Way to Go!! So far you are in the LEAD!!! Gotta wait for PacSun tomorrow, just to make sure, but so far you are in the lead!!!! :cheer2:

Lindsy, that's still 1/2 pound Lost! Thats good! And you are probably right with the protein shake and putting on muscle, muscle does weigh more than fat.

PS Shoeluver & Serval...need your weigh ins for today. Thanks. I didn't want to go by the signature markers cause they may not be today's weigh-in.

LeanLisa
06-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Oh gosh forgot to put mine weigh in!! lol
I weighed in at 200 this morning!! Down 3 pounds this week. :cheer:
Next week, I plan on a little more....Gotta beat Osaunt's record of FOUR POUNDS LOST in A WEEK! :)

Serval87
06-19-2011, 04:15 PM
After my walk/run I was at 223. Sadly, earlier this week, before I let my calories slide a bit, I was down to 221, but I'm not going to count that since it went up. It is my TOM, though.

PacSunMama
06-19-2011, 08:22 PM
On our way home now- pretty sure I'm not the winner this week if you want to call it! Congrats to everyone on the weight loss success!!

Serval87
06-20-2011, 09:54 AM
No exercise today (maybe) since it is hubby's birthday. I just got done cleaning the kitchen a bit, and plan to cook his cake and prepare the veggies for tacos and burritos soon. It will definitely be a day off calorie-wise, but I'm hopping back on the wagon tomorrow, and am going to try really hard not to let my calories slide again for a while.

PacSunMama
06-20-2011, 11:07 AM
:(

212.8, that's up 1.4 from last week. I did go over my budget by about 500 cals yesterday but that's not enough to gain. I hope it's water retention from eating poorly yesterday and from not having enough water the last 4 days.

I'm a little bummed but have to say I expected a little gain from all the sodium I had yesterday.

LeanLisa
06-20-2011, 11:39 PM
OSAUNT!!!!

:cheer: Congratulations!!! JOB WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

The numbers for this week are

Osaunt with a weight loss of 4 POUNDS!
(Me) LeanLisa with a loss of 3 pounds.
Serval with a loss of 1.6.
Lindsy with a loss of over 1/5 pound.
PacSun with a gain of 1.4. (don't fret you will do better next week!):grouphug:

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!! We CAN do this ladies!!!

LeanLisa
06-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Today was a really bad day with eating habits. I ate more pasta than I should have and then ate a total of 5 cookies (ofcourse I could feel my sugar elevate)! I will definitly have to push harder with the exercise and eat A LOT more vegies tomorrow. Gotta beat Osaunt's 4 lb loss! And gotta be able to fit my dress by August!!!!!

Me1stAllways
06-21-2011, 12:33 AM
Is it too late to join? Can you all count me in as well?
I just hit 223 today (yay me! lol) FROM 232 6/8/2011
Challage anD accountabilty really keep me focused & charged!
You wont hear any whinning or excusses from me ~ I choose to do this, and do it I shall :carrot:

My ultimate goal 135 buy 10/2012 :hat: ... so I can squeez into a single didget sized wedding dress (fingers crossed)

first mini goal is 199.9 :lol: by end of August THIS YEAR

On the 4HourBody slow carb diet that makes me have a cheat day every Friday (horrible, horrible ~ not lol)

TheLyndsay....IMPRESSIVE pix! I can barely get my fat *ss of the couch, never mind up in the air on my hands lol

PacSunMama
06-21-2011, 03:59 AM
Today went so well and I did a great workout with my hubby. I feel a mental block though. I think tomorrow I'll pull my boxes of stored clothes out and hang some things up. I'm feeling discouraged after that "gain" although I'm very confident it was water retention. Definitely busting my booty this week, trying to incorporate lots of exercise in my day.

Serval87
06-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Just finished a 33 minute walk/run. I feel better now, but because of the huge dinner and dessert last night, my legs felt like they were made of lead. It was pretty laborious, but I'm glad I pushed through it.

PacSunMama
06-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Scale is definitely down today so that's good. Boy am I sore from last night. But both boys are sleeping and I'm tempted to start doing "2-a-days" again. Lol, I'm a masochist I guess.

Serval87
06-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Just finished a 53 minute DVD. It was Jari Love's Ripped. GREAT workout. I was dripping with sweat while I was doing it. :D Now I feel accomplished for the day. Tomorrow will be walking/running intervals again.

osaunt
06-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Serval and PacSunMama you are both awesome at getting your workouts in. Hope some of your energy rubs off on me:0) Eating has been OP, except for some bonus grazing on Sunday. It's been really tough to get extra activity in, extra busy, extra tired, sick bunny - all excuses , I know, I know. Must get FOCUSED!!!

Serval87
06-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Hope your bunny gets better, osaunt. I'm really not feeling energetic, but I'm hoping the "fake it til you feel it" mindset will kick in soon. The walking/running intervals is easier. I know once I put my shoes and watch on and tie my hair back, I'm already starting, but with a dvd I tend to procrastinate more about putting it in the dvd-player and switching it on.

PacSunMama
06-24-2011, 04:44 AM
Osaunt, I think I'm unfortunately all talk! I mean hubby and I have been working out just about every other day so that's worth something I think, but I keep saying "oh time to start moving!!" and then I just run out of time in my day to do it! My goal this week was to work out 4 times, and so far, I'm 3/4 with 3 (very busy) days left. Next week is just as busy, so I'm keeping my 4-day goal because it's realistic and I like achieving the goals that I set!

But I do think the scale is back on it's way down from father's day weekend. That took more time than I expected for me to recover! But now that I've recovered and made progress, I'm feeling much better about the whole thing! Still not sure why I didn't lose more though, I may need to just be patient with slower loss right now. I had a couple days of lower net calories than I should be getting (ended up between 1400-1500) and have noticed a drop in milk supply for the baby. We have lots stored in the freezer so he has had a couple bottles, but I see now that I'll have to be very careful not to mess with that. Especially when I do my exercise at night but haven't yet accounted for calories, so then I either eat late at night or skip it and go to bed- which is what has caused that deficit. And before anyone suggests it, I am N.O.T. a morning person, so don't go there! ;)

LeanLisa
06-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Osaunt, I agree with you...PacSun and Serval both are great at their commitment to working out, and I too hope it rubs off on me. The most commitment I have to that are my crunches. :kickbutt: <-someone needs to get me started!
:welcome3: Me1st!! You'll fit right in. Quick rundown: weigh ins are Sunday morning-pls post cause trackers may not be accurate for that day. One with most pounds lost for the week is WiNNeR! Announced Sunday night if all weigh-ins are on time. We are going through August, but I would like to see it continue afterwards. Also, amazing weight loss for a week and a half!!! GEEZ..do we have our work cut out for us on beating that!!!

LeanLisa
06-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Hope everyone remembers to weigh-in this morning ;)

I weighed in at 217.6. I was so happy. (even if I didn't win) I was so happy! All I can keep thinking is why I didn't stick to in January! If I would've stuck to it then, by now I would be atleast half way to my ultimate goal.
But I am still excited and happy, and thanking God. Cause it's a loss!

Can't wait to see everyone else's! Hope everyone did great this week!

TheLindsy
06-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Good morning everyone!

To be honest, it wasn't a great week for me. I worked most of the time and put going to the gym and eating right on the back burner. Obviously by my fear of getting on the scale this morning I knew I goofed.

177.8 :tantrum: I didn't even wanna post it. But Its also 2 days from that TOM, so I'm hoping that is a contributor.

I really hope you all did better than me!

PacSunMama
06-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Woohoo! Broke into the 210's... I weighed in today at 209.4! That's down 3.4 from last week!

I have my work cut out for me, I made the lofty goal of losing 10 pounds in the month of June, and now I have 5 days left to lose 3.6 pounds. Not sure I'll make it but I'm going to try to get very close!!

Serval87
06-26-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm down to 221, which is surprising since I've been eating pretty badly, but I always do around the end of the month when we run out of food and have to mooch off my parents' (It sounds bad, but we help each other out). I did my walk/run this morning, but had to cut it down to about 21 minutes, because it started pouring. Actually, it was pouring for a good 10 minutes or so, but I wanted to get the intervals done, so I went back inside instead of doing my cool-down walk like usual. I neglected my exercise a bit this week, because I've been preoccupied. We caught a stray cat, and have taken her in, but Avery (my first cat) isn't very happy with her, so we've been trying to get them acquainted with each other. We're also trying to make Freya (new cat) feel comfortable.

osaunt
06-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi all, sorry for the late check in, I slept in this AM:^:

I weighed in at 215.5, down 1.5. Yeah for numbers going down! Congrats all on your WL this week. PacSunMama: Awsome WL :high: Woohoo!

Thank you all for your responses to my workout blues. Sometimes when I'm reading the exercise posts I get this picture in my head of others jumping out of bed, ready to go and LOVING every minute of their workout. So it a good reality check to know you are all pushing through challenges and "faking it until you make it". So if you all can do it so can LeanLisa and I:D

Thank you Serval for well wishes for Stuart the bunny, his respiratory infection is much improved and he's almost back to his typical ornery self! BTW, your Avery looks super cute - what an adorable kitten pic.

skygirl
06-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Sidelined with sinus isses this week. :faint: And the stress situation, which we thought was improving, but evidently has not. Have to find a way to work around that. Weight is up, wait for it.... 4 lbs. :yikes: So starting weight for this week is 184.5. Hoping for better health in the coming week. Congrats to everyone else on their progress. :)

Serval87
06-27-2011, 12:28 AM
osaunt: You're welcome. My family raised rabbits when I was young. I remember having around 60 at one time once. Thank you! Avery is my little baby. We just took in a new cat, Freya, and he is having a little trouble adjusting, but I think it will be alright.

LeanLisa
06-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Thanks to EVERYONE for posting. (I haven't seen or heard anything from shoeluver or me1st, so I figure they weren't able to commit right now-maybe next time).
Lindsy, I am going through it with you, it showed up on my scales this morning :( uugghh dont' you just love to be bloated? :(

Okay down to business hehehe
Congratulations PACSUN !!!!!:woohoo::cheer: WAY TO GO with a 3.4 lb weight loss!!!!:hug: You are this week's WiNNeR!!!!!!:bravo:

And the numbers are....
PacSun down from 212.8 to 209.4
LeanLisa (me) down from 220 to 217.6
Serval down from 223 to 221
Osaunt down for 217 to 215.5
Lindsy up from 174.6 to 177.8
skygirl up from 180.5 to 184.5

Way to Go ladies. Great job.
~Its far better to try and fail, than to never try at all!~

So everyone I applaud you for trying, I KNOW how hard it can be. But we are in it together, and in it to Win it :D

Serval87
06-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Congrats, everyone!

I finished a 35 minute walk/run this evening. I was feeling depressed. I wanted to binge, but didn't have any junk food, so I decided to go outside and give my 10 minutes of running intervals all I could (I do a 10 minute warm-up walk, 10 minutes of walking/running intervals, and a 10 minute cool-down walk). I was limping a little back to the house, but at least I got a workout in.

TheLindsy
06-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Good job ladies!!

I think we should move the weigh ins to Tuesday(jk), cause today im 173.0 :p

I don't know what my body is doing! It's driving me up a wall!
Anyway, off to work!

skygirl
06-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Lifted weights for 1 hour today. Relieved and happy to have gotten that workout in. Nutrition needs improvement. Weight is holding steady at least, which is something. Hoping to pick up steam this week. And drop pounds. ;) Hope everyone is doing well! :D

PacSunMama
06-29-2011, 12:48 AM
Awesome :) This week is tough for me but I'm hanging in as best I can. I have a bad cold, baby is hitting his 11/12 week growth spurt and is eating around the clock and my husband has intense training at work and won't be able to help at all. Oh and my in laws are coming this weekend, I need to take the car in and get all new tires and an oil change... There's just a million things.

Random though, scale was down 4 pounds since Sunday this morning. Not sure how I did that!!

osaunt
06-29-2011, 01:17 AM
:woohoo:PacSunMama -Amazing!!!! Two big losses in a row -you are so close to onderland, congrats!

Hope everyone is having a good week. I've been OP food wise and even managed to squeeze a little exercise- WATP on Monday and 1/2 Shred-couldn't finish:^:-today. Not setting any records but happy to be moving more. Little worried about this weekend. I'm staying overnight in Monterey on Friday for a fundraising event and then Sat I'm driving up to Tahoe to spend the 4th with my family. I'm going to do my best to stay OP and will be packing plan-friendly food, but it's going to be tough. Oh and since I'll be out of town, I likely won't be able to weigh in until Tuesday. But you don't have to wait for me to call next weeks winner - I not likely to be a contender, especially with the incredible shrinking PacSunMamain the house:dizzy:

PacSunMama
06-29-2011, 01:46 AM
Osaunt this may be crazy but would you want to meet up in the evening and go for a walk on the coastal path? I should be available after 4:30 and I'm not a creepster I promise!!

Super yummy places for dinner around here and they can be diet-friendly. Depends on what genre you like but I might be able to make some recommendations!!

LeanLisa
06-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Lindsy, I hope my body is just doing whatever yours did and I will soon drop it back off, cause this is depressing as hades. I am hoping its just water weight and comes off before Sunday. :( I was up 3.5 lbs yesterday, but slide back to 3 this morning! uugghh
Osaunt, thanks for the update about weigh in. Don't forget to enter numbers though, so you can bombbard us on the next weigh in, like you did first weigh-in. :)
Everybody PacSun has already won once, and she is definitely "sliding in to home" for this week's. She is going to spank our hinnies....I asked for a competitor and Lord knows if I haven't gotten one with you ladies :)
:hug:

osaunt
06-29-2011, 01:11 PM
PacSunMama - Sounds fun I'll PM you:)

Serval87
06-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Today I did 32 minutes of my walking/running intervals. Yesterday I saw a number on the scale I haven't seen in a while 219, hopefully it wasn't a fluke. =^_^=

PacSunMama
06-30-2011, 01:30 AM
I don't know about sliding into home- the scale seems to have been a fluke despite me weighing several times that morning. It's been a stressful week and it's all I can do not to bury my face in a huge piece of rich chocolate cake.

PacSunMama
06-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Yeah forget it, it was a stupid fluke. The scale has been back up to about 208, despite me being perfect on my diet all week. Lame.

skygirl
07-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Good morning! Today's weigh-in is 180.5, so down 4 from last week, likely just taking off what was put on last week when sick, but still very glad and relieved to see it gone! ;)

PacSunMoma and Osaunt, walking the coastal path sounds refreshing, hope you had fun! Serval, congrats on seeing the new low of 219! Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying the holiday weekend! :D

LeanLisa
07-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Hope everyone had a GREAT week, and everyone is enjoying this beautiful weekend.
all I can say is...well, i don't know what to say...What did I expect...my eating was horrible. I'm trying to look on the positive side. I'm gonna suck it up and DO BETTER THIS WEEK! I was up 3 lbs this week. Weighed in at 220.4.

Skygirl, congratulations~! WAY TO GO! :cheers:

Can't wait to see everyone's weigh-ins. Hope everyone did a awesome job!
I'm gonna get ya'll next week! :) :^:

Just wondering...has anybody else had problems with TOM when dieting?? I only spotted all week.:?:

PacSunMama
07-04-2011, 04:05 AM
Quickly popping in: 206 at last WI...
Haven't been home much, super busy. Life returns to somewhat normal on Tuesday. :)

LeanLisa
07-05-2011, 07:38 AM
Glad to see I wasn't the only one slack about logging in this week :( sorry ladies, I know "I" should definitely be doing better.
Guess with the extended wkend we got a little lazy, or maybe just way too busy. hehehe
We'll all be back on track next week. :)

PacSun & skygirl GREAT JOB!!!!! FAB-U-LOUS!!!!

:carrot:SKYGIRL GETS THE WIN THIS WEEK!!!!! with a 4 LB WEIGHT LOSS! :cheer:

skygirl down 4 pounds to 180.5!! :high:
PacSun down 3.6 pounds to 206!! :high:
LeanLisa up 2.8 pounds back to 220.4 :(

Wonderful job ladies! I'm so happy for you both. Hopefully this week is MY week! :D

PacSunMama
07-06-2011, 03:35 AM
Lisa this week can totally be your week, but I'm not going to make it easy for you!! ;)

I went off plan on Monday so I have some catching up to do, but I'm also starting a running program now that I feel really "recovered" and I'm excited to get my body moving! I hope it has a really great impact on my weight loss, I'd love to see the end of the 200's very soon!

osaunt
07-06-2011, 12:53 PM
:cp:Congrats Skygirl and PacSunMama on great losses this week:cp:

I'm weighed in at 216 this AM. I'm trying not to be disappointed - there were LOTS of opportunities to indulge last week and I stayed OP most of the time, with just the occasional treat. So it looks like I'm got the maintaining skills down and now it's time to go back to losing.:D

Oh and I found a new way to get exercise in - I'm picking up two puppies to foster this afternoon, so looks like I'll be getting many extra steps in for awhile, if only to save my floors/carpet!

OK LeanLisa, I gotta a feeling this will be our week to shine:cool:

PacSunMama
07-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Yeah... ha ha, I have damage control to undo... scale was at 208.8 this morning!! :( And Osaunt, maintaining isn't easy to do! So that you were able to do it is a good thing!

I'm so glad August doesn't start with a holiday or I'd just be toast.

LeanLisa
07-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Osaunt I really hope so!
After last weeks gain, I have a lot I NEED to lose so I can get back on track. But I have been doing fairly good this week. After seeing PacSun's comment about not making it easy, I sure better step up on the exercise (which I have to say I am getting better at - up to 50 sit ups; can even can do some with my feet on coach :) Guess I'll have to crank up the Wii Fitness to catch up with Osaunt & PacSun!!! :exercise:
Hope everyone has a great week. :hug: to everyone.

PacSunMama
07-07-2011, 02:05 AM
LL just for that I'm tacking on some abwork while I watch my shows tonight!! Muahahahaha!

Serval87
07-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Sorry I haven't been posting. I was having some bad depression, and my diet slid a bit. I have still been getting activity, but not exercise (if that makes sense). Sunday I went for an evening walk, Monday hubby and I was outside for close to 2 hrs which included walking and standing, no sitting, so I was a bit sore from that. Tuesday was a shopping town, so that counted as exercise, and Wednesday I cleaned the house. My weight has went back up to around 224, because of the food I've been eating.

osaunt
07-08-2011, 02:26 PM
:hug:Serval, I'm sorry you are feeling blue. I have soooo been there and I think it's great that your staying active. It's always seemed counter intuitive to me that exercise was encouraged to help with depression and fatigue, because at the time I was "in it" the smallest movement felt impossible. But who knew, they were right and regular activity has really helped me keep the blues away, along with some supplements and clean eating. Thinking of you and hope you feel better soon:)

LeanLisa
07-09-2011, 02:56 AM
Serval, I hate to hear you're going through that. Like, you and Osaunt I have had my share of episodes. I'm not sure how or why, but somehow overweight ppl got the term jolly...if only they knew! We struggle with self-esteem, self-confidence, acceptance, and against self-loathing, and on top of all that, we struggle to eat healthier, lose weight, and hide behind our smiles, politeness, and eager-to-please attitudes. (I am speaking for myself anyway, and I am sure there are others out there like me.)
I have had so many failures in weight loss..my ex-husband use to saboutage me (but it was ME who always gave in to his "I brought you something home for work" candybars. And then I found myself doing it. Rewarding myself with junk, or eating for a stress-reliever, it's hard to get that will-power to the point where you can say no (especially with chocolate!)! But I can honestly say I AM getting better! (There are swiss rolls in the house, and I haven't eatten a one! or the twinkies!) Corn and fig bars have become my candy lol
I don't mean to be writing a book...its just my way of coping I guess, and who knows maybe it can help someone else. :chin:
All I know is that with the weight gain, I lost a lot of things that are really valuable to me...my self-confidence, my health, my stamina, and more. I turn 40 this year, and I would rather turn 40 trying! than just giving up to dieing.
There are so many more reasons to try than to just die...It's call enjoying LIFE...I can't wait to be back! :beach:

skygirl
07-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Serval, hope you are feeling better! Like you, and Osaunt, and LeanLisa, I have also struggled with depression, and still do. It's tough to deal with, that is for sure. Like all of you, I am trying to push through and do what I can get to try to feel better. So I am sending positive thoughts your way, and to all of us. :hug:

skygirl
07-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Good morning everyone! :)

Today's weigh-in is 182.5, so up 2 from last week. Apparently I am gaining and losing the same couple of pounds over and over again. :( I think I need to change things up. I need to try to reduce my carbs, increase my water, and increase my cardio and exercise in general. And I am thinking about joining a daily accountability thread to log my food, somewhere other than my notebook ;), and see if that helps. And, I guess I need to give even more consideration to what is going on mentally that is keeping me from letting go of the weight, since I seem to be capable of losing, but so far have been putting back on what I lose (not just now, but over time this has happened as well).

I hope everyone else is doing well and making great progress! :)

osaunt
07-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Weighed in today at 214.5 - down 1.5. WL loss feels so slow lately, I've been in the two-teens FOREVER!!! But a loss is a loss, so for that I'm grateful. I was hoping to make it to onederland by the end of July, but now I'm going to reset my sites to August. Hope everybody had a great week:grouphug: Hang in there Skygirl - sounds like you have a great plan for next week.

LeanLisa
07-11-2011, 03:15 PM
I was trying to wait til today to see if everyone would have weigh-ins, but I know its hard to do sometimes. But I am going to go ahead and call it... :)

OSAUNT you have WON AGAIN!!!!! with a weigh in of 214.5 for a loss of 1.5 pounds!!! :carrot: That is TWO wins!!! yeahhhhhh!!!!!:hug: You have lost a total of 6.5 pounds since June 13th!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!:cp:

I lost a whole pound for a weigh in at 219.4, but better than last weeks gain.

Skygirl weighed in at 182.5. You had the win last week, so we all know you can do it :)

And I have realized that my weekends are what breaks me. I do good all week long, and then Sat. comes and I sabotage myself...I could have won this week if it weren't for Saturdays food feast..uggh.

Well 3 MORE WEEKS everybody!! Hang in there!!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!

mouser
07-11-2011, 03:44 PM
I would love to join this challege--is it too late--please let me in---I am also going to join the loseit program--I think we are all on the same mission to get to ONEderland--in it to loose it

osaunt
07-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Wow, a very unexpected win! LeanLisaweekends are tough. Prior to this challenge I used to weigh on Tuesday, and I'm not sure if it was just psychological, but I sure liked having a couple of "recovery" days before my next weigh in.

PacSunMama
07-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Hey guys! Just checking in, I purposely avoided doing it yesterday because I thought the scale was still being hormonal!! I was at 205.8 last Sunday, screwed up Monday and was pretty good all week + baby's growth spurt, and still yesterday the scale was at 209.8!!! WTH?

So today it was 207.4, glad to see it going down, I'm just sticking to it. And then... despite my pcos and history of NEVER having a cycle that isn't medically induced, and breastfeeding around the clock, the stupid evil witch is here! Whiskey tango foxtrot??? Yeah, got my period- which explains how mean I've been feeling, my insatiable chocolate cravings and mysteriously gaining 4 pounds, cramps and bloatiness.

As you can tell, I am not amused. So I'm taking a pass this week (as in yesterday) and I'm going to just keep trucking along this week and hope I'm back to normal or beyond by the weekend's end.

Serval I know how you feel, and I think that sometimes it's important to retreat and just have the world to yourself. It's going to be a huge adjustment though, filling your "cave" with things other than food and easy "emotional" fixes. You know food won't fill you up emotionally, but I think that it's wonderful you're already getting back on track and you're back here checking in! You've made so much progress and I think that you should be very proud of yourself!!!

RudeImp
07-12-2011, 04:32 AM
though I am not same weight but like to join

PacSunMama
07-14-2011, 03:13 AM
Okay gals, I'm BRINGING it this week!!! Who is going to step up and "compete" with me? (I hope to see lots of "me's!!!")

Jog/walked with the pup for 25 minutes then picked up my friends and we did W2D1 of couch to 5k!! Then did some light weights. I'm really pumped and excited to get in better shape. Last week was rough but I'm moving forward again and it feels great!!

PacSunMama
07-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Cmon gals, where are you??

osaunt
07-15-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm baaack:)

So my foster pups= more exercise plan has failed. Their health problems are still fairly severe and ALL they do currently is eat, sleep and then sleep and eat, repeat. Hey that sounds ALOT like the old me. But I've been uber OP food -wise, I have a walk with a co-worker planned for later today and I'm squeezing in some bodyweight exercises in my downtime. I'm doing a modified version of the 100's workout I read on another post. Here's a link to the workout if anyone is interested:http://www.bohemianchick.com/2011/02/18/the-100-workout/ My version is more like the "10's Workout" but you got to start somewhere. So watch out PacSunMama, I'm bringing it too! ;)

LeanLisa
07-16-2011, 01:19 AM
:welcome: mouser & RudeImp!

PacSun I'm still here, and hopefully I'm bringing it this week :) Oh and I absolutely love the way you expressed your meaning with military words lol. I have been having trouble in the TOM dept too, and I'm beginning to wonder if I am not going through pre-menopause, but I am hoping its just the diet.

Osaunt, I think next time my weigh-ins will be Friday...that way I have a whole week to recover ;) (They are usually my best day) Sorry to hear about the sick pups.

And since mouser mentioned loseit... just to let everyone know who wants to use it (www.LoseIt.com) Its a great way to keep up with your daily intake and exercise. It lets you set a goal, has a progress graph and you can add your buddies. PacSun got me started. :D

Ladies, we have exactly 3 more weigh ins for this competition!!! ONLY 3!!!
So everyone trying to fit in that dress, bathing suit, or cross that line into ONEDERLAND before August... step it up! See ya'll on SUNDAY!:grouphug:

LeanLisa
07-16-2011, 01:33 AM
PS Just wanted to point out PacSun & Osaunt..you two are right at your 1/2 WAY mark to your GOAL!!!! Congratulations!!!!
And I am 1/4 of the way to mine :)

:cheer:

Everyone look at how far you have came since joining, and you should be amazed and very PROUD of yourself! :woohoo:

osaunt
07-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Looks like I'm first to WI today at 212 - hooray, I'm almost out of the two-teens and then on to onederland!!!!:yay: Thanks LeanLisa for the reminder, I hadn't realized I had hit the halfway point. Hope everyone has a great WI today:grouphug:

PacSunMama
07-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Well poo, I will have to weigh in tomorrow! We bought batteries to replace in the scale last night and when putting them in the little tab thing snapped off. So I did go out and buy a new fancy one (It calculates body fat %... uh oh!) but I'll have to WI tomorrow.

It's at 207.8 which is still a loss from when I weighed in last time, 2 weeks ago, but it's also 5pm and I usually WI first thing in the morning!

NSV though, I put on a dress last night that I LOVE. It's my favorite dress. Well I had to suck it in for my hubby to zip it when I tried it on 1-2 months ago, and last night it was actually loose! The straps kept falling down and it was almost baggy in the front!! :)

LeanLisa
07-17-2011, 09:28 PM
GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!! I HAD A WHOOOOSHH! :carrot:
I weighed in at 215.4! That is MY FIRST one! I cut grass yesterday, and before I jumped in the shower, I weighed, and after i did a Woop!woop! I prayed it would be the same thing when I woke up :D
Eyez so happy!!! Now if I can just keep losing I will be even more happy, if its possible to be more happy.

Where's everybody at....Serval, mouser, RudeImp, skygirl, Lindsy?
Hey we haven't seen Lindsy in a while. Wonder how she is doing?
Serval, hope you are doing better too.
Prayers going out for everyone.

LeanLisa
07-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Osaunt ANOTHER lose...2.5 POUNDS!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!:bravo:

PacSun CONGRATULATIONS about the dress. (well congratulations about the loss, looks like you have to find a new fav dress :D ) Looking forward to your weigh in! :hug:

PacSunMama
07-18-2011, 03:21 AM
Lisa I'm so proud of you! That whoosh must feel so refreshing and motivating!!!

I'm up late because I started class today! I'm going back to finish my degree! I'm nervous, so I read the syllabus of each class and completed most of what I'm able to before it actually "opens up" in the morning. Now I just have to post a couple times each day to the forums and I know I'm definitely capable of THAT!

I'm excited and nervous to weigh in. The new scale determines body fat too! EEK!

LeanLisa
07-18-2011, 09:12 AM
PacSun I'm Proud of You, too! That is great. And as a mother of 3, who went back to school when they were little, I know it can be done. So just fight your way through and Don't give up. Its worth it! (Just TRY not to overload yourself with too many classes-I got burnt out that way).
My scale does too, but I am avoiding that option right now :) After I see the weight loss and am maintaining, I may start to look at fat% :o
Good luck in your classes. :)

Have a blessed day everyone.

skygirl
07-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Congrats everyone, congrats on the win last week Osaunt, and congrats on all of your losses this week Osaunt, PacSunMama, and LeanLisa great whoosh! :)

I did my weigh-in today, too, 184, up one and a half from last week. I seem to keep knocking around up and down in this same range. I've been doing well with exercise, and have increased my water a bit, and my veggies a bit, so I'm giving myself credit for those things. My eating overall still needs improvement, obviously. So hopefully this week I'll get it back on track even more.

Osaunt hope your puppies are doing well! And congrats PacSunMama on your dress NSV and on going back to school, very cool!

I hope everyone has a great week! :) And I hope we hear from everyone else soon too, hope you're all well out there! :hug:

LeanLisa
07-18-2011, 10:00 PM
I guess I can call it...do I really need to call my own win ??? It was my first win, and it felt really good ;)
I'll just give the numbers...

LeanLisa weigh in at 215.4 with a 4 lb loss
Osaunt weigh in at 212 with a 2.5 lb loss! WAY TO GO!!
skygirl weigh in at 184 up 1.5 (You've won one round so far..try for your 2nd win this week :D )
And PacSun is weighing in this week (to try for nexts week's win!)

Everyone have a blessed week! :grouphug:

PacSunMama
07-19-2011, 05:40 AM
Oh I never did come back today to update! Still 207.8. I'll take it!

Congrats LeanLisa!!!! You rocked it this week! Yahoo!!!!!

LeanLisa
07-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Thanks PacSun for everything. Your encouragement helped alot, and like you suggested, I went back to look at my eating habits when I first started. That helped A LOT!
I have EXACTLY 17 days before our WEDDING!!! (and for my butt to be able to get into my dress!):df:
So gotta keep that :flame: under me.

osaunt
07-20-2011, 12:26 PM
:cheer2::cheer3:Congrats LeanLisa on your woosh and win - awesome job!:cheer2::cheer3:

Another big congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You get huge bonus credit for staying OP and focused during this exciting but often stressful time.

:grouphug:Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

PacSunMama
07-21-2011, 06:48 AM
I didn't realize this was for your wedding!! Congrats on that by the way... but... you can't leave!

Don't get cozy and lose yourself in all the wonderfulness of love. I know I know, I can hear you from here "oh I won't, Ive got this!" but I know very few people that didn't gain 20-40+ pounds in the year or two after getting married! You come back here and reach your goals right along with us, capeche?

LeanLisa
07-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks so much Osaunt & PacSun.
Osaunt, it has been a little stressful, but not too bad. I've been preparing & planning for the last 8 mons :) Wish I would've started the competition back then :(
PacSun, I understand completely about the gaining weight from happy bliss (I put on 50 lbs in the past 3 yrs- 2 yrs gaining last 7 mons trying to lose it). But since preposal (12/25), I have lost Almost half of it :) So I am going to try my best not to overdo it...my plan is to try just a little of everything. AND then get right back to it, when I return!!! :D Wouldn't it be something if I actually lost that week! lol Ok I'm asking for too much with that one :dizzy:
AND PRAYING YA'll Will STILL BE HERE!!!???? To start another competition to end sometime in October....any takers? Or someone is going to start one for the week after August, cause if so, i'll just get in on that one when I get back (if you don't mind)??
Looking for good results from everyone for tomorrow's weigh in. :grouphug:

LeanLisa
07-24-2011, 11:18 AM
I weighed in this morning at 213.4. A 2 pound loss!!!:carrot:

Hope everyone did great this week!

osaunt
07-24-2011, 12:14 PM
:cp:Two more pounds off Lean Lisa - great job!

Well, I'm at 212 ...again. But I'm not too disappointed. I went to three birthday celebrations last week. I generally made healthy choices, but occasionally indulged. Too much eating out almost always leads to a stall or gain for me, so I'll take the stall.

I was able to increase my activity level this week, which had been a challenge for me. I even went on a 4.5 mile hike before work on thursday-hooray for movement.:D

I'm all for starting another challenge when this one wraps up. We have plans for a professional family portrait that will be taken at the end of September. So however I look at that time will be preserved over the family fireplace for YEARS to come. I really hope to be solidly in to onederland by then.:crossed:

Good luck everyone with your WI's today.

LeanLisa
07-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks, Osaunt. And Congratulations on the hiking!! SounDs fun! (haven't been hiking in a couple of years-miss it). Please let me know the name of your challenge so I can find ya'll.:hug:

PacSunMama
07-24-2011, 11:43 PM
This morning 205.4! Down 2.4 from last week.

What's interested is that I mostly was totally OP for 3 weeks and didn't lose a thing. I've been OFF program so badly (on purpose, need to balance milk supply) and have lost. Ha!

Lisa great job on the -2!! Osaunt, hopefully this is just a little retention from your indulging and doesn't really stick! Surely you didn't eat a slice of 7,000 calorie cake!

I'd love another challenge. I'm doing the 20's BL contest next month, but I also like the shorter-term challenges to keep me focused on smaller goals. My bday is in late October and I really want to look nice for it!

LeanLisa
07-25-2011, 08:13 AM
CONGRATULATIONS PACSUNMAMA!!! :woohoo: ANOTHER WIN!!!
Great job!
Well gals...I guess its just us three left...so please don't either of you leave.:^:

Numbers....drum roll please......
PacSun weighed in at 205.4, a 2.4 weight loss!
LeanLisa weighed in at 213.4, a 2 pound weight loss.
Osaunt weighed in at 212, to break even. Giving us a chance to catch up with her 3 :carrot: WINS ;)

LeanLisa
07-25-2011, 08:25 AM
PacSun, whatever you did it sure worked! I can't believe how well you've done losing, and nursing at the same time!
My birthday is at the end of Oct also :woo:, and I really want to be well into Onederland by then. That would def be the best bday present I could get!

PacSunMama
07-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Yay!! Thank you! :)

I'm back to tracking this week but I'll be raising my cal goal to about 1850. Hopefully it works okay!!

LeanLisa
07-31-2011, 12:03 PM
First weigh-in award....hehehe

I weighed in at 211.6. A pound and a half lost....slowly but surely ;)

I so can't wait to get to my goal weight.

PS If either of you are prayers, please pray for my doggie. I've had him 15 1/2 years. And he was fine last week, but now he is weak and can not hold anything down. He was my Valentine's baby. I have raised him since a baby. His momma got really sick after the pups and didn't make it. So he is like one of my babies and he "just knows" he is human. Please pray God will have His way.

osaunt
07-31-2011, 12:53 PM
WI today 209.5! Yippee!!! I'm out of the two teens-FINALLY:yay:

LeanLisa, I'm so sorry to hear about your pup:hug:
I have a lil' assorted zoo at my home and I understand the ache in your heart when one of them is preparing cross over. But you are so lucky to have been able to have had 15.5 years together -what a gift! I'm sending up one of my mother's patented "arrow prayers" -straight from my heart to God's ear for you and your Valentine baby:hug:

PacSunMama
08-01-2011, 02:02 AM
Sorry about your pup Lisa :( Poor guy.

I am down this week and happy about it, but had to switch scales again!! (I also don't like this one, so I'm holding onto the receipt until I find one I do like!)
204! That's down 1.4. Not much, but I've been feeding my soul this weekend rather than fueling my body.

Spent the whole day sorting, pricing, and hanging baby girl clothes. I don't know if I mentioned it but I had 5 ultrasounds when I was pregnant and all said it's a girl, but surprise!! He is allll boy! It's so weird to mourn the loss of something that was never there to begin with! I chose only 3 outfits to keep for when we try in a few years, but it was still hard especially when I got to the embroidered onesies my mom had made for the baby "girl!" I'm doing a community yard sale on Saturday and really have my work cut out for me this week as far as organizing. I still have to sort through baby boy clothes, my toddler's outgrown clothes, toys, books, some light furnishings and household goods and price everything, on top of maintaining my classwork, 3 doctor appointments, knitting group, my marriage improvement group, planning my kid's 3rd bday and a trip out of town next weekend....

I'm super overwhelmed. And today my diet consisted of kettle corn, chocolate, and coffee. And some super delicious and healthy smothered chicken. Marinate chicken breast in some kind of italian/vinaigrette dressing, bake it in the oven, sautee onions and garlic to serve on top and melt a little mozzarella on top of that! Delish!!!

LeanLisa
08-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Thank you both for the kind words about my Buddy. :hug: He is doing so much better! My daughter gave him a little milk, and we have both been babying him with soft massages and (when he gives us the look) we know he is ready for some more milk, and so far so good. He has held it down yesterday and today. And he actually jumped up to greet Joseph today, and asked to go out last night. So he is doing much better! :D <3 Its amazing how attached you can become.

:cheer: Osaunt, a 2.5 pounds weight loss!!Congratulations on this week's WIN! :woohoo:
Me, a 1.5 pound loss. :carrot:
PacSun, 1.4 pound loss!! :high:

PacSun, I absolutely love your new pic. You look amazing! The hectic lifestyle has not gotten you down!! You look marvelous darling! Just marvelous!! ;)

Oh, and I absolutely loved sauteed onions; I just started doing mushrooms with a little olive oil, salt, & pepper. MMMmmm! I actually added the two together last time to make a gravy for tips. And since no one eats mushrooms in my house but me, I get ALL the mushrooms hehehe

PacSunMama
08-02-2011, 05:09 AM
So glad to hear your Buddy is doing better and getting royal treatment!!

Thanks about the pic! I actually need to take a new one, that's from 2 months (and 20 pounds) ago! But I was tired of being faceless so I decided it was better than nothing. I'm always the one behind the camera, not in front.

Speaking of, I better head to bed. I'm really burning all the midnight oil here, doing my classwork, knitting, and cleaning the house after everyone is in bed, I finally get to bed at about 2am, then wake up at 7:30am with the baby! Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it. My house is a fracking disaster and will be until after the garage sale, but I'm just happy. Oh and I am up late tonight because I knitted a tiny cap for newborn pics I'm doing tomorrow. If I get permission from the mama (and if they're any good!) I'll share a couple tomorrow! I should take some of my Mr.Chubsters and Big Brother too so you can see the cuteness I have to put up with every day.

:)

PacSunMama
08-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Didn't get pics yesterday, will be doing them in a couple days! My boys have boogers and I don't want a new baby around the booger plague. I'll share pics once I do take them, though!

LeanLisa
08-05-2011, 02:08 AM
I can't wait to see them!! I hope their sniffles goes away fast. I remember how mine use to pass everything around the house :) Can't wait to see 'em.

You know I had FORGOT I wouldn't be doing a weigh in Sunday! I forgot all about this past Sunday being the end of our first competition!!! :(
I think we did pretty dag on good! Especially considering all our stress & mess. I just hope my calorie intake doesn't go overboard (so to speak) on the honeymoon! I worked to hard to get that little bit off! I sure don't want to have to start over :eek:
Well better get off here, and get to bed...sure don't want anymore bags under my eyes :lol:

Hope everything goes great at the yardsale. Hope you make lots and lots of $$$$$ :D

osaunt
08-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Hi girls,

Sorry I've been MIA. I've been a bit off track lately, not ALOT, but enough to cause me some concern.

Leanlisa: Great news that Buddy is feeling better -YAY! Also, congrats on your 1.5 loss = AWESOME!! I believe you're getting married this weekend? If so I hope your day is fabulous and the beginning of a wonderful new life with your sweetie:)

PacSunMama: Love your new avatar - you're lookin' good! Hope the boys are feeling better, you sure have your hands full:)

So as I'm in desperate need of inspiration, I'll start a new thread. I'll keep the "Need a competitor" theme in the title. Hope to see you both over there!

PacSunMama
08-07-2011, 08:54 PM
SOunds great, O, thanks!!

I lost 0.8 this week. I'm seriously not impressed. I'm working hard, especially to not make excuses and to fit in exercise and make good healthy choices, but it just doesn't seem to be paying off!

I want to be under 200!!!