Old 06-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 146/146/132

Height: 5'7"

Default Losing 14 lbs.. tips?

Hey everyone, first post here - looks like a great community going on here!

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for me. I've been very stable for about a year at 146, and I really want to go down 14 lbs.. If anyone has any advice, please let me know - I'm dying to hear some tricks of the trade!
sosofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #2  
Vegalitarian

Height: 5'8

Do you have a diet plan you've followed before? Calorie counting, for example? I find that to be the easiest approach. Just dropping 500 cals from your daily intake can help you lose a pound per week. Patience and perseverance is the biggest key however, whatever you choose to do (so long as it's effective.)
Astrild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

There are no tricks.

Just eating less, eating healthier and moving more.

Calorie Counting is probably a good place for someone in your situation to start. Figure out via a calorie counting site how many calories you're currently eating to maintain your weight. Then drop 100 - 500 off that number to start losing.

It's all just being vigilant about food intake. Adding in movement and strength training can usually help a person be happier about the way they look once they've dropped the extra weight.

Best wishes!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 146/146/132

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the advice!

Well I've never really tried a specific diet plan, but counting calories seems like my best option! I went on a calorie counting site, as you've suggested, and found out how high my calorie intake can be. However, it seems like different websites suggest different things, so I've started staying at around 1400 calories a day.
sosofie is offline   Reply With Quote