Old 06-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: >138/124/114

Height: 5'4"

Default Help with the accuracy of measurements of logged food

Well, so much for not counting calories...
(I love graphs and numbers to the point of obsession, and thought that I could avoid doing it with my food...)
I got myself an account with fitday, and have been logging calories for the past few day. In short, I am convinced that I am drastically underestimating my intake.
Link to journal
I measured what I could-the yogurt, almonds, fruit, and what I made myself I put into the sparkpeople recipe calculator. I don't know where all the food I'm eating goes-somewhere between logging it in and calculating the total, I seems like a few hundred calories are disappearing.
Also-where is this hunger I'm hearing about? I've eating to satiation (and a bit past) but all the numbers don't really seem to add up.
Can anyone help/tell me I'm insane/point out the problem?
Esenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:54 AM   #2  
On week 124

S/C/G: 317/242/157

Height: 5'6"

Not sure what you are asking?!?! Are you concerned that the total calories seem higher or lower than you think you are eating? Or is it the software that is losing entries?
one small bowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I am also having a bit of trouble understanding what you are asking. In addition, the link you posted didn't work -- maybe that would have helped clear things up.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'2"

Does fitday log your exercise too? I use myfitnesspal, and when I log cardiovascular exercise, it automatically adds the calories I burnt to my allowed intake for the day. So for example if I burn 150 calories in a 20-minute session, and I'm usually allowed 1200 calories per day, it'll update my calorie log for that day to 1350 calories allowance.

It can definitely be confusing if by dinnertime I'm still under my calorie budget by 100-200, then I add my exercise and it says I have 500 calories left for the day with only a few hours before bed!

Last edited by mimi86; 06-13-2011 at 02:54 PM.
mimi86 is offline   Reply With Quote