Weight Loss Support - I'm Having An Affair...

View Full Version : I'm Having An Affair...

mzKiki
06-10-2011, 04:34 PM
I know it's not good, but I just can't stop. I see him every night. Sometimes I do resist seeing him and say it's over. But he calls me all day long and I give in to his charm and good looks.
I just can't stop eating those darn puffy cheetos!! Ugh the cheesiness of it all. LMAO I'm right now breaking down my big bag into individual baggies. Today I discovered baked cheetos. The other Cheetos were 13 for 160 cals Baked cheetos 32 for 130 cals. I''ll be in Cheetos heaven lol.
Anybody have any snacks they just can't give up?

Emme
06-10-2011, 04:36 PM
I eat baked cheetos every day with my lunch! I measure out the grams per serving on my food scale and pack 'em up each day! :)

mzKiki
06-10-2011, 04:39 PM
He said I was the only one!!! LOL. They are the greatest and make me feel so bad. How many grams do you measure? I just count them out. I've been procrastinating, but definitely getting a scale this weekend.

zoodoo613
06-10-2011, 04:39 PM
I had a brief but torrid affair with cheesecake. I made one for my husband last week and was having a tiny piece everyday. It's all over now. (My son ate the last piece last night.

Ferumbras
06-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Cheetos... OMG!!! That's what gained me back 15 pounds two months ago, lol. I just can't have them right now. Maybe when I'm down another 10 pounds or so I'll risk it, but they're just so delicious and addictive. I can't hold myself to the serving size.

mzKiki
06-10-2011, 04:48 PM
LOL Zoodoo, there, there, it's over now lol.
Ferumbas I can't eat them out of the bag, I have to break them down into serving size individual baggies, if not I'd eat the entire bag!

Ferumbras
06-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Doesn't work for me. It just keeps calling to me from the kitchen. And since I work from home, it's not like I can leave the full bag at home and just take a small portion to work with me. Oh, how I suffer, lol!

MzJuicyD
06-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Mine is peanut butter! I always crave it at night before bed. I havent bought any because of my obsession and last night i got hit with an intense craving. I went through the house like a mad woman trying to find a jar of the smooth deliciousness! haha Didnt find any so i settled for my oats & peanut butter fiber bar. That did the trick!

mzKiki
06-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Mz Juicy! I too get a craving for peanut butter a couple time a week. I never indulge. Wonder what that's about. Once I found these little individual cups of peanut butter maybe that's an idea?

MzJuicyD
06-10-2011, 05:15 PM
mzkiki: Where do you get those individual cups of peanut butter? I've never seen that in the grocery store. I'm salivating!!!!! lol

shishkeberry
06-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Pizza rolls are my weakness. I haven't bought them since I started because I don't know if I can trust myself to stick to one serving. I could eat them for every meal for the rest of my life and not get tired.

AshleyLaurent
06-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Two words: Jalapeņo Cheetos.

and apple crumb donuts.

sacal96
06-10-2011, 05:41 PM
and apple crumb donuts.

any donuts are my downfall! I was doing halfway ok this week until someone brought 2 dozen of the gourmet ones from daylight donuts... it was all down hill from there! I only ate one but I'm sure it probably contained my entire days worth of calories! haha! From now on I am never going into the kitchen here again! hahaha!

Emme
06-10-2011, 06:08 PM
He said I was the only one!!! LOL. They are the greatest and make me feel so bad. How many grams do you measure? I just count them out. I've been procrastinating, but definitely getting a scale this weekend.

I believe the bag says 28 g per serving. I used to count, too, but I'd put together 2 small cheetos to equal one big cheeto, and once I got a scale and actually measured, I was eating wayyy more than a serving! ;)

yoyoma
06-10-2011, 06:39 PM
My current won't-give-up treat is 2 squares daily of chili-infused extra dark Lindt chocolate. It wouldn't be enough without the chili, but it seems like just enough with the heat. :)

Laura G
06-10-2011, 06:45 PM
pizza and ice cream - my 2 downfalls. In the same evening? - better than sex!

VirgoChic
06-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Cheeseballs! I see you live in NJ so you might know what I'm talking about, but there's the huge Utz Cheeseballs barrels that I'm addicted to. It's seriously a weakness. It takes every bit of strength to not buy one when I see them EVERYWHERE I GO lol

My sister is actually in loved with those baked cheetos too. She gets mad at me if I go to the supermarket and don't buy them for her lol

ButterCup85
06-10-2011, 07:07 PM
I started reading thinking it was for real....then I kept reading. Then, I read all the replies and boy am I hungry for an affair tonight!!! I'm trying to hold off until TOM hits that's when I usually have a 2 or 3 day affair :/ Just gotta wait a few more days!!! I can say I've NEVER looked forward to TOM as much as I am right now!!! lol

mzKiki
06-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Oh Gosh I have to stop reading this. Now im wanting peanut butter and cheesecake and ice cream and cheez balls lol.
Mzjuicy The peanut butter cups were made by Jif, it was still more than 1 serving but better than the temptation of the whole jar!
Virgochic I lived off Cheese balls a couple of months in college, they used to cost $1 at Rite Aid. Now when I see them I kinda cringe lol Cheese balls and little debbie oatmeal cream pies contributed to my freshman 15!
Butter cup I am serious he won't stop calling me lol.

sheramama
06-10-2011, 10:42 PM
LMAO-I had cheetos as my cheat (4 puffs) today and usually don't keep them in the house bc I will eat them ALL. My mom bought them for the kids. Thanks.

I love popsicles. Like the cheap 100 for $4 Flavor-Ice. It's disgusting how fast I eat them, but it's my guilty pleasure at 25 cal a piece. (Another habit from pregnancy grrr). My dentist hates them.

sacal96
06-10-2011, 11:20 PM
I love popsicles. Like the cheap 100 for $4 Flavor-Ice. It's disgusting how fast I eat them, but it's my guilty pleasure at 25 cal a piece. (Another habit from pregnancy grrr). My dentist hates them.

I like popsicles too! We went to the dollar tree and they had just the cheapo popsicle forms and I've been freezing the yoplait dessert yogurts in it. Sooo good!

ShyHeather
06-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Mine is peanut butter! I always crave it at night before bed. I havent bought any because of my obsession and last night i got hit with an intense craving. I went through the house like a mad woman trying to find a jar of the smooth deliciousness! haha Didnt find any so i settled for my oats & peanut butter fiber bar. That did the trick!

Oh, I use to have cravings for peanut butter too! I don't anymore. My biggest down fall here is dark chocolate and pepperoni rolls (and my GOSH...West Virginia has the BEST pepperoni rolls ...)

The little peanut butter cups, I don't see those anymore they use to have them in like a four pack?? They were found in two different locations. Near the produce because it's a favorite item to dip celery in, and also on the peanut butter and jelly isle. If you're into the organic stuff, you can go to the organic section and usually find individual packets of various peanut butters, and even other 'butters'. Surprisingly the almond butter is delicious with a hint of maple. =o I avoid them now cause yeah, they taste gooood.

ann71
06-11-2011, 02:29 AM
I love peanut and almond butter both. I'll eat them straight out of the jar, shockingly quickly. Yesterday I stared longingly at them on the shelf, but didn't buy any. I do much better when I shop carefully.

txladymedic
06-11-2011, 04:53 AM
Jalapeņo Cheetos Ohhh so yummy!

My real down fall though is Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.

Beach Patrol
06-11-2011, 09:08 AM
well, seeing as how I'm PMSing right now, there isn't a snack food that is safe from me. better to keep it outta the house for fear I'll re-gain every single ounce I've lost thus far! ...Oh how I love BBQ Fritos, and Tostitos w/a Hint of Lime, and when I REALLY get the need for salt, Salt & Vinegar Lays... YUM!... oh, & let's not forget my chocolate lust... Hershey's w/Almonds and Caramel Kisses and Twix bars & OK I'll shut up now! :dizzy:

tinamariex16
06-11-2011, 09:28 AM
I dont have a particular snack I can't give up, but I REFUSE to give up my caramel mocha iced coffee. I just can't do it.

chickadee32
06-11-2011, 12:08 PM
I dont have a particular snack I can't give up, but I REFUSE to give up my caramel mocha iced coffee. I just can't do it.

This is me too, lol. I always make room in my calories for Starbucks. My usual right now is an iced venti skinny vanilla latte for 110 calories (and 10g protein :D), and when I really want to splurge I have an iced skinny caramel macchiatto for a few calories more and 1g fat. I just can't go without my iced coffee - I crave it!

retrogirl
06-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Bread and I have been having a steamy affair. I told him to pack up his stuff and leave, cause it's not working out. He used to bring all his carb buddies with him...oh mama.
However I turned towards hummus and carrots for a snack..love love!

MzJuicyD
06-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Mzkiki & ShyHeather: I always see the natural peanut butter in the grocery stores but i'm afraid it wont taste as good! lol. Also that layer of oil at the top makes my stomach churn lol

yoyoma
06-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Mzkiki & ShyHeather: I always see the natural peanut butter in the grocery stores but i'm afraid it wont taste as good! lol. Also that layer of oil at the top makes my stomach churn lol

Well, it does taste different. When I first tried natural PB, I didn't like it. But now I love natural PB, but don't like the processed stuff.

The same is true for white/wholegrain bread. I grew up on white bread and didn't like whole grain the first time I tried it. But now I don't like white bread.

pacman12
06-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Those that love peanut butter, look up PB2! It's powdered peanut butter you can make up, but it's got way less fat and calories and tastes good! I add it to protein drinks too. AND it now comes in a chocolate & PB flavour!

Personally, I'm addicted to sugarfree Tropical popsicles. Only 15 calories each but I can literally eat the whole box of 24 in one night (and usually do!) which = 360 cals!! I know the calories aren't THAT bad, but it's definitely binge eating behaviour so I try not to buy them. Have been obsessed with pineapple Chobani yogurts lately, but so is everyone else apparently - can hardly ever find any on the grocery store shelf!

Grace73
06-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Bread and pasta. .I swear im stressed it calls me..
So I refuse to buy it anymore. >LOL
well its only me and hubby in the house. and he dont eat bread.. so im good
But NOPE! wont buy it. or I will freeze it.. Wont work for your problem thou with freezing it.. so JUST DONT BUY IT!!! LOL
its easier getting out of the grocery store.. then facing it every day in your house!
Good Luck!

ann71
06-11-2011, 06:58 PM
agreed yoyoma, about the PB. You can just pour off the oil on top, although your peanut butter may then become hard as a rock. Lower fat though! :)

Ms Marvel
06-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Cannot do without a glass or two of Coke in my day. *sigh* Everything else - not a problem. Not a craving in sight. I'm not even hungry. But I need my Coke! And I don't like diet drinks, so...

justbeu
07-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Have you ever tried PB2 Peanut Butter? It's a powdered pb, but it s really, really good. I have not seen it in stores but you can get it online. Just type in PB2 Peanut Butter. I think it comes in chocolate now too!!!

noregrets4me
07-15-2011, 04:05 PM
fridayangel I'm with you -- pasta and bread, and don't forget the stick of butter!!! I do eat pasta still -- but only a single serving at a time with lots of veggies. And for bread I use small low-fat tortilla wraps to make pizzas. Sweets don't do a thing for me - and that's good because S.O. eats about a half-gallon of ice cream just about every night - along with apple pie :D

TapasLover
07-15-2011, 04:24 PM
For the Jalepeno Cheeto lovers of the group, or the Cheeto fans period, I encourage the indulgence in my ultimate weakness:

Flaming Hot Munchies snack mix.
Unstoppable. SO GOOD. Cheesy, spicy, crunchy. nomnomnomnomnom!

lin43
07-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Mine is peanut butter! I always crave it at night before bed. I havent bought any because of my obsession and last night i got hit with an intense craving.

Me, too!!! Although PB isn't my trigger food, I had an intense craving for some last night. I resisted, and it took at least two hours for the craving to go away. This morning, though, it was back, so I had a piece of toast w/ PB for part of my breakfast. I could have just sat down with the jar and a spoon and been really happy (if not for the calorie count!)

mateosmama2005
07-15-2011, 08:34 PM

I am trying so hard to give up my frapps!!! But I WILL NOT give up my energy/italian soda!!! NEVER!!! lol

mateosmama2005
07-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Mine is flaming hott cheetos w/ lime, and the new 'flamas' doritos...ooh yummy i love hott/spicy!! But ive actually been pretty good the last few weeks!!

kellkell
07-15-2011, 10:43 PM
OMG I could never stop at 32 LOL. My 'cant give up' is ice cream but I am giving it up. I substitute by using whipped cream on my sugar free jello.

dragonlady1978
07-15-2011, 10:46 PM
LOL too funny!

I have limited myself to a few servings a week of bread, rice, and potatoes. Pasta I will only eat when I have a lean cuisine or something that has it in it. It's just too difficult to measure calories properly with sauce etc.

Those are all old boyfriends I don't really miss all that much. But iced coffee? I have no self control with that one.

I basically have cut all contact. If I stay away from Starbucks I don't see him much, but his almost-as-sexy buddies seem to be everywhere lately. Everywhere I turn I see a mccafe sign. I've made a new friend in the cans of starbucks espresso light (70 calories). He's good, and I only put one a day in the fridge so I am not tempted to overdo it...but I'm still tempted to cheat with the real deal when I see it.

nomorexcuses
07-16-2011, 02:55 AM
Anything I am not supposed to eat (not just one snack can be my problem). I just posted that I took the junk food out of my house. That is true- but let me tell you when I get those cravings I know how to make frosting and find my kids teddy grams.
Darn it I have to get rid of the powdered sugar!!

xxkaleidoscopic
07-16-2011, 03:52 AM
Two words: Jalapeņo Cheetos.

and apple crumb donuts.

Jalapeno Cheetos, yeeeesss. I don't keep that stuff around anymore. Too tempting.

Jo Kittibuck
07-16-2011, 07:24 AM
I've never been able to give up pizza, and probably never will. So I have to track the calories of the pizza and budget for it.

As for cheetos, may I recommend Michael Season's Baked Cheese Puffs? I get them from the whole foods section in my Kroger. A whole bag is only about 700 calories, as opposed to the 1500-1800 of normal cheese puffs. They have a light flavor, but I've found them more addicting than any other types.

mamakat
07-16-2011, 08:58 AM
Organic Peanut butter had two things going for it...it's peanut butter and the oil. The oil part is exercise. Stirring that oil in takes a lot of effort and strength :p

I actually (and am still amazed) kicked my boyfriend (cake)to the curb last week. Yep, at first we were going at it hot and heavy, but then he was getting a bit on the lean side while I on the heavy. So I said "no more" and gave him to another woman (my daughter). Affairs are never good, they're fleeting and someone always gets hurt (usually me and my thighs) so no more looking for someone to fill my lonely nights, I'll just take a bike ride from here on in.
:)

devnet
07-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Cheeseburgers tempt me to stray, but I tell them to take their greasy, fatty, oh-so-delicious goodness elsewhere, lol.

Donna Donut
07-17-2011, 03:19 AM
I thought natural PB tasted awful when I first tried it, now I love it. And that was only a month ago.

As for the oil on top, I empty my jar in a bowl, get out the beaters and mix it to even consistency again, put it back in the jar, and then refrigerate it. Once you refrigerate it, the oil doesn't pool at the top. :)

jendiet
07-17-2011, 03:40 AM
i will NOT give up chocolate. I get those little dark chocolate squares with the rasberry swirl. OMG...they are so delicious. 6 of them are 240 calories. I'm willing to pay that. That and whipped cream. I love making my chai tea with REAL WHIPPED cream--none of that non-dairy crap...I have to be careful with chocolate covered ice cream bars--cuz i love them--they have to have coconut oil in them though. or I'm not interested.

Mitsu23
07-19-2011, 09:16 PM
OMG all I want to eat now are cheetos....I'm so easily influenced. LOL
I had no idea they had baked cheetos...yummy

SLIMplicity
07-19-2011, 09:47 PM
I LOVE LOVE MAYONNAISE! I mean I really like it, not the light stuff...ew yuck! My weakness is anything creamy, mayo, sour cream, whipped cream, full-fat milk, alfredo, ...
Its hard to substitute with the light stuff..just doesn't taste the same :(
I'm doing Weight watchers so I can eat the real thing..only it eats all my points.. need to rid myself of the full- fat addiction..
full fat = me being full of FAT!

jendiet
07-20-2011, 03:19 AM
SLIM, i'm guilty of loving the creamy too. however, i have no interest in giving full fat stuff up. I am currently drinking 2% milk. that's enough.

jillianfan
07-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Where do I begin? Nacho cheese Doritos. Nachos Bell Grande from Taco Bell. Krispy Kreme raspberry-filled donuts. Cheddar and Sour Cream Lays potato chips. These are all things that I cannot get started with. I ate an entire back of cheddar and sour cream Lays at one sitting - we are talking a 14 oz bag!

On a healthier note, I could also eat roasted and salted almonds all day long.

m3k
07-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Ugh... my killer food is the Jr. Double Bacon Cheeseburger from Wendy's. My b/f loves them, making it that much worse. I also love a good french fry, and Applebee's Garlic Mashed Potatoes.

Usually what I do is steal a bite, just to have the taste. That way, I'm not sabotaging myself, but I also can then enjoy whatever salad I got.

I also, though, can drink unsweetened ice tea like it's my job. I love salads. (Thank goodness!)

amandabanana
07-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Yum, this thread is making me hungry lol. I used to eat cheetos all the time, but I haven't had those in probably at least 6 months because I could never stop with eating just a few! My biggest things right now that I will never give up are chocolate and bread. Not together though lol.

Riestrella
07-20-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm such a dumbass. I was like "why the **** is she talking about Cheetos when she's having an affair?!" *SIGH*

I'm a sucker for crisps and bread. Mmm...bread. I would kill for some toast right now.

patns
07-20-2011, 08:10 PM

.....smooth deliciousness!!!!:devil: I shouldn't have read this thread, now I want to have multiple affairs:o!