South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/See Ticker/152

Height: 5'8"

Default Snacks for SB Newbie

Hi Everyone!!
I am starting the South Beach diet in the next couple of days. I am confident that it is the right move for me, but I have a concern. I know that if I don’t have enough variety, I will stray off the South Beach path.

I am worried about snacks. I think I have enough variety for meals, but snacks are another story. I usually have fruit for my snacks, but I can’t do that for awhile. Although I like vegetables, I don’t like to eat them that often, and I find I get hungry quickly.

Does anyone have any good snack recommendations for me? I am not fancy in the kitchen, so they would have to be simple.

Thanks much!!
Steen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Try having a protein with a vegetable for your snack, such as cherry tomatoes with a piece of cheese, or raw veggies dipped in plain yogurt. Roasted chickpeas are a favorite of mine, and they really help chase those hunger pangs away.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #3  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I do turkey pepperoni crisps - take some pepperoni, put on paper plate, and microwave for 20 seconds. They crisp up a little bit and it hits the spot when you want something warm to munch. Of course, you can always snack on them cold too.

I also snack on:
V8 juice
string cheese
very small portions of lunch/dinner items
yogurt
cottage cheese
FurnaceOfAchievement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

I double reccommend the turkey pepperoni crisps...quite tasty, even my teenage son eats them for an after school snack.
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

hardboiled eggs, lean deli meats, veggies with hummus or jazzed up nf greek yogurt (add salt, pepper, hebs, lemon juice, garlic, whatever), cheesesticks, toast some garbanzo beans in the oven with some salt, chili powder and cumin, nuts, refried beans, celery and peanut butter, yogurt with sf syrups or extracts...

Last edited by asphyxia63; 06-10-2011 at 01:17 PM.
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Looks like lots of great ideas. I'd add that I'm not a veggie fan either and found it really helps to get my servings in if I have them for snacks too. I discovered that roasting them makes pretty much any veggie tastier IMO and I am a huge fan of green bean "fries."
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote