Goal Photo Album - Joyful's Journey Complete! GOAL PICS!

joyfulloser
06-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Well all...this journey has been an interesting one (to say the least). I made it...I lost 60 pounds in 9 months. I did it using a gourmet frozen food delivery service called Bistro MD for the first 3 months and calorie counting for the remainder. For exercise I worked my way up to running 4 days/week @ 5.4 miles each run (21 miles/week). I also do (sporatically) pullups on my under the door pullup bar (up to 10 reps for 2-3 sets with the last set falling between 3-4 reps). That's it. I have wonderful equipment at home to use, but as you will see from the dust...it hasn't been used. My old beat up trusty craigslist bought treadmill is all the training this bod gets!:D

The life lessons I've learned are too many to mention here, but the one that comes to mind most prevalently is that of MODERATION. All things in moderation.:)

Here's some pictures of me at my highest weight of 209 and just 2 days ago. Sorry, but don't have many fat pics cuz I really hid from the camera at my highest weight.

thinin08
06-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Great Job! You look beautiful and happy.

midwife
06-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Congrats!!! Very inspiring!!! :carrot:

bargoo
06-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Congratulations !

saggzz
06-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Congrats! I followed your journey on the calorie counters page.
You look great!

Slim CB
06-09-2011, 11:58 AM
You go joyfulloser!. You have an amazing bod!!!!

Amberelise
06-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Great job! You're such an inspiration!

Emme
06-09-2011, 12:17 PM
OMG, look at that rockin' bod!! I am so happy for you! I have loved reading your blog and following you ~ you are truly an inspiration! :) You rock, girl!

Matilda08
06-09-2011, 12:20 PM
WTG!!! You look great:)

zoodoo613
06-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Wow! Check you out! You look awesome! Congratulations!

fatburner77
06-09-2011, 12:55 PM
From one runner to another - keep on keepin' on! You'll do great in maintenance. Now, go have a little ice cream. ;)
Congratulations!

Beck
06-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Amazing job! What an great accomplishment to not only lose the weight, but to also be able to run as well as you do.

Congratulations!

ariana
06-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Wow, you look FANTASTIC!!! I want your calves and belly, your body is rockin! Congratulations, all your hard work has paid off!!! I can't wait to be in your shoes. :)

TapasLover
06-09-2011, 02:32 PM
I have followed your inspirational journey since day 1....and in fact started my own approximately when you did. I also weighed in at Goal today, and believe your daily updates and perseverance helped me get there. Congratulations, and thank you!

fattymcfatty
06-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Your abs are awesome!!! (Your arms looked ripped, too, BTW)
Great job! I agree with the moderation. That is the key. Took me 33 years to learn it.

k8yk
06-09-2011, 04:57 PM
AWESOME!!! You look fantastic :)

joyfulloser
06-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Thank you..thank you...THANK YOU LADIES!!!!:D You made my day!:carrot:

Oh yeah...sorry, forgot to post these pics!

joyfulloser
06-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Oh and last but not least...my best friend (treadmill!:D)

Look at all this fine UNUSED workout equipment I own....it should be a crime!:mad: Notice the dust collecting on it. I don't use it...not any of it!:(

For the next phase of my body recomp, I WILL use the squat rack. I may end up selling all the other stuff and just keeping my old used treadmill. I mean it's got me this far....right?

I hate working out in my gym especially over the summer. I'd rather be swimming in my pool!:)

I am totally ready for the next phase!!!:dancer: Thanks again all for your kind words and loving support.:hug:

sheramama
06-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Wow! U look so great! Congrats!

darius
06-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Wow 5.4 miles, 4 days a week. That's real dedication. What great results you got; what great legs!

natamars
06-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Congratulations - I've enjoyed following your journey! You look wonderful!!

evilwomaniamshe
06-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Joy,
You look rock solid sistah! Girl you gots a Bangin bod girlfriend.
LOL at you preserving your exercise equipment, with the dust, BFD- it's apparent you don't really need it, swimming & running & pull ups keep you in tip top shape! You look AWESOME, like you can give a punch & take one too if needed! :) BRAVO chicky, BRAVO..

joyfulloser
06-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks for all your wonderful comments. It truly feels soooooo good to reach a goal. Next stop...I want buns like Cory Everson!:D

Wendalyn - You are too funny gurl! Thanks for pulling me through to the other side of the finish line! I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to eat. I was gonna post the homemade cookies I just made (oatmeal raisin and toll house), but I thought that would be cruel!:lol:

I'm always trying to make this point because I feel sad that it took me 44 yrs to figure this simple fact out and I don't like seeing others (younger) make the same mistakes I did. EAT WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY! LESS IS MORE!!! YOUR BODY BUILDS MUSCLE AT REST...if you don't give it rest, then you will be spinning the wheels of progress.:( STRESS is your enemy in the weight loss world. Your body doesn't like stress. For some reason stress makes your body clinge to fat and not release it (despite how much you starve yourself). You cannot STARVE fat away. BURN FAT....FEED MUSCLE... The body is like a furnace. Food is fuel. Any questions?:p

ONE MORE....there is NO MAGIC CALORIE EQUATION that will ensure weight loss. Some days your body needs more, some days less. LEARN TO LISTEN to your body. It will tell you clearly when it needs more fuel...don't give it a cookie or a diet soda when it asks....give it protein, complex carbs, and various other nutrient dense delishous foods.:)

Ok...I'm stepping off my soapbox for now. Thanks again everybody and feel free to ask me any questions you would like. I love sharing.:)

170starting
06-10-2011, 10:51 AM
You look incredible!!! Thank you for the thinspiration. xoxo :hug:

GettinFit
06-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Congratulations Joyful on reaching your goal! You have done an awesome job and you look great.

djs06
06-10-2011, 12:18 PM
You look absolutely wonderful!!! :cheer: Congratulations!

patchworkpenguin
06-10-2011, 12:39 PM
great job! you should be very proud of yourself!

bitetoobreakkskin
06-10-2011, 12:42 PM
you look awesome!!! congrats-cant wait to join you in maintaining. you are motivation!

DaughteroftheKing
06-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Yayyy!! I loved reading your posts under the CC section- thanks for the inspiration! Congrats again! :)

LeedaRenee
06-10-2011, 03:45 PM
You look fab girl! Very toned!

marshas
06-12-2011, 03:36 AM
Great job.. Congrats to you ...

Jen516
06-14-2011, 12:44 AM
AHHHHH Joyful!!! Sorry I got to the celebration party so late, but I wanted to give you a big CONGRATS!!! Way to go, you look great! I refuse to believe that you got those abs by running alone. ;) You look fab and I know you feel fab which is 10 times more important! You're a great inspiration to me -- all the meal planning AND you got me jogging!! An impossible feat! Thanks for all the motivation; I'm off to the gym now... gonna catch up to you eventually! :D :D :D Well, get close anyways! :lol:

WLGirl1
06-14-2011, 03:54 AM
Totally jealous of those abs. Well done!!!!!!!!!!

joyfulloser
06-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Thanks ya'll!:D

Oh and...

JENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!:hug: There you go!;) Thanks gurl...I feel like I've been through this entire journey with you and it just wouldn't be right if you weren't here with me at the end. Thanks for all your support and encouragement along the way!:hug:

Be assured...I'll be around to stalk (*cough*), I mean ENCOURAGE you down to your finish line too!:carrot:

Lastly...YES, I got my abs by running. I didn't do any other form of exercise other than random pullups on my under door pullup bar I have strategically placed on my bathroom door!:lol:

Here's the trick. When you run, focus on your ab muscles. Think "ABS"!!! Tighten them, make conscious slight twisting movements. Believe me...this works!:D Once I began running for over an hour, I realized that at the same time I was doing ab work for an hour...4-5 days a week...your bound to get some nice abs working that hard..eh? It's a myth that you need to be laying down on a mat to get nice abs. Kill 2 birds with one stone...I say!:carrot: :dancer: :carrot:

sunlover
06-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Wow! You look amazing!

hhaffner
06-18-2011, 08:57 PM
congrats!!!
you look SO good

gagalu
06-19-2011, 11:55 AM
HOLY CRAP

way to go, hottie!

probably the most impressive after pics i've seen on this site

i mean, damn!

Gwen
06-19-2011, 08:17 PM
YAY Joyful!!! Congratulations on goal and that fantabulous bod! You are SUCH an inspiration!!! :D

You inspired me to get back into running, but it's going slowly for me (older than you and way out of shape) I'm running/jogging/walking on a treadmill now up to 40 minutes (minimum 30) then I switch to an eliptical or bike for 10-20 minutes more -- then I HIIT the weight machines. I've been seeing a big difference in my body, but not much weight loss. You had encouraged me to go over 30 minutes when I was only doing 20 and that helped. Maybe it's time to try for 60 minutes now?? I'm having a hard time cutting calories - still eating 1500 or more daily.

So, here are my questions: Did you start running at 209 or walk/jogging? Did you use the treadmill or outdoors? Has the weight consistently melted off, or was there a stall? You mentioned that as far as food goes we should listen to our bodies -- but mine is always hungry :?: What did you do to control appetite?

jendiet
06-19-2011, 09:00 PM
wow awesome, you have really restructured your body!

joyfulloser
06-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Thank you ladies so very much!:D

Did you start running at 209 or walk/jogging?

I started at 200 lbs. I did a walk/jog interval thingy. Run 30 secs...walk 2 mins..and repeat for about 20 mins. I gradually increased my running time and decreased my walking time.

Did you use the treadmill or outdoors?

When I first started, walking the dog WAS my exercise. Then I graduated to walk/running at my local park (trail). When the weather got cold (around late November), I moved my butt inside, bought a treadmill off of craigslist...and the rest is history!:D

Has the weight consistently melted off, or was there a stall?

Yes, the weight has consistently melted off. During the first couple of months, I had no loss for 2 weeks, but that was my only "stall" (if you can call it that). I've been consistent at 1-2 lbs/week. Nothing spectactular...but regular.

You mentioned that as far as food goes we should listen to our bodies -- but mine is always hungry What did you do to control appetite?

So is mine. I'm so hungry that I take pictures of my FOOD...I mean...who does that? I'm a FOOD FREAK... I know...and I also know I'm in LOVE with food, so I make the best of it! Pre-prepare healthy delishous meals. Experiment with exotic cuisine from around the globe....Doctor high fat desserts into rich, decadent low calorie, moderate fat desserts!;)

Lastly, APPETITE CONTROL. How I controlled my appetite during this journey is by eating ALL DAY LONG. Seriously...I eat 9-10 times a day. Take a look at my "Joyful's Journey to Lose 26 lbs" page...try eating all the foods I have listed, and see if YOU get hungry!:lol: My tummy really never had a chance to be empty. Oh and here's a biggie...I started eating earlier in the day. Breakfast is at 6:30a.m., lunch at noon, and dinner at 5pm. All other meals are fresh fruits, low cal desserts, nuts, popcorn, protein bar, protein shake, etc. type snacks.

I've also recently tried cinnamon w/chromium (Walmart brand). Very very good at stabilizing blood sugar and keeping you satisfied longer with no crashes. It's only about $6 and IMHO worth a try if hunger is an issue. My mom is type 2 diabetic, and the cinnamon worked so well to stabilize her blood sugar, that her doctor lowered her insulin substantially!:eek:

Well...hope this helps you Gwen and anyone reading. Thanks again ladies for your kind words. It's tough to be "hot" at 44 yrs old...so these comments just tickle me purple (I would say pink...but well yunno!):lol: Thanks.:hug:

DEDIKAYTED
06-20-2011, 04:56 PM
How in the WORLD did I miss this???? I am soooo extremely happy for you! You worked the heck out of your plan and now look!!!! All your hard work and dedication has paid off!!

I absolutely love it!

You go girl!

MaryOjo
06-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Congratulations! I read your journey a few times but i gave up on my own weight loss. Now that i saw your pictures, i'm inspired and i'm commited to be more focused so i can be like you.

You have just shown me it's possible

MaryOjo
06-21-2011, 10:46 AM
probably the most impressive after pics i've seen on this site

i mean, damn!

I totally agree with this post! This is the most impressive after pics i've seen on this site

bells132
06-21-2011, 10:59 AM
WOW, Girl! You look absolutely amazing!!! Congratulations. Your hard work has really paid off for you!!

melissakd
06-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Yay!! You look fantastic!

skinnyelle39
06-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Drooling over those legs! I can only hope my running will get me there someday! Were you doing intervals or just long, steady jogs?

fatferretfanatic
06-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Great Job, Joyfullloser. You seriously have done amazing things. You are simply inspirational!

joyfulloser
06-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Thank you thank you thank you!!!! You all have no idea how I DON'T get this in real life...your support means more to me than I can express in words.:hug:

MaryOjo - That's probably one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me...thanks!:hug: I'm glad that I can be a source of encouragement...I feel it's only right since you all encourage me sooooo much!

skinnyel39 - I MUST ask...are you 39? Cuz if so...WHOA!!!! I thought I had a baby face...but you put me to shame!:eek: :D In any event...you are simply gorgeous...just keep seeing yourself the YOU you want to be...and remain consistent...you'll be there in no time;). You don't have to kill yourself working out 10 times a day or starve...just move...and when you do exercise...MAKE IT COUnT...GO b*lls to the wall!:lol: As far as my running...I'm what you call a slow runner. I run a 12 minute mile, with absolutely NO ASPIRATIONS of running any faster. I like to enjoy my runs. That said, I do alternate speed (just to keep it interesting). I start out with a 1 min warmup (walk at 2.5-3.5mph), then I run at 5.0 for 10 mins, next I run 5.5 mph for 5 mins and alternate to 5.0 mph for 5 mins all the way till I get to 60 mins, then cool down for 5 mins (2 min @ 3.5, 2 mins @3.0, 30 sec @2.5, 30 sec @2.0). I will only run faster if being chased by the cops in LA!:lol:

fatferretfanatic - You are MY HERO...the only chick not afraid to run even though her neighbor's (possibly rabbid dog) chases you every day!:lol: You run in the middle of a typhoon! Talk about your inspiration...YOU GO GURL!:D Thanks.:hug: Oh...btw, did you ever talk to your neighbor about that crazy dog?

elaine19
06-22-2011, 01:01 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!! the pics are great, thanks for sharing! Moderation is an excellent tip:)

jomatho
06-25-2011, 03:43 PM
A huge congratulations to you Joyful! I was sad to see your thread closed, but so glad you posted your final results for us. Your pictures are amazing and I just want to tell you that you have been a big source of inspiration and ideas for me. Good luck with maintenance and enjoy your new body (and your old clothes, ha ha)!

KimAnn23
06-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Congratulations!!!

Angie
06-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Wow! Amazing transformation. I saw in another post that you mentioned your age, which gives me much hope and encouragement as I continue on my journey. My plan is to look smoking hot at the end, and now I can see that is possible even after 40!

BTW, you mentioned walking the dog got you started, did he/she lose weight too? :D

ticklemepink
07-05-2011, 05:05 PM
So encouraging! Great job! I hope that's me one day.

Transformer08
07-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Your abs rock my world! I've heard that running is good for the core, I guess it's true! Congrats on a job well done.

RenayZ
07-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Joyful, you look amazing!:carrot:

I'm 44 as well, and I've begun this journey yet again, after some achievement in my thirties of losing 33 lbs, I'm here again, trying to lose the same thirty. Of course, I had a baby at 40 but I can't blame the weight on her anymore!

You were my inspiration this morning when I ran on the treadmill for half an hour at the gym. I put on some rockin' tunes (I love 'Cult of Personality' - it really helped me get a good pace) and thought to myself, "If Joyful can look that ripped at 44, so can I!" and I did it.
I did it in intervals - HIIT - and it was great for me.

Thank you for posting your awesome achievement. I hope you'll still be around here now and then!

Much love!

fight2winthis
07-14-2011, 07:11 AM
Congratulations!!!

fight2winthis
07-14-2011, 07:19 AM
:carrot:
I hope i have the patience to reach my own goals!

joyfulloser
07-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Thank you so much for your wonderful support. Yup...I'm still here as I'm not done yet. My next goal is to actually start lifting weights. I'm really such a lazy couch potato at heart. I haven't ran in 2 weeks, but I've been swimming (I have a pool at home) just about everyday, so I'm maintaining nicely with that. I can now eat anything I want and frequently do!:D

Maintenance is really easy if you don't deprive yourself during your fat/weight loss journey.:)

Keep thinking positive and I'll be posting on you all's goal post!:D
Thanks again.:hug:

MsModelSara
07-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Wow, amazing job girl! You look fantastic! I can't wait to be able to take my bikini mirror pics too!! :D I bet you feel great knowing you accomplished your goals. Thank you for sharing

chel3fsea
07-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Wow you look fantastic! Congrats!!!

loosing40
07-18-2011, 02:32 PM
You look amazing, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

joyfulloser
07-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Thank you ladies for your encouraging comments. I've now turned my attention from running to swimming. Decided to give my knees a much NEEDED break. Swam 60 laps yesterday. Entire body is completely sore today. Aaaaahhh...I LOVE IT!:carrot:

Thanks again.:hug:

Gwen
07-21-2011, 09:13 AM
:eek: Wow Joyful - You are my Idol -- a Fit Foodie Goddess! Foodie finds Fitness. Fat to Fit. Frumpy to Fantabulous! :D Menopausal Mama's most Marvelous Makeover!

I'm 10 years older than you and post-menopausal... (old, slow and a foodie too.) I've been following your much appreciated advice and bumped up the cardio. I've also kicked it up a few notches with Zumba and Yoga in addition to my 30-40 min run/walk and weight training. The weight stall is over - finally. I'm counting down to posting bikini pics next July!

If you have a Rush near you give it a try. Their weight machines are so varied you'll find the perfect fit for your level and physical build.

MissCatty
07-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Your ABS look at those ABS! Inspired! TOTALLY!

seizetheday
07-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Wow, Joyful! What an accomplishment!
I started BMD about 3 wks ago. Any words of wisdom? How much exercise did you add in every week? I'm going to be lifting some weights as I go along, I have terrible knees so it's one of the things I can do. Thanks for being inspiring!

MBA2010
07-21-2011, 02:12 PM
OH WOW! GREAT JOB! Now, keep up the great work!

pointless2011
07-22-2011, 06:23 PM
Hey!! You look amazing.. I think I've told you this before on some other thread lol.. Anyways. I can't believe you are 149.2 lbs! and 5'9"!! You look SO slim and fit! I am 5'9" and 152 right now and I look very fat (especially on my stomach). It's crazy how muscle weigh so much more than fat lol. Anyways, I have a question, I have a very large stomach and what exactly can I do to lose it? And I don't really want my chest to decrease because I'm afraid my stomach will stick out farther than my breasts lol.

joyfulloser
07-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Aaaahhh...glad I came back here ladies...you are sooooo encouraging!:hug:

Gwennnnnnnnn!!!! - :lol: I love the "Menopausal Mama's Marvelous Makeover"! haha! Yuppers...that'll be me in about 4-5 yrs maybe? I'm so crazy...all I can think about is not having a period anymore...YEAHHHHH!!!:p

Thanks for all your wonderful compliments.:)

seizetheday - I started exercise by walking my dog in the neighborhood for about 15-20 mins. This was seriously all I could manage at the time. Then I started running for 30 sec, walking for 2 mins and repeat for 20 mins. Each week/bi-weekly (depending on how my knees and joints felt), I'd increase my running time by 10 secs., until I closed the gap between running and walking to all running. I did my own version of C25K, but I'd recommend that program for a beginner looking for structure. I still feel you should always listen to your own body over any program. If you hurt...stop, walk, take a break, restart.:)

pointless2011 - Abs? Well, honestly, I haven't done any direct ab work.:^: I do work my abs "indirectly" though. When I ran, I always focused my mind on tightening my abs and making slight twisting motion. Also, when I do my pullups, I also feel it in my abs. I practice good posture and inadvertently and automatically "suck it up". These things may help a bit. I think the fastes way to "nice abs" is finding the correct diet. Finding a BALANCE between sufficient calorie intake vs. activity level. As a carnivore, I naturally eat high protein. Turns out muscle likes protein, so if nothing else, make you eat plenty of protein from lean cuts of meat, poultry, legumes, etc.

Lastly...core exercises that involve "bodyweight"...these are all great exercises that you enhance your overall symmetry and muscle mass. Hope this helps and thanks again ladies!:hug:

Patti Ann
07-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Wow, you look great. Very inspiring

pointless2011
07-29-2011, 01:27 AM
joyfulloser thanks! I will deff try that out

happygirl5
08-20-2011, 11:17 PM
WELL DONE GIRL!

YOU look amazing :))
http://sfgf.lilyslim.com/EZJEp2.png

meg86
08-21-2011, 12:06 AM
you look AMAZING!!! Now that is an impressive after look!

D O L L
08-22-2011, 01:28 AM
oh my gawd. wow..... congratulations!

skinnyelle39
09-02-2011, 04:12 PM
T
skinnyel39 - I MUST ask...are you 39? Cuz if so...WHOA!!!! I thought I had a baby face...but you put me to shame!:eek: :D In any event...you are simply gorgeous...just keep seeing yourself the YOU you want to be...and remain consistent...you'll be there in no time;). You don't have to kill yourself working out 10 times a day or starve...just move...and when you do exercise...MAKE IT COUnT...GO b*lls to the wall!:lol: As far as my running...I'm what you call a slow runner. I run a 12 minute mile, with absolutely NO ASPIRATIONS of running any faster. I like to enjoy my runs. That said, I do alternate speed (just to keep it interesting). I start out with a 1 min warmup (walk at 2.5-3.5mph), then I run at 5.0 for 10 mins, next I run 5.5 mph for 5 mins and alternate to 5.0 mph for 5 mins all the way till I get to 60 mins, then cool down for 5 mins (2 min @ 3.5, 2 mins @3.0, 30 sec @2.5, 30 sec @2.0). I will only run faster if being chased by the cops in LA!:lol:
g?

Im just now getting back to this post from MONTHS ago and I apologize. I forgot to check back and see if you responded,lol (ooops). No Im not 39.... does it say that I am somewhere? lol Im 27. Thanks for the sweet compliments :D and the advice!