South Beach Diet - I'm eating a SANDWICH!!!

View Full Version : I'm eating a SANDWICH!!!

Kilikila
06-08-2011, 07:23 PM
I am slowly moving out of phase 1 this week, so bread is not totally unforgivable. But I found the recipe for flax seed bread on the phase 1 recipes and made some today. OMG it is good!

Right now I am eating two big slices of it with black forest ham and a slice of cheese, I probably should have thrown in some lettuce and sprouts, but I am really enjoying this sandwich. This is the first one I have had in at least 3 weeks!

Mmckellen
06-09-2011, 06:30 AM
I keep meaning to make that bread...I have enough ground flax seed in the freezer to do it.

Lexxiss
06-09-2011, 08:29 AM
I've never tried it. Glad you enjoyed it!

asphyxia63
06-09-2011, 11:50 AM
I love the excitement in the title of this post! Bread is my number one diet failure food, I can eat a whole loaf in two days. I'm scared to reintroduce it!

FurnaceOfAchievement
06-09-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm with you there, asphyxia63. I'm too scared to reintroduce bread! So far I've been eating berries. I'll have to hunt for this flax bread recipe and see if it is far enough away from "real" bread to be worth a shot.

asphyxia63
06-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Me too! I started with strawberries and have now added blueberries and raspberries. Today I am moving on to mango! I have a bag of garbanzo bean flour and found a recipe for bread with that. It seems easy and not very bread-like- more like a flatbread or a pizza crust... That should be safe. If the recipe is successful I'll post it!

FurnaceOfAchievement
06-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Mmmm last night I graduated from blueberries to raspberries, and it is like manna from heaven. Mango is so exotic! I'll put it on my list. Yeah, definitely report back on the garbanzo bread. Seriously after about 5-10 minutes of searching I can't find the flax bread recipe - Kilikila will you post/link to it?

FurnaceOfAchievement
06-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Okay, I think this is what we're talking about here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/miscellaneous-phase-1/198370-focaccia-style-flax-bread.html#post3857211

Strawbryrain
06-13-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm not sure if I'm completely in compliance, but I found these awesome little 100% whole grain round breads. They're very thin, almost like a pita, but they are delicious and perfect for a quick sandwich. They should be just fine for Ph2.
Oh, they're called "Earth Grains Thin Buns" with only 100 calories, no high fructose corn syrup, and they come in 100% whole wheat or whole grain. I found 'em at my grocery store over next to the hamburger buns. Yummy!