100 lb. Club - confession-I cheated today

View Full Version : confession-I cheated today

suzie76
01-07-2003, 06:34 PM
Hi,

I thought if I made myself "confess" about my off program day, I may think more before cheating next time.

I didn't do very well today. I was fine until mid-afternoon, then cheated on a snack, and didn't eat a healthy dinner (even though I had one made-which makes no sense! I just didn't feel like eating baked chicken and vegetables)

Oh, well, tomorrow is another day. Anyone else have a confession to make? Hopefully I'm the only one who screwed up today.

Take care,
Sherry

Inca's Momma
01-07-2003, 07:41 PM
umm breakfast a heath bar :ink: :moo: lunch 2 quarter pounders with cheese :ink: :moo: dinner 6 klondike bars :o i'll stop there.

Charbar
01-07-2003, 08:15 PM
me too - mid afternoon I ate 4 girl scout and a bowl of ice cream...

I did have a healthy very low point dinner...

and then another bowl of ice cream - but only 1 scoop...

over all.. I am guessing I ate about 12 extra points today... not the worst day. Good for us for coming clean. This is a great idea/thread. Thanks! I feel better already

Sandi
01-07-2003, 11:02 PM
hmmm...do I really want to do this.

Bacon, egg & cheese biscuit & hashbrown

4 or 5 cookies

personal pan cheese pizza

4 or 5 cookies

bacon double cheese burger w/ fries

Turtle sundae

Boy I can't belive I confessed that. That is realy bad. No wonder I weigh 297.

gonzostar
01-07-2003, 11:24 PM
oh you guys don't even know. i ate about half a bag of tortilla chips, with bean dip. that in addition to a mrs. fields cookie, and a reese's fast break. and for lunch i had pasta.

i had a school-related stress breakdown, and chowed those chips without thinking while watching a movie. i really, really have to learn how to deal with my problems through other outlets besides food.

SuchAPrettyFace
01-08-2003, 02:50 AM
:lol: Dana ate a Girl Scout!!! I know it's only a typo, but @ this hour it's really funny.

I had some ladyfingers w/cherry pie filling mixed w/a thawed box of frozen raspberries over them for lunch (just a serving, not the whole thing, hahaha). And one Oreo.

I just saw a commercial for coffee Oreos tonight. I'm resisting the urge to go purchase some.

MzPen
01-08-2003, 08:55 AM
I know this sounds really petty, but I found a chocolate kiss in my purse and popped it right in my mouth!!

With some of the "cheat" listings here, it makes me wonder whether some of you might be following such a restricted "diet" that you can't stand the thought of not eating certain things so you chow them down like there's no tomorrow ... I only say this because I do the same thing. Fortunately a lot less than I used to, but I'll confess that I did some of that over the holidays. For instance, going to the Mexican restaurant buffet and stuffing myself with about six tacos and some chimichangas ... that attitude that "I'm paying for it, I'd better get all I can!" and "I won't be doing this for a while, so I'd better eat my fill!"

I've just started BFL, which allows one free day to eat whatever you want. On the one hand, you'd think I could have the stamina to tell myself, when I'm craving something not allowed, "I can have it on my free day." On the other, I'm a bit afraid that once I taste the freedom of the free day, I'll have a hard time getting back on the program the next day.

Pen
265/220/150ish

Charbar
01-08-2003, 09:03 AM
:lol: 4 real girl scouts! lol

Goddess Jessica
01-08-2003, 12:02 PM
Cheating is getting a fingerful of ice cream out of the freezer when no one is looking and popping it right into my mouth! How disgusting is that!!!!!

I can't believe I told anyone that.... it's so ridiculous and embarrasing.

soiley
01-08-2003, 12:33 PM
well - I started out the day with an insulin reaction and over corrected (like I usually do - it feels so scary when your blood sugar is crashing). Then when I did my before lunch blood sugar it was too high, but I did eat my on-program lunch. When it was still way high at dinnertime, I ate my on-program dinner, then (here's the paradox) "punished" myself for having high blood sugars all day by eating 2 pieces of toast with butter, 5 or 6 cookies and a bag of full-fat microwave popcorn before I went to bed. I'm sitting here shaking my head as I write this in the light of day, at how senseless this kind of behavior this is.

MzPen - pardon my ignorance, but what is BFL? You wouldn't believe the words I've been trying to put together. :)

4 girl scouts.......probably would be better for you than the cookies. At least they would have protein.

GringaGordita
01-08-2003, 12:51 PM
hi everyone, i don't usually post on this forum, but this thread really caught my attention. i cheat at least once a week...a big cheat, like a meal where i have everything i want, etc. i find that allowing myself one big cheat helps me stay on track the rest of the day, kind of like the lady who was talking about BFL and the free day. of course, with weeks like this one, sometimes i end up having some little cheats too...a whole bag of caramel rice cakes, etc. i guess i'm trying to at least keep the little cheats healthier than they would have been in the past. rice cakes are better than cookies, right?

anyway, just wanted to add my two cents and urge everyone who had a cheat today, whether big or little, not to beat yourself up. just get right back on track and keep going. you will lose the weight.

MzPen
01-08-2003, 01:01 PM
Sorry, Jerie -- Body for Life (for info, see Body for Life/Weightlifting on the main board)

Jennelle
01-08-2003, 07:56 PM
hee hee hee....Jessica, I've been known to eat spray cheese directly out of the can...just squirt it in my mouth and eat...

Paris Madeleine
01-08-2003, 08:10 PM
Oi. I've been there with the mindless eating. A few days ago I was eating Baked Doritos and before I knew it half the bag was gone!

SuchAPrettyFace
01-09-2003, 01:21 AM
Only 1 treat today--a Nestle's Treasure. Toasted Coconut, my all time favorite. Only 1 piece. :)

glynne
01-09-2003, 05:01 AM
Prettyface!

That is great! Being able to stop at just one. That is what I need to be able to do ~ develope some self control.

Way to go!!

glynne

Jenniffer
01-09-2003, 10:03 AM
Maybe it was something in the air yesterday?

Started out of plan, not bad, just not ideal. Ended up driving to Carvel last night for 3 scoops of some pb/chocolate ice cream..and I didn't even enjoy it all that much.

I am with the all or nothing bunch though...If I indulge in something..gotta eat it all.

Hmmm...

I've been known to eat a whole can of icing...not a pretty sight.

snowball1
01-09-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Jenniffer
I am with the all or nothing bunch though...If I indulge in something..gotta eat it all.

Me, too. I can never stop with one piece of chocolate, one brownie, one whatever. I definitely need to work on that, but until then, I'm better off just avoiding it altogether.

glynne
01-09-2003, 01:49 PM
I am finding that for me, it is easier to stay in control ~ like at work or out at a restraunt ~ when there are tempting things around. I can eat one or two cookies or what ever and stop at that, because I don't want someone to think I am being a pig or something.

I just have to make myself not bring that stuff home, because I am just not able to stop at one or two when no one is looking.

glynne

Jenniffer
01-09-2003, 01:56 PM
Exactly Glynne. It's not that I starve myself in front of others. But no way in **** would I eat out of a can of icing in front of others. Or finish a whole bag of cookies...ect. ect.

As long as I don't bring it home with me...I should be okay. Or sneak it at my desk after hrs

Charbar
01-09-2003, 05:51 PM
:devil: I must have the devil in me. I blew again this afternoon. Seems like I can only do it right every other day sometimes. Those darn "thin mints" girl scout cookies.... argh! I had like 5 of them, then a handful of potato chips.

When I was single I thought dieting would be easier when I had a family because I would have to cook meals rather then snack on junk food. Now that I have a family I think it would be easier to be single because I wouldn't have any junk in the house.

The grass is always greener, eh?

Goddess Jessica
01-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Jennelle - That was so funny! And I'm glad I'm not the only one.

KittyMilk
01-09-2003, 06:12 PM
Can of cheese, can of icing? I cannot even begin to imagine cheese coming out of a can?? The only can like thing we get over here is cream. Really from what I've read about supermarkets in the us I don't know how any of you handle dieting. There is way too much tempation and too many choices of junkfoods. I read in one yournal where you could get hersi kisses deep fried at a fair!
When you do slip just remember you live in the worlds yummiest country and have ten times the food choices of anywhere else, that's gotta make eating fruit and vege's extra hard....How do you cope with all those snack foods at the supermarket? Just don't go down that isle? Thats what I do anyway If I don't have to look at the packs it's easier to avoid.

Jennelle
01-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Oh, yes, KittyMilk - the hot item at our fair this year was deep-fried Snicker bars. That sounds like a bit much even for ME! :lol:

I do avoid the snack foods aisle - if I can. In the store I shop in the most, though, all the breakfast cereals are right across from the cookies...all the diet soda and bottled water is right across from the pototo chips....I wonder if they do it on purpose?

SuchAPrettyFace
01-09-2003, 08:48 PM
So much to say...I will try & make it short & sweet.

Yesterday the trick was--the bag of candy was not mine. It was Judy's. I tell myself when I see food/snacks that I immediately want, "It's not yours. You can't have any." But Judy was handing them out, so I said yes to one.

Today was a different story--I went out to lunch w/my friend Denise (who lost 60# 3 years ago & has kept it off). I called ahead to see what the lowfat soup was, so I could make a good decision. I love their soups & salads. (http://panera.com/) Anyway, I ate my lunch & then after lunch I had a hankering for something sweet, so I moseyed on over to the bakery section.

And that, my friends, was the end of me for today. :lol: I bought a chocolate walnut cookie that had white chocolate chips in it. I tried to share it w/Denise, but all she wanted was a bite. :( So, I ate the rest & regretted it all afternoon.

We went to lunch much later than I usually eat, and my stomach has actually shrunk a little from eating smaller meals more frequently, so I was uncomfortable. Not only that, but I've been good w/the sugar (ie--not having any) so my stomach felt upset from not only being too full, but not being used to such a high amt of sugar all at once. (I've been having just a small treat if I really crave something sweet.)

So it was a bit of a wake up call that I needed. I'm glad that it was such a quick & instant reminder of how far I've come & how great I'm doing (most of the time).

Goddess Jessica
01-10-2003, 12:00 PM
KittyMilk - HA! Ok, the cheese in the can is called Easy Cheese. Not only is it in a can but it projectile sprays out of it. When I was a kid we would build Easy Cheese towers on crackers to see who could put the most cheese on a cracker. It's florescent orange and just not that appetizing. I don't know how I deal with all the junk food. I guess it's just stimulation overload and I'm used to it. However, I am completely addicted to Yowies and we can't get them in the United States. A friend of mine that lives in Melbourne gets one or two for me every year but it's not enough! I also prefer Violet Crumble to any candy bar here.